Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you how many people went up to me and said, Bill, I've been listening to you four and then I just shut him up.
Speaker 3: I go, just shut up. I don't want to hear it. Okay, just done.
Speaker 4: Used to be.
Speaker 5: Oh, I've been.
Speaker 3: Listening to here for fifteen years. Hey, that's great, thank you so much. And then I've been listening to you for twenty years ago. Thanks, that's terrific. After that, it's shut up. I don't want to hear it. Shut up. We've gotten old, both of us.
Speaker 2: You look like crap, and you're probably gonna die by this weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Here's Bill Handle, and good good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It isday Tuesday, A taco Tuesday, November twenty sixth, or do we say a turkey Tuesday, k twelve day after tomorrow? You know? Yeah? Not bad? How about turkey tacos? They's good, Yeah, they're not bad.
Speaker 3: They're not bad. Turkey is my favorite meal.
Speaker 2: It's always the only way you describe good turkey is moist.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's good. Turkey. Not flavorful.
Speaker 5: Not.
Speaker 3: It tastes good. It's moist.
Speaker 6: It's the basis for a tasty meal. Yeah, and stuffing and the green.
Speaker 3: Beans bright yeah. Yeah. Cardboard does much the same thing.
Speaker 2: It tastes okay, if you put lots of spices, lots of sauces, lots of.
Speaker 3: Cheese on it. Yeah, that's true. Amy, you can do well.
Speaker 2: Remember when Domino's Pizza switched its recipe because it was cardboard, prior to the CEO going on television saying, Yep, our pizza is terrible.
Speaker 3: We have a new formo. He actually did that. You talk about balls.
Speaker 2: And I'm one of the few people that said you have ruined the pizza by getting rid of.
Speaker 4: The cardboard to the cardboard pizza.
Speaker 3: I did like the cardboard pizza anyway.
Speaker 2: Good morning Amy, Good morning, Bill, good morning, and Cono good morning, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, good morning. And then Michelle is here filling in for and good morning.
Speaker 4: Michelle, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good for those of you that have listened for any length of time, Michelle was the producer of this show for twenty five years, twenty six, twenty six years, and she was at one of the people that folks that are one hundred and ninety years old that come up to me and say, I've been listening to your show for so long, and how's Michelle.
Speaker 3: How the hell do I know?
Speaker 2: She sits in the other end of the hallway and runs the producers and does whatever the hell she does.
Speaker 3: What do you do? By the way, what do you do?
Speaker 2: I try to describe to people what you do, or I'm okay, that's good.
Speaker 3: You do everything. That's basically it.
Speaker 5: No oversee the producers, help them with the shows, help them with guests if.
Speaker 7: They need be help with remotes.
Speaker 5: You know that I handle mostly all those remotes that we do. I kind of handle organizing those and making sure they happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, are you working harder now than you did producing this show?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hours are a little bit better, I'm assuming, although I mean you were up at the crack a nine.
Speaker 3: I usually start a little before five.
Speaker 2: And that's usually Anne kicks in my stuff at a quarter to five, and then I spend the other hour preparing the show and looking at the newspapers. And this morning, four thirteen, the first one came in.
Speaker 7: That's because I get in at like two am.
Speaker 4: Yes, she beats me.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I get in at two o'clock.
Speaker 2: That's Michelle, that's me, Yeah, that's you, all right, And Ann doesn't abuse me the way.
Speaker 7: I did Michelle.
Speaker 5: You know what, I'm angry that she did not take my teachings on that appropriately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it used to beat one.
Speaker 2: I would ask for coffee when I'm in the studio and you'd be Michelle would be going down the hall to do whatever I go. Hey, do you mind getting me a cup of coffee? The only Michelle would only respond by laughing, that was it? Not no, not get it yourself, just laughing.
Speaker 5: It humbles you to get your own coffee.
Speaker 3: I get my own cof.
Speaker 5: Especially since you got paid a lot more than I did. I got paid a pittance compared to your salary.
Speaker 3: All right, we can go work on that and make everybody feel good. Do you know that?
Speaker 2: The reason I don't tell people my salary is well, first of all, start of their business. But although it should, because I always ask people how much money they make, constantly outrageously offensive, how much you.
Speaker 3: It's one of two things.
Speaker 2: It is either come on, Bill, you get paid real money for doing what you do, give me.
Speaker 3: A break, or gee, you get paid.
Speaker 2: You should get a lot more money than you do, considering the commercials and considering the show and the ratings.
Speaker 7: Nobody says that. Nobody says that.
Speaker 3: Well, occasionally the guy in the mirror says that.
Speaker 7: There you go, who says that.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, we'll leave it alone. All right, we'll leave that alone. All right, guys, it's time for handle.
Speaker 3: On the news.
Speaker 2: Let me bring this out, put my bagel aside, and we will do it.
Speaker 3: By the way, Uh, cono.
Speaker 2: You notice I actually did pretty good timing uh this morning starting the show. I was able to swallow that bite of bagel quickly enough.
Speaker 3: To start the show.
Speaker 7: Yes, let's not repeat yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yesterday. I have multiple breaks here on time. I know I missed it. I don't know how many times.
Speaker 5: And keep in mind, you're in that room alone, so if you start to choke, there's nobody there to That's true.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, that's true. I have my dogs.
Speaker 7: They can't do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I have got very talented dogs. They're small.
Speaker 2: I mean, one of the things is that you don't have a fourteen pound dog. Not easy to do a Heimlich but still, and for those of you that don't care, my little dog Gucci is doing okay after being half eaten by a coyote.
Speaker 4: And does she stopped throwing up?
Speaker 3: She has stopped throwing up.
Speaker 2: Now she has a limp of some kind and I'm trying to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I'm glad she's yeah, thank you. I don't want to take her back to the vet. It's just so damn expensive vet. You're accusing me of being overpaid. Go to a vet.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, ready, yes, handle on the news with Amy and me because Neil is not here and he is bat well, he's on what he's Thursday doing the show and then he's back.
Speaker 3: We're all together on Monday. Okay, let's do it. Lead story. No surprise.
Speaker 2: The federal judge overseeing the election interference the federal election interference case against Trump, dismissed it yesterday.
Speaker 3: Done. But we knew that the judge was so pro Trump.
Speaker 2: Tanya Chudkin, federal judge in Florida that Trump appointed from a minute one, was totally biased against Trump.
Speaker 3: That's not to say.
Speaker 2: There are judges that are not totally biased or totally biased in favor of Trump.
Speaker 3: That's not to say there aren't.
Speaker 2: Federal judges involved that are totally against not federal judges, but certainly state judges that are totally against Trump.
Speaker 3: But this one was the strongest case they had.
Speaker 2: Was the document's case gone finished, chow Baby, and so it was gonna happen anyway.
Speaker 3: Either was to be dismissed.
Speaker 2: Let's say he was convicted and the first thing he does is of course pardon himself, or if the case is still ongoing, the first thing he does is stop the prosecution order it to be dismissed, which which the special prosecutor, Jack Smith did exactly that. So it's disappeared Trump is walking in. Still got a couple of statecases he's dealing with, but the issue of immunity while he was president has a lot to do with these cases.
Speaker 3: So that's it. The case for the most part is over. Now.
Speaker 2: Theoretically he can be retried or start the trial after he leaves as a private citizen, but it ain't going to happen no way.
Speaker 6: The Menendez brothers will not be home for Christmas, Eric and Lyle Menendez. Virtually we're in a courtroom yesterday in Van Eys, but after hearing arguments from the lawyer and two of the Menendez's relatives. The judge said, no, we're not going to make this decision on December eleventh, as originally planned. He's pushed back hearing to consider whether to re sentence the brothers until late January.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of moving pieces here, but at what seven point fifty I'm going to do a story on the Menendez brothers, but not the story you normally think of.
Speaker 3: It's what do they do for thirty five years in prison? We haven't heard a lot about that. I'll do that story.
Speaker 6: The shelling could actually stop kind of any minute now. Israel is going to vote today on whether to approve a US broker plan for a ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon's Hesbola.
Speaker 4: That go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, and not Gaza, that's very important.
Speaker 6: Not Hamas, right, those ceasefire talks are pretty much stalled out. But this is between Lebanon's Hesbola and Israel. And of course, as you've said many times, Hesbola just started firing rockets on Israel as a show of solidarity with after the attack on October seventh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so far, three thousand people have died in Lebanon, and they're starting to destroy Israel starting to destroy Lebanon, much like Gaza taking out neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: So I think it has Belaw said, you know what, maybe it's not worth it.
Speaker 2: You know, Israel recognizes Lebanon as a separate country.
Speaker 3: Israel is not go invade Lebanon.
Speaker 2: It's and I'll talk more about that because there there is. There was a deal that was cut decades ago, and I'll talk about the moving pieces of some other time.
Speaker 6: Well, it's almost tariff time. President elect Trump went to Truth Social yesterday and said when he gets into office, he's got tariffs already in the works, twenty five percent tariffs on all products entering the US from Canada and Mexico, and an additional ten percent tariff on goods that come in from China. The US is the largest importer of goods in the world, with Mexico, China, and Canada its top three suppliers.
Speaker 3: That story.
Speaker 2: I'm going to talk about these big stories, and I fully expect Donald Trump or one of his followers in the economic realm to channel JC Hammer.
Speaker 3: It's terriff time.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a visual You know that, you know, maybe that works and then maybe not.
Speaker 4: No, you gave me a visual.
Speaker 6: Okay, were those pants called not parachute pants?
Speaker 4: The pants with they.
Speaker 3: Look like they're flying squirrel pants exactly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you see Trump and his flying squirrel pants? Okay?
Speaker 6: Lots of people headed over the river and through the woods, so cow residents are starting to flood the roads and skies ahead of Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Today is supposed to be the busiest travel day of the year.
Speaker 6: Triple A is projecting eighty million Americans will travel fifty miles or more from home. That's one point seven million more than last year and two million more than in twenty nineteen, right before the pandemic.
Speaker 2: I have a question, what family is worth standing in line at a security checkpoint for two and a half hours. There isn't a family member on this planet that I would do that for.
Speaker 3: Who is crazy enough?
Speaker 2: Who is crazy enough to travel on that day or that weekend? Now I am going up I'm here in Orange County right now. I go up there. You know, I'm probably half and a half and I am driving up there. But I'm doing Thanksgiving on Friday, That's when we're doing our Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: So I'm driving up there. It is about a sixty five mile.
Speaker 2: Drive Friday morning and coming back Saturday, Am I going to see any traffic?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really, who the hell drives on Friday? Well back Thanksgiving weekend.
Speaker 6: Thanksgiving Day is actually the best day to drive because that's when nobody's on the road.
Speaker 4: They're at the places they're going to be. Triple A said, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's I'm not driving up that. There's two Thanksgivings, and one of them I have absolutely no intention of going to, and the other one.
Speaker 3: Is an obligation that I have no choice. Happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 6: How to fix the four h five commute, It looks like we throw a lot of money at it. So anybody who has to drive between the San Fernando Valley and LA on the four h five through the Supulvita Pass knows it's usually a nightmare. More than three hundred thousand cars a day travel that roadway between the ten and the one oh one, and during peak commute times it takes about forty eight minutes to go ten miles, like on a daily basis. So they're trying to come up with ways to fix it. There's plans in the works for a monorail or maybe a subway, and Metro has already spent let's see sixty three point six million to a source led by Chinese electric vehicle maker BYD that they are looking at a monorail.
Speaker 4: And then there was.
Speaker 6: Another one that was like, where's another seventy million dollars to a Virginia based engineering and construction company that is looking at rail and subway options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are merely paying money for proposals and trying to figure.
Speaker 3: Out the actual cost.
Speaker 2: Well, Metro is saying it may be more than twenty billion dollars, So you know, how to save a lot of money.
Speaker 3: How the alternative to being on the four h five where the government doesn't spend much money, move get out? You think that works?
Speaker 4: It might have to for some people. They're going to get tired of it, right Oh.
Speaker 2: They're going to get tired of it, right enough, because the people up to this point are not tired of it.
Speaker 4: Okay. So, speaking of getting out, there's been a lot a lot of.
Speaker 6: Talk that a lot of people are moving out of California. Well, apparently the migration has ended. They had been leaving to find lower cost of living areas. Since twenty fourteen, about seven hundred thousand adults have left the state. Housing was a primary reason, but California was the second most popular state for Americans to move into this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's even at the worst, which is pretty close to the worst now because of the cost of housing and the traffic, people still move here. Natural scenery, culture, the climate, the four or five during rush hour, which people are rushing to get to because it's so much fun. You do a lot of contemplating and meditating.
Speaker 3: On the four or five.
Speaker 2: You got plenty of time in the morning to do that. But people coming into the state still why, I don't know. They can't afford housing at all. So they come into the state and they're looking for dumpsters as housing and then they're you know, sitting on the freeway.
Speaker 3: Climate's still pretty good, or was. We'll see what happens with climate change.
Speaker 6: Okay, So a two year old all alone at the US border. She was found Sunday holding a piece of paper that just had a first name and a phone number on a two year old unaccompanied minor. She's from El Salvador. Apparently, according to border officials, she was with a group of more than two hundred illegal immigrants, including sixty unaccompanied miners. They were detained after crossing in the border into Maverick County, Texas.
Speaker 2: Two years old, and she's become a poster child for the problems with the border.
Speaker 4: How could she not?
Speaker 2: You're right now, if you stop all immigration or stop ninety percent of immigration, are you still not going to have occasionally a story like this? Are you still not going to have a murder, a heinous murder committed by an illegal migrant coming in. I think unless you cut one hundred percent of the border crossing and even legal border crossing, do you think.
Speaker 3: Any murders are going to cross the border, ask.
Speaker 2: For asylum, come in and fraudulently get in the United States. But there it's a very good political move for those conservatives.
Speaker 3: This really helps their message a lot.
Speaker 4: Okay, the new borders are is ready to go.
Speaker 6: Tom Homan has threatened funding for states that refuse to cooperate with the federal government's deportation plans. Homan says, if you have a governor who says I'm not going to cooperate, federal friends should be slashed to that state, and then he goes on to say he wants the people of the state to understand that the governor is the responsible party, and that the mayor is the responsible party if the funding gets cut.
Speaker 2: Holman is expected to visit the border with Mexico today.
Speaker 3: Did you say that I did not. Okay, he's expected to.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many people's gonna arrest because he is the borders are as was.
Speaker 3: Harris.
Speaker 2: The borders are under the Biden administration as she is, And how would you describe her job as borders are.
Speaker 3: Miserable, horrible?
Speaker 2: Is that a reasonable description of Harris? Yeah, at least that part.
Speaker 6: Of it was the push for unpasteurized still on. Robert Kennedy Junior and Gwyneth Paltrow are big fans of unpasteurized milk. It's the milk that's not heated. And it is also where some live traces of the bird flu have shown up. We told you about that. It showed up in batches of raw milk sold its stores across California from Fresno based Raw Farm. It's the largest producer of raw milk in California. Retailers were told to pull the product from their shelves. Consumers are being urged to throw it out.
Speaker 2: Hey, did I just see Robert Kennedy at a dairy farm, pushing people actually buying and taking home a car a cow for their own use.
Speaker 3: He's a big fan of raw milk, isn't he He is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know there's some stuff he doesn't make sense, you know, fighting big pharma and pushing for health care and exercise and doing all of that, but also a big fan of suppressing raw milk and getting rid of National Institute of Health in the FDC Federal Drug Administration, yeah, or Food and Drug Administration.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll see. I can't wait for this one.
Speaker 2: Cannot wait to see what happens with this cabinet pick.
Speaker 6: Okay, So speaking of milk, there is oat milk, and there's almond milk. How about fish milk? On an island in Indonesia, cowserine kind of short supply, so they found a workaround. A nonprofit foundation started making the fish. And here's how they do it.
Speaker 3: How do you milk fish?
Speaker 2: Well, do they have little tiny milk teats, little your tweezers and you sort of milk the fish.
Speaker 4: No, they do it a little differently. Here's what they do.
Speaker 6: They catch the fish each day and then they take it to a factory. They're the fish are deboned. They're broken down using a chemical process called hydrolysis. They're dried and reduced to a white, protein rich powder, and then that powder is trucked to another facility where it's mixed in with strawberry and chocolate fa flavoring and sugar and then boxed, and then the end user mixes it with water, and today you've got fish milk.
Speaker 2: You think they're ever going to do that with cows?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 7: It sounds gross.
Speaker 6: It's a smell like fish, right, It's supposed to taste like normal milk, but smell like fish.
Speaker 2: There's an argument for wiping out cows or milking cows for the last time by grinding them up, because you have the calmuneure problem, you have the methane problem, You've got, uh the amount of land you need for feed.
Speaker 3: You know, I kind of like this idea fish milk. All right.
Speaker 6: The word of the year has been unveiled. Dictionary dot Com says it is demure.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought it was shuntz. I guess it's not.
Speaker 4: Well, no, because you're not a TikToker. Uh TikToker.
Speaker 6: Jewels Lebron apparently popularized the word hmmm, who is TikToker jewles Lebron?
Speaker 4: Do you know, Michelle, I know.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: To the Lebron that we are aware of, is it spelled the same?
Speaker 7: I think that Lebron James. This one is just Lebron, okay, And.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of different The Oxford Dictionary usually is the one that we always pay attention to. And those words are slop describing this show and romanticy that lower brain rot again describes the show demure, definitely not the show, not this shore and dynamic process pricing that translates into what do you think you're going to pay for a Disneyland ticket during the holiday season.
Speaker 4: Amy more than you would at other times of the year.
Speaker 3: Do you have an annual pass?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's the same for you.
Speaker 2: And Neil does both for Neil his wife and Matt the kid. So as a three timer, I had a choice to get you to make a down payment on.
Speaker 3: A house, or he could go to Disneyland for a couple of times during the year.
Speaker 4: And Disney wins out again.
Speaker 3: Disney wins out again.
Speaker 4: Because it's the most magical place on their.
Speaker 3: Most magical place on Earth.
Speaker 6: Yep, you can say au revoir to SUVs em perie and Hidalgo is the mayor of Paris. The story says she's the socialist mayor of Paris. She's backed calls to ban SUVs from the city. She says the heavy vehicles could become weapons against other citizens. The city Council's adopted a motion calling on the government to bar sports utility vehicles from within Paris's perimeter, and there's also a draft law that would allow local councilors to expel SUV's from the city.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's because they're more dangerous than cars. But at the same time, cars are more dangerous than bicycles, and at the same time, bicycles are more dangerous than walking.
Speaker 6: Okay, so no one said influencers were geniuses, but apparently this one thought she was. There's a woman in Florida who is a TikTok influencer and she has been arrested. She's charged with stealing about five hundred dollars worth of items from a Target store, and she chronicled it all on TikTok and showed shoppers how she was scanning false bar codes in the self checkout of a Target in Cape Coral, Florida.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to make the items cheaper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, genius.
Speaker 2: And she went into the golf section stole from golf clubs to prove the fact that her IQ is about par golf and make that point.
Speaker 6: Okay, mirror, mirror on the wall. What's the favorite fast food of all? It's not In and Out anymore. They did a new survey. California's fast food chain that tops on the list is now McDonald's.
Speaker 7: Wow, I disagree.
Speaker 2: Is there's no comparison with In and Out and McDonald's.
Speaker 5: Well I did even disagree, Like I don't. In and Out's fine to me, but for me it's the whopper at all?
Speaker 2: Are you Jack in the Box beat out? No, in and Out beat out Jack in the Box and Chick fil A?
Speaker 3: Yesterday? Going to my new place, which is almost ready to move into.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately for me, there is an In and Out Burger right down the street. It's the only fast food establishment within like three miles of my house. So I spend way too much time there. You know what In and Out Burger does. The guys come around, you know, as they're cleaning up, and they ask you, are you enjoying your meal? Is everything Okay, no, you know how tired I am there saying leave me alone.
Speaker 3: I want to eat lunch by myself.
Speaker 5: But I gotta tell you. You know who's stuff up their game. Wendy's. Wendy's burgers are really really.
Speaker 4: Good, have always been.
Speaker 7: They're so good.
Speaker 2: Carl's Junior I went, and I had no idea Carl's Junior was as expensive as it was choice Disneyland or a Carl's Junior meal Disneyland exactly, and the price is very similar.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are done, guys, So go.
Speaker 7: To Wendy's and donate at pastathon right there.
Speaker 3: That's true Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wendy's comes to the table and helps us at past pastathon. So please go to Wendy's, have one of their square burgers, don't be square or b square, and donate right there pastathon. You donate and you will get a five dollars coupon for a lot more than five dollars worth of Wendy's. And they're terrific people for being with us for so many years. Kf I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show, Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and any time on demand on the iHeartRadio app.