Speaker 1: Yea ripped of bad news?
Speaker 2: You need advice? Who you don't help? Come run in suspass as a cat show. Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, welcome.
Speaker 4: My friends to the only show. If it's kind of it's card day here on the Troubleshooter Show. By the way, we do more than just car questions. Today we go after the bad guys, a bad contractor a bad landlord. Anything you have in mind, I want to hear from you. We have recovered over three hundred million dollars closer to four hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds. Think about that coming up on a half a billion dollars. If you need help, three zero three Martino. That's a phone number. It's very easy to remember. And by the way, that number works on and off the air. So if you have any issues three zero three Martino, you can always get us at help at troubleshooter dot com as well. And that's it. We look forward to it. Today. I got Kevin Calkin shared an auto tech Uncle, Kevin, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: Same same Happy Friday, Happy Friday, I do love Friday. Friday's is a good thing. Jeff fic Kimera transmission. What's going on, Jeff?
Speaker 6: Day in, day out, same on me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kevin wasn't here last week. I'm you seeing you every week? Yeah, you got so busy at the store. You had to play store manager.
Speaker 6: You had to work for a living. That's Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's how it works. How is biz, guys? I mean, are we picking up in the automotive? Is a lot of repairs where we at.
Speaker 6: It's been weird, it's been pretty schizophrenic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, give me an idea, though, Why what do you think so going on?
Speaker 7: One minute you can't keep up. You're chasing your tail, just trying to get anything done, and the next minute you're having the guys call the phones to make.
Speaker 6: Sure they're working. Yep, yeah, same thing. We're busy three four days and then the fifth day.
Speaker 8: Dad.
Speaker 4: You're a little different, chef, because your average, your average job and ticket is how long in your shop? Five days? Three days?
Speaker 7: Because of the parts supply problems, which we've been talking about forever. I tell everybody to plan on five to ten business days and if we can get it done, faster we will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So I mean you have that car, while you have it more than a week.
Speaker 6: Ten, it's strands a lift for a few days at least.
Speaker 4: And Kevin, you're generally in and out in the day right.
Speaker 6: For that, we do heavies that that'll sit, you know, that'll be in the shop for three, four or five days. But yeah, we had to turn and burn you know, fifteen twenty cars a day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to move it. Car counts everything. Now let me ask you guys this pricing. So we've heard about the tariffs, especially when it comes to auto parts. Are you guys actually seeing an increase in say, alternators, break pads, stuff you deal with every day. Let's go to oil filters for you, Kevin, is it really nothing yet?
Speaker 6: I haven't seen anything yet. And if it is, it's very very small.
Speaker 4: It's the same as it would be without hearing about the tariff exactly. Not that it can't get worse.
Speaker 6: It may be coming still. So we just don't know.
Speaker 4: How about transmissions, Jeff. For parts for transmissions, well, they've been going up forever.
Speaker 7: I mean the cost is you know, probably tripled in the last couple of years since the whole COVID things made everything blow up. We did notice after the teriff were announced, one of the manufacturers did in preparation of the terraff They haven't even experienced them raised prices on certain goods that they're coming out of Mexico or Canada.
Speaker 4: So they're pretending their cost went up and it didn't.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they were acting like oil speculators, and you raise the price now because you're going to pay for it tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I'll give you an idea that to tries mean us. Do you guys remember when oil was really high and everybody ups FedEx any delivery, fuel charges.
Speaker 6: Tress services, every surcharges yep.
Speaker 4: And then somehow when it went down during Trump's first run there and during COVID. I remember during COVID there was a gas station one in Elizabeth and one in Parker Gallon. That was only like five years ago, guys, but that fuel search yard still didn't go away.
Speaker 6: Well now they're calling environmental charges.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all bs. It's called profit.
Speaker 6: Call it what it is. It is.
Speaker 4: It kills me with restaurants too. Why in the hell do they actually charge uh extra and call it Back in the day they called it a COVID fee. Now they call it whatever staff this, Why don't you just raise the price on the stake or the drink, you know, why try to fool people that your prices are better than they are?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 4: Three zho three seven one three eight two five five. I was ready to go to Zach dere Kelly. I have no idea if he dropped off, but he had a real estate question. We got three lines open, three zero three Martino. Do you guys see uh some of those Supreme Court Uh, I guess wins for Trump. I guess that's the way to put it. I'm not going to pretend to understand them, but I guess one federal judge now cannot shut down, uh, the entire country based on a ruling only for that case in front of them. That was a pretty big one.
Speaker 6: That was huge.
Speaker 4: And then the other one I heard just coming in. I forget what state it was, but someone basically sued the state because there were books that the teacher was reading that had Tennessee Tennessee.
Speaker 5: BTQ not wanting their kids to be forced to read LGBTQ books.
Speaker 4: Or non LGBTQ parents not wanting their kids to have to participate. Yeah, and they ruled on that saying basically, the parent has to be notified and they can opt out. So I mean that's an interesting common sense Well you would think it's common sense, but we know in this in these days right now.
Speaker 7: You have the other one too. I think it was North Carolina where they upheld not being able to use federal funds for planned parenthood.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that was YESTERA or Thursday. Yeah, yeah, I saw that too. So if a state like Colorado, that one was interesting because they we're trying to force a state, and we're talking about any state that decides we're not going to pay for abortions. In that state they could not. They were sued saying that Medicaid have to pay for it. And remember Medicaid is not just the state, it's the state and federal government. So when the federal government stopped paying for it, it puts it all on the state. And the state said, well, we're not going to pay for abortions anymore for people on Medicaid or the poor, if you will. And basically the Supreme Court said, yeah, they have the right to do that. But I think a lot of that went back to the state rights.
Speaker 7: I went to specifically for the state, which opens the door for other states that want to participate the same way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, And you know, Walk.
Speaker 5: I'm very much pro choice, but I also am against the federal government pay for any of these things, whether it's NPR or plant power. There should be enough private money. If you want to support them, go ahead and with them. My money should not be going to these organizations, even if I'm in favor of what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Well, I like, I look at it a little different. I think people in a state, and I don't care what the issue is, if the people, the majority of people in that state vote to give say, free lunches to everybody, the majority of people, then if I live in that state, I'm going to abide by that. I might not like that exact thing, but I do agree if everybody votes for it and it's on the ballot. What kills me, doc is when something's not on the ballot and we have zero control over it.
Speaker 6: Well, I agree.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that if the state votes for it, we shouldn't do it. I'm just saying, principle, I'm against it.
Speaker 4: Have you guys been keeping up, and I promise Zach will go to you in a second. And we've got two lines open now three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five anything you want to talk about. But I'd love to sink our teeth in fact, Depity Doc would love to make some calls and try to get your money back from a bad contractor have you guys been following this so called quote bridge to know where that police wants to build that goes out of the state capitol and then kind of wraps around to the other side of the road.
Speaker 6: I know that was real. I thought that was the first time I looked at it.
Speaker 10: I heard it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I I really didn't know anything about it, but I watched Kyle Clark. Now, I disagree with almost everything that comes out of the man's face, but I'll say this, we absolutely agree on this twenty thirty million dollars for this bridge, which is going to be nothing but a monument to Polus. Meanwhile, what is it? It's a pedestrian bridge and it's like a big snake. It's the wildest looking thing you've ever seen. Hey, Dragon, have you guys been talking about that on Browns at all?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We talked about how ridiculous it is.
Speaker 7: It goes from nowhere to nowhere, and it'll just be a place for homelesses to hide in graffiti and crap to be.
Speaker 4: And they've tried everything. They go, well, it's handicap accessible. They're like, what what are you talking about? The building already is handicap accessible, And tell me you'd on to roll a wheelchair up that thing, right exactly. I mean, it's ridiculous. You can just get off in the front of the building and take the elevator. And then the other thing. That's absolutely absurd. Then they said, what was one of the other things? They said, the people that are for it, not just the handicap but they were saying, like, oh my god. They had two or three things that Kyle was talking about, and every time one was shot down, they'd come up with a new reason.
Speaker 5: To have a picture of it on somewhere mark that we can look at.
Speaker 4: I'm sure if you go to nine News you can see it. But I was shocked was a brown shot that Kyle is on the same page.
Speaker 6: A little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like away, So it's absolutely crazy. I hope they don't do it. And here's what here's really the real argument. Here's what I want you guys to think about. Let's say the guy gets donors to pay for the whole thing his rich friends. I mean, let's face that this guy's worth three four hundred million whatever. He's one of the richest governors there is. So let's say he gets people to donate thirty million to the city in order for this project. The big argument is that money can still go towards all kinds of things, not that bridge. I mean, it could go towards veterans for their whole housing that they're spending money on.
Speaker 6: Everything else, all.
Speaker 4: The housing, I mean, it could go to anything. I just it's crazy. He wants to build this thing and it's ugly as hell. Hey, Zach, what's going on with you? Man?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Now, y'all the other day we're doing great, Zach. Hey, listen, I got to take a break. I wanted to pick up and get moving with you. But give me an idea of the actual problem we're dealing with. And we're going to think about it during the break and come back. We got to get an attorney on we'll get that happening. But give me an idea of what's going on.
Speaker 11: So we were under contract. We just moved houses at a buyer under contract for our old house, and they canceled on a sole premise of mold presence under the vapor barrier in the crawl space.
Speaker 4: So basically, well, hold on. You guys had a signed agreement for a certain price. I assume there was a inspection clause in there saying they could hire someone and come out inspect a house and if everything, if if he finds stuff over five hundred bucks or whatever's in the contract, then you renegotiate. I mean it was a standard real estate deal. Basically, yes, sir, okay. So what did they find? They found mold in the crawl space.
Speaker 11: The inspector claimed that the crawl space was infected with mold. I have the picture pulled up. He just said, mold present under vapor barrier, recommend removal. When I looked at the picture, I'm a contractor, I do underground utilities. I looked at I said, that's that for essence, it's materials, mineral build up. Okay, I can conduct any objective testing.
Speaker 9: It was just based upon visual Yeah.
Speaker 11: And because the potential buyer's daughter had extreme asthma, they.
Speaker 4: Oh, they used that. They use that for an out on the kind. So do we know for a fact that it wasn't mold. I realize you eyeballed it and you don't think it's mold. But did you actually go the next step and get it tested?
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, within twelve hours. I had a friend of mine that owns a lan K testing environmental testing. Yeah, take samples to a lab, independent lab. I believe it was Atlas Lab.
Speaker 4: Can you have the results in everything? Yes, sir, and there's no mold. No interesting. Hold on three oh three seven one, three eight two five five Roberts got an issue with the transfer case. Hey, Kelly, I want to get up Frank Duran first. I don't think we need an attorney. I do believe I know where this calls going.
Speaker 12: Everybody, hold tight, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up, freegation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all.
Speaker 4: Right, three out of three seven one three eight two five five, three oh three Martino. By the way, this hour is brought to you by KNH Home Solutions. These guys have been around since nineteen fifty six. Holy moly, just looking at that on my notes is crazy. They do siding, they do windows. In fact, they have a new line of windows. They're called Alpin and the manufacturers right here in Colorado, and they're absolutely beautiful and probably the most energy efficient windows that are out there. So if you got a home up in Aspen or anywhere in the mountains, I'm telling you you got to look at the windows. But they got stuff for all budgets. I want you to check them out. Khwindows dot Com. That's Khwindows dot Com. If you're getting siding, if you're getting windows, if you're getting new doors, sliding doors, at least have them come out and give you the free bid. I don't care who else you're talking to. You're gonna love them. It's worth the free call. Three oh three, four two one seventy one hundred. Now, very interesting call here. So here's the bottom line, Zach and Zach, correct me if I'm wrong. Basically, you had your house up for sale, You had a buyer, you know, the buyer agreed to the price, everything was signed, You had a contact or a contract in place, and then when the inspection period came, they hired an inspector. The inspector came out and claimed that there was mold in your crawl space. You looked at it, and you're a contractor, and you said, no way, that's mold. You went and got a sample and you sent it out to a lab and the lab came back and basically said there was no mold whatsoever. Correct, yes, sir, Then did you I'm curious on the timeframe here, So at what point did the did you lose that buyer? At what point? Was it the same day, the next day, was it after you gave them the evidence there was no mold? Was it before?
Speaker 11: So Tuesday night of this week, we got a call from the buyer realtor canceling the contract because of the premise of mold. And it was stated verbally that that was the sole premise de termination because their daughter has asthma, at which point I was concerned. We've been living there for ten years for my family's.
Speaker 4: Health, and that's what I had it tested.
Speaker 11: I brought in a third party, independent tester. It took it to I believe at list, but I could be incorrect, but a third party lab within that occurred Wednesday morning at eleven. By Wednesday afternoon at four, we had negative test results. I also brought in a remediation contractor for them to assess and tell me what it would cost for In the meantime, they did testing, determined that there was a complete lack of moisture. They used their infrared gun to are sorry, their thermal.
Speaker 4: Cameras, so they said there's no mold.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So at that point our realtor took it back with the negative findings to the buyer's realtor. They said they would reconsider. I contacted the inspector myself to just ask him why with no objective testing he would list on an inspection report presence.
Speaker 9: Of mold because it was all visual Yeah.
Speaker 11: No laboratory testing. And he basically told me he just was an expert and.
Speaker 9: He knew that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let me ask you this. So what did the buyers end up saying? Did they come back to here in no way? Did they try to beat you up on price? What was the ultimate ending?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 11: Well, just burrowed me for a quick say. I ended up texting the inspector because he would. I left him two polite voicemails to contact me to resolve this. He refused to respond, so I sent him a text message explaining that I needed this retract it or the next cality from my lawyer, you know, seeking compensation through the court system or his airson omissions policy. He called the realtor of the buyer, who called my realtor and chastized them for how unprofessional and how put off she was. That I would contact her inspector and that it would be unethical for him to revise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but all that's just who cares? I mean, like really, who cares? Ultimately, though, you must have lost this buyer.
Speaker 11: Yes, She stated that in her opinion, she didn't want to proceed with the deal and that ultimately would be up to her clients, but she was going to advise them to cancel. All right, Well they'd already terminated, but not to re engage. Yeah, lot the buyer, and now I have a second mortgage to pay for an inflated mortgage based on the lack of equity.
Speaker 4: And you're saying that's your damages because you wouldn't have bought that other house if this inspector, if you knew this inspector was going to say yed mold even though you didn't. I mean, that's kind of how you're trying to calculate damages. I assume your question is can you should you go after the inspector? Do you have any case? Is that kind of your question.
Speaker 11: Yeah, That's what I'm curious about, is well, and I will sell caveat it this way. The statement was verbal. I don't have anything written, so I'm thinking there's not a legal case there.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, well let's say even if it was written. So you're saying in his report, wait a second, you just I don't understand this part in the inspection report. You probably haven't even seen it. I don't know if you've seen the actual reporter.
Speaker 9: Now you have it right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, does it actually talk about the mold?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: So on the it's actually item six point six point one upper cross space mold growth found.
Speaker 9: On the barrier.
Speaker 4: So okay, hold on, so a couple things here, and I do have an expert on Frank durand the real estate man. This guy sold more homes probably this year than like thirty realtors put together. So I mean, this guy has run across everything in the world. I don't think we need to get our attorney on, but I'm willing to get Brad O'Brien two to talk about this if necessary. But I want to give my interpretation of what's going on, and then I'm going to bring Frank up. You did not have a contract whatsoever with this inspector. You didn't hire him, you didn't pay him, you didn't agree to anything but allow the buyers into your house to look at the property. He could have said anything, and this is you know, I want to use a horrible, crazy example. He could have said, we think that or I think they were cooking meth in the basement at some point. And let's say there's no meth residue, there's nothing, there's no reason anybody would actually think that, but he does. But that's going to be his opinion. In my opinion, there's that I don't know exactly how it reads in the agreement or in his report about the mold. But I don't even think that matters because he's working for somebody else, not you. So I don't think you have a leg to stand on if you spent the money on an attorney and one after him. But I want to bring in Frank durand the real estate man. Frank, I asked him all the questions again, so you would have a good picture of what's going on. I don't think he would have. I don't think Zach would have a case now saying that. I think this inspector is crazy. If everything Zach said, I mean, that's just a really bad deal. But I want to hear your thoughts, Frank Mark.
Speaker 13: Good morning friend. You know I'll tell you that we run into this stuff from time to time. And one thing, buyers they have several outside of a contract, as far as the inspection goes, it's the buyer's sole subjective discretion Mark. So basically the buyer doesn't even have to give a reason. They could just simply terminate. There's not a lot you could do with that. Now, we run into situation sometimes various things where they come and say, oh it needs this or needs that, or has mold and I always tell mysell ar the same thing, always get a second opinion, which it sounds like happened here. But even then it's the buyer's sole subjective discretion and that they're still within their rights of the contract. There's really not a lot you could do to keep them in the contract.
Speaker 4: We're not talking, Frank. I don't think Zach or definitely myself, we don't think the buyer did anything wrong. What we're saying is they hired someone that came out and gave an opinion on the cross space. That opinion turned out to be wrong. Do you see or have you ever dealt with anybody successfully going after an inspector.
Speaker 13: I've never seen it, although I'm sure it's happened somewhere, Mark, but I'll tell you. Look, I'll give you a quick example. I had a property in Aurora. The inspector said, oh, it has foundation issues. So the buyer says, I want fifty thousand dollars off the price, and the seller said, forget it, I'm not doing that. So we called an engineer out, an actual engineer who specializes, and he came out and says, look, this is not a big deal. This is probably a twelve hundred dollars fix, not a fifty thousand dollars fix. And even then, you know what, Okay, we were just wiser to the next buyer and still sold the property. But we do run into that. Mark I had an inspect one time he tried saying that the fireplace didn't work, and the seller said, is a kidding. He has to know how to turn it on, and he sent me a video of him turning it off and on. So we run into this from time to time.
Speaker 4: But there's my point is I doubt there's any recourse at all.
Speaker 13: I honestly I would seriously doubt it. I mean not giving a legal opinion, of course, but I would seriously doubt it in this kind of instance, because I'm telling you, inspecters, many times we find the misdiagnosed stuff out. Let me get a second event.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you, hold on, Zach, Frank, let me ask you this. I think this could create another problem for Zach when he enters into an agreement selling this house with the next person, and he's got to go through and list out any issues. And I believe one of them in the disclosures actually asks about mold or at least water damage, right, correct, So if what would you possibly knowing? Okay, let's say you worked for Zach, knowing what you know about the case right now, and someone said there's mold, but you also know and let's pretend you saw the test results there wasn't any mold. Do you have to disclose that someone thought there was mold? Could that lead to an issue?
Speaker 13: It's not so much you have to disclose with somebody thought. But here's what I would say, here's how I would handle this with a seller. Right, say, look, you've already had it tested. You already had somebody prove or show that there's no mold. This is something we could provide on what's called the supplemental documents to show them in good faith that has been tested. However, you the buyers, still have the right to do your own independent inspection if you'd like. Wow, sometimes that's going to take the wind out of the sales of the next inspector because they could tell it's already been tested.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that could also scare the living But Jesus at people, because you know, now Zach puts on there, how would you actually what does it look like? On the disclosure. I mean, really, what does the line item say to the best of your ability to remember the exact line.
Speaker 13: So two things I would tell you on item made. They asked if there's been any water or you know, any kind of any issues like that, or if they have to disclose mold that's on there. But I would say this mark. This is just from doing this real life. I definitely see what you mean that that could potentially scare people. But this is what I find in real life when you already overcome that before it becomes an issue. I've never ever had a buyer to say I'm not going to buy a house. Never had it happen. If anything, that gets them filing a lot more relaxed about the situation, knowing that's already been looked at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy, man, Frank.
Speaker 6: Let me ask a question.
Speaker 4: You tried to prove a negative.
Speaker 5: What if the what if you put on a contract that there's no snakes in the house. Just because someone said there might be snakes doesn't mean that you have to include it. If someone says a question about mold, there's no mold, So why would you even have to report that somebody thought there was mold or it doesn't make any.
Speaker 4: Sense to me.
Speaker 13: Well, Doc, let's let's talk about that though for a minute. You bring up a good point. Now let's think about that. It's not wrong.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Hold on, guys, hold on, both of you. Let me do this. I'm going to put everybody on hold. I got to take this break or Dragon's gonna throw me out the window. Everybody, hold tight, lines full.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five. I'm gonna just dive right back into this. Deputy Doc brought up a great question. So basically, here's where he Here's just a quick recap.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Basically, this guy, Zach, is gonna have to put his house back up for sale because there was an issue with the inspection. The inspectors said there was mold. To turn out there wasn't mold. So we were asking Frank or doc ass Frank, when it comes to selling your house in the future in a new buyer, do you have to list that there was an issue with mold on the disclosure even though there wasn't. In fact, Doc put it. Why would you fight the negative? And then we were giving you a chance to answer, Frank so, and I brought Zach to call her back up. But Frank, why why would you list it? Instead of if we know there is no mold because he had it tested, why list it?
Speaker 13: Friend? So, I would say this, I want to be real clear what I'm saying. I'm not saying necessarily that you disprove a negative, and I'm not saying you listed if it's not found. What I'm talking about is due diligence documents. The next buyer may come in and say, okay, part of the due diligence documents, we want to see any previous inspections if anything was come. The bottom line is this, let's say you had your furnace service by whatever company. Okay, there's nothing wrong with providing that documentation it's already been checked or you've already had a check for mold. Nothing wrong with providing that to the next buyer that it's already been checked for. It's still on the buyer to do their own individual inspection. In other words, you're not disclosing something that's wrong. You're simply given the due diligence documents to the new buyer.
Speaker 4: Well, let me ask you this. What happens if the new buyer said, can they ask, hey, has there been an inspection done since the house is for sale? And if they asked that, I mean, what appens if you simply lie about it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 13: Well, I would certainly tell them if there was an inspection. I would certainly tell if there was an inspection. And then we talked to the sellers.
Speaker 4: They're good, Yeah, But what's the harm? What's the harm in saying none of your business or no? And I'm not saying you would do this, Frank, That's not what I'm I'm trying to understand. What would be the ramification if any to zack the caller? If someone did ask them Hey, has there been an inspection before and can we see it? What would be the harm or what could possibly happen if Zack said no, It's not like he's swearing under oath.
Speaker 13: Well Mark, think like a buyer for a minute. Kay, Let's say you ask a seller of that question or the agent that question. They don't want to answer your question.
Speaker 4: What do you think and you're no, you're missing me. I didn't say not answer it. You say no.
Speaker 13: Okay, or you say no okay, So same kind of thing. I would say this. This is just from doing this, not from theory. I'm just talking from doing this all the time. I've never had this comeback to buy us ever. Ever, when you put everything on the table, and even a situation like this where we know there's no mold, we're not saying there is. We're just simply saying we've had it tested. Here's the report. If you'd like to see it. You can still do your own individual inspection that has never heard a deal. I've never had a buyer once say they're going to walk over something like that. If anything, that puts their mind more at ease that this seller's taking the caution to do those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just so crazy because you know I take things to the extreme. You know, I have a roofer. I have a roofer come out, and you know, I'm selling my house and the buyer has an inspector come out and says it needs a new roof. But literally, I put the roof on a week ago. Now I've got to disclose that some jerk said I needed a roof when it's only a week old.
Speaker 13: Well, we run into stuff like that too, Mark, Oh my gosh. And again I would say the same thing. I always get a second opinion because I've had inspectors come out and say roofs had to be replaced, when it turns out we.
Speaker 4: Call a real rook and they get certified.
Speaker 13: And they say, hey, this is not even a big deal. This is a minor fix up. It doesn't have to be replaced.
Speaker 4: So let me do this.
Speaker 8: Zach.
Speaker 4: You got, Zach, I'm going to give you two options here, any questions for Frank and if you really want us to get our attorney on, I don't mind. I do not see a lawsuit in a million years happening because you didn't have a contract with this person. You have really nothing to do with the buyer and who he hired to inspect. I don't know how you could possibly go after either of them for any kind of damages, but maybe the attorney knows something. I mean, that's all the guy does is live and breathe it. So one I want to know if you want me to get an attorney on next hour to answer that question? Yes or no? Clo Okay, do you have any questions for Frank?
Speaker 11: Two questions if you don't mind. The realtor stated to my realtor. The buyer's realtor stated to my realtor would be unethical to revise the report post issuance, even if the information was false.
Speaker 4: Frank, what do you think of that?
Speaker 13: Unethical to revise the report? Jeff? Could you please walk me through what he means by revise the report.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what he's saying, and I'll make it quick. He's saying, instead of the report that says there's mold, the guy goes back and doesn't talk about molden says there wasn't mold and pretends the first one didn't exist.
Speaker 6: Correct.
Speaker 11: Well, the retracted because we've proved it had.
Speaker 4: To retract it incorrect, Almost like stealing a criminal record.
Speaker 13: I've ran into those things too, guys. And here's what happens. When the new buyer rights in the due diligence documents, they may ask for those things. A lot of times they do, and in which case, this is how you solve it. You say, Look, previous buyer's inspector said this. We had an actual mold tester come out. They said that you're welcome to do your own test and that's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I mean, once again, nor can you force him to do it, Zach, because once again, you don't have a contractor in agreement with this guy. What's your second question?
Speaker 11: Is it possible to seek compensation to his missions and errors insurance policy?
Speaker 4: Who's the missions and errors?
Speaker 9: I believe this specter?
Speaker 4: Well, no, because you never hired him. You have no reason to go after him. You don't have a contract with him. Hold on a second, I do want to get Brad O'Brien, but I'm going to take some other calls. Let's get Zack's number, Kelly, and sometime next hour let's line up him and Brad O'Brien, because he keeps coming back to that and I don't want to give him bad advice, saying there's not a chance in hell. But that's truly how I feel. But I want to know what the actual attorney thinks about it. By the way, Frank Duran, the real estate man, you know what, It's funny anytime I question him when it comes to anything, because I remember dealing with you, Frank years ago, selling our house in Castle Rock, and you wanted to list it for lower than I thought we could get for it, and I shut up and I followed everything you said. He ended up getting me more for that house, not only than I thought we could ever get for it, but he got more than that same model in the entire Red Hawk neighborhood everywhere, which is crazy. Some of the lots were even bigger, and he got more money. He knows how to create that bidding war. So when I question you, Frank when it comes to disclosures and stuff, understand it's coming from an educational standpoint. And if you want to use Frank, and if you don't use him, you're crazy. He sells more homes in one month than most palators sell in the entire year. In fact, I'd say in a year and a half, three oh three nine twenty sixteen twenty two s Frank's number. He'll always talk to you. A best guy around, probably top realtor in the state, and sells not only quicker, but for more money. I got to take a break, everybody. Thank you, Frank.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five listen, we get a life fumbing up. Next year, I get two lines open. Get your car questions into It doesn't matter. Maybe you bought a car bad warranty. It really doesn't matter what the circumstances. I've got great car guys sitting next to me. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martie, and the next person up right after the break's going to be Robert. He's got a transfer case leak. We're going to be talking about that in a lot more. You're on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped off.
Speaker 4: News so you don't.
Speaker 2: Have come running. Just as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 14: Come man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, welcome my friends to the only show of it's kind. We're here to save you money. We're here to recoup money. If you've been ripped off, maybe a bad contract here, maybe you got a bad landlord that the air conditioner isn't working, that'd be an interesting one. We get landlord tenant issues all the time. Maybe you got a problem with a realtor like we did last hour. Maybe you got an issue with the car. It is car Friday. We'd love to hear from you. I got Jeff Vick Kimber Transmission, and I've got Kevin Calkin. Uncle Kevin shared in auto tech dot com. These guys have been with the show for Holy moly, guys, I mean, I don't remember you not here probably what ten plus easy and plus.
Speaker 6: I think Jeff started a little before I did. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In fact, Jeff, there was a guy you used to work for that was on the referral list. So I mean you've been associated with the show a really.
Speaker 7: Well since, well back when the referral list was a little of a spiral notebook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's crazy Man. Three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. We got two lines open three oh three Martino, and I do want to tell you this though, Paul thewatermanwaterpros dot com. Nope, nope, nope, I'm sorry waterpros dot net. Suzanna and I bought our system from them. We got a water softener. I'm a little upset. Here's why. Now we paid about thirty six hundred bucks. But now for thirty seven hundred dollars, Paul's got a system that's unbelievable. Not only does he get rid of the forever chemicals the plastic in your drinking water, and it's everywhere, people, it gets rid of it in the whole house. It's not point of use. Everything, every tap in your house, every shower is not going to have that plastic that's just horrible, and it's everywhere. You're going to get rid of that. It's going to soften the water, and it's going to take care of the chlorine. All of that for thirty seven hundred dollars installed. The competition could easily easily be fifteen thousand dollars for the same stuff. Don't be fooled. The best for less waterpros dot net call up for that special waterpros dot net. Now we're going to go right to the phones and we have a transfer case question from Robert. Robert, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 15: Yes, I had a transfer case repaired in my truck and it's still leaking. I need to take it to somebody who can look at it and hopefully get me an estimate of what they think needs to be done to repair it for free or little, because I don't have much money left, but I need to have it looked at before I go back.
Speaker 6: Actually, you do the person in six stick, Robert.
Speaker 7: The job was done by us, if I'm hearing your voice correctly, and that's under warranty. Yes, yeah, it's under warranty, Robert, so it's free for us to fix it.
Speaker 15: I wanted to have and looked at so I can have it done again. We'll see what the.
Speaker 4: Second, Robert, I'm a little hold on Jeff just one minute. I'm a little confused. You know Jeff was here today? Is that correct?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 15: I didn't think Jeff is gonna be there. I thought Autotech was gonna be there.
Speaker 4: I have no idea who Autotech is, but nor do I care if if Jeff did something to your transmission and you have a leak. What he's telling you is And this is the part I'm not understanding, Robert. It's under warranty. If you bring it back to him, he's going to fix it. So why I don't understand. Let me ask you this because I want to be one hundred percent fair because maybe I'm not understanding something, but Jeff fixed it. Then you noticed the leak. Why wouldn't you call Jeff or why wouldn't you bring it back to him or whoever worked on it.
Speaker 8: I have an appointment. I have an appointment with Jeff are.
Speaker 15: The gentleman on Monday, okay, And I thought it was the motor leaking. Okay, but I don't know if that's what's going on or not.
Speaker 7: Well, Jeff, I'll tell you there's a seal behind that motor, Robert, and that would have been something that we replaced at the time because we had to put a case half on there because he sat out a typical holder.
Speaker 6: Bore into it.
Speaker 4: Is that a rear main?
Speaker 7: No, No, this is on the transfer case. So this is the four wheel drive, okay, And there's a motor that actually works it well. Behind that motor is a leak. Is a seal rather, And he's saying that that's leaking, Well, that would have been something we did and that's something that would be performed under warranty.
Speaker 4: So even though it's on the engine side, you're saying it doesn't matter because that's something you guys talking.
Speaker 6: About the shift motor in the t case, not the engine.
Speaker 7: Oh, and that's what's leaking. Yes, the motor itself is not leaking. Okay, the motor doesn't have the ability to leak. There's no fluid in it.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 6: So the seal behind it is leaking.
Speaker 7: And when I talked to Robert yesterday, he was asking me about replacing the motor, mentioned the leak, so we were already planning on tackling this leak. But he was asking me about replacing the motor. So we had a discussion about that, the time and the cost.
Speaker 4: So why I guess I'm lost then? And I already asked, uh, I asked Robert, But I'm still confused. Why is he calling? Are you upset with Jeff?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 15: No, Jeff is a very good guy. He didn't work, but I was just the guy before him didn't do it right.
Speaker 6: So I took it to him.
Speaker 4: Okay, and he's saying, he's saying, so you already know what it is.
Speaker 6: I already know what it is, and it's under.
Speaker 4: Warranty, it's under warned, and he was set to come in monday.
Speaker 6: You got it?
Speaker 4: So why why the call?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 4: Robert? And I'm just curious. I'm not trying to beat you up or say anything. I don't understand, that's all.
Speaker 15: I just don't understand why it's leaking after I pat that that amount of money, and I wanted to be sure.
Speaker 4: Because I'll tell you why, Robert. I'm being honest with Robert.
Speaker 6: Parts fail.
Speaker 4: It's it's not just parts, but I mean, it's just human nature. Things happen sometimes, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter what it is. I mean, things happen. But that's why there's a warranty.
Speaker 6: And if we would have looked at it, it's heard an auto tech. The first thing I'd tell you is take it back to who did it, not just because it's Jeff, but give them an opportunity to make it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're gonna fix it right up.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 6: We'd never try to jump another job that way.
Speaker 4: You got any other questions.
Speaker 15: Robert, No, I just want to just want to happen looked at. So when I take it back to him to be sure that it gets fits. Now, I'm just don't know what to trust or whatever, because why.
Speaker 4: Robert, I gotta listen. I hate to even keep going down this rabbit hole, but I don't get it. Are you simply upset that maybe the seal failed or something happened, or did something else happen here?
Speaker 6: Jeff?
Speaker 4: Is there something like did you hit on his wife or something? I mean, I don't understand where he's coming from.
Speaker 6: No, that's not yet.
Speaker 13: I just want to be sure.
Speaker 15: I took it to him under good prechanses from five people that he would be the guy to do the job.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I took it.
Speaker 16: But yet I'm here.
Speaker 17: At home again, like I was, I'm checking the fluid. I'm not able to drive it because I don't want nothing to dry up or none to get messed up. Yeah, and that's the thing I'm worried about.
Speaker 6: He's just disappointed.
Speaker 7: And you know, and I wish I could say that every job goes right every time. Unfortunately that's just not the case.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna fix it Monday.
Speaker 6: We're going to fix it.
Speaker 7: There's just hands down, we have no problem covering our work. We take a lot of pride in our work, and we want you satisfied.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Robert, they're going to handle it Monday. Man, Then you're gonna be in good shape if they Here's what I'd like you to do. I'd like you to call is it a one day job or is it a bit?
Speaker 6: You should be able to get it done that day.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, so you should have it back Monday. I want you to call it tuesday. Okay? Is that cool?
Speaker 15: Well it takes a couple of days because when.
Speaker 4: I okay, then call it next Friday.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, I swear to god, I tried to have patience. I'm trying to figure out where he's coming from. But we're just chasing things. Now, that's what a warranty's for. I don't care. I bought I talked about water pros and we had a water softener. Now, nothing's happened to it. But if something did happen to it, I would call up Paul and say, hey, I've got a five year warranty or whatever the hell to warranty is. Would you fix this? I mean, I get it. I mean how many days after the repair is this? Jeff? Is it is it recent?
Speaker 6: Yeah? No, I think we completed it last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Robert, I swear I get it. It's an inconvenience, but that's what a warranty is for. Be thankful, you're dealing with someone that's gonna hop right on it and get you fixed Monday. And I'm not saying that because Jeff's here. I don't care who it was. You could have called over Midas and I tell you the same thing. You got a leak. They acknowledge, here's a leak, they acknowledge it's under warranty, and they're gonna fix it Monday. That's the best scenario I can imagine. Well, no, the best scenario is wasn't a problem. But that's not life, man, That's just not life. I don't care if it's a house. I don't care if it's a sandwich. I don't care if I walk in and order a sandwich and they're supposed to be bacon on it. Okay, I'm gonna go back up and ask for my bacon or a new sandwich. I mean, and if they yell, I don't even know how I got off of that. You know what, That might be the dumbest analogy I ever came up with. Carol, hold tight, You're up next, sack one line open three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 1: Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 12: Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot Com you don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour brought to you by Frank Duran the real estate Man. If you were listening first hour. Uh, he's a great guy. In fact, he sells more homes literally in one month and most realators in Colorado selling over a year, and he sells them for more money. He's unbelievable. If you just want the value of your house, he can tell you pretty much, almost to the t, what he can sell it for what it's worth. Check him out at Frank Durant Holmes dot com. That's Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Now I'm gonna bring Zach back up. Zach called in and I'm recapping this real quick because we wanted to get one of our experts at referral list dot com on, and that's Brad O'Brien. So, Brad, I'm going to explain the situation to you. I don't think he's got a chance in hell, but I want to make sure. So he was selling his house. By the way, how are you doing today, Brad.
Speaker 6: Mark, I'm doing great. How about you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good. I'm glad it's Friday, man, I'm looking forward to the weekend and all that good stuff. This poor guy, though, So Zach had his house up for sale. A buyer engaged with him, who had a realtor, and basically they got to the point where they signed a contract for a certain amount. Of course, one of the outs was the inspection. It was a pretty typical deal, and they hired an inspector. The inspector, the buyer's inspector, went into the house and in the crawl space said there was mold. And on the report, which Zach has a picture of he is the caller or the seller and or both, basically it said there was mold. And he went down there and he looked and he said, now, I don't think that's mold. Long story short, he actually had another third party come in and test for mold, and sure enough, it was not mold. It was basically condensation, but no mold whatsoever. The buyer, the daughter had asthma apparently, and when they saw mold, they basically bailed on the whole deal. They just totally bailed on it. And Zach is wondering, is there any way that you can think of? I couldn't think of one way, because one, he didn't have an agreement with this person, he didn't hire the inspector. There's nothing there. He's really has nothing to do with his life. But Zack is curious, is there any way he could go after the inspector because he blew this deal for him? And the secondary question is going forward, if he's got to disclose that someone actually thought there was mold even though there wasn't, can he go after the inspector for just that? So what are your thoughts on that circumstance? But I want to make sure, Zach, did I kind of ask your questions correctly?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 11: If I could just quickly clarify, please go ahead. My question would be is the closing date was originally going to be July twenty fifth, And the only thing I'm curious about is if now the closing date on a new perspective buyer stretches beyond that. Again, the only compensation I would like to seek, if at all, would be the additional mortgage payment on my old house plus the increase on the mortgage on the current house without the rollover equity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's saying those are Brad, It's pretty basic. He's saying those are his damages. Do you see any way that he could go after, let's say, even the buyer, I mean the buyer. I can't imagine, or because.
Speaker 9: I mean the buyer, I got no interest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got no interest. Is there anything you can imagine that he could win in court with the inspector.
Speaker 18: Well, there's no breach of contract claim between the seller and the buyer's inspection company because there's no contract between those parties. So one thing I can think of as a potential negligence claim like interference with the perspective business card and not a business interference of the contract, and that is that theoretically misrepresentation. Possibly, No, you weren't there, No, I don't think so. You weren't the party that was misrepresented too. You're just am.
Speaker 11: Related to a lawyer and she gave me the same rundown, So I believe the opinion I couldn't seek compensation to the courts.
Speaker 4: I just yeah, it happens. I'll tell you something that's even worse. Sach and Brad chime in on this. Let's say the inspector comes out inspects your house and doesn't find something that you find shortly after moving in. You would think if you're the one that hired that inspector and they missed it, you might get some compensation to repair whatever item it is. But if you read the contract with these inspectors, the most you would ever get back is what you paid for the inspection, which is generally three or four hundred bucks. So even if they missed a fifty thousand dollars bad roof for decking or something, it generally still doesn't matter because when you entered into an agreement, you being the buyer in this case, the most you're ever going to get back is that the fee. I mean, you've seen this right, Brad.
Speaker 18: Yeah, most inspection contracts have to find printed says you don't. The most you can get is the amount that you paid to the inspection company. That's a contractable way for every right to go beyond four one hundred bucks to pay them.
Speaker 4: And wouldn't you think Brad tell me this? I mean you were saying maybe you could go after him for whatever reason you gave. But I mean, all the guy would really have to do is go. Look, that was just my opinion on it. I didn't put down here. It definitely has mold. I said there's signs of mold. That doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 18: Yep, I agree.
Speaker 11: Well he did say I found a closing mold present recommend removal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, But anyway, again, I.
Speaker 9: Do appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Do you want to just carry if you want the name or no?
Speaker 4: No, I don't really care.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't. I wouldn't personally want to use them. But I'm not going to beat them up over a one sided conversation. Hey, Brad O'Brien, while I have you, Hey, Zach, I appreciate the call man, and I hope he did help you out or at least get some questions or at least verify what you already knew. But Brad, couple things man. One, when people do enter and buy a house. I understand, like in Zach's case or the buyer's case, most people use a realtor. There's no doubt. In Colorado, we're used to it. What's ironic about that is in New York and places on the East Coast, you have to use an attorney. So what is a reason to use an attorney like yourself in conjunction with a realtor Give a real everyday reason where someone probably would have been a lot happier if they use an attorney.
Speaker 18: Well, on any particular transaction, there's over one hundred different issues that could pop up. Not not that they all will in one transaction, but I'm constantly issue spotting and anything can pop up that is a legal issue. Real estate workers are not allowed to practice law, give legal advice, or even prepare any contracts other than filling in blanks. Yeah, so there's a whole lot that a buyer seller is missing by not having an attorney. You know, we've taught transaction.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this before. But tell people what you know, or not everything you know, but about new home builders and those agreements because we get calls on those all the time.
Speaker 18: Well, homebuilder contracts are basically leap of faith on behalf of the buyer because it's very risky. You put a substantial amount of earnest money down and they really tie your hands as far as ever getting that money back. You know, your opportunities to get the earnest money refunded and to get out of the contract are very limited. So the builder contracts are normally custom contract forms. Everyone's different in the very long too. They might be fifty seventy five pages. Where's the stendred contract form for Colorado's twenty or less.
Speaker 4: We've had calls, Brad, and I know you've helped listeners out where they put money down on a Lenar or KB home. Whoever the builder is. It really doesn't matter. I'm not trying to single anybody out. But they put it down the earnest money, like you said, a massive amount of money. Then they get towards the end. And this happened over COVID big time. All of a sudden, they thought they had that house for say four hundred and fifty thousand. Now the builder wants six hundred thousand for it. They're like, no way, I want out, give me my money back. I thought I was buying a four hundred and fifty thousand dollars house and the builder goes wait a second, right here, page five, section three, it says, if material costs goes up, we can pass that along to you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 18: Builders are constantly putting new things in their contract. So I need to review every single line of that fifty page custom contract form because they I've seen them sneak in, like we you just talked about repricing a deal because it's crazy building costs went out. I mean that, you know, that's against the concept of a contract in my opinion. But if you put in there that they had that right, Okay, you just get in the contract r.
Speaker 4: You agreed to it. I mean, and who reads these you know many homes. I'll say this, Brad, I you know the last home we bought. I didn't know you, but I did use an attorney and a realtor. I used Frank Durand. But I had someone look over it and it was a pretty standard deal. But I got to tell you something. People are crazy not to have a realtor look at it. For most people, it's the biggest purchase they're ever going to make in their life, and your nuts not to spend a few hundred bucks or whatever to have it looked at.
Speaker 5: I got to put in a good word for Cobol builders. You know, I just bought the townhouse two years ago during.
Speaker 6: The COVID win.
Speaker 4: They didn't up your price. They did not up my price.
Speaker 5: And when it was a delay, they said, look it's going to take another eight months, and do you want your money back or do you want to wait eight months? They had no increase in the prices contract. They were upstanding builders, Doc.
Speaker 4: You got real lucky on that. We had probably twenty call ors, some of which Brad helped. In Colorado Springs, same thing. It was a brand new condo building being built, and they all got hit with like a twenty or thirty percent increase, which was massive. A lot of them couldn't qualify for that payment and they ended up losing their earnest money. Cobel though, No, it was not. They were great. Yeah, So here's the deal, Brad O'Brien. Anything real estate, I don't care what it is. Property line disputes, Maybe you're buying a home with a friend or a family member that's not your spouse. Maybe eminent domain, you name it, commercial residential. Call Brad, He'll help you out. He'll talk to you for free seven to zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight. He's in with us all the time on the show. He's our real estate expert olslaw dot com. Hey Brad, I appreciate you coming on as always. Man glead to help. Thank you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'm gonna take a quick break. Carol has a problem with the nursing facility. That sounds horrible. I don't know if that's like a family member or herself. I don't know what's going on with that. And then Karen's got a problem with an eviction. Let's dive in. Let's help these people out.
Speaker 12: Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three. Martino, You've been ripped off for taking advantage of any car questions. I got Kevin Cokin shared in auto tech, and I got Jeff Fick. Any purchase questions, warranty questions, anything to do with cars, and of course anything else. By the way, this hour brought to you by Denver Regen. I was telling Susanne this morning, I'm down like thirty seven pounds. I got three pounds to go, and then I'm off the meds. I've been on Trizeppetide through these guys. You know, for less than three hundred bucks a month, you can lose a ton of weight. Think about that. In six months, I have lost probably twenty five percent of my body mass. My blood pressure is better, everything's better. It's incredible. It's like cheating. It's like cheating. I don't know how else to put it. I'm not hungry. I feel full after I each just a little bit. It's remarkable. My wife loves it because I don't snore anymore. Denverregen dot com. These guys are great. You'll talk to the doctor, all the follow ups, the medication, everything is included. Denverregion dot com Lessen three hundred bucks. Now I'm dying to see what's going on with this one. This one sounds really interesting. Here a problem with the nursing facility. Then after that we got Karen and Margie both eviction problems. Evictions are getting crazy, really crazy. The pendulum is swinging the other way. Now we'll get into those and once again, if we've got to get one of our attorneys up to make sure these landlords are doing everything right, we can do that. Carol, what is going on with you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 19: I live in Deer Trail and unfortunately, three weeks ago I.
Speaker 10: Broke my ankle.
Speaker 19: So I was sent to a raw medical center for surgery, and then I went to a skilled nursing facility and the other night I realized that one of my medications was no thing.
Speaker 6: Hey, Carol, let.
Speaker 4: Me ask you something just on the accident, just because I mean, people are interested, and I am how did you hurt yourself? Was it in your own house, just you know, being clumsy or what?
Speaker 20: Well, I don't want.
Speaker 10: To build a clock.
Speaker 19: I guess I love to chat, but no, I live in Deer Trail and there was a tornado for me. Oh wow, My husband said, why aren't you at and see if you can take a picture. So I went out the front door and I knew I had two steps going to the.
Speaker 10: To the road.
Speaker 19: I remember going down the step and I turned and taking a picture and I spun. That sucks and I just located and broke my.
Speaker 4: So then you ended up in Aurora, and they, basically, I assume, said it. And then you said, what was the nursing facility part?
Speaker 19: Well, they set the ankle, they did surgery, and about five days later they sent me to rehab. And then I'm going to rehab.
Speaker 4: Were you living in rehab right now?
Speaker 19: I'm still here?
Speaker 4: Okay, now I get it. So now you're you're sitting at this nursing facility or this reab right now.
Speaker 19: I'm sitting here in my room in here.
Speaker 4: All right now, let's continue on. I get it now.
Speaker 19: So anyway, I'm bipolar, and I have certain requests and I don't request too much, but I have asked them please give me my.
Speaker 4: MUDs at talking about for the bipolar, the.
Speaker 19: Bipolar and there's several different medications.
Speaker 4: Carol, Carol, I'm sorry, but why wouldn't they give them to you? Why do you even have to request them? I guess I don't get that.
Speaker 19: Well, I think that's odd as well. My paperwork pain from a raw medical center. And they look at that paperwork and they say, okay, these medications are for pain, this, medications for anxiety, this, medications for more of a Manning type behavior, so antipsychotics, anti neod stabilizers basically.
Speaker 4: Yeah. But if they're once again I'm trying to keep you a focus here, but if they're if they're looking at this paperwork, they know what medications you're supposed to be taking. Why aren't they giving you the one you're talking about? Or why are you having to ask for it?
Speaker 19: Well, they've been you know, it's been good, except for a couple of nights ago. I count my meds and I look and I'm like, okay, I'm missing a medication.
Speaker 16: And I mean the.
Speaker 4: Individual pills are a whole bottle.
Speaker 10: Oh no, a pill they give you.
Speaker 19: They give you your meds at night when you go to sleep. I'm looking and I'm counting in my little my little cop that they give me and I'm missing one and I'm thinking that's one of my major bipolar meds. And you know, I kind of didn't say anything. I was like, Okay, they screwed up, and.
Speaker 14: I always you know, I you didn't take one that night?
Speaker 4: No, did you bring it up the next day?
Speaker 19: The next day I got my medication again and it wasn't in there again.
Speaker 4: But this time, I hope you said something, right.
Speaker 19: I did say something, And.
Speaker 4: What did they reply?
Speaker 19: They replied that it had been discontinued. They did not have it in the facility. And I basically looked at them and said, you guys could really mess up my mental health by not giving me this.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, I'm trying to understand this, Carol. So when they say, you said two things, and it's very important. So you said it's no longer made or it's discontinued meaning no one can get it, or they don't have it in the facility. What is the real case?
Speaker 10: I got it.
Speaker 19: Basically, the nurse came in and said, this has been discontinued for you. The doctor and the nerse decided you do not need this. But I'm looking at them going I'm bipolar. This isn't a psychiatric medication.
Speaker 4: Now, were they saying that? Hold on? Are they possible saying it because the painkillers because of the whole foot issue, or your other medications, they didn't think it was safe for you to take them together.
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 4: No, So then why why would they Why would they decide to take away your bipolar medication? I don't understand, because they look.
Speaker 19: At each medication and they know what each medication does. This is not a psychiatric unit.
Speaker 16: I know they do not.
Speaker 19: They do not mess with psychiatric meds because they know that there's a psychiatrist that I have that's over me. So when they go through the meds sheet, they'll say, okay, Carrol's and pain so that we're going to give her this, this, and this, but her medication for her bipolar meds. They're set and set in stone. Well, basically, what the nurse told me last night is I don't have it for you because the doctor discontinued it for you.
Speaker 4: The shrink.
Speaker 19: The I don't think there's a shrink here.
Speaker 4: All right, hold on a second, hold on, I got to take I'm getting a little confused. Here's what I want you to think about over this break, Carol. What I want to know is what doctor said that was it? The psychologist? Is that who said it? Or the psychiatrist. I don't know who actually gave it to you. I assume a psychiatrist, and if they had you on it, I doubt some other doctor, unless if there was an issue with the pain meds or whatever other meds you're on now, had some kind of interaction they're not supposed to have. I mean, I'm trying to figure out what doctor canceled it and where we're going with it.
Speaker 12: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Dran the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. I'd like to go a little different direction on this call. And here's what I want. I basically want to ask Carol something though. Hey, Carol, Suzanne was kind of reading through your emails. You mind if she kind of gets people up to speed where you're at and what's going on. Is that okay with you?
Speaker 20: That's perfect?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Hold on a second, Suzanne. So you received this email in through help at Troubleshoot around ten o'clock this morning or something.
Speaker 22: Yeah, you have the second email, yes, So go ahead paint the picture. Okay. So this is what I'm understanding, and Carol, you can correct me if I'm wrong, But it sounds like, uh, you uh, seven weeks before you hurt your foot broke your ankle, all that you were in a pretty bad mental state and was wanting to endure life. So you ultimately ended up in an eight week program, out patient program.
Speaker 4: To kind of help with those issues.
Speaker 22: And in that seven and they put you on meds for what you know and whatnot. And then in that seventh week is when you broke your ankle. Of that eight week program, so you ended up in this facility. And it looks to me, long story short, that they, between these two different folks, they've been in the nursing facility. They've been overdosing you on your head meds for lack of a better term, which could be really dangerous to you. And that's what you're calling about, is they haven't been communicating to get your medicine right, and ultimately you've been overdosed.
Speaker 4: And when you say communicating, you're talking about the mental aspect. This eight week thing. After the suicide attempt, they her on certain meds and when she broke her foot, the facility has her at the facility. They've been communicating, they've been double.
Speaker 22: Dosing her on some meds that could be deadly.
Speaker 4: I think, so, Carol, is that is that in a nutshell? Is there anything you want to add to that?
Speaker 19: That's in a nutshell? And it's actually between unfortunately, two people which I'm going to have a really hard time fighting with, and that is Aurora Medical Center started doing the overdosing at the very beginning when they sent the orders over to.
Speaker 10: That's a skilled nursing.
Speaker 4: Are they getting it? But hold on? It seems as if from what you wrote Suzanne this morning, so I'm kind of using your own words, that they are adjusting your medication to try to get it right now? Right?
Speaker 6: No, no, they.
Speaker 19: They I'm going home today and I've got two dilemmas. Last night the nurse came in and said, the doctors decided to discontinue. The doctor's here, not a psychiatrists. We've decided to discontinue your circle.
Speaker 14: So I don't have it for you, okay, And.
Speaker 4: I said, so, if you're getting discharged, hold on. Knowing you're getting discharged today, why wouldn't you simply call up the other doctor when you get home and readdress this with them, because that's their specialty.
Speaker 19: I agree with you, But what's happening is this should have never happened to begin with.
Speaker 4: So what is your question to me? It looks like this is going to work itself out because you're not going to be dealing with this place you're at anymore when it comes to the care for your foot in the rehab for the physical injury. But you're going to go back and hold on. I'm going to put you back on hold and I'll give you a chance after this. But I guess I'm not understanding how we can help you at this point. I need an actual question, like I want to assume them or something. You got to give me something to bite on here to figure out what advice to give you, But everybody holds tight. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Karen and Margie. I promise you guys are up next right here on the Troubleshooter Network.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ripped news.
Speaker 22: So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run anxious.
Speaker 1: As fast as we can, the.
Speaker 2: Shoot is gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 4: My friends to the only show of its kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, try to make your life a little bit better. Any questions we try to dive into everything. I'm going to go back to Carol in the second, but basically, she called in and she's got a multitude of problems. She suffers from some depression and other things, and she is also bipolar. She had a certain medication she was on. She ended up breaking her foot. She ended up going into a in in house or in hospital facility rehabbing with her foot. They kind of cut down on some of the mets she was on. She's dealing with multiple doctors, and that's kind of where we left off. But I want to tell you something, Carol. So you're getting out of that facility, that rehab facility today, you're able to call your psychiatrist and basically talk to them again about the bipolar medication. And I think that's that's good, and that's the person that should be making that call for you. When you're in a facility like you are now for your foot, they're kind of responsible for what's going on because you're under their care. And if they want to change some stuff up, whether it's good or not, I think they definitely have the right to do that. But since you're leaving there now, what I really want to know is, what is your question for us, because I think you're going to be able to solve your own problem once you talk to your psychiatrist again.
Speaker 19: Well, I am talking to my psychiatrist again to find out what I can do to get over the overdose because they've been overdosing me.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but it's the hospital.
Speaker 4: They already cut it. But they but they cut it out now. I mean, you're going to be leaving, so that's not going to be an issue as of tomorrow.
Speaker 19: Well after three weeks of them doing it and not knowing it. That is just not right.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I'll ask you a question. Hold on one second, Doc Dan, I'll leave you, Carol. What I want you to understand, though, is if you're talking about getting an attorney and going after them, you really don't have any long term damages that I know about. If the fact that let's say the medication, let's say it's the opposite, that they were overdosing you on something and all of a sudden your life is going to change for the rest of your life, I mean, that would be something to go after. But they're adjusting the meds and you're going to be back to your idea of normal pretty soon.
Speaker 19: Yes, I agree, with you, But I do have to talk to my my psychiatrists and ask him. I've been on double the medication for three weeks.
Speaker 4: And you can you can ask it, and you can ask him if that could have done any you know, permanent damage or whatever.
Speaker 5: Doc, go ahead, I was gonna say, Carol, you sound pretty lucid right now. Yeah, so there obviously are know long term effects for three weeks of being overdosed. If you were comatose, or you couldn't talk, or you were falling asleep, or you couldn't sit still, if you had some manifested signs of overdose, it would be one thing. But if all you need to psychiatrist today is to give you the correct doses, there's no problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't I agree with Doc. I don't see a problem. I wanted to ask you, Carolina. Side note though, when you do you recognize like when you have a do you have manic episodes? You feel horrible? We already know because of the suicide attempt, you go way down, But do you go the other way too? Do you get manic to where you're just crazy full of energy? Or I mean kind of give me an idea of your own interpretation of your own diagnose diagnosis.
Speaker 19: Okay, basically, bipolar is mania in depression. So when I'm manic, I just speak really fast. I am a jabber mouth. I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I try to do way too many things at one time, and I don't get enough flop. When I'm going to the depressive episode, you know, I'm down. I'm feeling like the world is not my best friend, and I just kind of sink down in there. Right now, my black polar medications are the most important things to me, along with a a psychiatrist and accounselor.
Speaker 4: Do you know? Do you notice? I don't want to dig back into the actual question because you're going to be dealing with your psychiatrist and I think you're going to be fine going forward. But what I'm curious about is when you're in either of those stages of bipolar, do you actually recognize them or does like your husband have to point them out and then once someone points out to you, hey, you're being manic, then you recognize it or do you know it while you're entering that phase.
Speaker 19: I do know why I'm entering that phase, but with after trying to commit suicide. I went into an intensive outpatient therapy. They teach you dialectical behavioral therapy, which is basically to love yourself and end your suffering. So they put you into a frame of mind that this is what frame of mind you're in right now. Think about what you're doing, try to distract yourself, and then they pull you out of it. You put your own self out of it by learning through these counselors, and they are amazing. So I was seven weeks in broke my foot, and.
Speaker 21: I was really good. I was very good.
Speaker 19: At handling the situation, but kind of didn't handle it really well when I knew that I was getting too much medication.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe you're focused, maybe, Carol, just maybe part of this extreme focus you have on it right now and maybe you know maybe rightfully so you're angry your medication has changed. You were going through this process, you were seven weeks in. Everything was helping you. I can understand the frustration. I can understand that. But maybe a little bit of your feelings you're having right now about it, maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe you should apply everything you learned in the seven weeks to this because going forward, it's going to be fixed. Why dwell on what happened? Why not kind of exit out of this the stage you're in right now, If that makes sense, I'm sure. I'm sure a doctor would say it a lot better than that. But I think you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 19: I totally get it, and you are right. I think that just being able to talk to you and mention.
Speaker 14: Something to you about this has.
Speaker 19: Actually made me feel better.
Speaker 14: It is going to be remedied.
Speaker 10: You are right. I can get out of my head with this.
Speaker 4: That's good and I.
Speaker 10: Will be okay.
Speaker 4: Well, we wish you could.
Speaker 19: Doesn't happen to anybody else, you know what.
Speaker 10: I'm good.
Speaker 4: I really wish you. In fact, we all here wish you the absolute best. I hope you get back to that therapy. And I'm really happy I put her on hold. I'm really happy she seems to be It seems to be affecting you in a great way. Yeah, I mean she kind of just talking a little bit seemed to help her out a lot, So Carol, really, we appreciate it. We'd love to hear a follow up. If you're ever feeling really bummed out, you can reach out and email us and it doesn't have to be on the air. We don't mind communicating with you, and I hope everything's cool. She sounds like a sweetie Mark, she really does. In fact, I think Doc said it. I think Doc said something that I picked up on. She seems very lucid right now. She seems to have everything put together. And it's got to be a struggle with that kind of disease would be really hard. And you know, we've all probably known someone in our lives that has suffered from it. There used to be a talk show host here. In fact, he did some advertising for me. Do you know who that is? Dragon? You probably haven't been around long enough. Oh, I know that J Marvin. J Marvin, and he I paid him for endorsements, just like I advertise for people. And he was the hardest sucker to work with. I'm telling you. There was some days me and this guy. I remember, I'm paying him, I'm the customer. There was some days that were just absolutely miserable dealing with this guy, Like I can't even explain it. There'd be days he's pissed at me. Just well, what I learned is he's pissed at the world. It had nothing to do with me. But other times he was so elated and happy you would think he won the lottery. It was quite remarkable. It was really quite remarkable. If you ever talked to Shannon here about Jay Marvin, he absolutely couldn't stand working with the guy. He said it was one of the hardest things in the world. And I can see why just from the interaction I had to deal with now.
Speaker 5: I think Carol just wanted a confirmation that that the whatever perceived overdose she might have gotten, yeah, is not going to have any long term effects.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's right around the corner. Well, the remedy is that he sh just need a remedy.
Speaker 5: There are any long term effects for three weeks of potential overdose.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean is as far as the proper dose, the remedy is gonna be after she talks to the sie psychiatrist. All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. We're gonna have one line open in a second, Karin, you're up next. We got two eviction issues. We might be getting Brad O'Brien on. Then a question on service. What kind of service is it? Kelly? What is David actually asking do you know we'll find out after this everybody will take.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, It's crazy. What other show do you go from a call like Carrol's to a call like Karen's. That's got to do with eviction? Hey, Karen, what is going on? Are you the one being evicted? Or you the landlord the tenant? Give me a little info.
Speaker 20: On the tenant.
Speaker 4: So what's happening?
Speaker 20: I've gone behind on my rent for May and June and now July is here. I've been out of work and just gotten behind.
Speaker 8: And.
Speaker 4: So I was just hey, Karen, how much is your rent? And where do you live?
Speaker 20: I'm living Aurora and my rent is thirteen thirty.
Speaker 4: And then and how do you how did you get behind? Three months? Is a lot?
Speaker 20: Okay? Well, I was working and then I got laid off and I was unable. I was able to get unemployment, but I was having some health issues you know here and there. And then when I was selling better in the unapployment, and then I started looking work and I just haven't been able to find anything.
Speaker 4: What is your trade?
Speaker 20: Assembly, warehouse and manufacturing. I have a lot of like wire harnesses. I've worked at Luckey Martin air methods.
Speaker 4: Did you ever try with Amazon? I know they hire like crazy lungs. You don't have a criminal background?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 4: And what did Amazon say, Sadex.
Speaker 20: They're just not hiring right now.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 20: But I have an interview tomorrow, like a second interview. I've done the phone interview, but that's not going to help me for Monday.
Speaker 4: No, So are you actually facing the hearing monday or was that for from the notice or give me a little more there.
Speaker 20: It's from the notice. I sent you a copy. So I went there and spoke with him because on the notice it only has for May, and so I did a gofund me because I.
Speaker 14: Have no family, literally, I have no one.
Speaker 20: To help me. So the notice just has May. So I was like, well, if I could do the go fund me and possibly get May. But that's where he's like, well, actually, no, you owe May in June, which I do owe. Yeah, and he said, well you owe May in June. He said, actually care in July here, so we would have to do that and I said, I understand that.
Speaker 14: But on the plane, A couple of.
Speaker 4: Carrigs for Monday, Karen, A couple of things. Number one I basically it's saying hold on thirty day notice as of service. I'm just reading this hold on within thirty days of the service on demand or in the alternative all a vacate you will have limited.
Speaker 20: Un lost bag thirty days.
Speaker 4: So Mark, Yeah, so thirty days is Monday, right.
Speaker 20: Well, that paper, I'd already received that paper like before, because I owed for May. He'd given me that.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, that's That's what I'm saying. Basically, Monday, what happens Monday? What's going to happen Monday?
Speaker 20: Okay, well Monday, I have to fill out the papers, because.
Speaker 14: I went and spoke with him the other day.
Speaker 20: To the papers to for Monday. I have to show why I think that. You know, I don't owe this, but I do owe this. So he said Monday. By Monday, I need to make like arrangement with him, and he could do it over four weeks, okay, equals like twelve like maybe twelve forty five for May, June and July. But I don't have a job today, I mean hopefully.
Speaker 4: Just There's just a couple of things I want to tell you. One the bottom line is Monday, you don't have a court hearing. You understand that, right?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 20: Yes? And no?
Speaker 4: Well what do you mean? Yes? And do you are you supposed to be at court Monday?
Speaker 20: Well that's what I thought, But after speaking with him, he said that I just need him to make an agreement.
Speaker 4: Well okay, Karen, Karen, please, this is so important. Have you been served and you have to show up to court Monday? Not not this notice I'm looking at.
Speaker 20: This is all I have. That's what I sent you.
Speaker 14: That's all I have.
Speaker 4: So I want to tell you it's not necessarily good news, but I want to tell you this. This is basically you know it's pretty much a demand letter. They still would have to go through the eviction process, file the eviction, and then you might not go to court for thirty sixty days. Then you would basically be kicked out of the place. So you're not facing having to leave anytime soon because you don't even have a court day yet, and if he hasn't filed the eviction or she hasn't filed the eviction, it could be a while. So now, I I just wanted to say that, so you don't think they can show up and kick you out on Tuesday if you don't make a deal. Now, you should make a deal. The problem that I see is you don't have a job. I realize you're trying to hold on you don't have a job, and I understand you're trying to find a job. When's the last time you actually worked.
Speaker 20: It's been about four months.
Speaker 4: Okay, you haven't worked for four months. You haven't paid rent for three months. So your GoFundMe is great, and I don't even mind telling people what it is, but I'm gonna put a caveat on that you don't have a job. What's gonna stop you? If people do use their hard earned money to help you out. What are you going to do next month? If you don't have a job, do another gofund me. I don't understand your long game right exactly.
Speaker 20: Well, I'm hoping that tomorrow. I did that job, and I did some applications a couple of days ago on indeed, and I see I've got a couple inspects there where they're wanting to set up interviews. That's what I'm saying. I didn't even make an agreement.
Speaker 4: Who did you work for? Who was the last company you worked for? Four months ago?
Speaker 20: It was Stereotech and Good.
Speaker 4: And what did you do for them?
Speaker 20: Medical assembly?
Speaker 4: And how long did you What is medical assembly like putting together a wheelchair or what?
Speaker 20: No, they do biological indicators when I understand, okay, well as much as I want to understand, So what did you do prior to that?
Speaker 4: Who did you work for?
Speaker 20: I work for that would have been Lockheed Martin doing cable assembly.
Speaker 4: And how long did you work for Lockheed?
Speaker 10: I was there two years, okay?
Speaker 4: And then how long were you at that last company?
Speaker 8: Two years?
Speaker 4: And then how about before Lockheed?
Speaker 20: I worked for a circuit board company doing inspections.
Speaker 4: For how long.
Speaker 20: I think it was there four years.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's kind of interesting. That's better than I thought I was going to hear from her. There's a lot of people I talk about or that that fall into the same hole you have, where they're late on rent, they lost their job, whatever that you know, have had twenty jobs in eight years. You had three jobs in eight years, So that's actually not bad. Guys, What is your opinion on that when you hire somebody? Just Kevin Caukin just.
Speaker 6: Absolutely you don't know a job hopper.
Speaker 4: No, you don't know what do you consider a job? Do you consider her a job hopper?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not. I think that's her. Her work history is great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot better than a lot of apps that I've looked at over my life.
Speaker 6: So I don't blaming anybody else for why she's not working.
Speaker 4: So look, I don't mind if you want to give out your GoFundMe if that's your endgame in this call. I don't know what else. I really like the fact though, Karen, that you acknowledge that you owe the money, and if you show up at an eviction hearing, you're going to get evicted. So I really, I really do appreciate that. A lot of the calls we take they don't want to come to that reality. I think it would be a lot better for you if you already had the job. That way, people would feel better about it giving you money. But it sounds like you're on the right track. Is your is your ailment over your for whatever reason you couldn't work? Are you completely over that?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: What what is the what is the GoFundMe? Go ahead, you give it out?
Speaker 20: Well, actually I don't uh, I'm not that I don't know how to say.
Speaker 4: It, do I Just well, generally on GoFundMe you can search something so I don't know if it's your first and last name, I don't know.
Speaker 20: I'll just tell you what it says.
Speaker 4: Well, you can tell us what it says. But if someone actually wants to donate to it, hold on, someone's got to explain that to her. Suzanne, maybe over the break, explain to her, or find the GoFundMe and we'll give it out for you. Margie, your next David's got a car question? Everybody hanged tight. I don't know what Shane's on.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 12: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino. Hey, uh, Suzanne looked up that. Uh, go fund me and let me catch everybody up. So Karen lost your job. Hey Karen, you lost it about four months ago. Why did you lose it? You got laid off?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yes, so you didn't get fired, you got laid off. Yeah, So what happened? What happened to the money you got with unemployment? Why didn't you use that? That should have been about eighty percent of your pay right.
Speaker 20: For my rent? Then I had a car payment and.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but if you were getting eighty percent, why where'd the money go? I mean, you were making x amount now you're making only eighty percent. I could understand if you were just shy twenty percent, but you seem to be shy the whole amount.
Speaker 20: But I didn't make that much at that job, so I didn't make that much on unemployment.
Speaker 4: So you were still struggling to pay the car and the.
Speaker 20: Apartment, yes, and then insurance.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And see that's where that kind of comes back to that same issue I was saying is even if you get bailed out, now, why do you think you're not going to have the same issue next month?
Speaker 20: Well, hopefully I can.
Speaker 14: Get a job making more money.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I just don't want it. Mark, listen to you all the time, and I actually think the same way as you. I feel really bad even being in this position because I think people should not be in a position socially. On my age where how old are? I'm fifty?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 22: And as read go fund me, here's the thing, Mark, I went ahead and shared her go fund me link on our YouTube video. Oh okay, So but here's the thing. If you go to go fund me into their search feature and put in Karen's urgent.
Speaker 4: Need, you will see it.
Speaker 22: It says Karen's urgent need avoiding eviction. There's a pictures of mountains. So if you want to donate again, you just search go fund me Karen's urgent need and it was the second one to pop.
Speaker 4: Up for me, and it says avoiding eviction. You know, you might have an angel out there that jumps in and does it. You know, I'm not going to tell people how to feel.
Speaker 14: About this, understand but mark me and you think.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? We think the same. I don't understand that.
Speaker 20: I don't know. I just feel like you are a caring person and you're very patient, especially after that last call.
Speaker 4: Well, OK, Karen, I don't want to go. That's I appreciate it, but hold on. I want to bring something else up that Jeff brought up. Jeff Vick camera transmission. Jeff, tell her what, Tell her what you were thinking during.
Speaker 7: The Depending on her separation, whether or not the Family Leave Act would actually give her some sort of relief. She could reach out to the state and get some funds from that way. She paid into that for the last couple of years.
Speaker 20: I don't think so, because I was I was already gone from that job.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You've got to I see what.
Speaker 6: Separation would have had to have been separation.
Speaker 4: Would add had been prior? How many months do you have left on unemployment Karen?
Speaker 20: No, that's what I'm saying, there is no more unemployment.
Speaker 4: Well I thought, wouldn't unemployment cover you for six months? Or were you on it before?
Speaker 20: No? No, I had it for six months.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so you didn't get terminated four months ago. It was six months ago?
Speaker 20: Yeah, okay, But if I mean, I just want to make sure I have a boof over my head. And like I said, I did a phone interview and I've got this in person interview tomorrow.
Speaker 4: And then where is the interview tomorrow?
Speaker 20: Well, I hope they're not listening. Is a cardinal hilp and Aurora?
Speaker 4: Okay, well listen all. We all wish you luck on that big time. And Suzanne posted our link up there on YouTube. Let me see if I can find it real quick. Oh it's way too long, I forgot. Do you guys remember what Suzanne said to.
Speaker 6: Search Karen's urgent needs need?
Speaker 4: Oh, Karen's urgent need If you search that on GoFundMe And if you want to help Karen out there, you go three O three seven one three eight two five five, Margie, what is going on with you?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 10: So this is kind of a little bit of a weird, long story. I will make it as short as possible. I'm actually calling for my daughter. She rented a office space two years ago, okay, and she was on the first year. She was on a one year leaf. After that it was year two.
Speaker 14: It was months a month, okay.
Speaker 4: She just is on a commercial property, right.
Speaker 10: Yes, okay, it's a commercial property.
Speaker 20: And she.
Speaker 10: Ended up signing a contract with him to clean the property or the upstairs of the building and keep the bathroom cleaned. He would pay for all of the cleaning products and all of the you know, toilet papers in exchange.
Speaker 4: Help me out here, help me out though, Martie, was that in exchange for the rent.
Speaker 10: It was he was paying her two hundred dollars a month to do that. Yeah, and she was paying him one hundred dollars for the office space.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: Back in January, she the at the end of January, the toilet broke and she tried to get a hold of him, couldn't get a hold of him.
Speaker 4: Now, when you say it broke, like it started leaking or what are we talking about? Here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, like it like flooded half of the upper.
Speaker 4: Floor or was it while she was working on it? What caused it? And how?
Speaker 10: What caused it?
Speaker 4: But was she doing something with it or she just happened to be walking by and it was flooding.
Speaker 10: She walked into the She walked in to go do some stuff in the afternoon in her office space, and the carpet was soaked. Okay, yeah, and so she went and looked. She shut the water off immediately. And so anyway, she's trying to get a hold of the owner of the building. Can't get a hold of him.
Speaker 4: Did she get the water turned off?
Speaker 10: Yes? Okay, keeping he turned the water off immediately. She couldn't get a hold of the owner, so she started getting worried. She called the police and asked them to do a welfare check on the gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, why wait wait, wait wait, that's a big sentence. Why like he's the elderly or why would she she can't okay, so, oh my goodness, okay, so now.
Speaker 10: What So so they show up and yes, he has passed away in his house.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, hold on, hold on, this is getting crazy. But I gotta take this break everybody. Hold on three oh three Martino, Go with a sure.
Speaker 12: Thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with remaxs Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right three three seven one three eight two five five. This one's taken a wild turn. So bottom line is this, Margie's daughter has some office space. She pays about three hundred bucks a month the landlord or the owner of the building she's doing some work for. She'd clean the bathrooms in the building, do some other stuff, get two in her bucks a month. So she noticed that one of the toilets was leaking when she went to use a bathroom, and it was flooding and there was water everywhere. The carpet was wet, and she turned the water off as soon as she found out, which was great, and then tried to reach out to the landlord. The landlord she couldn't get in touch with. And she's known the guy for a while and basically used an older person in his eighties. And she called for a well check because he wasn't returning calls, not answering the phone. The police went out there and sure enough, Uh, Margie, the guy was passed away. He's dead.
Speaker 10: Yes, what what happened?
Speaker 4: Just on that part? I know it has nothing to do Did he have a heart attack? Was it natural causes?
Speaker 9: I bet?
Speaker 8: Or what.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 10: To be honest with you, we never found out. Okay, she didn't really go into you know, did.
Speaker 9: He own it?
Speaker 4: Was it like a was it just the landlord or was it the owner of the building? Who was this person?
Speaker 10: It's the owner. It's the owner of the building.
Speaker 4: So what happened to the building in his estate?
Speaker 10: So so this is where things get tricky. So he had passed away. No one knew there. So the building is a two story building, the bottom part of it.
Speaker 4: There's none of that matters, but what happened.
Speaker 10: But well it does a little bit because okay, bottom street level units they all had their own electric sewer and water okay, upstairs all on one shared okay. Okay, So she starts panicking because she's like, I've got to have electricity because she runs, she was running, or she has a seamstress business, okay, so she has sewing machines stuff like that. So she's starting to panic. Nobody knows who to get a hold of anything.
Speaker 4: Well hold on though, Margie. She's panicking because the water damage. They had to turn off the power. It was that bad.
Speaker 10: No, if the power wasn't being paid, were they going to turn it off?
Speaker 4: Is she the only one up there? Or is there other tenants sharing that bill?
Speaker 10: So this is the other little weird part of it. So there's like four people that rent, but the other three, the other four or three I should say, the other three are not They're only there like once a month.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 10: He did, right before he passed away, rent one of the units to somebody who ended up moving into the unit or into the office.
Speaker 4: Martie. This is getting a little drawn out. What I mean by this is typically what would happen is someone else is going to inherit this building or the estate's going to have it and sell it. So like, where does everything stand right now?
Speaker 10: So so my daughter found another place. She eventually his The Sky sister notified everybody that she was going to be the contact person.
Speaker 4: Okay, and this was.
Speaker 10: The middle to the end of April.
Speaker 4: So what happened?
Speaker 10: So my daughter called her, told her that she had been cleaning for the last three months and buying supplies and the lady said, send me invoices, I will get you paid.
Speaker 4: What would the total of that be with supplies and labor? How much did she send her?
Speaker 10: And she didn't send her anything. Well, the invoices were for six hundred dollars and thirty seven cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that sounds reasonable. So what happened?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so the lady never sent her anything.
Speaker 4: My daughter moved out, so she never sent her the money.
Speaker 10: She never sent the money. Okay, got her moved out and found a better place. So last Friday, gipping forward, she gets a registered letter which they didn't even get picked up there.
Speaker 4: And what does it say? What does it say?
Speaker 10: It is it is the beginning stages of an eviction.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, and she's saying that your daughter owes money as well.
Speaker 10: Right, they're saying that she Owes twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, I get it now three oh three seven one, three eight two five five will finish that up. Then John's gotta scam David Shane, everybody hold tight car questions coming up as well.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped News need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run anxiousness as we can show. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome to the only show of It's caad.
Speaker 4: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. It's car Day and here's the deal we got. Kevin Coukin, who's been a smart ass over there. And then Jeff Vick also joins us, and he's been a smart ass as well. Now these guys join us all the time. These guys know more about cars put together than any other two people I know put together, whether it comes to fixing, selling, pre purchase inspections. You get the idea. They've been with the show for years and years and years, and thank you guys for joining us. And we were talking to somebody, Margie, whose daughter. This one's kind of crazy. We're going to run through it real quick. Basically, her daughter rented a place and it was about three hundred bucks a month. She worked there as well and got paid basically two hundred dollars a month to clean the floors, clean the toilets, vacuum stuff like that. It was an office building, so the person that owned the building passed away. It ended up going to his sister. And a couple questions I do have here, Margie, Your daughter sent her a bill for the ser serviss Did she ever actually terminate the lease? Did she give written notice your daughter, that is that she was terminating the thirty day lease?
Speaker 10: She verbally did, she did so, she.
Speaker 4: Doesn't have anything in writing about that. No, and how many months of rent are they trying to charge her for?
Speaker 10: They're saying that she owes it would be well twelve hundred dollars, it would be three hundred.
Speaker 4: Or four months, four months.
Speaker 6: Did she have any of the agreement in writing for cleaning and any of that or was that all verbal as well?
Speaker 10: No, she has a signed agreement on the cleaning.
Speaker 4: So what does the sister say? What does the new landlord say when she basically says, here's the six hundred dollars. Here's why you guys owe me six hundred dollars.
Speaker 10: Now the so the sister got a lawyer, and the lawyer sent the letter. Yeah, and the lawyer is saying that you owe twelve hundred dollars. You owe for four months. Well two of those months or three of those months, I should say, nobody in the whole building knew who to send checks to because they had no idea.
Speaker 4: Well, then she would still owe it, though, I mean, then she would still owe it.
Speaker 10: She would simply she would still yes, but they owe her the six hundred for the queen.
Speaker 4: If I be basic, Margie, hold on a second here, I mean if I do basic math. The fact she didn't get a notice doesn't mean anything, So just don't even use that as an argument, especially with an attorney. It's insane. It means nothing. It's like if my neighbor was stealing my mortgage information each month or my bill and I didn't pay it, it's not gonna matter. You're still gonna get in trouble and they're going to foreclothes on your house. But here's what I'm saying. Simple math says, she your daughter owes six hundred dollars. Would you agree with that or you wouldn't agree with that.
Speaker 10: I don't agree with that. She owes two hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Why two hundred because.
Speaker 10: She because there was only two months that she didn't know who to send the one hundred dollars that she was supposed to pay for a rent. Well because she was still cleaning the whole time.
Speaker 4: Listen, the cleaning part is. Let's just separate them real quick. Number one, she signed a lease. That lease was for a year or whatever. When the lease was done, it went to month to month. The month to month is still going to have the same kind of terms when it comes to ending. It is the original lease and a commercial deal. It could be whatever was in there, not unresidential, But what was the deal in there? Was she supposed to give thirty days notice? Or was the landlord supposed to give thirty days notice without looking at the lease? I don't know the answer, but generally it's a thirty day notice, So your daughter would have had to give them thirty days notice to move out. You already said that did not happen. You said it happened verbally. But I'll even go down that road real quick. Who did it verbally happen.
Speaker 21: With this sister?
Speaker 4: With the sister? Does that person acknowledge it?
Speaker 10: She has not talked to the sister since she got this the registered letter on Friday from the attorney. Yes, from the attorney.
Speaker 4: Okay, how many months has it been? Four?
Speaker 10: So from when? From what?
Speaker 4: From the from when she hasn't given notice? Listen forget about the notice. You're talking about where she talked to this lady. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't, It doesn't matter. How is the attorney calculating twelve hundred bucks, that's got to be four months.
Speaker 10: Yes, he is saying that she owes four months.
Speaker 4: And then in that four months. Let's just take that. Let's just say it's four months she owes in that four months. How many months did she actually work and clean the Bathroomsoms?
Speaker 10: No, she cleaned the bathrooms up until the end of April, so.
Speaker 4: That means nothing to me.
Speaker 10: How many months, so it would have been January if every March April, so she owes for those which what they're saying is that she is still in the building.
Speaker 4: Because she hasn't given written notice, but.
Speaker 10: She so talking to the sister didn't make a difference, Margie.
Speaker 4: Listen, I'm not saying it makes a difference if the sister acknowledges it and says, yes, she did give me notice. If the sister doesn't acknowledge it and it's in front of a judge, you're going to have no proof. I mean, that's that's what it's going to come down to. Listen, here's what I do, and this is not legal advice, but I want to tell you how I would handle this situation. First of all, there's a real math issue here. I don't understand your math, nor do I really care at this point, because here's what I would do. I would tell the attorney, you know what they owe me this much money. I told this lady I was getting out of here and leave it at that. I told her I was out and if she doesn't want to go ahead.
Speaker 10: She did that. She sent him an email or sent the lady an email the journey on Tuesday, and they responded and said, we didn't give you permission to leave. That was their comment.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't even understand that, So I'm going to continue on my thought training here.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I don't understand it either.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well listen though, here's basically it. She's out, she doesn't need to be there. They can come after her and try to go after her for whatever reason. They're going to have to bring her to court. It's not like taking a victor right now because she's already gone. I mean she's up and out. They're not holding her equipment hostage, are they, no?
Speaker 20: No?
Speaker 10: Everything?
Speaker 4: So she's up and gone. I would let them bring you to court or bring me to court, because I'm using that as this example is what I would do, and I would let them sue me. Then I would show up in court and I would say you're on or here's what happened, here's the agreement where I would be getting paid to do this and do that. They tried to tell me I owed twelve hundred dollars. I simply do not owe that much. I get two hundred dollars a month to do this, per this written agreement right here. And I told the new owner that I was getting out of there. And I mean, that's exactly Let a judge sort it out. That's exactly what I would do.
Speaker 10: Okay, So now let me ask you this, Should we get an attorney or should we do it by ourselves?
Speaker 4: I would just wait. First of all, I wouldn't get an attorney personally. Once again, this is not legal advice. I wouldn't get an attorney until they sued me. If they sued me in anything but small claims court, I would then have a free consultation with an attorney like Brad O'Brien. And the reason I say that is if the settlement is twelve hundred dollars and an attorney's gonna cost two thousand, I might consider paying the twelve hundred. So I would wait till they sewer, though, and I highly doubt they're gonna sewer over twelve hundred bucks. I think either they have a relative that's an attorney or a friend that's an attorney, or you know they paid an attorney one hundred bucks or pre paid legal to write your daughter the nasty Graham. I would make them follow up with an actual lawsuit. Okay, yeah, I mean, you're gonna have your chance, or she's gonna have her chance in front of a judge. There's no doubt about it. But that's where i'd leave it. But here's the other thing. I'm gonna have Kelly. I'm gonna put you on hold. I'm gonna have Kelly give you Brad O'Brien's phone number. I want you to call up and just talk to Brad and let us know kind of what he said. Just talk to him. He'll talk to you over the phone real quick. But the problem with hiring somebody is it's going to cost you more than twelve hundred bucks. So that's what I'm saying. Make them serve you, make them come after you. I mean, that's what I would do. I can't put it any other way. But if you want to call Brad, feel free to call Brad. Now, Shane, what's going on with you? Shane?
Speaker 8: Hey, So took my car into breaks plus had some break.
Speaker 4: Oh with David your next by the way, go ahead, Shane.
Speaker 8: Breaks were just kind of grabbing at low speeds, kind of violently, you know, just kind of creeping up at a light you can grab. And I took the break the wheels off, looked at it, couldn't see anything. So I took it into Breaks Plus. They said it was likely due to the control arms shifting under breaking pressure. And then they also had a list of other things, like it was seventeen hundred dollars what they quoted me for everything?
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 8: Initial guy, I dropped the ball. He didn't know their financial financing situation, and.
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 8: So I asked about, like what their financing options were.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, and what did they tell you initially?
Speaker 8: They couldn't tell me anything. They don't know.
Speaker 4: Oh okay.
Speaker 8: Oh so okay, I'm going to go somewhere else. I took it to Midas, was gonna take it in the next day for Midas to look at it. Grace Plus called me back, said, hey, we messed up. Our guys should have known her. You know, since we messed up, we'll give you five hundred dollars off.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, five hundred off plus they found you financing, I assume, yeah, okay, hold on, I got to take this break. I guarantee this doesn't end with that good news. I guarantee something happened after that. Everybody will find out after this.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: You know renew Home Innovations. These guys do things very quickly too. They have these new beautiful porcelain sheets. It can turn your shower or your entire bathroom into the most beautiful sanctuary. These guys have great prices. They got a special promotion right now. You get to free shower door twelve months, no payments, no interest, and then they also have discounts for veterans and active military, and a lot of times they can do the entire installation. Listen to this in one week, great prices, quick service. These are great guys. You're gonna love Ne three oh three, nine oh four two thousand, three oh three, nine oh four to two thousand, or renew home Innovations dot com. Now we're going to go right back to the phone lines and Shane, here's the bottom line. Shane brought his vehicle to Breaks Plus. They gave him an estimate for about seventeen hundred bucks, but told them at first they didn't offer any financing options, so we brought it over to somewhere else. Meantime, Breaks Plus calls back and goes that employee didn't really know what they were talking about. We do have finance options, and we're sorry about that. We're going to go ahead and give you a five hundred dollars discount, and of course you can use our financing. So what happened next? Shane all Right.
Speaker 8: Got the car back after setting up with their credit line credit card thing.
Speaker 4: Hey, which one was it? By the way, who was the what credit company did they use?
Speaker 8: Synchrony?
Speaker 6: Okay, Kevin Huge, the Walmart Sam's Club. Everybody, what do you think ring got it?
Speaker 4: Go ahead? Shane?
Speaker 8: So yeah, I was approved for them and got the got the car back. It was the end of the day when they were closing. I started driving a car and notice it was. The problem was still kind of there, slightly different, maybe like a little less profound grabbing. But within five minutes of driving it to the I went straight to the grocery store. Before I got to the grocery store, it was worse. It was grabbing worse, and the pedal was like kind of vibrating underneath my foot.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 8: So I just drove it directly home and then took it up there the next morning. Uh, they took it back in their shop to look at it to see what's wrong. And while they had it back in their shop that time, they said, well, we got the vibrating to stop and the grabbing to stop, but now you have to proach your whole force, whole weight on the break pedal to stop it, and the all these warning lights on, and so they're gonna They towed it over to another breaks plus across town, where it sat for two weeks.
Speaker 4: Well, now, what are they saying is wrong with it.
Speaker 8: So after the Breaks Plus Acrosstown couldn't figure it out for two weeks. They ended up been in towing it to Chevy down on South Broadway. That's where it's at right now. And Chevy told them they can't fix it. They don't make the part anymore. What is the part it's wrong. It's an ABS control module and for that part anymore, and it has to be it has to be then coded to the ends to the car.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Okay, hold on, I just want to get some input from these guys who are like shaking their heads like wow, this is crazy, but it sounds like this can happen, right guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I don't know what they could have done, you know, to it by doing a control arm.
Speaker 4: Well I'm not even saying the control arm did it. They might have misdiagnosed the control arm true.
Speaker 6: To begin with. There you go, Yeah, that's more likely.
Speaker 4: So here's the question. It's not their fault that part's not available, and I'm talking about Breaks Plus. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So what are you looking for? You're looking for them to pay off the financing and get a refund because they sold you something you didn't need is that where you're going?
Speaker 8: No, No, not at all. So they whatever the car was drivable when I brought it into them, they did something. They even told me. They tried bleeding the breaks. And after they tried bleeding the breaks, they realized that it was a self bleeding system with that car. So they did something to where in the time I brought it back to them to have it checked out, they did something to where they made the carbon drive.
Speaker 4: So wait a minute, and Shane, are you saying they're the ones that caused that module to fail.
Speaker 8: I mean there was no rights on. It was working.
Speaker 4: So when you brought it back, hold on, I just want to get this straight. So you had the work done. All they did was the control arm. Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Control arms and engine mount and uh.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they did that front end work. Then you pick it up and you're having pretty much the same problem. Yes or no?
Speaker 8: Pretty much?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay. Then you bring it back to them. But at that point, the first time you picked it up, there's no check engine light or brake lights or anything else going on. Yes or no? Correct, So then you bring it back and the first time you bring it back, did you bring it back to the same breaks Plus. Yes, and they basically work on it. Are they the ones that tow it to a different one or do they do the work and you come and pick it up.
Speaker 8: No, they towed it.
Speaker 4: They so it was apparently over their head. They couldn't figure it out. They brought it to another breaks Plus correct, and then that breaks Plus did what.
Speaker 8: They said, They tried to put in two different control modules and they and the first time they told me they got a faulty one and put in and then I mean, I've had this, okay.
Speaker 4: So but they put in two control modules that didn't fix it. Then what then they said?
Speaker 8: Then they took it to Chevy.
Speaker 4: They took it to Chevy.
Speaker 8: They had it towed to Chevy, and then it's a Chevy for another week and a half weeks.
Speaker 4: And then that's when Chevy. Chevy told you, or at least you heard from Chevy.
Speaker 8: That I had to go up there and actually they.
Speaker 4: Can't fix it because that part is no longer available.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 4: All right, So now one more question that I want to talk to these guys. What are you looking for?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, they they're admitting the fault by you know, they're willing to pay the value of the car. The problem is of the car. In their eyes, they're only willing to pay five thousand. I still owe ten thousand on the car. And I mean if I just take that five thousand, I still owe for the rest of the life.
Speaker 4: I am so glad I asked that question because really all that matters is whatever the value of the car is, it's not their fault. In fact, I got to tell you guys something. I'm shocked they took this responsibility.
Speaker 6: I can't believe they offered anything though.
Speaker 4: And they're saying, we'll give you the value of the car.
Speaker 6: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: It is amazing. I got to give a high five to Brakes plus. Now the value is the value, man. It doesn't matter what you think the value is, and it doesn't matter what they think the value is.
Speaker 7: Jeff, you have something, Yeah, I mean if he had totaled the car, his insurance company wouldn't give them the career you owe on the vehicle, just what the vehicle's work.
Speaker 4: Yes, So your your argument doesn't hold any water, Shane, because now if you're saying the value of the car is more than five thousand, we'll get somebody on to tell us what the value of that car is, and that's all he does for a living. I'll tell you exactly what the retail value of that car is, and that's what you deserve, plus whatever the sales tax is. That's what you deserve. Now, if you're telling me because you owe more than the value on the car, there's no argument there. It's not their fault your upside down on the car. Does that make sense.
Speaker 8: Even though they're the ones that rw in the car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, even though, But let's take it to a ridiculous Let's say someone snookered you out of one hundred thousand dollars for that car. That doesn't mean they owe you one hundred thousand dollars, But the same is for one dollar over. Let's do this. Let's get on petty details, and all I want from them I want to find out what the value of his car is. So not the year make miles Kelly, and we're going to find out exactly the value of that car. But it doesn't matter what you owe on a vehicle. It's unfortunate and it puts you in a bad position, but it doesn't it's not their fault. Your mistake is not there fall for overpay.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, two five five, I'm gonna jump right to Justin Petty. We're gonna get a true value of this vehicle. Basically an auto shop screwed up. They're willing to pay for the car because it literally can't be fixed at this point, so they're willing to give the guy money for it. His main question was he ohs ten grand, but they're saying the car is only worth five. It doesn't matter how much you owe on a vehicle. I don't care if you're in an accident and someone ran into you and you owe thirty thousand dollars but the vehicle is only worth fifteen. You're responsible for the difference. That's just how it works. I realized that other person put you in the situation, but it doesn't matter. Your mistake was to get so upside down in that vehicle. But let's go to Justin Petty. Hey, Justin, we gave you the stats. What kind of vehicle was it? By the way, guys fourteen Chevy Vault twenty fourteen? Is that an electric?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, so what is that thing? Worth?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 21: So I have that it's a hatchback rise a four door. It's got one hundred and forty thousand miles on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold on, let me get the caller back up because I don't know. Hey, Shane, is that a hatchback?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, they're all labeled as practice.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It is the premium package too, it so.
Speaker 4: It's the mac Daddy hatchback volt.
Speaker 9: Yep, YEP.
Speaker 21: One hundred and forty thousand miles correct, Yes, so probably getting close to nine thousand, ninety two hundred maybe really that's yeah. I mean if it's in really good condition. Okay, the condition can make a difference, but if it's in really good condition, that's a hybrid vehicle, so it can run on gas or electric.
Speaker 4: But you're regardless of what it is, you're saying that vehicle even in standard conditions probably eight nine.
Speaker 21: Well, I mean if it's an if it's an average condition, yeah, and not super super clean or something like that. You're talking six or seven on that vie.
Speaker 22: But if it can't be repaired, Mark, is it really in good condition?
Speaker 4: Yes, it is, because we're taking it at pre pre problem. Okay, what was it worth before or they messed it up? Not after they messed it up? So what kind of condition would you say it's in, Shane, I.
Speaker 8: Think it's in great condition. There's nobody damnitage I new.
Speaker 4: Its gonna say it's imperfect. It's the most biggest beautiful vault ever sold. Uh yeah, So here's the deal. Let's just take here's what you got to do. I'm going to give you. Kelly's going to give you this guy's information. Okay, justin petty. This is all they do. He can do a report for you. That's almost impossible to argue. When he does a report, he's going to show how much they sell for in this area and have real examples. They're not going to be arguing with you. So if you're able to get that report from Justin, you need to give it over to breaks plus and say, here's the deal. This is what it's worth. I agree, under no circumstances are going to be worth ten thousand, but it's definitely worth more than the five thousand they're offering. So Justin, I don't know how you work on something like that. You're not dealing with an insurance company. It's a shop that made that car undrivable because they broke apart. That is tied to the VEN number and cannot be replaced. Literally, that vehicle got ruined because they ruined apart. That's no longer manufactured on it. So I don't know what you would charge. What do you think he would need in his case like this, Well.
Speaker 21: That's a What he needs to do is yes, call and talk to me about Okay, let's do it. We're complicated and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: We'll yeah, let me let me put you both on Holden. By the way, that's uh petty details Diminished valueexpert dot com. Diminished Valueexpert dot com, Shane, I want you to call out to him and then follow up with us, and then if they don't want to pay you what his report actually says, because I trust just in big time. If they don't want to step up to the plate after they acknowledge they ruined it, but they're off wring you not enough, then we'll get involved with breaks. Plus and I know some of the guys over there in fact, that is it still Larry? Do you guys know if he's still the owner? Anybody? I mean, I haven't talked to him for years, but I knew him back in the day. So anyhow, that's the bottom line, Shane David, real quick, what's your question on this engine? What's the problem?
Speaker 16: Yeah, So I'm wondering, can I work out something with Kevin to do some work on my truck? If I clean his toilets or something?
Speaker 4: Oh? Sure you can. You can you get me a new engine?
Speaker 6: You might want to inspect those toilets before you make that. Careful what you wish for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you might be he might make out better.
Speaker 16: Now I want to know about the motor transmission and the whole thing, like the exhaust break suspension. It's a two thousand and eight with a five point three Vortech. We've had it since it only had like twenty thousand miles.
Speaker 4: What do you want to know about it though? How much you would cost to replace all that? What's the question?
Speaker 16: Well, so is it better to go with a remand or a CRATE type motor? And then there's the costs and the warranty.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry you're doing so hold on, you're you're doing the motor and you're doing the whole power train basically.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I mean the truck is in really good savor. It's still running good right now, but it's not going to last forever. It's got almost three hundred thousand Oh.
Speaker 6: Wow, good for you. Yeah, I would definitely go to CRATE because you get an awesome warranty four year, hundred thousand mile and most of the components.
Speaker 4: And the CRATE being right from the manufacturer.
Speaker 6: Either that or through LKQ or one of the major.
Speaker 4: Save a little money through LKQ.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I may not have one in stock at that age, so that's why.
Speaker 4: We go to But you can price it out for this guy, absolutely absolutely, All right, do you want to do the transmission to Dave?
Speaker 6: Might as well? Yeah, three thousand miles might as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, you're putting a lot of money into that. Hold on, I gotta take this break three oh three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a cent on till you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 4: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right, listen three oh three seven one three eight two five five one clear Choice Doors dot Com. If you need a new garage door, maybe at hail damage recently and the garage doors on there. These guys got all kinds of beautiful garage doors. And let me tell you this, they're openers, these belt driven openers. Starting it under five hundred dollars installed. It's a great company. We've been talking about Chappie and the guys at one clear Choice Doors dot Com for a long time and they have locations up and down the front range and then the other one I want to remind you of is fix it twenty four seven with that guaranteed. Listen to this. I love this part. They'll come out and do a second opinion for absolutely free. Maybe somebody gave you an estimate for a new air conditioner or a two or three thousand dollars repair on your furnace. These guys will do a free second opinion. You have to do it. I've seen prices on say, a water heater from fifteen hundred bucks, same exact one from a different company for six thousand dollars. That free second opinion is worth its weight in gold. Go to fixmihome dot com. That's fix my home dot com. Now where did we leave off here? We had the guy with the engine, so Kevin, you can basically give him a yeah.
Speaker 6: If he calls the shop, we need the ven number and everything, will give me a written estimate. Tell him exactly how much.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's Do you think it's smart putting all that money into that vehicle? I mean, you're a new truck cost you know, I don't sixty seventy thousand, Oh no kidding, you know?
Speaker 6: So if you drop twelve thirteen fourteen into this. I mean, you're way ahead of it.
Speaker 4: So David, that's it. Just give give Kevin a call over there and then maybe he will trade out with you clean into the bathrooms. Yeah, that would be kind of cool. Three O three seven to one three A two five five. By the way, don't forget help at troubleshooter dot com. That number works all the time. Uh number. That email works all the time, of course in three oh three, Martino, that number works even during the weekends. You got questions, give us a call. Worse scenario, you leave a message, we'll call you back and then let's go to this Mario, real quick. What's your question on stocks? Mario?
Speaker 23: Oh hi Mario?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's your question?
Speaker 14: Sir?
Speaker 13: Mile?
Speaker 23: Who has this phone?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 4: And he has his stock market on his phone?
Speaker 23: I just wanted to.
Speaker 16: Make sure if it's legit or if it's accurate.
Speaker 4: I have no idea what it is. What does that mean? He has a stock market on his phone? It's an app? What app?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know.
Speaker 16: That's what I was gonna ask you.
Speaker 4: Then I would have no idea if it's legit or not. Get his information. He needs to find out what app we're talking about, Kelly. I mean, I don't even have another question for him. There's a lot of legit ones I have, Charles Schwab app it's legit. I mean, there's a ton of legit ones. I just got to know what you're dealing with. Robert. What's going on with you? Hey, Robert, what's going on with your clutch?
Speaker 23: It's a brand new clutch, a double disk. And when I picked it up two weeks ago on Wednesday, they told me it worked just fine. I went to move it and you couldn't drive it into two gears first and second vibration. It's so bad.
Speaker 4: And so did you bring it back to the shop and what did they say?
Speaker 23: It's just sitting there. I went there yesterday and the first thing he said was, oh, you come to give me some money?
Speaker 4: Come to give you some money? Did you not pay for the whole repair? Yet?
Speaker 8: I did?
Speaker 4: So what is mean? Did you come to give me some money? You got to shed some light on it. I feel like I'm playing a game of what's the one with the ship? You try to sink battleship.
Speaker 23: Because they got to pull the they got to pull the training back out of it.
Speaker 4: So, but they just did the clutch.
Speaker 23: They want to charge me for the whole job.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on, hold on, So Jeff, just hearing what you did. You're the transmission guy. What do you mean to pull it out?
Speaker 7: I mean it's the same conversation we had earlier. They did something wrong. It should be a warranty issue. Yeah, so a decent shop should you know? If they say it's got to come back out there's something wrong with the clutch, or there's something wrong with their installation, then that's on their.
Speaker 4: They want you to pay up front.
Speaker 23: Uh, No, I paid when I picked it up.
Speaker 4: No, hold on, hold on, We're on a little different path here, Robert. So you brought it back because it's simply not working, and you dropped it off there. Then they simply said to you, where's the money?
Speaker 6: Well, no, let's do this.
Speaker 4: I want to give you a plenty of time and I want to help you. I'm going to put a deputy on this. If it's everything you're telling us, and we're going to pick up on this Monday. We're going to try to get to shop on and figure out what's going on. Three Zho three Martino, don't forget that works all the time. Everybody have a great weekend.