Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: What was that saying, if you're young and conservative, you have no heart.
Speaker 1: If you're old and liberal, you have no brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Isn't that the old saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's another one. If you're young and hung you do very well in bo. Do I have that wrong?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, and now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Here's Bill Handle. Good morning, everybody handle here in the morning.
Speaker 5: Crew.
Speaker 4: It's the Thursday, February twentieth. All right, a couple of things. Okay, my headsets going in and out here for a moment. I love those promos because one of the things that I like about this show is things come out of my mouth and people will say I never expected that, and I go, I never expected that, Neil.
Speaker 3: You've known me for thirty years.
Speaker 4: How often does my brain actually engage before my mouth? Oh?
Speaker 1: I can see it.
Speaker 2: I can see things coming out of your mouth and then your eyes go hey, did I say that out loud?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So between that and the little bits of frettata, it's a lot of ducking.
Speaker 3: It certainly is all right. So good morning, Neil, Good morning, will he Wolf and.
Speaker 5: And good morning, good morning, cono, yeah, Amy, yay, Hey, and Will certainly last and certainly least Hey, well, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: I keep on forgetting to say good morning to Will on regular basics. I don't see him, you know. And when I'm in my studio at at home, there's no camera at Will that's pointed at Will, so he doesn't exist here. When I come to the studio, Will walks in the door. Oh okay, Will's here. I'll get a Will hand puppet. Yeah. So also Will used to be up in the airplane. It would be Kfi in the sky. And now Will is KFI on the fourth floor of no We referred.
Speaker 1: To him as Kfi. Just a guy.
Speaker 3: Oh very good. Yeah, oh okay, not bad, not bad, all right. So we've got everybody here.
Speaker 4: It's a Thursday, February the twentieth, and some fun stuff going on today. Joe Larsgard how to money at eight o'clock, which we do every Thursday.
Speaker 3: Let me get my copy. Here, here we go, and.
Speaker 4: At eight fifteen O'Kelly, we've got some Pixar news coming up. And I happen to have a I am a big fan of Pixar.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, ready to do it? You got it.
Speaker 4: Handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story to show you what kind of cockroaches Hamas is. Per the agreement that Hamas and Israel have set up and agreed to the remains for Israeli hostages, including a woman and her two children, the little ones. The father was released, the whole family was picked up. The mom and the two little babies were murdered. And what Hamas did is they return the remains and how do they return it? There was a stage, Yeah, there was this theatrical this turnover. There was music, triumphant music playing in the background. Hamas fighters surrounding this. There were Hebrew signs, a cartoon of Netanyahu. I tell you, if I was a praisely, I would just turn around and just rebomb everything. I would just take out every building that was left in Lebanon, excuse me, in Gaza. And to make the point said Netta, who said, we're not going to stop until we wipe out Hamas, until it's no longer an entity of any kind. Well, there are your hundreds and hundreds of Hamas fighters in brand new uniforms, people living in rags on the street. But they are crisp, well ironed and just to the te fabulous uniforms.
Speaker 3: And that was all part of it.
Speaker 4: And this is I mean triumphant music playing as the confidence of babies are being exchanged. And I tell you and netsonow, who's war cabinet? It is a war cabinet. A lot of them don't want to have any kind of peace. I just I would now Hamas is going to declare victory. It already has. Hamas has declared victory because victory, in their eyes is not succumbing to the Israeli pressure. If Israel is out to destroy Hamas and Hamas is not destroyed, it is a win.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: The fact that ninety percent of the Palestinians in guys that do not have a home and will not for a generation or two, small price to pay.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, so much for that. I get it. I get really exercise over this stuff. I really do.
Speaker 1: Didn't notice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the ultimate in fake news, that's what Ukraine's president Zelensky is saying that Trump is spewing. He said that the president is living in a Russian made disinformation space. Zelensky said he would like Trump's team to be more truthful. That was his first big response to a series of claims and accusations made by President Trump earlier, where Trump said that Zelensky was a dictator without elections and suggested that he was to blame for the war.
Speaker 3: That I don't think he suggested it. He said it.
Speaker 4: He said outright, Ukraine started this war, and also talked about Zelensky being a dictator in the sense that they have not had elections since the war started?
Speaker 6: Can they Can they have elections during a war?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course you can. Yeah, civil war we had.
Speaker 4: Do you know that the Civil War that elections went on as right in the middle of the Civil War, there were elections in this country and it couldn't be more divisive than that a time. Sure, you just have elections, but most countries would not, and they did. And I don't know how was Zelenski did to legally stop the election or if there was a parliament, I don't know how they did or would part of the provision of constitution if there is one.
Speaker 3: But Trump technically is right.
Speaker 4: If you don't have an election and someone stays in power, I guess that is a dictatorship. Now, of course, Putin is freely elected, and strangely that the people that all the people that run against them tend to be dead. They end up not to show up. So well, it's like remember about Saddam Hussein. He ran for the president of Iraq over and over and over again, sometimes winning one hundred and five percent of the vote, sometimes winning more than that.
Speaker 3: And god forbid if you didn't vote. Those were elections.
Speaker 4: Putin's are the same veins, So come on, I mean, and here's the part that it just drives me crazy is that some Republican senators and congress people are saying, I mean, that's a little bit too far. Others right, A nine, that's right. Ukraine started this war, that's right. Didn't you see the mobilization? Did you see the tanks? Ukraine started this war? Okay, where do you go with that?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Not quite two commercials yet, we'll do one more, all right.
Speaker 2: The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals blocked Trump the Trump administration's ban on birth order immigration from taking force on Wednesday, So a bit of a legal blow that can kick the issue in the hands of the Supreme Court.
Speaker 4: Tell you what I think is gonna happen. I don't think court's even going to hear it. Really, yeah, I don't think on what ground. First of all, the constitution fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution says outright, anybody born in the United States is a citizen thereof, and it has been interpreted. The Court has already ruled on that saying that's exactly the case. So the lower court said no birthright denial of birthright citizenship. The Appeals Court just came down unanimously and said no to the Trump the policy that Trump is initiated, which is supposed to start on when are we supposed to start I think this week where people who were born states of people who are illegal are not citizens.
Speaker 3: That was supposed to start. That's been held up by the courts.
Speaker 4: And what happens is the Supreme Court, when it doesn't even want to deal with it or just doesn't think it's an important case, just says, no, we're not taking it, which means the Appeals court the decision that in fact prevails.
Speaker 3: So he's going no place with this. No place may be kind of.
Speaker 4: Sort of a legal argument, but the court has just knocked it down over and over again. For example, the argument I always make about the Second Amendment, How about the militia language? Is that involved at all? Should we even consider what a militia is? And is a militia a national guard? Is the militia some kind of armed services? Nope, we don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, then should you ask on the Fourteenth Amendment about what jurisdiction is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the court has basically decided to ignore that. Supreme Court like they did on the militia clause of the Second Amendment. Of course already said we don't want to pay attention that. Okay, done, all right, So that's what's happening. So the Trump administration is not going to win on that one, There's no way, because it doesn't. By the way, I don't necessarily disagree either, because I don't believe in anchor babies, people coming to the United States so their kids become United States citizens for the sole reason and doing so illegally. I'm not a huge wonderful fan of that either.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, dead people apparently are not getting paid. The new head of the Social Security Administration said that deceased centenarians are not necessarily receiving benefits, which contradicts claims that tens of millions of people dead and over the age of one hundred are getting payments of Social Security checks. Lee Dudek is the new acting Social Security Administrator or Administration Commissioner. He was put in place by President Trump, and he said that improper payments may have been made in including some to dead people, but the numbers thrown out by Trump and Elon Muster any interviews saying that millions were still getting paychecks is not accurate.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, what was that?
Speaker 4: The claim that must made that we're saving eight billion dollars in immediate savings and it turned out to be eight million dollars that were saved by some move he made. Okay, soar off a little bit billion million, Eh whatever. Yeah, I still have to see and I'm waiting for this because I know there's fraud in wage.
Speaker 3: You can't have an organization.
Speaker 4: Like the US government with two point three million employees and not have some screw up somewhere. It's impossible. I'd like to see some massive fraud. I'd like to even see some moderate fraud, saying come on, you know, show me the beef. Where's the money. I haven't seen it yet, so we have Yeah, we'll see. And by the way, maybe it doesn't even matter. Maybe if you say it enough, it's true.
Speaker 1: Wow, didn't that work in Nazi Germany?
Speaker 3: Uh? That did?
Speaker 6: All?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does in general. Case in point, Gulf of America. I just I was just thinking about that. If you hear Gulf of America long enough, it's not the Gulf of Mexico anymore. At first, when I heard Gulf of America, I was jarring. It was like someone had just grabbed me and thrown me against the wag. Go wait a minute, Golf of America. That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: Now it's starting to sort of get comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time I hear Bill Handle attorney at law, I get that same kind of weird that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: I get that same kind of weird.
Speaker 1: So, all right, New York has some happenings.
Speaker 2: You've got the embattled mayor Eric Adams there in New York City proclaimed his it is since just yesterday before a federal judge considering a judge a Justice Department motion to dismiss corruption charges against him. But the judges holding off on making that decision yet.
Speaker 3: How once's his election up? Is it next year? Is he running next year for reelection.
Speaker 1: Not sure.
Speaker 3: I don't know how he was going to win this. Forget about the politics of this, you know, whether right left.
Speaker 4: But here's New York City, one of the biggest sanctuary cities, both not on German size but in terms of philosophy. Mayor Adams, a traditional liberalist liberal, is up looking at convictions investigations for selling the city office. And from what I understand, they had him. They had him, and all of a sudden, he becomes Trump's best friend, goes against the immigration policy and says, now I'm pro ice coming in and picking up people. And the Justice Department is dropping its case against him because it was a federal prosecution of corruption. How does he win the election after this?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: We talked about him being forcibly removed from office by the governor, what never happened before.
Speaker 3: But he'll be done. It's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 6: By the way, the election is not that far off. He's up for reelection in November this year.
Speaker 4: Okay, how's he going to win? That makes even more And I don't know not the way it looks like.
Speaker 7: Now, what is a girl? What is a boy? Thank god? We finally have an explanation.
Speaker 6: The federal government released new guidelines regarding sex based definitions the administration, according to new Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior, is that the administration is bringing back common sense and restoring biological truths to the federal government. The memo defines terms such as sex a person's immutable biological classification as either male or female.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 4: Now, realistically, what the Feds have to do with it? Because no birth certificates are federally issued, right, they go, what we your original birth certificate? So let's say I don't even know if this is possible, but say you have a sex change and you want to get your birth certificate amended.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if you can do this.
Speaker 4: I just I know you can get your If you're an adoptive kid or adoptive parents, the parents can get a birth certificate reissued in the name of the parents so that the child never even can may not even ever know that he or she has adopted. We do that in step parent adoptions all day long. When I did it in surrogate parenting, that the adopting mom, we amended the birth certificate and it became her and the dad. The surrogate had nothing to say with it or nothing to do with it. So I'm just wondering if you can do that, and who checks on those? I don't know the answer to that, is this just a philosophical conversation.
Speaker 3: Who knows? I think a lot of us do with.
Speaker 4: Sports, transgender and sports, and you know what you were born and what you were not born with? Brains in my case or if I only had a heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Panama is detaining in a hotel. There nearly three other people from various countries deported under President Trump. So at this point they're not allowing them to leave while waiting for international authorities to kind of iron everything out organize the return to their countries. More than forty percent of the migrants authorities say won't voluntarily return to their homeland.
Speaker 4: And if the countries won't accept them, where do they go. You can't deport someone into a country where the country says no, thank you, not coming into my country.
Speaker 1: Well, how does that work?
Speaker 3: I don't even know. I'm thinking about that. So someone is being deported, right they land in Panama City.
Speaker 1: But can't you just prove that they're from there. This is their Oh.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that matters.
Speaker 4: I think that a country can simply say no, I'm not taking I'm not taking this deportee.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happens under international law.
Speaker 4: But if you're talking about deporting one hundred Mexicans on a bus or two buses, mecha, and you go to the border, Mexico has to accept them. Other way, I can just or stop them at the border, say no, thank you, you're not coming in. Now what does the United States do?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: What does any country do? I guess you just throw them on the sidewalk, you pull up, and they just get off the bus and they just sit there and they are no man's land. Don't know the answer, although, because the United States is so powerful, the countries are lining up, falling into place, even to the point where Nicaragua is willing to take non Nicaraguans in pending whatever happens to them judicially.
Speaker 6: All right, Mexico's ask for a little help from its friends, apparently. President Claudia Scheinbaum says that surveillance drones flown by the US government over Mexico are happening in collaboration with and at the request of her government. President Trump had threatened twenty five percent tariffs on Mexican imports if they didn't crack down more on the border and the drug problems. And they've stepped up and have put National Guard troops on the border and are saying, hey, help us out, get those drones, help find the drugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to move the argument that Mexico United States are in lockstep with each other in terms of the drug the fentanyl being brought in and droves by the cartels, etc. There was first an argument, this is sovereignty. You're invading our sovereignty. You heard that from certain certain circles within Mexico. American military drones flying in our country notwithstanding for any reason, and shine bombs and no know they did.
Speaker 3: It because we asked them to do it.
Speaker 4: So goes to show you when the president speaks, boy, do people listen across the board?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: US Secretary of State Marco Rubio will skip a two day meeting of foreign ministers from the leading rich and developing nations starts today, But apparently he criticized the host of the event, South Africa's policies as anti American, So maybe he's going to sit this one out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very pro Palestinian.
Speaker 4: South Africa very much pro Palestinian and hates Israel and hates the States.
Speaker 3: The United States loves Israel.
Speaker 1: How'd that happen?
Speaker 3: It's really interesting what happens because you've got.
Speaker 4: The anti apartment apartheid type, and when you have a lot of Third world countries, especially ones that were created where there was incredible colonization or suppression of the populace, like South Africa with the whites that were the way the blacks were te did wow.
Speaker 3: Se'm historically a little bit of history for US.
Speaker 4: Is that they tend to go to the oppressed people. Those around the world that are truly oppressed read Palestinians. Third world countries all line up in favor of in favor of the Palestinians versus Israel across the board General Assembly. I mean, if General Assembly had power, you would never see the United States going any place. So anyway, that's South Africa hates the United States, and so Rubio was saying, Okay, I'm not coming, won't play your game.
Speaker 7: Big cuts are coming.
Speaker 6: Defense Secretary peak heag Seth has told several different areas of the military they need to start planning for cuts. They're looking to cut budgets by about eight percent for all departments over the next five years, with the exception of border security.
Speaker 4: Now this is the left hand not knowing what the right hands is doing, because first of all, the proposal is to increase the budget by one hundred billion dollars that next year for the military, which Trump wants and Congress wants. And now you're getting something from Pete hex says saying no, we're going to decrease the budget.
Speaker 3: Hunt all within the same week. So I think, and this time is why.
Speaker 4: I think with a lot of new administrations, sort of as they figure who's saying what and where it contradicts each other.
Speaker 3: But I think that what's happening on these rounds, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: So KFC, formerly known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, well they're leaving the k part. They're leaving Kentucky. So Young Brands announced just Tuesday the KFC's corporate headquarters is leaving Kentucky and moving to Texas, going to join their sister brand, Pizza Huts offices there in that little suburb of Dallas, Plano, Texas Lanoy No Plano.
Speaker 3: I thanks plant, I know, yeah, and their business.
Speaker 4: I'm reading the story from CNN business five percent drop in sales last year because you got Popeye wingstop raising canes, which I like his going. I like crazy because the KFC is insanely expensive. It may be the most overpriced chickens that you could possibly get out.
Speaker 1: There, very bougie chickens, very.
Speaker 4: Bougee chickens, especially when you ask them without the feathers.
Speaker 3: You want the drum sticks, and that costs even more.
Speaker 2: I bought three foot long sandwiches, two bags of chips, one soda the other day at subway and it was forty six dollars or something.
Speaker 1: Is is that not?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: When did that happen? That's creepy, isn't that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, and one of them didn't have any topics. One was just ham and cheese from a boy.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: U maybe trying to sideline lawsuit. It's Delta says it's going to write a check to everybody who was on board that regional jet that crashed and flipped upside down at Toronto's airport thirty thousand dollars. They say it's no strings attached and does not affect rights.
Speaker 7: So maybe they can still soon.
Speaker 3: Oh they can and they will. This is just a straight pr move.
Speaker 4: Or maybe I don't know if I could actually say this and believe it myself. Maybe someone said, hey, it's just the right thing to do. No matter what happens. These folks have to the family have to bury somebody or they have to No, no one died, but the family has to deal with this, and people had to fly for them.
Speaker 3: People who are taking to the hospital.
Speaker 4: The family members of course wherever they were from, flew in to meet with them and or.
Speaker 3: To stay with them. And maybe they just said, you know what, we're going to just do the right thing.
Speaker 2: Do they still believe it was the winds or something, or they don't know yet. I be hearing on do we know who thet is? Well a pilot team, No, they were.
Speaker 4: Giving big kudos, big kudos for not only flying it correctly, But it looked like it came in very very hard. But it looked like the wheels if you was watching a commentator, a pilot commentator upon it, so you watch the plane goes in and the wheels collapse. Now, was that a problem with the plane itself? Was there some defect? Was there an issue with maintenance or was it so hard the landing was so hard that it would cause the wheels collapse under any circumstances. We don't know yet, but they're not jumping in conclusions on this one.
Speaker 2: All right, So Sean Diddy Combs is moving to dismiss the federal charge, arguing states the statute's racist origins. Rather, so, he and his team says that he's been singled out because he's a powerful black man and that no white person has ever been the target of a remotely similar prosecution.
Speaker 4: Which is violation of the Man Act taking a minor across four purposes of sex. And by the way, when Glene Maxwell was convicted of this, she also argued that she was a black man who was a successful, successful black man, and that the prosecution was going after her just because she was same argument, how about, hey, just say you didn't do it, Say you did. Try to throw some defense, but you're gonna really argue it's because I'm a successful black guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you do it?
Speaker 4: Well, that's incidental this whole process, right, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's move on.
Speaker 6: Zebras apparently do not change their stripes. A guy who is a sex offender dating back thirty or twenty years, who was featured on the TV show To Catch a Predator, has been arrested again, this time in Orange County on suspicion of sexually assaulting a minor. Officials aren't giving a lot of details, but they say that he was arrested in Garden Grove February third, sixty three year old Robert Salinis. It involves a victim between fourteen and fifteen years old. It happened on New Year's Day, so back in two thousand and seven when they got him, he was sending messages to what he thought was a thirteen year old girl promising to bring sandwiches an ice cream tour at home, but instead he walked into a sting investigation and got busted.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's going to go to trial because they have him on videotape saying yeah, I did it, and I asked forgiveness, not for this particularly, but for the previous episode. Now, normally that would not be introduced as evidence, but it can be introduced as a proof of a habit prior.
Speaker 3: Habit, so that's gonna be brought in. Wow, yep, I did it. Oh forgive me forgive me, forgive me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing worse than Chris Hansen walking in on you when you have a six pack of Dave's Hard lemonade and condoms. It's like, oh, I was I was here for coming to see their mother.
Speaker 3: You remember that show? I mean I saw that show.
Speaker 4: If you have a few episodes of that is still around, by the way, catch printer, I think it's been off.
Speaker 3: The air for a while.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of those shows didn't do the help that you think they did. I talked to some people in the FBI who dealt with crimes against minors and sex crimes and stuff, and they said, because they're not doing it, you know, dotting every I and crossing every T. I don't know this to be true, is what I was told. That a lot of times these people would get get off or they wouldn't get prosecuted and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're an idiot.
Speaker 4: Well, anybody who is stupid enough to get caught up in one of these if let's say you or I, which we're not going to, but any normal person with half a brain walks in and there's a TV camera, you just shut up and get the hell out of there.
Speaker 3: They start talking and explaining.
Speaker 4: I saw if you were the guy was trying to talk his way out of it, and it's a TV camera rolling you, moron, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: We'll see a lot of that played into why they couldn't prosecute them later because of the circumstances whatever.
Speaker 3: So anyway, he's going down.
Speaker 1: But don't they.
Speaker 2: Find isn't that the issue that they find that they're recidivism and all of that, that there's sex offenders or sex offenders are sex offenders and that's the issue.
Speaker 1: There's no way to.
Speaker 4: That has been the that's been sort of the mantra of the sex offender prosecution model, and that is the recidivism rate is very very high relative to other crimes.
Speaker 3: And I don't even know that.
Speaker 4: And I know we're sort of spinning here because we're way way under time that we have.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? I'm I'm just chatting old pal, Yeah, asking questions.
Speaker 3: And can you look this one up?
Speaker 4: Recidivism rate of petos, Yes, pedos a relative to other major crimes.
Speaker 3: And so while we're doing that, everybody, I want you.
Speaker 1: To move to the next story.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, So Andrew Lester, Kansas City man who pleaded guilty of felony assault in the second degree for the shooting of Ralph Yarrel.
Speaker 1: He died while awaiting sentence.
Speaker 2: Clay County Prosecutor Attorney Zachary Thompson announced on Wednesday, we've learned of the passing of Andrew Lester and extend our sincere condolences to his family during this difficult time.
Speaker 4: Remember that case where we had this guy coming to pick up a couple of kids to a birthday party, just went to the wrong address that's shut and was shot.
Speaker 1: This was a black teenager, right.
Speaker 4: And Lester, white guy. Old white guy shot him through the door. And I think the problem was his defense was well, I didn't know. I thought I was being broken into the house being broken into. Then he walked outside and shot him again. That's where he was going to get nailed. So that initial self defense, I don't know how far that went. But anyway, he's die. He's dead completely. So he saved the state a bunch of money. And do you have that information yet? No?
Speaker 7: But Amy does.
Speaker 2: Oh, all right, Amy's on it.
Speaker 4: I had asked Ann to do that, so I'm not conflating you too.
Speaker 6: So what I'm seeing is not a comparison of recidivism for pedophiles versus others, but for pedophiles specifically, the recidivism rate is about forty two percent.
Speaker 3: That's astronomically high. That is really high.
Speaker 7: Are reconvicted of sex crimes?
Speaker 3: How about murder?
Speaker 4: I mean, while we're at it, because we have a couple of minutes as we're looking this up, dude, do do do this my jeopardy?
Speaker 3: This is talk radio at its best, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Really yes, So how are those dodgers doing?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: Now, we've got a lot on the tables. Usually have twelve stories, I know we usually do. But that's okay.
Speaker 6: So what recidivism rates for murders are very low? Two percent? Okay, rate of rearrest for murder after five years, but the rate of rearrest for any crime is fifty four.
Speaker 7: So that's that's looping and everything like petty theft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we don't know.
Speaker 4: It's kind of it's apples and oranges, depending on which one you're stealing or shoplifting apples or oranges.
Speaker 3: It all makes sense.
Speaker 4: So what we're to do today, just as a quick promo of what's going to happen. I've got a couple of topics, so I'm going to share with you. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Seven twenty, I'm gonna do is story on the fires, another sidebar story on the fires the aftermath of the fires. Because we're going to see a lot of those kinds of stories. This one's really interesting. It's called building super Adobees. What's a super adobe. I'll tell you about that at seven twenty, and then at seven thirty. This is a story out of my own backyard. The city of Los Angeles is being sued, as you know, by so many of the people were victims of the fire, arguing that the fire trucks weren't there enough.
Speaker 3: You had that reservoir, I mean, goes over and over.
Speaker 4: And the law firm they hired, which is one of the better law firms in the United States, the partners charge one nine.
Speaker 3: Hundred and seventy five dollars an hour.
Speaker 4: And I'm saying, my god, you know when I started practicing, Oh, no, decimal was wrong. I was at nineteen dollars and seventy five cents an hour.
Speaker 3: This is just the decimal moved over a little bit.
Speaker 1: So is that the city that has hired those attorney.
Speaker 3: Cities hired this off firm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, city attorneys don't have the expertise for this. I mean, this is really really about as special as I should can go. And I'll talk about this later on, because can you imagine actually being able to justify nineteen hundred and seventy five dollars an hour? Oh, by the way, that's a discount. If they that's a discount. Did they shop around or they just go to the first person? No, they shopped around and this and there's a lot that is taxpayer money it has to get. Oh yeah, of course taxpayer money.
Speaker 3: Of course it is.
Speaker 4: But I'll explain why it sort of has to happen that way anyway, all right, KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 4: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.