Speaker 1: Oh, Wimbo Kelly one, kay Am.
Speaker 2: Six live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app got bad news.
Speaker 3: Yankees have just scored another run.
Speaker 2: They're up seven to four in the bottom of the eighth inning over the Dodgers first and third with one out. We're continuing to monitor that hopefully won't get any worse, but it's not looking good for the Dodgers at the moment.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk a little bit about TV, the business, and probably a show that you have been watching, or it seems many people have been watching. There is the show Mattlock. If you say Mattlock to me, I think of Andy Griffith nineteen eighty six to nineteen ninety five. I really like that show. And I thought that generally you don't remake classics, you don't remake cult classics. And I think that applies to TV shows as well. Yankees just hit a home run ten to four. Damn it. But when you do it's Historically I always thought that it was a cheap way of of a studio to make money. We've had any number of remakes of TV shows like A Swat or Hawaii five to Zho or they even did them a guiver any a night court, don't forget the equalizer equalizer, and it's been hit or miss. Some of them have had moderate success, some of them have hung around and they've stood on their own legs and been, you know, develop audiences on their own merit. But by and large, I don't like it. It feels dirty to me. I mentioned Matlock because from what I've seen, it is a multi platform hit. Maybe it's because Kathy Bates brings something completely fresh and people don't remember Metlock, or they don't perceive it in the same way that I do. Mark you know TV as well as anyone in this building, maybe even better. Where do you come out on these these remake reboot TV shows?
Speaker 4: I'm with you, I really, I'm not ashamed to admit that I like the old Mattlock and I'm under the age of eighty. Andy Griffith was a terrific actor and if you ever ever doubt that, watch a movie called A Face in the Crowd and it will blow your hair back. I haven't seen the new Mattlock. I obviously Kathy Baits is a terrific actress, but I am prejudiced against a number of remakes. I haven't watched the Queen Latifa Equalizer.
Speaker 3: Either.
Speaker 4: They might be good, but I just it's a hard sell for me because I like the originals.
Speaker 2: My thing is, obviously, there's so much time that's in between the Andy Griffith version and the Kathy Bates version that you're not going to have a real overlap in audiences.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: You know, if your core demographic is not going to be the folks who are fifty five and older who remember the Andy Griffith one, yeah they're all dead right, Okay, thank you for saying that. But at the same time, just call it something else, you know.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. Yeah, make up something new. If you're going to change something that much, just make a new show. But you know they're not going to do that though. You know they're going to keep dipping into that well, and a generation from now there'll be yet another Mattlock. It might be like a young person of color with face piercings. You don't know.
Speaker 2: Now, Sometimes they're really really, really bad, and I hate to step on people's toes, but the Night Court was really bad, was really really bad.
Speaker 4: I mean it, it was god awful. Well, sometimes these remakes all they do is make you appreciate how good the original was and how good the people in the original was. Harry Anderson was funny. No, that whole cast was funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, Marshall Warfield was a stand up comedian in her own right. So you look at that cast, John Larrocat Markey Posts, all of them were formidable individually.
Speaker 4: I can't say that about the remake update. This is some John learricket trivia. Did you know that he did the narration for the Texas Chainsaw massacre?
Speaker 3: I did not know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't either until not long ago. But not to get you off track, I've only seen the New night Court without the sound on while I was working in the news booth, and there's nothing about it that appealed to me. I mean that that's pretty prejudice though.
Speaker 2: And the only reason that I even wanted to look at it once was to see did it have any of the chemistry which was reminiscent of the original. The type of chemistry that you can't create is just has to be something special.
Speaker 3: Within that cast.
Speaker 2: We saw it in Cheers, We saw it in Frasier as an extension of Cheers.
Speaker 3: You see it in Wings.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of TV shows with a cast is funny because they have a rhythm all their own and it can't be duplicated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just the last couple of nights I was watching a documentary about the making of Star Trek the Next Year Generation, a show that I was one hundred percent against and never really bonded with because I like the original show. But that found its audience like a lot of these do.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, And I would say it found as audience, and it was a completely different show.
Speaker 3: It was from the same universe.
Speaker 4: It was such a different show that they froze out the creator of the original.
Speaker 2: Show that too, But I've yet to find And I don't mind the Equalizer with Queen Latifa. I don't mind it, but I don't actually think of it as a remake of the original Equalizer.
Speaker 3: There's to me, there's nothing similar about it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's also be honest here, it's much more fun to say the name Edward Woodward. Okay, just sit around and say Edward Woodward. Queen Latifa gives you no such satisfaction.
Speaker 3: Edward woodword. Yeah, but she's like a macall.
Speaker 2: She's the Acall version of of Equalizer, which is weird because we're not exactly sure they've actually played with the idea of making a part of the Denzil universe.
Speaker 3: That there is some relation.
Speaker 1: There is the rare occasion where there is a show that was okay, if we're being honest with ourselves in its original iteration, that becomes better when it's remade. And I would say that was Battlestar Galactica. Bottlestar Galactica, it was a fan favorite one when we were but but the revise, the renew Battlestar, well, it was much.
Speaker 3: Much better with Edward James. Almost. Yes, I like that.
Speaker 2: I preferred the Lorne Green one, as campy and silly as it could have been at times, I preferred the original.
Speaker 4: I thought we knew each other. This is shocking to me. We do, and I knew this is good.
Speaker 3: Shocking.
Speaker 2: Look, I couldn't. I couldn't ever get into the remake, as well as an intention as it was.
Speaker 4: I thought the remake was so much better because they took it seriously, they didn't camp it up, and everything right down to the Baron McCrary score was superior to the And I knew the original really well back back in the old days when when we were just tots, I made audio cassettes of those because we didn't have you know, a Beta Max or anything like that. And I was also jealous because I couldn't get my kinky hair to feather like Starbuck and Apollo. Look think of it this way. I remember Lost in Space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I thought the one on Netflix was very good, but it didn't have the same feel.
Speaker 1: That one was so different from the just the lost and face on Netflix that was just like a sci fi venture show with the family.
Speaker 3: And it would have been fine. And yeah, that's kind of my point.
Speaker 4: I think I wrote about that for the rap and the thing, You've got to have a Doctor Smith and a Will Robinson because they weren't the original.
Speaker 1: A compelling updated versions of the characters. Because they had those characters, they weren't as compelling or nowhere near as interesting, and there their play against each other wasn't as as questionable serious BELI. It was just kind of like, Okay, I mean I get that they're name the same, but they're not the same characters.
Speaker 2: Right right, And And if I am a fan of Lost in Space, which I was, if I'm a fan of the original Battlestar Galactica and even the campy Baltizar, which I was, I want Baltar Baltar, excuse me, I want something reminiscent of that in the remake.
Speaker 4: Now the guy who plays Baltar has popped up in Slow Horses, and he's such a terrific heel. He is just wonderfully hated, still alive, the one in the Battlestar Galactic a remake.
Speaker 3: Oh also of the original. Oh no.
Speaker 4: John Colicos was Baltar in the original. I think he's long gone. And he played a Klingon in Star Trek as well. Everybody, everything's related. It's very The sci fi universe on TV was very incestuous back in the day.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a very small community in that regard.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't think of a show us out today that's a remake that I'm enjoying.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I'm just being honest. Nothing as a remake. I can't think of one. You know, I've watched episodes of SWAT, we featured it. I've never got into Hawaii five. Oh no, no, nothing, none of those remakes.
Speaker 3: It's almost like I turn off Quantum Leap. Hell no no no, hell no no no no no no.
Speaker 1: But but to be fair, we are also living in a much more diverse television world than we did back then. A remake of a television show on CBS or something that forces you to sit and watch CBS at a designated time on a designated day, well, you're not keeping up with any of it.
Speaker 3: That's why they're a multi platform now.
Speaker 2: They're they're putting their combining the streaming numbers with the actual broadcast numbers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I'm not going to watch.
Speaker 2: I'll probably watch Matt Locke eventually just to see what it's all about, but I don't have any real desire to see it. Like, for example, they will do a murder she wrote, remake, Well.
Speaker 5: That's a remake of Miss Marple, yes, but still they will call it murder, she wrote, And I will have the expectation that Angela Lansbury is gonna roll her ass out there. And I always thought growing up, it was like, why is it people always die when this woman is around and no one ever.
Speaker 4: Thinks she was the common denominator? Cabot Cove was really just like the Killing Fields.
Speaker 2: Yes, how is it every time you show up someone drops dead and seemingly no one knows why.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doctor Seth he was busy. Think of the number of autopsies he had to crank through in a week.
Speaker 2: Come on, and I'm not gonna watch it because I'm gonna still feel compelled.
Speaker 3: It's like, this is not that.
Speaker 4: No, And I gotta you know, I feel like I'm aging myself by revealing all this stuff. But Murder, she wrote, is a gold mine for philosophy if you pay attention to the way she responds to people. She's like a zen mistress.
Speaker 2: She's like a super psychologist, can talk her way out of anything. Because many times she was in harm's way and she was getting ready to get merked, and somehow she talked her way out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, Angela Lansbury a terrific actress. And if you want to go like the Andy Griffith rut with a face in the crowd, watch her in The Manchurian Candida. Yeah, she wasn't just a phone at in TV. I don't know that was that was great great.
Speaker 2: Just her role as mom get over gotten quote Mom, we can do this all night, but we got to go to break the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Well, that game's over. Let me just say that. I think it's like ten to four. Now they just they just.
Speaker 2: Give no because now it's eleven.
Speaker 3: Now it's eleven to four. Yeah, let's start generating momentum.
Speaker 2: And I'm afraid one game is gonna turn into two, it's going to turn into three, and what was going to be the greatest moment in Dodger history is going to turn into you know, annihilation that I have to watch for another forty years and I don't want that to happen.
Speaker 4: Well, we can drink in celebration or we can drink in sadness.
Speaker 3: As long as we get to drink.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: What would it take?
Speaker 2: Just in case you were unsure or concerned, what would it take to get you back in a McDonald's Because the e coli outbreak has had a profound impact on the McDonald's stock, its perception, and just overall the news coverage. Wednesday, the day last week, the day after the e coli outbreak was announced, customer visits to McDonald's dropped six point four percent. Across the country and twenty four percent in Colorado, where the outbreak was most prevalent. Then last Thursday, visits to McDonald's dropped nine percent nationwide and thirty one percent in Colorado. And on last Friday, visits declined ten percent around the country and thirty three percent in Cole Dorado. So again I asked the question, what would make you want to or feel comfortable enough with going back to McDonald's. I don't go to McDonald's that often. I would say it's maybe once every other month. And I can tell you when I would go. It would be Saturday morning and I need to pick up some food real quick before I go open up the dojng. I'm going to teach three classes and it's right along the way. That's the only time I'm geting McDonald's. And it's always breakfast food.
Speaker 4: What at McDonald's lends itself to a pre workout meal that doesn't teaching.
Speaker 3: I didn't say workout. No no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: I would never eat McDonald's if I was getting ready to work out. No, no, we're dark colored pants. I would I would look. Anyone who's had a hard martial arts class knows that that's the quickest way.
Speaker 3: That's the direct route of throwing up. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: You will throw up in the middle of class or don't want to dank in the class either or right?
Speaker 3: Yes, bad. Would never do that if I were going to be working out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, put a waste basket at the edge of the mat.
Speaker 3: Look eco or not.
Speaker 1: I I've sworn off of McDonald's, and I'm I'm thankful that I'm at more of my kids are at that age where they don't want McDonalds, and well, you know, there was a point time where they were young, McDonald's just get the chicken, nuggs whatever. No, now they're like, no, I'm okay, I have sworn off of McDonald's forever. More so, you know, to me, this egalized like okay, okay.
Speaker 2: So thus just the brand McDonald's just that particular restaurant, or you find going to Jack in the.
Speaker 1: Box, this brand McDonald's now Jack and the crack starts to having eco ee outbreaks within a man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's what surprised me. The numbers you read. How are they still even as high as they are given the E COLI I don't know, and I thought it would.
Speaker 3: Have more of a measurable impact than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's measurable, but even more so because for me, you can tell me that it only impacted the onions on this particular burger, and that's all I need to worry about.
Speaker 3: I'm still staying.
Speaker 2: Away because I always assume it's worse than.
Speaker 3: What we know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, what would it take to keep more people than that away? People getting sick and dying clearly isn't enough.
Speaker 2: Well, I think for the most part, if you are a big proponent of McDonald's, it doesn't really matter. It doesn't really matter because you're not talking about quality of food. You're not talking about health conscious food. If you're going to McDonald's with any type of regularity, well.
Speaker 3: That ain't me.
Speaker 2: No, it's not me eat maybe once a year. No, no, No, I have my other food vices. It's never been McDonald's. It's never been, not since maybe I was a teenager. No, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I understand that all fast food and junk food and things like that are chemically engineered to make you crave them and want to not stop eating them, suppress your fullness impulses. But none of that stuff appeals to me, except just in a pinch. If I'm just dying and need something and desperate.
Speaker 2: I think of McDonald's particularly like I do SODA's. I don't drink sodas. I don't reach for sodas if I'm thirsty. The last thing I want is a carbonated beverage. I just don't drink it. Now, if I were in dire need of something and that's the literally the only thing that's there, then I'll get a soda. I think of McDonald's the same way, with exception of McDonald's breakfast, and you could have breakfast any time of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have like two cans of coke a year if that. But do you remember in the days when it was just normal for people to just steadily drink that stuff. Yep, well, it was just part of everybody's day.
Speaker 1: But again, McDonald's taps into a segment of society where they're eating on the go and lots of time. Even when my kids were young, my giddy McDonald's consisted of I've picked, you know, my daughter up from dance class, my son up from taekwondo, and I'm in a rush to get them home. They need something to eat real quick. They don't want you know, do you guys want a poil Local? No, you guys maybe want a subway sounds no, what McDonald's. Okay, we'retopping a by mcdonal's. Why because I'm in a hurry and I forgot to get them going. But again they if I say, you guys want some McDonald's, They're like, oh no, but the McDonald's just down the street. That line is damn near around the corner. Again to day when I'm pulling up to the station.
Speaker 2: But I will say there is one place I will make a great exception for we'll go out of my way for, and that's Wendy's. Absolutely, absolutely yeah, I will go out of my way for some Wendy's.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm waiting for the punchline. Is there a punchline?
Speaker 3: No, there's no punchline.
Speaker 4: Oh this isn't a bit. You're you genuinely have some inexplicable love for Wendy's.
Speaker 1: I would say this, and this is not because Ed has treated us to delicious Windy's treats when he's dropped them by. I actually stop buying Wendy's and pick up some of their chicken sanwiches sometimes if I have time to go and get something in the morning, I still love their potatoes.
Speaker 3: Do they still have potatoes?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, I used to get There are so many choice options to get there, and for me, just for me, they are on my way. I'm one of those individuals when if I'm driving somewhere, I have to go to the place on my way and on the same side of the street. If it's across the street, I'm not gonna go across the street, and they get back on my route.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: After dropping off my daughter in the morning, the very first spot that I hit that does not have a line or the line is moving quickly is the Wendy's. The McDonald's line is usually and the Madonnas on the other side of the street, and the line is all the way outside. And I'm like, you eat your egal Ie burgers or your salwiches in the morning.
Speaker 4: I hope the two of you caught last night when I played a Wendy's Where's the Beef?
Speaker 3: Clip? Yes, well I heard it, okay, I heard your where's the beach?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it's so obscure, you know, the younger folks today have no idea where that comes from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, watched Clara Peller and a Wendy's commercial Some Murder she wrote, and then sign Your Last Will and Testament.
Speaker 3: She actually did a lot of work outside of Wendy's. Oh I know. Yeah, her adult work was something else. Wait what? Never mind? Wait never mind? Where's the beef? No? No, no, damn it, don't have it? Come on, we haven't had one all night? Have we to go?
Speaker 2: There's a reason because no, it was what I don't get it? Oh wow, I'm glad you didn't get it.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: But if you detest traveling, or you don't like the whole process of flying, well I might have some good news for you. Remember those times where you were probably stranded on the tarmac or your flight was delayed, it definitely and you didn't know when you might be taking off, and you're almost being held hostage. You didn't know what you should do. Should you rebook a flight on or book a flight on a different airline? Should you just cancel all together? And if you canceled, you couldn't get your money back. I know it was a pain in the ass. Well, now, if your flight is canceled or delayed by more than three hours, which is not saying much for any type of airline travel for a domestic trip or six hours for an international one, you're automatically entitled to a refund. I wish I would have known about this the past fifteen times my flight was delayed.
Speaker 4: You ever had to sleep in an airport?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, which one I've slept in? Lax? I've slept in O'Hare.
Speaker 2: DC, Pittsburgh that I know of, And I want to say lax, if only because I did want to drive home and it was like maybe six hours in between something like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like we need serious compensation if we ever have to go to sleep in an airport.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I remember I had a flight issue going to Dallas like a year and a half ago, and they were nice enough to put me up in a hotel.
Speaker 3: But still they didn't give me my money back.
Speaker 2: They were just saying, we'll just fly you out the next day and we'll give you this voucher for a hotel. Well, what if I just want my money back so I can jump in the car and drive off. Couldn't get that no, no, no, you couldn't have that. So this I could use. I could see myself using when I was in college, talk about when I had to sleep in an airport. I was snowed in in DC and it was at Dulles Airport, which is a good forty miles from Georgetown University. There was no point in trying to go back to Georgetown because back then there was no uber, it was a cab and it was way too expensive for a college student. So I slept in the airport and waited til the snow had abated, and then I got a flight out the next morning. And one time at Pittsburgh in a connection got snowed in as well, so I had to stay at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: With these airport rules, it's kind of like knowing your rights to quote to a cop who pulls you over or tries to take your phone. You have to sometimes be able to recite what you're entitled to to the person at the airport desk.
Speaker 3: But it's also a leverage situation.
Speaker 2: They know that they have you where you have limited options, and you're trying to get somewhere relatively soon, so the odds of you canceling are slim and none.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, we see these viral videos all the time of people having freakouts and shouting in airport departure lounges. Those are taken out of context. I think if you knew the full context, you'd be on the side of the person freaking out.
Speaker 3: Ninety percent of the time. I probably would be on their side.
Speaker 2: I probably would not condone their particular behavior because I'm the one.
Speaker 3: I am not going to yell at you.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm going to very quietly use profanity and cuss you out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to role play right now.
Speaker 2: It'd be one of those things where I'm sorry, sir, the flight's already boarded and we can't reopen the door and let anybody else on. Okay, but it says on my boarding past I am twelve D. Yeah, but you were you were late. I did see you standing in line as we were boarding, but you just didn't get to the front of the line soon enough, and so we're gonna have to do what we can to rebook you. But you did not at any time say that the boarding was closed or that you were closing the doors and it was too late for me to board. I have a ticket that I've paid for, and it says on my boarding pass that I'm cleared to board. Now I should be on that flight because obviously there's someone's sitting on my seat who should not be sitting in my seat.
Speaker 3: Well, unfortunately, I'm looking at the plane. It has not left.
Speaker 4: I hear you, sir, and please don't raise your voice to me. Unfortunately, sir, there's there's nothing I can do at this point.
Speaker 3: Okay, I know there's nothing that you can. I can give you an email to our corporate headquarters, sir.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about your supervisor who's standing around and I speak to that person, He's.
Speaker 4: Just gonna tell you to talk to me, sir. Okay, then let's do that.
Speaker 2: Let's do that. Let's let's see this through to its full conclusion. We've exhausted all our all our options, sir, we have. We're gonna if I can give you the email to corporate headquarters. Okay, thank you for the email. Now let's talk to the person. Can I walk over and I'll just walk over?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no, he's gonna just steer you right back here, and then you'll have to get to the end of the line and wait to get all the way to the front to talk to me again.
Speaker 2: So, but you've already said I've missed my flight, so there's nothing that I'm going.
Speaker 4: To lose here. Yeah, I'm sorry. There's really nothing I can do unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you can't do anything for me. Let's just in the conversation. Let me just go talk to your superor. What's his name or her name? I'm sorry I can't help you with that.
Speaker 4: And in fact, if you can move to the side so I can help the next person, i'd appreciate that thing.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir. Is it mister, mister? Don't you have my information in front of you? That's okay, it's it's been a pleasure serving you, sir. That's okay. No, No, that's okay. I got time now.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid I don't we we really have to get moving next, please next.
Speaker 2: So you're to rus so you understand what it's like to be in a rush and someone who's jerking you around.
Speaker 4: Sir, if you're going to use that kind of abusive language, I'm unfortunately going to have to end this conversation.
Speaker 3: But thank you.
Speaker 2: First I thought were flying, but I didn't fly. I'm standing. I'm standing, and I have a ticket and I should be flying. But the door is closed and you're saying that you can't open it, and the plane is still there. Obviously they're waiting for something for you to tell them that it's okay to leave.
Speaker 4: I feel like you've escalated, sir, and we're going to have to call security. So if you could just calm down.
Speaker 3: Plane, I'm very calm. I have not raised my voice.
Speaker 4: I need to see your hands, sir. Oh you don't want to see me take your hands out of your pocket, sir.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, because you're going to use that as a sign of aggression. I'm not going to allow that from you.
Speaker 4: You're making me feel threatened, okay, But my feelings are irrelevant here.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking about the facts. I have a boarding pass, I should be on that plane. Your supervisor is right over there. You've that's your supervisor. So why are we delaying the inevitable?
Speaker 4: Maybe we can give you some free air miles or something like that, but but honestly, I'm sorry to tell you there's nothing else we can do for you at this time.
Speaker 2: But unfortunately, but I just read the other day that you must grant a refund if you cannot, let's say, consummate my itenerary.
Speaker 4: Consummate consummate right here in the middle of the lounge. Well, you know, the benches really aren't set up for any form of consummation, sir.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, are you ready to give me my refund?
Speaker 4: I am ready to have you take a time out, sir while you de escalate, because you're you're making me a little uneasy. Okay, go ahead and call security, all right, sir, if you just stand right where you are, except move move to the side.
Speaker 3: Just a little bit so I can help the next customer.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I want you to call security, because if you're going to call security, at least you get my money's worth.
Speaker 4: I don't like the tone in your voice, sir, And if we could, I'm gonna have to well.
Speaker 3: I don't like that jacket you're wearing.
Speaker 2: You're gonna like what's under it even less to be truthful. That is the real me, that is exactly me, Okay, Because in other words, if I cannot get what I feel that I am deserving a purchase, then at the very minimum, I'm going to frustrate your day. At the very minimum, I think you and I may be more fortunate because we've had careers that have relied on talking to people and persuading people and laying out cases and arguments, and so the public service that we can provide on the radio here is giving people ammunition, like here's what you do at the water cooler, here's what you do at the airport counter and right. And you have to know inherently where that line is because you really don't want to get arrested. You don't want to be brought up on federal charges because you know airport is a federal facility, so you do have to be mindful of that. But at the same time, you do have rights as a consumer, and that's what we're talking about right now.
Speaker 3: If they cannot.
Speaker 2: Give you what you paid for, well, someone still should accommodate you on some level in that moment.
Speaker 4: And it's easy to escalate too if you're standing there in line and they're boarding and that's moving slow, right.
Speaker 2: And that's why I would not get out line, because I would force the issue where this person has to address me and handle my situation for that line to move. Now I know everyone behind me is calling me, every dame in the book. But if I'm not getting on the plane, none of these mother fathers behind me, you're getting on the plane. Like It's like if I'm going to be frustrated and I'm going to be missing out on the slight sore all of you.
Speaker 4: We're all in this together. That's what I like the Flintstones. We don't get on a wing if we don't have enough money.
Speaker 2: So but the good life, the good news is that if your flight is canceled or delayed by more than three hours for a domestic itinerary or six hours international, and I've dealt with both, you're automatically entitled to a refund. Now, of course, you'll have airlines who will try to offer some sort of other recompense, you know, to make you not choose the reform, because they don't want to give you money. They'll give you a free flight, they'll give you an upgrade, they will give you free peanuts or something, but they don't want to give you your money back. And that's the whole point. They always want to delay giving you actual money.
Speaker 4: Our Secretary of Transportation, Pete buddhaj Edge, has been very good about doing media hits or he explains to people. No, no, no, no, you're entitled to this, this and this. They have to give you this, he said.
Speaker 2: Quote Passengers deserve to get their money back when an airline owes them, without headaches or haggling.
Speaker 3: And there you have it. Think of us the next time you're in line and you've just been doing it to capitate the person. Don't.
Speaker 2: But no, you're right. It's Later with mo Kelly. If I am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and girls. Dying Times here. It's Later with Moll Kelly.
Speaker 2: We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dying Time is here. People are killing themselves and I'm sorry, I don't exactly feel sorry for them when they do it like this. A thirty seven year old Kansas woman was killed after she backed into a plane's spilling propeller. She did so while trying to take photos. Amanda Gallagher dearly departed, a photographer was on the plane to snap photos of skydivers this past Saturday afternoon, and she rode the plane back down after the sky divers jumped, and this is according to the Air Capitol Drop Zone. The plane landed at the site in Derby, outside of Wichita, and the next set of jumpers went to board the Air Capitol Drop Zone chip and.
Speaker 3: It was a Cessna on.
Speaker 2: It was on the ground, but the propellers were still spinning, the engine was still running, and this is according to the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office and the FAA quote. For unknown reasons, she as an Amanda, moved in front of a wing, which is a violation of basic safety procedures. I don't know who else was there other than the pilot obviously in the plane. I can't tell you what specifically she was taking photos of. If it were people, I would say, why didn't the people say, hey, look out, propeller behind you? But nonetheless, it goes on with her camera up to shoot photos.
Speaker 3: As she did so, she stepped back.
Speaker 2: Slightly, moving toward and into the spinning propeller. Why she did not hear it behind her, Why she did not feel the wish of the air behind her, I don't know. All I do know is she's no longer living. Gallagher, who was also of Wichitalk was taken to a hospital where she died from her injuries. It's a very sad story, but it's not like I can feel sorry for Because if you are taking pictures in front of an airplane while the propellers are spinning and are not aware of your surroundings, and you back into the propeller while your head is in that viewfinder of your phone, yeah you're.
Speaker 3: Probably gonna die.
Speaker 1: All I saw was that classic scene in the very first Indiana Jelles film where he's fighting the Nazi soldier. Yeah, and he DUTs and that propeller takes apart. That's all I thought when I saw this story. Look all right, I know it's all of That's all I thought.
Speaker 3: All of this is something I would never do. One. I would never get involved in skydiving. Okay, I'm not going to go on the plane.
Speaker 2: Even though she wasn't skydiving, she was there just you know, hanging out.
Speaker 3: I don't hang out on a sky diving plane. Okay.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to jump out of a plane, and I'm not gonna get onto a tarmac with the propeller spinning and just hang around and then try to take pictures of something or someone and then and obviously she was aware that the plane was still around her, just wasn't aware that it was right behind her.
Speaker 3: How is that even possible? How do you not know that there's a plane right behind you?
Speaker 1: Mo the number of stories that we have added to the Dying Time collection of people taking selfies and dying. The woman who was taking the last time I think we had a story about a woman taking selfies that died was she was taking selfies near what a train track and backed into the oncoming train that took her out. And you say to yourself, how do you not hear a train coming when people are taking selfies, they're very self involved.
Speaker 2: Well, in this case, if she were taking a selfie, she would have noticed the propellers right behind her.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe, I only I can only imagine the scene.
Speaker 2: How many people have died just because they want to take a picture, to take a cool picture, to take a thrilling picture, to take a picture near danger, and instead end up dying in the process. This was completely avoidable. It wasn't like she woke up today, oh I'm gonna be you know, impaled by a a propeller today.
Speaker 3: No, that wasn't an intention. But it's like, how do we lose all common sense?
Speaker 2: How do we not know that when you're on a tarmac, that's the place where you have to be.
Speaker 3: Aware at all times, at all times. Was she impelled or was she chopped up? I don't know, well, I was giving a benefit of doubt. They just said it took her to the hospital.
Speaker 2: She didn't survive her injuries, So I'm gonna assume it's one both. You know, I'm thinking this, look slice dice gets you knife.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. It was not a pretty sign. That's not a pretty sid.
Speaker 1: She probably looked like a McDonald's burger after that. Oh why do you got to do that to mcdye. No, McDonald's a kid.
Speaker 3: Oh you give him one.
Speaker 2: All the work I've been doing tonight, not even one grim shot, not.
Speaker 3: Even one, not even Mark Runner. I'm gonna sign that f Foush doing was fuddy. Come on kf I A M six forty. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. If it doesn't affect you, were not interested. K f I K O S
Speaker 2: T H D two, Los Angeles, Orange County, Live everywhere on the heart radio app,