Speaker 1: Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new It improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Listen for all your music, radio and podcast free never sounded so good.
Speaker 3: Three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station. What O three point one?
Speaker 3: All right? Thanks for being with us. My name is Sandy. This is JBI. Hello, Patricia's here too.
Speaker 5: Hi everybody.
Speaker 3: I just realized I look rough.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you haven't shaved yea.
Speaker 3: I look like Uncle Randy.
Speaker 1: No, it's when your hair on your head starts growing in a lot. Is when you start looking like creepy Uncle Randy. That's Sandy's like an altered ego.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's alter ego when he lets his hair grow too long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what it is. When it's the beard, I don't know, but I need to shave everything up.
Speaker 4: It's like I've shaved my head for over twenty years. But man, do I look like a different dude when I just let it get a little bit grown in.
Speaker 5: It's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and years.
Speaker 4: Ago, as you just heard Tricia nicknamed, maybe you look like Sandy's older brother you're creepy older.
Speaker 5: It's not a good leg.
Speaker 3: It's really not. I need to take better care of myself.
Speaker 4: Hey, I think this is still cool that it still happens in Austin, that there's still in store performances at Waterley Records, and one of them is today and Jav You're gonna have to expound a little bit on this. It's a name of a of that I've heard a lot, and I've just like been too busy to actually go listen to any of his music. But he's got a huge fan base and he's doing an in store today five o'clock at Waterloo Shiny Ribs.
Speaker 3: He's going to be playing.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of that person. You haven't, no Shiny Ribs.
Speaker 3: What do you know about them? Javy?
Speaker 2: Not a ton, but I do know the name. I've heard a few tunes. It's very uh, it's very New Orleans sounding kind of vibe to it. Oh okay, it's got a caging kind of flare. I'm not it's a great group.
Speaker 3: Group. Yeah okay, Yeah, Mama didn't name him Shiny.
Speaker 1: Ribsy Shiny Ribs.
Speaker 5: That is not out of the possibility.
Speaker 3: Shiny rib very well known around here though.
Speaker 4: For sure he's doing the band is doing an in store today at Waterloo Records, and uh, I think it's I think it's still cool that Waterloo Records still does that. It could have easily gone away in the world of streaming and all that, but they still do it. And I don't know if they still roll out a keg.
Speaker 2: Of beer for it or what I'm assuming they do, because you haven't been to one in a minute, And then of course Waterloo Records will be going to and moving at some point. Is that property gets developed that was inevitable?
Speaker 3: Right? Is that a done deal they are or for certain? Or yes they are? That sucks?
Speaker 1: Do you hear how they describe the music, which sounds awesome, a sonic melting pot of Texas blues, New Orleans R and B funk and horn driven Memphis soul.
Speaker 3: Therey good How old?
Speaker 2: Does that sound much better than my description? That's a professional right there.
Speaker 4: So, by the way, one wristband for one CD, one wristband for one LP and so on, a limited four for a person today at water so that's going to be packed. But it's still I still think it's cool that they do that kind of stuff. At Waterloo Records I saw years ago. This will age me a little bit. But the Wallflowers did an in store, Oh my gosh at Waterloo once and I went down there and checked it out.
Speaker 3: It was kind of cool.
Speaker 2: I still think that the resurgence of vinyl is helped keep that alive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our daughter's way into it. Actually's not as into it as she was. She's fifteen, but she got super into vinyl for a little while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my daughter's into it too, like, so yeah, keep the thing alive. You know, a lot of in Austin this summer, there's a lot of chat about Blues on the Green. Did you know there's a whole other free concert series that you can hit up on Thursday?
Speaker 3: One air conditioned. No, it's not shaded. Cows shaded nor shaded.
Speaker 5: No cows either, I bet Oh for the Arboretum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh that's old school, old lose.
Speaker 5: On the green at the Arboretum with the cows.
Speaker 2: For the kids.
Speaker 3: That's really old school.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember walking to that from my house. I just had to cross three sixty and go over and check it out.
Speaker 3: So what is this one?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's free concert series at the Long Center on Thursday, starting on the twenty second, May second, and it runs all the way through August fourteenth, twelve.
Speaker 3: Twelve night series. That's cool.
Speaker 2: The doors, if there are doors, I don't know, open at seven. It starts at eight every Thursday except for July third because.
Speaker 3: Of the holiday. Yeah. Yeah, it's very eclectic in very funky. So you're going.
Speaker 2: If you're going, you're probably checking out something that maybe you haven't heard before. But that's kind of the fun of it too.
Speaker 4: You know what else is not air conditioned and going on this weekend? And speaking of Shiny Ribs, this is actually pretty cool. Shiny Ribs and Bob Schneider are playing Lukenbach on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh, that sounds very cool. That would be pretty fun. Trisia, How would you describe luken going to luken Bag to a person that's never been Oh, it's been so long since I've been there. But it's it's like being in somebody's giant backyard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's old buildings, random buildings around a stage or walking around on like kalechi, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's getting at the post office, Yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly, a bunch of old buildings like an old little town.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: For the longest I thought it was like a real actual town, like with the population and stuff. I didn't know for the longest time that it's just this little outpost.
Speaker 3: It's spot. Yeah, no one would know about it. If Whaling and Willie didn't.
Speaker 5: Sing about it right, nobody would know about it.
Speaker 3: No one would know. So that's kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Shiny Ribs and Bob Schneider along with Caroline Hale, who I don't know a whole lot about. That's seven o'clock Saturday. Doors are at six. It's an all ages show. Prices from thirty to eight hundred dollars. Whoa eight hundred bucks is a table? Yeah, and it seats I believe it seats eight, maybe six, I'm not sure. So if you're looking for stuff to get out and do this weekend, that is a That's a couple of things coming up next.
Speaker 3: Truss has got the story We Love What do we Love? Today?
Speaker 1: We got to talk about Elon Musk and what kind of neighbor he is in Westlake Kills are not happy with him.
Speaker 3: So I was gonna say, I'm go ahead and guess things aren't going well.
Speaker 1: If it's in the news, no, And I'll tell you what their biggest problem with it is. He's notorious for doing this in other parts of his life.
Speaker 5: And he's doing it in Westlike Kills and Westlike Hills.
Speaker 4: Is like, all right, stay with us. It's coming up on Aston's Dad station. What O three point one? What O three point one, Austin's eighties station. It's the JB and Sandy Show. Elon Musk not making any friends in Westlake. It sounds like they I don't know the story, but generally stories are not written if you're a great neighbor.
Speaker 5: This is not as crazy.
Speaker 4: Nobody's ever written and are done an article about someone that's a great neighbor. You only get the bad neighbors stories. That's coming up in just a little bit. Hey, if you're brand new here, it's the JB and Sandy Hour. We do it every day from seven until eight o'clock and new listeners. JB and I, longtime radio partners, did it every morning on a different station for eighteen years, and now JB joins us from seven until eight o'clock every day. And if you can't catch the whole thing, you can always grab the podcast version of the show. It's on the iHeartRadio app. Just search JB and Sandy. Let's find aout find out about Elon his stories.
Speaker 3: We Love Live from the Laser Holt Studio.
Speaker 5: Here's Trisha Delicia.
Speaker 1: So Elon Musk is a huge fan base, but I will let you know that his neighbors and the residents in Westlake Hills not included in.
Speaker 5: That fan base.
Speaker 1: He bought We've all heard about this compound that he purchased so he and his baby mamas can all live together peacefully.
Speaker 5: It's a six million dollar home.
Speaker 1: He purchased it in twenty twenty two, and he has erected a sixteen foot chain leak fence, installed a metal gate, and mounted outward facing cameras, all on a very skinny, single lane public road that, because of all of the security has to have being with the richest man in the world, is completely blocked off at all times. And I'm sorry the road going to his home his house is blocked off. It's a single lane road. It's not a private road. It's a public road. And because of all his security guardens' security and the vehicles going in and out, it's constantly blocking that road for the other residents and Unfortunately for Musk. The president of the homeowners Association, Paul Himmer, lives directly across the street from that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's not having it.
Speaker 1: Armed security personnel vehicles in and out at all times of the night, people being moved from one of his homes to another one of his homes that's like ten minutes down the street. It's causing total chaos. The main issue they have, and they said that Musk is notorious for this is he does things and then asks for forgiveness later. All of the improvements that he's done on this house, none of them were permittent, not a single one.
Speaker 2: So now he's going They don't mess around in west I lived in Westlake for fourteen years. They don't mess around with that stuff. They don't want gaudy fences. They want it to look natural. Yeah, they don't want a bunch of cameras and lights. They want it very analog. They don't like perfectly manicured lawns. But if he said, if he has an HOA, he must be within a gated community within Westlake, because Westlake doesn't have any away.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe so then I don't know, but I know that the road that the street is on is not private just for him. I mean, it's open to everybody, and he makes it impossible for the other people to pass.
Speaker 5: He said that there's activity day and night.
Speaker 4: Here's here's I'm gonna be. Let's say, I'm Elon Musk, right, and this guy Paul what Himmer, Paul Hammer's up my butt about stuff and being in violation and no permits and we don't want find me I know.
Speaker 5: Right, that's what they're Yeah, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: How much is the fine? How much is the fine?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: That's all I would say. I would say, just find.
Speaker 2: A six million dollar home is nothing like that? Is like, Yeah, that's like the rest of us reaching in our pocket for change to buy it for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's just not following any of the rules. And it's because he knows that there's no fine that can shut him down. And it's disruptive, it's chaotic, it's rude, it's rude, it's against.
Speaker 5: Their law, and he doesn't seem to care. That pissed me off too if I lived around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just because you're the richest person in the world doesn't mean you can be an a hole, right, Right, there's other people on the planet too. I know you want to go to Mars, I get it, but there's the beer here now, so you got to live with that.
Speaker 5: You got to act right right.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I think is funny, it's not funny, but one of the security team guys on his own Musk security team, I guess to kind of get back at Himmer for all of the things that he's called in against Musk. The securities team reported that Himro was walking around in the street naked. He was not walking around in the street. Yeh, sure, just making matters worse.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're just fighting with each other.
Speaker 1: But they I'm guessing that the security fence is a violation. A sixteen foot chain link fence. No person would you build that chain link security?
Speaker 3: I guess why they build. I'm guessing, yeah, that could be because you're not going to put an ugly old chain link.
Speaker 2: Well, even the construction company will put up a fence because the stolen materials that happens all the time. I bet, I bet that's what that is. That's not meant to be permanent.
Speaker 4: I can't remember when Michael Dell built his home on that mountain, but was there problems then?
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I don't think a helicopter, the helicopter airspace or something for him.
Speaker 2: But I think these are people not politically aligned with Elon being not liking him. That's why it was different with Michael Dell, because they are politically aligned with him.
Speaker 1: But also if it's constant, constant coming and going and constant violations of the rules that everybody else is following, I feel like you wouldn't be whatever your political side is, I feel like that make you mad, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why didn't he buy a property that you could just put a helipad in or maybe you can and just zip.
Speaker 3: In and out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not right in the middle of a crowded name.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what though. He makes some badass cars.
Speaker 4: Trove one, buddy, mine got one yesterday and took it for a ride and let me drive it. I was like, Wow, this is really cool, very different, but really cool. I haven't driven one yet. You haven't, and now it's just I don't know how to explain it, but it's different. It's cool.
Speaker 1: It's how much is that car brand new that we drive yesterday? Fifty Like a fifty thousand dollars car brand new, and our buddy got it for like twenty grand.
Speaker 4: Yeah we got a use free years old twenty five yeah, half price.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't hold their value very well, is what he was saying.
Speaker 4: Right, cool car, but got to be a good neighbor too. So that is the story. We love still to come.
Speaker 3: Jb.
Speaker 4: We got to tell you, you'll get it, You'll enjoy this. About the weekend that we had because of what our daughter brought home for a school project.
Speaker 5: It was not fun, it was weird. It freaked me out a little bit.
Speaker 4: We'll tell you about it coming up on Austin Daies station one oh three point one and streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Hey it's sandy, and you know, May's a great time of year.
Speaker 4: It's the best part of spring, the last week or two before it gets really hot with triple digit heat. But some years may also bring some crazy storms and high winds. With all the wild weather, the extreme tempts that Central Texas throws our way. I'm pretty thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller at kingar Roof. Scott and Stacy, they're great people. They've been part of the community for twenty five years and Kangaroof takes care of all my roofing needs, and they've done that for a long time.
Speaker 3: It's not just me.
Speaker 4: Scott and Stacy's team have helped hundreds of Central Texas families protect their largest investment, safeguarding their place where you raise your kids. That's why I appreciate knowing that my roof is always in good hands. So give Scott and Stacy a call, they'll hop to it. You'll see for yourself why Kingaroof is the best roofing company in town. You can find them online at call kingaroof dot com. That's call Kingaroof dot com. It's the Jvan Sandy Show. And for those of you listening to us on the iHeartRadio app, make sure you taff that follow button and allow your notifications. It's Austin's eighty station one oh three point one. Our daughter brought something home on Friday that was part of a school project that was with us all weekend and was very disruptive. Yes, it's not pleasurable. We'll get to it in just a second, real quick. Can I say something guys, And this makes sound a little bit ugly, but you know the the met gala that was on Monday and there, did you guys happen to see the video of Pam Anderson going into the back?
Speaker 3: That is not the Pam Anderson, I am used. So she's still doing the no makeup thing. Yeah, bad haircut too.
Speaker 5: It was a weird haircut.
Speaker 3: With the high bangs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it might have been the look she was going for, you know, the theme. I'm still not one hundred percent clearing what the theme was. But I mean, why does she think makeup so bad?
Speaker 3: Throw it along?
Speaker 2: She made a lot of headlines by by not wearing anyone what was that in the last year maybe a year? Yeah, yeah, got her a lot of headlines just going out with no makeup kind of a statement for women.
Speaker 4: It's still working. I make all the statement you want. But makeup's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, make ups fun. It's not a bad thing. Stable a little pants, it's fun.
Speaker 6: It helps a lot, right, She just maybe she forgot like Tricia, do you remember as a young young Tricia just dieing to wear makeup for the first time?
Speaker 2: She clearly has forgotten what that that feels like? What does that feel like?
Speaker 1: I guess so, But I mean, I like, I have no makeup on most days, and I'm fine going out of the house if I'm just going, like to the grocery store and maybe the circle K, that's right. But to go to like some event or something with no makeup. I would never put other people through that. It is not a good look for me, And unfortunately, I don't think it's a great for pan Anderson.
Speaker 4: It's Electricia, like she said, rarely has makeup on it. When she does, it's like.
Speaker 1: Wow, I know, I feel like it looks like a horror when I pit makeup on because it's not having any on it all.
Speaker 3: I like horse then.
Speaker 4: Like horse boy, that won't sound good if you just took that little second out.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So our daughter is a sophomore in high school. She's almost sixteen years old. My gosh, she's going to be sixteen and twenty two days whoa, which is hard to believe. And she's taking Human Growth and Development. Part of the curriculum of the Human Growth and Development class is to bring home a robot baby. This is a very lifelike baby that cries and complains and has.
Speaker 5: To be bed and has had the diaper change.
Speaker 2: Fancy, like it used to just be a bag of flower.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Now they it's so fancy that they put a bracelet on the kid that's some sort of on the student on, some sort of censor on it. And when the baby makes a noise, you have two minutes to put the bracelet onto the baby's chest to say okay mom or dad's here, oh wow, and then it's all this dad is accumulated inside of the robot baby and then you get a grade on it. There's like times when the baby has to be rocked, there's time when the baby has to be fed.
Speaker 3: You have to figure out what.
Speaker 2: It is okay, and how hard is it if it was like a real baby. We had a collagy baby.
Speaker 3: This baby was colic baby.
Speaker 1: Really, I told her, I go what you got there's a collage baby.
Speaker 5: Is that baby cries too much?
Speaker 2: Was it crying in the middle of the night? Yeah? Right, I mean it's very realistic one. I mean, if it's accurate for them to get you should you should be so sleep deprived by the end of the assignment.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I thought of you, JBB with that baby was crying in the middle of the night. I was like, I'm gonna take that baby I'm gonna drive to Dallas and back with it.
Speaker 3: Jab did that with his daughter to try and get.
Speaker 5: Her to sleep in the car.
Speaker 2: She would not sleep, so you would just I would just drive and listen to books on tape.
Speaker 5: Well, here's what I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: At the beginning of the year was when Landry's teacher was like meet the parent, Meet the teacher night. She was like, Yep, we have this. This is one of the projects. And I told lander Is, like, we're not doing that project because the option is you either take the baby home for forty eight hours, or if you don't want to do that, you carry an egg around for four days and then you make four entries a day in a journal about what you've done for the egg, Like we took the egg to.
Speaker 3: The park and our hardheaded kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wanted the novelty of the baby, and that wore off. I mean I talked to her toes blue in the face to be sure about it. That wore off on like hour three when we were all going out to dinner and she realized she had to take the baby. It comes in a baby carrier. Had to take the baby out to dinner, and I'm going to let you know that was so awkward. Sandy and I walking in with our fifteen year old daughter carrying a baby what looks like a real baby, Yeah, putting it in the car seat, carry like the the high chair at the end of the table.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't even if you're watching and you realize it's not a real baby, it gets even weirder.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, I was walking down the restaurant and I was like, it's a students school project.
Speaker 1: School project, you guys like yelling it out to the restaurant school project.
Speaker 4: And then people was, you know, sitting at the end of the booth and the little the waitress brought it's a little carrier to set the car seat in, and people would walk by and they want they'd look down expecting to see a real baby, and then they looked and they're like, oh, clearly, yeah, which is weird.
Speaker 2: Well did you were you were you fulfilling the assignment? And did you open up and crumble and throw crackers everywhere?
Speaker 5: Make it real messy?
Speaker 2: When we left?
Speaker 1: But that Landry, that first time she started crying was when we were out to dinner and she had one of her friends come to spend the night with her that night to help.
Speaker 5: They both wigged out.
Speaker 1: And when that baby starts crying, it kind of starts low, and in about thirty seconds that baby is screaming. And we were like, take it outside, take it in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: I have no desire to be grandpa.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Sandy carried back the carrier a couple of times. I carried it and I was like, this is either a glimpse back to when Landry was a baby, or this is what our future is going to look like. But either way, it was so weird Landry feeding it, changing its diapers.
Speaker 3: But she got an a on the project.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she got a ninety seven.
Speaker 1: She was pissed though, because her friend who did the same project, her baby died because she let it get too cold.
Speaker 5: And her friend got a ninety eight on the project and the baby died and you still got it night and she got a ninety eight.
Speaker 4: And she is a chip off the old block, our daughter. And here's a perfect example of it. Tell everyone when she was burpie the baby, what you had to tell her.
Speaker 5: I was in one room.
Speaker 1: She was in her room burping the baby, and I had to run in and go stop hitting the.
Speaker 5: Baby so hard.
Speaker 1: Like she wasn't abusing it, she just didn't realize her own strength. And there's a setting on that baby that if it detects abuse or shaking, it shuts down and you get a zero.
Speaker 5: And I was all, you're hitting the baby too hard, very bad.
Speaker 3: But if it dies, you get an a. This makes no sense.
Speaker 5: She was not happy, that really does.
Speaker 4: But we survived it. We got through it. The baby's gone. Never been so happy to see a baby leaving my entire life. Oh yeah, and there's not much of a maternal instinct in our daughter.
Speaker 3: She called it.
Speaker 5: She called it, and when it start to cry, she'd go, no.
Speaker 2: Remember when we used to play beat my Baby on the radio, Oh that's fun, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we go.
Speaker 2: We'd have a caller and go, you know, say call us and tell us when your baby started walking. And a woman would call in, Oh, my baby started walking at ten and a half months.
Speaker 3: Beat my baby.
Speaker 2: And then someone called him my baby started walking at nine and a half months.
Speaker 7: Can you beat my baby? Beat my baby? My baby could read at six? Beat my baby? All right, who can beat the baby? Who's gonna beat the baby? Boy definitely got people's attention.
Speaker 2: When we go yeah, tomorrow at seven fifteen, we're playing beat.
Speaker 3: My baby, my baby. We have to bring that back. That's fun.