Speaker 1: Next night Side with Dan Ray. I'm WBS Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thank you, nic.
Speaker 3: Lots of people stick around every night, even when there are sporting events. Good evening, everybody, and welcome on into a Wednesday night edition of Nightside. It is October second, twenty twenty four. We have a lot of people in prison who listen to our program, So get to your calendar and let's all together strike off one more day, one more day closer to freedom. My name's Dan Ray. I'm the host of Nightside. Have been here now? This is year eighteen for Nightside. Rob Brooks has been with me. By the way, I should have mentioned Rob has been with us probably I'm guessing Rob fifteen of those years anyway, So would you agree with me, Rob? Yeah, yeah, about fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Rob.
Speaker 3: So he's been in it for the long run, and so haven't many of you listeners out there, and I do appreciate your loyalty here Tonightside. We're going to talk later on tonight about an emergency preamble. We'll explain what that is. An emergency preamble signed by the governor today to put into effect a new gun law that she could have signed an emergency preamble a couple of months ago. We'll talk with Massachusetts State Senator Peter Durant about that and why she decided to sign it. And we're also going to talk about churches, specifically white churches atoning in Boston or in the Greater Boston area for their predecessor's potential either involvement or acquiescence to a slavery. And we'll be talking with Reverend Kevin Peterson, who's been on this program before. There was an event on Saturday at the Arlington Street Church and we'll.
Speaker 2: Explain all of that.
Speaker 3: But first of all, we're going to start off with four guests in the first hour, and the first guest is Gary Summers. He's a Boston based musician who wrote and produced I guess it's what's called the sci fi rock opera called titled Beasties.
Speaker 2: I've heard of the beastis Beastie.
Speaker 3: Boys, Gary, But I gotta be honest with you, this is probably something I don't have a lot of inherent knowledge about.
Speaker 2: You get my drift. This is big by you, good battles evil, with the fate of the planet at.
Speaker 3: Stake, and this is a world premiere at the Regent theater in Arlington.
Speaker 2: It sounds pretty interesting. Tell us about it, my friend.
Speaker 4: Well, the beasties in the story is the human emotions. They're kind of irrational, and there's good beasts and they're bad beasties. And what causes someone to be good or evil? It's some sort of an impulse. I mean, you have a choice. So why would someone be good or why would someone be evil? Well, I wrote eighteen songs that tell the story of a musician who has a big break, has a hit record on the charts, and a promoter offers to let him put on a concert in Central Park and a quarter million people show up. And the promoter, of course, has sold a sponsorship to an evil corporate politician who is there to try and usurp the audience. Well, universe has decided that that's not going to happen, and a retired stage manager is working the show and is inhabited by an alien impulse. And the show begins with the alien trying to figure out what is a human and the human trying to figure out what's inside me. And let's just say chaos and susy always novels.
Speaker 2: Always good.
Speaker 3: When chaos and sues, Okay, now you talk about an evil corporate politician. I know that probably evil corporate people, and they're they're evil corporate, evil politicians.
Speaker 2: Of fact.
Speaker 3: I'm of the belief that there are some people here in America and elsewhere around the world who actually are aliens.
Speaker 2: Do you buy into that theory at all or no?
Speaker 4: I think I can probably believe that. I believe you're right. I think that there is some form of unique stardust that has inhabited some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'll give you a couple of examples.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen James Carville, the Democratic political strategist.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, he does not look.
Speaker 2: He looks a little different, if you get my drift.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not by looks, but the look in his eye, Yeah I would.
Speaker 3: I'll give you another one who's a very powerful guy, Vladimir Putin. Have you ever looked at him?
Speaker 4: He doesn't look quite right, very cartoony.
Speaker 3: That's exactly it, which I think is what you're doing here with b these. And there's a few others along the way. Rudy Giuliani, the former mayor of New York. When he was younger, he looked he's been looking a little weird lately. If you know what I'm saying, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just a cartoon. He's absolutely a cartoon of his former.
Speaker 2: Self subjected judgment here.
Speaker 3: But just they always seem to be people who are in positions of influence. And I haven't even started to talk about the corporate heads here because most people would know who we're talking about. But I've seen some weird looking corporate people too, sore hard something.
Speaker 4: The stories about this corporate politician who's running to be CEO of Earth, which isn't a title and doesn't exist, but in his mind he thinks he's that guy.
Speaker 2: If you could get it, I mean, right, how.
Speaker 4: Does it pay? Who pays?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well maybe the second your job.
Speaker 4: I didn't get it. I love that that's so factual.
Speaker 3: But maybe the Secretary General of the United Nations could be one of these folks too when you think about it, I mean it's you know, if you were going to come here from out of space, you obviously are going to be a higher developed intellect than us because we can't go to speak of.
Speaker 4: So correct if they get here, And the first thing is is that the alien must understand that we're now all connected with this internet e thing that makes it so that these people in an audience can transmit everything that happens worldwide instantaneously. So an alien affecting two hundred and fifty thousand people that are now influencing the whole world can influence.
Speaker 5: The whole world. It's as like the day the.
Speaker 4: Earth stood still, and only in Rock and Roll.
Speaker 3: Well, when you think about the ability instantaneously, I was watching yesterday when some of the rockets were being fighted and in on Israel, and we were watching the rockets literally coming in and being blown up.
Speaker 2: In the air. It was but it was it was actual time.
Speaker 3: And I think about in the old days, not too long ago, the miracle of the Morse code, you know, and they thought, wow, how cool is that? But we have advanced so quickly. Tell us how can people get tickets? And it is at the Region Theater in Arlington, which I'm sure is very easy to find. This is Thursday and Friday of next week, not this week, Yeah, ten eleven Region Theater. Where did they go for tickets is a big question here.
Speaker 4: So you go to the website. It's Bstsrockopera dot com or just search anywhere for Besti's Rock Opera and there three books. There's a CD that's out, and this is the world premiere of the live show Starrying, The Wonderful Barrets Whitfield of Barret's Whitfield and the Savages, Cowboy mock Bell from the Joe Perry Project, Cliff Goodwin from Joe Hawker's band, and some newcomers that are gonna just blow you away.
Speaker 3: Anybody, if anybody from the Red Sox, their season is over. So some of those guys have musical talent.
Speaker 4: Yeah they do. Yeah, they're the good beasties, you know. The Yeah.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed the conversation a lot. Therey, I really did. Thanks so much for having some fun with it. It sounds like a great night have fun. A sci fi rock opera. This is gonna be the first so much ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, it's a sci fi graphic novel live with music. You'll be able to see it, feel it, hear it, and enjoy it. It's a laugh, a lot of laughs and a lot of great rock and roll.
Speaker 3: All right, sounds great. Gary Summers, appreciate it very much. Taking your time tonight, best of one with it. Hope you hope you break a leg and sell the place out. Two nights in a row.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Dan, always good to speak with you.
Speaker 2: Right back at you. Thanks Garry. We get back.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about the presidential election odds if we can make connection. We're hoping to make connection with Leon Blackman. Leon is a I guess what they call. He's with a company called Odds Checker.
Speaker 2: He's in England. He's in England.
Speaker 3: You'll notice the accent when we speak with him, and they follow our elections over there pretty closely. We'll be back with Leon Blackman of Odds Checker checking in on how the BRIT's are feeling about our election right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm delighted to welcome back from all the way across the pond. As we say, Leon Blackman of Odds Checker. Leon, I know it's an early hour in jolly old England, and as a matter of fact, I believe it's Thursday morning already. Thank you for staying up late. How are you, sir?
Speaker 6: I'm good, Thanks Dan. How are you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. I'm doing great.
Speaker 3: How much interest do all of you over in England? Have on our presidential election.
Speaker 2: It is. It's starting to heat up.
Speaker 3: It's five weeks from right now, we may know who actually is going to win this election.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, we've checked in three or four times over the past year, haven't we. And it's just rising and interest each time we speak. And I think the VP debate for me just kind of went over my head. I didn't think I'd have too much impacts on the markets. But there's been a week get it.
Speaker 2: I will bet you it did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, it definitely did. When I first reached out to the team last week, it was the narrative was it was going towards Harris in the markets. But that's taken a complete turn off the last night, which is just surprising.
Speaker 2: Did you get a chance to watch the debate or no, No, I've.
Speaker 6: Seen some pionets. I didn't get to watch the boat debate itself. Yeah, so maybe you could provide some context into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, is to give you a little interesting context.
Speaker 3: The first big presidential debate in this country was in nineteen sixty when Richard Nixon debated John Kennedy, and people who watched it who listened to it on radio thought that Nixon had won. They did polls after debate, but people watched it on television felt the President Kennedy, who looked cool as a cucumber. Nixon apparently was suffering with some sort.
Speaker 2: Of a flu.
Speaker 3: He had refused to have any sort of makeup, he was sweating profusely. He did look the part, and so people watched it on television were convinced that President Kennedy won the debate, and many people saw that one as a turning point in the nineteen sixty election. I don't think that this last night is a turning point. I think it might be an inflection point, meaning that this might change the dynamic going forward. And if you watched last night, the Republican vice presidential candidate, who's only forty, looked cool as a cucumber, and the Democratic candidate vice presidential candidate, Governor Walls of Minnesota looked older. He's only sixty, but he looked older, and he kept looking into the camera and they had the cameras were locked on the two of them, and it didn't help him at all. So tell us what was the reaction, you know, in the in the bets that came in in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Then what did you see?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So with our website we compare odds and take bets on on bookmakers. We've got about twenty one bookmakers who offered the presidential election odds, and before going into the VP debate, there were around sixteen seventeen of them who had Kamal Harris's favor, and coming out of that today it's the majority are now tied exactly on the same odds, and then the ones that are different have Trump just marginally leading, which shows just how tight it is and how they're clueless. Really. That's why I said, if they had any idea, they would be a bigger difference or not. But it's clearly so tight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And of course, but people sometimes don't understand, and maybe you can explain it. The odds makers don't care who wins. They just want to make sure that the bets are pretty equivalent, and that we call it the big over here, the amount of money that the odds maker we call them the bookies overhere.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the term you use over there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Know, that's where they make their profit. They can't afford to have, you know, the odds that are race like this, where you're really just betting the line one, you know, three x on one side. They have to somehow make sure that that it's close and that seems to be what you're getting here. If if it starts to get out of out of balance, tell us what an odds maker does to protect themselves.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they can. They'll have their own political analyzers who will analysts who will look at these markets super close and watch for any kind of indication that it could be going one way or the other, and that in that case they would shorten the price on either Trump or Harris, having them at the exact same odds. At this point, it's just it shows how tight it is and they do not know. And they have experts, professionals who have paid lots of money to analyze these markets, and they still don't know. And another thing to mention with this mark in particular, it's been open since twenty twenty, so it's very mature. There's a lot of money in the markets already, which will factor into how the book makers price up these odds.
Speaker 3: Is there a lot of interest in this because it's an American presidential race, or is there a lot of interest in this in England because Donald Trump is standing for election. I mean he's sort of an international own figure, correct.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think if you look at the elections that Trump's been in, there is a marked interest in those compared to others. I think he's just that character that draws interest from betters, from everyone immediately brings more interest to politics. I think I Trump's running.
Speaker 3: Of all the elections that you folks follow over there, I know what I'm talking about, A big country in Great Britain. I assume that other than you when you have an election for prime minister, that the US presidential election might have the second most interest.
Speaker 2: Is that a fair assumption.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think over the course of twenty twenty four, the US election has been clearly the most the busiest presidential political market that we've had. That's bigger than our election that we had in May. Yes, by long shot, by a long shot. Well, yeah, it's a lot bigger, I think because it was a well known thing that labor are going to win as well. Here, the fact that it's a bit of a toss up still between Harrison Trump makes it more of a betting heat versus our election.
Speaker 3: This is a really dumb question. But that's what I do for a living. I asked questions, dumb leon, do you see over here?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: We of course see people with we call yard signs.
Speaker 3: I'm sure in British elections you have the same thing, bumper stickers, things like that. Do you see much signage meaning bumper stickers or people with signs in the windows on this election in England?
Speaker 6: In the UK? For the US election, Yeah, no, I don't see that.
Speaker 3: Okay, you don't see people wearing buttons or anything like that, somebody?
Speaker 6: No, No, I don't think we'd to be honest, that's not a huge thing for us, even for a general election of our own. You see a sign every now and again, but I don't think it's it's as big as in the States.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, well, I think the British people are a little more reserved generally and a little more polite than we are here in America. And of course, as for prime ministers, you can have elections at any time. You could have someone become a prime minister and have another election a few months for a couple of years later. Our presidential elections come by like clockwork. So maybe that's why we get more excited at least, we seem to be more excited as always. Leon, I so much appreciate you taking the time to be with us. Maybe we'll get you one more time before a little closer to November the fifth, How would that be?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that sounds good. And I know last time you wanted to know about some of the stakes that were made about the price points of what people are putting on this election. I've done some digging into that and give me a couple we Yeah, So every one thousand pound bet plus that we've taken on this election has all been on Trump. So all the big bets have been on Trump. The biggest bet that we've had in terms of profit is at plus one hundred. So one user's placed in one thousand pound bet plus one hundred and it's waiting on Trump and if he wins, he'll be he'll begging one thousand pound profit. So in recent weeks after Harris Harris is right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: What what happens to all the bets that were on Biden in April and May and June? Do they get transferred over to Harris or are they off the board?
Speaker 6: It goes by book maker. Some of them are use it as a pr angles to publicly say okay, we're changing the bets over to Biden to improve their own image. Some will avoid them where they'll give the cash back, and then some will just say it's a no bet and keep the cash.
Speaker 2: It's it's a free market.
Speaker 6: But ranging yeah, Leon, thank.
Speaker 2: You so much.
Speaker 3: We will be back one more time, at least before the election day, which again.
Speaker 2: Is letting now less than five weeks away. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate, particularly with the time difference. It's a one thirty in England if I'm reading my clock correctly.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Le I done all right, good night or good morning, I should say. When we get back, we're going to talk about I think an interesting statistic.
Speaker 2: Only one in.
Speaker 3: Five US adults exercise every day.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk with Jim Leval, he's a clinical pharmacist and a clinical nutritionist, about how top athletes can deal with muscle soreness and fatigue. I'm not a top athlete, but i hit the gym five to six days a week, and I'm looking forward to this interview with Jim Leval back on Nightside right after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Boston's news radio all Right.
Speaker 3: Coupling study, it says just one in five of US adults exercise every day. With us as Jim Leval he is a clinical pharmacist and a clinical nutritionist, that number does surprise me, Jim is that I thought it would be higher than one in five a day. Particularly, people who are under the age of sixty should be exercising to stay in shape, and people over the age of sixty should be doing over the age of sixty should be doing something every you know, every few days at least. What's happening to us here in America?
Speaker 5: I think we're getting sedentary.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: We love taking our golf cart to the end of the driveway to get our mail, you know, I you know, I think some things have gotten too easy. And I was a little surprised by that data too. But at the same time, people get busy, They've got emails, they're testing, they're watching TV. They're doing everything other than what.
Speaker 6: We used to do.
Speaker 5: I'm in my sixties is get out, walk, get moving, move. You know, if you love the work, I like working out with weights, use weights. The problem is the older you get and you start to do it, people start to get sore more quickly, and sometimes they give up, and it turns out that there's some things you can do to overcome that soreness. But I think really helps people when they're first starting out. You know, a lot of folks are trying to lose weight now, a lot of people, you know, whether they're taking medications to lose weight, the popular GLP ones or just trying to do it on their own. They try to get into the gym, but invariably they start feeling sore, kind of achy, and they can't follow through.
Speaker 2: But it's out of the gym. I'm in the gym five to six days a week, okay, and good for you.
Speaker 3: I am on on the very bad side of fifty okay. I've been around a long time. I hit the gym this morning at about eight point fifteen. Some mornings I'll hit it at six point thirty. Get up and get it over with. It's the best feeling of the day when you're done and you got the whole day in front of you. But you don't have to go to the gym every day, even if you just get out and walk three or four days a week. And realizes some people have, you know, ambulatory problems, but you could do some light weights at home, just sitting in your living room chair, just to get rolling a little bit, get the blood flowing well.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, our number one kill is heart disease, and if you could just walk thirty minutes six days a week, you could reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes dramatically. But talking thirty minutes six days a week, I always tell people to get start at fifteen minutes three days a week. Just get started, get some inertia with it, and then I like telling them a few things to take because for example, there was a study that was just done on kyolic age garlic extract, and specifically that extract I was done by doctor Karen Reid, and what she found was that people over the age of forty that were taking this age garlic extract, it increased their oxygen into their tissues and helped to decrease some of the lacta build up, and it improved their endurance and their ability to kind of maintain their stamina when they were training. And it makes sense because it helps to create better blood flow and better oxygenation of your tissues, and the side effect of it is it also helps with reducing plaque in your arteries, and that has been found in multiple clinical trials. So I think some of these things, like Hey, if I'm going to exercise and I'm over forty, I can reduce my soreness. Taking something like that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: That was the great you called it, Jim, you called that garlic extract.
Speaker 5: It was chiolic aged garlic extract. It's actually a extract that was developed by Wakanaga of America and they age the garlic for twenty months. It changes the chemical property of the garlic. You get rid of the stinking rose effects and new compounds come out in the aging process. So it's it's spell nine hundred complications. It's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Would you spell iolic or you know, just in my audience.
Speaker 5: Sure, k k y o L I see tiolic K y o L, I see kyolic garlic, so a lot of Yeah, it's a garlic extract, but different than any other garlic. I mean, nine hundred publications. U c l A School of Cardiology has done studies on it, So I think it's a big one.
Speaker 2: You have to brush eleven times a day after you.
Speaker 5: Use, don't you get no sticking rose effect at all? Yeah, but when you age it, it gets rid of the volatile compounds that make it have that sense. Okay, so you get none of that.
Speaker 3: And what is it coming to pill form or a leaf of what is it coming the capsule?
Speaker 2: Capsule?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the capsule?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that.
Speaker 3: And that does that help eliminate muscle sore on is fatigue and all that does that help?
Speaker 5: Exactly right, There is a big reduction in muscle soreness and fatigue. The other one is coffee is another thing that you could do. Juice is a good one because it increases your nitrocoxide. Get your blood vessels to dilate and then I'll play it. The other one, it was really good. It was a plant sterol, so it's an extraction from plant of plant fats. And what they found was that when runners took sterols and sholins, they didn't get upper respiratory infections after they did their marathon events, which is a big problem for people that are doing endurance work. And you got a lot of people out there running doing half a marathon, doing the Turkey runs, and so the sterols and sterolins are phenomenal. They work really well and they modulate the immune system. So I think that's another one that's a great thing for people to think about. So if you think about kyolic eight garlic extract the moddu care mdcre at, which is a great sterile complex that literally modulates you. News have some lots of studies on it. Don't forget about the beat geese. You can get beat powder nowadays, right, lots of beat powder out there. And then I think a lot of people don't realize coffee actually helps to reduce muscles on it as much as forty eight percent.
Speaker 2: I'm a I'm a coffee guy. As a matter of fact.
Speaker 3: My day started, and I like the elliptical because you take the pressure of a few joints, you work up a great sweat. Do it twenty five to thirty minutes. No, no, no heavy, Come moment, I have a couple of cups of coffee and you're ready for the day. So I just wish more people would do it, that's all. When they get out there, it's tough to it's tough to pull on the gym clothes or whatever. And if you're going to walk. You don't even worry about Jim clothes. Just go out, get a pair of sneakers and do some walking.
Speaker 2: That's you're right on.
Speaker 3: It's all good. It's all good. Hey, Jim, I really our conversation. We'll have you back at some point just to.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: As a place that people can get in touch with you or do you have a book or anything, Yeah.
Speaker 5: They can go to jimv dot com or the real Jim Wival that's my Instagram. Uh, you know, with being the chief science officer at Lifetime, got a lot of posts and activity related around fitting itself in longevity.
Speaker 3: Sounds great, sounds great? Do you want to stay healthy as long as you can? Jim, thank you very much. I really appreciate your your time.
Speaker 5: Thank you, sir, Oh, thank you sir.
Speaker 2: Right coming back.
Speaker 3: Right after the break, we're going to be talking with a Boston Globe sports reporter. But a big decision that you're on Mayo maybe looking down the looking in the mirror about and that is how do you stick with Jacobe Brissett who has had no help with offensive linemen? Or is it time now for Drake may the the first round draft choice quarterback for the New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: They're playing the the.
Speaker 3: Two or less Miami Dolphin this weekend at Gillette, so the Patriots might be able to win this game this weekend.
Speaker 2: We'll talk with.
Speaker 3: Carrie Thompson right after the break on Nightside talk a little football as we head towards the weekend.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way Live from the Window World Nice Sin Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 3: Well, we're getting close to a quarterback controversy with the New England Patriots. Patriots are now one in three. I got to tell you, I thought that Jacoby Present really took a beating last week out in Santa Clara when the Patriots lost to the San Francisco forty nine ers. With us is Carrie Thompson of the Boston Globe. Carrie, you are an interesting piece in the Globe on Monday about coach Gerrod Mayo, who have had in this show.
Speaker 2: Is really neat guy, by.
Speaker 3: The way, and I think that he's a breath of fresh air, particularly in terms of how how tight Bill Belichick ran every every news conference. But it looks like coach Mayo says he's sticking with his quarterback, Jacoby Brissett. What's what's your inside take on that.
Speaker 7: That's right, Dan, and thanks for having me on so yes coach coach Coach Mayo said that Jacoby Brissett is the starting quarterback going forward, at least for this week. And you know, I just don't think the team is ready to play Drake may quite yet. Even though, as you said, Jacoby took a beating six sacks last week out in Santa Clara. He also threw a really troubling interception where he didn't even see Fred Warner and threw it right to him and I.
Speaker 2: Saw I will look at that play really closely. I don't think.
Speaker 3: He even he was looking that way, but I think Warner kind of hid behind a Patriots receiver was coming across with a d back on him, and Warner was, I thought, pretty slick. He just kind of stood there and waited for the receiver and the defender to clear, and there was the ball. Did you see it that way or no? It looked to me like it was a real veteran play by Warner.
Speaker 7: It was one of the best plays he'd seen. Because from Jacoby's perspective, he was saying that he thought he had Tayekwana Thorton coming open behind Warner. But as you were saying, as they as they were crossing, Warner just kind of got there in the middle and froze and Jacoby didn't see it and threw it right to him and boom, touchdown forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the ball was behind where Jacoby should have should have thrown, should have seen it, he should have been leading the receiver.
Speaker 2: But it was right right. And it's you know, keeping he got beat up all day long. He got beat up all day long. Now, the Patriots have three quarterbacks, and I know that in you call him.
Speaker 3: The coach talked about that that some of you guys are looking for the third quarterback to give him a shot, a guy that throws the ball quite a distance and is big and maybe tough and a little younger than Jacobe.
Speaker 2: Tell us about number three.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Joe Melton is a rookie and he's got an absolute cannon of an arm, probably the best I've seen. But the problem with playing Joe is that are you really going to play another rookie over the number three overall pick in the draft like you drafted Drake may to be the future of this franchise. You can't start another rookie over him, can you, Dan Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean the argument would be, look, he if he's going to be the franchise quarterback, you're looking at a guy who is going to probably be the anywhere from you know, ten to twelve years, maybe even a little longer. You don't want him to get really hit a lot in his first season.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that other Patriot quarterbacks have suffered that that that terrible set of circumstances where they come. Look, the offensive line right now has problems and it was compounded today. I guess their center Andrews is going to go to injured reserve and that might mean the season season for him, right yeah.
Speaker 7: Gerard Mayo said he's expecting Andrews to be out for the season with the shoulder injury. Andrews injured his shoulder bad enough that he needs surgery that is expected to keep him out for a long, long time, and it's just the latest in a long list of injuries for the Patriots. Gerard actually joked today that being named a Patriots captain is kind of like the Madden curse and that you automatically get injured. A happened because they're missing Juwan Bentley out for the season two and Kyle Duggar has an ankle injury that you know could keep him out.
Speaker 6: So he.
Speaker 2: Was he was in a walking boat.
Speaker 3: I think I read coming out of the locker room in Surery that's not a good sign. Has this team been a fun team to cover? Now that you uh that does a new coach? I mean, Gid it just seems like a really nice guy. I'm sure Bill Belichick is a great guy. But Bill Belichick didn't want to talk.
Speaker 2: To the media.
Speaker 3: It's very clear to me that he was not interested in talking to you guys. Is the is the sense when you guys are there in the press room after a game or on Monday, you know after a game, that it's that it's a little less tense.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it's a lot more lighthearted. Like I was saying Gerrod, he was joking with us earlier. You know today I will say that, Uh, you know, Week one was fun for sure. You know, I thought we had something there, you know, like gotta gotta gotta win against Cincinnati on the road against Joe Burrow. Uh So, so that was certainly fun. I mean this this group, I will say they're a young, likable group, but there's gonna be growing pains. And you know, the first two weeks they were close, they were close, got the win and they and they, honestly, in my opinion, should have beat Seattle, didn't execute well down the stretch. And the last two weeks have been beat downs.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: I mean the.
Speaker 7: Jets and the forty nine ers. They both really did a number on the Patriots. So it's been a bit of a roller coaster, but honestly, it's been the breath of the fresh air. Having a new uh new regime in charge.
Speaker 2: Give us a give us, we got about a minute left. Give us.
Speaker 3: Obviously, there's no two coming in, no no quote, no first string left handed gunslinger with the with the Dolphins. Patriots I think are what two point favorite, one and a half point favorite. Not not quite what you would expect. I mean, most home teams get at least three in the in the in the spread. Obviously that they can win this week, they can win. I'm not saying they're gonna win, but they can win.
Speaker 7: It is a winnable game. As you mentioned, it's two of the worst offense of the NFL. As as much as people talk about how bad the Patriots offense is, Miami's averaging eleven points a game, which is dead last in the league. So if there's a team that can get into a slugfest with the Patriots in Foxborough and maybe have the Patriots come out on top, I would say it is the Dolphins this week. Even though they you still have to account for Tyreek Hill, you still have to count for Jalen Waddle. Either one of them can break a game, have no question. Yeah, if the Patriots. So if the Patriots, you know, if Christian z Oalz can have a big game and the Patriots can be disciplined in their past rush and keep the quarterback in the pocket, you know, I think I think Tyler Huntley is one of the more beatable quarterbacks that you have left on the schedule. So things are looking good, hope this is this is a big game for the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Well, as long as the Dolphins don't at the last minute suit up Marina, we should be okay, right right. I enjoyed it very much, thanks man. Now you're breath of fresh air too. Come on back anytime you like. We're always left to talk sports.
Speaker 7: Okay, thanks Dan, I love it, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Coming back on the other side.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about decision by the governor today to sign an emergency preamble. We will explain the intricacies of that with State Senator Peter Durant. It deals with a gun bill, and it's an interesting move by the governor, but a move that I think she really believes she had to make in view of this signature campaign that apparently is going a little bit better than people expected. I'll explain when we get back on the other side of the nine o'clock News on night side on a Wednesday night,