Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Ken Tam kays Hi.
Speaker 2: Everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Friday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers sixty three and forty six on this season. The road trip continues after three in Houston, two and San Diego.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are now in Oakland for a three.
Speaker 2: Game weekend series against the EA's Tonight, Gavin Stone gets the ball for the Dodgers first pitch, and the Oakland Coliseum is coming up at six point forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, including hearing from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vatsagoes one on one with Kevin Kiermeyer, one of the newest Dodgers. Shortly, we'll check in with Sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson down on the field. In just a few minutes, we'll check in with our broadcast. Grew out at the Galpinmotors broad cast booth. Well, the Dodgers were off yesterday, a much needed day off after a rough two games in San Diego, as the Dodgers dropped both game to the Padres. In the game on Wednesday night, it was a rough outing for Clayton Kershaw three and two third innings, gave up seven runs on six hits. The scoring started in the second inning. Already up three to nothing, Jackson Profar added to the Padre lead.
Speaker 4: Here's the pitch, swing on and slice to the right.
Speaker 5: That's a base hit on a three to two pitch coming into scores Bryce Johnson.
Speaker 4: It is fod to nothing San Diego.
Speaker 2: Hey, four nothing, Padres lead and the Dodgers were down big. Gavin Luzo would cut into that lead in the top half of the third.
Speaker 4: The word that Dave Roberts used was breakthrough.
Speaker 5: There's a shot to the right field corner that's gonna bounce fair and off the wall around third. As I'm at he will score. They'll hold old Tony and into second. Bay O'tan's gonna come to the play and he's.
Speaker 2: Out now showing o'tan he got thrown out trying to score. Gavin lucks with the RBI double. Dodgers down four to one, and that was it offensively. The Dodgers had three hits in the game, they could not fill it finish out. Dylan Seez, who win five and two third innings, allowed the three hits. The Padres bullpen came in and put up zero's the rest of the way, while the Padres offense chipped away with another run in the seventh inning.
Speaker 3: They had three in the.
Speaker 2: Fourth and they go on and beat the Dodgers Wednesday night by a final of eight to one.
Speaker 3: Dylan sees the win.
Speaker 2: The loss goes to Clayton Kershaw, who went three and two third innings. He falls to zero to one. The Dodgers having a rough time away from the Ravine, they lose two to three in Houston, dropped both games at Petco Park. The Good News New Day New Series and the Dodgers well. They are in Oakland for the start of a three game series against the A's, the final time ever. The Dodgers will play at the Oakland Memorial Coliseum, Gavin Stone on the mount in the series open first pitch at six forty With more, Let's head up to the Galban Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Rick Monday and Tim Neffrick, guys.
Speaker 4: Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Greetings from the Oakland Coliseum, where the guys are a bit overcast right now, but expecting pleasant temperatures for this ball game tonight, the first of three against the Oakland Athletics and the last time the Dodgers will play a series here in Oakland, as the Athletics will be out of here after this year. They'll play the next three, possibly four, maybe more seasons in Sacramento at the Triple A Park there. But for now, it's time to get after the Oakland A's. The Dodgers sixty three and forty six. They've got their slimmest lead in the division since the fifth of May, just four and a half games over the Padres. Meantime, the A's forty five and sixty five. They are twelve back in the American League West, in last place.
Speaker 4: And mope.
Speaker 5: This is the place you know very well, the Oakland Coliseum. You hit the very first home run here for the A's. I know that you're not so melancholy about being here though.
Speaker 6: No, well, in most instances.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: The one thing that has I think been sad is the fact that the A's throughout their existence really has not been embraced as well as you might have thought, especially you start to look at the success that they had earlier on moving out from Kansas City in nineteen sixty eight. I mean, there's no way fans and bunts San Francisco Giants owned the Bay area. All of a sudden boom, this team with green and Gold came into the area and they took part of that existence that the Giants had had really a foothold in this particular area. But it has been kind of strange, including when you look at the very first game that the A's played here in the existence of the Coliseum. It was against the Baltimore Orioles. Oh, they drew well, fifty thousand, one hundred and sixty four. What happened the next night five three hundred and four and everybody came out, we said, where did they go? Well, we didn't really have much to just talk about. The next night, only sixty two hundred rin in the ballpark. So it's been kind of a mixed match. But it's kind of sad that this organization has not been more embraced in the area. But the last number of years they haven't really helped themselves.
Speaker 4: Eventually I grow on people here.
Speaker 5: They do have a good fan base, but they have not been supporting the current ownership here. Six World Series have been played in this ballpark. Has been a ton of baseball history. Major Yeah, for the as you start to look at them. Also, right now, they're playing very good baseball when you start to put in perspective. They won six of the last ten. Meanwhile, the Dodgers have to take care of their own cause because the month of July they went eleven and thirteen. That's the worst month that they've had since twenty eleven. The Dodgers from an offensive standpoint, from a pitching standpoint, and I think overall performance July they'd like to forget about. But if nothing else learned from the mistakes that they made or shortcomings from July, and they can't just look at this Oakland Athletic ball club and go, oh, they're a last place team. No, the Oakland A's were one of the better teams in Major League Baseball acts in July. They had more home runs than any major league team with forty five, and they had the most runs per game scored in the American League at six point two runs a game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're going to be hungry and understand is it a young team? And that's exactly what the A's are, a young team with a with a bannered team comeing in being the Dodgers. This is all about Hey, look, they'll put it into a different level. And one thing about this A's team, if you look at it in particular recently, they're very aggressive, not only at home plate when they get on base.
Speaker 5: On top of it, Dodgers and A's. It's Gavin Stone throwing for the Dodgers. He's nine and four. Joey Estus out of Lancaster, California pitching for Oakland. He is four and four Dodgers A's coming up from the coliseum.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, as we count you down to first pitch.
Speaker 2: Dodger fans camp, get your game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor Shakey's Pizza, Chicken and Bojos.
Speaker 3: You can order it right now at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 2: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck air from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: We will check in with David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We'll dive deeper into tonight's pitching matchup with Gavin Stone on the mound. But up next, we'll get you your Otani rewind and we'll hear from Kirsten Watson live from the field in Oakland.
Speaker 3: Dodgers starting a three game weekend series against the A's. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 2: Next you being with us, I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This Morongo Casino Dodgers on Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and A's from Oakland. Gavin Stone, Joey est Is on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the free why Well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers last played on Wednesday night, and it was a rough night for the Dodgers offense, just one run on three hits that came from a Gavin Lux RBI double shoey O'tani was zero for three with a in the game on Wednesday Night, still hitting three Toho nine on this season with an on base percentage of over four hundred. The Otani Rewind brought to you by Eto ins Oiocha, Japan's number one Green Tea and the Tea the showy Otani loves and drinks available at local diso stores, Amazon and etoin dot com. That's it O e N dot com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from the Oakland Coliseum. Is the start of a three game series against the Oakland A's and Kirsen a Dodgers team. Right now, they need wins. They need to get back on track.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's and that's the biggest focus for this weekend. I mean, look, even when you look at kind of if you break down individuals, Gavin Stone, he's had an amazing first half of the season, and so the last couple of them, not that they've been bad or anything, just they haven't been the usual performance we've been seeing from him this year. So this is an important start for him to get back on track. The division. The Padres are now only four and a half games back. It's the tightest it's been since early May. So now it's time to kind of lock in this road trip. As much as you know they've played, there have been moments of success overall that strikeout rates fit incredibly high, and so now it's kind of you're like, let's kind of shake off some of those cob webs and get back on track. And so hopefully the guys can do that here. But as much as I think there's often the thought with the Oakland A's, you know, are they even not good at a team? They're coming off of their best months of baseball, so they're a good team coming into this one. And the Dodgers are coming off a not a strong month of baseball in July, so it's it's a new month as August's kind of turned the page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their first losing month since twenty and eighteen, and the calendar has flipped to August and the Dodgers are off and running.
Speaker 3: Cares is brought to My Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donating today your car can be picked up tomorrow. It's that easy.
Speaker 2: Donate now a carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a K. Some new faces have arrived. The trade deadline came and went on Tuesday, and then they've all showed up now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so today at both Kevin Kiermeyer as well as I'm in Manzario, they are now with the team and so you can see them all. It's kind of funny because obviously we are used to seeing on the Bazario and Dodger BLUSA. He's now returned. But Kevin just spoke with the media and he talked about he's in there at center field tonight, are in center field tonight, and so he says, look, he just wants to give him the opportunities he guided to be a part of a winning team. He's gone from a team that was not in playoff contention with the Blue Jays now to one that's tops in the division, and so he just wants to contribute. So hopefully he can do that tonight and his Dodger debut, but if not. Dave Roberts was saying, how they're gonna kind of share center field at the moment is essentially like every other day. So tonight is Kevin Kiermyer. Tomorrow is gonna be Andy PAHs and they'll kind of go back and forth. There will be some like matchup related here and there, but for the most part, every other day. So yeah, so you'll see things like that. And he said he didn't really have a role just yet. For Ahmed Wazario, I can decide how he wants to kind of run him out there, could potentially play right field, you can see that, but I think it will tarily be focused on the infield, about off the bench things like that. But there are so there are still some up in the air questions. Just ask to how all of these new players, what the roles are actually going to look like, and that also depends on, you know, guys get it healthy and then working their way back. So I think give it by the end of maybe August, you'll really have an understanding as to what this team is really going to look like.
Speaker 2: We'll find out game one tonight with these new guys in the line of Kirsten.
Speaker 3: We appreciate it. We'll check out with you after the game.
Speaker 1: Still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this opening pitching matchup. David vasegoes one on one with Kevin kiir Meyer. Up next, though, we get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, as we lead you up to Dodgers and A's from Oakland.
Speaker 3: First pitch at six forty. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 2: This is the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night Marongo Casino Resort and SPA A Grand Slam for Good Times Dodgers in Oakland to take on the a's first pitch at six forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Chris Taylor on the IEL with the left groin strain. Miguel Rojas on the IL with the right forearm.
Speaker 3: Tighten this.
Speaker 2: Mookie Bets on the IL with a fractured left tan. Yoshinobiya Momoto on the IEL with the strain rotator cuff. Walker Buehler on the IL with the sore hip. He is going through minor league rehab assignments, including one last night where he struggled to give up four runs. Michael Grove on the IL, but he is soon to come back. Michael Max, Muntsey, Brusdar Graderal and Ryan Brazier all on the sixty day I L All right, let's head back up to Oakland and check out the Dodgers cover and.
Speaker 1: Questions for Dave. Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 6: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Robbers?
Speaker 10: You know, I just think just to go out there and play good baseball, not to get ahead of it. But I'm looking forward to seeing Jack pitch tomorrow. But I think Gavin, you know, coming off, you know, to kind of fine ish outings, I think that I think he's looking forward to getting back out there and bone the way he's capable of and just kind of offensively, We're gonna see some arms that we haven't seen before as far as starters, Uh, some guys we're familiar with out of their bullpen. But just to keep taking it at bats and you know, get untracked and and build some momentum with Gavin.
Speaker 3: Is an important starting for him, just.
Speaker 6: To get back on top of you I think.
Speaker 10: So he had a tremendous first half and he's gonna pitch more than he's ever pitched in his career, and so, you know, just to kind of get it back to you know, getting some strikeouts, being efficient, getting ahead of hitters, and then try to get some traction, you know, for the next for the finishing of.
Speaker 11: The season match up against this team that slugs. I think they've only hit four less home runs than you guys this year.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, it's I wouldn't even say it's an all or nothing ball club there. They've got some athleticism, They've got some guys that can hit the ball of the ballpark. I think for me, it's strike one like it always seems to be, but also being able to put these guys away when you have count leverage and if you make mistakes up in the zone, you know they're gonna hit it hard somewhere where.
Speaker 11: You guys were taking the division for granted at any point, But does it feel like more of a proper division race right now with just where.
Speaker 6: The standings are at.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, And we certainly weren't taking anything for granted. You know, the Padres certainly have played really good baseball and got themselves back into the division race. So you know, right now, certainly that's a part of it, But we just got to get back to winning baseball games.
Speaker 2: Is a big enough part for you influences your in game decisions at all or just kind of ord is you're trying to win each night any different.
Speaker 10: Well, I think, given where our pen is at, given where Gavin's Gavin's at, as far as build up and all this stuff, I'm gonna use whatever I lever I can to win tonight's game, because, yeah, it's it's a very important game for us.
Speaker 7: Here Meyer and Rosario or here how are you planning to use them?
Speaker 10: Yeah? I think for Kevin, I think it's gonna be essentially and every other day with Pahes in centerfield obviously, and you will take down a left handed starter, but he's gonna play centerfield tomorrow, and then my expectation is for KK to play centerfield on Sunday, and then as far as I'm at Rosario, he's gonna play versus lefties I'm not sure where, and he'll be ready off the bench and a pinch it at bat situations in the outfield. And I do I do. I think that, you know, it wouldn't be crazy to think about him hitting for Jason and to slip out to right field.
Speaker 2: I can see that your marriage sort of play is the guy that's like a defensive replacement option.
Speaker 3: Also on days where he doesn't start league games at center.
Speaker 10: You know, it's got to make sense I think Andy's been very good out there, but Kevin is a plus plus defender in center field, so in the right situation, but I don't want to just defense to replace the centerfield or just do it, especially when I feel he's done a really nice job out there.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dug out talking about the new additions and how they fit into this team, and Kevin Stone on the mountain. Tonight brought to you by Service Titan. Dave robert is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team hits the field. You need one for your growing crow attaching business too. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. But we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check out with David Vese for leading you up to first pitch from Oakland Dodgers and a's I Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Debt on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and as Gavin Stone, Joey Esta is the pitching matchup. First pitch from Oakland's coming up at six forty The umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years while providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: All right, DV A lot to get to here if you leave up to first pitch. First off, let's get an update on Mooki Betts and Max Mounsey. Are they any closer to coming back to this lineup?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Good news.
Speaker 11: Max Munsey continues to trend in the right direction after being stalled for so many months in his comeback from an oblique strain that has kept him out.
Speaker 6: Since May fifteen.
Speaker 11: Max Monsey now is swinging the bat, taking batting practice from a coach he Mookie Betts, and newly acquired Tommy Edmund will participate in a simulated game one day next week at Dodgers Stadium. No word on what day exactly, but those three will participate in the same simulated game. The expectation is Tommy Edmund will go out on a rehab assignment. Max Munsey likely to follow but Dave Roberts said Mookie Bets more than likely won't have to go out on a rehab assignment a couple of simulated games, and he believes the Dodgers superstar will be back in the lineup. So I feel consistent with my bold prediction that Mookie Bets will be back in the Dodger lineup before Max month's see, and that feels like it is imminent.
Speaker 3: What about Walker Bueller?
Speaker 2: David last ninety pitching okay, see, it was okay.
Speaker 3: What's the latest?
Speaker 11: Yeah, both starts in Oklahoma City since he returned from a month in Florida to try to get things straight with his hip, and his pitching mechanics have been okay and the Dodgers acknowledged that.
Speaker 6: So he'll make one more.
Speaker 11: Start and be back for the Dodgers probably next week on the Homestand it's now or never for Walker Buehler and the Dodgers to decide whether or not this is going to work out this season or whether or not they cannot count on him moving forward.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford. If there's one thing we like, it's choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the Ford f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called F one fifty David, the Dodgers got a lot of arms in the bullpen is and be closer by committee.
Speaker 11: Now moving forward, well, the last day in San Diego, I asked Dave Roberts about that and he basically said yes. And he basically said yes, he believes closer by committee can work.
Speaker 6: Now we have.
Speaker 11: Seen across Major League Baseball the ninth inning is not for everybody. The good news for the Dodgers is they've have three relief pitchers that have been able to get it done in the ninth inning over the course of their careers. Blake Trinan who had forty nine saves here in Oakland before signing with the Dodgers, Daniel Hudson was the closer of the twenty nineteen clinching World Series game for the Nationals, and Evan Phillips has done it as well.
Speaker 6: So they have guys to do it.
Speaker 11: They just need to pitch better, and unfortunately for the Dodgers, all three have not been pitching their best at the same time. So I was talking to Will Smith about this earlier. It just needs to be a better execution of pitches and he is standing by his pitch calling. He just feels like the pitchers have to execute the pitches better.
Speaker 2: Dave great Stuffle check back you with you in just a couple of minutes, Dodger fans and Hans. You're listening and experienced by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by Lacare Health Plan serving all Angelino's Lacare dot Org. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll get your Dodgers magical moments. Yeah, nineteen eighty eight Dodgers taking on the A's in the World Series. A lot of great moments for the Dodgers that year. We'll relive one of them when we come back. As we lead you up to Dodgers and A's first pitch of six forty of Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers Na's from Oakland. Gavin Stone on the mound, first pitch and the column. I'll see them as coming up at six forty here, it's not about nine.
Speaker 1: Hot Dog who wants that it's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment pitch Magical Magical presented by Hawfy hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, we go back to October fifteenth, nineteen eighty eight. It was Game one of the World Series Dodgers and the Oakland A's. Game was not at the Coliseum in Oakland. Instead, the scene Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers down, ninth inning, Dennis Eckersley on the mound facing the pinch hitter Kirk Gibson.
Speaker 5: Sack's waiting on deck, but the game right now is at the plate.
Speaker 4: High fly ball into light fail.
Speaker 6: She is gone.
Speaker 11: In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened.
Speaker 2: Kirk Gibson with the walk off home run, one of the greatest moments in Dodger history, as the Dodgers won Game one of the nineteen eighty eight World Series five to four over the Oakland A's. This Hofey Magical Moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, a so Cal treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave delicious Hoffey hot Dogs. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check back in with Rick Monday. We lead you up to first pitch in the Coliseum in Oakland, Dodgers as Tim Katsi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Laurentzo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and A's from Oakland.
Speaker 2: Gavin Stone on the Mount Joey estas bry to Palmdale Periclean High School for the A's Dodger fans. Start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill up quickly, So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's LA Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 11: We're joined right now by Charlie Finley's favorite son, Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Hi, Rick, I wouldn't go that far pout. In fact, I knew I was going to get traded, and the reason was because I had a lawsuit pending against Charlie Finley, and it was over the signing bonus that I had received out of Arizona State. He represented one thing, it turned out to be another, and I was just on the verge of filing a lawsuit against him. We're going into very heated arguments, and he tried to make amends and he actually had to dig into his po could and make things right. So I knew my time here was limited, and quite frankly, I was happy about it. I mean, you could see that this organization coming from Kandas City and then in nineteen sixty eight coming to Oakland, you could see that this was a very talented young ball club. One of the things that Finley did exceptionally well back in that area was he believed in scouting, and he had very good scouts, and he'd start to look at the roster, even from beginning in nineteen sixty five, if you will, a couple of years even before then, acquiring a catfish hunter, Luke Krause, and then some of the other guys that were coming in Dick Green the second Basement camping, Kapernaris, the shortstop. There was really a plethora of talent because he went out and really kind of beat the bushes and found very good talent. Course, the draft came in nineteen sixty five. We had three guys that came on from Arizona State, myself, so Bando, and Reggie Jackson coming from ASU within a two year period being drafted. But he could tell that this was a ball club. It was going to win sometime soon. I was on the back end of that sometime soon and they were to Chicago and watch them work three consecutive World Series. But for me, I was happy. I went to the National League and I did not have a pleasant experience with Charlie Finley, along with a few other players.
Speaker 11: So how would you describe your feelings when you walked into the ballpark today, the last time the Dodgers will play here? How did you feel this being your last time coming here?
Speaker 8: It'll be the last time, and it's one of those things I will not ever say. Hey, let's drive by where Oakland Coliseum used to be right now, this is a wonderful collection of reinforced concrete, and that's just about it.
Speaker 11: I love how everybody in the booth is hanging on every word that you have today because they all want to know how you feel well.
Speaker 8: It's one of those things I'm anxious to see. We were talking about this, anxious to see who it is that hits the last as home run in this ballpark, because I know who hit the first a's home run in this ballpark.
Speaker 6: He's my good friend Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly left field off at Dave McNally's. The Baltimore Orioles were in town. So there's a lot of memories that are here. But yeah, I think the unpleasant part of it was how Charlie Finley kind of reacted because, quite frankly, when they first moved out from Kansas City, there were this many people in the front office.
Speaker 6: I'm holding up.
Speaker 8: My right hand that you can count five digits, and I hold have one finger in my left hand. There was a total of six people, and the executive secretary for Charlie Finley, Carolyn Kaufman, who was basically the acting general manager, if you will, under the guidance of Charlie Finley, who would listen to games if he was not here, would listen to the games from his office on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. So it was one of the in fact, Charlie's he had a seat right behind home plate. It had a phone, you know where the phone went to the dugout There was only two feet in front of him, and from time to time he would even call the manager during a game.
Speaker 6: All right, Rick.
Speaker 11: Besides Mount Davis, which was built for the Raiders to come back here, how different does the oak and call a CM look and appear from when you hit your first home run here?
Speaker 8: Well, it appears different because of the mausoleum that they built out there for Al Davis from left center to right center. But if you're looking the overall the field itself, the difference is it was very symmetrical at the outfield. Now there's a couple of different angles. I'm thinking of right center field. At three sixty seven, it cuts at an angle, then it goes to three sixty two, goes to a slightly different angle distance of the same down the line, same to center field. It's in left center, right center. There's change, one big change that I'm finding out from talking to the players. The playing surface has really improved since the Raiders no longer play their games in this stadium, And that's a compliment to the ground screw because they have something to work with on a yearly basis instead of trying to piece things together because one of the problems they ran into in the past. You think back, they would play in the playoffs and or World Series with a chopped up field because football games had already started to be.
Speaker 11: Yeah, now we can remember seeing the twenty yard line, the thirty yard line of going.
Speaker 6: Across the word.
Speaker 8: I remember the first rain delay we ever had in this wallparty nineteen sixty eight. We only had at that time six members of the grounds crew. Well, they had two different tarps. One was on the first baseline, the other one was on the third baseline. They had to get some of the ushers in to do it. They had not really trained to do it. They put the first base tarp on the third base side of the infield. They put the third base tarp on the right side of the infield, and the third of the infield was not even covered, including home plates, so they had to work on that.
Speaker 6: Hey, so the circus was in town even when you played.
Speaker 8: Yeah, que up the caliope music.
Speaker 11: Great to be back here with you, Rick, and certainly we'll enjoy hearing the stories.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's one of those things that they had great success here for a number of years and it is disappointing to see what it has turned in to be.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think that's how the city feels for sure.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Thanks, Rick.
Speaker 11: We'll check back in with you and Tim Neverett as you're on the call tonight Dodgers a's final time in Oakland as far as we know, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend.
Speaker 3: Find out more.
Speaker 2: It's Speedycash dot Com or stop in an LA area Speedy Cash Store. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup with Gavin Stone making his twentieth start this season. Orrick will be back with Tim never right before first pitch and get you those keys to the game. But up next, we go high in time with Kevin Kirermeier, one of the newest Dodgers acquired at the deadline, in the lineup tonight.
Speaker 3: We'll hear from him.
Speaker 2: Next to lead you up to first pitch from the Coliseum in Oakland. Dodgers As I'm Tim kass Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and he as Gavin Stone on the mound. The series opener tonight from the Coliseum. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital LA rank number one in California for pediatric care.
Speaker 3: Find the right doctor at ch LA do or and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 11: Kevin Kirmar be making his Dodger debut tonight, starting in center field. Kevin, Welcome to the Dodgers and thank you for the time.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thanks for having me. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 11: I'm sure it's been a while, last forty eight hours. How have you handled all this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is the first time I've ever been traded middle of the season, with a ton of stuff all over the map right now, but it's a great opportunity, so I don't really care about the other stuff. I care about winning here and doing whatever I can to help these guys win. And I can't wait to show them when I'm about and you know, hopefully get off to a good start. Let them see what kind of player I can be when I'm going good. And I'm gonna do everything in my power to to do just that.
Speaker 11: Kevin, When do you look around this clubhouse? A few of them just walk by. What's it like to be part of this team?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, it's it's amazing. I never uh they were interested me, uh last couple of years in free agency, but me, uh, you know, wearing the Dodger stuff across my chest on the head, It's it's amazing. It's really cool. I feel honored. I'm privileged to be here in this great situation. And uh, you know, it's a it's a star studded roster and a lot of guys can play and the resumes speak for themselves, and I'm just happy to be a part of it.
Speaker 11: Kevin, I read last week that you're planning on retiring at the end of this season.
Speaker 6: Can anything change your mind? I don't know.
Speaker 7: We'll see I uh, you know, playing on turf all these years is really taking a toll on my body and and uh, I know the product I put on the field is a little different than seasons past, but uh, you know, this opportunity right here, I've even moving around in the outfield already, I feel like I already have like an extra gear and adrenaline and you know, good situations like this will pump life into you. And I feel like that's what I have so far. And I can't wait to take the field these guys and just try to win as many games as we can.
Speaker 11: You know, Carl Crawford came to the Dodgers after playing a lot of years like you did at Tropicana Field. You just gave me flashbacks to how he said this could maybe give you a little bit more life to your career.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I've never I've never been on grass more than two weeks at a time. I mean, spring training is the most everget but throughout the season being with the Blue Jays and the Rays my career, I always look forward to road trips just to be on grass. So now for me to have my home field on grass and be on a lot more, I think it's gonna pay huge dividends for my body. And when I'm fresh and I'm moving good. I can be a very efficient player, and you know I can do some damage. So I'm gonna do everything in my power to do just that.
Speaker 11: Hey, before I let you go, Oakland's a big outfield. You're one of those guys that could cover a lot of ground. What do you know about this outfield and how different is it from others?
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is my favorite surface in the big leagues. I love the grass here. Everything's it's amazing. I've always loved it, but especially years as of late. But usually, you know, the only time I ever have trouble is it's a high sky here with the sun. So I'm sure Sunday will probably be a little test, but you know, nothing I can't handle.
Speaker 11: Hey, go feel that grass. You're gonna have a lot of it with the Dodgers and at Dodgers Stadium. Thanks a lot for the time, and we're all very excited to have Kevin Kiermeyer finally patrolling center field for the Dodgers. Thank you, thanks for having me. Let's go there, he goes the man, Kevin Kiermeyer. He can't wear thirty nine. That's Roy Campanella's so he's got a new number in the nineties. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim number ninety three, Kevin Kiermeyer. Glad to have him in a Dodger uniform. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game night, it's group night.
Speaker 2: At Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch from Oakland Dodgers. Hey, coming up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kas's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 4: Deck on your.
Speaker 1: Home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the A's from Oakland. Final time the Dodgers will play the East side.
Speaker 6: Of the Bay Is.
Speaker 2: The A's will move to Sacramento for a few years and then ultimately Las Vegas in twenty twenty eighth, or maybe even after that first pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma. See your Toyota dealers today, they make it easy. Joey Estas on the mound for the Oakland A's four and four record with a four ninety.
Speaker 1: Two ER ray.
Speaker 2: He's a twenty two year old out of Palmdale Yes Paraclet High School. Sixteenth round of the Braves in twenty nineteen, he was all set to go to Long Beach State. Instead, he signed with the Atlanta Braves. He was then traded in the Matt Olson blockbuster deal in twenty twenty two, and he's now in his second season in the big League's been up and down this year from TRIPAA to the big leagues. With the A's last time out two and two third innings out at the bullpen, no runs, two hits or two walks. He has made fourteen starts fifteen appearances this year. He is two and oh, by the way, in five starts at the Coliseum there in Oakland, with a two.
Speaker 3: To twelve ERA.
Speaker 2: He is going up against Gavin Stone nine and four on this season, three three four ERA. Twenty five year old right hander, fifth round pick of the Dodgers in twenty twenty, making his twentiest start already. This season, he has been mister reliable for the Dodgers. He's gone six plus innings in ten of his nineteen starts. Last time out six innings against the Houston Astros, he gave up four runs on nine hits, a couple of home runs, a couple of walk struck out three by goat tag with the loss. He is facing the Oakland A's for the first time in his career, and he's getting an A's team coming off one of their better months in July. They're only forty five and sixty five, but they have won six of their last ten. It's the Dodgers and the A's. Gavin Stone Joey estens the pitching matchup. We are fifteen minutes away from first pitch from the coliseum.
Speaker 3: Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers road trip continues.
Speaker 2: After dropping two and three in Houston losing two straight in San Diego, the Dodgers now in Oakland for the start of a three game weekend set against the A's Gavin Stone.
Speaker 3: Joey estens the pitching matchup. Dodgers fans and hans.
Speaker 2: You're listening and experience to Dodger games by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD.
Speaker 3: It's crystal clear.
Speaker 2: It is a perfect listen on the go on your mobile device wherever you may be listening to Dodger Baseball. And it's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos lakare dot org. All right, before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth Rick Monday, Tim Nevert, guys.
Speaker 5: Tim, thanks again as we count you down to the first pitch at the Oakland College and first of three this weekend. Dodgers and the A's Gavin Stone has the ball Tonight nine and four A three three four ERA makes his twentieth start. July was not a good month for him in terms of earned run average. Over his four starts in July, his ERA was more than six and a quarter.
Speaker 8: A couple of things i'body looking at with the Stone tonight, obviously the control, but the changeup the aufspeed pitch. I think that's a must really at the top of the lineup. And here's why. First pitch against well four to fourteen banning average, he's he's given up also leading off an inning that's a three thirty banning average, and I think most of those have been against the fastballs has been at a high rate. The change up has to come into play better.
Speaker 5: Gavin Stall against Joey Estes. Estes was coming out of the bullpen, but back in the rotation after the trading deadline. Once the Athletics traded Paul Blackburn to the match, so a spot in rotation opened up and Estes is there.
Speaker 4: He makes his fifteenth appearance, his fourteenth.
Speaker 5: Start, the game of the year in triple A, so he gets a chance against his home state Dodgers. He grew up about seventy miles north of Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: And get ready for strikes. He throws a high percentage of strike seventy percent to be exact. The other part too, he is a different pitcher, much better pitcher at home than he is on the road. Where is era away from this stadium is almost seven and a half runs every nine innings.
Speaker 5: Kevin Kiermeyer in the starting lineup for the Dodgers. He and am ed Rosario are here. They're active, and they are ready to go. So the Dodgers and A's played game one of this three game weekend set.
Speaker 2: Tim all Right, Dodgers start the night sixty three and forty six. They are four and a half games up on the San Diego Padres, five up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, nine and a half games buck up on San Francisco as the Dodgers going to play tonight against an Oakland A's team. Yes, it's twenty games under five hundred and twelve games back in the AL West, but they had one of their better months in recent years in the month of July, having won six of their last ten. So it's the Dodgers and the A's the start of a three game series final trip to Oakland before the team moves to Sacramento and then to Las Vegas. First pitch is next. Enjoy the game, everybody. I'm Tim Kase. It's been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network