Speaker 1: Welcome everybody to the Paparazzi Podcast. I am Jedi, he is Mark, and we are back for another riveting episode.
Speaker 2: It is going to be ribboning.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you right now it is indeed. I hope all of you are well and seated comfortably for driving safe and listening well.
Speaker 2: Speaking and driving safe. I've been planning to put out this video. I put it on YouTube, but I've been planning on putting out this video of us chasing Jimmy Kimmel. Did you see it on YouTube?
Speaker 1: I did. I watched it.
Speaker 2: It's been long.
Speaker 1: I think it was good. It was, it was I mean, I was entertained. But you know, it's the kind of shit I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's always a weird thing because you know, I put it out as I think the public would like to see it, you know, I mean I cut off a lot of footage.
Speaker 1: It was paps I view. It was the metaglasses, right, It.
Speaker 2: Was brought to you by Metaglasses, all filmed on Meta glasses, which is why I got them.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks sick to give you the full pap experience. I was on a day rate. I heard the night before about Jimmy. I think everybody heard about Jimmy. It was the biggest news. I mean, I don't know what was bigger, Charlie Kirk's assassination or Jimmy Kimmel getting canceled on his show.
Speaker 1: Well, it's pretty sad that that's even a question, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Isn't it?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: Like I honestly don't know which was bigger news. Yeah, and one guy just got a show canceled. Who gives a fuck about him? He's richer than all of us, you know, combined. I mean I'm talking the entire earth. Someone else got assassinated, you know, for just speaking.
Speaker 1: And I mean it wasn't even canceled, was it. It's coming back on Tuesday. It's coming back tomorrow exactly.
Speaker 2: So I want if it was just they said, hey, Jimmy, we'll let you go back if you just tone it down a little bit with the political talk.
Speaker 1: He's not going to though, is he? And have you watched Kimmel lately?
Speaker 2: I mean I've just seen clips and stuff. I haven't really watched him. No, not like all things.
Speaker 1: It's not entertaining, But none of the late night shows are entertaining anymore. They're all just horseshit.
Speaker 2: They were never entertaining, to be honest. I mean, I like Jack Fallen. He did some fun bits for a little while. You know, his stuff with Justin Timberlake, stuff like that was always funny. But he was probably the most talented out of all of them, except for you know the old school you know, Jay Leno's and stuff like that. Yeah, but Kimmel, I don't think it was ever funny. And I just always find it funny that, you know, he did The Man Show for all those years, and he did a lot of questionable stuff on that Man Show. Yeah, and I mean whatever else he was affiliated with that Man Show because he would always do appearances. It was MTV, you know, he was always doing something obscene for the Man Show. And then he turns around and you know, kind of fights this other fight, and then everybody brings up the old footage of him doing all the Man Show bits, which is you.
Speaker 1: Know, so Kimmel got canceled, you got put on a day, right.
Speaker 2: And he fortunately lives on the same street as our friend of the show, Edwin Castro. So I know the sit well, I know what time he moves usually, you know when he was filming. Yeah, I had seen him come up and down the road or his people, and the one thing I did see all the time was his kind of maybe handy guy or security guy or an assistant guy, whatever the guy is. You know, he's just kind of the guy. All these rich people they have the guy. You know, it's kind of an all guy. Yeah, and nice easy said, same thing I've been doing for a long time. So it wasn't too bad. But I obviously got there first, and then slowly the savages started arriving and arriving and arriving, you know, and it got to be the point where, you know, we're all just sitting in our cars. We're obviously just bored on our phones. Whatever is this guy even home? Is he gonna yeah? Is he going to come out? Because we saw him leave the show the night before in a Rivian and there was no Rivians around. Fortunately. One of the drive bys we saw an Audi sitting in the house next door, which I think he owns both the homes.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, tough.
Speaker 2: Life, and so one two o'clock we see LAPD go up the street and then he started talking to the guy. The assistant guy just kind of a chat whatever. Maybe five ten minutes the cops come back down. They leave no more than about twenty thirty minutes later, Jimmy comes flying down the hill and this is up above Chateau Marmont. These are the really narrow Hollywood Hills street, old streets, old streets, very very narrow. Tons of construction everywhere, construction trucks. It's chaos up in those hills if you're trying to drive around fast, you know. So Jimmy comes ripping down his street, but then he kind of takes Hollywood Boulevard, which takes you up along through the neighborhoods. He doesn't go straight down to Sunset. He goes through the neighborhoods. And he's got the guy following, you know, and at this point he's the blocker guy. Right. Honestly, two turns into this follow because I was the first one on it, and I thought this guy was just going to stop in the middle of the road. Because one saw there was six cars seven cars behind him. I thought he would just stop right in the middle.
Speaker 1: Rod.
Speaker 2: There's no way we're going to get around him. It's a tight you could find a little, you know, a little nook to just pop into and block the whole thing and just sit there and get out and get out and let the air out of your front tire, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, an, I just said that stop see for five minutes.
Speaker 2: And Jimmy would have been gone. Nobody would have ever seen him, right, But no, this guy is glued to the back of his car the entire trip.
Speaker 1: I mean that almost makes it easier.
Speaker 2: And I kept the whole trip, I kept thinking to myself, when's this say, when's this guy gonna stop? And when he's gonna block us? You know, the guy never does. So it's first of all, it's like, why have the guy there? Just what for security purposes? To watch? Maybe to film what's going on? Maybe you know proof. I don't know, because I did hear on an interview with Jimmy or I think it was a text message between him and Corolla when he left The Mancha or the man Show. When he left his show the day before, he was being followed by a helicopter. I think it was a news helicopter. This chase went across Hollywood, across Beverly Hills, down into Century City, where he finally went into a lawyer's office went down underground. All the savages go and run after him, and I don't run because I'm elderly and we've gotten shots. But the funny thing was, I'm on the follow with the Mighty Mofo right friend of the show, True Friend Show, And just like how I was waiting for the blocker to block us, at some point, I was waiting for the mofo to jump out of his car and start shing Jimmy through the windows of his car, because I know what that causes, you know, because once you see Mofo jump out of his car and he goes up to the window of that everybody now has to jump out of their car and get a shot of Jimmy at one of the lights that he stops at.
Speaker 1: Oh, exactly, a trickle down effect. Everyone's going to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so he gets out, he does it. The assistant guy yells at him, tells him to get away from the car. You see it all on the video. But then everybody, everybody has to jump out of their cars or at least pull up and get a shot. I was lucky enough to pull up at a signal and get up to him where I could just shoot it from my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he had no tint on the front either, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: No tin in the front, and he just wouldn't look. We were yelling at him, trying to be supportive of him, but I mean, I'm not supportive of him, but.
Speaker 1: You know, I wondered. I didn't think you were, but when you when you were yelling it, yeah, you know, it didn't make me laugh. We love you, Jimmy or we support you Jimmy, Like, no, you don't. Mark.
Speaker 2: I know you well, and Mofo is a Jimmy supporter in this sense, so he was yelling at you. But it was funny because'm shooting him out of my window and I look over to my right and Mofo is right there and my passenger window shooting across through me through my same shot that I'm doing, which is so Mofo style, you know. So he goes to the lawyer's office. We don't see him for the rest of the day and he's gone. But the pictures are done, and I believe I probably got the only shots that you know, because when I was going through my shots, there's a lot of stuff, a lot of him looking away, a lot of this whatever, But there was one shot in there that actually looked like he was kind of bummed. You know, he's kind of looking up, kind of got his head back, and all he's doing is trying to keep his head above like an area where you you know, you can't get a shot low. And it's just he just looked a little distraught. And they love.
Speaker 1: That look, you know, Oh yeah, it look good.
Speaker 2: And out of all the pictures that I saw that came out of that follow, I didn't see him like that. And when he got out of the car in the end and the savages that got him down there, he had this huge smile on his face when he got out of the car. Yeah, it was something different and it was good, and you know, it was a little nostalgic going on one of those follows, you know, running across town, running red lights.
Speaker 1: How crazy did that follow get?
Speaker 2: Well, everybody in the chase except for two people that I had no clue who they were skying. This old Toyota pickup truck looks like he maybe moved out of here from like Tennessee or something. I'm not sure, had some blade Oakley's on and you know, maga hat backwards it's kind of weird, but he was kind of rookie ish. But everybody else was pretty good. I mean, we were all, like I said on the video, we were all joking for a position. It really didn't need to be that way because we're all just kind of it's a long follow, and we're all just kind of getting stuff here and there, and we don't need to make it dangerous for anybody. Yeah, and the block that was behind Jimmy kept, you know, trying to muscle us out a few times, which got a little awkward.
Speaker 1: I did see some really nice cars on that follow. I was surprised by the PAP cars. The Pap cars. There was a really nice Mercedes on the follow. Yeah. Yeah, And what didn't make sense to me is the photographer. And again you can go and watch it on the Paparazzi podcast YouTube, but the photographer like stopped his car in the traffic, went into his trunk to get his short lens. Ye who's sitting on a doorstep knowing it's going to be a follow, and you've got your camera and your lens in your trunk, come on that on your passenger seat.
Speaker 2: Well, and he's an experienced photographer, as well. So yeah, I think that he would know what he was doing.
Speaker 1: And he's driving like an eighty thousand dollars Mercedes.
Speaker 2: Yeah he should have a button where like his short lengs just pops out of the center console and there.
Speaker 1: It is, right, you know, yeah, that shit's crazy.
Speaker 2: It was definitely, you know, an old school follow. That was I'm sure entertaining for everybody. Everybody kind of just congregated afterwards and kind of caught their breath and was like, yeah, you know, yeah, just like.
Speaker 1: The old that's it. Those kind of you know, in the old days in LA you could get on a follow like that every day. Now not so much, like only if there's a big story, you know, a news related story. Right, you're not gonna get like who I can't even think of anybody, maybe like is Affleck still covered like that? No, not anymore? Right, No, he can get six or seven guys on him.
Speaker 2: I talked to another photographer that day and I said, you know, I turned to him, and he's one of those guys that just has to you know, has to destroy your point and top you every single time you talked to him. You know, if you say you made five hundred on a picture he'll say he made five thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went up to him and I said, I said, oh, you know, it felt good. Haven't been one of those in a while, huh. And he looks at me and goes, what are you talking about? I'm like, what do you What are you saying? He's like, yeah all the time, like shut no, it doesn't like and he said he said he does on affleck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I spoke to the Mighty MOFO a few weeks ago and we were talking a little bit about follows, and he said he hasn't been on one where there was another car in months, Like he'll spot a celebrity and it'll be exclusive. He said. Sometimes he goes days without seeing another photographer in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And on that follow, I mean, I don't know how I looked from at the outside point of view, but watching the MOFOL work, he looked like an elderly driver out there on that follow. I mean, I can tell that he hasn't been on one in a while. And I'm sure it was the same with me because I started out first in the follow and at the end I was the last.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, I'm just but I haven't got it in me anymore, like I care, but I don't care to the point where I'm going to be running red lights. There's risk of an accident or just anything like that, you know, especially when you're on a day rate and you're getting paid the same regardless.
Speaker 2: Well, definitely makes a little bit of a little bit of patience, a little bit of skill to kind of oh yeah, now look at the light and kind of scan the light before you decide to pop the light and make sure that there's no cameras, there's no one's gonna you know, flash up your car stuff like that. You know, Yeah, that could ruin your day for sure.
Speaker 1: To get for everybody living outside of the US, the traffic lights here when they're about to change to red, there's actually a countdown for the people crossing the road so you can see, you know, nineteen eighteen, seventeen five four three two, oh fuck, speed up, speed up. You know you've got another couple of seconds as it hits one to get through. So it is nice having that countdown. I think they've got that in the UK or through Europe. Really yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he's back on Tuesday, and we'll see how that goes. But you know, short lived story.
Speaker 1: It was good though, you know, it did give a lot of people a lot of work day rates came in for quite a few people on that story, right, you included so that, you know, nice to get you back working for that outlet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're still going because, I mean, he's back on Tuesday. So tomorrow's Tuesday, and they've they've put people back on it. Oh, I bet, But I just don't really get it really because he doesn't. I mean, his routine is he doesn't do anything until you know, noon, and then he drives the studio and then that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too exciting, but yeah, all pays the same whether he does something or not.
Speaker 2: The MOFO did get backed into though, in front of me really while we were up on that job, sitting on Marmot. Yeah, one of the neighbors backed out of their driveway.
Speaker 1: Oh no, ship.
Speaker 2: He spots plenty of space too, and you know a little and this guy just comes out and he smashes right into the side.
Speaker 1: Of Oh god.
Speaker 2: So it's funny because when you look on the when you look on the video and you see more car he's in obviously in the Chevy or whatever it is. Yeah, you can see damage to the side of his car, which is which is kind of a symbol for a pap. A lot of those savages out there, they have damage to their car from getting in car chases and just being shitty drivers. Yeah, so that's not that's not any that's not anything on him for doing anything wrong. It's just damage that was caused earlier that morning by some dumb ass Tesla driver backing into his car.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got a question for you. Yeah, have you ever gotten an accident on the job your fault or not your fault? I have not really really. My first year for the agency, I was driving a Satin View Do you remember those cars? I do, And I think it was a silver one and it had the turning circle of a fucking double decker bus. Just just awful and was on the follow. Was on a Paris Hilton follow with from Kings. We were leaving fred Seagull so we were going up is it Crescent Heights and Melrose. Yeah, yeah, we just shot Paris. A bunch of us old school la So like twenty cars were on this follow. We shot Paris at fred Siegarll and she's on her way back towards her house, and then I think she she turned around and started going back down the other way. And Schwafts on the next tell to me, do a U turn, do a U turn, Jedi, do a YouTube biby do U tuh. I'm like, I don't really have room to do it. He's like, bibe, do it, fucking do it. Do it? Like ship wheeled around to do the U turn and bam, another path went straight into me, and it was it was completely my fault for doing the U turn, like crossing the double yellows and doing the U turn. And then I hear, I didn't tell you to do that. Don't tell anybody I told you to do that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny because you were a brand new.
Speaker 1: I was brand new, and I had to pay out of pocket, oh my money for repairs of the car. And I wasn't making very much money in my first year, although you know I was on it was basically an internship, so I was being paid less than peanuts and I had to spend a lot of money on that repair bill. And Schwapp, who was making a fuck ton of money, didn't help the rookie out.
Speaker 2: And the agency you were working for probably was making a ship ton of money too, and they probably should have just taken care of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. But yeah, I'm sure that wasn't I'm sure that wasn't Phs cool because he would have he would have probably looked after me. I had imagine it was. It was probably down to b lot. But other accidents I have been in, like a bunch of accidents on the job in LA. That was the That was the only one that was my full. The others were just like I'd been backed into a bunch of times, like rear ended. But that's like not on follows not working. It's just driving, like trawling around or you know, between jobs or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeahs bumped into things like that, you know, bushes, scratches, that kind of thing. But I've never actually been hit or hit anybody in Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well I got I got rear ended so badly, probably like seven or eight years ago. And you know, I actually I was out of work for a month. I like tore tendons in my ankle and something else in my leg, and I fucked my backup as well, and I was off work for like three months.
Speaker 2: What was that on?
Speaker 1: I wasn't on the follow I was. I was driving from somewhere to somewhere. I was on Sunset by Sunset Plaza, and there were there were people waiting to cross the street like you know, zebra crossing, and I slowed down and let them go. Looked in my rearview mirror and the car behind me wasn't slowing down and just fucking went straight in the back of me at forty miles an hour. Wow, Yeah, sent me flying down the street. So La is a scary place for driving because there are a lot of bad drivers.
Speaker 2: Well, now we have robots.
Speaker 1: Well exactly, it's much safer now because the people driving the cars aren't people.
Speaker 2: Well, and the news stations, I almost want to follow the robots around. I'm probably gonna get ideas right here, but I almost want to follow the robots around because people are making cash off of videos of the robots doing things wrong.
Speaker 1: Really Yeah, Like.
Speaker 2: I saw a news report of a guy who's like in a in like a like a wheelchair, yeah, and a robot kept like bumping into them.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, what?
Speaker 2: And then there was there was another video of someone where there was a robot crossing in front of a fire truck that was on its way to a call and they had to sit and wait for the robot to cross in front of it. These are delivery robots, by the way. Yeah, so I did see the other day. You know, we talked about waymos, and honestly, this is going to be a segment that we're going to keep going with here because you know, I see these waymos and there's so many of them now, Jedi. I mean, even since the last time we talked to them, we talked about them, it seems like there's twice as many. I found this move interesting, okay, you know the move where you're pulling up to a signal and I do this now because I drive an electric car and electric cars always have the advantage. Now or something else. You're pulling up to a light and there's the right turn that's open, but you pull up into the right turn, but you sit there and wait and then when the signal goes, you go and you cut off all the cars, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw Waimo do this the other day. Ah, so he the signals read, he pulls all the way over to the right. I thought he was going to make the right turn, you know. Yeah, sat there for a while and I'm like, oh my god, this thing's actually going to make the move. And I watched him. I should have filmed it, but I watched him make the move. I thought that would have only been a human move, absolutely, because it's you know, it's an emotional move, you know, it's I want to get in front of you move. I'm late for somewhere. I think I'm better than you, I think i'm faster than you. I'm going to get in front of you, right, yeah, So how is the robot making that decision? They are old wing, they are everybody and their mother came out in favor of Jimmy Kimmel.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I love people.
Speaker 2: I mean the last thing I heard was like Tom Hanks, Jennifer Aniston, Martha Stewart, something like that. It almost seemed like the entirety of Hollywood came out for Jimmy Kimmel in this sense, and a lot of people got canceled, right, I mean, I don't see it any different than these teachers that were showing footage or talking shit and then they got fired, or you know somebody else that was in a job that said something wrong and then they were fired. I don't see it any as any different. What do you think about all these celebrities obviously not saying anything for Charlie Kirk, but also you know, come out.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot did come out and talk about Charlie. I think Chris Pratt came out and a lot of them paid their respects to Charlie. You know, a lot of them did, but and obviously a lot of them didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you've got you've got the guy who dies of old age, you know, he dies five years old, and he dies, and you have to make your tribute to, you know, from from either side or whatever. I mean, Chris Pratt obviously.
Speaker 1: Middle Republica, all of the Republican non Republican celebrities basically came out and paid their respects to Charlie, and all the others didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. And I don't understand why that, you know, because this is obviously something that's different than just you know, Gene Hackman dying or something like that. You know, yeah, it's not the same. It's a different thing. Like in an assassination. You would think that everybody just kind of has to come out to say, hey, this is wrong, right.
Speaker 1: I think so, regardless of whether they lean to the left or lean to the right. Yeah, it's a young man dying. Yeah, there's way too early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's there is a line that you need to eventually cross that would cause everybody to kind of unite in this whole thing. But what I also found interesting was, you know, his I didn't watch his memorial. I just watched highlights from the memorial. But I've heard interviews from people, and I've heard a lot of stuff about it since then. And there was what over two hundred thousand people that came to this thing. Yeah, and we're talking all the heads of states at this point, right, because everybody's right wing and Republican and stuff like that. Whatever. Not one person from either Hollywood or the left or the Hollywood left or anything at the memorial. Did you see anything?
Speaker 1: I didn't watch it, but I mean, did you hear anything about it? Like? No, To be honest, I've been so busy the last couple of days, I've not even been on the websites.
Speaker 2: Well, We're going to get into that in the second half here, so well, So what I'm saying is, you know, this was obviously a big deal. It's an assassination it's an assassination of an innocent person, respectively, right, Yeah, and not one, like, not one person from Hollywood left or influential left could just show up to this memorial and just show some support, or maybe like five or six of them kind of get together and say, hey, you know what, we should show up to this thing just to show a little bit of unity somewhere because of this act can't happen again, Like it shouldn't be happening, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Oh, absolutely, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: I just thought that was really disappointing, you know, like of all of Hollywood. You know, we're talking hundreds and hundreds of people, and you saw the people that came out in favor of Jimmy and his whole show. Not one of those people. And I don't care about messages or whatever. This is the memorial two hundred something thousand people televised. Nobody, not one person. Yeah, that kind of worries me, you know, it worries me that the division, especially in Hollywood is like that. You know.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's not just Hollywood, is It's it's.
Speaker 1: All over the country and the world.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back with Jedi's journeys.
Speaker 1: So Part two takes us the Delaware, Delaware home. Delaware is that Wilmington, Delaware, the home of former President Joseph Biden.
Speaker 3: It starts on a Friday afternoon when nothing happens apart from me flying into town. It takes us to Saturday when Joe Biden attends a Saturday evening church service.
Speaker 1: Five pm. To be exact, Jedi shows up at four pm, nice and early to do a rekie. Yeah. So I am assigned to try and photograph Joe Biden after some pictures or some video came out of the week prior with him with a big old scar on his forehead. So I got the task of going down to Delaware. And I know from working Joe in previous places that he likes to attend a Saturday early evening church service, and this one was It was a five pm service. I got there at four to do the full WRECKI and with president's ex presidents, anyone that has secret service, you make yourself very aware to the secret service. You don't want to be putting your hand in a bag to get your camera and then thinking you're reaching in for a firearm and you get your head blown.
Speaker 2: Off, especially.
Speaker 1: Especially these days. So I said, I got there nice and early. About about four point thirty, the Service rocked up to you know, do their wreki on the place as well. I lifted my camera up, gave them a big wave, you know, pointed to my camera and just got the nod of acknowledgment. They knew, they knew who I was. Five o'clock rolled round and there was no sign of Biden, so I was a little worried. But as his service were already there, you know, I kind of figured he was still coming. So at five past five he rolled up and he was met by the Secret Service, and he was driven obviously by the Secret Service too. It was a two car entourage, so Biden was in the front car, more Service were in the second car, and as he was met, it would have been you know, it's supposed to be a nice walk to the church through the gravestones, and the frame I wanted was Biden alone surrounded by gravestones. Great frame. Anam Canum actually got it like a few months back after the cancer diagnosis, so that was the frame I wanted. But he was met by more Secret Service guys there who walked right next to him, kind of blocking my frame the whole way. I just got like a crappy side view of his face. But I figured, hey, you know what, at least i'll get it when he comes out, because there's no way they're going to try and block my shot again. So he turned up five minutes late for service and left fifteen minutes early before the end of it out of a side door. I still saw them leaving, but he was blocked by the same Secret Service guy the whole way. But when they turned to get back to the cars, I had it down the barrel full length. So it was nice. I still got something, but it wasn't wasn't the frame I wanted, and you know, the client was happy, but they still wanted him out and about. They didn't just want him at church. They want to see what Joe gets up to. So that was on the Saturday. So I went back on the Sunday, and I think it was about ten o'clock in the morning. The same two cars came out, so actually I did get on follow and this was discrete as well. It wasn't. I wasn't trying to be too discrete because, like I say, with the Secret Service and presidents. You want them to know you're there and that you're not a threat. So I followed the car for like thirty minutes and it went It went to a spin class. So I'm like, there's no way this is going to be Joe, and it was. It was Jill. Jill got out and it was actually it was a really really crappy day, pouring with rain, just miserable, so there were no frames going in. Like I said, I was still kind of discreete and I wasn't sure whether they had seen me or not. It turns out they hadn't seen me. So I photographed Jill Biden leaving, leaving her spin class, and I followed it back to the house. And by then the company the paper I was on for wanted the pictures over, so they'd already had the church pictures which they held onto from the day before, and they added in the Jill Biden set to the church set, and they put it up maybe an hour after I shot it, so then I knew that they were aware that I was actually sitting on the house and working the house. In about three o'clock, the two cars came out again, but this time a third car came out with them, and the third car parked right in front of me and blocked me from leaving. Wow, a light had changed and the third car left, so I caught up with the cars, and then another car showed up and blocked me from going off of the freeway exit that they exited on. I read that Joe Biden basically does everything in this one town, like right by his house, so he's not going to venture too far. So I've had, like I've been told, a store that he likes to shop at and another place where he likes to get coffee. So I checked both of those places out nothing, And as I'm just driving around the town, I spot the two Secret Service cars backed up in a grocery store parking lot. So I drove around to the grocery store, parked at the grocery store, got out of the car, had my camera ready, Like I said, I don't want them to think I'm a threat. I could tell he was in the grocery store just by the way the cars were parked. Then the third car that blocked me earlier came back into the parking lot and parked so close to my car that there was no way I could get back in my car to follow. If I wanted to follow, I couldn't get in the car. Parked so close to my door that not even like a piece of cardboard could get into my car by way like ten to fifteen minutes. And at this point I wasn't sure whether it was Joe or Jill, or Joe and Jill or Jill and Joe, But it turns out it was just it was it was Biden. It was just Joe who had gone to the grocery store to pick up a couple of bits and pieces. He came out with his grocery list of a bag and did his this kind of shuffle, spoke to some boy scouts, posed for some pictures with them, got back in the car, and went back on his merry way, and that was the end of my assignment. It was. It was a nice one. It's always an absolute pleasure to shoot anybody that has been or is a president, love them or hate them. It's it's still very cool to be able to get that close and shoot history. I guess even if I just fucking grocery shopping, it's still like iconic. And yes, that was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I I mean I come from a time where obviously people were in favor or posed to whatever president and their policies and stuff like that. But as a kid and growing into you know, an adult probably and it's probably twenties, maybe my thirties, you still were in awe or respected or had you know, respect for the sitting president no matter who. Yeah, like policies weren't that big of a deal. So seeing a Joe Biden on the street or something like that, obviously I would still feel even though I totally disagreed with everything he did pretty much throughout his presidency, I would still think of the guy as you know, respectful and live and presidential. So I don't know where that's gone. So the security precautions are crazy now. We're at a point now where there's literally assassinations. So I think about it when I'm on the job. Obviously you're thinking about it when you're on the job, especially when you're around secret Service making yourself known. You know, normally we wouldn't have to do that, you know, five ten years ago, we would just sit in our cars, wait for the opportunity and just pop out and get some shuts, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, crack crack a window, you know, leaving up room to get you know, a clean frame, not through it tin and just just bosh away unbenownst to anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean even today I was on just a low budget movie set, just checking out what was going on on the set, and you know, the way I was kind of creeping around in my car made me feel like, you know, if there's someone looking out their window right now, or if there's a guy walking down the street, you know, everybody's kind of hyper sensitive, hyper alert on what's going on around. They're gonna look at what They're gonna be like, what's this guy doing here? What's this guy doing? Or when I'm walking around with my Trader Joe's bag with my camera in it, you know, in that bag, why is he on this corner? Why is he standing there staring across the street.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, absolutely, Oh it is kind.
Speaker 2: Of tough for us. And I mean these days, you know, like I go to reach or you go to reach into your bag. Who knows who's around armed and thinking that we're going to do something weird, which we are, like we're literally about to shoot somebody. Yeah, we're not shooting them to kill them. We're just shooting them with a game. But it's the same move, you know, absolutely, yeah, move to grab a gun or to grab a camera, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean that this leads me nicely into the next story. I was given the task of trying to photograph Galainne Is laying Julane Maxwell. You know, I was the last person. I was the first person to photographer in Tallahassee in prison. I was the last person to photographer in Tallahassee in prison. And when she was moved to the new facility in Brian Texas, I had four different phone calls for me to go and get her there, but I was on another job in Nantucket. I know, she's like your Sweeney cell mate exactly. I know of five six photographers that have had gone down to Brian Texas when she was first incarcerated there, and you know, none of them were lucky enough to get a thing, you know. I know that when she was first put in there. The guys, my friends that went to do it are discrete photographers that you know, on any day of the week can get their job done. But they arrived to Byron, Texas and there were locals there standing outside their cars with their cameras out. Not very discreet and you're probably not going to get a high profile inmate when security guards and everybody know you're there. And this is the same prison that Elizabeth Holmes and Jen Shah are in. Nate Dogg and myself did a podcast from there a while ago when it was homes his fiftieth birthday, and dog and I did get them. But since that time, they've rapped the prison. The prison has been wrapped. It was just chain link fence before, chain mil fence, whatever you guys call it, and it is now completely wrapped since since Maxwell's got in there, which didn't make the task of photographing her very easy. Now I'm not going to get into any specifics or give anybody any clues as to how I did it. I had to get inventive, but I did. I did get her. It's funny she walks around the prison, and this isn't giving up information because people walk around the prison. Inmates in the prison walk around the prison with umbrellas because it's very hot in Texas and very sunny. You know, it was hitting ninety two degrees when I was there last week. So it makes sense to walk around with an umbrella.
Speaker 2: But if you're just a person shopping in a shopping mall, exactly an inmate, you know, suffer fucking get a burn. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The first time I spotted Maxwell, on one of the days, she was walking around with an umbrella completely covering her face, her head. You couldn't see anything, but I know the way she walks, I know, I basically know her mannerisms, so I knew it was her without seeing her face. So I figured, you know, I got down, I got her routine down, I got the timings down of when she moved around. I knew that. I just at some point, she's going to slip up because she doesn't know I'm there, The guards don't know I'm there. Nobody knows I'm there. And at some point in time, on one of the occasions that she's out during the day, maybe she has a lapse in, you know, just a mental lapse and holds the umbrella up high enough. So I was there before sunrise. I was there, you know, when it's still pitch black, and she came out and the umbrella was still covering her face in pitch black, So you know that she's being told by somebody in the government keep your head down. She's not doing it for no almost like I do not make eye contact with any other inmate, because Byron as well, it's it's a super low security prison. The inmates in there are you know, it's it's fraud, drugs, no.
Speaker 2: And name some of the others that are in there that people might not know.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, like I said, Jen Shah is in there from Housewives of Real Salt Lake City. She was in there for fraud. Elizabeth Holmes is in there for fraud as well. You know the Farranos founder played by seyfried In in the movie or the show or whatever. These are low level crimes that didn't really hurt too many people, not you know, Maxwell's a sex offender. You know, she procured these women for Epstein. She is a registered sex offender. And a lot of you know, the low level criminals in there were upset when she was moved there. So I think she's basically been told, you know, keep your head down, cover yourself up, no eye contact with any inmates, and possibly there's a chance that at some point you're going to people are going to try and photograph you again, so keep your head down and your umbrella down over it basically. But what so the last day, the day that I did actually get her, it was her last movement of the day. Like I said, I've got I know it like clockwork now, I know every time she's coming out during the day, and it was the last last movement of the day, not the last chance, because I probably would have given it another day. But she came out of her cell block and the umbrella was just above the top of her head where I could see full face, and I'm, I'm, I'm, I just absolutely blasted the crap out of her, completely blasted it. But going back to the you know, assassin and the shooting, if I was somebody that wanted to take her out, I could have done it, you know. And that is I think a huge security lapse on the prison, and I do think heads will roll. It wouldn't surprise me if Maxwell gets moved again. She's sure as shit will not be moving throughout the prison the same way that she was when I was I was when I was photographing her, and I think it is going to be a hell of a mission. But anybody else is ever tasked with trying to photograph her in that prison to get it. I think there's going to be a huge clamp down. Well, it is a huge fuck up on the prisons part that I got up basically.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've got a few thoughts on all this. You know. Number one, on movie sets, I have to deal with umbrellas, but I might have to deal with them for a few minutes, you know, waiting for the umbrella to tilt up, maybe after ten maybe an hour, maybe two hours tops I might have to wait for which is very very rare. It's very rare that someone has to deal with an umbrella tilt after days.
Speaker 1: So it was it was brutal just knowing that the perfect clean shot was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to happen multiple.
Speaker 1: Times, multiple times over the number of days I was there, just to see it presented to me time and time again and not be able to get it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, the king or queen of umbrellas is Taylor Swift, right, and I have five or six of them around her, So there's no way of getting anything but to get the shot, you know, after you know, hours or days or whatever of you know, I'm waiting for the umbrella tilt and then once you get it, I mean, it's it's it's the greatest feeling. But at the same time, we're supposed to live in a society where a photographer can get a shot of somebody doing something whatever after days of waiting and waiting, and you know, of all the precautions they do of someone actually maybe getting a photograph or maybe an inmate seeing you or anything like that. Us going to the the thought process of saying, you know, if I wanted to get a shot off, I could have done that. That's the way all securities, security teams and stuff. They obviously live that, right They look around, they try and figure out where someone could come from where to us, to me, to you seems pretty easy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we'd be we'd be great high as for these people's security teams.
Speaker 2: So if anybody wants any consulting on, you know, any security because obviously, you know these guys they're maybe ex Marines, ex military whatever, you know, ex police, ex swats, whatever they want to do. But we might have a little different perspective, you know, being photographers and being as sneaky as we are about getting photos and stuff like that, because we always get the photos. It doesn't matter. And in that sense, you know, if we were a threat, we would get the shot. So maybe consider that when you know you're considering your security for you know, your Charlie Kirk situations and stuff like that. You know, we might have had a different perspective. I maybe would have looked at that roof, but you never know. Yeah, either way, it was a great shot. We're talking legendary status, Jedi status. But I mean, what are we well Jedi stuff? You were talking about other photographers being good and skilled and stuff like that. Well, there is skill and then there's Jedi skill.
Speaker 1: So I mean, yeah, it's it's still Yeah, let.
Speaker 2: Me ask you this. If you know, if it's giving it away, then don't answer. But was height? Did height have anything to do with it? Because I mean we're talking about an umbrella being able to tilt up right if you're low. Obviously a low tilt is a tilt and you might be able to get a quicker but were you waiting for a higher tilt? You could either say no comment or you know.
Speaker 1: I mean the umbrella was just over her face. I just needed the umbrella to be lifted up a little bit. Yeah, Okay, that's that's all I was waiting for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know the layout of the place. I don't know if there's like a hillside or something where you're it's flat. It's flat because there is a point where if you're looking at an angle that's above the tilt is never going to get there, you know.
Speaker 1: No, exactly, Yeah, no, it was. It was flat, flat, very very flat land like saying, just needed other inmates were walking with your umbrella's flat behind that, you know, shame her son. She was just covering her face with it, and like I said, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: She's using the umbrella to cover herself rather than just the sun. Just one Yeah, yeah, well good.
Speaker 1: Shot, dude, Thank you, thank you very much. It was fun. It was fun. I enjoyed it since I couldn't get there with all the other photographers at the beginning of her incarceration that it was one that was on my bucket list to go and have a goer to give it a whirl.
Speaker 2: I mean, you couldn't know those guys, right, Sorry, you wouldn't have been able to get it anyway with those guys.
Speaker 1: No, but you know, I still wanted to be a part of it. I had I had fomo when they were all there together, So yeah, happy to take that one off, and I certainly don't want to be going back there ever.
Speaker 2: Again, Yeah, it doesn't sound like fun.
Speaker 1: No, I'd imagine the security there probably have a picture of me now they have my name, and I do not think I will be welcome in the area.
Speaker 2: Well until they bring the next high profile inmate there to join the rest of them in.
Speaker 1: Their club fed Yeah, exactly. Oh they what else do they call it? Camp cupcake? I think it is the other one that's a good being up to anything else.
Speaker 2: The only thing other thing I've been up to is nursing a hurt back. Yeah, but that means I've been watching stuff. Oh okay, maybe we should end this with a little what you're watching. I don't know if you watched any Jedi.
Speaker 1: I've not watched anything, you know what. I've been so fucking busy and so so tired. As the day ends, I've just been going to bed, and I'm very excited to do that. Surely.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been watching stuff, and I'm actually looking at my notes right now, and I'm kind of realizing that the most recent stuff is not not actually in my notes.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic.
Speaker 2: But I will you know, I will touch on some other stuff here, but I'm just going to rattle through a few of them real quick. The New Terminalist Dark Wolf very good, okay. Chris Pratt, he barely makes a you know, an appearance in it. It's mostly Taylor Kitsch that does his thing.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of a prequel to the to the last one. You know, I've shot them both, got a little stuff on each one of them. But it's good. Go go check it out. And I haven't been to the movies. What there have not been any movies. Wow, I've just been watching shows at home. I did come across a Denzel Washington movie.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Denzel, okay, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so does everybody. Everybody loves Denzel. The only problem with Denzel is he just always plays Denzel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's only a problem if it's that's not what you're looking for.
Speaker 1: He started good at playing Denzel.
Speaker 2: And he is so Denzel in this one. It's called Highest and Lowest Movie, and he plays like a record producer. It's a Spike Lee joint.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: Spike Lee describes his movies as Spike Lee joint and he plays a music producer. He's basically Jay z Okay and this thing, his son gets kidnapped. But then it's not his son that gets kidnapped. They mistaken it for something. But his assistant, his loyal assistant, his driver, his his bro who's been his broin since the early days. Whatever, they miss kidnap his son.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: And when they find out that it's not his son, they still want the money, so they say, you still have a choice.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus.
Speaker 2: And Denzel goes through this whole process of trying to figure out if he should pay the money. I think it's something like four million dollars or something like that, four million dollars to free his his his most loyal assistance son. And I was just like, no brain, bro, it's four million bucks, who cares whatever, you know, pay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this after you're going to say that let the kid die.
Speaker 2: No, it was a no brainer to me. I'm like, I'm watching this movie and I'm like, wait, how is this a movie? Like how is it? How is this even a choice? This guy was there and it does get into a little bit where he does kind of make a good point where you know, his business is hurting and this would totally bankrupt him and stuff like that and stuff and the dad, you know, the guy who's his assistant. It's like bro, like ro you know what's going on here? But to me, it was a no brainer. And I couldn't believe that that they made a movie out of this kind of a choice that people have, you know, but it actually ended up pretty good.
Speaker 1: I will watch that. I like them.
Speaker 2: So do you remember the Amanda Knocks?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: Did you ever work on anything with that?
Speaker 1: I did. I went to Seattle to work a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Well, we just watched the I think there's still one more episode to go, but we just watched the Twisted Tail of Amanda oox m hm. So you know all about it?
Speaker 1: I know all about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well there's you know, kind of a live action version that came out, you know, with the actors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know about this show.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it's on my list.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, since you know so much about it, I would love to hear more about it once. I'll just touch it for a second. So I didn't really know much about Amanda Ox. I think Kate Beckinsale was in an Amanda Oox movie right about her. Do you remember hearing anything about that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Maybe I don't. I don't remember, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, we kind of dove into this thing not really knowing much about it, and then we watched a documentary afterwards about it and the girl playing Amanda Knox, Grace van Patten. Have you ever heard of her?
Speaker 1: A name rings a Bell.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's like a she looks like a Slaine Woodley. I mean I thought it was Shlaine Woodley when I was seeing like the premiere of this thing and you know that kind of thing. I thought it was her. But oh yeah, I'm not sure what else she's in. What else she y nothing that I've seen, No, but she does an insane job on this on this show. Totally glued after watching the documentary, and obviously the documentary was kind of like, you know, both sides of it or something. But did you ever kind of dive into the cop the investigator that invested not That's kind of what they focus on on this whole thing. Is like that guy, the guy that pressured her to kind of admit to certain things, the guy, you know, the the Italian police force, that kind of pressured her because they wanted to close the case because of the pride they had of like the police force and stuff like that. And it was really interesting the whole dynamic that they did with this and how much she actually kind of suffered for it. You know, yeah, what what's your take on the whole story? Obviously not knowing what I've seen in the show and not knowing what the show said, but from your, you know, the journalistic point of view of it.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember when I remember, you know, when it happened. I think the woman that she she well was accused of killing, Meredith Kercher, was a was a breat I think. So it was a it was a big story in England and.
Speaker 1: I know that it was. It was you know, Knox and her boyfriend I think was called Raphael or Raffella. They were both both convicted to start with, and you know that was uproar in the UK when she got to let go, and you know, it's it's still an unsold case as far as I'm aware, I think it's still a still a cold case. I've never actually watched any documentaries on it, so maybe I'll do the same as you guys. I'll watch the watch the Hulu series, and then then watch the doc Yeah, I know she's she's married with a child. Now, I don't think I don't think anybody's worked her again for a long time, So that might actually be a good one to try and get sent on. So I'll tell you about I'll tell you about my time shooting her in the next podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean with this whole documentary or with the whole show coming out. Obviously there was there was a tension for about a week about that, and I would have thought somebody would have got something. And I think I saw something where I don't know if maybe anybody worked on her, but maybe someone got her, you know, shopping or something. I remember seeing something about it, like a bystander or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think she's got her own podcast or something now as well.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, she's got to be. She's got to be doing something with all this. And she was at the premiere, I think too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just reading now that Grace Dampan opened up about working with Amanda Knox. Yeah, so it looks looks like she had something to do with probably an EP or something on the show.
Speaker 2: So most of the things, I mean they kind of come in her words. I mean the documentary we watched, they interviewed everybody. It was the whole the whole police force and everything. And you know, I get frustrated when I watch they don't call him an investigator. They call him something else there. But yeah, you know, it pisses me off when I see this guy and like the way they supposedly treated her and stuff like that. Supposedly there was another guy. Supposedly there was a there was a guy they knew that was a kind of a known criminal, that his DNA was everywhere, and that's what it was all about. It was all about her story, her changing the story, a little bit of DNA here and there and stuff like that. But this guy's DNA was ever worse. So it's kind of odd that this guy was the guy that kind of hit whatever he did. You know. Yeah, it's a good show and we're kind of really into it. And if you're like that kind of a thing, definitely check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll watch that one.
Speaker 2: And we're watching other things, but I can't even think of anything that I'm watching right now, but I'm watching but the Mandalorian and Grogu trailer came out today, Jedi, I saw like I posted on the Instagram. No one's more excited about that than you.
Speaker 1: Oh I cannot wait. Yeah, huge huge goog fan, Yeah gro goo Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now the question is, Jedi, is this gonna be the first Star Wars movie you ever watch? Absolutely not, because you don't have to watch any other movie to know what's going on in this movie.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna watch any of them, zero interest. I would rather watch Paint Dry or grass Grow.
Speaker 2: You're you're making followers drop off by saying that you really maybe maybe I think we're good on this. I think we should cut this one.
Speaker 1: Yep. I need I need a shower, I need to do an edit, and I need to go to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to do an edit too, go fool.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. That's something to look forward to for the next podcast. We've both got stories.
Speaker 2: Yep. We apologize to anybody we have offended on this episode, but we both have edits to do, so we both will bring up our stories in the next podcast if we can remember. Yeah, but for myself and for Jedi, take care and be well. We always get the photos. Oh no, I don't run because I'm elderly.
Speaker 1: They shot us with peppables.