Speaker 1: The right quot.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is.
Speaker 3: Back, and with it an annual postseason tradition.
Speaker 2: Scam is back. Baby. This is Sax and Cakes in.
Speaker 4: The a app Back Forward Proway.
Speaker 3: Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now while the Dan Patrick Show streams on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven e LA Sports.
Speaker 2: It's Tim Kates and Steve.
Speaker 1: Sacks and the playoff run is continuing as the Dodgers have punch their tickets to the twenty twenty four World Series. Hi Everybody, saxon Kate's and the AM Live and low call on You're a Home of the Dodgers and five seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers now will take on the New York Yankees in the World Series beginning on Friday nights, the twelfth head to head meeting between these two franchises. Last meeting back in nineteen eighty one, and for your Dodgers their twenty second World Series appearance, fourth time in the last eight years, as Dave Roberts says, guided this Dodgers team back to the Fall Classic. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. Coming up, we'll hear from shoey Otani, We'll hear from Freddie Freeman, We'll hear from the Dogs in the bullpen, Blake Trying, and Daniel Hudson. Next hour, David Vassell will join us also at eight o'clock. You're not gonna want to miss it. Brent Honeywell Junior and Max Munsey together with David Vasse last night in the Dodgers Clubhouse in what is one of the best interviews you're ever gonna have as Max Munsey really breaks down what the postseason has been like for this Dodgers team, what the week in between the regular season and the NLDS was like for this Dodgers team this year, and you're not gonna want to miss it. It's going to be a great interview. You hear coming up at eight o'clock, but your phone calls coming up as well. Eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. The city is a buzz in zaxy. Everybody's into the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: When I go get coffee in the in the kitchen here and we share a building here with seven radio stations FM stations KFI right down the hall, everybody is asking about the Dodgers, the FM morning hosts, everybody in between. The office is opening up and people are buzzing about the Dodgers, and it's it's great to have that buzz back here in Los Angeles. And I know they won a World Series in twenty twenty, but we didn't get to celebrate a championship parade. The last time there was a parade in the city for the Dodgers was nineteen eighty eight. And I think that's one of the big rallying crises. We want a parade. Wow, Yeah, that caps it off for sure. You have a parade. That's the stand up right there. So but you know what it's gonna be. It's gonna be tough because this Yankee team is stacked.
Speaker 5: We all know it. They've got guys on the team that are hot. I don't know anybody that's hotter right now than the middle of this lineup. Soto is just swinging about really really well. Fortunately right now Aaron Judge isn't and that's the one spot that you can maybe try to exploit. But you know it's not gonna last. Somebody's gonna have to pay for that. Hopefully it'll be next year and not in the next four games where the Dodgers can beat these guys. But it's gonna be a great series, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of fun. Gen Carlos Stanton, who's from the eight one to eight, just a couple of minutes here from our studio, went to Notre Dame High School, and you know, everybody knows who he is. He's a local hero here, high school player and dominating in the major leagues and one of the best sluggers of the last ten years. He'll be returning back to southern California and playing at Dodger Stadium, so that'll be a big storyline going into this world series. You certainly got one Soto, no love lost between him and Dodger fans for his antics at the plates.
Speaker 5: It gets a bit tired, doesn't it. It gets tired. Yeah, I'm already tired of it, and I you know, you see when he's you know, nodding at the pitcher, don't you want to just thump that dude. I mean, you know, he's just got you know what, he's a really good hitter and all that. But man, save the stuff. Okay you're not, Babe, Ruth. Just save the stuff.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't anybody call him out on the shuffling of the feed nodding out?
Speaker 5: Yeah, approval like gets old really old fast. Well, you know what, I know, somebody would. I know a lot of guys that would have done it the first time he did that to him, Guys like Nolan Ryan, Danny Darwin, Dicky Knowles. I can just go on and name lots of them that would. Jerry Royce, I can tell you lots of guys that wouldn't stand for that.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a really good player, don't get me wrong. He is a guy who can change the game, and he quite literally did that winning the American League Championship with that home run late for the Yankees over the weekend. But yeah, the antics are I mean, I like I.
Speaker 5: Like I like it that he's gutsy and he's you know, he wants to get it on and all that. But but save the save the fluff man. Nobody wants to see that. No, And because you know you're not gonna do it every time. And when you don't, you know you're gonna get the You're gonna get it from the other side, because they're gonna say, hey, where's all the you know, the staring down and the nod and and what. He gets a bit tired. Hm wan.
Speaker 1: So he's he's a free agent at the end of this year.
Speaker 5: I believe, yes, is he not? He just gets some flat out d narrow There's no doubt about it. He's gonna get paid.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's only twenty five years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's done something. He does my gosh, it feels like he's been around for decade. If you look at it too. He's not a five tool player. There's no way this guy's a five tool player. He can hit, he's got power, you know, blow average runner, blow average defense. I mean, he's you know, he's he's a good offensive threat, especially in Yankee Stadium. He's not the same hitter out of Yankee Stadium, but he is. He is a threat. There's no question about it. But you know, he's not a five tool player.
Speaker 1: He actually turns twenty six years old on Friday, the day of Game one of the World Series. Juan Soto of the New York Yankees unbelievable. I mean, is he if he if he's he Let's see, who's a three hundred Manny Machado's a three hundred million dollar player. Yeah, Shoe Otani is a seven hundred million dollar player, and certainly he's different. He can pitch as well. Juan Soto five hundred million dollars.
Speaker 5: Well, I wouldn't have thought that before. You know, he went to New York. When he went to New York, he's he became way better. I mean he just did. Playing in that ballpark, playing around guys that can really hit makes you a better hitter, and that's great. So his his uh, you know, his worth is going to go up significantly. Playing on a team that's very, very offensively talented and that's where he is. It's made him a better hitter, and you know, he capitalized on it. He did it, so he gets all that credit, you know, and he's gonna get paid. Yeah, probably maybe over four hundred million. Corey Seeger ten years three twenty five. Bryce Harper got thirteen years, three hundred and thirty million dollars. But that was five years ago. Aaron Judge nine years, three hundred and sixty million dollars. That's that's a good deal now for the team right.
Speaker 1: Already, that feels like a bargain. That's a bargain when you think about what he can bring to this team and then show Heo Tani ten years, seven hundred million dollars. Yeah, it kind of feels like that four hundred million dollar range. Yeah, for a twenty six year old free agent this offseason. I mean, he's not thirty, he's not twenty eight, just turning twenty six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you think that Yankees are gonna sign him? I mean, do you think you're gonna They're gonna be in the sweep sakes? Remember, there's only a few teams that can that can take this guy because they can't afford him. You know, the Braves could probably do it, the Yankees, the Dodger. I don't know if the Dodgers they got so much on their plate right now, but you know, there's maybe San Diego back there. I don't know, there's there's some teams that that can there's a lot lot of teams most teams can't. There's probably a handful in the can.
Speaker 1: Right, And when you think about there's not a lot of teams that have that kind of money, four hundred million dollars for just one player.
Speaker 5: Pittsburgh and Kansas City aren't going to be sweepstakes. You know that Oakland's not going to be in the sweep sakes.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw it in. A name that might be a team is the New York Mets. Steve Cohen's got money that he just prints. Yeah, he's got he wants to win.
Speaker 5: I mean he can instantly go down the street and buy a you know, a brand new Porsche just from what he finds in his couch cushion, right, I mean that's in that something. When you have that kind of you have that kind of scratch, you can do that. Yeah, he could afford it. He could do it, and you know, you never know, they might be in the sweepstakes. Wouldn't it be great? Because the Mets and the Yankees are always trying to vibe for the back page of the sports you know, they want to be on the cover, and so they're constant and the and the Mets were always the step child of the Yankees, but not anymore. The Mets are right there with them now.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just thinking down the road, Juan Soto in a few years, maybe you're moving to first. You give them a lucrative deal, him and Lindor in that lineup together. I mean, pen A Lonzo's a free agent. Would you rather have Pee Alonzo or Juan Soto for the next five to ten years.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's another guy that's gonna let walk. I mean, Alonzo's gonna walk, He's gonna get some He's gonna get paid too. You know, the guy's a legitimate middle of the order run producer, and you know he's, uh, he's gonna get paid. So, you know, not not in the range of Soto, but he's gonna get some donuts, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we're gonna hear from the dogs, the bullpen of this Dodgers team, which has now deemed themselves the bullpen Dogs for what they've done in September and now October, closing out games, starting games, bullpen games, everything in between. So we'll hear from Daniel Hudson and Play Trying, and coming up, we'll hear from shoey Otani as well, next hour, David Vass joins us and you're not gonna miss it. At eight o'clock, Maximunsey and Brent Honeywell Junior one on one with David Vass. What is an epic interview. Let's go to no in Silmar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no way, no way, go ahead, guys. I'm happy to hear you guys last the last couple of years. We got about a week, you know, and then you guys were gone right to go back to Dan. But I've gotta hear what's gonna go on? What's gonna happen on Friday? Because the starting pitching, because I'm i mean, as good as the bullpens bit the dogs. I just you know, eighty eight World Series, Tommy only use seven pitchers in the whole World Series. You know, of course vershas are you know, two complete games? But what do you think is gonna start? What are they doing on Friday?
Speaker 1: All right, appreciate the phone call. NOI I would imagine it's gonna be Yoshinobu Yamamoto obviously extended rest, but going into a seven game series, saxye, you probably want to get him twice, and that means Game one and game six or seven if it goes that far into a series. That way, you use him early and you can use them late. That's probably the best way because he's the one guy that needs to extended rest.
Speaker 5: And yeah, and he's shown that he can do it, but I would have liked to see him stretch a bit other than four or five innings. I need to see this dude go in there in the seventh inning. I'd like to see that. And so you don't tax that bullpen because one of these days you're gonna need a You're gonna need a bullpen game at least one, I think, and that's uh, you're gonna need these guys. So I want to see my starter. I'm want to see. I want to see Yoshi go there and maybe go seven innings. Wouldn't it be great?
Speaker 1: That would be phenomenal. And it's not something he has not done already this year, because he did do it against the New York Yankees right before he got hurt and got up put on the shelf for three months with the shoulder injury. On a Friday night in the Bronx June seventh, he went in there and threw seven shutout innings, scattered two hits, struck out seven, walked to and threw one hundred and six pitches. Now, some think that that was it his shoulder win after that, because he came out of the next game against the Royals after two innings and twenty eight pitches and then missed three months. But he can do it.
Speaker 5: He can do it. He showed it.
Speaker 1: He can do it against the Yankees in the Bronx back in June. So yeah, it's it's definitely a possibility.
Speaker 5: Let's go to one. You're you're gonna need Flairty to really step it up this next time. Do some shoving. Okay, quit Sorry.
Speaker 1: I've in in rialto is next up. I've been good morning. How you doing.
Speaker 7: How's it going fellas the morning? Great morning, Dodgers are in the World Series. Hey, I'll give it up to Tommy Edman. I love him, Man, But how about Mookie Betts waking up in this Championship series. I think I've seen the statline seven for his last fourteen. Man, he was on a cold streak and he deserves some props, man. And I'm excited for Friday. Let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 1: All right, I've appreciated I don't think, you know, Mookie doesn't get the instant love right away for the NLCS he had, and he was huge in this series against the Mets because I think Dodger fans expected. I mean, you're paid to produce, You're considered one of the greatest players in baseball right now, You're supposed to do this, right, I mean, this is what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 5: But you know what, all that talk is so far gone, doesn't seem like forever. And then, oh, when's Mookie gonna get a you know, get off the snide and get this thing done. That's gone now. You don't hear any And he's relaxed now, he's you know, every time he comes up, he's hitting a bolt now. So those days are long gone. I think Mooky's gonna shine in this year, in this series, no question.
Speaker 1: Brad Marina del Rey gotta be lovely there on this Monday morning, even better than now. The Dodgers are going to the World Series. How you doing, Brad?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, Good morning, Timmy, Good morning, Steve. We're down there a little long off with the dog. I'm saying this morning, what a beautiful day. The ocean looks pink, the sky is beautiful, beautiful Dodger blue. Wow. Man, you know, in a year where I listened to people on Twitter telling me we were going to finish third and not make the playoffs, in a year when everybody had an injury and poor Freddy and his kid and all of that kind of stuff, and here we are, best record in baseball, won the Division one, the Pennant, sitting here and gonna go face the Yankees. And gosh, boy, do I have memories of that nineteen seventy seven, nineteen seventy eight, sitting there with my dad, Bob Welts, straking out Richie Jackson. So in eighty one when we finally got over on them, and wow, this is super, super exciting. And just like Randy said, I hate New York City.
Speaker 9: It's cold and.
Speaker 8: It's damped, and the people all dressed like monkeys. So this is our year, you guys, go Dodgers.
Speaker 5: All right. He Brad summed it up. I mean, you know he summed it up with the sentiment is by a lot of people, right, That's what baseball brings out, and it's great. So it Brad summed it up.
Speaker 1: It is fantastic. There's certainly a buzz in the air on this Monday morning, Eric and you Kaipa. You're filling the buzz as the Dodgers are going back to the World Series. Good morning Eric, Hey.
Speaker 6: Good morning God.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm feeling it. I'm feeling the buzz. Uh just want to hear prompts to back say and a monkey for the interview. That was awesome. They kind of showed that they're human and and they go through all these emotions.
Speaker 9: That's really cool.
Speaker 10: At how tight they are. And Saxy, I had a question for you. What were you thinking when you were on deck?
Speaker 4: You were one walk.
Speaker 10: Away from coming up to bat in eighty eight? What was your approach? What were you thinking?
Speaker 4: Uh, thank you guys.
Speaker 5: I'll try I'll make it real short. I'll tell you what I was thinking. I was thinking, I got to figure out a way to get a hit and so we win the game. And then when Gibby had the click of the bat, I thought, Hm, I don't have to worry about that anymore because that Paul is out of here. And so it was it was, you know, just planning out, trying to be business like, and then I didn't have to worry about it. Then I can go act like a nut and jump around everywhere? And I did.
Speaker 1: Were you thinking about all the things that Eckersley can do in the game plan and the scouting reports that that game that they gave you, because I mean we always hearing about how Gibby, you know, stepped out of the box and kept thinking about the game plan and the approach and with the scouts told him about the back door slider there against the left. He obviously you're a right handed hitter.
Speaker 5: Bart.
Speaker 1: Are you going through your mind scenarios and what he's going to throw to you? And if you come up in with the you know, in this situation, what he might try to challenge you with.
Speaker 5: Yes, and different, different, you know, different strategy than Gibbee. Of course, my strategy was to be very aggressive on him from first pitch on because he's gonna come at you, and you know he has good stuff, so you don't want to let somebody like that throw a cookie in there and get a strike on you. I was going to be hacking as soon as I got into the box. It's gonna be ready to hit and try to drive it right back at him.
Speaker 1: He is Steve Sacks, Siam, Tim Kates and Saxon Kates and the AM on this Monday morning, as we celebrate the Dodgers winning the NL Championship with a win over the New York match last night. Now it's on to another New York team is Showdown in the World Series with the New York Yankees. That'll start on Friday night out at Dodger Stadium, Game one. Right here on your Home with the Dodgers a m FI seventy l A Sports coming up. You're gonna hear from the Bullpen Dogs. We'll hear from Freddy Freeman, We'll hear from David Vasa and at eight o'clock, Max Monty, Brent Honeywell and the interview everybody's talking about. You're gonna hear it right here on your Home of the Dodgers. You're a home of show Aotani. You're You're a Homer, Tommy Edmund, MFI seventy l A Sports. It's Sax and Kate to the AM live at local on your a Home of showy Otani and the Dodgers a FI seventy LA Sports. Dodgers winning the National League Championship Series last night with a Game six win over the New York Mets. Bring on the New York Yankees Game one of the World Series Friday Night, Out of Dodgers dating right here on your home of the Dodgers an five seventy LA Sports coming up, we'll go he from Freddy Freeman. David Vasa joins this next hour. You're gonna hear his interview with macni and Brent Honeywell Junior. Absolutely fantastic. You're not gonna want to miss it. That is coming up at eight o'clock. Your phone calls in just a second, Saxy. The Dodgers' bullpen have started calling themselves the dogs, and they're the bullpen Dogs. And it's a group that is not worried about ego. It's a group we've talked about. They don't care about their role. You know, I'm a closer, I'm an eighth inning guy, I'm a middle reliever. No, they have thrown the rolls out the window. All they care about is if their name is called. They want to be that dog who comes out of the gate. That's all they care about. And it's it's kind of refreshing to see this a group of guys who come together and realize we are a very important part of this team because of the lack of starting pitching and to go out there and they don't care if it to Michael Kopek getting the first inning, or if he's closing out the ninth inning, if Evan Phillips is pitching the third or he's closing out a game. This bullpen, I mean, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. The fact that they've just put their egos at the door, and their past and their roles and just kind of set them to the side and said, whatever you need in me, I'll do.
Speaker 5: This is the signature that they're putting on this particular role on the team. It's absolutely brilliant. I've seen it before, I lived it. I saw it in real time. And that's when in eighty eight we had guys that were on the bench that had were role players that wo had to step up with, guys that were hurt very much like we see right now. They were called the Stuntmen. You remember the Stuntman. Yeah, Mickey Hatcher was the leader of the Stuntmen and had all this band of guys that kind of took on their own identity. It got to grow so much that they were doing these little stories on each stunt man. That's how much this thing grew. And I got to tell you, without the stuntmen, we don't win the World Series. That's how valuable these guys could be. Now. The dogs that they're calling themselves are it's a great name. It's almost like, you know, the guys that when they took on the identity before another team's where they'd bring their lunch pail. Guys were bringing lunch pails, yeah, you know, to the ballpark because they were workmen. They were work like and they would bring their lunch pail to work and just do the job. And that's what the dogs do now, just you know, just like those sloppy dogs. Give them a chance, give them a bone, and they're happy and they'll go and they'll just tear it up. And it's a great identity. When I was with the White Sox at the end of my career, we had guys on the team that had an identity like that and they were called the Hogs. Okay, there was hogs on the team. You had hogs dogs and you know whatever. But whatever you can do to to further that and make it a real thing and make it relevant on the teams. That's a brilliant move. I love the dogs, and you know you're gonna see signs now at Dodger Stadium where people are talking about the dogs. Great move.
Speaker 1: I love it. Let's hear from one of the dogs post game last night, Daniel Hudson with David Vasse here.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, we got one of the dogs, Daniel Hudson and another dog and not a dog man born a thorn there.
Speaker 12: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Oh j J.
Speaker 11: Hernandez loves it. Daniel Hudson, you are truly a champion. Help this team and help the people for you and the rest of those relievers.
Speaker 1: What did tonight need to hal of you?
Speaker 3: No? I mean.
Speaker 13: It, baby, anyway, they said one of those of drink blase.
Speaker 11: Daniel Hudson needs to regroup. The eyes aren't as great as they used to be.
Speaker 13: I mean, we knew it was what was in front of us right there. Man, We knew going into it and we're gonna made a dog fight right there. And uh, we just wanted to go out there and Starry built some zeros. You know, they put some really good at bats together there those middle innings there, and we got out of trouble.
Speaker 1: So you know, it was awesome to just keep handing the baton off the next guy.
Speaker 11: It's hard to single out one single reliever because you can do it together. But what can you say about Blake trying to.
Speaker 13: Blake's Blake's been unbelievable the last you know, for three months for us, he's been on a heater.
Speaker 1: Man, we're gonna ride that high hand all the way toward championship.
Speaker 11: Man, you and Blake had long roads back to be here. How good does the bird feel for Daniel Hudson after the last two years.
Speaker 1: No, it feels great.
Speaker 13: Blake and I unfortunately, you know, we spent a lot of time together last not unfortunately I spent time with Blake, but we spent time together at Cailback Ranch last couple of years. So no, for us, you know, go out there and get those last nine outs for us, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm really proud of both of us.
Speaker 11: Before I let one of the dogs go, when did this whole identity come about?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He's a good question.
Speaker 13: We just I think it started with the bullpend games there late later in the year. We're just like, hey, man, don't let those dogs out of the cage down there. You know, we're down there in that cage. Go let us out, and we're gonna go out there and rip some people's faces off.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did.
Speaker 11: Thanks Daniel Hudson. I'll probably Oh man, that's a mad strength right there. Oh thank you, Daddy, hot t Hello.
Speaker 1: I love it, Davids say, one of a kind.
Speaker 5: See guys coming to the stadium with leashes now, oh yeah, and and you know, let the dogs out of the cage.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 5: It reminds me of the member Saturday Night Live when they when I think it was Dana Carvey did the thing with Julio Iglesias to when he'd sing the song to all of the gutters I've loved before, and then he was he was actually goat Boy.
Speaker 1: Remember goat Boy, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Who traveled in and out out of the door.
Speaker 1: And the goat would come out.
Speaker 5: That was hilarious. So I think they should do something like that when they're doing an interview talk and then all of a sudden start you know, start the barking thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean it'd go a long way. It's like it would be almost like Goat Boy. I think the Dodger's pavilion can get it going. As soon as that gate opens up.
Speaker 5: Just start barking like dogs, I mean, bringing leashes and stuff. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from another Dodger reliever. He mentioned Blake trying, and he and Daniel Hudson spent the last two years on the injured list for the most part rehabbing, and here they are two grizzled Vets and they got the final night outs last night. You just heard from a Hodey. Let's hear from Blake trying last night? Who got the final six outs in the safe?
Speaker 11: My god, Blake trying and doing things that we have never seen from another reliever in a long time.
Speaker 2: How does this feel?
Speaker 5: Take it good?
Speaker 13: It's just really kind of fun to go out there and.
Speaker 5: Get a little final out.
Speaker 2: It's a true gift and a blessing for an honor to be a Dodger.
Speaker 1: We're going to the World Series. What a cool What a cool moment's gonna be for.
Speaker 11: Baseball fans, to the Veggas and most story franchises in this of the game.
Speaker 8: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Blake six out saved.
Speaker 11: There's not too many guys that could do that. What does it mean to you to hand you try, I cannot.
Speaker 1: I'll blink a couple.
Speaker 11: Of times, Blake.
Speaker 1: But that's about it, all right.
Speaker 14: I think the biggest thing is just making sure that were you our job.
Speaker 2: With the rule with you too.
Speaker 9: And I don't have a lot of words.
Speaker 5: I just do one. That's awesome, I'm about you. One he just wanted to drench me.
Speaker 1: Just be honest. Well that you just wanted to pour all that on me. I'll be honest.
Speaker 15: I did.
Speaker 1: Hey, great colored choice of sure.
Speaker 11: Day, get Blake trying to six out Sake.
Speaker 2: I'll take it from your bay.
Speaker 5: That's that's what it's about.
Speaker 1: David's wearing a white polo last night.
Speaker 5: David, when we said how handsome he is and how debonair and yeah, he's he's even getting he's getting getting some some props from the team. That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Well, he travels with them. He's the embedded reporter. You know, a lot of the Beat riders will all across him too. Absolutely, and that's good. Absolutely, Hey, Tim, I gotta I gotta.
Speaker 5: Do this real quick. But if it's okay, yeah, I I I got to give quick a quick shout out to to my friend David Madrigal and and Jonas wrangled these guys down in the eight one to eight. Uh, they are huge fans, and they're they're already buying in. They're already buying into the the whole dog thing, the barking, the leashes. This could be a movement, uh, you know, for for the uh, for the Dodgers here, having those dogs break out of the pen. I mean that's a great thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we can get some dog mask in this Halloween season. Maybe some of the guys in the pavilion, gals out there in the pavilion can wear some dog mask and start barking and put a leash around one of them and go crazy and start intimidating the outfielders out there from the Yankees and barking at Soto in right field, barking out at you know, and Aaron Judge in the outfield as well. Just get after these.
Speaker 5: Get some things canisters that look like flea repellent that they can next to the other team is the fleece. I mean, yeah, there's there's all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: You could be rabid dogs out there just barking at the Yankee players.
Speaker 5: They could say they could they could have shirts that say, yes, I have rabies.
Speaker 1: Eight six, seven, five seventy Larry and Pasadena Big Tim Kates fan wants to join us here on a FI seventy I Sports. How you doing, Larry doing good man? How you doing this morning?
Speaker 12: Go ahead up, Larry, Yo, Tim Kates. I gotta let you know, man, I listened to Dodger Talk yesterday and I was listening to you, and I'm like, man, this guy is throwing some major shade on the on Dave Roberts and how he manages a bullpen. But you have to give it up to him. He did his job, he executed his plan, and he stayed two to his boys. His boys trusted, and he did a great job. And that's why we're going to the World Series.
Speaker 1: So doubt about Hilarry. I was very critical Dave Roberts after Game five on Friday, but let's be honest, everybody was. And I think it's fair to point out that I didn't like them going to who they did in that third inning and after Jack Flarry really got lit up. What was a must win game for the Dodgers and a chance to close it out on Friday, and you let the game balloon it away.
Speaker 5: From too much. I remember you you were like in that. But you know what, you're a professional, tim and you you've got to let out your professional opinion. You put aside the personal you know, like likings or animus, whatever you may be of the individual, and you give out your personal real professional, professional, you know, attitude in what you think, and that's that's what you do. That's why you are in the situation in one of the biggest markets in the country, because you know, you got that kind of cloud.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I think I think it's fair to be able to criticize when you think something needs to be criticized. But at the same time, we spent the last hour and thirty five minutes praising Dave Roberts and talking about all the right moves that he made, and quite frankly, it's the guys have to go out and execute well.
Speaker 5: You always give a very well thought out coaching argument and people respect you on either side of that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Yeah, I appreciate that. I admit I got after Dave Roberts on Friday on postgame Dodger Talk. A lot of Dodger fans felt the same way. Everybody I talked to on Saturday and Sunday felt the same way. Why did he do what he did? How did come Jack Flirty staying there as long as they did? Why don't they go to the bullpen to kind of keep it at a three to one game, keep it at a five to one game. It got to eight one and it kind of got out of hand and kind of felt like they were just looking ahead the game six. Hey, we were critical of him, yeah, but this morning we praised him. We praised the bullpend, the dogs out the bullpen for what they did last night, putting together the twenty seven outs that they did. Yeah, from uh, I mean got like Ben Casparius. Actually, Ben Caspirius is a prospective. Now he's a puppy, yes, okay, but still he's a puppy. But still he's part of that.
Speaker 5: He's part of the litter.
Speaker 1: That's right, I mean, you know, right, we have to put the paper out for Ben Casparius because we're still potty training them as one of those dogs out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the older guys can have shirts made like don't don't bark up my tree, you know, things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like Trina and Hudson are like dogs when the mailman walks by. They're just too old to bark at him. It's like, hey, we know he's good people. He's here to do his job, so we're not going to bark at him. But these young guys like Landing Neck and Casparious, but they're all puppies barking at the mailman still so that you can train them, yeah, absolutely, And they're getting trained right now, and they are. They are coming through for this Dodgers team in the postseason. Matthew and Riverside next up on Saxon Kate's and the am as the Dodgers a punch their ticket for the World Series. How you doing, Matthew?
Speaker 2: Yo?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 1: Get got you going with you?
Speaker 15: Hey man?
Speaker 4: H three words for y'all. World Series bound. And I wanted to give us the midsight. I was there in twenty fifteen Game fives, which is the mess where we had lost at home, and that was that was heartbreaking. And they get over these Mets and the championship series.
Speaker 8: It's sweet.
Speaker 4: It's sweet. I was expecting this, happy for them, and so another thing about Dave Roberts in the game game I was thinking about it and I think when Dave Roberts was and the staff was trying to do what was and that because if if they would have won that game in Game five and the Yankee finishing their series, the World Series would have been pushed up.
Speaker 16: So hey, what if?
Speaker 2: What if?
Speaker 3: What if?
Speaker 4: They want to take a step back? They wanted to extra rest, and hey, you know what, they did give up that game in a way. So I was thinking about that and wanted to share that with y'ell.
Speaker 1: I appreciate, Well, be careful there. Matthew kind of feels like overthinking it a little bit. I mean, you want to win. You don't want to, you know, leave a door open for a team to get back into his series, because the Dodgers had that happen to him in twenty twenty in the NLCS, they were down three games to one to the Atlanta Braves. The door remained open, they forced a game seven, and they come back and win a seven game series down three games to one. So I don't maybe, Matthew, I appreciate, I think you're kind of overthinking a little bit. You don't want to start thinking, well, how many days rest if we win today, if we win tomorrow, we get this many days, not just win.
Speaker 5: Get in there. Hey, you know what it's you're down in the red zone. You're playing against you know your rival, and there's a minute and forty left, you're up by three points. You know what you do? You score the touchdown. You don't milk the clock. What if you don't get in, You score the touchdown, right, same thing here, You do whatever you can to get in. Now they're there. You worry about all that the stuff on the periphery afterwards, but they're there now. This is this is what everybody wanted. And now it's go time.
Speaker 1: Roxanna Granada Hills here in the eight one eighth, Roxanna, Good morning, Dodgers going back to the World serious.
Speaker 17: Yes they are.
Speaker 10: Good morning, A great thing to see.
Speaker 17: Good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you good?
Speaker 5: Thanks?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's just a great thing. It's just a great thing to see the Dodgers back in the World Series, especially against the Yankees, especially now after their latest win in twenty twenty. You know, everybody you know saw them win, and it's like here we are again, and let's do it, you know, starting Friday, and I'm excited and I know everybody's excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Roxanna, who do you fear when they go up against the New York Yankees? What's the what's the bad nemesis over there in New York that you kind of are afraid of?
Speaker 12: Soto?
Speaker 17: Definitely Soto. But I think our pictures are going to be able to face him without fear.
Speaker 2: You know, that.
Speaker 17: Toroal mentality or bull mentality that he comes to the played with, you know, his feet, his stands, his body language. I think our pictures are gonna be able to see past that and uh and be able to get through to him and pitch to him and you know, and do well against him.
Speaker 5: Well, his body language isn't gonna scare anybody. I can guarantee you.
Speaker 17: That it's all flu right right, Yeah, like dealer. Yeah, they're not falling for that.
Speaker 1: Well tired, Roxanda, appreciate the phone call. Everybody's excited. Great to hear you're fired up about the Dodgers making a return to the World Series. Girardo in Linn Wood is next up.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Now guy's doing doing fantastic yeap.
Speaker 9: My question is, I'm how affected do you think Fredie Freeman is going to be in the World Series with the injury and also do you think Nax should be in the postseason roster? I mean in the roster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna find out in the next couple of days. Gerardo. Also, you're gonna hear from Freddy Freeman coming up after our next break. But yeah, the roster putting together here for the World Series is gonna take some thinking, and I feel like they're gonna have to wait really until Friday morning where they have to submit that to Major League Baseball to ultimately decide on twenty six players Sactually, because last night Andrew Freeman said, Bruce dar graderol really could be back. Yeah, Alex Vesia, good shot, he's back for the World Series. That's two bullpen spots. Those are two arms that if you bring back, which two arms go away? I mean, yeah, you can't have twenty eight guys on the rosters. It's only twenty six.
Speaker 5: Yeah. You know what bro Imo about chemistry and what's working and what they got now is working. It's not to say, hey, we need Freddy Freeman out there. You know we still do. But you know what, I think Vesia would be the first guy I would say, because you need it on the left side, So he'd probably be the first guy i'd bring back.
Speaker 1: And I think I mean unfortunately Land and Neck. If you're started looking at arms down there, Landonna's probably the arm that you you don't need. If you're gonna have a Bret Honeywell as a middle reliever, they can give you some depth. If you bring back Alex Vesia, I mean, Ben can. I mean, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the way he's pitched in October, Yeah, how do you tell him you're not on the roster for the World Series. I know he wasn't on the DS roster, but what he did in the Cus? Yeah, how do you tell a guy, thanks, but we're gonna go to somebody else.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, no, he's I don't think he's going anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be it's gonna be some tough decisions that Andrew Freeman, Dave Roberts, Brandon Gomes, this brain trust they're gonna have to make in the workouts the next few days. Uh, the the Freddie Freeman ankle injury. It's all gonna come together.
Speaker 5: Great problem to have tim oh, absolutely great problem to have to have too many players for twenty six man roster.
Speaker 1: This is a fantastic issue to have if you're the Dodgers eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. We got a full board of calls coming up next hour. David Vasse will join us at eight o'clock. You're gonna hear Brent Honeywell Junior and Max Munths he with TV one of the greatest interviews you're ever gonna hear. You're not gonna want to miss it. That's coming up eight o'clock. We'll hear from Freddy Freeman next and your phone calls.
Speaker 5: How you feel in La.
Speaker 1: Dodgers are going back to the World Series and it's the New York Yankees. Game one coming up Friday night right here on your Home with the Dodgers a FI seventy LA Sports, Saxon Kates and AM on this Monday morning. Hey, glorious Monday morning here in southern California, as the sun comes up and the Dodgers are headed to yet another World Series and a showdown with the New York Yankee Saxon Kates in the AM Here on your home of show Etani and the Dodgers AMFI seventy LA Sports, you can listen to the Dan Patrick show during this Dodgers postseason run through the iHeartRadio app. Just click on a five seventy LA Sports Game one not till Friday night out of Dodgers Stadium, a sellout crowd already expected first pitch schedule for a little after five o'clock from the Galpin Motors broadcast booth. David Vassa is gonna join us. He had a quite a night last night postgame talking and everybody in that Dodger clubhouse. And when you're David Vase and you travel with the team and you've got the relationships on and off the field that he does, and the respect that he has from these players on and off the field, they trust him. He's a great information man and gets a lot of information and stuff out of players that know. Other reporters, certainly no other reporters who cover this team on a daily basis are able to get other than him and come at the top of the hour an interview he had very organic in the moment with Brent Honeywell Junior and Max Munsey, and it just turned into about five minutes of an epic interview postgame that Dodger fans, you are not gonna want to miss that is coming up at the top.
Speaker 5: Of the hour.
Speaker 1: But s actually one of the listeners brought up Freddie Freeman. And Freddie Freeman did not play last night in Game six of the NLCS, and we thought maybe he'd give it a go. Dave Roberts announced he would not, and he watched from the railings on that first step inside the Dodgers dugouts it's hard to do. Yeah, Oh, I have just a guy who's an MVP, won a title of the Atlanta Braves and such a huge part of this Dodgers team and wants to be in the lineup every day. And Dardin Near almost played every game of the regular season this year, broken finger and all. Here he is postgame last night, kind of talking about what it means to him with the injury to go back to the World Series.
Speaker 5: I'm here with the.
Speaker 11: Most inspirational player of this postseason, the one legged Freddie Freeman going back to the World Series.
Speaker 1: How does that feel? That sounds good?
Speaker 5: Really good?
Speaker 14: What a great great what a great year so far? This is what you envision every spring training when you show up to be able to be here and go for the chance to get four more wins in a World Series.
Speaker 5: This is what it's all about.
Speaker 11: They're calling your bullpen the dogs. What can you say about the job they did tonight?
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 14: Bullpen games are very hard to navigate, they're hard to win, and with the guys we've got in our bullpen, absolutely incredible job. Blake trying and throwing Frisbees up there, Kobing coming out throws.
Speaker 1: It's just up and down. We got we got I guess we got the dogs in there. Freddy.
Speaker 11: You going out there playing on one ankle really inspire the rest of the team and really sent a message that you believed in this team.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I say, I'm trying. You know, it's every day to grind. I appreciate my teammates. That's three wins without me in there, scoring a lot of runs, so I appreciate them giving me the chance to be able to get back in there and hopefully be ready to go by Friday.
Speaker 11: Oh you'll be in there, Freddy.
Speaker 1: I know you will be.
Speaker 14: And I'll do my best to be get this ankle as good as I can in these next four days.
Speaker 11: Congratulations, Freddie, you deserve all the celebration you get.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: David.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you good, very much, thank you. I guess that there's one blessing of having four days off between the NLCS and Game one of the World Series. It is Freddie Freeman's ankle and now will be a month removed from when he twisted that ankle against the Padres on that Thursday night, the final regular season home game for the Dodgers, to to now get off his feet and get more and more treatment, and i'd imagine, I mean he's gonna be in the lineup on front.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he'll he'll be in the lineup. I mean, it's just I know we were both just anxious to see what the extent of this from this mysterious angle injuries. I've never seen when this long. But Freddy's been through everything this this year. He'll be in the lineup. I mean from the problems that you know, the unfortunate happenings with his son that happened during the year. Uh, and you know we have through that and now he has this this problem with with his with his ankle. So he's been through many many things this year. But you know what the Rosie part is, they're in the World Series. They're still scoring runs. He's happy for the guys that are, you know, summing in their form and making it happen. So you know what he's going to be ready for for Friday. I don't have any doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Bruce, and Pico Rivera is ready to go. Here on Saxon Kate's in the am morning Bruce, Good morning, fellas.
Speaker 16: It's always a pleasure to hear you guys in the morning. And there's no better time to be a Dodger fan than listening to you guys in playoff baseball. You guys are the best. I always appreciated Saxony and his hushole. You know, he for me, he was the modern day Pete Rose because hustle never takes take the swamp and Saxy I always appreciate, appreciated that.
Speaker 5: About you appreciate it.
Speaker 16: I want to say, Dave Roberts, what a what an awesome job he's done. And for him to lose two of his best starters, Glass now being the ace and you had Gavin Stone who was probably the second best picture. You lose those two guys and you get a team believing that they can still win. It reminds me of Thesorta and his inspiration and making them believe that they can still do it. And that's the beauty of this team. They're just a team of believers. They have they they love being with each other. I think it's awesome the way they came together. And sim I want to disagree with you on how the relievers are deployed. After after oh my my goodness, uh that one start when he when he gave up eight runs. You can't overexpose your your high leverage relievers. You can't do that. You're stretched thin as it is. It lost two of your best starters. Eve Roberts is relegated to playing a bullpen game with the Padres White with the Mets, and.
Speaker 15: It's because the two starters went down. Now, the way Roberts is deploying, he's gonna make sure they have rest. He's got to divvy up beginnings twenty seven ounce are very important and the relievers are just locking it down, as they proved last night. I think the kind of wave that they're writing on, they're writing on a high. And the fact that we're gonna take two New York teams. If we can get.
Speaker 16: By the Yankees, they're probably gonna have to call us the New York assassins. We're yeah, We're really, We're really in a position to do something great and memorable. And one thing I've always wanted in my whole lifetime is to see a World Series clinched at Dodger Stadium. I've seen him win in eighty one, I've seen him win in eighty eight, both on the road, but to do it at home, saying a game six, where Game seven is not so stressful, would be a dream come true. I think the Dodgers can do something really special and make this city unite unlike any any other time in our history. I'm also I'm also including eighty eight. Eighty eight is so magical and so so awesome. We'll never forget that Ada.
Speaker 4: Team, no doubt.
Speaker 16: But Dave Roberts, Dave Roberts is uh just as played as Famula Sorda and inspiration.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, all right, Bruce appreciate it well, said, Uh yeah, this is a uh, this is something special, Bruin and the Dodgers are four wins away from another World Series championship. Is certainly gonna be a big test for this Dodgers team, and it all begins on Friday night, Game one of the World Series Dodgers in the New York Yankees. We of course will have all the play by play as you're Home of the Dodgers am FI seventy l A Sports, Steve Sacks, Tim Katson, You two out, two hours down, one to go, and when we come back, David Vassa is going to join this, but you're also gonna hear his one on one with Brent Honeywell that turned into a two on one as Maximuentz he joined him, and what a conversation it was. Don't go anywhere I'm coming up next. I'm grooving. I'm grooving. Dodger fans are grooving, grooven all the way to the World Series right here on Anti seventy Ice Sports