Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: And here to start the five o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: Then we are out because the Louisville Bats will be taken over. We'll hand it off to the voice of the Louisville Bats, Nick Curran. But it is coffee and company and we are fuel about Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us on a beautiful, yet breezy Thursday evening. I know the holiday weekend's coming up, and that usually means really the unofficial or maybe the official start of the summer for a lot of people. But the weather, I mean, it could be worse. I don't think it's supposed to storm or anything, but we're not gonna have very cold temes, although I do see Saturdays high as now it's any one. But you know, I think people probably are wanting to get something closer to the eighties or maybe in the eighties as we get the summer started. Which has talked about it earlier this week, and I'm sure I'm not alone, but this weekend, this holiday weekend always to me seems like when the summer actually starts, this is typically around the same time where a lot of kids are getting out of school, which I know is going on. So in fact, looking around our office here, I feel like maybe the holiday weekends already started. I don't know if we got an event going on or what, but it looks like a ghost town in this place.
Speaker 2: Which hey, that's okay.
Speaker 3: I mean, if it din't look a lot of people work from home anyway, So we go anyways, we'll make the most of the time we have left here. So if you have just now joined us, there is a new change to the college football Playoff of the upcoming season. This has nothing to do with the talk about expanding to sixteen and automatic bids going to certain conferences and whatnot. This is just simply about the amount of teams that are or this is just about how the thing is seated. So instead of giving conference championships to I'm sorry, instead of giving automatic buys and the top four spots to conference champions, they're now just going to seed it one through twelve, which that's the way that it should be. Also, I probably could have talked about it a lot more than I did, but how about my Pacers last night? What a phenomenal come from behind victory and all time come back that I think it probably won't be remembered because it wasn't, you know, an actual I mean, it'll be remembered by Pacers fans for a long time for good reason, and it'll be remembered by Knicks fans for a long time as a painful memory. So I don't know where it's going to end up as far as an ald timer. But they've now had not one, not two, but three after last night, really legendary comebacks in the postseason, and last night was just the first game of a seven game series. But I kind of feel like the way that that thing played out for the for the Knicks, like it wouldn't be a shocker if they kind of will, especially now that I see on just looking back at clips from last night that during the big come from behind victory, as Aaron Nesmith went full Reggie Miller, they were crumbling on the bench meeting the Knicks. I mean you had og On and Obi, Josh Hart, Towns and Brunson all bickering at each other. So, you know, easier said than done as far as just thinking that they're completely crushed. But if they are, I won't be shocked because losing like that, I mean, if the and actually that could be wrong here, but I kind of think it's almost a little bit more demoralizing to then take it to Ot and lose because you were gifted by Haliburton having that foot on the line. Yet you go to Ot a chance to eliminate the all time melt down from happening, and you couldn't quite do it. So it was it was awesome. As a Pacers fan, I loved it. I'm sure if you're not a Pacers fan or a Knicks fan and you watched, you were probably still entertained. And the NBA Playoffs, I gave him a a lot of crap before it started, just because I was wanting to get excited. But I told myself, don't do it again, Nick, don't lie to yourself and act like the NBA Playoffs are going to be competitive and entertaining.
Speaker 2: But they have been. Yes, there's still been some blowouts.
Speaker 3: Some of those blowouts have come in game sevens, which you never want to see, right, if a series goes to seven, you want it to be competitive to the very end and you know, obviously that didn't happen every step of the way throughout the playoffs up to this point. But man, we've had some really really good series and some really really good finishes, and last night again was an Alzheimer for the Pacers. Here's what it sounded like on TNT as Halliburton hit what everybody thought was the game winner, only to find out they had to go to overtime. Hell, don't tree.
Speaker 1: From them, Reggie.
Speaker 3: Selfishly, I mean I was, I was in heaven with the way it ended. And then for Haliburton to be pointing at ready like Reggie being a part of it is such a gift to me that like I, and I don't mean like me. To me, I see it as a gift. Obviously, I'm sure others enjoy it too. Maybe some people hate it, but like, I didn't want it to sound like they're doing it because of me, But to watch my Pacers beat the Knicks in that fashion, and Reggie Miller to be narrating it, like, that's heaven for me, especially you know, six seven year old Nick, who idolized Reggie Miller and pretended to be him when I would shoot basketball in my driveway it was awesome. And how about this, This is just an absolute all timer, something that I'll remember forever probably, and that is what aaron NEI Smith did because in NBA history only two players have had twenty plus points and five plus three pointers made in the fourth quarter of a playoff game on the road.
Speaker 2: Both of them.
Speaker 3: Were the Pacers at Madison Square Garden of the Conference Finals on a Wednesday, which makes it really random. But Reggie did it on June first, nineteen ninety four, and then aaron Nie Smith did it last night, So yeah, it was it was awesome to see another. Another crazy stat that just makes it seem, you know, unbelievable, is that NBA teams were owned in nine hundred and seventy in the playoffs over the last twenty seven years when trailing by fourteen or more points with under three minutes to go in regulation, and then last night it became one in nine hundred and seventy because of the Pacers. And this is something else I hadn't seen until just now that since nineteen ninety six, ninety seven teams that have trailed by seven or more in the final fifty seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime in the playoffs are four and one thousand and seven hundred and two losses. The Pacers have three of those wins all this year. I think that's the best way to put in perspective just how crazy this team has been with come from behind victories. When most are dead and it's over, they have been able to claw back and find a way to win again. Since nineteen ninety six ninety seven, teams that have trailed by seven or more in the final fifty seconds of a game are four one thousand and seven hundred and two, and the Pacers have three of those four wins, and they've all taken place in this postseason.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And again those wins are down seven with forty seconds left to the Bucks, they won, down seven with forty seven, I'm sorry, down seven forty seconds left to the Cavs.
Speaker 2: They win.
Speaker 3: And then last night, down fourteen with two minutes and thirty five seconds left against the Knicks. I mean, just think about that, just saying that out loud, down fourteen with two and a half minutes left, and you win a game. Somebody asked this on the text line earlier, and it's not a bad point. What's more, impressive, the Knicks finding a way to win I'm sorry, the PACER's finding a way to win, or the Knicks finding a way to lose.
Speaker 2: You may argue that the both impressive. I mean both were. Yeah, both were were certainly impressive. All right.
Speaker 3: Something else we discussed was the updated list of college football coaches. As far as the rankings. CBS Sports does this every year. We talked yesterday about the Mark Stoop's ranking. He's at number thirty six. He's fallen quite a bit over the last couple of years, and really, I mean he went from I think twentyth to thirty six, so he's dropped substantially after a really down year last year.
Speaker 2: And it was the outlier year.
Speaker 3: I mean it was, I mean it was absolutely the year that you know, is different than any of the other's, meaning they actually had some decent players and some legitimate expectations and they didn't just fall short, they fell very short of what those expectations were. So anyways, this the latest and I guess the final part of these rankings came out today is they gave us one through twenty five and Jeff brom Is up from number nineteen to now at number seventeen. And I don't need to run through all the list of accomplishments and all the accolades for Jeff Bram because I would imagine a lot of you listening are well aware because you know he's our guy. But when you consider what he did at Purdue, that's actually to me what makes him I think, I mean, that's to me what makes him worthy of that top seventeen ranking, because yes, he's done a phenomenal job in his first couple of seasons at Louisville, but at Purdue, you know, the same thing that Mark Stoops deservedly got a lot of credit for winning somewhat, you know, winning consistently, even though it wasn't at a high level. Kentucky was much more successful with Mark Stoops over the you know, the vast majority of his time there than they really ever been in my lifetime. So Jeff Bram, I think when you you know, for those that may look at him and say wow, because I wouldn't be shocked if you know, college football fans across the country, maybe they see Bram at number seventeen and they're thinking, yeah, I don't know, that seems to be a little bit high for him, all right, we have good news.
Speaker 2: We have good news. We don't have an early dismissal today. That was my fault. So do the Bats even play today? No, they do. They just they're there. Their their broadcast starts at sixtcha. Okay, so hey we got we got extra time. It's I just read the whole Tuesday for Thursdays. We've had that.
Speaker 3: We've had that a couple of times where we get it, where we get it wrong. But hey, it's it's I look at it as a as A as A as A. I mean, now, this is like unexpected extra time, which technically not extra time because you know, it's our normal three hour formatted show. But here we are thinking we're out early and we're not.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad. I'm glad you. I'm glad I caught that. Did you go look at it? Did somebody tell you?
Speaker 4: Just because as soon as you as soon as I was looking at how to time this out, I just noticed that there was all the spots leading up to the hour, and I thought to myself, hmm, that doesn't look great. Did I read that email as Tuesday or Thursday? And sure enough, I mean everybody else had it right, our guy, Jim Benn had it right.
Speaker 2: I just of course read it wrong. Of course he did. He's Jim Fenn. What am I thinking? Come on, He's Jim Finn. So I was ready to get out of here early. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess if you hadn't looked at it and we just you know, I guess somebody would have had. Somebody would have had to have been there asking, hey, Nick Kurran, are you there? Are you ready to get it going? And then we would have realized, oh wow, you know, we're supposed to be a yeah, we're supposed to be on air.
Speaker 2: So anyway, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But back to the College Football Coaches rankings, I mean, when it comes to where, when it comes to where Brahm ends up, I think when you look at what he did at Purdue, that is probably more impressive than a lot of people realize. And it's not because you know, you would go and like, you know, hang a banner or anything like that, because it's not as if it's some never before seen success and they didn't win any conference championships or anything like that. But for him to leave Purdue with a winning record in Big Ten play after six seasons there when the guys who were there the previous eight seasons, you had four with Darryl Hazel who went three and twenty four, and then four with Danny Hope who went thirteen and nineteen. So I think that puts in perspective that the guys is a winner. And again I'm not telling you anything that you probably don't already know, but nice to see you know, objective folks who cover college football, letting you know you got yourself a really good football coach. All right, So this isn't something we've talked about just yet, and I don't really know how interesting it is to those of you listening, but it is probably a pretty big deal when it comes to the future of UFL athletics because they've hired a man by the name of Andrew Brand as a strategic advisor. So this is somebody who used to be the VP of the Green Bay Packers and.
Speaker 2: He has joined.
Speaker 3: It sounds like this is maybe like a he's like a going to be like a contractor, but nonetheless he's he's he's been brought in to help U of l H and he's one of the most influential voices in sports law and business. According to you know, the press release that UFL sent out. So he is going to serve as a key advisor in regards to the athletic department here and this is somebody has mentioned former VP of the Packers. He is the current he's the current executive director of the Mora ad Center for the Study of Sports Law at Villanova, which for those who don't understand the connection here, Josh Hurd was at Villanova prior to coming back to Louisville and of course becoming the full time athletic director.
Speaker 2: So this is a quote from Josh Hurd on this hire. Quote.
Speaker 3: As college athletics continues to evolve into a more professional, professionalized model or positioning Louisville to Lee need not follow. Andrews one of the most respected minds in sports business and law. His insights give us a real strategic advantage as we navigate this transformative period. So it says here that his role comes at a critical inflection point for college athletics. Obviously, NIL has become a humongous factor in the college sports landscape, and now you're going to have revenue sharing, which is the framework of that is going to be I mean, that's a big deal. It's a really it's an entirely new, I guess component of how you run your athletics department because I guess could choose not to. I mean, I guess I don't remember the specifics of it, because anybody if they did give you the option to choose not to share rev I mean, you wouldn't get any players because players would not come and just play for you for free when they could go anywhere else and make money. So I don't even remember what it was as far as how they laid it out. But revenue sharing is now a whole new component that you know, there's gonna be a lot that goes into that and how that works, and it's really a new department probably within your athletic department. So it sounds like this higher brand is going to be somebody that is very much involved in that. This is a quote from him in the press release. This is a transformative time in college sports, and it's been a privilege to work with Louisville Athletics. I guess he's already kind of been working alongside without the official title that he has now, but he says, Josh Hurt is a visual sorry as a visionary leader, and his team is smart, collaborative, and proactive Louisville. Louisville isn't just preparing for the future, They're shaping it. So again, having people who have this kind of, you know, experience is going to be vital as you continue to try to find your footing in this seemingly ever changing landscape of college sports. I mean, I know I've said it many many times, why not say it once more? Where we are now compared to where we were just five years ago is really crazy when it comes to just how college sports looks overall. And speaking of that, I haven't seen any kind of an update on the lawsuit, which I guess it wouldn't be realistic to expect an update like right away. But what ends up happening with the lawsuit that sze KaiA Ziggler, the former Tennessee point guard file, that's going to be that's going to be huge. And I can't really see a scenario where he has success with this lawsuit because you know, I just can't. He's played four seasons of college basketball. I don't know why he would be entitled to another. But his argument is I'm still a student. Why can't I play. I'm still a student at Tennessee, but now I'm in the undergraduate program. Everybody else has a five year window to play four. Well, I'm still here, it's within my five years. Why can't I play again?
Speaker 2: I just don't. I don't see that being a winnable argument. But what do I know. I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 3: Maybe because there is a five year window, that's the loophole here to where he somehow gets granted a fifth year of eligibility.
Speaker 2: But if he does, I mean.
Speaker 3: That means guys like you know, Chucky Hepburn and rain Smith could come back hypothetically, and that just doesn't seem like realistic.
Speaker 2: But we shall see.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's been a couple of different lawsuits that the NCAA has had in front of them that they've won, and I'm not surprised by even though the majority of the attention lately has been on them getting beat in court. But like the JUCO ruling was a legitimate one. Like it, I don't know if I agree that you can go play two years at JUCO and then get four years to where you basically get six years of playing college sports. But the argument was legit, meaning how are you counting towards my eligibility when the first two years out of high school I did not play in the nc DOUBLEA. Doesn't make it right or wrong, But like, that's a good argument because they're counting you as using two years that you did not use within a NCAA member institution. I guess the situation here would be well if others get a five year window even though you've already played. I mean again, here's where it gets tricky. He's played four and yet he's he's he's within his five year clock. And yet there's other guys that have played more than five that are with that are outside of their five year clock. I mean, there's not a ton of them, but there's You could you could find a handful of examples of guys that are still playing college sports that it makes no sense how they are. And now again, every everybody's situation is probably a little bit different. So I mean, I'm not monitoring this as like, here we go, maybe he wins, because I just assume that he won't. But again, I guess nothing should surprise me in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's get to a quick break, we'll come back. We actually have more time than realize, so we'll make the most of that time. We'll finish strong. Here it's the five o'clock hour on a Thursday afternoon, Coffee and company, and they feel about Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 3: So apparently there are some green flags that are signs that you're aging well. I mean, you can be any age and be aging right. I guess a lot of people when you think of aging, you're thinking of I guess like getting legitimately old. I'm not there yet, but these are the five green flags as far as you aging in a healthy way, maintaining physical strength and mobility.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: I'm moving, I'm getting around pretty good. I mean that to me seems more like somebody who might quite literally be like getting up there in age. Being curious and having a sharp cognitive function.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that's it. I mean the key, yeah, I mean it's a big one in sharp.
Speaker 3: This this actually lists out like learning new skills and hobbies, things like that, brain boosting hobbies. I mean I feel like I'm I'm pretty pretty sharp there, having a positive outlook. I mean, I'm pretty positive about about things. Yeah, this is where I feel like maybe I'm not aging well Austin keeping strong social connections.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't have strong social connections. I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't seek out being social with like you know what I mean, Like I'm not Actually yeah, I'll just be honest, I'm not. I'm not super outgoing when it comes to, you know, meeting people and being social. I kind of find my I'm an introvert, which is a weird, which is weird for people who do this, but I'm I'm I'm very much introverted to where I'm not outgoing as far as meeting new people and making new connections. But obviously I'm not you know, I'm not against it. I'm not anti meeting someone. But the older I get like, what are my buddies brought this up not that long ago and I hadn't really thought about it, But it's kind of true, and I guess really it comes down to this, like making new like making new friends. I have enough friends to where like I can meet new people and they can be like considered acquaintances. But there hasn't been somebody that I've met recently in my life that I would say that's a friend. And friend is such a loose, probably overused way to describe any relationship, right, Like you could be friendly with somebody, but I don't think that means that you're friends. But I think what's happened now is if if I was to say, yeah, I know that person, I like them, but they're not my friend, I think most people would instantly think, well, you must you must not like them if they're not your friend. Well no, I mean you can like being friends. It's such a loose definition as far as your relationship level, right, I have what's called friends, and they're like buddies. Yeah, friends are like you know, like friends are like your friends people that's like in your day, like all your life. You know that you can just you text other than like out there to work or something like.
Speaker 4: Then you got like buddies, it is, Yeah, I just got a buddy at work, like you know, like we're not like we don't talk all the time.
Speaker 3: What do you think of these three tiers? Acquaintances which I think that's more a friend of a friend. We know each other, but we don't really know each other. We've hung out with, yeah, and then you've got buddies pals. And then the next step is like somebody who you do consider a friend, somebody that you've known for a while and that you talk to like you like, it's an unusual thing if a lot of time has gone by and you haven't talked right. Yeah, But then there's also like what do you how would where would we classify older friends? Because I have people that at times in my life I was really close with, like growing up when you're younger, like older like in age or old. No, no, just just I've known them a long time, and and we were like, there's people that I would like, there's somebody right now, two people I could think of that I would. I would absolutely say that that is somebody that is a close friend of mine. But I probably don't talk to these I mean, in fact, I know I don't talk to or see these people that often. In fact, it's a rare thing to see them. But because we were so close that I've known them for twenty five plus years, I do. I would feel like I would feel wrong if I said that person wasn't a close friend. I'm not close now, but there's still a closeness to where I'll put it this, it's the best way to describe it. When I'm around them, even if it is rare, nothing's changed.
Speaker 4: Right, So like you guys don't miss a beat exactly, Well, then I would still at those those those are still friends, right, stay in the friend zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which isn't bad. Yeah, I mean I I've got that kind of friend, but I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess now, like when it comes to like friends that are super that I consider to be super close to me to this point in my life, it's it's people that have been a constant, if that makes sense, Like they're not they're not. There's not a whole lot of like it's actually a real rare thing if I realize a few weeks have gone by and we haven't actually either seen each other or you know, caught up that kind of thing. So again, I think that's probably pretty normal. I would say with people as you get older, there's just with life and everything that comes with it, you may not see or catch up with somebody as much. But if if you do still consider them a close friend, and when you're around them, you know you have miss to beat.
Speaker 2: I'd say they still they're still worthy of that status. But yeah, I don't. I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't really, And honestly, it's probably just how we're wired as we get older to where there's somebody that there was never like, I don't go home to my wife, honey, I made a new friend today, right, But you realize over time you've been around them, whether it be for work or acquaintance, whatever it may be, and then you've become you know, they are somebody that you consider a friend.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Last one here says being passionate about hobbies. I mean that'll always be the case because this is something that is a hobby that it's I've been able to fortunately. I mean it is, but it's it's not a hobby. It's my job. It's what I do for a living. Uh, you know, I take it very serious, but it's not a you know, it's not your typical nine to five kind of jobs.
Speaker 2: So me, you know, like your work, like your work prep is literally watching the NBA.
Speaker 3: What perfect final perfectly said to where I'm fortunate to where passion and hobby meets career and job, to where I kind of need to be like, if I no longer liked sports, that would be you know, that would be an issue.
Speaker 2: You're going to be on news now, so I know doesn't matter. I know, and I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I mean I keep up with news, but for what it's worth, just just to you know, I'm glad you said that because for those who've asked me, like, so, what are you going to be doing on eight forty, I mean, I'm going to be hosting Kentucky na's morning news alongside a team that everybody has sort of their own roles. So Scott Fitzgerald is doing sports updates, but obviously that doesn't mean he and I won't talk about sports throughout the show. And we've got traffic in weather, which you will get every ten minutes because that's just what people have come to know and expect, and we'll still be able to expect in the mornings on eight forty. And then there's John Shannon, who every thirty minutes will give you a newscast that'll just that'll deliver news. So that's how it's formatted. But the segments in between, like here, here's what I'm hoping works out, Like Bill j In with you every now and sure, yeah, they'll be they'll be segments that I will use the seven minutes or whatever it is to do an interview with somebody, But it's not really me interviewing and having a Like when I have a guest on Now, it's more of a conversation. That's not what that's really going to be.
Speaker 2: In the mornings.
Speaker 3: I'm going to be interviewing people who are there to answer specific questions about a specific story that they're covering because they work for ABC News or NBC News, whatever it may be, to where I'm not really needed and I'm happy that I'm not really needed to provide my own opinion on set. Thing like that's going to kind of work itself out, Nick lib Yeah, so I'm I mean, I'm I'm maggot, Nick, Like, let me give you an example, like what we're talking about right now and what we talked about earlier with like the the top ten burger chains, those kind of things like that. That's the type of stuff you can probably expect to hear and it'll just be broad relatability, hopefully interesting. And I mean my marching orders are essentially, hey, don't screw it up. That's a pretty successful show and has been for a lot longer than you've been here on planet Earth. But also, you know, make it a little bit more inviting and welcoming to a younger demo than what they've typically got on eight forty. Not to say that it's nothing but dinosaurs that listen to that, but it is. It is and has been for a long time more so catered to an older crowd, and there's nothing wrong with that. I certainly need to do whatever I can to keep those folks around, but also add some youth along the way. So and by the way, like if I've got a seven minute segment and there is a big game from the night before for U of L or UK, I mean, I think I have free rein to share some thoughts on it. It's a four hour show, and when it comes to the things that you really need on that show for what it's always been news, traffic, weather, you're gonna get it regardless because it's just built in. Makes so like I won't feel like, hey, if I veered off and did a five minute thing about something just interesting to me or something that's you know, maybe me telling a story, because I like this tell I mean I like to tell stories. I don't know how good my stories are, but I liked I like storytelling, so like I can do that and not feel like, hey, I've completely abandoned what this show is because all the things that you've come to know and expect are built into where I don't like it kind of drives itself when it comes to that.
Speaker 4: I mean, if I can, it's going to be like the same show, but like you said, just more broadly out on, like just talking about either world events or more local events or so it's going to be the same talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's my hope, because that obviously would make it most.
Speaker 4: People new friends over there, Like you said, John Joe, going back with the company Man, company Man.
Speaker 2: That's right, That's right.
Speaker 3: So the reunion, it will it will be what I hope, a lot of kind of what this is as far as the style and tone, but won't be as sports heavy, and it'll be much more structured because of just the built in style that is there. As far as just every ten minutes, you're gonna get an update on traffic and weather because people care about that kind of stuff. And again, here's what I talked about. I did an interview with somebody who works for Barrett Media who did a little write up on the move, And I mean, I really look at it as a chance to you know, I don't know. I mean, people are going to continue to get what they what they've always got, but I can kind of make it a little bit more relatable and a little bit more interesting. Not to say that it wasn't that with the guys that are there now, but you know it, My hope is that it doesn't feel like I'm doing a completely different job and I'm in a completely different world, even though it kind of is that. But yeah, it'll be It'll be fun looking forward to it, but I'll certainly miss this in a major way.
Speaker 2: All Right, let's get our last breakout of the way.
Speaker 3: We'll come back finish strong with one more segment before we hand it off to Nick. Current of the Louisville Bats stick around right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a wrestling intro? Is it wrestling theme song? No? This is this is just a Lincoln Park song?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 2: Does it sound like Cody Rhodes music a little bit or maybe a little bit Okay, got it. It's got a little bit of the rock because because my uh my son moves.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a big he's a big wrestling fan now and he uh he plays the w W E two K or the w whatever they call it. Yeah, so he plays that and he's oftentimes Cody Rhoads and uh does.
Speaker 2: He do the woe with him when he does like his arms at the Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does it like he's he picked That's the stuff he picks up on more than anything. It's like the gestures and things that wrestlers do.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't realize until we turned on Raw when it was in Louisville last week last Monday that like he because he played the video game, he knew like the whatever Jay Usso does. They're like, yeah, the yeah, he was doing that, And I'm like, how do you know this? Like okay, because you play this game and you're obsessed with it. So yeah, some reason it sounded like Cody Rhodes's music.
Speaker 2: But again, what do I know? Just just old Lincoln Park. They all by the way, Lincoln Park.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's phenomenal that's big in my time, phenomenal, huge ire we That song is actually at the end of Transformers.
Speaker 2: If you remember that movie. Oh yeah, I mean the movie one of the best movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the best, like two movies here, like is the fell Off once like Shia and Megan Fox left. That last one was amazing that they did together.
Speaker 2: I think it's wild that that. I always felt like it was wild that the lead Lincoln Park's lead singer's name was Chester. Yeah, Chester, mister Bennington.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't exactly expect a rocker to be a Chester, but hey, he didn't he yeah, r ip, he didn't pick his name, and he's still rocked out with the best of them, all right, Speaking of the best, that's my friends over at the Louisville Men's Clinic.
Speaker 2: Fellas.
Speaker 3: You know they can help you, and I'm sure you've heard me mention that many times because they're great partners of ours. And I love sharing not only my story about my work with certain clients, but it's even better when it's you know, one billion percent like legitimate, meaning they're not just a company that realizes.
Speaker 2: I can reach.
Speaker 3: This show reaches people who they want to target, but like they've helped me. I had low testosteron, didn't even really know what that meant, and then I was educated after a visit to go see doctor Wood, and my levels were not where they needed to be for somebody in my age range. And after a relatively quick amount of time, I was able to realize that when my levels are where they need to be, I'm starting to get more and better results from my workouts like I used to when I was younger. And I feel like now in my mid to late thirties, where I'm at right now, I feel younger than I did all throughout my early thirties because at that point I had low T, didn't know it, and now I've treated it and life is a lot better. But it's not just low T. They can also help you when it comes to ED a rectalitisfunction. They've got a variety of different ways they can treat it, and they trust their ability to help you perform the ED so much so that if it doesn't work, you don't pay. If they cannot help you. When it comes to a rechtatas function, you don't know, amadame. That's how much they trust what they do. They've got a ninety seven percent success rate. They can also be some other things too, including Peroni's disease weight loss therapy at it's the Louisville Men's Clinic. Check them out online Louisville Men's Clinic dot com, or you can give them a call BABO two four four four four thousand. All right, So just a couple of minutes thought before we get out of here and hand it off to Nick Kurran, But real quick for those like myself who are wanting to see the ACC get better as a basketball league, and last year I think was the wake up call, and I think the ACC deciding to eliminate two conference games and move from twenty to eighteen league games, that's really the proof that they are aware that they they they're not where they need to be, and they're letting two more games go so they can have their league members go schedule tougher games to hopefully have a better resume on selection Sunday. So it's been a big talking point. We'll have to see, but I do think some hires were made that will instantly make the ACC better. How much better that remains to be seen. I think Ryan Ryan Odum at Virginia will definitely get them headed in the right direction. And then obviously, the biggest higher I think as far as the ACC goes this cycle is will Wait at n C State. I think it's the legitimate expectation that he will absolutely make the league better. But how quickly that's up.
Speaker 2: In the air.
Speaker 3: But I will say they just landed Will Wade in NC State just landed a big time transfer from Texas Tech, Darien Williams, who you know, he probably didn't watch a lot of Texas Tech basketball last year, but we all know they were really good. And obviously their best player is JT. Toppin, but outside of topen it was Darien Williams, who, in fact, I think had a better tournament than Toppin did, unless my memory is just completely messing with me. So he's picked n C State, picked them over Kansas, and Duke landed a five star recruit today, which is pretty routine for Duke, but Texas. But in n C State, if they can come out and be a top twenty five caliber team this upcoming season, I mean, that won't make the league loaded by any means, but man, it would certainly be a big boost because last year it was Duke Clemson, Louisville. And that's pretty much Yet, if we're being honest, that's saying something. All Right, we're out of time. Enjoy your evening. We're back at it tomorrow for a Friday edition of Coffee and Company right here on Sports Talk seven to ninety