Speaker 1: If you haven't heard, Big Change is coming to Kawa Radio. But first I want to respond to a couple text messages, this from Mandy Lori in eight six, seven, five, three oh nine. I have nothing to say. I just wanted it on the fun And then this one. Let's see here, what are the Ross listeners called? And I'm I am from this moment forward naming Ross Comanci's listeners the dirty leggers. Okay, so it's the dirty leggers because he doesn't wash his legs.
Speaker 2: I've heard that.
Speaker 1: Well, now you know when you come in and you're you're going to sit in this position that I'm in now because it's my show and Ross is going to be in this position before you. I'm not saying you're going to want to bring a you know, like a Clorox wipe and just kind of give the lank area.
Speaker 2: Four o'clock in the morning. Yeah, it used to be I usually just do it my underwear, but now I have to wear a paint.
Speaker 1: Well, that is a visual I could have lived without. Thank you, Michael. As you sit here, Michael is coming on over to Koway. Our new lineup looks like this. We have Colorado's Morning News with Gina Gondek from five am to six am because she's insane and likes to get up early. And then at six am we have ros Kaminski on the News, or as I'm calling it, Ross on the News, which is shortened but to Rotten on the News with Gina Gandiak. And then the Michael Brown Show, the Situation with the Situation from Michael Brown from nine to noon, and then I am saying exactly where I am. Yeah, so I don't need to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The one thing that bothers me is now I can no longer refer to you as the blonde chick across the hall.
Speaker 1: Now you're just gonna have to say that blonde chick who rules the airwaves is what you're gonna just right over here. Just jump in, Michael, jump in now for people who aren't like the one person who's listening right now, who has no idea who you are? Right, how do you describe the situation room with Michael Brown? Why is it called that? Let's start with that.
Speaker 2: So probably six seven years ago I redid all of my branding and everything, and I had a team. You know, you hire a team to come up with something, and.
Speaker 1: You didn't hire the sixteenth Street team, did you. You didn't pay one hundred k for the situation.
Speaker 2: Room, No cause I can get the taxpayers.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: I had to pay for it myself. And they figured out that what it is that I prefer to do is I like to analyze and fix situations. Sure, so it's a situation with Michael Brown.
Speaker 1: I like to make situations worse as often as possible, you know what. I like to consider myself a rabble rouser.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the first time you and I met?
Speaker 1: I do not. I do not. I think we had breakfast. I remember we had lunch when I first got here.
Speaker 2: We first got here because the unnamed PD at that time, uh huh, wanted me to come and talk to you about how to do your show.
Speaker 1: That didn't work out.
Speaker 2: I remember telling you distinctly, Hey, I'm here for this stupid reason. He's no longer around to say this, for the stupid reason that I'm I'll tell you how to do your job.
Speaker 1: I'm good with that. A lot of you are asking on the text line, now, where is Marty Lens going. Marty was part of the last reduction in force here at iHeartMedia. He was laid off a little while ago, so he's not going to be a part of this. Ross's listeners are not going to be Rastafarians because that's too cool. It's the dirty, I'm telling you right now, the dirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So are you looking forward to not waking up at o dark thirty?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to not getting up at four o'clock. I'm dreading getting the dogs to shift their.
Speaker 1: Schedule to I don't understand right.
Speaker 2: So I've got to do that. And then, just like last night, Tarama fixed this really good Italian meal she had, she had wine. Well I'm in bed at eight o'clock because I'm at four o'clock, so I'm like, no, I'm going to pass on the wine. So now i can go back to being a drunk again.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we could facilitate your alcohol, is it, Michael Brown? And I'm glad this Texter brown tail Brownie is doing a heck of a job. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way, that's that's trademark. That's fifty dollars. Me. He's going to.
Speaker 1: Ask you, are you sick of that yet? Honestly, no, I honestly didn't give a rat ass about it. I didn't think you would.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean there, it's one of the things that people think will get under your skin. And when they trot out an old canard and they zing it across there like they're gonna like oh, and you're like, yeah, give it your best shot.
Speaker 2: When I say something, we'll come back and go. You're doing with job, Brownie, And I so badly want to say, is that the best you've got?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it, That's all you've got. Yeah, you know, I don't like to fight on the internet as well. Mandy says Mandy Laurian sixty nine hundred. I love you, but I also love Brownie. My loyalty is to you because you started me down this path. But Brownie is so insightful. I'm so happy he's coming to join you. I think I encapsulated all the the o's there. My sister was such a wonderful person right on time, you know, when you for you've been I see you, Michael. I don't even know if you know this. The first time I appeared on the Denver airwaves was filling in for you and David Serota. Oh my god, that yeah, I build in from Louisville. When you guys were voting, I filled in for Louisville. That was the first time I was ever on the airwaves here and I was talking and I wish I could remember who's your producer at that time.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Whoever the producer was. I'm talking to him before the show started and I go, I goes, so, tell me a little bit about this show that I'm filling in for. I just want to know what's going He goes, Trust me, whatever you have it is not going to remotely come close to what happens here on a regular basis. And I was like, what, he goes, It's a left guy and a right guy fighting like an old married couple. And I was like, okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: I tried to explain to management at the time. I said, this is not going to work. And the reason it's not going to work is even the liberals don't like him, right, so it's and of course they are, oh, you you can make it work, you can make it work. So I made it work. Yeah, I just let him implode.
Speaker 1: And he did quite spectacular. And we're talking about David Sirota, who's still very active on social media. If you want to see exactly what Michael is talking about, all you need to do is just scroll that timeline for just a moment. Maaby Laurian eight five ninety nine. I love you, but don't like mister Brown because he loves himself enough for all of us. Now, I just want to be clear. A lot of people think Michael that you have like the Michael Brown on the radio and the Michael Brown off the air. The man is the same. He loves himself just as much off the air as he does on the air.
Speaker 2: But the problem, the problem I have is is because it's deserved, so I have to you know, I can't. I can't help it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever apologized for something on the air to your listeners? Have you ever gotten something wrong and come back later?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I try to do that. I still feel bad that I told people to get the COVID vaccine. I feel bad about that, you know, and actually, in our industry, I don't think that that happens enough.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. And it's not that I like being wrong, but I really do like it when a listener sends me a text. By the way, I have my own text line so it'll be different than Mandy's. I like it when they text me and say you really need to double check that I think you're wrong, or they send me a link or whatever, and I realized, holy crap, I really was wrong.
Speaker 1: About that, because it gives me something else to talk about. Yes, and then you can pat yourself on the back for being the bigger man and apologizing and correcting yourself on the line. Mayby ask him about his earballs? What? What? What?
Speaker 2: That's a p one right? I have you know? I, I, as a former high school and college debater, speak fairly rapidly, and I get going on something and the brain gets way in front of the mouth. And the other day I said something about you can do something with your earballs eyeballs, but I'm and of course, Dragon who's following the never misses the opportunity to make fun of me. Yes, nor do my listener. Sure, And what's great about my listeners is not only does it carry on day after day after day until I make another mistake, but now they've brought it over here to you.
Speaker 1: Jared in Boulder, says Mandy. Give Brownie a heads up, since Paul, this won't come on your show, Michael will be taking Governor Peephead's interviews. So does the governor come on your show?
Speaker 2: No, the Governor I have a We've been friends for well, I knew. I knew Jared when he was a congressman when I was in DC, and we got along famously, but we knew we had differences. And then a few things happened since he became governor that he and I have really parted ways.
Speaker 1: Well, I will never okay, so we The only time I've ever been able to listen to agame is we basically like we basically corralled him at the DNC, like there was no way for him to just walk by a situation. So a Ron videotape that interview and it went up on social media, and my daughter calls me, My teenage daughter calls me and goes, that man did not want to talk to you. You can see it all over his face. And we finally got tired of like trying to play the game or whatever. And you know, I had a program direct for a long long time ago that said, never forget politicians need you way more than you need this, right, and so it's like it's fine, It's absolutely fine.
Speaker 2: So hick and Loop had a security detail jump on me one time. What hick and Looper when he was governor. So he's out when the DNC was here. So I'm at the DNC, and of course the secret Service to people all still know me, so they let me in. We're doing it, but hicken Looper is. We keep asking him to come over to the booth and he keeps avoiding us. So I said, just need the damn mike, and I just walked because I know how this works.
Speaker 1: Right, You've been the guy running away from the press, and I've been.
Speaker 2: In that bubble too, So I just take a I take a wireless mic and I just walk right up to him and he finished just talking and I just stick the mic in his mouth and say, Governor, you keep refusing to talk to Is. I have a few questions, and he turns around and we're close enough that he hits me with his shoulder, knocks his glasses out, and he screams at the troopers, stop that guy.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, I'm like, oh, record everything and Looper's story and raise you a Mitch mcconnald' tail. So when I got to whas in Louisville. Obviously it's Mitch mcconnald's town, right, So the race for senate to replace the guy who was retiring was was on. The primary race was on. It was an open primary. Ran Paul's announced, and this other guy, Trey Grayson, was Mitch McConnell's guy, right, So I come to town, Mitch McConnell starts working on me to support Trey Grayson, Like, Michael, I'm just going to say it. I felt like I was being groomed by a pedophile, like when is it gonna give me a Teddy Bear kind of thing. It was just a really a full court press. And one day he came in to do the show, and after the show we get done, he's talking to me off the air and I said, Senator, I really appreciate your input, but I'm going to make up my own mind about who's supporting in the setup primary. He froze me out from that moment for like years. He froze me out. And then I found out My husband worked at the station as well, and he was walking in and he sees Mitch McConnell's security detail walking in the building and he says to them as he walks by, you guys looking to see if Mandy's here, And that is exactly what they were doing. They were clearing the path to make sure that I was not in the way so he could go on. The guy after me shown and I was like, I kind of like that. I like that feeling of power.
Speaker 2: Remember when we had the Koa party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm waiting for the elevator and the elevator opens and Polos this detail gets in holds it. Now I'm already in the elevator and Jared gets on and it's the detail his assistant Jared, and I'm standing next to Jared and I just put my eyes down. I'm not going to say a word. I'm going to act as if I don't know I have a clue who he is. And I can see have my perfal vision. He keeps looking at me like, isn't he isn't he?
Speaker 1: Is he going to say?
Speaker 2: To going to say hi, Governor? And I just totally ignore him and the stafford. Everybody's looking at me like don't you know who? I want to say to them? Don't you know who I am?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Somebody just ask Mandy Lauri in A two sixty six said, Mandy, are you gonna shoehorn yourself into Michael's last five minutes as you did with Ross that from Illinois farm Ball. The answer is yes. So Michael does not know this yet. I will just do what I did Ross. I'll just come in and stand uncomfortably close until you told me to sit down and get on the microphone. Because Ross and I have fun on our handoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: We have fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know, unless he's running late and cutting into my show and then there's trucking. Right, Yeah, you're good at keeping the clock though, right.
Speaker 2: I'm very good at it.
Speaker 1: All I need to know, yes, good to hitting that breake on time.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's frankly, I kind of look. I don't think a handoff between me and Ross will work because it's a different kind of show. I think. I think you and me, I think what it would be a good handoff because again snark and sass exactly.
Speaker 1: So my good friend the why Andy Laurie and Yogi, Yes, I do multiple. I have a good friend who's not only a yoga instructor, but she's also a SMA and so she comes in often and she said, I'm looking forward to the next Wye Yogi segment where I can pour wine for goober Goobert Numero Uno and the chief, Mandy Laurian during the crosstalk, did drinking for the win. So there you go. You got that that. We have lots of fun over here. Not having a morning situation as much better because you can drink. I mean, if you drink wine at six am, you're an alcoholic. Apparently at who Knew, Who Knew? Lots of people asking if you're continuing the weekend show too. Of course you would.
Speaker 2: Yes, of course, fifty stations across.
Speaker 1: The You know, I have history on that show, right, No, with Pegs, there's a little I don't know. I do not know the man. I've never met the man. But initially that show was envisioned by Premiere Media as being a show that would rotate hosts so you could get a little flavor from different parts of the country. And I was one of those hosts until Joe Peggs became one of the other Hoaks and went to corporate and said I want the show blocked.
Speaker 2: Me out, so they meet They came to me and said, we want you to fill in till we figure out what to do and you are into consideration. So I failed it and filled it went out for like six weeks. Right, I finally sent Julie Talbot, the president of Premier, and Bill made the program director. I finally sent them an MP three at the end of the Beatles doing let it Be or whatever you get back on the rooftop where it just said thanks for the audition. I got an email back from Julia said, yes, he made the decision. We'll send you a contract.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean that's radio for you. You know a lot of people. I realize that for our listeners any change is challenging. Yes, And I always tell people, especially in talk radio. And I found this to be true throughout the years because I have now replaced in Louisville, Kentucky. I replaced a woman who had died she had a heart attack and a stroke, beloved in her time slot. Did I come here after Pete gets fired and I replaced Beloved in his time slot? So I feel like I know what you're in for to a certain extent. You're already in no quantity. But I always tell people it's like dancing with someone the first time, right, the first time is a little bit awkward, and you got to kind of figure out the rhythm of your dance part. Same thing with talk radio. You just got to let it breathe and just kind of go with it, give it a couple of weeks, and then make a decision, because everybody has different styles.
Speaker 2: Right, And I know that you've listened to my program because I've gotten text messages from you about you know, and then oh, go ahead, So I know that when I start on the tenth there will be some people that will instantaneously file and complaint with iHeart like, I'll tell this guy doing all well.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for your listeners toality.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, your listeners don't even have to change the dial to then text me whatever the nasty thing you said about the blonde lady across the hall. They rap you out so hard. You g got a bunch of Cindy Brady's in your listening audience. They're running over you to tattle on you. Michael, welcome aboard, Michael, Oh, Mandy, who gets custody of name that tune? That will stay on the morning show. I'll dial in from home to do that. If you got to play name that Cannon Ross has created a game. He didn't create it, okay, but he has it on his show. He can't win it, Michael. He's terrible at his own game. I keep telling him. If you're going to create a game, do it like of the Day, where you've got some reasonable thought that you're gonna win your own game on a regular basis. By the way, I don't rig things.
Speaker 2: You don't take the iHeart ethics thing about Paola and.
Speaker 1: I do not cheat. And there's a rumor on KAA Sports that I do cheat, and it offends me deeply to my core every time I hear those yams say protest to anyway. No, I don't cheat. We'll go play golf. I'll have my USGA book and my PGA rule book in my golf bag. That's who I am, Michael out. I'm a rule follower. But now it's time for the most exciting segment on the radio.
Speaker 3: It's Guy in the World of the Day.
Speaker 1: All right now, Michael, it works like this. First we get dad joke of the day. What is that, Anthony?
Speaker 3: What do you get when you cross a fish with an elephant?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Swimming trunks? Oh boy? As I said, those don't really require anything. What is our dad joke?
Speaker 3: It is an adjective. This sounds like Brownie truculent. Trust, He's not truculent at all. It means kind of stout, truculent and thick or angry, who is easily annoyed and eager to argue you a truculary.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a physical characteristic and or not. Well, yeah, that's that you are true for you. No, we get it from the same source every day.
Speaker 2: Course.
Speaker 1: Today's trivia question, what is floam p H l O E M. Flow knock off to foam? Say, it's like when you spit, but it's just foam.
Speaker 2: When you sneeze and a snot sort of comes out just like a little dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're all wrong. It's a plant's inner tissue, which serves as the pipeline through which a plant's nutrients are pasted. In trees, floom lives for a short time, then dies and becomes a protective layer of bark. So that's so much. That's why we do it, Michael, for help learn grow all of that. Okay, Michael Brown, Mandy Connell. What is our Jeopardy category now? Michael if you want to answer the question, you shout Michael, and then we'll call on you and then you answer in the form of a question.
Speaker 2: Since there are only two of us in rug life this week, I'm too well, I shouldn't say.
Speaker 1: Well, whatever you want, but you have to yell something a word, and you do not have to wait until the end of the question. You do because it's the first time. Okay, it is all wait till the end of the question this time. But it's usually a blood sport.
Speaker 3: There is once again a p s A. I randomize this category. I take offense to anyone says that I cater these to our guests. The category is that you George W. Bush Presidential Library, The George W.
Speaker 1: Bush Presidential Library.
Speaker 3: Forty six Baseball Hall of famers visited the White House in two thousand and one and signed a bat for the presidents, including Nolan Ryan, who pitched for this team. You did not, wait, oh, shoot, pitch for this team Texas Rangers.
Speaker 1: Yes, and now you say who are That is corrects crabbit.
Speaker 3: The library has the bullhorn President Bush used at this site.
Speaker 1: MIAs zero, that is correct. That's not fair.
Speaker 3: This nine millimeter glock pistol was held by this former world leader when he was found hiding in a hole in the ground.
Speaker 1: Mike, correct.
Speaker 3: The situation room replica has the actual furniture from Washington from this table. On March nineteenth, two thousand and three, President Bush gave the order to start the Iraq War to General Frank's head of Centcom short for this.
Speaker 1: Mandy, what is Central Command? That is correct?
Speaker 3: Finally, Michael, a reminder, A wrong answer is a minus one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got three right now, I've got one. So you really don't want to say a word.
Speaker 3: Right, Library, unless you're so confident Brownie.
Speaker 1: Even then, I mean take it.
Speaker 3: The Bush Library has a full sized oval office where you can sit behind a replica of this fast do you lose? Mike?
Speaker 2: Is there anybody in the world that doesn't know that's just the Resolute?
Speaker 1: You'd be surprised, I mean you'd be surprised.
Speaker 2: Well, I was winning. I thought there was something behind the Resolute.
Speaker 3: True regardless your first time?
Speaker 2: Did you just say you're regardless?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, regardless, Okay, no, you forget on program. I spoke with Charles Harrington Elster the World the word guy. That's a little bit of a by the way, dictionary dot com Word of the Year sixty seven. Yes tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I don't get it either, because we're old. Michael Michael Brown, starting at nine am. Starting November tenth, Ross moves to six a m.