Speaker 1: Everybody, Welcome to another episode of Eyes on Geopolitics. I'm here with the full crew, Andy Milburn, Mick Molroy, Jason Lyons, and myself Dmitrika Takos. Uh live happening per usual, never not never not something happening. I want to kick off today with well, happy Memorial Day to everybody out there, first and foremost and uh yeah, back to the news. Uh, Russia yesterday launched a pretty massive, one of the biggest attacks of the war on Kiev and other places across Ukraine. A ton of Shahi edrones, ton of ballistic missiles. It looked pretty bad from like what I saw on Twitter and stuff like that. Doesn't really seem, as we've talked about multiple times, that Russia really wants to make a make a deal for a ceasefire or lasting piece of any sort. I mean, let's kick it off there. Andy, you go first. You tell me what you're tracking, what you're thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so friends in friends of mine in Kiev says say that from the perspective being on the ground, it was one of the worst, one of the worst raids. It's an old fashioned term, and one of the worst series of strikes in Kiev since the war started, certainly signaling that Russia has no intention really of of doing anything but continue what they're doing, targeting civilian areas. And you know, again this is not this isn't propaganda. That's exactly what they are doing. I think, you know, there's nothing particularly shocking here. What is shocking is United States lack of response.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, we simply refuse to call Putin on doing what he's doing, which is escalating the war.
Speaker 4: So this of course happened at a time when they were doing this. I think it was the largest prisoner exchange they've done. It's like the sixty fourth time they've done prisoner exchanges. So although it's a good thing, of course to get your prisoners back, from Ukraine's perspective, I don't think it indicates that they're getting anywhere closer to some kind of ceasefire. I think it's in their interest, so they do it. They also ask for all these buffer zones, which are obviously self serving as well. It's time for the United States, I believe, to first pass the Sanctioning Russia Act. That's the act that's being sponsored by Lindsey Graham and Senator Blumenthal, so Senator Graham and Senator Blumenthal. It apparently has eighty senators already signed on to it, which in this day and time is almost unheard of as far as bipartisan support. What it would do any country that purchases Russian oil and gas would then immediately have a five hundred percent tariff put on their goods coming into the United States. So even if this trade work were to go away, basically a five hundred percent tariff basically is an embargo.
Speaker 5: You might as just call it an embargo.
Speaker 4: That would have consequences to India, for example, China, who all not only purchase Russian energy but keep Russian the Russian war machine going. So and there's apparently a parallel bill in the House of Representatives.
Speaker 5: So all good things.
Speaker 4: If they if they if they push it, and I and these are veto proofs, so not that they would that I know of, But if they can't, the White House can't even veto it, it'll it'll pass and it'll be signed into law. Actually, the way tariffs should be done is congressional, so that that could happen right now. Other areas that I think people are going to start focusing on is. I've only seen a few outlets talk about it, but if they're correct, it looks like there's going to be a substantial Russian push into Kharkiv. It's around fifty thousand troops massing on the border, to include some of their more elite forces. Kharkiev and Andy can tell you even more details about the significance, but it's the second largest city. This be something that should trigger all the things that we've been talking about to happen, which includes substantial increase in security, absistence assistance from Europe, the United States, the releasing of troches of funds of Russian frozen assets, This sectioning of Russia acts should be passed, and we should start preparing for an even further involvement of NATO countries into the conflict. But that's something I think everybody's going to start looking at because it, at least from the reporting, appears to.
Speaker 2: Be somewhat Yeah, the the fighting in Dombas has intensified, and you know, I haven't had first an experience there for a period of time, but just hearing that term that it intensified has intensified there is you know, conjures up some some unimaginable images. Put it that way, I mean from the first from the beginning of the war, at least from mid twenty twenty two, it looked like scenes from the First World War. And the towns have been absolutely well, even back then, absolutely annihilated. And now the threat of drones, some of the use of drones on both sides, has become so ubiquitous that there's a personal aspect to these bombardaments, with drones actually seeking out people, locking onto them and killing them. Just a I don't think. I don't think many people can just imagine what to what the environment there is like and people here, you know, as we approach Memorial Day and we get the usual tranch of retirees who want to post pictures themselves in uniform and on social media, and you know, the ubiquitous of the term use of the term here combat veteran. I don't think really anyone can understand what modern warfare looks like as it's been waged in Ukraine, and not just on the front line but against some of the major cities there. But there are there are, you know, mentioned Kharkiv. The thing about it, though, is that although the Ukrainians have are certainly having manpower problems. They are they are more than holding their own on the front line. And you know, we've talked here about the offset. The disproportionate number of casualties have been inflected on both sides. The Russians are taking way more casualties, yes they can afford to. But on the other hand, the you know, there has to there's going to be. There's going to be at some point, I think, a point of pain beyond which, you know, the Russian population just says no mass. You know, I've said that before that it's hard to tell when that's going to happen, and it's but it sooner or later. It is likely to happen after what happened in Afghanistan with far fewer casualties, only fifteen thousand dead. I say, only fifteen thousand in Afghanistan. And I think numbers vary in this war, but as high as one hundred thousand Russian soldiers dead. They're losing a thousand every day. And now whether you look at the Ministry of Defense British Ministry of Defense figures, which are probably the most reliable, or other figures that go even higher. You know that subwords to a thousand killed every day. That's just unimaginable, isn't it. I mean, sorry, hundred casualties, one hundred thousand casualties every day, it's almost unimaginable. And the Ukrainians have some advantages. They're using fiber optic drones now, which means a couple of things that they're much I mean, they're impossible to jam using EW by fiber optic means they are literally drones literally attached to the controller by a fiber optic keyboard. It's like a fishing line. And so you've got the Yeah, you've got the fact that they can't be jammed, which is one of the biggest problems on the front. The Russians are very good with EW. But the other thing is you're getting crystal clear imagery on these things, and the Ukrainians are churning these out, you know, the rate of hundreds to one thousand every day. And so it's again the kind of the face of warfare. And I'm always bouncing around between whether the character on the nature of warfare has changed, and you know, people who teach at war colleges get very offended if you use the wrong term. But certainly the face of war has changed hugely there, and it is changing generally in the Ukrainians favor. So this feeling that Ukraine is on the ropes and we'll give in soon, I think it's mistaken. On the other hand, on the other hand, the problem is that it's hard to envision right now either side making a major breakthrough. I did. The Russians just don't have enough. They don't have enough gas in the tank, I think to seize the rest of Donbass. I mean they've been trying to capture pock rossk now for I mean for about a year. And shithole of a town that it is. I just say that because there's one particular viewer who gets outraged when I say that, because he lives now or used to live there. But it's we all hope pop Ross does not fall. But it is a shithole of a town. But I mean, my point is the Russians are not They They are in places, making very very slow, incremental moves on the front line, but at great, great cost. And it's certainly not you know, at Dundale to say that they're going to own all of Donbass. So and and if I guess what I'm heading on. This is the US. The US really can put its thumb on the scale and I you know, on on either side and make a big difference in this conflict. If we went all in, all in on absolutely enforcing sanctions on Russia, on flooding the battlefield with with with long range precision strike weapons, for instance, then I think we could raise the pain level against Russia. And who knows. I mean, the war is already considered Putin's war. He's already already facing considerable opposition. This is an interesting point when he talks about freezing the front line. So when the US talks about freezing the front lines as they are now, which is Russia holding two thirds of Donbas, surprisingly there is considerable opposition to that within the Russian army. And the reason is because they have seen these horrendous casualties over the course of three years, and they're saying, what, we've lost all of this just to take two thirds of don Bass, you know, not even a fifth of the country of Ukraine. Come on, you must beginning. So the point is that Putince can be holding on by his fingernails if he agrees even you know, as far as being able to betray the war as a victory to his own people, even if the front lights were frozen the way they are. If the war continues and the Russian casualties ramp up, as they certainly will, if the US throats its way behind Ukraine, then I think you're going to see that he's on the ropes and agreeing to far more agreeable terms. But right now, my point is, right now, we the US are playing to him, and he is sidestepping, and he talk of a ceasefire, and so again it gets back to the fact the only thing he understands, sadly, is pain, and that we can certainly bring that to him, but we seem reluctant to do so. On mixed point about prisoner exchanges. Very interestingly, we've seen this throughout the war between the Ukrainians and the Russians. There is a tremendous amount of hatred and bitterness because it is, in a sense a civil war. And when you talk about ethnically culturally, Russians and Ukrainians of course have been closely affiliated, to say the least throughout the centuries, and many Ukrainians have relatives in Russia vice versa. But there is also at the same time I've seen that brigade level, battalion level, and element of humanity And just one quick anecdote from my own experience, and we are in a place called solid Or, We're in the Mozart group. We're trying to get through to evacuate civilians and take out some the Ukrainian military casualties. And we were contacted by the commander. Ukrainian brigade commander said, don't even try. We are you know, we're cut off, and the the intensity of the fire is such that I don't think anything's going to get through. Certainly we weren't going to win soft skinned vehicles. Well, the very next day we got a call and we're told, hey, the road is clear, just drive in, all right, you can come in and evacuate civilians. And the first thing we noticed was the silence. Never you never hear things as quiet at that in Dombas, at least you happened in the last three years. And what had happened is overnight. I don't know who initiated, but either Russian or the Ukrainian brigade commander had called the other on a cell phone and said, you know, hey, Ivan greg Or Igor, let's do this, all right. You've got a bunch of casualties that you need to be evacuated, you can't get them out, But you've also got a ton of our prisoners. Why don't we do this. You turn our prisoners over and we'll let you evacuate your casualties. And that's what the Russians and Ukrainians agreed to, And there was a twenty four hour ceasefire. Not only that, but the two brigade commanders met and everyone has forbidden from taking photographs of this because it wasn't something that was I think, I don't know, but it wasn't something that was advertised up either side's chain of command. So these events have been taking place at tactical level, it's unusual to see them take place higher, but it doesn't necessarily auger the imminence of a longer term ceasefire.
Speaker 3: I mean, Andy's crushing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So I guess I'm gonna go back to you.
Speaker 3: Andy.
Speaker 6: You mentioned the verbial thumb on the scale on the Russian side of it. How much do you think that us putting our thumb firm more firmly on the scale, as in calling them out and and making good on any repercussions that we you know, of the few that we've presented to them, would that make a difference, because it seems like right now our lack of any kind of consistency is emboldening them. So do you think that us enacting those things, calling them out, you know, as in the President calling out Putin, could have a huge effect or you know?
Speaker 7: Or not?
Speaker 2: I you know, I it's a great question. I can't answer it. I can't say whether it will have an effect. But I'll tell you what won't have an effect what we're doing now, which is just ignoring what Putin's doing again. I mean, I think recent history has shown that Putin reacts to fear he you know, go back to the example, or he reacts to painting inflicted on the Russian military and possible repercussions towards him. If you go back to twenty fifteen and when there was a lot of saber rattling between Russia and Turkey over the front line in Syria, and the Russians were flying planes of Turkish lines and Erdawan said, hey, if you do that again, we're going to shoot your planes down. And sure enough, the Turks did well. The Russians didn't escalate to go to war. They'd learned that lesson and they backed off the same thing when the US killed a bunch of Russian contractors, when was that twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen in the Middle Euphrates Valley, the same thing. I mean, the Russians didn't threaten us with war. They backed off and they pulled back down lions. Again, we don't seem to we learned from this. We went through this whole period of escalaitis. We were just terrified that he was going to do something, but history shown that he doesn't. He reacts to things being done against him that inflict pain. Oh and you know the other example you could use. I know progosion came to a sticky end in the end, but remember when almost said the Mozart group, Remember when the Partner group was rebelling and advancing on Moscow, I mean Putin. Putin went quiet right, and there was very little done, and in fact, the army looked as though it was collaborating with pregosion. I think that must have terrified Putin. And and yes he got he got revenge, but he didn't he didn't reach out and try and crush and I don't know if he was even able to do that. He didn't try and crush the rebellion while it was happening. That was amos quote from Lettin. I'll paraphrase when probing with Baydets. If you find mush push, if you find steel withdraw, right.
Speaker 4: So we need to be more of a front that promotes the idea of steel right because right now, until he sees consequences, he doesn't care about compliments or any of that stuff. It's not going to He's not going to be talked into doing something that he doesn't think is in his interest at all. He doesn't care what the world thinks about him. So he has to see the consequences on the battlefield and he has to see that his Uh, he's I think it's already a strategic failure, clearly. But if he doesn't see it's going to be a strategic disaster.
Speaker 5: He's not going to react. So we have to.
Speaker 4: We have to support them every way we can, or if he does somehow pull this off, he's not going to stop there. Right, He's already he he has found a mush push. So that's something we need to change when it comes to his perspective on this.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, it's Jack.
Speaker 8: I just want to talk to you for a moment about how you can support the show. If you've been watching it, enjoying it, but you'd like to get a little bit more involved and help us continue to do this. You can check out our Patreon It is patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse, and for five dollars a month you can get access to all of these episodes of The Teamhouse ad free.
Speaker 7: The same goes with.
Speaker 8: Our affiliated podcast eyes On with Andy Milburn, Jason Lyons mcmulroy that one you will also get all of those episodes ad free, and you support the channel and the show, and we really appreciate it. The Patreon members are literally what has helped this company and this small business survive, especially during our early years, and you are what continues to help this thing going even as we navigate the turbulent world the YouTube advertising.
Speaker 7: So we really appreciate all of you. Guys.
Speaker 8: There's going to be a link down in the description to that Patreon page, and there is also going to be a link to our new merch shop, So if you guys want to go and get some Teamhouse merchandise. We got stickers and we also have patches, and I should mention if you sign up for Patreon at ten dollars a month, we will mail you this patch as well, so we really appreciate that. But they're also for sale on the merch shop and additionally, they got t shirts up there, water bottles, a tote bag, coffee mugs, all that good stuff. So please go and check them out and support the show. We really appreciate it, guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So it's really it's really, you know, just a I know, I keep returning to the tacticle, but I find it fascinating the tact extent are evolving into beast.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You know when I always had that the Russians were starting to use quad bikes and motive cycles to probe Ukrainian lines. Well, now in the fighting around constant Constantinivka, I'm going to get criticized in the way to pronounced that Constantinivka, which is a it's a town south southwest of Barmud, which and northeast of my favorite place, Pokrovsk, so it's kind of like midway between the two towns. Very I'm very familiar with the place. But the Russians apparently launched an attack this last week using with about an estimated who knows about a company sized attack entirely on motorcycles, just just riding at the Ukrainian lines, and Ukrainians mowed them down and drove them back. But it's it's not easy, you know. It's it's no longer these attacks and lumbering armored vehicles with infantry fighting vehicles or EPs covered by a few tanks, because with drones and at gms that the Ukrainians were having an easy task of just carving them up. But when you have like a hundred motorcycles riding at you, you know, on your flanks and everywhere, there's a chance that a good bunch of them are going to be able to outflank you. You know, it's a very interesting change in tactics. And if and even if you it doesn't matter, I mean, you just don't aren't going to have enough drones to be able to stop them all. So you know, what's what's evolved here is rather than combining a bunch of guys in an infantry finding vehicle an APC where they can be incinerated with one shot. The Russians have learned to spread them in you know, across across smaller platforms, faster moving and it's kind of the same lesson that for instance, US Marine Corps has been learning in twenty nine Palms and their peer on peer exercise is called Magtif war fighting exercises. Not so much in the attack, although they should have learned these lessons in the attack, but the Marine Corps just didn't have that many motorcycles. But they've learned it. As far as in logistics resupply that it's no longer it's it's suicidal now to to try and resupply forces using the traditional way that we used to in Iraq in Afghanistan with these big convoys, and the best way to do it is on razors or quad bikes with little petty packets of logistics resupply.
Speaker 4: So, how does the fiber optic drone? Does it actually drag the fiber optic with it or how does it keep from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you know, that's a that's a really good question. I'm not I'm not sure. And the other thing is, and the Ukraine have been using this for this method for about a year. The other thing I'm not sure how this works is now what I had. What I do know is that there's a fail sate, so the fiber optic cable gets separated. The drone can still operate using other means, so you can still pick up using you know, the ground control system. So the fiber optic cable just enables it to fly. It's primary means of connection with the ground control station. Uh. But the but I don't know how they avoid snagging. And I don't know what the range is on these things.
Speaker 4: And those are you know, those are good good questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure there are. You know, we've got a very highly educated audience.
Speaker 6: Well, I understand it's kind of like the uh, I don't even know if they use them anymore, the toe anti tank missile where it's wire guided, and it's if that's the case, then it's probably got to be at least somewhat line of sight, because I know what the toes, you know, you had to had to have line of sight of the target.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, you know, when when we talk about when we talk about again, it gets back to the fact that only the Ukrainians and Russians can enforce the ceasefire. When we talk about just the environment there, and we talk about the fact that these guys, both Russians and Ukrainians, have been fighting in this environment now for three years, and you've got soldiers who have fought and survived that long in this kind of environment. We just no Western army has soldiers that equal that level of the experience. I mean, these are very very experienced, combat experienced, hardened soldiers, and if they are determined to keep on fighting, no peacekeeping army that we or any European nation fields can prevent them from doing so. And I'm thinking when I talk about there somethings particularly about the Russians, of course, but you know the point is that the Russians really have to be frightened into wanting this peace. It's not going to be a piece enforced by any security force in that area.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it's just how much can you make putin squirming? Yeah, Like what I know, Like they have the three hundred and twenty five billion sitting that we've been talking about it almost every week. I don't know why they haven't started using that to start giving paying for arms to Ukraine. Let them know that we're serious like that. The EU, I mean, the EU compared to the United States, obviously clearly over the last few months, is way more serious about this to their backyard.
Speaker 3: Obviously we touched I don't know if we touched.
Speaker 1: On this since, but they had Putin and Trump had a phone call that lasted two hours. People were making a big deal of it, and when it was over, nothing really came of it. It was kind of more stalling on Putin's side and stuff like that. You know, an agreement to have an agreement about it made possible talk about a ceasefire agreement. It's like just it's just nonsense. It's just like spinning, you know, going around ins and going nowhere. Meanwhile, people are in the wood chipper like literally people are just getting killed every day, both Russian and Ukrainians, right, Like.
Speaker 4: I don't know, there's no reason why we wouldn't. Yeah, yeah, so we've put we've put tariffs.
Speaker 3: And the EU too. He just he just announced fifty.
Speaker 4: But the country they decided to invade, a democratic country, had taken upon himself to destroy the international rules base order out the window, and we won't and we're hesitant on Yeah, so I hope, I hope, Lindsay Graham and in Bluementhal get this thing going.
Speaker 5: Let's let's vote on it. Eighty senators want to see it happen. Let's go.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. I'm just gonna message pop upon's signal, okay range fiber optic short range fifteen to twenty kilometers. And they do, and they get tangled entries. They can't get tangled entry. The cable can get tangled in trees. And the other downside is it glints and sunlight.
Speaker 1: Who was that the fiber optic cable that's connected to the drones.
Speaker 3: Drones it glintses, Yeah.
Speaker 6: It makes sense. Sunlight glinting off of it will allow you to try.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still smart audience. But the other thing ten thousand, so I said, hundreds of thousands every oh so, one factory in Kiev producing six hundred of these drones a month, expected to be ten thousand by the end of the summer. Ten thousand a month from one factory. I mean, this scale of production is incredible, you know. That's what I mean about the US defense industrial defense complex being so slow moving that it just cannot keep pace with the It cannot keep up with the pace modern warfare, right, I mean, shit, how many how many mq nins we had shot down at over Yemen? Yeah, twenty yeah, at thirty million bucks a pop, right, I mean it's and yet we still haven't learned. I know we talked about it and there, but we still haven't learned to mass produce expendable but fairly sophisticated drones. We're not learning as fast as we should from this war.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: I mean, how slow the industrial defense in tous Show base really is here. It's like, we need to get procurement first. There needs to be a test. They needs to do this. They need like there's so many hoops to jump through. And I understand we're not at war, so like the we don't think that we need it fast. But yeah, I remember I heard something in twenty eighteen that we were running low on health fire missiles because of what was going on in Afghanistan. I don't know if that's true or if you guys have any insight into that, but that was like supposedly the word on the street in twenty eighteen when we stepped up the drone program in Afghanistan to bring the Taliban to the table.
Speaker 3: That our health fire stock was very low.
Speaker 5: Remember I remember that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we I mean I come for like a peace.
Speaker 4: Peace based weapons and munitions manufacturing capability. I don't know, it'd be something I'm sure the Pentagon has looked at. Is to Andy's point, could we go on a wartime footing and actually keep up with deminitions and weapons systems that we would need to be successful. I don't know that's the case.
Speaker 2: Well, the war in Ukraine took the United States by surprise as far as expenditure of artiri rounds.
Speaker 5: Artillery five fives is like the yeah.
Speaker 2: Because we we just couldn't even if it. The US could not keep pace at all. And I forget the numbers, but even Ukraine, and Ukraine was firing about one sixth the at any given time, one six to one tenth the number of rounds that that Russia is firing. And the US couldn't even keep pace with with resupplying Ukraine in one five to five rounds.
Speaker 3: That's right, what's the hold up?
Speaker 5: Just Marions providing them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why can't Why couldn't they keep it up? I know they've built another factory I think at Texas as well as a script in PA. But why can't the US when they see a problem step up there. I mean, we don't have manufacturing much anymore here in peacetime.
Speaker 2: In peacetime, it just didn't. I mean there's you know, I'm speculating here, but I'm guessing part of it is in peacetime there wasn't the financial incentive to set up these factories to do that because it doesn't provide enough pork, right for the I mean, you take something like the F thirty five. I know it's infamous that you know, the F thirty five is built across the entire country. I mean it's almost like one component built in every state. But there's a lot of money in that because you keep manufacturing. You keep manufacturing, well one five five rounds when you're not having a war that's using them up. You're going to you're going to build a factory to build one five five rounds. But at some point you're going to reach a point where the prominent offence just goes no mass, we don't need anymore. Right Whereas if you have an aircraft or something, you're always going to have to keep building those parts because you have maintenance issues, you have replacement and a fleet of aircraft is going to be projected to be you know, in operation for at least thirty years, so you had there's a future to it. I mean, I'm guessing that's that's partly it.
Speaker 4: There has been discussions with you know, part of it, I think is, you know, if you talk about making an iPhone here, where in China did they pay people five hundred dollars a month to make iPhones for example?
Speaker 5: Here?
Speaker 4: Obviously nobody's going to be working for that. There was discussions on putting some of our key munitions manufacturing capabilities in countries that are allied with the United States, whose cost would go way down, right, because to try to make those here they're going to be almost you know, it's too cost costly. If we had like Indonesia or Philippines or someplace like that, where not only is the cost go way down because the cost to make them go way down, but they're also ford, right, so then you don't have to you have to worry about getting them from Texas to you know, if you fight China over you know, Taiwan or something like that. So that's another thing I know the United States has been looking at, and it would be a beneficial to the country that's we partnered with. Obviously they'd get more jobs making these and we get them for deployed and at less cost. Because that's one of the problems with North Korea, for example, the totalitarian state. They can simply tell people they're making one to five five for the rest of their lives. That's their job period, and they're going to pay them enough to survive. It's hard to keep up with that in the current the current way we do business.
Speaker 1: Other news are I think the Danes have just transferred or are going to transfer the final sixteen F sixteen's over the Ukrainian Air Force in the next couple of days.
Speaker 5: I think good for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is I mean, one cool thing is look at the way I mean Germany. Germany has been leading the charge well, has been forefront in providing Ukraine with high end shit to include air defense systems and offensive weapons now, which is a first and so again and we talked about this before that there's been positive aspects of this. The Baltic nations have all stepped up to the plate. Poland is spending four percent or more of GDP on its defense and has modernized upgraded its entire military is now kind of a leading nation within NATO. And then of course we talked about Finland and Sweden who have joined NATO despite or perhaps because of, partly US apparent lack of resolve in reinforcing well backing the security of Europe. A lot of European nations are are indeed stepping out the plate and NATO is and NATO is more alive than it has been in a while.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, yeah, moving on to fifth round of Iranian nuclear talks have concluded.
Speaker 1: They were a few days back, right, a couple of days ago. It was a couple hours I think two or three hours the meeting went for. No one ran out upset and started yapping and leaking to the media. So I guess it's a good thing that they're still talking. At the same time. That mixes in a little bit. CNN reported last week that Israel is preparing an attack on Iranian nuclear sites if these nuclear talks go nowhere and break down, that they're ready to hit them as soon as possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, are there new sticking points?
Speaker 1: It's just like, are they talking around the same issue over and over again? After like the five talks like what happens when these talks go on. I feel like you can get to the issue relatively quickly, and it seems to like just be a lot of beating around the you know edges.
Speaker 4: It does look like the main issue. And this was stated by the Iranian Foreign Minister and his way to room to have these.
Speaker 5: Uh pretty clearly.
Speaker 4: He said, if if the agreement is Ron doesn't get a nuclear weapon, we have an agreement. If the agreement is or the offer is that Iran can in rich uranium, we will not have an agreement. So if we believe that's the case, that's the sticking point. So and to your point, the nobody ran out, but actually Special Envoy Wikoff left early saying he had to catch a plane. But you know, as immediately pointed out by people, as he owns the plane that he flies around on. So he probably should have came up with a better excuse than.
Speaker 3: That I missed my flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has a state issue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you know that happens to guys at certain age. But I do think obviously it would be better for us to get to a diplomatic resolution to this because the military option, which I do think We've talked about this several times. Should be an option, but it's not a complete fixing of the situation. It might just push it down the road several months. So we should all want that to happen. Obviously, Iran should want Their economy is doing horribly, inflation is way up, the regime is super unpopular. They should want to see these sanctions, which could increase because there's potential for snapback sanctions under the original twenty fifteen JCPOA to happen because Europe is now talking about that, so that would increase the sanctions on Iran and make it even more I think beneficial to them to reach an agreement. So the question is will they or I guess one of the potential answers is will they go with something like the UA did, which is a regional consortium of enriched uranium that's imported into the country in this case are on. They can use it for civilian nuclear power, but they don't have the capacity to do it themselves. But there is an uninterrupted, agreed upon supply of this. I think that's what the US is going to ask for. Whether the Iranians will agree with it, I don't know if they don't think. I don't think Israel is bluffing. I think they are always going to be ready to take the strike, even if they do it unilaterally. They have the capacity, you know, as we've seen with their strikes and new data and to get there. The question then becomes, do they have the munitions necessary to actually destroy or significantly degrade all these facilities at for now and Aton's and is Stefan and I can't remember last one, but there's several. So if they did that, it would end probably the discussions that are ongoing. But there's going to be a time when the US and Israel are going to determine whether you know, they're on the tenth, twelve fourteenth meeting and it's not going anywhere, and they're still stuck. As your point, it's still stuck on the same issues. Whether it's just Iran trying to drag this out and then make they make their own determination on the strikes. If there is strikes, whether it's bilateral with the US and Israel or Israel by itself, the consequences, of course, are what Iran does in retaliation, and that could be substantial and it could really not only disrupt what's going on in the region, but it could disrupt international energy markets considerably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you got to make a deal. I mean, because I kind of understand Iran's point of view, honestly, if they want to continue to be able to enrich it because they made a deal ten years ago and three four years in that deal was gone, right, So you're.
Speaker 5: Correct members are still part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean I understand why they would want to continue to enrich I mean also, at the same time, you know what happens, even if we join Israel and bomb them and we set their program back three to six months, we're not going to be probably not going to be able to stop them from getting a bomb eventually, and that won't that harden their efforts in doing so.
Speaker 3: If I'm them, I would Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, they're looking at the difference between you know, momar CUTOFFI and Kim John Moon, Right, so one is getting love letters from the President of the United States, the other ones was killed in a ditch.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So what I mean, and what I'm referring to is nuclear weapons are regime security. So if and they I've been on with you know, Iranian officials on foreign media. They say clearly like if we get bombed, then it's going to be one hundred percent effort to try to get to a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 5: So I mean that's a threat.
Speaker 4: So I wouldn't say that that means we don't do them strike, but we've got to be prepared for the mining of the straits of horror moves, the attacking of US military facilities, oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, the racing toward a nuclear weapon. Potentially Russian helps them. Russia helps them with that, or in North Korea then we have a nuclear arm pissed off or on. So I mean, there's no easy answers on this. But you know, you hear some senators like, well just blow them up. It's like, ah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We were trying to do that with the Huthis for almost two months and it didn't do a great job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it should be an option. But if you think it's the magic bullet, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's all of these things a milli. I mean, you look at everything that's been tried, stuck Snet, the attacks on the Iranian scientists. If bombing, if you know we're keeping this open source, if bombing would have worked, then it probably would have taken I mean, if there was if people were convinced people, you know, US ISRAELI convinced that bombing could be a one off.
Speaker 3: Thing, and it was set back fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then I think it would have been done. You know, I mean, you get you get experts within the US who I know to be experts saying publicly the most we can do is set them back a period of time. And so yes, I mean I agree with Meke one hundred percent. And you know, frankly, I would be more worried about Iran being a responsible actor, a regional responsible actor, and I'm more and so perhaps shaping sanctions and shaping the way that these negotiations are taking place to prevent remove incentives and impose disincentives for Iran back making regional proxies that are closing disruption throughout the throughout the region. That is that to me, would be a priority, right because we may or may not be able to stop them. That that's the sad fact. We may or may not be able to stop them generating a UK weapon. I'm not saying I'm not saying that's okay, I'm just saying that's reality.
Speaker 1: There any talks maybe baby even back channel talks about the proxy stuff, or that's not even on the table with these nuclear talks.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But I mean, Aman is normally the route, and they're involved in these negotiations, right, even the ones in Rome. It's normally the back channel route for the United States. But to Andy's point, I mean, I mean, we're going to talk about Gaza after this. It's it all comes back to the heel to the doorstep of a rock, right, They're causing all the ads. They provided AMOS with ninety of their military capability. I don't think they would have done this without direct coordination. I don't care what the Intel says of with Iran, at least their knowledge. And either way, if you're providing the terrorist organization, you know, all its military capacity, you're responsible for their actions. It's pretty simple to me. And then of course hesblad chimed in UH and then the Huthis. So this is this is the regional instability in the Middle East is the result of Iran, and I think we should be crystal clear about that. So that's gonna have to be addressed. Even if we do get to an agreement, which I hope we do, of course on the nuclear front.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Moving on to Gaza. A couple of days ago on Horetz, a former Israeli prime minister, I'm gonna fuck up his name. Give me one second, dude, Olmert hope I did that right, for he was a prime minister from two thousand and six to two thousand and nine or not been in Horets Haretz is are relatively critical, I would say, publication against like the Net and Yahoo government. He said in his op beed essentially that the idea f in Israel is potentially waging war of annihilation, premeditatively adopting a policy of starvation, massacring civilians. And uh, he declared it a genocide. He said the word genocide in his op ed. And for a former Israeli prime minister to do this, whether he's liberal or whatever, I mean, we had a liberal member of parliament from the you know, from the Kanesset, and you know they still are hardcore in terms of security and security of Israel and all that. So for him to come out, it's I feel like that's relative. That's pretty scathing of a of an op ed about what's going on in Gaza, and I happen to agree with him. So I don't know what, what do you I mean, I have no question here, It's just I wanted to throw your thoughts everybody, whoever, you get pictures, figure out who goes first.
Speaker 4: So right now we're looking at what they're calling Operation Gideon's Chariots. Right, so it's a substantial increase. I think everybody was hoping they get to a ceasefire, largely because some ausquin except the offers that were proposed by the United States and Israel, and it looks like an all out effort to completely occupy Gaza by the Israeli defense For such, I think they're about seventy percent there, seventy seven is what the least they're saying.
Speaker 5: And they're basically blown up rubble.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's I think it was only like five to ten percent of dwellings that were still standing before this offensive. So and there's an effort, I think to push a lot of the population into the south. The humanitarian conditions are extraordinarily dire my group, for people that know we do humanitarian stuff all over the world, We're not involved in it at all, but the conditions are to the point where almost the entire population is in what's called IPC Phase four, which is acute shortages of food. About five hundred thousand are in IPC Phase five, which is catastrophic levels of food insecurity, with sixty six thousand kids on the verge of starvation, children infants if nothing's done. So there's two parts to that. There's multiple parts of this. This needs to come to a stop. That's clearly with the United States and Europe wants Hamas needs to let out, let go of all the hostages, and there needs to be a path that not only brings in humanitarian aid at scale, because the food stores are about out completely, so the bakeries are shutting down. There's nothing to even make the food of excuse me, the water is now ninety five percent of the ability to clean water because there's no fuel coming in is gone, so everybody's drinking contaminated water, which is exasperating the crisis itself. And there's of course very little hospital still standing. So that needs to change immediately, and I think the US is going to push for that and should, But there also needs to.
Speaker 5: Be a plan.
Speaker 4: International Communities has a plan to secure Gaza that takes into account Israel's national security concerns, which are substantial, right we also what happened to October seventh. There has to be an interim between where we are now with the IDF, which I don't think wants supermanently occupy Gaza if you ask any of them, especially.
Speaker 5: The reservists that are being called up for the fourth time.
Speaker 4: And also has security for the people that live there, and that's going to be a trained, I think, Palestinian force, but they're far from doing it. So there needs to be an effort I think on that front, in addition to demanding the increase in humanitarian aid, because this needs to come to an end with something that is consistent with Israeli security concerns as well. So there's a lot of tweets and.
Speaker 5: A lot of talk.
Speaker 4: There needs to be a lot more substance coming out of these meetings like they just had one in Bagdad where everybody condemn the war. Okay, that's that's fine, but there needs to be a plan. And then, of course the reconstruction of Gaza, which is gonna take tens of billions of dollars and it's gonna take the international community to come together.
Speaker 1: And Israel should probably put uh pull out the check book as well. I feel like, because they decimated it, I think that's only fair. I mean, I'm not saying pay for the whole thing, but be part of the conversation at least and give me that give me that account number, you know, the Ah send it over. I don't know. I mean, I know, I'm gonna be honest. I am not a fan of what the fuck Israel's doing whatsoever. It's insane. I know, you want to be secure and stuff like that, but the fact is they dropped the ball on October seventh, and it was horrific what went down, absolutely horrific. Twelve hundred people, like you know, citizens don't deserve to die at a music festival. They're like hippies and kaboots is They do not deserve to fucking get slaughtered the way they did. But the reaction by Israel is a complete, in my opinion, a complete and utter overreaction and starving kids. Sorry, guy, I can't. I cannot fuck with that whatsoever. Their kids, what do they do? They were just born in a place they couldn't They didn't control it.
Speaker 3: You ask me.
Speaker 1: It's Frankly, it's fucking disgusting, even the a plan that's going on right now, where it's like essentially like they're just like doing what they just enough what they need to do so they can have plausible deniability to not be called war criminals, which is what they are. Bib Nanya, who's great cabinet and his work cabinet. Sorry, the leadership in Israel is a fucking disaster and it's a nightmare, and it's a bummer. It's a real bummer because they do deserve to be secure. Israel definitely deserves to be secure, and they do have one of the best militaries, one of the best intelligence services. They dropped the ball on October seventh, and they could have done what they're very good at, which is like strategic You saw the pagers, You saw what they did with Israala. They can really cut the head off the beast relatively easy what they did and Iran with hamas leadership during the funeral and stuff like that. They are extremely capable, and it's just I feel like they've overreacted by ten x that's my opinion, and I think people should get fed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Agree that it's just going too far, I think right now, at this point, anybody who is okay with what's going on as a hardcore apologist or they're just being willfully ignorant. I again, will hardly agree that Israel should be secure. I just don't agree with the point that we are that they are at, with what they're calling securing their borders. I just can't agree with it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, in a perfect world, there would be a two state solution and it would be fixed and stuff like that. But I can't even see that happening for like another generation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're far away from that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just I just try to imagine. I'll try to tell my friends, Like, imagine somebody trying. There's two point seven million people in Brooklyn, right and let's say the rest of the four boroughs wanted to come and rolled up and we're doing what Israel's doing. You gotta pick up on ak and fight. How you know, you see your mom, your dad, your sister, your brother either being starved or being killed. At some point, you either you know, you get going or you don't. Like I just don't. I mean, it's really hard, Like I just try and to ask people to put themselves in other people's positions and see where they're coming from and have and tell you ask yourself how you would react. Right, Like, imagine somebody invaded the United States. You know, we're fucking shoot. You know, we all have guns. I don't. I don't have a gun. I mean I do have a gun, but you know we're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get you do what you don't doing its license too, So yeah, I kind of a gun.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So you know you're gonna defend your where you live, your homeland and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So like can look at the United States, right, we got attacked on nine to eleven, and we invaded two countries and took them over and one of them didn't have.
Speaker 3: Anything to do on a eleven, correct, Yeah, So.
Speaker 4: That's I think. I guess the moral of the story is, don't attack another country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, women and children.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, at the same time, like the US, we could have done better in terms of the guy and stuff like that. Of course, we could have been more strategic at it and stuff like you know. I mean, then the idea of nation building is a is a fantasy land. Unless we have one hundred and fifty years. The interesting part is like Israel and Gaza are right next to each other. So if counterinsurgency was ever gonna have a chance to work, because you'll be there for generations, you would think it would work there instead of sending some kids from Brooklyn or Nebraska or Alabama over Iraq and stuff like that and try be they were going to be there for twenty four months, they'll have their own elections and they'll be a great country.
Speaker 2: The IDF doesn't train for counter counterinsurgency. They don't have a counterinsurgency manual. They have a couple of articles written about counterinsurgency, but they don't train to it. It's not part of their doctrine. And that's you know, but that's that is a symptom. It's not the cause. I think the symptom is this. If you want to look at the cause, you have to go way back to the assassination of Yitzak Rabin in nineteen ninety five, and he was probably the last glimmer of hope for a two state solution. And no one can accuse him of being an Israeli trader. He was a patriot, had risked his life many times and was considered actually to be more on the right wing until he started to negotiate with the PLO, which led to his assassination. But what you've seen then since then is a steady shift to the right within Israeli politics, the rise of Netnya Who and the rise of those who support Netta Who and their dominance within you know, kind of the the Israeli political environment. And then of course the events of seven October solidified that and put it arguably put an end to hopes for a two state solutions because even those on the left in Israel couldn't imagine living side by side with a possible repetition of that threat. What is sad and I think mix is that as part of this and mixed figures really tell the story. I mean, sixty thousand kids facing starvation that should never happen, regardless regardless of what the cause was or what the intent is. Sixty thousand kids starving a civilian population is not in accordance with the law of conflict. That is period, black and white. Okay, how do we get here? Well, as I've said, you know, I think within Israel that you've seen that shift to the right. But you know, having visited Israel about half a dozen times since seven October. There's something else that I find disturbing in discussions about Palestinians. It's a very dispassionate discussion. It's almost as though they're not referred to as human beings but as a problem to be solved. And I think a lot of Israelis, even very Israelis who would consider themselves compassionate humanitarian people, refer to Palestinians in those terms. And once you start disassociating your enemy from or disassociating, yes, your enemy, because all of Palestinians, all of Guards are lumped in as their enemy. You've heard this talk about that there are two million supporters of her Mass within Guards. That you hear that time and again. We've heard it from one of our guests on this show. They just cannot differentiate between the civilian population and her mask. Now there's undoubtedly her Mass had widespread support within Gaza, but you know, as we all know in former military, you've got to there's a difference between widespread support and actually being a fighter, and you cannot punish the civilian population. You cannot ethically punish the civilian population for what the you know, the minority, and they are a minority, are doing of armed insurgents. So Olmert's Olmert speaking out I see as positive, but you also see that he is very quickly He's not he's already sidelined and he's going to be attacked vehemently as being a trader. There is a very low level of torrance within Israel for dissent against what is happening in Gaza, and in the international community. There is no major actor who is really speaking out and doing anything. And I think that is yeah, certainly of certainly of concern for anyone who cares about humankind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we saw it here in America too, right, like when an eleven then we went into Iraq.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I absolutely I get it. As being part of the invading force in Iraq. I yes, a huge mistake, of course, of course, But you know what, there was never a case where we surrounded a place and staff the population, all right. I mean, you know, having gone through the Battle of Fallujah, we made every effort to bring the civilian population out at risk to ourselves. We invested the city, all right, and we before we I mean we we signaled that we were going to invade Fallujah. When we did in November, we were signaling. We were on television saying, hey, we're going to come in and evade. If you are a civilian, leave all right, And we gave them free passage, and we dropped leaflets and we broadcast to them. We made every effort to bring them out. And when we went in, we were under strict, believe it or not, strict rules of engagement. We weren't allowed to use We couldn't just blast away at buildings unless we were taking fire. At least those were the roel under It might have been the battalion I was attached to, And that's why we went in and cleared all those fucking buildings, right, We didn't we didn't flatten them. We didn't even we didn't have drones to send in. But that's why you got dudes kicking open doors in the twenty first century, going down dark hallways and fighting toe to toe with a mooge, partly out of concern for civilian casualties. So yeah, I mean, we made a lot of mistakes, and I saw a lot of dead civilians in Iraq who didn't need to die. But we also overall, we US military did our best revent that from happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was just talking about the US populace in terms of like support for the Iraq War at that time, right like it was in the sixties, it was like every you know, you know, in terms of political that's like, you can't get better than that, really.
Speaker 2: But remember we thought, I mean, we genuinely thought it were liberating the Iraqi people from a tyrant. And and you know that wasn't that narrative was not far off the truth, you know, I mean, I was one of the first first US soldiers in the Baghdad in April to that We were greeted by cheering crowds. They were so happy. Now, the reason why that turned into insurgency, there's a number of reasons, and some of them are complex. Some of them are pretty fucking simple, like disbanding the Iraqi army. And but but there was you know, yes, the connections with with the ninety eleven, the connections with weapons semess destruction were notoriously wrong. But at the end of the day, many Iraqis at the time did think of US as liberators. Let's not forget that.
Speaker 4: Ask you guys, they did because I was I wasn't the group that came down from the north right, So we were supposed to have a whole division with us, But it's.
Speaker 5: Just upp being CEE. I guys mostly in.
Speaker 4: Tenth Group Test Special Forces Group, and I had a lot of pesh Murger.
Speaker 5: So I agree with.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to have an American division with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Turks went let them through. They did jump in for Yeah, the fourth Infantry Division was supposed to come in and the Turks would let him through. Another story. But to the to Andy's point, we were and I think we did liberate a country from a tyrant. I mean, Saddam was a butcher, a tyrant. He tried to kill the curds up in the north with these chemical weapons, and he was just a horrible person. So I think we could be proud of that, but I don't think it had the nexus to the nine to eleven that we claimed it did, or Nandy already addressed the chemical weapons. I do think we've learned our lesson there, and I don't think it will happen again.
Speaker 5: I hope. I think there'll be a lot of people that will look back on you.
Speaker 4: Know, whether it's nation building excuse me, as you said, d as not being away forward for the United States ever again and being stuck in these endless conflicts that go on for decades. I think that's going to be another there's gonna be another view of that by the American population.
Speaker 2: But I would like to add something else to you know, And it's not just because we're coming up a Memorial Day and I'm feeling a little sappy about having served in uniform. And I've seen, trust me, I've seen the worst. I've seen the worst of our behavior in places, you know, to include mgat issue in Iraq, Afghanistan. As I've said, I've seen I've seen civilians killed who shouldn't have died. It didn't need to die. But again, overall down to the individual and soldier and marine, I saw a great deal more humanity in their dealings with the local populace. And we you know, with a few, with a few exceptions, we we treated them like human beings and you know a lot of cases. Working as an advisor with the Iraqi and Afghan armies and special forces and police, I saw very strong relationships formed between them and their American advisors, you know, even at a time when distrust was being when when we were taking some blue and Blue casualties from said Afghan soldiers. So I mean I've seen, I saw more to be proud of in the US military than I did to be ashamed of. Yes, I'm ashamed of US foreign policy, of course, I mean it was I ashamed is probably the wrong word. Disappointed is probably the wrong word. Disgusted perhaps, but yes, certainly. But as far as the behavior of Americans in uniform, I mean, overall, I'm just very you know, I've been proud of being proud to be part of that organization. Even if we pursued a cause that was doomed from the start, the way it was carried out was not, and the way it was carried out was yes, tactically and strategically flawed. But from the point of view of how we behaved on the ground, I don't think we have anything to be ashamed of.
Speaker 4: A great America can be proud of their men and women and the armed forces and how they had performed over the last well hundreds of years, but certainly the last.
Speaker 2: Twenty except fighting the British that was a mistake.
Speaker 1: We got you the Yeah, I got a question. So you guys were in theater when it all went down, So when what's the guy's name?
Speaker 3: Bremer comes with the boots.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, it comes out and does like the press conference to say that they're disbanding the Iraqi Army and then the Bathist Party. You guys are on the ground. You got what's your reaction to that?
Speaker 5: Internally, everybody it was a bad idea. Everybody knew it was a bad idea.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even debated, at least from the CIA and the people I was with. And I was a junior guy, so I wasn't involving these discussions. But I mean essentially, if you wanted to do anything in a rock you had to be part of the Bathrost Party. If you wanted to be an elementary school teacher, you had to be part of the Bathroist Party. So by basically alienated them from society, you cut everybody out that had any skill at all.
Speaker 5: So that was terrible.
Speaker 4: And then of course if you fire everybody that knows how to fight, you're gonna fuel the insurgency.
Speaker 5: Right, they don't have a job, they're not getting paid, and they have an AKA.
Speaker 4: They were ak and then how to use it because there was a modern army, right, it wasn't it wasn't a malicious These are modern armies, uh, And we created our own insurgency or at least contributed to it substantially. So, I mean there's a lot that goes into the decisions that we made that didn't work out for us in I rock, But those are two of the big ones that certainly Field.
Speaker 5: Field what was to come Well.
Speaker 3: I mean that's thing.
Speaker 2: I think we should have sent them more emails just asking them to name five things that they had done for coalition forces, only five them if they if they could answer. But yeah, the cool thing is there were commanders willing to disobey orders and for and you know as so, I mean, I agree, yeah, we we we made unemployed overnight, literally tens of thousands, actually a couple of hundred armed trained soldiers, many of whom had seen their friends killed by Americans, you know, at a time when we didn't necessarily need to do that. And so when I say commanders dissipate orders, subsequently by recruiting a number of these guys, it was in small groups, you know, like the Iraqi intervention, brigade. But there's no doubt about it that on the side of the mooge were a number of these guys who had been made unemployed. And I know that personally because when they came back as an advisor and we I was within an Iraqi for the Iraqi Intervention Brigade, a lot of guys who form a Saddam Republican Guard or special forces, they would call their bodies on the other side in the mooge to have discussions.
Speaker 5: You know, And so.
Speaker 2: We at the time we were trying to the mooge was a term that just kind of rose because we didn't know what to call the enemy, so we called them. Do you remember anti Iraqi forces or something, some ridiculous term. But they were nationalists. They weren't pro Southern, they weren't pro pro Alcada. They were nationalists who had been who had been emasculated basically by having their weapons and their jobs taken from them by an invader, and they wanted to fight back, and we created that nationalism against ourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that sounds like the antithesis of a counterinsurgency, but I'm not an expert whatsoever. Right that is that when David Portray started writing is the Systeah?
Speaker 2: Well, well, the cool thing is we created the insurgency, so then we had to come up with counterinsurgency. So I mean we we could have written the doctrine on how to create an insurgency too, And so you had both sides of the defense. Americans, we can go anywhere and make anything out of nothing, whole cloth.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I got nothing else. This was a great side the that's super interesting.
Speaker 1: I want to tell everybody Happy Memorial Day and remember everybody who's you know, been lost Andy Milburn currently Andy Milburn. I'm so I apologize. His book, When the Tempest Gathers. The link is in the description. You can hear all about his h his experiences.
Speaker 3: It's an incredible book. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Mick mulroy, Lobo fog Bo doing great stuff, trying to get humanitarian across the across the world. His publications as well, all down in the description if you want to see him what he writes on Twitter or Blue Sky or LinkedIn Lincoln in the description.
Speaker 3: Jason Lyons. Links are in the description.
Speaker 1: The best thing you can do to help support the show you get the teamhouse and eyes on completely ad free and early is go to our Patreon Patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse. It really is important that you help support the show. And uh, yeah, I don't have any links, so don't try find me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to go and find a photo of myself looking much younger in uniform to post on Facebook.
Speaker 1: Find me, send me it, I'll post it for you. I'll post it online. Thanks guys, this is great.
Speaker 2: Thanks Jan.
Speaker 3: Thanks right, everyone, have a good weekend.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, it's Jack.
Speaker 8: I just want to talk to you for a moment about how you can support the show. If you've been watching it enjoying it, but you'd like to get a little bit more involved and help us continue to do this, you can check out our patreon. It is patreon dot com slash the Teamhouse, and for five dollars a month you can get access to all of these episodes of The Teamhouse ad free. The same goes with our affiliated podcast eyes On with Andy Milburn, Jason Lyons mcmulroy.
Speaker 7: That one you will also get all of those episodes add free.
Speaker 8: And you support the channel and the show and we really appreciate it. The Patreon members are literally what has helped this company, in this small business survive, especially during our early years, and you are what continues to help this thing going even as we navigate the turbulent world of YouTube advertising.
Speaker 7: So we really appreciate all of you guys.
Speaker 8: There's going to be a link down in the description to that Patreon page, and there is also going to be a link to our new merch shop, so if you guys want to go and get some Teamhouse merchandise, we got stickers and we also have patches, and I should mention if you sign up for Patreon at ten dollars a month, we will mail you this patch as well, so we really appreciate that. But they're also for sale on the merch shop and additionally, they got t shirts up there, water bottles, a tote bag, coffee mugs, all that good stuff, So please go and check them out and support the show.
Speaker 7: We really appreciate it, guys. Thank you,