Speaker 1: Billy cunning in the Great American Reds Baseball kicked off about five forty tonight in Pittchburgh. Now winners of five in a row, marching for glory this weekend, a big series here with the Chicago Cubs. But until then, Jonan, you and I now is Michael Wright, who's the civil attorney for the estate of Ryan Hinton, the eighteen year old teenager shot and killed by Cincinnati police. And Michael Wright, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, I wanted a touch base with you after the comments yesterday of last me so Marco, as you may know, I had her on with me and she talked about the bullet wound that killed Ryan Hinton, which maybe factually was in conflict to what the chief of police had said the day after the shooting. And I wanted to see what impact that has on your case, if anything.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, I think it is significant. The fact that the chief and the corner can't get on the same page. I mean, that's pretty interesting. We I believe that you know, what the chief was saying has been intentionally misleading from the corners report. He was shot in the left forearm. He was shot. It says left lateral chests below the armpit. Now, and that's not what she said when she was on your show. She said that he was shot in the chest, mid center the chest and he was shot below the armpit. And the third finding, which was pretty interesting, was that he was shot in the back. It says right postereo lateral chest, so basically he was shot in the back behind the right shoulder. So, you know, I think the chief has some explaining to do. Why this she was intentionally misleading, and I believe that you know this really this is really interesting that you know, these facts are coming out. We did an independent autopsy and we have not released the results yet because we are waiting for information from the corner that we requested, such as photographs and things of that nature that they have not sent to us. So, you know, we believed all along this was a bad shoot, and this is more indication, more evidence that this was an unlawful shooting of Ryan Hinton. But again, we're still investigating, and we unlike the Cincinnati Police Department, unlike the Corner's office, we're not going to do things piecemeal. We're going to have all our information together and we will present all at one time. What we believe will show the unwallful killing of Ryan.
Speaker 1: And Hinton Michael right, Let's break it down, doctor Lasmisimaco said. An autopsy revealed Ryan Hinton had three gunshot wounds, one in the left forearm, one in the left lateral chest, and one near the right part of the chest. I asked her yesterday, could there'd be two shots that hit his body causing three gunshot wounds? She said yes, But I asked her. I asked her specifically, the one in the left forearm and the one in the left lateral chest could be one bullet that exit at the sternum, and one shot was say, in the woods somewhere, and the one near the right part of the chest launched himself at the base of the skull. And I asked her, well, how do you shoot somebody on the right side of the chest there if they're running, if they're in front of you, running away from you on the right And she said, well, it could have been the first shot, which may I use the term kill shot, is the one that took out part of his heart and that could have flipped his body to the right that caused that bullet wounded the right part of the chest with a bullet lodging up by a skull. Isn't that a reasonable assumption or not?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't believe so. Our corner, independent corner, does not believe so. But again we're waiting for all the evidence, all the information, everything that we requested from the corner in order for us to finish our independent autopsy. So that doesn't sound plausible. However, you know that's their you know that that's their story, and they're sticking to it at this point. But what's interesting is that it's all piecemeled, you know, her autopsy. I've never seen an autopsy like this. It was just three sentences that that makes no sense. So again, oh go ahead.
Speaker 1: You know fairly, Michael, right, there's nothing in here to indicate that he was shot in the back. She uses the term left forearm, left life chest and one near the right part of the chest.
Speaker 3: I don't see the word back anywhere in there.
Speaker 2: Well, and there again they're being intentionally misleading. Right posterior lateral chest adjacent to the shoulder. He was shot in the back. So again, intentionally misleading information that is being piece milled by this department that's investigating themselves.
Speaker 1: Do you have a corner, do you have an equal you have a corner saying these findings have doctor Lasmi Samaka are not accurate.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do, but we are waiting for the additional information that we requested to finalize. You know, our corner's report.
Speaker 1: Can you address yourself to the issue of an eighteen year old illegally with a gun, pulling it out of the car that he was stolen, running four or five steps, falling, dropping the gun, and picking up back up. Isn't that an indication that he intended to use it if he picked it up at least twice.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not, that's not what that means. Let's let's let's look at how he was shot. He was running away and even with the chief said, there's nothing in the video that indicates that he was pointing the gun towards an officer. And what's even more interesting, Bill, was that it was an undercover officer, a detective that shot him. It wasn't a uniformed officer that shot him. So how do we know that, Ryan, Well, one, there's nothing indicating or showing that he pointed the gun towards this officer. And let's say, for argument's sake, that he did. If this is an If this is an ununiformed officer that's pointing a gun at you, how does Ryan know this is not the person that owned the vehicle that was coming after him with a gun trying to get their vehicle back.
Speaker 1: So, Michael, right, you're saying that the officer who killed Ryan Hinton was not in uniform? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. This was an undercover and as the chief, As the chief indicated when she spoke to you, she said that once the uniform officers got there, the undercover officers were supposed to back off. So again, intentionally misleading statements that we are still trying to piece together. But you know, we're not going to make, you know, statements that we can't back up. So again, once we're finished with our investigation, we're going to present the evidence that we believe is going to show that this was an unlawful shoot, that the officer should not have been in reasonable fear for his life, that Ryan was running away, trying to get away, this officer shot him in the side and also in the back. And what we're still trying to determine also is whether or not there was more than one shooter. We don't have that information either, so we requested the corner's information, the ballistics information. We have not received that either.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it wrong for Ryan Hinton at the age of eighteen to illegally possess a gun and to steal a car? Didn't his behavior bring about his own death in a sense by illegally committing felonies at the moment he was shot because you can't be under twenty one to have a firearm, and he had a handgun.
Speaker 3: And not hard to agree that.
Speaker 2: I would agree that his behavior was not what he should have been doing. However, that doesn't mean that he should get the death sentence by an officer that should not have shot.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the gun itself pointed, according to the Cincinnati Police, and I have the statement originally here of the Chief of Police who talked about this is the day after the event took place, and she essentially said, I'm gonna share it with you. This is from the Cincinnati Police on Tuesday morning. Cincinnati Police officers from the Fugitive Apprehension Squad, we're investigating a stolen car near East Price Hill. When the officers approached the car, four suspects jumped out of the car and ran. One of the suspects pulled a semi automatic handgun and pointed it at an officer. That officer fired his weapon, hitting the suspect, the armed suspect instead. No other officers were injured. They're saying in this statement quote pointed it at an officer.
Speaker 3: Are you contending that is false?
Speaker 2: That's absolutely false. It's intentionally misleading. And then she says that there's no video evidence that would substantiate or that would confirm that the gun was pointed at an officer. So absolutely false, misleading statements that we disagree with.
Speaker 1: It does the videotape, which the blurry. I've seen it one hundred times. You probably seen it five hundred times. It's blurry, and I can't see him having a gun in his right hand, and the officer said he did. And the videotape, to be generous, is blurry. How can you make this statement he didn't have it when there's not video evidence that he did or didn't. From my perspective as a great American, I looked at that a lot, and it's so blurry. I can't see what's in his hand, if anything, can you right?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely no. So how does the chief make the statement that he pointed it at the officer and that's why the officer discharged his firearm and left out the fact that this was a undercover detective clothes officer. So you know this, there's just a lot of things that don't add up there. There there's a lot of information, there's a lot of statements that just don't they they don't fit together. So that's why we are still investigating. That's why we have not come out and made you know, uh statements to the fact that this was absolutely a bad shoot early on. But the more information that we are getting, you know, it points to the fact that Ryan should should still be here with us. He should not have been shot and killed by the officer. It was an unlawful shoot, and you know, we are going to hold the department accountable.
Speaker 1: Michael, right, I'll paraphrase a little bit what the chief of police said to me on the air, and also the coroner and also Ken kober Uh, the Queen City Police. The president of the lodge said, an officer does not have to wait for an armed suspect to point a gun at them or to fire around to respond. And and and there was a gun. I've seen the picture of the nine millimeter gun on the on the on the pavement. I've seen pictures of it. Is that Ryan Hinton's gun.
Speaker 2: He had it in his possession. So whether or not it was his gun, I can't speak directly to that, but yes, it was in his possession, all right.
Speaker 3: If it's in his possession, he.
Speaker 2: Did he did fall, he did pick it up, he did run away from the officers. But this officer shot him in the side, and he has a bullet in his back, so there was no He did not even look in the officer's direction. So it is not reasonable for the officer to use deadly force in this situation when it does not.
Speaker 1: The video shows him picking up the weapon and running between the big dumpsters. Can you say whether your client had the gun in his right hand at the moment he was shot.
Speaker 2: I can't at this point, Bill, We're still investigating. As you indicated, the video is very blurry. Blurry video is hard to see. So you know, how do you make the determination? How did the chief make the determination that you know? It makes the statement that it was pointed at the officer when the officer took a shot. Furthermore, the officer shot him from the side. Ryan was running, He was trying to get away, So it doesn't make a lot of sense. So again, we're still investigating. But as we do more and more investigation, it appears and the story does not jive with the facts and circumstances of the evidence.
Speaker 3: Did he do you have any illegal substances in his body?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I can't answer that. I asked, We asked for the corner's report and we got three sinces, so I can't. I can't answer that. And whether or not he did or did not, I don't think that has anything to do with whether or not the officer, would you know, have taken this unlawful shot.
Speaker 1: Lastly, when the officers pulled up into a condo project, I believe there's one way up, one way out. Uh, weren't there marked police cars present and officers in uniform present in uniform at the.
Speaker 3: Time your client was shot?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: There was?
Speaker 1: Okay, so your guy was Your guy was running away from police that were in uniform. I would assume someone's yelling stop, and someone yelled gun, gun, gun, and.
Speaker 2: Well we heard gun, gun gun. I don't know if I heard stop, we're still going.
Speaker 3: I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we heard gun gun, gun, and I believe that was the reason for the shot. I don't believe that the officer or the undercovered detective even saw the gun. He just heard another officer yo, gun gun gun, saw someone running and then took took shots.
Speaker 1: Well, I would point out again that the Cincinnati Police are saying that the suspect pulled a semi automatic handgun pointed at an officer, and I guess this. Some say that's not critical because you can't wait to be shot at or have a gun pointed at you to return fire. That the mere possession of the firearm by someone of fleeing felon puts the officers at a life at risk.
Speaker 3: But you disagree with that.
Speaker 2: I disagree. And they also said he was shot twice, that that was not the case. So you know, just all this investigation has not been handled correctly. And I even with regards to the corner, I thought it was suspicious as it relates to the corner was having a press conference. Then stop the press conference because the grand jury subpoenas and then had a press conference. And you know, we don't know what they are trying to hide. Was there a grand jury, what were the findings? I mean, this just doesn't none of this adds up.
Speaker 1: Michael, Right, what's your next step for the state of Ryan Hinton? What's your next step?
Speaker 2: Well, our next step is hopefully to receive all the information that we requested. Once we've done that, then we will make a decision as to our steps going forward.
Speaker 1: All right, Michael Wright of the Cochrane Law Firm, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. The investigation continues, and Michael, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Well, let's continue with more. There you have it, and it could be a he said, she said, And I don't know. You can look at the videotape a thousand times and it is so blurry you can't see what is or what is not in Ryan Hinton's hands. I can't see it, and I don't think the chief of police sees it. But the officer said it was there and in his mind it was a good shoot. We'll see what happens. Let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I want to set up the rest of today's big show, a big news conference at one o'clock with the Attorney General will be here about this proud sourcing website that's raised so far fifty thousand dollars. Fifty thousand dollars for the defense of Rodney Hinton, the father of the eighteen year old. And that's kind of sick and said, but it's the society in which we live today. Some of the comments are discussing online. And Sergeant Dan Hills be with us after one o'clock to talk about talk about that issue Tennessee.
Speaker 3: The case law is Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Versus Gardner, which is well known in law school, and I want to read to you the three or four sentences that matter when the police offers can use deadly force. Deadly force can only be used if an officer has probable cause to believe the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm. So you put yourself in the shoes of that plane's closed detectives part of a fugitive unit of CPD. And did he have reasonable cause to believe that the suspect posed a significant threat of death or serious physical harm. Any objective person would have to say not yes, They'd have to say hell yes, hell yes, because it was a life and death struggle. Now, the particulars these things are like cast rules, various ingredients go. And so whether he had the gun in his right hand at the time the fatal shot was fired by CPD is a factor, but is not this positive. Whether or not he was running toward the officer against the officer, away from the officer. That those are all part of the investigation. But how long would it have taken for the Ryan Hidton to instead of being a fleeing a follon, to become a murder of a police officer? What a quarter of a second? And so it was probably intemperate, and I use the term intemperate. Look Chief of Police Thiji is a good woman and she's been there a long time. She comes from a long distinguished family of police officers. And in retrospect, she probably should have waited as far as holding a news conference to stay the bullet went in the chest and came out the back. Because doctor Somarco said yesterday, well that's not exactly accurate. She didn't say it was an accurate She said this, these are my findings. I'm not going to say anything about the chief of police saying something different, which I fully understand. That the kill shots, so to speak, she described as being about four inches below the left armpit where a woman's sprawlstrap, that's the term she used, might be and shattered a rib, went through the heart and came out to sternum.
Speaker 3: That is, shall we say non survivable.
Speaker 1: Is that bullet was transvert traveling from the outside of the body to the sternum. We're talking maybe one hundredth of a second. That could have caused his body to turn and resulting in the second wound. Then ended up with a bullet lodged in the base of a skull in the back. Could have been but we're not short. We're never gonna know. The shots fired by the police, there were four or five. They were in very rapid succession. The one person in charge of the homicide of Ryan Hinton was Ryan Hinton. He made serious, terribly flawed decisions resulting in his own death. Number One, Stealing cars is a rough business. He's got a previous record for stealing cars, along with at least two of the other three. They're in the business of stealing cars. Talk to Benjamin Addison's family about how dangerous it is to steal cars, very dangerous. Secondly, this car was stolen in Edgewood, Kentucky, in Kenton County. That aspect is under investigation by Rob Sanders. Whose car was it? The tracking device? Was there a nine millimeter in the car that was stolen with the car? But whatever it is, Ryan Hinton was illegally possessing a handgun. You can't be under twenty one years old in Ohio and possess a handgun. And secondly, when you're a felon, he had felony convictions. I understand as a juvenile really can't possess a handgun. So all he had to do was what the other three had done, which is run like jack rabbits, run away. There was one person in that car that picked up a firearm and that was Ryan Hinton. There was one person that kept it in his possession for three or four quick steps away from the cops, and that was Ryan Hinton. There was one person who slipped and fell, causing the firearm to leave his body temporarily, and one person picked it up and that was Ry Hinton. And there was one person that ran between the metal dumpsters instead of the other direction to.
Speaker 3: Get away, and that was Ryan Hinton.
Speaker 1: It's a factor a little bit whether or not he had possession of the gun in his right hand. You just heard the attorney, mister Wright say it's uncertain whether he had the gun or not. And there's a gun picture right there. Maybe the gun fell from his hand when he was shot. And the video is blurry. You can watch it one hundred times and is so blurry you can't determine what was in his hand or not. And it was only from a distance of about twelve feet and the officer was running as heart was beating gun, gun, gun. The training kicked in and he responded one good thing. And I think Dan Hills may touch on this after one o'clock that here we sit on what May the twentieth, and these events took place on May the first, it's been almost three weeks. On Friday of last week, when I had on Connie Pillage, the county prosecutor, she said, there's nothing I've seen at this point that would indicate the police officer did anything criminally wrong. And that was as of four days ago, which was more than two weeks after the event, which means Connie Pillage and her staff and new prosecutor Hemlet County has gone over that videotape I would say five hundred times. And she knows all the evidence about the videotape and what it shows. She knows a lot more about the case than you and I know about right now, and she says she has seen nothing to indicate a criminal act took place by Cincinnati police. I'm hanging my hat on that hook that our new county prosecutor. By the way, I'm going to ask the Attorney General, David Yost with me in about twenty minutes. He's gonna, I'm sorry, in about an iron twenty minutes as to whether or not what is he thinks about the the quality of the work done by the Hemny County Prosecutor's office at this point, And based upon previous conversations I had with the Attorney General, I believe he's going to compliment Connie Pillage for what she's done in the case. And that comes from the Attorney General, who is always say is a very conservative Republican who's been a prosecutor in Delaware County like Joe Eaters or Missy Powers, and I think he's going to be somewhat complimentary of Connie Pillage, and I hope that's the case. Now, civilly is different than criminal. Criminal means beyond a reasonable doubt, which is maybe above ninety five percent. And there's no question in this case that, at least in the case of the father, Rodney Hinton, that he murdered Larry Henderson. There's no question. I'm told there's a videotape that sees him driving his vehicle into the body of Deputy Sheriff Henderson's a video, and of course there's a video of him being pulled out of the car and he's Somebody is suing in federal court alleging he was man handled improperly. But nonetheless that's a case down the road on the criminal but having on the civil aspects of this. With Michael Wright of the Cochrane Law Firm, they're going to hang their hat on the idea that the chief of police is on a different page than with the county corner. And that's Thiji did not lie. She was mistaken. A lie is when you know the truth to be different than the manner and manner of expression. She thought he was shot in the back, in the front, came out the back. She did not know, And of course the County corner knows exactly what happens, and that's what she came on yesterday to talk about. In retrospect, it would have been better for Thiji to wait a few more days to get some more facts, but there's a sense in city politics today get it all out quickly as you can, which can be a big mistake in this case. Whether he was shot, whether the kill shot was the first or second one, it doesn't make any difference because he was the person whose behavior calls his own death. And if we're gonna hold these CPD officers to a standard of behavior that puts their life at risk, it's going to be more and more difficult to get to get anyone to serve as a police officer. So this is to me, it's an important moment for Connie Pillage County prosecutor. There's always a federal aspect of these cases of civil rights, but that's unlikely to be pursued under the Trump administration. After all, after all this point, Joe Biden is not in charge. Of course, he's not been in charge of when he was the president. So this thing's going to develop. We're going to see what happens after one o'clock. At one o'clock today, I'm gonna have on Sergeant Dan Hills. He's going to take a few minutes from the side of the news conference. At two o'clock today, I'm gonna have on the Attorney General, David Yost, to talk about this case and see where we go from here. So it would be a sad moment in this county if the county prosecutor would take this case to grand jury and that officer was indicted for murder, that would be a sad day. And I do not think it will happen based upon not upon my private conversations with Connie Pillage, of which I've had none of only conversations I've had with her has been on the radio with you. And when she says I've seen nothing to indicate that a crime was committed by Cincinnati Police, she said that four days ago. That indicates to me the tip of the hat to the idea that I'm not going to second guess a police officer and a life and death situation in which he has to save his own life and the life of his fellow officers from a fleeing felon in possession of a nine millimeter gun with an extended magazine with the capability of firing twenty to twenty four shots. I'm also told that there was a round in the chamber. Put all that together, and you're thinking, you know what, I'm sorry, Ryan Hinton, but your behavior caused your own death. And stealing cars is not some innoculous misdemeanor act. Talk to Benjamin Addison, and there's too many thefts happening in vehicles today because they possess often the cars might have guns in them, or might have cash or credit cards or whatever.
Speaker 3: And so it's a sadness.
Speaker 1: And that's why city politics today is doing all these summer programs for the youth of Cincinnati to go roller skating and to go swimming, and to have these other basketball leagues, et cetera, in order to get those engaged in the process to maybe not commit crime. Very few of these kids that are involved whatsoever in criminal activity, the great majority or not. And the three kids who ran, I'm told all three had previous criminal records despite being eighteen or nineteen years old. I am told that Ryan Hinton, as a previous criminal record for similar misbehavior of stealing cars, should have been in school, should have been in high school, should have beens Community High School, but it was closed and he didn't take the time to enroll in one of the other ones. So away you go, and uh, stay tuned for more. At one oh seven today we're going to have on Sergeant Dan Hills to break it down. And then at two oh seven today we're going to have on the Attorney General David Yost. And Uh, I respect lawyers, and I respect what they do, and Michael Wright is considered to be one of the one of the best, and when it comes to civil lawsuits, et cetera. And I'm kind of waiting at some point. I would hope at some point the Mayor of Cincinnati have to have peerival will come forward and say, uh support Cincinnati Police, which he's done at a news conference about three weeks ago. But now that the facts have come out a little more, there's a few minor hooks to hang your hat on, such as did he actually possess the gun at the moment he was shot? And we may never know that because when you're shot, what do you do with something in your hands. You release him, You release the gun. So he could have had the gun in his possession. The officer could have seen the gun and shot him, or maybe he did not have the gun in his possession at the moment the bullet went into his heart and the officer perceived there was a weapon there because he just hurt his fellow officer shout gun, gun, gun. Either way, it's still a justified shooting either way, because he perceived reasonably there was probable cause to indicate that this person presented a risk of death or physical harm to him.
Speaker 3: Sell for the other officers.
Speaker 1: If a reasonable cop in that situation would have responded in that way, it's reasonable and he's off the hook, and then let the civil aspects continue civilly.
Speaker 3: At some point.
Speaker 1: I would not be surprised, as they've done in the past, that the City of Cincinnati will pay some money civilly to quiet this thing down, which they've done in years past. If that happens, it's on their nickel. It would be good to have leadership from the Mayor of Cincinnati in this regard to say, okay, all the facts are now known, which might not happen for another week. When I had on Somarco yesterday, you might recall she said it'll be at the end of this week, of the first and next week Memorial Day weekends coming up to get all the toxicology reports. And even those aren't terribly Germane, because that doesn't mean if you're smoking pot you should be shot or not shot. The critical moment is what a reasonable police officer, A reasonable cop in that circumstance, taken into account all the circumstances, would he have. Deadly force can only be used if an officer has probable cause to believe the suspect posts a significant threat of death or serious physical injury. He had a gun, he had zero point two five seconds to turn and shoot the gun. He had picked up the gun at least twice to use it. You don't pick it up not to use it. And I think any reasonable person would say, you know what, this is a justified shooting. Let's continue with more. After one o'clock today is Sergeant Dan Hills. After two o'clock today is the Attorney General David Yost and more. We'll see what happens. This is going to play out over the next to by the way, many many months, many many months down the road. And I think Mike Michael Wright from the Cochrane Law Firm is representing the civil interest of the estate of Ryan Hinton. He does not represent the criminal interest of the Hamlet County grand Jury and what they're going to do. And at some point I hope that Counnie Pillage does not present this case to the grand jury.
Speaker 3: She knows.
Speaker 1: She expressed it with me a few days ago on the radio that I have to firmly believe there's probable cause that this officer committed a murder to even present the case to the grand jury. And my personal view, this shall not even get that far. Let's continue if line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill Cunningham, The Great American Live, That's home of the Reds and so much more. He's Radio seven hundred WLW Bill cunning Him the Great American. As we speak, there's a news conference being held starting in a minute or two involving the Attorneys General, David Yost and also Dan Hills and many others in law enforcement take up the issue whether fifty thousand dollars should be raised for the shall we say, the murderer of a police officer, Deputy Sheriff Larry Henderson joining you nine now, is that same Dan Hills? And I know your time is short. I like to spend some time with you, first of all on the fundraising and secondly on some of the facts of the case. So according to media accounts, there's been fifty thousand dollars raised for Rodney Hinton Junior, the thirty eight year old father of Ryan Hinton, and there's been an effort to try to stop that from occurring. Some states of the sun of a Son of Sam law like New York State has you can't do this.
Speaker 3: Ohio doesn't have the law.
Speaker 1: First of all, give me your reaction to that, and then we'll get into the facts of this, of this, of this shooting.
Speaker 4: Well, let me give you my reaction by reading some of the comments along with the donations to give Sun go.
Speaker 5: Are you ready, Willy, yes, Rodnie.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry you're hiving to go through this while still morning marching protesting isn't helping. We really need to fight back as you did. Unfortunately, many people are not ready to make the ultimate sacrifice. Let me read that one part again. We really need to fight back as you did, calling calling for more people to have violence against polief. That's part of what this fundraising effort is doing. Ready for another one, Willie, Yep, yep. I am beyond this came along from from somebody identified themselves as Jojo with a fifty dollars donation. I am beyond out of you. Is my only wish that every black man defend his family in the manner in.
Speaker 5: Which you have. I'll keep you in prayer.
Speaker 4: How about that. I'm beyond proud of you. He's proud. He's proud of this, of this scumbag that killed a police officer, that killed a totally innocent police officer. It's my only wish that every black man defend his family in the manner which you have.
Speaker 3: You want another one, will he give it to me?
Speaker 4: Black power explanation point explanation points. The revolution has started again. Explanation points. A black man stood up for his son. Exclamation points. He did not lie down like so many others before him. He stood. It's a revolution, no more, no more, no more. And then here this one's quick. I'll do one last one, Willie, because this one's quick. Death to all pigs, death to all Nazis free Rodney Hinton Junior. That's what's going on the comments section of give fun go or give sendgo. I'm sorry, gives send goo. So that's that that that's that's what the these efforts are all about. It's about it's about calling for the death of police officers, calling for the death of death of police officers like like Larry Henderson. God bless him and God bless his family. And uh so, I don't know if you asked me if you wanted my reaction to that, I think it does. That says it all. What what? What? What do you think my.
Speaker 5: Reaction would be to that?
Speaker 1: Sergeant Dan Hills or signs up in the Hemmy County Court us and say one down, many to go. I would note that at a commencement address a couple of days ago, the governor of Minnesota, Governor Tim Waltz, who VP with Kamala Harris, said, compared the federal law enforcement to Gestapo and Nazis. Uh there's an effort by to stigmatize, objectify and to kill police. And those comments fit in that vein and it's sick and it's sad, and it's wrong. And Rodney Hinton is entitled to a defense. I guess he's going to claim mental difficulties in sanity and gri which is his right. Hopefully he'll get a good trial and a quick execution, which is unlikely because of the way things are with the death penalty today. But as we speak, the news conference is about to begin with you and David Yost.
Speaker 3: I want to get to you some other issue. What you said.
Speaker 1: I think ninety nine percent of us stand with you in your comments. The day after the shooting, the Chief of Police, Teresa Thiji, came out and said on in May the second that when the officers approached the stolen car, four suspects jumped out of the car and ran. One of the suspects pulled a semi automatic handgun pointed at the officer. That officer fired his weapon, hitting the suspect, and Chief of Police Thiji said the bullet went into the chest came out the back. It appears, based upon doctor Somarco forensic analysis ues the County Corner that the so called kill shot went in the left side laterally which is like under the armpit, and exited out the stardom, and that it appears factually the chief of police had some of the facts wrong about the bullet. She had said that he faced the officer and the bullet went and the chess came out the back. Factually, that's inaccurate. Is that critical to you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 3: And why?
Speaker 4: Well? No, Actually, I think that the leadership has kind of focused on the wrong thing. I think they should just go back and focus on the wall and Tennessee versus Gardner nineteen eighty five talks about fleeing suspects and the times in which that you can use deadly force is when they pose a substantial risk of death or serious physical harm to others. Now heard a little bit of your interview with their attorney.
Speaker 5: The Michael Right Hitton family.
Speaker 4: That turned Yeah, well, you know, I don't care what part of the torso he got hit in because Hinton Hinton wanted to use the gun. Hinton planned on using the gun. Will you let me say that again? Didn't planned on using the gun, didn't show the officers that he planned on using the gun. I heard you going back at that attorney a little bit about why does he pick it up to leave the car if he's just swinging because he had some dope or something in his pocket. A lot of times people leave the dough. But but why is it that he wants to make sure he has this gun. Because I'm going to say it again, he planned on using that gun. He showed the officers that he planned on using the gun. So wherever he gets shot in the torso lily right here, I got a note just so I make sure I got this right. Because you said you don't like good shoe bat You neither do. I spounded whether or not it's.
Speaker 5: Justified, justify well, and here's here's my note.
Speaker 4: My note says one hundred percent justified, one hundred percent. You cannot run from the police as a felon. And don't give me this stuff about playing clothes officers. He knew damn well he was being chased.
Speaker 5: By the police.
Speaker 4: Hid knew he's being chased by the police. He wanted to use the gun.
Speaker 5: He planned to use that gun.
Speaker 4: The officers lives were in danger. And just like the Landmark case, I got a little synopsis of the Landmark case. Even me forty years in law enforcement, I like to relook at these things. Poses a substantial risk of death or serious physic arm to themselves or another Willie, How long does it take for somebody to turn around and fire a shot?
Speaker 5: How long?
Speaker 3: Quarter of a second?
Speaker 4: Yes, he already stealing some of mice thunder a quarter of a second? Now is perception and reality always the exact same thing when we talk about video, even on a casual thing. If you and me take a walk through the park to have a discussion and eat a turkey sandwich, and we recall our experiences and what we saw, we'll see different things. Me and you will both see different things. And a video of my and your walk through the park is going to show us something a little different than what you and I recall.
Speaker 5: We said, I seem.
Speaker 4: Now put that under the extreme pressure of life and death. What's basically a combat situation. We don't like talking about combat when we're talking about there on our streets, but when you are facing somebody that has a gun, somebody back again, Hitting wanted to use that gun, Hitting planned on using that gun. The officers involved, we're in a combat type of situation. So if they felt or perceived that he was turning, maybe they saw something a twitch, a turn, a start of a turn that the video isn't going to let you see back to my note, Willie, my note one hundred percent justified. I don't know why the corner's going I'm sorry the prosecutors going through the effort she's going through. I think really good leadership on this would have been. You know, this is this is one hundred percent justified shooting everything we see. The longer they let this stew, the more people like Michael Wright are going to get out there, and the more people are going to be out there on on websites like what I just read to you. We all really fight back as you did. Unfortunately, many people are not ready to make that ulternate suckrifight. This is This is the type of crudg you get when when when leadership is in bold and leadership needs to say I don't care what part of the torso Hinton got shot in. Hinton was a threat to the police officers. He posed a most substantial risk of death or serious sysical harm to themselves or another. They were within their rights, they were part of their duty to stop that risk. He was he was in charge of the whole thing. Hitting was hitting made all the choices. He he was running around with a glock with a with an extended magazine. We don't have extended magazines to go shooting targets. He has an extended magazine to get in a shootout with whoever he's thinking about getting a shootout with. And that day he was ready to get in a shootout with the police. He wanted to use that gun. Will he he planning on using that gun right here, Tennessee versus Gardner poses a substantial risk of death or serious physical harm to themselves or other point two five seconds this this attorney can sit around all he wants in the in the in the in the comfort of his office or the comfort his home. That police officer was out there. He was point two seconds away from dying, point two seconds from not coming home to his family, point two seconds from his his his kids not having a father, point two five seconds from from the end of everything for for his existence. And that is that is what Tennessee Gardner says. That is one hundred percent justified shooting.
Speaker 5: And I'm really.
Speaker 4: Willy, I'm pissed off. I'm pissed off of this gift. Send gun go full and and I cannot believe that the leadership hasn't put this to bed already, there is there there, there is without doubt. Uh, somebody in the in this, in this in this county, or somebody's got to step up in the leadership role and say enough this this was one hundred percent justified shooting. We can sit there and look at the labor reports all day. What matters is what happened out there on the street and the perceptions of the officer, which are fair perceptions. We're not we're we're not. We're not talking about something that got dreamed up out of the blue. We're talking about a felon, a wanted fella, running with an extended magazine and keeps picking up the gun. He possessed every risk of physical harm. And and and at that point the officers had no choice. It was a training reaction at that point, Willie and and and a correct training response.
Speaker 1: Sergeant Danny, you bring up the about a turkey sandwich or a chicken salad. I think it would have been wise for Chief of Police Teresa Thiji to wait until more evidence came out. And they're going to hang their hat on the hook that the chief of police said he was shot from the the bullet exited out the back. You know, mortality is a different thing. The corner disagrees with the with the ship, with the chief of police, it might have been better to quiet this thing down, take some time to see what happens. But whether he and I had when I had on last meet some marco yesterday, I said, well, was it the first shot of the second shot? But one shot went into the left side of his forearm, went into a rib, went through the heart and came out to sternum. The second shot, she said, kind of went along the right lateral side and launched himself in the base of the base of the neck, just below the skin level, which wasn't a kill shot would have been quite painful. And the lawyer is saying, well, that's in the back. I said, well, she's not saying.
Speaker 4: My guess is is that initially when they saw the body and they saw that exit went up front, they thought that was that was the entry room, which would have been consistent, I believe with the statements of the officers, of the perceptions of the officers, which which again is absolutely in accordance with the science of how things happen that unfold so quickly and under so much stress and pressure. As life and death combat type of situation. So they believe that, but I think, you know, to your point, maybe maybe they should have waited a little honor and waited till what the corner's report said, because back in the end, it's what I started this part of the discussion with. It doesn't matter what part of the torso Hinton was shot in. It simply doesn't matter. He possessed the means to kill a policeman in a quarter of a second, and he showed that his intentions were nefarious. You don't keep running, you don't disobey orders, You don't do all those things with a glock with a big meg hanging out of it and not draw the attention of the police officer. Think you know what, I think this guy is about to try to kill me. He's gonna do everything he can to get away. He poses a threat to me. That's and again it's not even like a slow process of butot it's training tells me this is bad, and training makes you react.
Speaker 3: In fact, stand on this point.
Speaker 1: Gun gun gun, You heard that clearly in the tape. Gun gun gun. At that point the plane closed, detective pulled out his weapon and in his mind, gun, gun, gun, and he runs in between. The three of those kids ran off into the woods to the right. One of them twice picked up the gun, picked it up in the car, got out, dropped the gun, picked it up again. Why run with a gun? It would slow your eggs that it wouldn't. He got between the dumpsters, I think, to provide a firing position in order to kill as many as he could. When he came out the other side, that officer had less than one second. And if he perceived that there was a gun in his right hand because he heard gun, gun, gun, and it turns out the gun wasn't in his hand at that point. That still is a good shooter, shall I say? Justified shoot? Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Without doubt?
Speaker 4: It is not even a close call. It's we've done this to ourselves in society where we want everything to be perfect. We want stuff to be perfect on a video so where it's like, oh, even the unstrained can go all. I get it now. So you know, Willie, if you're a policeman, do you have to wait to be shot to fire back if your officer will No, you have to wait? Do you have to wait to be shot at? And the answer is no. And I'll even go to this next step. Do you have to wait to have the gun sights it's trained in between your eyes, you have to wait for that? No, you do not. And so this this this belief that we're being put out there because we're being too careful and we are hoping that the video and everything was exactly what the public needed. What the public needs is somebody to stand up honestly and say, look this, this Hinting created all the conditions. He created the conditions by being a wanted felon trying to escape the police, disobeying orders, and the biggie running around and kicking up a gun repeated time. This is why, this is why these officers became scared for their lives. They became concerned for their lives. They reacted in a trained method. Why did they do that because of the actions of Hinting. This is one hundred percent justified, and the prosecutor needs to say so yesterday, the day before yesterday. It needs to be out there now that this is a justified shot, one hundred percent justified. You why they're muddling around and thinking about it is a huge mistake. Through Republicans, a Democrat, all that crap out the window. You got to have a society that is civil and lawful. And to have a society at civil and muffil, you need to stand behind your police officers. And you definitely need to stand behind them when they're out there and they're facing people who will take their lives. And I think Hinton would have took that police officer's life, may have took multiple police officer's life if he wasn't stopped. Thank god he was stopped by the police officer there. And unfortunately we need a prosecutor that says it now, says it yesterday. And you know, I can't even talk about I can't even talk about what's going on that too much more about the fundraising.
Speaker 5: And stuff, and just discussing it makes my blood boil.
Speaker 1: Sergeant, we got to go. I have mister Attorney General coming on in about about an hour. We're going to deal with that. Also, thanks for coming in. I sense the heat. And we can't send out men and women in order to defend us from the criminal element without supporting them, especially in their hour of need. And then the Cincinnati police right now have have need to hear from law enforcement officials such as yourself, the prosecutor, the attorney general, et cetera, that we stand with you and not with the criminal element. And once again, Sergeant Dan Hills, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Sargent, thanks for having me. Will God bless you. Let's continue with more. You can sense the fire and the heat. We'll see what happens down the road. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: So I hadn't I hadn't at this point, you don't. I'm a pen I hadn't walked away from the idea that I may run for office again, if I ran again, if the running for pression and.
Speaker 5: And so.
Speaker 6: What was happening though when Boom died got amazed thirty eighteen, when in twenty fifteen and died twenty fifteen?
Speaker 3: Think it was twenty fifteen or you have much of the months of the videos. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: And what's happened in the meantime is that.
Speaker 3: As and.
Speaker 6: Shrump gets elected in November of twenty seventeen, sixteen, twenty sixteen. All right, so actually seventeen years that's when we left office in January. Jess Okay professional Trump Casfornia.
Speaker 3: And uh in seventeen Bow had passed.
Speaker 4: And uh.
Speaker 6: Oh hello.
Speaker 7: Wyatt nom Skokes, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Right, guys, say Joe Biden had eighteen more months in office after that interview in which he didn't know what years he was the vice president and the media.
Speaker 3: When did they? When did it? Who knew? And when did they know? They knew everything?
Speaker 1: But then they want to report it because it was good for the Republicans and good for Trump, So the mainstream media ignored it.
Speaker 3: Who was running the countree when he was messed ron Klain, He was an empty vessel.
Speaker 1: So whatever you wanted, doctor Jill, whatever judge you wanted, an appoint it, appoint the judge, whatever foreign policy, whatever you want to do, do it. Pass an ambassador through just signed the name for him. He had no clue. And we put up with that for at least two years and probably more like four years because the mainstream media refused to report the truth because they couldn't handle the truth. They thought it would help Donald Trumps in that.
Speaker 3: Movie A few a few good men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had a few good men in my time segment, and you're one of them.
Speaker 7: Will he the stuture Bord is a proud service every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Milford. Call right down the street as one Main Gallery and as Baker Heating at five one three, eight, three, one fifty one twenty four spots. I also want to thank Lear's Prime Market for our lunch today. Willie full Caterick Service de Luxe Delhi located right there at beautiful Downtowl Milford Lears p I'm at dot com Lear's Prime always a cut above.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought that up. Segment.
Speaker 1: There's a report now that Judson Hudson is engaged to Bill Belichick. She has a piece of rock in her hand looks like Home City ice.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Bill Belichick's family is not happy with this, his children and grandchildren, No kidding? How old is he seventy three?
Speaker 3: How old is how is her?
Speaker 1: Twenty four? But love segment will always find a way. I never you never answered the question what does he get out of the relationship? I know what she gets eight million dollars in a diamond ring. Well, what does he get out of the relationship? Red's update.
Speaker 7: Make it just fill in the fill in the blanks I think he does. Let's see make it five in a row for those Red legs. Will he break them up?
Speaker 3: Seven to one?
Speaker 7: Last night, Austin Hayes three hits to RBI's E L D C It's Elie de la Cruz to you and me. Two hits drove into Nicolodolo's six excellent innings a run on four hits, struck out seven, walk none or walked one.
Speaker 3: So the Reds are out up.
Speaker 7: Above twenty five and twenty four above five hundred. About that, Nick Martinez and Bailey Falter tonight in Game two, coverage begins at five forty Sports Talk RNAL carriers Inside Pitch and then the Kelsey Chevrolet ext Rating Show after the game.
Speaker 1: After the ag Robert Hurd did the report that he was a considerate old man that can't remember facts.
Speaker 3: You might recall Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: One after her, the Democratic Party went after Special Council saying, I dare you say that Joe Biden cannot solve a Rube's cube in about nine seconds and perform trigonometry equations blindfolded. I dare you to say that he can't beat Spock in three dimensional blindfolded fulcan chess?
Speaker 3: I dare you?
Speaker 1: And now many of those same Obama slash slash Kamala Harris types are now saying sorry Democrats.
Speaker 8: Especially whining and whimpering and bed wedding about how weak Joe Biden is, go back and look at what you were saying in the summer and the fall of twenty twenty two, how there was going to be a red wave. It never materialized because Biden is normal. There's craziness everywhere when people pick up the phone, so they go, oh my god, I'm so excited about him.
Speaker 3: Hope and change.
Speaker 8: It's morning in America, zippy dude, I mean no, No. What they do is they think, you know, he's all right, and then they go.
Speaker 3: Into the voting booth and they go.
Speaker 8: Normalcy, like America is America again.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrows, I'm sorry, Joe Scarborough, not Joe Burrow, says America is normal again with Kamala Harris and Joe Biden. According to Joe Scarborough aka Joe Burrow, he said, nut.
Speaker 7: Oda Pittsburgh too, Will you that somebody hit a line drive yesterday in batting practice and struck a pigeon. They thought he was dead or her or she or him or her, but apparently is still on life support.
Speaker 3: Whatever that pigeon is on life support?
Speaker 7: Where Randy Johnson hit and killed that seagull in a spring training game?
Speaker 1: And I often feel like a pigeon on life support. I feel like that Hunter Green will.
Speaker 7: Start Friday night at GABP against the Chicago Cubs. Is groin is feeling better? He was on the il since May ninth?
Speaker 1: What did Dave Lapham say about groins? A loose groin is a happy groin.
Speaker 7: A milestone for Philly slugger and Middletown zone. Kyle Schwarber last night smacked his three hundredth career home run in the ninth inning and the Phils went over the Rocks. Now we also want to say congratulations. The Big Ten Baseball Freshman of the Year is Indiana's own Jake Hanley.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 7: And Jake is mister Hanley's out of Mason, the home of the Comets.
Speaker 3: How about these numbers? Three thirty eight batting average like Andrew Ben, attending fourteen.
Speaker 7: Homers, fifty two RBI and seventy one hits. And we also want to say congratulations to Miami head coach Brian Smiley. He's the Mid American Baseball Coach of the Year and Cooper Katski is the Mid American Conference Pitcher of the Year. Also out of Miami U in beautiful Oxford.
Speaker 3: You're ignoring the Biden Rams. That's flag football. They'll be here Friday at one thirty. Oh. They beat Mountain, Notre Dame and Scott Rodgers, didn't they.
Speaker 7: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Joe Burrows spoke today riding at Topics. He say, Trey Hendrickson, hopefully he'll be back. He needs to get paid.
Speaker 3: Great player, I got it two women.
Speaker 7: He's upset about this schedule that they got to go. They got to play in Baltimore again on a holiday. He wants that done, and he wants that game moved to Cincinnati. And he also wants an international affair for the Bengals next year.
Speaker 3: Who does he think he is? Three? Well?
Speaker 7: He also talked about certain players might want to play in the preseason to get off to a better start in the regular season.
Speaker 1: How about him Bingo Sega. I have a report from the athletic Ktherine Rossman. Yes, Hudson has informed a girlfriend in her inner circle. Do you have an inner circle? Yeah, that she and Belichick are engaged to be married and they've set a date.
Speaker 3: Really think we'll get invited? No?
Speaker 1: Now, what does his kids and grandkids say about this relationship?
Speaker 7: Do you think where's the wedding going to be? Or is an undisclosed location.
Speaker 1: Hudson's father stoked the flames by going on a bizarre social media rant in which he shared a confidential email expressing Belichick's worries over the negative press related to his book, that this relationship with Judson has overshadowed the book.
Speaker 3: He's got a book, you know what.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 7: That's why she kept interrupting sixty minutes. I don't think he's going to be on that show anytime soon again. In a book, Bengals first round pick Shamar Stewart remains unsigned.
Speaker 3: Why and on the sidelines?
Speaker 7: Why is not practicing in the voluntary workout program? Why he won't practice to kill us until his contract situations gets resolved. There is dispute over the language in the contract.
Speaker 1: When Belichick was recently question is what kind of relationship do you have with Judson, Hudson or Hudson, He says, quote, She's been terrific in every way.
Speaker 3: Also Willie and the Sectionals.
Speaker 7: In high school baseball, the park speak reigned supreme over Riverview East fourteen to two.
Speaker 1: The park gave up a safety. According to Belichick, she's been helpful to me. She does the business things that don't really to North Carolina football to come up in my life so I can concentrate on coaching. And that's what I wanted to do. Let me focus on coaching, right, is that what she's doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I bet? I bet? Yeah, coaching? Yeah, please continue.
Speaker 7: Also welly, of course, the Indianapolis five hundred is now a sellout for Sunday, and it looks like it's going to be good weather. And but the big news out of Indianapolis today is that Oscar Meyer their fleet of wienermobiles are going to go head to head in a race.
Speaker 3: Is not the Wien of the world, await it.
Speaker 7: Six of their wienermobiles are going to go in a in a head to head race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Friday afternoon at two o'clock in the Wienie five hundred.
Speaker 1: The Wienie five hundred segment. The couple has been mutually supportive of each other's projects, as Hudson was spotted at attending a North Carolina football practice real passing notes to the coach, and Belichick cheered her on at a Miss Maine USA pageant when she came in third art wherever we are fourteen women?
Speaker 3: There's that number again? She finished third.
Speaker 1: She said, At times our relationship becomes awkward because of those who don't want us to be together.
Speaker 3: Do you want them to be together? No? I knew you do. What is what does he get out of it? It's what I don't understand. Let me write it down for you and I'll let you know what does she get out of it?
Speaker 4: So far?
Speaker 1: Eight million dollars. I'll write it down for you, plus this home city ice. The only way side penetration I think you get.
Speaker 7: The only way you can answer that question is if we're out of safe harbor.
Speaker 3: Well not to after ten. It was like eleven fifty nine. I think it's ten pm. Say maybe midnight. You don't take the test as off as I have.
Speaker 7: Maybe Kevin Gordon will give you the answer of those questions. Will he tonight on America's Truck.
Speaker 1: And Network, NBC Sports, NBC scoff if you will. But no story in the current football universe moves the you know, like a story regarding seventy three year old North Jhina coach Bill Belichick and his twenty four year old girlfriend Handler. She's a handler, yeah, Jordan Hudson, I bet she's a handful. You're diminishing her contribution segment, diminishing it.
Speaker 7: This is going right down disaster road. I can see it now.
Speaker 1: Let me read some more of the stories. How about a she's home city ice on her ring finger a block and the kids are not happy, No kid, they're wondering about the will now and the grandkids. Yeah, acording to this, he's worth one hundred million dollars, I guess. So there's been no public announcement of the engagement, but girlfriends reported date has been set later this year.
Speaker 3: Go to get married soon. Hell, he's seventy three years old.
Speaker 7: I've got to say he might. You know he had done have times taken away for him? Well, what's he going out of this one hundred and twenty years old? When the kid's in high school?
Speaker 1: Won't he in the nineties anyway? Maybe one hundred segment get me out? Love will find a way, don't diminie that love. We'll always find a way. That's a song I think give me out of the student's reporters. We celebrate Judson and we Belichick and Moore. Will he on this National Rescue Dog Day? That's what we did with the old ZOOMI and also Willie Happy birthday. The Ohio's first Lady, fran Fran de Wine is happy birthday. Don't say how old she is, Ohios first Lady. We have David Yos coming up in fifteen minutes the AG, but we should call Mike Dwine maybe in the next stooge, to offer our congratulations right on the birthday. I assume she's at least fifty years old.
Speaker 3: Is he buying the cake? Yes? Okay, she still owes me a cherry pie. Get it going. Let's call him sake? Will he? We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 8: I think he's better than he's ever been intellectually, analytically, because he's been around for fifty years.
Speaker 3: And you know, I don't know if people know this or not. Biden used to be a hothead.
Speaker 8: Sometimes that irishman would get in front of the reasoning.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you would say things he.
Speaker 5: Didn't want to say.
Speaker 3: This is and I don't really you know what.
Speaker 8: They don't really start your tape right now because I'm about to tell you the truth and that f you if you can't handle the truth.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, this very nice.
Speaker 8: Version of Biden intellectually, analytically is the best Biden ever, not a close second. And I've known him for years the presentskis have known him for fifty years. If it weren't the truth, I wouldn't say it.
Speaker 1: And you this guy, Joe Scarborough, NBC News, he's an idiot. Let's continue. Bill Cunningham, the Attorney General, next at your home of the reds Damn red Hot Joe Scarbo Red's Hot Jazz Jose Scarborough A News Radio seven hundred, What you ought to be.
Speaker 3: By Billy cunning in the Great American.
Speaker 1: About an hour ago, about one o'clock, David yoast, Our, Attorney General, told a news conference about what's happening in the so called Rodney Hinton Junior raising the money case which is raised between thirty and fifty thousand dollars at this point through social media. Of course, Rodney Hinton is the man charged with murdering Deputy Sheriff of Larry Henderson, honor about May the second and joining you and on now is that same Attorney General David Yoast And David, can you tell the American people about an hour ago what you announced here in Himlon County.
Speaker 5: Well, we're appewing to the conscience of this funding platform. It's not gofund me, it's one of their competitors. It's raising money for the guy that old Jeputy Henderson. I just think it's completely out of bounds. You know, everybody, So we don't want a censor, we don't want to judge. Okay, that's great. In most cases. This is clik cut. This is this is not an arguable position. I'd quote the founders of Google. Don't be evil, right, And this case is not a who done it?
Speaker 1: In fact, I'm told there's a videotape of actually the body of Larry Henderson being hit by a car driven by Rodney Hinton, and he was pulled out of the vehicle. I had on his attorney, Clyde Bennett, about a week or two ago. They're not now willing to concede that he was even driving the car that killed Larry Henderson, even though there's video of him being pulled out of the vehicle, pulled out of his vehicle that was a murder weapon. Now, is there anything legally the Attorney General can do? I understand the money's raised now, it's between thirty and fifty thousand dollars that's going up. I see some over Cincinnati to say one down, many to go. Is there anything the Attorney General can do to legally stop it?
Speaker 5: Well, we're researching that. We looked at the Son of Sam law. It doesn't really apply because that's a contract for telling your story. We're looking at some charitable law theories. But the bottom line is this probably is ripe for the General Assembly to talk about and pass law on. You know, it's very interesting. This started out on gofund me, and I haven't always been the biggest fan of gofund me. We had a couple of tussles back during the COVID era. But I'll tell you what, they've straightened up and are starting to fly right. They sent me a letter this morning or an email and they said, hey, Glad, that glad that you're on this. Rest assured. We've got an internal policy. See, you can't raise money for somebody accused of a violent crime, and so we have Several pages were put up for this Rodney Hinton Junior fellow, and our team caught it and we took them down and refunded the money. That's what we want this current site to do as well. Adopt that policy, send the money back to the donors. Don't be funding evil.
Speaker 1: At this point, according to media accounts, there has been fifty thousand dollars you raise to the Legal Defense Fund, which makes Clyde Bennett very happy. I would assume as far so you're saying that New York State has a law, but Ohio doesn't. So if someone wants to remove this kind of a platform, we don't want to give out the address. If they want to remove this kind of a platform, it would require legislation.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it's my understanding that your great representative, Cindy Abramsmith, since in that area a cop herself, is already looking at this. So I Sendy's a good legislator, and I expect I'll be supporting her efforts as far as penalties.
Speaker 1: We have a death penalty in Ohio that's completely dysfunctional because if you have a good governor. I think Mike DeWine's good governor, but he has a predilection against the death penalty, and he says we don't have the right availabilities of this drug or that drug. Well, the legislature could pass regular rules that say, okay, a firing squad or hanging or too much ventanyl could be used. Whatever it is. Is it frustrating as the Attorney General that we have a law in the books on the death penalty, even though it's being sought this time by Connie Pillage. And I think up to this point Connie Pillage is doing a pretty damn good job. That we don't have a functional death penalty for people like Rodney Hinton Jr.
Speaker 5: Well, the answer to that is, heck, yeah, you know, I've got to give some credit to Connie Pillage. I was concerned about how whether she was going to be one of these woke prosecutors, and she's been doing her job. I want to give credit where credits due. I appreciate the fact that she's treating this for the crime that it is. But you're right. Our system is broken. It's one of the reasons why I'm supporting the legislation to introduce nitrogen hypoxia as a method of capital punishment. In Ohio, we got plenty of nitrogen and not controlled by pharmacy country companies.
Speaker 9: Another thing, the President of the United States put out an executive order earlier this year telling the United States Justice Department to do everything it could to make its stockpile of lethal drugs available to the States for the purpose of capital honish Man, I've been a communication with General Bondi's office and we're hoping that by.
Speaker 5: Sometime Midsummer perhaps they will have worked out across the t's and dotted the lower case jays and we'll be able to see that start flowing. Of course, we still have a governor, as you mentioned, that would prefer not to set an execution date.
Speaker 1: Now, lastly, I want to probe your mind, as the former prosecutor of the Attorney General in this case, it appears despite these statements of the Chief of police who said the day after the shooting, the bullet that so called kill shot went into the chest and came out the back. Wait I had on yesterday the coroner doctor Alaskmi Somarco, who said the bullet entered a little bit below the armpit on the left side and exited the sternum. And it appears that Ryan Hinton, the eighteen year old with the gun, was not pointing it at the cops at the moment the shot was fired, despite the comments that it was his perception that there was a gun pointed at him. He had a split second as is. Ryan Hinton exited the dumpsters to make a quick decision. His fellow officers were yelling gun, gun, gun, and see came out running at breakneck speed in between two dumpsters. He took two or three steps and was shot on the left side and not in the back, not in the front, but on the left side. And assuming for the sake of argument, that Ryan Hinton was not pointing the nine millimeter with an extended meg at the moment he was shot, is that a critical fact and whether or not it was a justified shooting.
Speaker 5: I don't think so, but it would depend on what other facts were there, as all of the facts that add up to proof the reasonable doubt or reasonable doubt of the defense lawyer. But look, it takes two tenths of the second, maybe if you've got the gun in your hand to point it somewhere, demanding that level of fine decision making. We're already making decisions that are asking our cops to make decisions on the spot in real time, with high high pressure and high stakes. This is literally split seconds. And I think you've got a gun in your hand when you're being told to stop. I think that's probably under current law. That is, the fact that it wasn't directly pointed at you doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: What are we going to do?
Speaker 5: Then? If they pointed at you, but it's you know, not quite right, their aim isn't quite right, then that's enough that it wasn't deliberate. Now, no, no, no, If you've got a gun on you and the police are chasing you, the only thing to do stop, put your hands in here, do not touch the gun. That's the only way to handle this. I hope people can learn to live again by common sense. These armshare lawyers that are parsing evidence it's only partially complete, hasn't been a bit of a court of law, are stirring up the community and candidly making a very difficult and tragic situation even worse.
Speaker 1: No question, we can't send up men and women with all their training and making split second decisions and not standing behind them if they all the facts writing immediately at that moment, and he perceived his life was in jeopardy because of this assailant with a firearm, the his fellow officers yelling gun, gun, gun. He picked up the car, picked up the gun from the car, he dropped it, picked it up again, with the intent, I would sayest of using it. And this is one of those things that I pray to God that the prosecutor doesn't present us to the grand jury in Hamley County in waiting for an indictment of murder of a police office by where the police officer would be a defendant. To me, that would be a bridge too far. And like you, I join in saning, Connie Pillach at this point, this may hurt her politically, but when you have the Attorney General of Ohio and the great Americans saying she's doing good work, maybe that's going to hurt her politically, but damn it, it's the truth.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I certainly don't mean to harm a prosecutor.
Speaker 1: So all right, we got to run well. Once again, thanks for coming on picking up the pieces of your news conference about an hour ago, and once again at mister Attorney General, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, David, Thank you, sir, God bless.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more Reds Baseball kicks off at five point forty at your home of the Reds and of course and the Pirates. The Reds are one now one about five straight A news radio seven hundred Wow.
Speaker 3: We owe these truths to be self evident. Oh man, whom were creative by go you know the you know the thing? Hello, Biet and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 4: Rock.
Speaker 3: You're kind of in the sports news business. Is that fair to say? Yes?
Speaker 1: According to your friend Jake Tapper, one of your close buddies at CNN, yes, he said, this morning, I watch everything, so you don't have to that. This book's been researched now for about a year, begin about a year and a half ago with a concept. So for the past year, a newsman has been developing news while working every day at CNN as a newsman. And he said that I've held this story for the last year and a half to write a book. Is that a problem.
Speaker 10: Possibly yes, because his yes, his job is a news for the truth in the news. But he did that in writing a book, but not in his actual job, which is being a host on CNN.
Speaker 3: So isn't that like I've got to peddle the narrative? Of course? Second, and how low is it that this guy spent his.
Speaker 10: Entire last two years covering up and their sound bite after sound bite.
Speaker 3: That's the thing.
Speaker 10: It's not usible. It's not hard to find anymore. Just one after another. He's in the best shape of his life, and he's on top of things, and he's sharp as attack, and then all the while you're writing a book.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 1: Well, the one claim that he could defeat Spock in three dimensional Vulcan chests blindfolded. I thought that was might have been a bridge too far. I'm not sure could he have beaten Spock in his prime? Three dimensional.
Speaker 3: Doctor? I mean doctor Spotty? How about him, Benjamin? I mean Spock? I don't think. What about Star Trek? What about that guy?
Speaker 1: Could does he solve like mathematical formulas that are unknown?
Speaker 3: I'm not on his best day.
Speaker 1: Well, according to Jake Tapper, he had this story for a year. What where would he work?
Speaker 3: But is that not shameful?
Speaker 4: The guy.
Speaker 10: He can buy a he can make money off of a book, I hope. So now it's okay to tell the truth. This is Is this a bigger scandal than water?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta be somebody of this century.
Speaker 1: It's far and away number one and those co conspirators. How about Kamala Harris, after the debate in which in June twenty fourth, Biden couldn't put two sentences together, said, you know, he had a bad day whatever, but this is I meet him. I'm the last person in the room, she said, Kamala, cackling Kama, and I'm there when the big decisions are made. I know everything, and all of a sudden she know nothing about his mental decline or his prostate difficulties.
Speaker 10: Huh no, because if you speak the truth in that party, they'll they'll cut you off at the knees.
Speaker 1: How about CNN, the Clinton News Network News?
Speaker 3: This could have been the scoop of the century, baby, Yes, well we saw it.
Speaker 10: It had been the other guy, it would have they would have been twenty four to seven, non stop, round the call. And the American people deserve our democracy is the last thing standing and we can't the whole deal.
Speaker 1: How about your buddy Van Jones yesterday on CNN saying this is a stain on the republic that the news media and we Democrats did not objectively cover an important story. I'm going is he putting himself blame? Yes, he said, I said, I'm gonna blame too. He he's the whisperer of Barack Husain Obama. Van Jones, who got a one hundred million dollars from Zuckerberg, said yesterday this is a stain on the republic, and then they CNN, well, we're paying a guy here for news.
Speaker 3: He's not telling you the news. He's writing a book a year and a half later to tell you. The boss of the CN know the truth. Jeff zucker knew what was going on and didn't knew it and didn't.
Speaker 10: So there were as guilty as Van Jones? Or is this all of them? Why trust the million? Do you trust the media? Say you told me you doing us? You trust CNN, don't you know?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Secondly, Judson, we got let's get to Jordan Hudson down.
Speaker 3: Let's get the topic a topic A.
Speaker 1: I got that picture here of the of the home City ice block, that Bill Belichick gone out down on his knees and asked Jordan to marry him.
Speaker 3: Did he get back up? This is the real thing. Reportedly they are engaged. Well, that's what it says here in NBC News.
Speaker 1: Can we trust them, No, But nonetheless here's the story. The football universe has been shocked by story that seventy three on North Colinic coach Bill Belichick has become engaged with twenty four year old girlfriend and handler Jordan Hudson, that she displays a home city ice block on her ring face.
Speaker 10: Have they got any comments from the family, the daughters, the son.
Speaker 1: According to The Boston Globe, they're concerned.
Speaker 10: You think, because now that bad boys getting split up five ways mill Yes, Oh my god, I'm reading the story.
Speaker 1: She's total least one person she's met her soulmate, that age is not a factor, and that the more people attack Bill, the more the closer we become.
Speaker 10: I read a story that all the up and ups in the northeast there that he runs around with, they're all kinds of pissed off too, because she necessarily fitting in the social circle of the rising.
Speaker 1: Yeah with Robert about Robert Kraft ye, he's just still getting those massages from Asian.
Speaker 3: Segment. You know anything about that?
Speaker 10: No, I bet now he is going. Now we have a bet on this. We got a bet and I said he is going. He's not going to coach, and I'll tell you the reason why he's going to. You're right for this. Just announced you n C has sold out all twenty thousand season tickets this year. They increased the price by twenty five percent and still sold all them out. So the man still sells. He brings people to the arena. He will coach for North Carolina this year, despite Jordan Hudson or inium is she Are.
Speaker 3: They there to see Jordan or Bill? They just want to see the circus. That's all work. They'll get the green you have you North Carolina game. I've put in for it the opener, Well you interview Jordan Hudson.
Speaker 10: They'll put see they'll put Jen Latta on that or they'll put Laura Ruttledge on that one.
Speaker 3: She'll should be walking over her ring finger in front of her nose. Take a look. Yeah, boom, they've set a date. According You've got your answer right here.
Speaker 1: I got the ring, I got the money, I got everything, oh seg Yeah, are you a sportsman or not? Would you reporting important stories it was? Or wait to get paid for it a year and a half later by Tony Bender, What would you do?
Speaker 3: Let me think about that a second.
Speaker 7: Will he the Spiritu reporters and Proud Service every local Tame Star Heating in their conditioning dealers Tame Star quality you can feel in beautiful Western hills called Durbin Heating and Cooling at five one, three, five nine, eight eighty four forty nine, or go to Durbin Heating.
Speaker 3: And Cooling dot com.
Speaker 1: Let's go a stool sports and are stool sports okay? Bellachuck and Hudson are reportedly engaged me Mary, dates have been set.
Speaker 3: There's the ring. Look at that? Have you seen the ring? Look at that? Are we sureed us?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: AI?
Speaker 10: Driven? Because that's an old picture. AI think that's a one thousand percent. That's an old picture. It's a size of research. Think so you don't have to. She will get every picture against my will. That is a right there, say I look at it. Look at her fingers segment, look at that finger. I get right, it's blinding me. Well you got that from Home City Ice huh.
Speaker 3: Love will find a way.
Speaker 10: Maybe they will be happy for the next twenty five years. Sake, Who are you to judge? He'll be one hundred years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it'll be in high school. There'll be one hundred and she wants to have babies. What if you have an eighteen year old he'll be like ninety four? Now that would that? I mean, it was just the whole thing blows up.
Speaker 10: Then if it comes out that she's pregnant, that would be the best.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, a little billy.
Speaker 1: What does he get from hers? What we talked about this? You know the answer about this.
Speaker 10: It's a certain part of the female anatomy that is undefeated, untied on the quart upon and his.
Speaker 3: Excid Yep, ain't that the true LEP's got it? Go ahead?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, the Reds look to make it six in a row tonight as they meet the Pirates. Nick Martinez and Bailey Falter coverage against five forty sports talk RN carriers Inside Pitch.
Speaker 3: New York Times is.
Speaker 1: A story on it now too, about the engagement and who's coming to the party.
Speaker 3: Well you, if invited, would you go? Of course? Se heck? Yeah, oh yeah, it's gonna be a heck of a birthday.
Speaker 2: Ton A.
Speaker 3: Have a gender reveal party too, if she's pregnant. Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Raading Show after the game gender reveal.
Speaker 10: I remember it was about eight years ago you said a gender reveal party was something much different than what.
Speaker 3: It is, and now it's.
Speaker 4: To you.
Speaker 3: I don't even know anyway.
Speaker 7: A hundred Green's gonna start Friday against the Cubs.
Speaker 3: He's coming off the.
Speaker 1: I L He said, put down in your pipe and smoke of those who criticized my relationship with my miss Maine and thirty.
Speaker 3: He comes out and he wins seven or eight games forgotten. He gets into college playoffs. Oh oh, they haven't easy schedule.
Speaker 10: They don't play Miami, don't play, don't plays.
Speaker 1: Maybe you would know, haven't they not won an ACC championship since the Truman administration something like that. He was a close friend of Bill Berber.
Speaker 3: They have, They have a.
Speaker 10: Manageable schedule, manageambently. Their quarterback is actually I think it's Geo Lopez. He's a transfer from South Alabama, Yes.
Speaker 3: Segment South Alabama.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, we say congrats today to Miami head coach Brian Smiley. The mid American Conference Baseball Coach of the Year. Cooper Katski is the MAC Pitcher of the Year out of Miami. Also, we say congrats today the Big Ten Baseball Freshman of the Year at A Mason the home of the Transmitter, Jake Hanley snakehand three thirty eight batting average, fourteen homers, fifty two RBI.
Speaker 1: How about this, Jordan Hudson is demanding editorial control over a successful, long running TV franchise, some NFL films, and she wants intellectual property rights. The Hard Knocks was scheduled to go there and pay the university, him and everybody a bunch of money. She said, no, I want to Basically the writer first Refugal wants I want to be able to control what has said what is it?
Speaker 3: And they said no, Nope. She wants to tell the NFL. Yeah, what to do from the school, dude.
Speaker 1: School of cosmetology of the NFL will tell her what to do.
Speaker 3: You're from where? No, we're not NFL.
Speaker 10: No, She's got to wake up every day and pinch herself, like God, two years ago, where was I?
Speaker 3: But what is she getting out of it?
Speaker 7: Bengals Update brought to you by Good spirits and party town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Joe Burrow spoke Today's feeling good, Looking good. He said he's all in favor of Trey Hendrickson getting paid and there may be some changes about him playing and other players in the preseason to get off to a better start.
Speaker 5: Rock.
Speaker 3: Your reaction to this.
Speaker 10: Well, we talked about this. Zach Tayler said, we got to get off to a better start, which is they're gonna chan be true. So that means you can't just talk about it. Must change, win the pair, must change how you his first two games, you got to win those and then they got the gauntlet after the.
Speaker 7: List right here list Shamar Stewart remains unsigned. There's it's continued dispute over language in the contract. What kind of language I don't know, Kenny, Kenny, I mean English.
Speaker 1: You picked the Bengals, You got the Bengals to win the first two games season, and you got the Bengals winning. They have like two ties on there, two ties and overtime. I got two ties on the schedule. If I get those two, that'll be it there. It is wrong keeping this Rock for the got mine here right here, you picked the Bengals seven. I got him eleven and six all the way to the Bowl seventeen. And oh that's right, punning NBC News. She appears to be a control freak of the highest order, coming off as a future wife. Have your future husband's back. Who's never had the backing of those close to him? Is that true? Belichick had the backing of those close to him? Was he ever married?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was married. It's kids. Then he had the girlfriend for a while, and then.
Speaker 1: Oh he got the defensive coordinator. He's got grandkids, I assume, right, yeah, but now he finds true love.
Speaker 3: He's taking them this longe. That's the other thing.
Speaker 10: As I've said, people are worried about that he just took this job just to get his son off on the right foot and get him a spot as a decordinator.
Speaker 1: She told a girlfriend what was once Lady Macbeth becomes Juliette looking out for her Romeo Bill Belichick starring as Romeo.
Speaker 10: But do you think behind the scenes like he goes like, listen, I got went down.
Speaker 3: We need you to kind of fade off into the.
Speaker 1: Background, Bill Belichick, And you're the school of cosmetology.
Speaker 3: You know, it's just scard.
Speaker 4: Let me be a.
Speaker 3: Finished doesn't enjoy the ride. Enjoy the ride, but you ain't got to be meddling everything. She finished third in the Miss Main contest. I ought to tell you something, she said. It's a true partnership. Fourth place was a transgender, wasn't it transgender? You can't say that. Yeah, you can't say that. Thanks a lot, Dare. I'm gonna hit the dump button.
Speaker 10: She said, You're not very good at that.
Speaker 1: That's a good one right there. Now, that was very good Rock, Thank you. This is a true partnership and both personal and business. I'm getting them changed.
Speaker 5: That was awkward.
Speaker 3: I'm changing the subject right now. They as the damn thing. Look at it there? If I hit the dump button? What would happen? Do we explode? Nothing? Nothing to me, I'm closer to it.
Speaker 1: Donald, I'm afraid touching something bad le happened literally clearly, this is a true partnership for business and pleasure. Yeah, she says, what does he get out of it?
Speaker 3: Anyway? What do you got coming on? We have penetration.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we have Mike Allen Junior right out of the gate talking about the Supreme Court decision allowing Trump to revote the protective status of the Venezuelans.
Speaker 3: Not well covered by the media. Think about it.
Speaker 10: And also he's going after a birthright citizenship that has to do with the fourteenth Amendment. We'll talk to Mike Allen Junior about that. I have my thoughts and that. At four o'clock we have Macmarannie who's he's a polypcy guy, but he's also a professor, going to talk about the use of AI in academia and AI kind of a everyone does it right A brands from a story I saw.
Speaker 3: Get this.
Speaker 10: This is a I don't know if it was the Chicago Tribune, but a Chicago newspaper. The editor published a list of the top fifteen summer reads. Some of the books you should read, and like ten of them work were fake. So what he had done was he went to AI and and you know, hit the little microphone and said, you know, what are the top fifteen books to read?
Speaker 3: And it just spit out. He didn't do any research. Talk to the law rock.
Speaker 1: I bet the little rock right now is using AI to do his book reports. I think it's pretty much college kids. Is that eighty ninety percent is all AI?
Speaker 10: But but at what point it raises a bigger issue, like, at what point is it your work? At what point do you you know? Does anybody value it? If if you just asked it a question and the computer generated it, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But what about let me.
Speaker 10: Ask you this, you two sake? What about a book? I mean they can AI can write books right now? Can can can write songs? Would you like and appreciate a book that.
Speaker 3: Was written by Ai? No? I wouldn't.
Speaker 10: Yes, you think you're getting the story from an experience author?
Speaker 3: Do you read book?
Speaker 5: Can you?
Speaker 3: Can you read?
Speaker 1: No? Well Man sent me a text saying you can't read? Is that true? I'd say, I don't. I don't respond to ignorant. There's that number again. Fourteen segment, Get me out of the STOOSI report.
Speaker 3: Well you an honor of National Rescue Dog Day, in honor of the Zumi, and happy birthday to Ohio's first Lady brand.
Speaker 10: Is it National Rescue Dog Day or National Dog Rescue Day?
Speaker 3: Those are two different things. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 4: Always good to be with you, Bill, see you later.
Speaker 1: And the first Lady of Ohio Today, she's fifty six years old. Is that correct that I don't know on seven hundred WULW