Speaker 1: For the nine first oneing Wether forecast.
Speaker 2: We have a well partly cloudy start of the day to be mostly sunny later today thirty four for the hind on to twenty three overnight clouds for the most part. Tomorrow a windy day as well with a high forty two down to twenty overnight with a wintery mix, and Thursday sunny sky is high at twenty seven twenty one degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update. Chuck Ingram from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: You see how White Boss Center off first comprehensive obesity care and advanced sergic coal expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 1: It's nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Crews continue to work with them.
Speaker 3: Reck west bound seventy four is ramp to northbound two seventy five, but the.
Speaker 1: Coal rings split.
Speaker 3: I'm not seeing a huge delay to get by. King remains blocked between Writing and Burnett due to the early morning accident at Harvey. Chuck Ingram on fifty five care seen the talk station.
Speaker 2: It is a thirty to fifty five KCD talks day Tuesdays at this time, I mean it is time for the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Retired retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis providing thoughtful and insightful analysis about well feel the battlefields and the various battlefields we discussed every week, and today we're back to Russia, Ukraine, we'll talk a little Belarus as well as Georgia. Daniel Davis, Always a pleasure to have you on my program, my friend, Good to see you again.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure to be here, Brian. So we have saboteurs in Russia.
Speaker 4: We've we've had saboteurs really all over the place. There's been a lot of this stuff going on for quite some time in Russia. There's a growing amount of saboteurs in Europe as well. They're starting to real concerned about that. Honestly, it's it's it's warfare, and it takes all the different places, from the front lines of the battle, to the diplomatic calls and to the the economic in the in the various places where war material are made.
Speaker 1: So this is certainly no surprise, and it's just another ugly part of war.
Speaker 2: It is, and I try to start off normally on more in eligent basis. The springboard to enter into our conversations. But I just was observing during this whole discussion we've had weeks and now years, I guess about the Russia Ukraine situation. Russia typically is presented as or at least appears to have sort of a unified front. It's people are all behind Vladimir Putin. Everybody's on his side. You know, they've got the troops, they've got the the the armaments, and they're making inroads in the Ukraine. Ukraine's divide to Ukraine's filled with a bunch of Russians. You don't want to be a part of Ukraine. All they're trying to do is liberate. I mean, yeah, it's the fog of war. We talk about it a lot, but didn't realize that Putin himself was having problems domestically, which I can't say that I'm disappointed about. I'm no fan of Vladimir Putin, even I know he's probably gonna end up winning this war with Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, he is going to end up winning it. I mean, the fundamentals are really irreversible. They're so far in Russia's favor, and the biggest issue is manpower. Ukraine is suffering by Ukrainian reports, reports up to one hundred thousand desertions. When that number is just skyrocketing.
Speaker 1: You just can't. I fought like that didn't have any chance to win.
Speaker 4: But I'd be careful a little bit about some of these reports coming out of Rush about dissent or whatnot, because it's comparatively small. We'll see if it develops into anything, but I honestly think it's going to be too little, too late, and it's unclear just how widespread it actually is.
Speaker 2: Well it seems, and I'm not sure if the election of Donald Trump had an impact on this, but I hear Zelonsky now talking about maybe some sort of negotiating a peace deal. I see that maybe there was a seasfire negotiating between Israel and Lebanon. I mean, is Trump gonna be? Is Trump consequential in these seemingly like baby steps toward can I don't know if I dare use the word peace in this conversation, but some sort of settlement agreements or some resolution of these conflicts.
Speaker 4: Without question, there was a major major impact on the Russia Ukraine war, far more than anything in Israel. They'll all talk about that separately. The issue with the Ukraine side is that buzz Valinski Vlodimer Zelensky is doing everything he can to try to avoid the Trump effect. I mean, he still wants weapons, he still wants all these things. He's trying to get people still, even in this eleventh hour, to try to give him more weapons and more ammunition so he can have a better negotiating position. But then when in this sky News interview you're talking about here a few days back, when you listen to him, he still doesn't want to give up anything. He still says, well, it's illegal for me to give up any territory for peace, but we're going to have to for you know, to get the hot phase over.
Speaker 1: But then we'll get it back.
Speaker 4: Later as long as we have NATO. That's the reason why Russia went to war in the first place. So that's a complete non starter. So look, Trump is coming in and he has unequivocally said he's going to end the fighting.
Speaker 1: He's not going to keep supporting it.
Speaker 4: So I think that Zelensky should probably recognize what's happening and move into a direction that makes some sense, because the one he's going is not going to work.
Speaker 2: Well, and let's go back to the point you made early on and I read the same information. The desertion level in the Ukrainian forces is really high. And you can have all the weapons in the world laying around, but if you have somebody to use them, it's not going to do you witsworth a good. It's become some big ammo dump that the com putin's going to come in and take advantage of himself when he runs over the territory.
Speaker 4: Well, and you know when there was another really peculiar thing he said in the interviewed. So remember in the context here back in May, we finally passed that sixty one billion dollar deal that everybody at the time said was decisive and was going to make a difference or whatever.
Speaker 1: We didn't see it make any difference at all.
Speaker 4: But now then that Biden is trying to get those last i think eight billion dollars out the door before January twentieth, you know, to just surge the zone. As Jake Sullivan said in an interview, you had Zelensky saying, we have ten brigades and we've been trying for a year to get them outfitted, and we've only got two and a half. So then the question is where did all that money go and what did it Bob, Because you're telling me you have seven and a half brigades with no equipment, and you don't have enough people, and they're deserting, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Everywhere you look. This thing has just fallen apart.
Speaker 2: Well, I think most of my listening audiences aware that Ukraine and not exactly the most upright country in terms of, you know, lack of corruption.
Speaker 1: It has been a long time problem with corruption.
Speaker 2: Goes back to you know, Biden withholding a billion dollars of aid because well they had a little problem there with the prosecutors in Barisima holdings interesting connection there. So it doesn't shock me that maybe some of the resources we've sent to that country have gone missing. We can't even do our own accounting of our own American military here with our own resources dead. Well, there's true, yeah, we can't. Even the Pentagon has never passed to an audience. So I don't know why we think Ukraine's going to be able to but you see on the battlefield that it has an impact.
Speaker 1: Yes it does.
Speaker 2: And unless say, we haven't talked about the situation in Israel, for a while, so let's get your an update on your current position relatives. I know it looks like Lebanon might be settling down a little bit, and there's always breaches of the ceasefire agreements, but where are we vise of the Lebanon Israel and I guess guys as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a couple of different factors in some positive, some not so positive.
Speaker 1: For Israel.
Speaker 4: You got to admit and can see that the militarily they have been really devastating to the entire Hezbola organization from the top all the way down to that pager and walkie talkie attack. The decapitation of all the leadership and then the physical incursion there has had an absolute devastating effect on Hisbola and that was one of the reasons why.
Speaker 1: They agreed to the ceasefire.
Speaker 4: Israel agreed to the ceas far because they were having real problems with casualties and their reserve forces have been on duty so long. I think we're into the fourteenth now, heading toward the fifteenth month of overall conflict and they need a breather as well. But then you also see that Iran had been promising after the last year Israeli attacked that they would retaliate and responding kind. But now then they were the first ones to get behind the ceasefire against Hezbola, so they're also licking their wounds. So Bosstom line is it's kind of put a lull on things and give people a chance to breathe. But the problem is none of the underlying conditions that led to war in the first place or even being addressed. And you have this whole problem still raging in Gaza. So you know, we're not out of the woods yet, but there is at least a breather on a couple of fronts. And before we part company, Daniel Davis and I always enjoy these conversations. I would jump over back to Russia. I've read reports that there haven't been a problem with their currency. The ruble is not doing real well. And if the backbone of your system of government, obviously the ruble is collapsing, that causes you real long term problems and even short term problems. Is there any truth or connection with what's going on in terms of the the war situation, the relationship with the Iranians or anybody else over there that the ruble is causing or impacting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has spiked of late.
Speaker 4: It also spiked in the first part of the war, like really really high, and of course that's when everybody first thought the sanctions we're going to have their crippling effect.
Speaker 1: And then their you know, their.
Speaker 4: Institutions, their financial institutions took action at the government level and brought it back.
Speaker 1: Down to a stable area. Now it's seeing another spiked.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit surprising in that it's coming, you know, a month or so after month and a half now after the Bricks meeting, which was to solidify their economic base or so it's it's still a little early to see if this is a blip or if it's going to be an indication of something more serious, because if it keeps going in that direction, it will cause ripple effects across their entire economy. But of course they're going to do whatever they can to try and get that back under control. We'll have to wait and see whether they succeed or whether this is just an indicator of more trouble to come.
Speaker 2: Well, our popcorn will stay out meantime. I'll look forward to another discussion next Tuesday. Deep Dive with Daniel Davis. Find him online Dan to Day with deep dive search for the podcast. You're gonna love what he has to say. I always enjoy our conversations, my friend, and already looking forward to another one next week. You have a great week, say thirty nine. If you have krc DE talk station, we're gonna talk blood cancer. We're gonna talk a blood cancer coming up with the OHC folks and got some really really of course, it's always positive information coming from OHC about treatments, so excuse me. My next guest, doctor Akash mccarjee will be speaking about that, giving us some details on how the new treatments are going to be working for solid tumors. Got car tea you talk about. We got byte therapy as well. Don't go away, that's up next.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio Station. A horrific