Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle really looking forward to the five o'clock hour when KT has a comprehensive, in depth analysis of the history of one of the greatest sketches in SNL history. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Kat's birthday is today. His mother's maiden name is Henderson. His favorite food is potatoes. The name of his first pet is Gilly. His first grade teacher's name was Missus Myers. On the street he grew up on was edgemir Lane. Kevin Turner's social Security number is three six one four two, five zero seven. You gotta guess the last number. Katie's birthday is today.
Speaker 3: Listen, you were brought to you about the dark Web, all right, really look at him over there.
Speaker 1: The great thing about that song is it's all answers to passwords when you're trying to break in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and none of those are true, None of those are right.
Speaker 4: No, of course you would say that, Yeah, all right, Well, this old security number was spot on.
Speaker 3: It's happy birthday, dude. When's your birthday today? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, well well eight fourteen pm, so okay, well, uh we we kind of like you sometimes and instead of doing the today game.
Speaker 1: The whole idea is like, let's not do the today game. Come on, there's so many people to celebrate.
Speaker 5: We want to celebrate you though. This is your day. And uh, just for the record, was there anyone who overlooking? Was there any great things that happened on this day?
Speaker 3: It was all trashed? It all trash.
Speaker 1: You know, you're there's a bunch that are like, I didn't even look at Valentine.
Speaker 3: Maybe Valentine electric six.
Speaker 5: You're young enough that your birth was probably captured on video.
Speaker 3: Do you ever go back and watch the video? Yeah, I've just been digitizing it. Yeah, digitizing it yea, and alphabetizing that after you digitize it. Yeah, headphones on and glasses reading a book.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. Look through that window. I see her, Chris, Yeah, Hi, she has put in work. Dude, I don't like this. She's put in a lot of work, Like this is going. Do you want to run this, Christina?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can run it and not that much work. So I just went through and got all of the incredible audio of you KT see.
Speaker 3: I feel like we should make this about the audience. The audience really wants to know whose birthday it is today? You know what TV show came and it's you.
Speaker 6: So we're gonna start. One fun thing we do here with this audio is we find bloopers, basically is what I call them. Right, and here is kat with I believe the first blooper of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: But I want you guys to think back to the year twenty twenty four. What is the best meal you had in that year? I think I know the restaurant. You guys might all three say I'm not sure. But when I say I'm gonna go three two one, go where I put the word go, I want you to say the best meal you has named the restaurant last year?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know the place, but I don't know what it was. Okay, then say that that will get confusing. I know what I'm gonna say. Christina, do you know what you're gonna say?
Speaker 6: Nope, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 5: Okay, best meal you had in all of twenty twenty four? Three two one and kitchen?
Speaker 3: What did you say, Kevin? You made a sandwich? What'd you say? I hate a sandwich? Once I didn't get what we were doing there, and I get it. Now, what did you say? No? The reason I ask is yes, this segment has brought you by Andrews. What'd you think it was happening there, Kevin, We're doing show Man. We are doing the show. You guys get one gal doing the show. I was going to segue into that.
Speaker 5: I was going to segue into that, but Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen presents this segment.
Speaker 4: It was the clear answer, and I didn't pick up on that at the time.
Speaker 6: It's just so funny, how quick you're like your face right after me.
Speaker 3: And Skimbo said it. Oh what did you say? I thank some sandwich place in Italy. I don know the name of down the street in the alley, a gas station or something.
Speaker 6: Oh god, okay, well, this next clip is about a year old. My roommate actually requested this clip because he quotes it quite a bit. So this is Kat's acting audition tape.
Speaker 4: I was just telling you I took no theater and would have if I would have been ridiculed for it in the hometown that I'm from, and I would be a beast of an actor. And I just because I know how to play it to the camera, I know how to feel out a moment, and I know when the audience is in the palm of my hands. Wanted to crush them, wanted to elevate them better, how to send them on the right of their lives.
Speaker 3: We have a tremendous actor. I also can't get hard.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's so many great things about that, but number one is that nobody else is talking. So I just imagine kat get in into a mirror saying all that to himself.
Speaker 3: I thought you saying it to a director monologue his way into a game.
Speaker 6: The crush them part, Oh god, I say that quite a bit with Spielberg's ass.
Speaker 1: The first thing that a movie actor doesn't want to do is be aware of the camera. And his first reason he'd be a good actor is because he plays to the camera.
Speaker 4: In the movies that I would want to be a part of, we'd be breaking down the fourth.
Speaker 3: Wall, you know, just like Ferrish Mueller.
Speaker 6: This next clip here, I selfishly added this because it was just a ridiculous question, and you answered it so quickly and it made me laugh pretty hard.
Speaker 3: So at what kind of a dog would you be? Me a half Corgi, half Australian shepherd?
Speaker 6: He said so fast often.
Speaker 3: How often do you think about it, Kevin at once a month. I always think of you as a pug. No, I'm not a pub I think he's a French bulldog.
Speaker 1: No, he's always always got saliva dripping down his John.
Speaker 3: Dude, I'm cuter than that.
Speaker 5: He's always sniffing butts and humping legs.
Speaker 3: Like Christina Chicken laughing there A little bit just caught me off guard.
Speaker 6: How fast you answered that, And it wasn't just one breed half a dumb question. All right, let's go. I have two clips of stories that Kat just felt like sharing randomly, So we're gonna start with the Phil Hartman one first.
Speaker 3: Can I go back to Phil Hartman for a minute. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everyone in SNL says that guy was insane because he was talented, straight man, funny on his own. But they're like, if you tried to go like, do lines with him, not cocaine, read lines like he was always reading some thousand page book on philosophy or something. He's a weird guy, and I just always loved That'll be able to let that go.
Speaker 3: Man, You did that in a top five market. Who cares? I could do it in.
Speaker 4: Topeka ain't no hair off my chest, buddy.
Speaker 3: We went back in the segment. I'll do it in Colorado Springs. Should we keep going?
Speaker 1: I don't want to be alive anymore?
Speaker 3: Take it to Franklin, Tennessee, Jim, I've gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, Phil, that's a good context to know that he went back in the Today game to get that story in there.
Speaker 3: Man had moved on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember where I was going with that Phil Hartman story.
Speaker 3: Well respected man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, top five market. All right, let's see if it's any better than your Henry Winkler story.
Speaker 4: Oh can I give you one more Henry Winkler moment though? That changed my life for the better. The movie water Boy, he's going he's the coach, so he's trying to just tell you know, Kathy Bates, look, you need to let Bobby Bouchet play foosball.
Speaker 3: Okay. So he walks out.
Speaker 4: The door and he looks at him Sandler, and he goes, let me tell you something that I learned what mama don't know won't hurt her. And then he pulls down his pants and shows off a Roy Orbison tattoo on his butt cheek, So basically saying you can still play football.
Speaker 3: Mama didn't have to know about it.
Speaker 4: But he walks to the door and he's got Roy a silhouette of Roy Orbison's face on his ass, and it's just so good and I'll, you know what, I could do five more minutes on it?
Speaker 3: What else is on the Today Game?
Speaker 6: Ben?
Speaker 3: Keep that dropping?
Speaker 6: We're all just staring at you. I canutes if you want, I.
Speaker 3: Can see that drop between every nominee.
Speaker 1: The other thing we're learning is that man, kat really struggles during the Today Game a bit moving forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay, Man, that's okay, dude. Are you having a good birthday so far? About to get even better? Katy?
Speaker 6: Do you guys remember the Joe the McDonald's guy. Do you do you remember interviewing that guy while yes on remote.
Speaker 3: Fantasy Football payoff or something like that.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, there was some golden audio that happened with kat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And this is the next clip right here.
Speaker 5: So did the McDonald's employees know you were doing a bit?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: I didn't tell them, And in the booth I was sitting in was out of their out of their views, so they didn't really know what was going on.
Speaker 3: Did your friends come by and hang out with you.
Speaker 7: I'm originally from New Jersey, so most of my you know, my buddies were on the other side of the country. I had one friend who was trying to come, and he drove from San Diego to LA and the hilarity of how terrible the traffic is out here. It took him five hours to get to me, so he showed up for the final hour.
Speaker 3: God, it sounds like he lost a bet. He was there to resuscitate you.
Speaker 5: Ah man, that laugh is one of my favorite things that's ever happened.
Speaker 3: Long's gonna last.
Speaker 1: I'm at it like like someone tickled you there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: That was a good mood, probably because that was at Chuck tah Yeah, so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 6: Okay, now I have two clips of some classic audio here. Let's go with the Sassy Hines.
Speaker 3: What's the matchup? Honey number thirteen, ketchup number twenty. Honey, give me, honey, Honey, give me honey. We've already got to ketchup representation in this thing. It's the wrong thing. It's the wrong ketchup. What ketchup do you want it to be?
Speaker 8: Hind so seductively, dude, that was theiest, most consuctive thing I've ever seen in your mind?
Speaker 3: If I recreate that, yes, no, no, I wouldn't. What ketchup? Do you want it to be? Hans Honey goes great on Soapa Pia's.
Speaker 1: Job getting us back on t here. Yeah, thank you, and I agree with your assessment. It is so good that we're always having.
Speaker 6: And then who could forget when KT spilt whiskey on his computer back during the pandemic.
Speaker 3: That's all over the laptop.
Speaker 6: I knew that was going to happen.
Speaker 9: Oh struggling, Oh no, what happens live? Oh no, it's all over. Just keep me the end of this laptop. Oh this is disappointing. Paper towels that you need in these times too.
Speaker 3: Oh please air dry?
Speaker 4: Oh this sucks.
Speaker 3: My computer is starting to act up. You can hear it. I could go off at any time. Guys, this is bad. I can hear it's starting to go it's starting to make noises. Oh god, it's not liking it.
Speaker 1: For a minute.
Speaker 3: So we were watching that live at our house. My kids were watching it with us. That was, you know, five years ago.
Speaker 1: So my kids are a lot younger, I mean, their teenagers, early teens, and they're like, what is happening to KT right now?
Speaker 3: Like they're genuinely engagement farming.
Speaker 6: And then I have so many inspirational quotes from you that I'll use at the end of the show. I decided to put them all together in a song. So Happy Birthday, KT.
Speaker 4: My tongue on a Texas twinkie. Let's just keep our ears to the ground and to se who.
Speaker 3: We can come up with at all.
Speaker 4: No one's dead. I mean someone died today. Some guy's ever mint it right? They strong out their world. Did you know that butterflies? They studied them across the Atlantic Ocean only took eight days.
Speaker 3: Thank people who know how to code. I think they can do some stuff. I am what to do?
Speaker 4: Is you know I want to meet I'm just letting you know, starting tomorrow and start coming into work with the mindset of a champion.
Speaker 3: The poon is a bit of a mystery. Your job, go home, enjoy your night, turn around, do it again. Die. That's light. Well, I would like some good local New Year's Eve coverage like we used to have in the past. We used to own the New Year in this town. Maybe you've lost a step, need a little more energy.
Speaker 4: The low T center is something you should maybe try out.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is not promised, so for today I want to win. Well, that'll do it for this one.
Speaker 4: Officials say a fight started.
Speaker 3: That is between two groups of people.
Speaker 4: I'm glad it's two groups of people, and like two groups of vegetables are produce.
Speaker 3: It's your dairy versus your fruit.
Speaker 1: All right, stop the music, Christina.
Speaker 3: I don't know anymore. It's changed so much, has it? At Dan Pyramid they changed things on as quick on this world. So enjoy you every minute while you have it. The main way give up. That was wow. Happy birthday, Ken, thank you. It's incredble all right.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Kevin the Birthday Boy takes us to an exhaustive deep dive into the history of one of the greatest sketches in SNL history.
Speaker 3: That's next right here on the Eagle