Speaker 1: Here we go, here we go, come home, come out, come on.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon. I know ladies and gentlemen, pee ride right, Okay, here we go, lock and load for a tattooesday. Wakey, wakey, hands off those cup cakes.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be dealing with this pesky rain all week. We got fifty percent chances of scattered understorms. Today hi have eighty four and again we'll even talking about it every day this week, I believe. Okay, let's talk about some of the things on the show today. Fresh out of bad Head, your Head challenge, love it. Paul in the hall one time going for one number two, like we might have to call him early Chile. I don't think he still believes that he won yesterday. It was a funny game, though. It was a good game for a Monday. A one hundred dollars CCS pizza gift card Homeroom. You're getting that today on the Fun Fact Flashback, Alice Cooper out on the road with Judas Priest, October twenty six.
Speaker 2: Woodland's Pavilion. I've got tickets for you coming.
Speaker 1: Your way at around seven to twenty Corrosion of conformity love them. They're opening up. We're gonna play Chicks versus Dude. Sorry to be so binary on the show today, but we're gonna do chicks versus dudes. One gale, one guy taking on each other to win those struts.
Speaker 2: Dirty Honey tickets.
Speaker 1: That's at seven to twenty Alternative Income at nine ten, three eleven. Meet the guys in three eleven for their show at the sevene and three Music Hall. Chili put that in on know the show.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get after it.
Speaker 1: We are gonna be busy this morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Alex.
Speaker 1: What are Houston's headlines? We'll go morning ride, Good morning, Home Room.
Speaker 3: Pope fran What's just passed away yesterday at the age of eighty eight, and the official death certificate list his cause of death as stroke and heart failure. His health has had declined in recent months, including a hospital stay for double pneumonia. The Vatican immediately began preparations for his funeral and the election of a new pope. His body will lie in state at Saint Peter's Basilica starting tomorrow, with the funeral expected later this week. President Donald Trump said yesterday that he and First Lady Milania Trump will attend for funeral. A conclave to elect Pope Francis's successor is scheduled to start between May sixth and May twelfth. A career law enforcement officer and current Harris County deputy was injured yesterday following a shooting with an armed suspect in downtown Houston. Deputy Sheila Jones with Harris County Precinct One was shot in the upper shoulder area. The shoot happened about twelve twenty pm after reports of a man with a weapon walking around the courthouse complex. The suspect was also shot and taken to the hospital. The you know of the officers, okay, okay, good. Today is Earth Day and according to a new report, the average American experiences forty eight days.
Speaker 1: Of eco guilt.
Speaker 3: Is what they're calling in is that, Well, it's basically just when you feel bad about not being Earth friendly.
Speaker 1: I don't have that. I don't. You don't have a bad person, I guess.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I want the Earth to be around, but I don't have that. I don't have any guilt at all throwing things in the wrong bin. If you're if y'all offer a bin.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be able to use the bin. So sorry, I don't have a recycling bin. They didn't give me one. I'm not gonna buy one.
Speaker 1: You go to the airport, you go to throw something away. There's six things to choose from, Like, what are you doing to me right now?
Speaker 3: I don't feel guilt, Tell me put bottles here? But can do I will do that. But if I do not have that option, it's going in the trash. That's how it works. So if you break it down, that's four times a month that people allegedly feel this eco guilt, or once a week. Thirty one percent of people say they feel guilty about wasting food, twenty nine percent feel guilty about trashing items could have been recycled, and twenty seven percent feel guilty about leaving the TV on.
Speaker 2: When they aren't watching it. I am very guilty of that.
Speaker 3: But Weezy has to have something on the background, right Oh, that's if I had to put an animal plan on.
Speaker 1: She's got to have somebody to entertainer.
Speaker 3: Over fifty percent of people say that they're more likely to do something that isn't environmentally friendly when they're rushed or stressed, like not recycling avoiding single use plastics and bringing reusable bags, bottles or containers went out shopping.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy to think about it, but.
Speaker 3: Up until now, members of the Academy were not required to watch every single OSCAR nominated film before voting. No wonder it was always so stupid. We were like, you watched one movie and just mail it in.
Speaker 1: That's why I wanted you to do this story today. I didn't know that was a thing. It's pretty ridiculous.
Speaker 3: That's finally going to change for next year's ninety eight thoughsters and only took up ninety eight tries to get it right. A new rule requires voting members to watch all nominated movies in each category, but it doesn't mention how the members are going to prove that they've done it, so they're probably still not going to that.
Speaker 1: They're just going to be told. But they get set screeners, they get all that stuff. Should have to watch that.
Speaker 3: The Academy also made a statement on ai in film, saying that it will quote neither help nor harm the chances of achieving a nomination. That next to Oscars is going to take place Sunday, March fifteenth, twenty twenty six. With Conan O'Brien returning as host. The Chain Smokers crashed a frat party in Arizona, but only thirteen minutes into their set, the cops showed up and threatened to start arresting anyone who was underage, and a clip they posted to their Instagram, the Chainsmokers said that they paid the fine in order to keep playing for another fifteen minutes. They did not say what the fine was or what college they were at, But that's kind of cool to just be like, were at a party the Chain Smokers here?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, but those are using headlines.
Speaker 2: Oh day, what a game last night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Astros got a win. They shut out the Blue Jays seven and nothing. Hunter Downtown Brown gibbos two hits over seven solid innings of work. It was his third consecutive start without giving up a run. Ashers are gonna play the Blue Jays again tonight. Blanco will be in the mount for the Strows, going up against Toronto's Chris Bassett.
Speaker 1: First pitches at seven ten.
Speaker 3: You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety in News Radio seven KTRH. Last night in the NBA playoffs. The Pistons got by the Knicks, and the Clippers beat the Nuggets. Tonight at six, we get the Pacers playing the Bucks. At six thirty, its thundertaking on the Grizzlies. At nine, the Lakers will face the Timberwolves. You can watch those games on NBA TV and TNT and hockey and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Last night, the Capitols got by the Canadians and ot Ov scored the Alexandrivechkins scored the game winner. Jets topped the Blues, Stars beat the Avalanche in overtime, and the Kings got past the Oilers. Tonight at five, it's Hurricanes hosting the Devils. At six thirty, the Maple Leafs take on the Senators. At seven thirty, the Lightning will face the Panthers. In at ten, the Golden Knights played the wild You can watch those games on ESPN and ESPN two.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in score. All right, let's go four hours of pain. Let's get this thing under way. We're gonna be very very busy this morning. Uh if you want the first phone call, come get it seven one three, two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio. It's this one. Here we go ninety four to five, the buzz breaking Benjamin and never again Rod Ryan's show, Just doing it again and again and again and again. The alarm goes off, You get up, do a little stretch, get the crud out of the corners of your eyes, and then you go off to work and do it. That's what we do every morning.
Speaker 2: Here, we do it together.
Speaker 1: We call it home room. And thanks for being up early with us. Although I don't see anybody on the phones here. Are we not doing a first phone call today? Maybe chill is buddy, I'll see what we call it? Why not?
Speaker 2: I don't know what did you say?
Speaker 1: Yes, say you said something dumb? I said nothing that you did. I said nothing, said something? Don't about the pope? And then I was being helpful. People are even well also tweeting me like Alex, what are your thoughts on these rumored popes? Yeah, you were talking about people from the Arizona card As possibly being considered to be the next pope. I think we should have an actual bird cardinal. I hope you're happy with those statements, because now not one person is calling this radio show. Good job.
Speaker 3: Probably listening waiting to hear us announce the next Ope.
Speaker 1: Let me teach. You're always learning, me too, but you are always learning. The goal is to say things on the radio that keeps people calling and listening. I think they're listening. They just like, I don't know how to respond to this, not to go the other way. We'll see if we can get a first phone call here. We are gonna be talking about rain the next couple of days. There's gonna be some pesky showers today. Fifty percent chance of showers, thunderstorms, possible highes of around eighty four today. Man, we were supposed to do a concert announcement of Sourts, a comedian, and we got stripped from.
Speaker 2: Us for some reason.
Speaker 1: They tell no, can't do that. Jeremy. Jeremy's going to do it. I don't think he's announcing until after ten now, But that's okay. We'll have tickets for you later on in the week.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: One time in the hall, Paul. What a game yesterday.
Speaker 1: He's going for win number two, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. We got that game coming up at around six twenty. I got a one hundred dollars CC's pizza gift card man. I don't remember the last time we played chicks versus dudes. We're gonna do that at the eight o'clock. We're closer to eight twenty one. Dude, one chick squaring off against one another. The dudes get chick questions, the chick gets dude questions for struts, dirty honey tickets.
Speaker 2: Eight twenty the facing off of that.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, now every phone line is ringing.
Speaker 5: It's that time for the.
Speaker 1: First mount call of the day. Kaylin, good morning, good morning. I got a beg for phone calls in the morning. Now, that's that's what my life has become, twenty one years into.
Speaker 2: This gig here.
Speaker 1: I just sat in the car this morning and you said, nobody.
Speaker 6: Called, and me and my daughter were like, we're calling right now.
Speaker 1: But before you dialed, you or maybe your daughter look at you, and they said, listen to this pathetic guy on the radio. We should maybe shoot him a bone, shoot him a little bone, let him know that there's this at least we're listening this morning. What's your daughter's name, Kaitlyn Dallas?
Speaker 2: Hey Dallas, how.
Speaker 1: Are you guys? Are you off to school? Yes?
Speaker 2: Hi Dallas?
Speaker 1: How old. Are you. I'm so happy you called. You know, I kind of felt like that guy that was throwing a party and I was standing in my living room and no one was there, and I thought, oh my god, like, no one's coming to my party. When I when I looked at the phones over here, nobody was calling, Dallas. I was feeling lonely until you call it. Thank you.
Speaker 7: They're welcome.
Speaker 1: What grade are you in?
Speaker 8: Grade?
Speaker 1: Third grade? Okay?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite subject in school?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Are you more of a math? Do you like reading? Do you like the history? Yeah, okay, listen, you're gonna go far. Maybe you're gonna be up in space soon. Oh yeah, keep going with that, Keep going with that math. It's very hot right now. Ladies going to space. Maybe you'll be there, Maybe you'll be up there soon. Well listen, listen, Dallas and Kaylin, you made my day. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, have an awesome day. I gotta take a break already. I mean, jeezus, all these calls. Look at the time on the flip of this Braake got a reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh Out of Bed The Buzz Rock and I'll tear it Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The buzz Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: You know oil and gas. Greg reminded me to wear my I See you next Tuesday Birthday shirt. Remember we talked about online? Did I wear it today? No? Come on, Happy Earth Day? Everybody. Fifty chance of scattered thunderstorms, high of eighty four today.
Speaker 2: What you got trending over there?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Earth Day is trending. He's talking about it. Everyone's feeling that eco guilt. No, well me, but if you are, I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Pedro Pascal Pascal is trending well.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 3: If they're talking about him in the Last of Us. I don't know if you caught up on Last of Us. I haven't started watching yet, but.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I really enjoyed that first season. It didn't seem like something that I would like, and I loved it. Maybe because of him, of him, maybe that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Ye and then Pope Francis continues to trend people talking about they released his cause of death.
Speaker 2: They're setting up a funeral.
Speaker 1: Trump's going.
Speaker 3: People are still paying their respects to Pope Francis, and that is what's trending on.
Speaker 1: That I provided was are we getting into Shannon Sharp at all today? We can?
Speaker 3: I saw that and I saw a weird Kanye story that is going too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weird chiny story. It's kind of every kin story. Yeah. I tend to prefer to kind of stay away for the Kanye stuff. I don't want to give him any light. Yeah, it's just he sewed off the rails right now you have any of training left. But the Shannon Sharp story, we'll get into it. Okay, bring the champion. It's Paul. Somebody call him. I don't think he remembers him winning yesterday. He really is like did I just win that day? Good morning, home booms. This is Paul.
Speaker 3: You're fresh out of bed.
Speaker 1: Head to head one day, champion.
Speaker 9: Taken down, three time Hall of Famers, double oh seven Sean Connery and two questions to answers.
Speaker 1: It was nothing. Join me on Tuesday as I make it win number two because all right, seven, one, three, If you think you can beat him from day, we don't need your attitude. We have one of our runs.
Speaker 2: The Ryan show on.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's go, everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Happy tattoosday everyone, Happy birthday. The Earth has decided at least that our parts here to give us some scattered thunderstorms today. About a fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Chance I of eighty four. Let's play a game, and now.
Speaker 1: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners. Paul, good morning, brother.
Speaker 2: Hey, you won yesterday.
Speaker 6: You won.
Speaker 1: Realized you won yesterday the whole time we were talking to you after the game and the speech, You're like, what what? What was it like? I don't know if you passed out during the game. I had to tell you you won. Dude, you won. Come on.
Speaker 6: I think it was just so quick, That's what it was.
Speaker 1: It went very quick.
Speaker 2: It was two questions to answers.
Speaker 1: Do that again, all right, everybody else moving forward, only use two questions.
Speaker 3: Take it on.
Speaker 1: Cody, Hello, Cody, good morning, Hello man. It's been a couple of years since you played. Chili said, yes, sir, well bro.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Have you had any success with this game when you played? One answer?
Speaker 2: Okay, I did.
Speaker 1: Say any success so that is success. You You got one question right one time. Yeah, okay, Well let's get two questions right today and let's kick Paul's ass. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Chili's got a Rod Ryan show t shirt going to the winner. Nothing's changed, Cody, I don't know. And has it been a couple of years? A long time? Hold on? Yeah? About two years? Okay, dude, good to have you back on. So I'm going to read some questions here. It's still Jill and her husband supplying these questions right now, Brian, Brian's got a husband's got a name. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Here we go, Cody and Paul, what you're listening for? Question number one? From what animal do we primarily get? Cody? Paul? A cow? That was a good guess. I think you were thinking milk, Cody. From what animal do we primarily get wool? From?
Speaker 2: Cody?
Speaker 1: Yes? Man, I M m hmmm. Cody on the board. Welcome back to the game, Cody, just do that again. Question number two, Cody and Paul, what sticky we treat made with Graham Crackers? Chocolate?
Speaker 2: Cody s'mores? Good game, Cody, we got.
Speaker 1: A new champion. Paul, you're a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 10: Yep, I just.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to see it on that secondment. No no, no, no, no, no, yeah no, Adam will pull you over for sure. What sticky gooey treat he's like, I'm not saying my name yet, made with Graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows, is often eaten when camping some mores. Cody, with the two questions to answers, hasn't played in a couple of years. Takes out one time in the hall Paul, Paul one pump jump Yep, all right, I hope, so, I hope. So Hey Cody, Yes, sir, that's the sweet taste of victory in your mouth right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what that is.
Speaker 1: I know you're not used to it, maybe never, but that is the sweet, sweet taste of victory, and it is yours.
Speaker 2: You've got a Rod Ryan Show T shirt.
Speaker 1: And here is my formal invitation for you to come and join us and play tomorrow. You want to do that, heyah, sir, I'm gonnavite you on for the next four games, four days. Okay, let's do it. Nice game.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the bus come.
Speaker 2: On ninety four or five, the buzz Litch and my own worst end of me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: That's Alex right there, that's Chili. He's got one of the boxes.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at everybody on Facebook live right now and on our YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Guys, hit us up on YouTube our.
Speaker 1: YouTube channel at rod Ryan's Show, Facebook, at rod Ryan's Show. You can watch the video. You can even see how he's kind of bouncing around on the studio. He's getting ready to do his thing. Mister Captain Cash is here in studio with us fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today high of eighty four. We have a new champion, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning every body. This is Tody. You're fresh out of bed one day head to head champion. All right, the sweet face of victory right is right. Join me on Wednesday as I make it win.
Speaker 2: Number two pitches.
Speaker 1: Paul All, Paul All, what are you gonna do with that guy? What are you gonna do with that? Nobody knows? Okay, let's schizophrenic. What about have for you? Oh? Look at that CC's pizza gift card coming up, one hundred dollars gift card.
Speaker 3: But first, it's the fuck back to the day we make you look smart in front of her buddies.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 2: All right, it brought us some fun fat for you guys.
Speaker 1: Did you hell? Did you hear the one about the founder of TIMEX watches how he picked the name? Can we talk about that? I don't remember that one. So many fun facts, so many years together. Yes, the founder of TIMEX watches. He picked the name in honor of his dad because his father loved reading Time magazine and using kleenex time x. Now you know that the term anorexia I have never ever been accused of being an erected? Why is that? Hell? Why have you never said that about him? Geez? Just throw it at me once you didn't like. The term anorexia was created by a British doctor in the eighteen hundreds named Sir William Gull Well, Rod, that's not very fun. Just the guy came up with a term.
Speaker 2: Most theories out there.
Speaker 1: Point to him being Jack the Ripper. That is fun.
Speaker 2: Oh you like the ripper part?
Speaker 1: Oh? Now you see weirdos. Yeah that the funfact should have stood on its own, but as soon as it got into the Ripper, you were into it. The human body is continually renewing itself. About three hundred and thirty billion cells are replaced every day, which is only about one percent of our cells. Within eighty to one hundred days, thirty trillion cells will have been replenished, enough to generate a whole new person. Happen, Yeah, but it's probably coming. It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in.
Speaker 2: Front of your bodies.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that's to the day. Okay, more facts about the Ripper noted, noted. All right, here's what I have for you today, a one hundred dollars Ce's Pizza gift card. CC's Tops in Bacon Pizza is back for a limited time with its cheese sauce base top with crispy tops and tasty bacon. Find it on the buffet at your local CCS or order online at CCS dot com. It's your fun all right, Here we go. When we learned yesterday? Oh? The first ever comic book convention was in New York in nineteen sixty four. Who was the very first person to buy a ticket seven one three two one two.
Speaker 2: Five nine four five. It's now time for.
Speaker 1: Rockout with your stock out with captain cash.
Speaker 2: Okay, money, honey, how'd you do yesterday?
Speaker 9: Not such fun facts here? Yeah, the dad was down nine hundred and seventy one points. Kick off this morning at thirty eight non Nastak lost four hundred and fifteen where at fifteen thousand and eight seventy bench more ten year treasuries trading at a four point four to two percent and oil stands at sixty four dollars fourteen cents of barrow two.
Speaker 1: The most actives of the big studs there was one on.
Speaker 9: The dow was Nike. The big duds United Health, Sales, Sports, and Navidia. The economic calendar this morning is all clear, but futures they are on the upside. Hang on to this will be a positive.
Speaker 1: Opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm out here. This is Howland manage.
Speaker 9: A director with Ramony James put it for the right Ryan Show from Aramony James on Sam Flip and Augusta, don't forget the oys, rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 5: Famian's expressed are those of Holland and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmison. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to are This program is for educational and informational services on leak. The studs and duds are based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Young Finance ninety four to five The Buzz Welcome back, right, Ryan Show, what are we doing?
Speaker 8: Fun back?
Speaker 1: All right? Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone. Good morning, it is Chris Hi. Chris, welcome in. Thanks for being in homeroom dude, appreciate you. Yeah, no problem. So the first ever comic book convention was in New York nineteen sixty four. The very first person to buy a ticket was a sixteen year old kid by the name of George R. R. Martin. Yeah, way to go. I would have even accepted. You know, the Game of Thrones, dude, he's the guy that wrote the books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, wait to go.
Speaker 1: You win a uh you got a one hundred dollars CC's pizza gift card.
Speaker 2: It's all yours.
Speaker 11: Oh dude, that's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all so much. Joe hete you man, every one of you in homeroom. I love you, Hey. Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio GEM.
Speaker 5: Ninety four point five is us station from iHeart Radio The Rod.
Speaker 2: Ryan Show on ninety four five, Wake out the.
Speaker 1: Buzz, there we go. Padda got the Disco, ninety four or five The Buzz, Wakey, Wakey, hands off cup Cakey's seven o'clock hour coming up. We'll get you Alice Cooper and Judas Priest tickets. I told you Corrosion of Conformities opening. I go way back with that band. They're playing October twenty sixth at the Woodlands. We have tickets for you closer to eight twenty now to win the tickets in the eight o'clock hour at eight twenty. It's the Struts Dirty Honey Show that I'm super excited about. We're gonna play. We haven't played Chicks Versus Dudes in forever. We're going to play that at A twenty got a fifty percent chance of scattered with thunderstorms today highs of around eighty four. I got Alex over here with Houston's headlines and yet still dominating the news cycle. It's the number one, two and three trend. Is everything dealing with the Pope? Yeah, yeah, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Pope Francis passed away yesterday at the age of eighty eight, and the official death certificate list his cause of death as his stroke and heart failure. His health had declined in recent months, including a hospital stay for double pneumonia that can immediately began preparations for his funeral and the election of a new pope. His body's going to lie in state at Saint Peter's Basilicas starting tomorrow, with the funerals expected later this week. President Donald Trump said yesterday that he and First Lady Milania will attend the funeral. A conclave to elect Pope Francis' successor is scheduled to start between May sixth and May twelfth. Starting May fifth, the US Department of Education is going to resume collecting payments from borrowers who have defaulted on federal student loans. This includes garnishing wages with folding tax refunds and social Security benefits through the Treasury Offset program.
Speaker 2: Over five million borrowers.
Speaker 3: Are currently in default, with nearly four million more at risk. The Department will send emails in the next two weeks to inform borrowers of their options, such as income driven repayment plans or loan rehabilitation. Wage garnishment notices are expected to follow later this summer. Collections had been paused since March of twenty twenty due to the COVID nineteen pandemic. Education Secretary Linda McMahon stated that there will be no mass loan forgiveness and emphasize the importance of bars returning to repayment and to maintain their financial health.
Speaker 1: I don't have a problem with that. You borrowed money. Yeah, I know it's for education, and I understand that. But I borrowed money for education too, and it's like, all right, old man, I borrowed money to go to college. I never once thought that it was going to be forgiven or so. Also, my social security, I'm not going to see that. Yeah, I don't know if you're gonna get that. I feel like that's a little bit of a trade off.
Speaker 3: If you're like all right, well then we don't get Social Security we paid into.
Speaker 1: What are we doing hmmm? Yeah, but still it just.
Speaker 3: I get the logic of I absolutely understand what you're saying, Like you borrow money, money, you should probably pay it back back.
Speaker 1: So there's really not a lot of wiggle room there for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But and I understand. Here's the thing, Like you said, when COVID rolled around, this stuff was put on whole and you're just kind of hoping that it just goes away. They just keep putting it on hold forever. What I have found in more and more years being on this earth, things just don't go away. You know. That's why you get pulled over for like not using your blinker and then you go to jail because you have a warrant for your arrest. Things don't go away the I arrest. They don't put anything under the carpet either. Things don't go away on their own. And I know that's what you were hoping for. Yeah, but it didn't. And it's like I don't think a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Were also saving up money to repay those student loans when they got the pause on it. Either it was like, well, let me set this socide, so what I normally pay monthly.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna make sure that I still have that for when this resumed.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's the realization of all of this is not fun for a lot of people. And new survey asked Americans how they are feeling about their current financial situation.
Speaker 1: You have just sticking on money? What are you just piling on this morning?
Speaker 3: Well, only thirteen percent of people reported feeling very good about their financial situation, while twenty eight percent feels somewhat good. Half of the people's surveyed say they are now taking steps to boost their financial knowledge as a result of economic uncertainty. While seventy four percent currently manage most of their own finances, only half say that they have a lot of trust in themselves.
Speaker 1: I have never once ever felt good about my finances. Oh I yeah, know who's running around saying, oh, I'm sad, right, And I'm somebody that really puts away a lot of money. I I'm paranoid about retiring whenever that may be and running out of money. I mean, how right here, nobody has enough money for retirement. Nobody is saying enough money for retirement or they don't really have an idea of how much it's really going to cost to be retired.
Speaker 3: And everybody has the like, well, mean, all you gotta do to be more financial literate is like, you know, set aside twenty percent of what you make a month, I'm go'd be fourteen dollars.
Speaker 1: It's fourteen dollars. I am putting in a job.
Speaker 3: I don't make much money, okay, guys, And like a lot of people don't have money that they can just store away to save because they gotta pay bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm jealous of all those people that are super comfortable with where they're at. And it's a low number, right, but most of us are just yeah, most of us are in the same boat. How you don't feel all right?
Speaker 11: He's still here. That's why I was taking a jab at a hell you look good in that suit. Here's the story Rod wanted to talk about this this morning. Pro Football Hall of Famer Shannon Sharp has been accused of sexual assault and battery, and a fifty million dollar lawsuit filed on Sunday. The former NFL star denied all accusations, and a statement through his attorney yesterday calling the civil suit and an attempt to blackmail him.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I wanted to talk about this, but you were given the entertainment for the Shannon Sharp right, well give it, but yeah, because that was the number one trending thing, and then given the entertainment stories. There weren't a whole lot today, but it was this or what Kanye is doing or how poor everyone. I don't want to talk about Kanye, I really don't. Yeah, I mean, he's just he's off the rails, like more so than ever. So so Shannon Sharp, there's accusations against him right now? Did he just sign a huge contract for his podcast?
Speaker 2: Is he like he already was making a bunch of a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of money anyway? Club Sha is the name of that. That's right.
Speaker 3: The woman is accusing Sharp as being represented by attorney Tony Busby, who won settlements in favor of the women who accused NFL quarterback to Sean Watson of assault.
Speaker 1: So I thought there was a local connection there too. We're talking about Sharp in music news.
Speaker 3: Puddle of mudfront man West Scalen has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons lately. At the beginning of March, he blamed a disastrous performance on getting roofed by his ex Basis. Just a couple of weeks later, he was arrested on felony domestic violence and drug charges. He also was pepper sprayed by police, sturing on a whole altercation. He's a rockstar, but yeah, despite his behavior and legal issues, the band is still putting out a new album. Talking about the album, Scantlet said, quote, it was a moment of clarity me.
Speaker 1: Looking in the mirror.
Speaker 2: I was there night after night in.
Speaker 3: The studio, learning, recording, pushing myself and making sure every part of it felt authentic.
Speaker 2: I'm super proud of how it all came together.
Speaker 3: He's talking about the album Kissed the Machine, and that comes out on May second. This is Beauty Miss, the first single from that album.
Speaker 1: We want to tay listen way way I like it. Coun Man, no, coun man. Do you always have like a Liam Gallagher whiny?
Speaker 8: Very much so?
Speaker 1: American Lea and Gallagher on this song specific specifically too. I mean you can think what you want about Puddle of MUDs. So many people bitch that there's not enough rock music. This is the definition of like rock and roll right here. And if they're putting out new stuff. I'm gonna listen to it. It's good. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: Don't write them off. Beautymus is streaming on all platforms right now. If you want to get the single.
Speaker 1: Well, we got it. Onto the music. I'm two, we got the video. Okay, those are using headlines Astros will win Yesterday, Yeah, they shout out the Blue Jays seven and nothing.
Speaker 3: Last night, Hunter Brown gave up just two hits over seven sod endings of work. It was his third consecutive start without giving up a run. Astros are gonna play the Blue Jays again tonight. Renew Blanco will be on the mount for this DROs going up against Toronto's Chris Bassett. First pitches at sevent ten, and you can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety and News Radio seven forty KRH. Last night in the NBA Playoffs, the Pisses and the Clippers beat the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Tonight at six, the Pacers play the Bucks.
Speaker 3: At six thirty, it'll be the Thunder hosting the Grizzlies, and at nine, the Lakers face the Timberwolves. You can watch those games on NBA TV and tn T and the Stanley Cup playoffs. Last night, the Capitals got by the Canadians and ot. The Jets top the Blues, the Stars beat the Avalanche in overtime, and the Kings got past the Eulers. Tonight, the Hurricanes host the Devils, the Maple Leafs take on the Senators, the Lightning are gonna face the Panthers, and the Golden Knights played the wild You can watch the games on ESPN and the ESPN two.
Speaker 2: That's what's going on in sports.
Speaker 6: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 1: It's a rod Ryan the.
Speaker 5: Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, buzz.
Speaker 1: Hipping out the Bush ninety four or five in the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's the chemicals between us. Welcome to the seven o'clock hour. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you very much. If you're just joining us, Wakey, wakey, hands off, cupcakey. We got a fifty percent chance of some scattered with thunderstorms today, Hive about eighty four. All of our guys and gals are putting out new music right now. These are these are great days. These are great days for new music. I was a little Lukewarm on that new Bush song that we played. You had it in Houston's headlines maybe last week. I just thought it was okay we had I think we put the video was just a lyric video. I just thought it was okay. The Puddle of Mud I want to listen to again. I like you Wizard did send it to me yesterday and I listened to it. He I don't think he likes it that much. Yeah, I don't think he likes it that much. I thought it was pretty good. Like I listened to it. There's just something different about hearing it on the radio and we're we're when we're talking, we're on the radio, we're hearing it on the radio. I don't know. I listened to it. I thought, okay, it's all right. As we're talking about it, when you're when you're doing your ahead, you know, music story in the headlines, I'm like, this sounds pretty good. I liked it too. And then we said there's a so that's on today's music blog page, the new song from Puddle of Mud.
Speaker 2: And I hope we're always hoping the best for Wes Scantlin.
Speaker 1: I like the guy. He's always real, he's always been cool. He's had meltdowns here in town. Yeah, he's had famous meltdowns that happened here. As a matter of fact, it was over at the pub Fountains he had one of his famous meltdowns. It's a crapshoot when you're buying tickets to go see him. I mean, I don't know who wants to book him anymore. I don't think Wizard wants to put him on a on a Buzzfest because you don't know which one's gonna show up.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, worst case today, you get a cool story.
Speaker 1: He's crushed at Buzzfest before Puddle of Mud and West he has crushed it before. At Buzzfest. He was just in a good spot, you know. I mean, he's played several times, and I don't remember a bad Buzzfest performance. But then it's those club performances that I don't know if he doesn't I don't know if he doesn't take those as serious, and then he parties too much going into that thinking oh, okay, it's just you know, what the hell I'm in Stafford, Texas, Where the hell is at? Well, it's just outside. Everybody from Houston's going to that show. Dude. So it's a major city. Yeah, it's like playing Houston. But I don't know if he looks at that on the schedule and says, uh, you know, no big deal. This new song is pretty decent. The video is on the music blog page today. There's some other cool music stories. Sammy Hagar has got a new song coming out on Friday. Not something that we would deal with here, but I always like to keep you guys up on what things that are happening. Alice Cooper's got a new album coming out, not something that we would play, but they asked me if I wanted to give away tickets. I'm like, yeah, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, let's give away tickets to that Corrosion of Conformities. Opening tickets are available at ticket Masters. They're playing October twenty ninth out of the Woodlands. I mean, that's a great metal show. So information about Alice Cooper's next album.
Speaker 2: The thing that's interesting about.
Speaker 1: That He's got the original Alice Cooper band and it's the first it's the first in like fifty one years that he's using his original players except for the one guy I think passed away. One of the guitar players. But that beauty Mious, the new Puddle of Mud single that's all on links and guests, cool story Green Day. In between the two Coachella sets, the headlining sets they played both weekends, they were just kind of sitting around and this is the cool thing that happens when bands are playing. I mean, food Fighters were doing acl and somehow they got the okay to do that seven to one to three music hall show. That's how we got that show. That was wild, But that was an announced show. It was the food Fighters. Green Day play a show at a small club out in California during the week and it was just builled as the cover ups. They go on stage, it's green Day to play. They've thirty one songs. You're seeing Green Day Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. You've seen Green Day in a club.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: They've done that before too. They've done that before. They were Yep, that was a that was a completely separate project. They put out an album as the Foxborough Hot Tubs and it was green Day. It was it was just green Day. Yeah, and with a different name. You're right, and you know who else will do that? All the way up to the top. Rolean Stones have showed up the clubs before and done sets. He had a warm up. Yes, they've done that. So here I am yammering on about the music blog page. No one clicks on it. Tat Tuesday is your number one blog page today, then yesterday's milk Monday is the number two blog page today. Looking at Girls is number three already, So that's what you guys are looking at online. Let me take a short break. When we come back, I'll get to those Hall of Famers, those metal Hall of famers. We'll have some great concert tickets for you on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative very used to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 10: The Buzz ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Just like the man said, it is Tattooesday, and no one's complaining about today's Tattooesday. Even a guy said, look, Rod, I'm not into all the tats and stuff. That's not my thing normally, but today's feature is great. Like all right, that's got me wanting to go check it out.
Speaker 2: Got a fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms today, high of eighty four.
Speaker 1: You know, We've been doing this segment forever since the show's been on the air. It was called what was it called before trending. It's like the mini headlines or something like that we did because it wasn't like we had the skinny and then it was just oh, headlines from the Skinny and it was just supposed to be a quick little thing basically before the world called it trending, that's what we were doing. Yeah, so now we just call it whatever one does, and it's trending. I look at this stuff just to see if we're talking about the right things, you know, Shannon Sharp. I see is on here the student loan debt collection, just to make sure that to keep us making sure that we're hitting the right stories that you know, that are the base, you know. So and then there's the stuff that's just ours. Like I mentioned the Tattooesday, you know, so what he got over there trends, well.
Speaker 3: Tattooesday is trending. So Lie de Wood from Josh.
Speaker 1: Chase submitted, Oh, Josh Free, He's he's been on a heater lately, Yeah, he has been. And then also trending is Shannon Sharp.
Speaker 3: He's been accused of sexual assault a battery in a fifty million dollars lawsuit, and the woman accusing him as being represented by attorney Tony Busby, and then earth day continues to trend people talking about the Earth. So, what's your favorite thing about earth rod.
Speaker 1: The roundness of it? Oh, really, I love I like the spherical quality of the Earth. I like the polarized caps. All right, personally, I'm a big fan of the Sun. I gotta be honest with you. I'm a big sun guy. I went, I got a sun tattoo. I like it so much.
Speaker 2: That's just training once.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that was Brandon who said, I'll admit, Brod, I'm not normally a super fan of the heavy tatted girls, but laud So Brandon said, you know, I got a cool email too from Kitlyn and she sent me a picture of Caitlyn and Dallas. What was our first phone call today? Yeah, so they sent in a little picture. We had a great first phone call where we got Dallas. Who's I think in third grade? Favorite subject is math? How can you not like? How can you not have a great day when you start out like that? She was chiming in from the backseat. Forty sick at Math. Yeah, London's kind of gravitating towards Math right now, and I'm like, please stay with it, please, Math. It's the key to everything, all right. So I just put Caitlyn and Dallas through up on our Facebook page. It was a nice thank you, Caitlyn. It was unnecessary, but a great, really nice email. I was very happy to have you guys in as The first phone call so Elis Cooper, Judas Priest Live October twenty sixth, the Woodlands Pavilion, Special Guest Corrosion of Conformity.
Speaker 2: Where are my old rockers, my old metal people at.
Speaker 1: You don't get me old? Get out there and appreciate. I don't know how. I mean, Ellis Cooper, that guy's never gonna stop. I don't know. I don't know how long Judas Priest is going to go on for. But this is one of those situations where you say, this might be my last chance. That's at least how they get you to go. This might be my last chance to see these guys but together, I mean, those are those are rock legends on stage seven one three, two, one, two, nine four five.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for call to number teen.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Shaw ninety four or five buzz killers, and somebody told me, good morning, rob Ryan Schump. I hope your tattooesday is going well. We can't do much about these peske scattered thunderstorm fifty percent chance today high of around eighty four. You know, we do a segment every morning we called the fun Facts. We got a little jingle, we sing the whole thing and we bring us in fun fats. I wanted to use this this morning, but I wanted to make sure I get it in there today. I heard this yesterday, like you're starting to hear all this stuff about the Pope, you know, the pope trending. He still number one story. He was a bouncer. Did you hear that? Argentina? Did you hear that? He did see that? I should have used that a fun fact today. Before he was the Pope Francis, which wasn't his name. It wasn't Francis back then right in Buenos Aires, Argentina. No, he took that name when he became pope. He was a nightclub bouncer in Argentina. Bro the Pope was a bouncer. And then the other thing that I heard yesterday, just in passing was he had a Harley. Now now there's no confirmed reports that he ever drove it, but I believe Harley gave him a bike in twenty thirteen. He hung onto it for a year, he accepted the gifts, he hung on to it, and then they auctioned it off the following year. Like the Pope's Hog. Very coveted the Pope's Hog, Like the Popemobile, Like the Pope have analytal sidecar that was the Popemobile. Yeah, but yeah, so he technically, I mean, I know he was the people's Pope and you're hearing all these great things about him, and he was a great man. But being a bouncer and owning a Harley just makes you look upon this guy totally different. So you can just make up a name when you're the Pope. Now, yeah, I didn't know that was the thing. I thought that wasn't his name at all.
Speaker 3: I just thought that they only picked like twelve names that were like, well, that guy's not going to be the Pope. No, guy doesn't have a Francis name or benedictor John, the one.
Speaker 2: The one that like my people, the Polish people.
Speaker 3: Everyone you had a picture, they called that Pope the pop Pope John Paul.
Speaker 1: The second, well, Pope John Paul. The first I believe was killed or something. And then the next guy that went in there, he just took his name, said, Okay, I'm Pope John Paul. The second I don't like. But he was the first one from Polish or from Poland. So the pole. Yeah, No, you take a name when you're the when you become pope, you take a name of like your favorite guy in his in pope history, and so it's got to be named after another guy, I think.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know the answers. I don't think there's been a Pope Alex. I'd go that, I would, I don't know. I'd go with a way cooler name, Pope Dalton, Yeah, from Roadhouse, something like Star Wars. It just doesn't make sense. Hope Vader Pope two D two, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Charlie? Hi, Charlie, how are you great?
Speaker 2: I need a rocker on the phone?
Speaker 1: Do do I have a rock I need a rocker? Okay, I hopped in the car and I think I heard you say something about Alice Cooper tickets and Judas Priest and yeah, dude, all right, I got the right guy here. Congratulations everyone else ticketmaster dot Com for these tickets. But these three great bands are October twenty sixth uh playing the Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 1: If I got a rocker here, then I got the right guy. Congratulations. Who quickly, who is your favorite pope? Favorite Pope Charlie? Uh, probably the most recent one. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was the people's pope.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: He was pretty progressive, too, super progressive. And his most famous line is who am I to judge?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 1: Ya? Thank you up? Who am I to judge? So all right, listen, Charlie, have a great time at that show. Hey, I appreciate it. Guys, thank you, I really appreciate you. Thank you so much. I liked Pope Lando stop out Pope.
Speaker 3: He was the Pope from nine thirteen to nine fourteen.
Speaker 1: For a whole year there was Orlando. Hope Lando. I thought you were going with Lando kel Rizzi in that.
Speaker 2: That's actually why I picked it.
Speaker 1: Cast.
Speaker 2: Hey, Tinder and Bumble tied for the most.
Speaker 1: Popular dating apps right now, that seems like I don't really know about you can't tie.
Speaker 2: Somebody had to be ahead of the other one.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right. Tinder and Bumble are really kind of head to head. Is America's favorite dating app. Tinder still leads by a hair right now. Tinder was the first one to be swiping right. This is the God's lie, This is the god's honest truth. I've never been on these ones. I don't know what's going on. And I know you've been on Lockdown forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's almost fifteen years now for the dating app thing.
Speaker 1: So Tender leads by a hair especially amongst the younger users, but bumbles appeal with women and professionals is closing the gap. The other ones that you that are in the running. But still it's it's a one to two horse race here. The other platforms are hinge, plenty of Fish and Facebook dating. Did you know there was a Facebook dated it Facebook? Somebody talking about it when it first came out. I didn't know that that was the thing. They're lagging way way behind. Does Bumble also swiping? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I do know that Bumble is the one where like the girl has to send the thing before the guy can.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's that's Dadie Hawkins.
Speaker 1: That's why it says the appeal with women and professionals. Now the other news that I wanted to pass along to you today. According to a report from these matchmaking companies, first dates and this is just something moving forward if you're interested, First dates that involve something active are twenty five percent more likely to lead to a second date over meetups at bars, restaurants and coffee shops and activity, okay, doing something together. If you think that this person is somebody that you definitely you already know before your first date that you're going to want a second date with, you got to get an activity going. It's going to boost your chances of that second date. It's just the bar thing seems so easy. Yeah, and I don't have to work out, like who's gonna go hiking with somebody? I get it, like somewhere and push off the top of the mountain, Nike. It somewhere in the history of first dates, two idiots went for a hike. Okay, where are you gonna hike here? In Houston?
Speaker 2: Okay, the Arboreal Memorial Park, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, walk around Okay, So anything that gets people on their feet and experiencing something new. Visiting a museum counts, strolling through some botanical gardens.
Speaker 2: Attending a concert counts.
Speaker 1: Grabbing a bike at a food truck, taking a cooking class together.
Speaker 3: If a food truck just isn't going to a restaurant, that's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right when you're food and drinking.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's sit on a patio, all right, I sat outside of Chili's.
Speaker 1: What does that count the most success out of all activities is you guessed it?
Speaker 2: Going for a hike together cars used to be a popular option.
Speaker 1: But having a drinker too can relax you, that says here, but that's becoming less popular for everyone. Boomers are the least interested in going to a bar. Gen z is see the least success following first dates at a bar. So you gotta go out there and be active.
Speaker 2: So here, what'd your brother Rod tell you?
Speaker 1: Tinder and bumble and then get out and do something fun on that date. Once you swipey on the person that you.
Speaker 2: Like, I guess you don't have to pay as much to your high game.
Speaker 1: My man, looking at it from a financial way to go dude.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 1: The buzz. Okay, my favorite song, my favorite band Foo Fighters ever long rod Ryan's show on this tattooesday.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a good feature today. It's a good one.
Speaker 1: World Famous Rod Ryan Show blog page at.
Speaker 2: The buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty percent chances of scattered thunderstorms today Hi eighty four to twenty percent chance of rain tonight with partly Claude Skuy's a couple of things rolling in our friend Janelle Alex Warpig barbecue. Of course, my boyfriend and I met on Bumble. Our first day was a walk around Memorial Park. We've been together three and a half years. Activities here you go, activities. Okay, let's just say, who are Ferret Pope?
Speaker 8: Was you?
Speaker 1: Please open up your email from Mike Richardson. What am I looking at? Some of this AI stuff is getting really scary. A guy sent me an AI. A guy sent me an AI creepy picture if you go back and look. Maybe on Sunday I put it up on our Facebook page. One of the days last week was National High five Day. So I took a picture of me and I'm high fiving into the camera and I posted it on Facebook and I said, hey, don't leave me hanging. It was just another reason to get people to post on our Facebook page. Post a high five picture. Somebody took that picture and aiyed it. I don't know, and it just it's so weird what they do to your face? What am I looking at here? It looks like Michael made me the pope?
Speaker 3: And I think I I look good in a pope path Maybe mayn't buy one.
Speaker 1: It's kind of you. It's your eyes. What did he do? Did he take a picture of you? I don't know, if you're like throw like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I got mad at my wife because she made it like we were doing I turned my dog into a person, and I was like, no, don't give them a picture of our dog. Now they know who to go after. Yeah, like, and it made it like into a human. And I guess you just upload the picture and you're like, make this person the pope.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: I refuse to use AI for other things than just talk typing into the Twitter, just like make this.
Speaker 1: I'll put this on our stories. I'll good Instagram story. It's kind It's definitely somewhat you, right, Yeah. AI think the to like the nose pretty much. Pourhead to nose. I would say, nailed it. The ears are a little big. I don't think my teeth looked like that. You guys are getting weird with this AI stuff. But do you think i'd make a good pope?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I think I think I think I could.
Speaker 2: I could do the show remote for the Vatican.
Speaker 1: I think you would wish horrible things upon football teams, only teams I don't like. I think you would put hexes and you would have a direct line to God. And I feel like every ay pretty said Eagles game would be a dangerous storm outside. Oops.
Speaker 3: I think you'd be a horrible pope. Dude, I think things might turn around. Maybe I changed, Maybe I'd changed the world for good.
Speaker 1: I think your mom would agree with me that you'd be a terrible pope. I don't know that she's gonna sad make the greatest But all right, I will get this picture up so you guys can see it.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm gonna enter the running for it. You know, I'm throwing my my tall hat in the ring.
Speaker 1: I don't think he just I don't think it works out well he did, But all right.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's stayed lowest in me. Ron Ryan's show Tap Tuesday number one link. Today we're gonna play game next hour. It's been a long time since we rock and rolled with chicks versus dudes. One gal One guy going head to head to win struts Dirty Honey tickets for their show September twenty fifth at the House of Blues. Fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms hies them around eighty four. Today, two people ask me about that new Puddle of Muddy if we're gonna play it. We played it a little bit during the last Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 2: The video.
Speaker 1: I think it's just a lyric video. I think that's all that's available for it. We have it on the music blog page. If you want to go listen to that new Puddle of Mud song, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you think of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, if enough of you complain about it that you want to hear it, then maybe Radio Wizard we'll reconsider giving it a spin. Alix and I both said it was pretty good. Yeah, what are you got going on in Houston's Headlines right now? Welcome boarding everyone.
Speaker 3: Pope Francis passed away yesterday at the age of eighty eight, and the official death certificate lists his cause of death as a stroke and heart failure. His health had declined in recent months, including a hospital stay for double pneumonia. The Vatican immediately began preparations for his funeral and the election of a new pope. His body's going to lie in state at at Saint Peter's Basilica starting tomorrow, with the funeral expected later this week. President Donald Trump said yesterday that he and First Lady Malania Trump are going to attend the funeral. A conclave to elect Pope Francis's successor is going to be Garrett's going to start May sixth and go through May twelfth.
Speaker 1: Dude, AI Pope Alex on our Instagram stories. Hell yeah, it's disturbing at all levels. I love it. Yea, look great, I can do it. Dud ah aipace to be with you.
Speaker 2: That's what I would just say all the time, and then it fixes everything.
Speaker 1: AI Pope Alex Instagram stories at rod Ryan, I.
Speaker 2: Would be the real people's Pope, I guess.
Speaker 3: A year law enforcement officer and current Harris County deputy was injured yesterday afternoon following a shootout with an armed suspect in downtown Houston. Deputy Sheila Jones with Harris County Precinct One was shot in the upper shoulder area, and the shootout happened about twelve twenty pm after reports of a man with a weapon walking around the courthouse complex. The suspect was also shot and taken to the hospital. But I mean, I don't really care about the suspect as much as it's just good to hear that the deputy is doing okay. Today is Earth Day, so Happy Earth Day everyone. And according to a new report, the average American experiences forty eight days of eco guilt every year. If you break that down, that's four times a month or once a week. Thirty one percent of people say they feel guilty about wasting food, nine twenty nine percent feel guilty about trashing items that could have been recycled, and twenty seven percent feel guilty about.
Speaker 2: Leaving the TV on when they are not watching it.
Speaker 3: Overall, fifty percent of people say that they're more likely to do something that isn't environmentally friendly when they're rushed or stressed, like not recycling, avoiding single use plastics, and bringing reusable bags, bottles, or containers out when shopping.
Speaker 1: The lights on and leaving the lights, you know those types of things. Is that because you love the earth? Or is it because you hate paying a huge electric bill? I get to justify both, but it's for financial reasons. And when you bitch about leaving the ac running when you're not there, it's not a love of the earth. It's a love of your wallet and what's what little is in it. But then I can double down and be like, well, I also care about the planet so much, okay, gotcha?
Speaker 3: Like I care about emissions, but like if you give me a trip to space and I go to that, like I can write.
Speaker 2: That off, like I don't care, that doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 2: Locked in happier there, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's kind of crazy to think about.
Speaker 3: But up until now, members of the Academy were not required to watch every OSCAR nominated film before voting, which seem like it it's all just a sham at that point, right, Yeah, it's finally gonna change for next year's ninety eighth Oscars.
Speaker 2: Ninety eight times the charm's what they always say.
Speaker 3: A new rule requires voting members to watch all of the nominated movies in each category, but it doesn't mention how they're going to prove that they've watched them. The Academy also made a statement on AI in Film, saying that it will neither help nor harm the chances of achieving a nomination. The next Oscars will take place Sunday, March fifteenth, twenty twenty six, with Colone O'Brien returning his host I all you gotta do is they send everybody those screeners, right, like those.
Speaker 1: Like here's a link, go to here. They've sent us stuff that.
Speaker 3: For movies that we've done ads for before, and it's here, click this and it has your name on it, so if you try and copy it, then they can they can see who sent it out there.
Speaker 1: All you gonna do is like did you watch it? Did you open it? Okay? Cool?
Speaker 3: Like there should be something like when you click the link and you open it, it shows that you open the link, and then hey, you didn't watch all of these your votes don't count.
Speaker 1: This is not not a big deal. I mean, I don't really care about the Oscars.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But if you spent all of your time for over a year building something and working on something and then they didn't even freaking watch it because they're like nah, Martin Scorsese, he just did a thing.
Speaker 1: But the fact that they're just now saying you have to watch all of the nominees that's never been said before. It's like the heisman.
Speaker 3: Why West Coast guys always kind of get the shafts because people don't stay up late to watch West Coast games Sometimes, Okay, but why that guy get to vote if he like, why is he voting when that guy didn't finish the season yet?
Speaker 1: Like, it's the same thing. You should watch all this stuff. If you're having to weigh in on what the best of all of these things are.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you're gonna find something like I didn't even think that was gonna be good, and it works out. Just found before The Chainsmokers crashed a frat party in Arizona, but only thirteen minutes into their set, the cops showed up and threatened to start arresting anyone who was under eighth.
Speaker 1: Listen, we're just coming up on the halfway point.
Speaker 2: Chicks versus Dude, her play a little game.
Speaker 3: Next hour The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM about.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five. This Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's Lincoln Park and Crawling Happy Earth Day. Every one fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorm. He got a little rain falling on our portion of the earth here Hive around eighty four to twenty percent chance of rain party clouding low sixty nine tonight, AI Pope Alex, I love it. AI Pope Alex is now on our Instagram stories if you wanted to see that. It's it's disturbing on all levels. Mike Richardson for putting that together. Thank you very much, he said. He pulled a random photo of Alex off of Facebook and then he got with a chat GPT to generate a photo to make you.
Speaker 2: Look like chat g Yeah. Yeah, there, that's bad.
Speaker 1: Oh and this just said Rock knows who you are as well.
Speaker 2: Just so I don't give my pictures.
Speaker 1: I already put all your information into Rock. I did too, that chilly when we were talking about the Pope. I gave out some Pope fun facts earlier today on the show, and this wasn't even in the fun fact segment. I'm kicking myself that I didn't use these earlier this morning, but I just thought it was kind of a fun thing to pass along. As you know, we're talking favorably about the Pope and then the pope that just passed. He was a bouncer back in the day in Argentina and had a Harley Davidson.
Speaker 2: For about a year.
Speaker 1: We don't know that he ever drove it, but Chili chimed in and went. He was clearing his throat. Hey man, who else do we know that was a bouncer and has a Harley Davidson. He feels like if anybody on this show has now the pedigree to be a pope, he says, it's him.
Speaker 2: What about the twin popes? We could have a dueling popes that. I don't know if they go for that, but.
Speaker 1: I think there would be a pope from Guatemala long before there was a pope from America. So, Chilli, you got a shot here, So I asked Mike Richardson. I asked him, I go, We'll make one of these up for Chili. So he oh boy, So you're in chat ChiPT right now. You'm just saying you're Chili, Pope Chili. A pope Chili is being worked on right now. If I'm not here May fifth through the twentieth, I mean yeah, I mean, my my, my, my adds are looking pretty good. White smoke when I see Chili white smoke, and that was Chili. He's the one.
Speaker 2: He's the one, all right, thank you, Chili.
Speaker 1: Oh he would. He's a bouncer, yeah, and a Harley driver like you all, like the pope that just passed. I mean, hey, God delivered it. A signed for it. You know, I'll know what that means. But okay, Chili, I'm gonna need I'm gonna need a gal and the guy. All right, the the female contestant is going to get this is. I do get in trouble on this game. I do this is. I'm kind of remembering why don't play this game as much because people will complain like, oh, the girl questions were easier. The dude questions were so easy. Everybody knows that that's.
Speaker 2: Not just a dude question.
Speaker 1: Shut out. Okay, I in the game show host here. Okay, I got the questions. I did the work. So we're gonna go with what the questions that I've prepared for the game. But not till after the break. But I'm gonna be asking for people to call in. All right, all right, So ready one dude one chick Chicks versus Dudes. Street name of this game back in the day, used to be holes versus.
Speaker 2: Polls, nice ran back or.
Speaker 1: Just today it's forrus Dirty Honey tickets. All right, oh boy, we will get set up for the game after this sit Tight.
Speaker 6: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, Welcome back. Can't wait to get into what's trending. Hope you're up to an awesome start to your day. We're getting set up to play a game to win these tickets to.
Speaker 2: Go see the struts in Dirty Honey.
Speaker 1: We have alternative income coming your way, a chance to one a thousand dollars at around nine to ten, the chance to meet the guys in three eleven.
Speaker 2: That's happening today on the show.
Speaker 1: I got a three to eleven tickets meet and greet with the band at the seven pe to three Music Hall and gets you qualified for box seats. Chiley put that on Know the Show today. Fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms. Okay. I like Shannon Sharp is still trending. Yeah, maybe the number one trend. He released a bunch he Okay, he's being He's got accusations against him.
Speaker 3: It's a fifty million dollar lossuit of sexual assault and battery aues.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tony Buzby, everyone knows him here. He's representing her and Jannah Sharp's like, listen, everything that I did was consensual. He got ahead of it. Seventeen hours ago, he released a bunch of text messages from one Gabriella Zuninga. That's the gal that's bringing the charges against him. Some of the texts include quote, I know you missed this big juicy ass, twenty five K for each cheek. These girls that ask for money, it's a world I don't live in it. It is a world I don't live in. These girls that are out at bars and then they go live and they put their cash app on there. Anybody want to buy me a drink. It's a crazy world out there.
Speaker 2: I am not it.
Speaker 1: I hear about it, and I see it from from other people. I'm like, that happens. The street girls are just want money sent to them. Okay, well I can't read that one. Can't read that one. But she does want you to put it. She does want Shannon to put a big black baby in her. You're gonna be stuck with it for life if you put that big black baby in me. These are all text messages and Shannon's like, this is the kind of stuff she sent me? Does this not sound consensual? Yeah? Right, So Shannon released that on his Twitter. I can't read any anymore on this.
Speaker 2: Shannon Sharp is trending.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 3: Earth Day continues to trend Have your earth Day anybody? I'm sure Shannon Sharp would really talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got adult kids, so they're adults. But it would never be easy that your dad's sexual encounters are being talked about and trending every two months. Yeah, this is not the first time Shannon Sharp's sending for these types of things. We all know he left his phone on not that long ago when he was having on them on Instagram live. But he was having a fun time. It's like, Shannon Sharp's a mess right now.
Speaker 3: And then Tattoosday continue to trend lie the wode submitted to us by Josh Three. People are checking her out the love famous Rode Ryan Show Paige at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: That's is training on night be by the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, we're gonna play chicks versus dudes. I'm gonna make sure I got a double and triple check all my questions. I need one gal, I need one guy on the phone. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. The Dude's gonna get chick questions. The Chick's gonna get dude questions. Yeah, it's gonna be like that. To win tickets to the Struts Dirty Honey, September twenty fifth at the House of Blues. You want to play? Call now seven one three two one two five nine four five. Rod Ryan Show on ninety five The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Hey, Alex, won't you hop over here for a quick second?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: So I got this here. It's kind of interesting. I lost my screen, so control room, right, that would be cool to see what I was doing here. I don't know what's on the air.
Speaker 8: What's that?
Speaker 1: Okay? And I hit it again, old boy? All right, Well, Alex is gonna help me out with some technical difficulties that I'm having here in the studio. My screams. I can't see like what's playing on the air right now. It's fun. It's a good time. Fifty chances scanning thunderstorms his it.
Speaker 2: Around eighty four?
Speaker 1: Aha, Okay, there we go, all right, we are ready to roll here.
Speaker 2: Great studio though, Well that was super scary.
Speaker 1: Everything just went away.
Speaker 3: No, I get it, Like.
Speaker 1: What the holy heck is happening here? All right, I gotta do a few other things now, I gotta do this.
Speaker 2: You guys can just chat amongst yourselves.
Speaker 1: I gotta like reset up everything that I had set up for myself already in the situation.
Speaker 3: One thing it's like essential to run in the show just stopped working, Yeah, and we had to just give it the old reboot. I'm honestly surprised that he came back that fast. Usually it takes way longer than that. I can't, but I did new we were playing game. Yay, I knows now.
Speaker 2: All right, there we go, and it's act to the attacking. I really do apologize everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm just kind of resetting up everything that I did this morning. I get back to us. Do we have Ai Chili pope yea?
Speaker 2: I have not seen it yet. I'm looking bad. I do keep looking at at a Ai Pope Alex.
Speaker 3: Though, Ai Pope Alex, and I think dueling or like the two popes, that'd be a solid strategy to go with.
Speaker 1: All right, I think I'm ready to roll here. I've got tickets to give away to go see the Struts in Dirty Honey September twenty fifth over the House of Blues. Okay, are we ready? Yeah, Okay, we're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's bring on Destiny.
Speaker 1: Hello Destiny, Hello.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great?
Speaker 2: How are you great?
Speaker 1: You want to play tricks versus dudes?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: Heck yeah, heck yeah. You're gonna take on Daniel today, Daniel. Good third, Daniel. Your reper is that the dudes don't lose?
Speaker 6: No, I won't.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Does that all dudes everywhere? Down? Destiny sounds like she knows what she's doing over there. All right, I've got three questions for each of you to start. I mean, of course, if there's any ties I got, I brought in more questions. You never know what's going to happen this radio show, live without a net, baby at all times that we have not played this game in a long, long time. Destiny, I'm going to give you the option of going first or second. You each will get three questions.
Speaker 2: Destiny.
Speaker 1: You'll get dude questions. Daniel, you'll get chick questions. Destiny, what do you want to do? I'll go first. Oh, very good, Okay, all right, here's Destiny.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Daniel, just kick back.
Speaker 1: All right, get there, all right, Here we go, Destiny. Three questions, real easy stuff. You ready?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Question number one?
Speaker 1: What what do the letters you FC stand for? You? Ultimate?
Speaker 6: Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Speaker 1: That's correct, that's gad.
Speaker 2: That's one.
Speaker 1: Oh Daniel, I'm gonna get your act together. All right, Here we go. Next question, Destiny, what is the most common size in ounces of a beer can in the United States of America? U?
Speaker 5: Sixteen ounces?
Speaker 1: Show me sixteen ounces?
Speaker 3: No, sounds like you like to party over there. It's twelve ounces.
Speaker 1: Twelve ounces is the most common size of beer can in the US.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Next question, Destiny, what household item uses a Phillips head? That true?
Speaker 2: Driver, Yes it does.
Speaker 1: She got two? Destiny, got two? That means you've got to get all three of these, right, Daniel, two to tie three for the wind. Are you ready to go? I'm ready? All right, dude, don't shame us. First question, which Kardashian launched the shapewear brand Skims Kim Show me Kim Kardashian. Yes, Yes, that was Kim. Nice go start. It's a great star.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Next question, what is the occupation of the character Meredith Gray played by Ellen Pompeo. What is the occupation of the character Meredith Gray played by actress Ellen Pompeo. Daniel Doctor, Doctor, Meredith Gray Gray. Two for two, Here we go, Destiny, You're tired right now. He's got one more question? Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Daniel Diez for the win.
Speaker 1: Who is the singer of the twenty twenty two hit song anti Hero. Who is the singer of the twenty twenty two hit song anti Hero Daniel Diaz. I need an answer. I need an answer in three in two in one, damn it, Daniel, Damn Daniel, damn Daniel Destiny. Tell him who sings anti Hero?
Speaker 11: Taylor Swist Taylor Swift Lap.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 6: I'm not either, but I know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know what kind of panties Kim Kardashian's wearing? Yeah, all right, here we go, Here we go. Question for Destiny, Here we go. What is the name of the fast Car franchise starring Vin Diesel.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no no. I should know that I.
Speaker 1: Need an answer In three in two in one, I was looking for the Fast and the Furious.
Speaker 2: Ben Diesel fast car franchise.
Speaker 1: Hmm, okay, can I get some chick questions here? Please? All right, I can do that. Let's see. Well, the guy knows everything about panties, so we're gonna skip that. Daniel, Daniel, you're listening.
Speaker 6: I'm listening.
Speaker 1: Here we go. What is the name of Carrie Bradshaw's column in Sex and the City. What is the name of the column she writes in Sex and the City?
Speaker 2: Daniel?
Speaker 1: I need an answer in three two? What the column, Destiny? Do you know the answer?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: The column was called Sex and the City?
Speaker 10: Oh duh?
Speaker 1: Come on, come on, here we go, Destiny.
Speaker 2: What is WD forty primarily.
Speaker 1: Used for.
Speaker 6: To grease stuff up?
Speaker 2: Lubricate, lubrik.
Speaker 1: That's fine, we'll take that. We'll take that. Okay, get this wrong, Daniel. You're out of here and you've shamed every man on the planet. Daniel, already, are you? I don't know if he is. What is the term for a stay at home mom who turns her daily routine into a monetized brand on social media? Need an answer in three? In two? In one, pull it off, does not pull it up?
Speaker 10: Destiny?
Speaker 1: With the wind today, I would have taken content creator. Influencer, said influencer after the buzzer. Mommy blogger, he said influencer after the buzzer, after the buzzer. Yeah, Daniel, damn it, Daniel, let's all down. Come on, Daniel, get out of here.
Speaker 2: You're out.
Speaker 1: Hey, Destiny, You're the winner on family Feud. For God's sake, what's the name of this game?
Speaker 2: Chicks versus Dude.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when they stole my music. Okay, I was doing I've been doing Chicks Versus Dudes for years. Then they went out and stole this music for family Feud. I got confused. Congratulations, I'm gonna give you tickets to go see The Struts and Dirty Honey on September twenty fifth of the House of Blues. Awesome. Thank you so much, man, Thank you for playing great job today, guys.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: Red Hot chili peppers around the world.
Speaker 1: Did you know they're from California? Oh yeah. We got a fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today. Highs of around eighty four. Have you gotten after any of this alternative income yet? Okay? Allowed, I want you in. No, you can't. You're right, you can't. I tried Ai ai po ballots can try, but you cannot. Alternative income. A chance of one thousand dollars is coming up. Keyword, all that good stuff coming your way. Closer to around nine ten and then all this week. Man, three to eleven. The band's been around forever, man, I mean three eleven. Great awesome guys too. Every time I've been around them, they've always been so generous with their time, they give great interviews, They're always.
Speaker 2: Just fun group of dudes.
Speaker 1: So I know you're gonna enjoy meeting them, and we're gonna give you that chance. We have three eleven tickets meet and Greek passes, and then you'd be qualified for box seats for their show at the seven point three Music Hall on May ninth. Now, an email came out yesterday, came out late tomorrow. On this show, we're gonna have two pair of Rockets tickets to give away for the playoff tickets. Nice, yeah, So we're gonna put those in prime time. So those are being the seven and eight o'clock hour tomorrow tomorrow night's game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they came in late, and I didn't want to like not properly sell the fact that we have these tickets, so I'm running the risk of giving them away on game day.
Speaker 3: But I think people will get up into that's that's almost the coolest.
Speaker 1: Like I think we've done those Disasterisk tickets.
Speaker 3: I remember I did a gig before where they're not an endorser anymore, so I'm not gonna say a name, but I did an appearance and there was like World Series game and they they got to walk to the stadium from where we were, and it was the Remember the List vibe ever because like, hey, guess what can't see plans for minut you're going there, Like, don't get out of here to go to the game.
Speaker 1: You had to be on site with you to win World Series status. And then they went right over. It was close to the ballpark. Yeah I was walking distance.
Speaker 3: Believe this is not quite that, but it's just as cool to win. And they're like, Babe, sorry, I can't can't do dinner tonight, I gotta go to the Rockets playoff game.
Speaker 1: Yep, you can get out of anything tomorrow on the show Man, I hope I'm doing this right, Jilly. We have two pair of Rockets tickets tomorrow and we'll put them like in prime prime spots. Yeah, the emails sit two pair. That's awesome. Okay, So that's gonna be that's gonna be really, really fun. So tomorrow's gonna be a big, big day. But there's still some great things coming your way on this show here, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: Anative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning shown the.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Saw that we World premiered right here on the show with your ears involved, and Alex was standing right there, and Chili was right there, and Justin Furstenfeld was on the phone with us. It's Blue October's hot stuff. He said, he's got a whole album of that that sounds like that. He said, he let the boys in the band turn loose, come in with your riffs.
Speaker 2: Let's put on a rock album.
Speaker 1: And that's if that's just the sample of what I cannot wait. I can't remember the last time I was just excited about the release of a new October, Blue October album with that being the lead single.
Speaker 2: I like that direction allow.
Speaker 1: I love that dirty gritty stripper polly sound, which he agreed, and he laughed and he thought it was funny. You thought that was a good reference. I think he's run with it since then. It's a great stripper song. Yeah, I want a whole album of that. I want a whole album. See him of Sweaty Grit and you are going to get to see it now. Is he going to play more off the album? That's ape, they're gonna play more off the album?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: For that.
Speaker 1: We can kind of try and bully him, and we need to talk to him before Buzzfest for sure. Blow October is on the bill. Bloctober is on the bill Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion. We should just tell him, you can't play unless you play at least one more song off the new album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, new role, you have to play at least another one.
Speaker 1: But look what we're asking, We're begging an artist to play new stuff. When you go see a band, you want to hear all the hits and all the things that you love. I need to hear more stuff from this album. So we'll tell him that you can't play unless you do. I think that's fair hot stuff. I don't think he'll be that upset, he's said. He told us he was gonna do hot stuff at Buzzfest, So why not just go from hot stuff in or another note? One more? All right? So pod Evans, Blue Stabbing Westwards, sleep Theory, and one local band is going to be chosen very very soon to be on that bill. Fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms today. Highs of around eighty four Wow eight fifty five alex one final time Houston's headlines please all right, well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: Pute France has passed away yesterday at the age of eighty eight, and the official death certificate lists his cause of death as a stroke and heart failure. His health had declined in recent months, including a hospital stay for double pneumonia. The Vatican immediately began preparations for his funeral and the election of a new pope. His body's going to lie in state at Saint Peter's Basilica starting tomorrow, with the funeral expected later this week. President Donald Trump said yesterday that he and First Lady Milania Trump will attend the funeral and there's a conclave to elect Pope Francis successor that's scheduled to start between May sixth and May twelfth. Starting May fifth, the US Department of Education is going to resume collecting payments from borrowers who have defaulted on federal student loans. This includes garnishing wages and withholding tax refunds and Social Security benefits through the Treasury Offset program. Over five million borrowers are currently in default, with nearly four million more at risk. The Department is going to send emails in the next two weeks to inform borrowers of their options, such as income driven repayment plans or loan rehabilitation. Wage garnishment notices are expected to follow later this summer. Collections had been paused since March of twenty twenty due to the COVID pandemic. Education's Area Secretary Linda McMahon stated that there will be no mass loan forgiveness and emphasize the importance of borrowers returning to repayment to maintain their financial health.
Speaker 1: They want that money, they do. They want it, they do. If you borrowed it, they want it back.
Speaker 2: Even if you were like a sixteen year old.
Speaker 1: They didn't even understand which you were borrowing with interest? Yeah, I should have asked somebody. They didn't teach us that in school.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: A new survey asked Americans how they are feeling about their current financial situation, and only thirteen percent of people reported feeling very good, while twenty eight percent feels somewhat good. Half of the people surveyed.
Speaker 3: So that they are now taking steps to boost their financial knowledge as a result of economic uncertainty. While seventy four percent of people currently manage most of their own finances, only half of those say that they have a lot of trust to themselves.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the numbers are going in the opposite way. I think people are feeling more disappointed than ever in their money, and I agree with that. I've always been stressed out about it my entire life. I don't know why. I've always been financially driven always that's been a big.
Speaker 2: Thing for me.
Speaker 1: And said, you came from not money, right.
Speaker 3: So I think a lot of I think it depends on like not always, not with anybody, because there are people that come from money that then go and they learn like, let's I want to earn it.
Speaker 1: I want to make my own thing.
Speaker 3: But like if you you came from like where you said your parents.
Speaker 1: Were struggling, but they were getting by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just learn how to just grind it out.
Speaker 3: And like even when you've you've made it as successfully as you have right now, you're still in that mindset of like grind it out, grind it out, where there's a lot of people that are like, I don't have to do that, this will just come to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's never It's not like we talk about we talk about Gene Simmons. It's like, dude, when is enough's enough? You got enough? You have generational wealth, all right, your kids, kids, kids don't have to work, and he's still finding it out. For me, it's just it's never enough to think about gen X my generation. And I think there's some number floating on out there that the average gen X or has ten thousand dollars saved up for retirement. It's gonna get you buy a couple months. It's a couple of months of retirement. So the average price I saw something floated to me, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in medical bills is going to be a rough number that when you retire, from the time you retire until you die, two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in medical bills. So I will just never have that. Oh my god. Yeah, that's the kind of thing that freaks me out. I'm just wondering. Am I the only one that freaks out about this? I freak out about it.
Speaker 3: No. I try to not think about it as much as like, because it is easy to just spiral if you start thinking about this stuff. True, it's like you try and hope for the best. Not that that always works, but yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: All right? What else? Something? Well?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 1: What is this? Shanna Sharp? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Pro Football Hall of Famous Shandon Sharp has been accused of sexual assault and battery, and a fifty million dollar lawsuit filed on Sunday. The former NFL player denied all accusations and in a statement through his attorney yesterday calling the civil suit and attempt to blackmail him. The woman that accused Sharp is being presented represented by attorney Tony Busby, who won settlements in favor of the women who accused NFL quarterback to Sean Watson of assault.
Speaker 1: Cannon Sharp released.
Speaker 3: A ton No, yeah, he's released some screen shots on screen grabs text messages from this gal, and he.
Speaker 1: Said, listen, does anything on here sound like she wasn't into it? You know, like and you read these text messages. God, I understand why he's doing what he's doing, right, But Shannon Sharp is a freak. You know, he's a freak.
Speaker 3: But like anybody that sends texts like that, like you wouldn't want that red and then when it gets released, you're like, it looks bad for every embarrassing.
Speaker 1: It's like that's how people get when they're in that mindset. Sometimes I don't think we'll get into a situation where there's a jury involved, But if a jury starts reading these text messages, I can't see one of them saying, oh, sounds like you were into this. Look at these things saying to him there is that I can't remember what the court case was, but he was reading some guy's text message to some girl and it was like some lady being like, girl, you're thicker than a bowl of oatmeal.
Speaker 3: And that's just what that makes me think whenever somebody has like text releases like that, just.
Speaker 1: Them reading these text messages in a court of law will be worth the price of admission. You can go see these right now. Just look up Shannon Sharp on the X and he released all these different things. So Tony Buzzby is sitting on all these text messages right now. I don't know what his play's going to be, but I mean, listen, I hope everything was consensual. Okay, I'm not like for any kind of foul play here, but Shannon Sharp is just he's got to put this out there. This guy's got one of.
Speaker 3: The biggest got there at seats that usually yeah, not always, but he usually means he's not worried. That like, this is a serious thing and it's a civil thing, not a criminal thing as well.
Speaker 1: But he's got one of the biggest post sports careers going right now. He's making the most money. He's he's one of the biggest movers and shakers out there, and he's just got one of these after another after another after another right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, he's a single dude that's out there, you know, getting it unk.
Speaker 1: They call him on, that's what they call him. Come on, Unk, get your affairs in order, Unk.
Speaker 3: A puddle of mudd in front Man West Scantlon has been in the headlines for all of the wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of March, he blamed a disastrous performance on getting roofed by his ex bassist. Just a couple of weeks later, he was arrested on felony domestic violence and drug charges. He was pepper spread by police and another altercation, But despite his behavior and legal issues, the band is still putting out a new album. Talking about the album, Scantlon said, quote, it was a moment of clarity me looking in the mirror. I was there night after night in the studio, learning, recording, pushing myself and making sure every part of it felt authentic. I'm super proud of how it all came together. The album is titled Kiss the Machine and it comes out on May second.
Speaker 2: This is Beautymus, the first single from the album.
Speaker 1: And Wizard, we're kind of liking it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Wizard, we.
Speaker 1: Said it was giving us Liam Gallagher vibes, Yes, very much so right, Yeah, Wizard, we're kind of liking it. Email Wizard let him know if you like it. But it's this is streaming Udamus. The single is streaming everywhere. Yeah, those are using headlines. It's on the music blog page now. There's some music. Yeah, Astros gotta win.
Speaker 3: Last night they shut out the Blue Jays seven to nothing. Now they're back at five hundred. I believe they're eleven and eleven on the season. Hunter Downtown Brown Gibb just two hits over seven soddenings of work. It was his third consecutive outing without giving up a run. The Astros we're gonna play the Blue Jays again tonight. Renel Blanco will be on the mount for the shows, going up against Toronto's Chris Bass.
Speaker 2: It first pitch is at seventeen.
Speaker 3: You can listen to it on our sister station's Sports Stock seven ninety and News Radio seven KTRH. Last night, in the NBA Playoffs, the Pistons got by the Knicks and the Clippers beat the Nuggets. Tonight, the Pacers played the Bucks, Thunder host the Grizzlies, and the Lakers face the Timberwolves. You can watch all of those games on NBA TV and T and T. Last night, in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Capitols got by the Canadians in overtime, The Jets top the Blues, Stars beat the Avalanche and Ot and the Kings got past the Oilers. Tonight, the Hurricanes are going to host the Devils. The Maple Leafs take on the Senators, Lightning face the Panthers in game one of that series, and the Golden Knights play the wild You can watch all of those games on ESPN and ESPN two. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 6: And The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Come ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Offspring, Pretty Fly for a white Dude, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Rockets tickets tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 1: Two pair of Rocket Chiley has already said, dundeal, we got two pair of rocket tickets, Rocket tickets to give away for their game Wednesday night. Yeah, that's Game two, Game two. This is a must win. We're gonna win this, okay, all right, and then you're gonna bet a game that we must win and the one that Alex says we are going to win. So two pair of tickets tomorrow on the show. You know, I got alternative income coming up for you, a chance to win a thousand dollars. That'll help, right? Would that not help somebody? I don't see out wo right. Fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms pies of around eighty four. Okay, only because I flippantly threw out those numbers that we were talking about. We're gonna sit around here and talk about finances on this show all that often. But Alex did a story and I sent it to him this morning. Thirteen percent of Americans feel very good about their finances right now. And one of the things that I shared with you guys is I freak out about retirement. I freak out about having enough money. I freak out about like everybody would love to retire early. I got I have some friends that are talking about it. And you know, if you want to retire at sixty years old, you have twenty five years of money laying around. But I'm saying, who wouldn't want to be done at sixty? But you're let's say you lived eighty five. Ye, that's twenty.
Speaker 2: Five years of no money going in.
Speaker 1: You're just pulling from what you saved. That's pretty while.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that whole thing of like being done at sixty golly all right? So I said, listen, and now I'm looking at my generation gen X. Where is it? Gen Z? Okay, here we go. According to Fidelity Investments, gen Z workers have an average of sixty five hundred dollars saved up in retirement. They got the memo, they started early. Okay. Millennials have an average of twenty four thousand dollars saved up. How's gen X doing? Gen X household? The average gen X household has saved roughly one hundred and fifty thousand dollars for retirement. Okay, the numbers are way better than I thought. The one thing that I told you about when you retire, you've got a factor in how much money you're going to spend in medical bills. All that medical stuff kicks in after sixty you know what I mean, Like all that your body starts to go to hell.
Speaker 2: I'm like, am I gonna even make it to sixty?
Speaker 1: At this point? Probably the average sixty five year old retiring in twenty twenty four can expect to spend one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars on healthcare expenses until they die. That's not that's not going out and getting Starbucks every day while you're retired. That's not even buying like pigeon feed to feed the pigeons.
Speaker 2: In the park.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't afford pigeon seed. Let them get their own foods.
Speaker 3: Trying packing your own lunch and making your own cup of coffee. That'll save you like a billion dollars a year.
Speaker 1: I think an average a sixty five year old couple that is retiring in twenty twenty four needs three hundred and fifteen thousand dollars just for healthcare in retirement. That's not fun stuff. That's not even the fun stuff. That's not like taking an old people's cruise, okay, or going down and swinging with pineapple ors and stuff in Florida. That's just your healthcare. Three hundred thousand dollars. Oh while, all right, I'm not talking about it anymore. It's a suppressive. It makes me barfie. It makes me very very barfee Go get one thousand dollars right now, listen carefully.
Speaker 7: Ninety four to five, The Buzz has your chance to win one thousand dollars in alternative income. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website green, that's green. Enter it now at the buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars. From ninety four to five.
Speaker 6: The Buzz Houston's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 5: The rod rast The Morning Show ten am ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Good luck man. I hope you guys are getting after that alternative income. I got a great prize for you coming up here.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be on the show.
Speaker 1: So you got a little bit of time here before we get out of here today, I got a pair of tickets to see three eleven live on May ninth, seven, one to three Music Hall. You and your guest will also get to meet the band at the show. Plus everyone who wins this week will be in the running for the grand prize drawing of box seats everyone else. Tickets available for three eleven ticketmaster dot com. All right, Alex online, it's alex online. Nine five the muzz.
Speaker 2: All right, what you got today?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Today's a well is a gravity simulator. You're gonna create a planet and then you can just like put stuff around it. In orbit, you can just throw stuff across, like the Solar System and like.
Speaker 2: Katie perryhead zero gravity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like that. Plus she's in a simulator.
Speaker 2: You're not in space, okay, You're just on your computer.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of cool, like you can put a bunch of moons around your planet and make it make a circle around it, or you can just yet another planet really really far.
Speaker 1: Off in spit. That's what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll go check it out.
Speaker 3: Test out the gravity simulator at the world famous rod Ryan Show page, the Buzz dot com, The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show alright on em, par up on em on.
Speaker 6: The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, the buzz that gets heavy af right, Yeah, do that gets you? Have me up? Now? That gets really heavy at the end. Let's breaking, Benjamin and awaken and yeah, that's you're right, it'll it'll wake your ass up, that's for sure. Good morning everybody, rod Ryan's show Man. We only got about a half hour left together, but those three eleven and meeting the band all right now, I got people like they're awake. The oh you haven't given those away yet? Today three eleven meet and Greek tickets coming up on the show tomorrow. Two pair of rockets tickets to get to. Yeah, that's on the show for the Wednesday night game, which is amazing. There was big news if you follow these types of things, if you're like a space nerd, astronomers think that they found a planet one hundred and twenty four light years away with life on it. Ooh, I know that there's people that just want to argue with me, and they're gonna send me these emails and they're like, Rod, how could you be so ignorant to think that there's not life out there? I think we would have saw up by now.
Speaker 3: Or would we It's a big, big world or a big solar system.
Speaker 1: That's why I never get into the X files galaxy. I don't believe. I don't. I think it's just us that's so arrogant, so arrogant, and living in my bubble of the Earth. A group of astronomers they think they found a planet one hundred and twenty four light years away with life on it now, little green men running around, no a leaf. Maybe that's what gets people excited. You got it when you say life on it? Like what do you mean? Like there might be like a d droplet of water or something. I don't know what they call life, but if you experience any of these symptoms. Because there's a guy in the UK. His name is Philip. He claims he was abducted by reptilian aliens back in nineteen eighty nine. He's still living off of it, still giving interviews. This is like an SNL bit with Kate McKinnon. Okay, so he was abducted by reptilian aliens in eighty nine. He says, they look like little small dinosaurs and they beamed him up, stripped him naked, and of course probed because that's what aliens want to do. They do, they want to just they want All they wanted to do is probe music. It's a skin getting.
Speaker 2: Probed and they take you to the club.
Speaker 1: Now, he has spoken with a lot of other people who claim that they've been also been abducted, and he thinks there's a lot more of us out there that haven't said anything yet. Well yeah, or don't realize it or don't remember it. Yes, silenced. If you are one of these people that may have been abducted, like Chili may have been abducted before and just doesn't realize it. Five signs that you've been abducted by aliens From a guy that was abducted by reptilian aliens back in eighty nine. All right, check your boy for bumps under his skin. I need you to scan and probe Chili's body, Like what if this is it? Aliens will leave implants under your skin. They will show up on X rays okay, and could be as small as a grain of rice. So I need you to do a full body skin.
Speaker 2: So he did have some granular marks on his arm last I.
Speaker 1: Saw, Chili, what do I need you after the show to completely strip naked? And Alex is gonna check you now research? Should we have to wait the show? Now? This guy that got abducted by these reptilian aliens, uh has some random nose bleeds for years after he was abducted and probed, Just random nose bleeds out of nowhere. I had that as a kid. If you you might have been abducted, Yeah, you might have been abducted. Any strange flashbacks, Chili, Yeah, remembering bits and pieces and memories. I've had memory loss recently. Probably the aliens parts of your brain blocked out, Chili. Really clear as day that this guy's been abducted. Chili is like checking all the boxes. Y. Yeah, I think they returned me because I was I would eat too much.
Speaker 2: Now there's missing. There's timeline problems.
Speaker 1: So maybe you thought you went for like a twenty minute walk and then found out that you've been going for hours Every Friday that's chili laying on the couch. I've only been and then you know, miss Christina is calling U instead of going to It's like, I've been on this couch for five minutes. Let me sleep. She's like, no, Chili, you've been sleeping for four hours all day. Make me be One guy that has been abducted sixty times claims it happened to him in the eighties.
Speaker 2: What makes him so special? Why does he get abducted sixty times?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always. It's always like some kind of trailer that's, you know, an alien too. Psychic powers. This guy claims that the reptiles that took him up somehow opened his mind and left him with some supernatural abilities. He now makes a living. This guy makes a living as a psychic medium. So you could have could you could have like a secondary career after you get he's upset about this, Like, bro, they gave you a life. He does make it sound like it's a pretty beneficial thing. It's a good gig if you can find it. Sixty times you were abducted. I'm sorry, I don't believe I make fun I know, I mean I was abducted sixty nine times on that The rod.
Speaker 5: Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four, five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Poppa Roach, and Getting Away with Murder, pup Your up to a great start to your day dealing with this ring fifty percent chances scattered under storms.
Speaker 2: Today time around eighty four.
Speaker 1: I told you guys, I use our Facebook page when I get here in the morning when I think I'm not gonna have time to get to like some sort of a topic or some sort of a discussion that I'd love to have on the air, but I'm like, let's let the Facebook. Facebookers kind of flushed it down a little bit to see if it's gonna work this morning really early, and people jumped on this is really good. What is the greatest one liner in movie history? The greatest one liner in movie history? Is there one line that just jumps in your head immediately boom?
Speaker 2: I think for me, we need a bigger boat.
Speaker 1: And apparently Roy Scheider from the movie Jaws, after he sees Jaws, and it's like, I think it's the first time you really really see Jaws on the screen.
Speaker 2: You've already been watching Jaws for an hour, and they really don't show the fish.
Speaker 1: Roy Scheider sees it and he backs up. He's got that cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He's like, you're gonna need a bigger boat. Apparently he had lived that line. Is it true? I want to believe that he just came up with that on the spot. Favor line in a movie. I mean it depends, like what your favorite movie is, I guess yeah. True. A couple of people wrote, I'm your Huckleberry. Yeah, like from Tombstone. Everybody knows I love that movie. Tombstone Come to.
Speaker 2: Me in the Day at my daughter's wedding is a good one.
Speaker 1: But that was like, that's not my favorite one.
Speaker 3: Gotcha slapping the base?
Speaker 1: That is funny? Uh name the movie Roads where We're going? We don't need Roads back to the future. Yes it is. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Now see, let me see this is generational.
Speaker 1: I want to see you get this. Someone wrote, my name is Jeff Nigo Montoya. You killed my father prepared to die? Do you know that line? No, the Princess Bride never seen it. That movie's from nineteen eighty seven. That's I was not alive. That's the one with okay, No, excuse. I know there's no excuse. I wasn't alive when Gone with the Wind came out. I've heard of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's your favorite saying?
Speaker 1: Uh, Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
Speaker 3: That's I knew that only. That's the only thing reason I know about Goment the way.
Speaker 1: And I'm not sure I got that line right. I think we all misquote that line. I think he sets it. Darn is what he says. I don't give a darn. That's not what it's. I don't do at all. I made that up. Leave the gun, take the Canoli Godfather nineteen seventy two. Why do you know that?
Speaker 2: I've seen the Godfather and Godfather too, and god Father three nineteen seven.
Speaker 1: It wasn't around then. But another one says, I, if I haven't seen, I was even alive.
Speaker 2: So okay, let me see if you get this one.
Speaker 1: And this is I think this is another one of those rumored that she just came up with it on the fly.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll have what she's having. Harry Metzale from nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: They literally just did a Super Bowl commercial, but they did do that. I saw it for the first time this past year. That's Rob Reiner's mom who made the movie. She was an extra. She was sitting at the table. And that's right after it's either Meg Ryan or the other one, Meg Ryan. It's Meg Ryan. Okay, yeah, but I think her and somebody else said the same person. So that's his mom, Rob Reiner's mom sitting at the table, and she says, I'll have what she's having. Rumor is she just came up with that on her own? I don't know if that's true or not. Oh here it is. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn obviously, nineteen thirty nine. Okay, nobody listening right now is alive? True? Okay, you can't handle the truth. Uh. That's one of the greatest lines of all time. I agree with with our Facebook listening. I know this scene. You can't name the movie right now?
Speaker 2: Do you remember who delivers the line?
Speaker 1: Are Lee? Are they army?
Speaker 2: You're getting confused with full metal?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, now?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Another military movie? A few good men?
Speaker 1: You're good men? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jack Nicholson, who I believe is having a birthday today, he delivers that that whole scene of him and Tom Cruise going back and forth. That that whole scene. You can take every single line from that, from that exchange.
Speaker 3: May the Force Be with You is probably I don't I can't believe that I didn't think of that right.
Speaker 1: Off the top of my head, Like that's an all the time? What is it?
Speaker 3: May the Force be with you? Yeah, like everybody knows that Star Wars. Even if you didn't watch Star Wars.
Speaker 1: You get that.
Speaker 3: But is Luke, I'm your father bigger. I'm not saying like the best of all time. I'm just saying like that's an easy and that I can remember.
Speaker 2: Carlos.
Speaker 1: The thing about it, you guys didn't put the movies down for some of these, so I have to guess, like, Okay, I know this. You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitro glycerin plant. What does that even something familiar to you at all? Christmas vacation. That's the old guy talking to his aunt to his wife. You don't remember that when they came over for dinner. The guy that like like lights the house on fire. Yeah, leave the gun, take the Canoli's came.
Speaker 2: Up more than once.
Speaker 1: I think I don't remember that being that such a big line. It's like I thought it was always don't go against.
Speaker 3: The family, just because we hear it a lot in Houston whenever our sports teams lose to somebody, I think it's Apollo thirteen.
Speaker 2: Does it count a Houston, you have a problem.
Speaker 3: I used to have a problem because it was like a real quote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it counts on a movie quote. It was an actual quote, right, But I think it does. Guy, I still think it qualifies as a movie quot. That's what they're talking about. I'm gonna bump this up on our Facebook page.
Speaker 2: You guys can talk about you and add the movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we don't all sit here and argue where it came from some because some of them are not as obvious as others Facebook. At rod Ryan Show Quick Break, We'll come back tickets to see three eleven live on May ninth seven one three Music Hall. You and your guests will also get to meet the band at the show and be qualified to be upgraded two box seats, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show Hony four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan's show. Damn it, I never mentioned three things you must see today. Got a couple taken a photo by the water, and they want to make it look authentic. So she they wanted a fishing picture. That's not your thing. It's not my thing, that's their thing. So they're out by the water and he's like, we'll just throw this, you know, hold this hole and just cast it out there and we'll get some candids of you guys.
Speaker 2: She hooks a shark.
Speaker 1: She hooks a I've never caught a shark. I've told you that before. I'm like, that's one of my life dreams is to catch a shark. Yeah, I don't care how small it is, just to hook a shark. I got a small shark. I know you did, and I hate that about you. I'm happy for you. I'm happy for that. I'm happy for all of my friends' success. I just want to catch a shark. The problem is I don't fish, so I'm not going to catch a shark. If I don't drop a pole in the water, I'm not going to catch one. Get one. Yeah, she caught one, and now.
Speaker 2: She's really got good wedding photos. Now she's got awesome wedding photos.
Speaker 1: It's on three Things you must see today, all right, three eleven tickets, chance to meet the guys and be you'll be qualified to be upgraded to box seats for their show at the seven to three Music Hall.
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 3: All right, well, this is all the way back in the seven o'clock hour?
Speaker 1: Was I here? You were here with you? Okay?
Speaker 3: What band did we talk about that played a club show.
Speaker 1: Near Coachella under a fake name? Oh yeah, like in the middle of the week. Yeah, did a bunch of covers like at thirty Yeah, they did over thirty songs that night seven one three, two one two five nine four five. If you know the show going.
Speaker 4: Down now down the buzz is right in your pocket. Tell your smart device to play ninety four to five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box right Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: Wrapping up a Tattooesday by Far Away.
Speaker 1: The number one link today was your Tattooesday. Link Number two was the milk from yesterday. Okay, we'll keep serving that up on link. Some guests, I see what you guys looking at day, Like, yeah, I see what you're looking at. I mean I can pull it up right now and I can see exactly what you're looking at. Tattoesday, milks Monday, looking at girls today. I think people are still a little in shock. I mean, I didn't lose any sleep last I found out yesterday. But Elizabeth Hurley and Achy Breaky Heart? Is that an odd couple? Was it just me? Most people agree that's that I'm a couple. I think they met on a movie set. They must have made some kind of a Hallmark movie or something together. Okay, all right, good for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for him. It's weird for her, super awesome.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for him. I'm really happy for him. He's now time for I know this show on ninety four to five The buzz La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La La la la.
Speaker 2: Apparently her creepy son approves.
Speaker 1: Have you seen him now? Looks like her? Like it's not. It's one thing that when you look like your mom, but like when you look like your mom, that's weird. He's a weird looking kid, very handsome. Say a vampire? Yeah, good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: Hi? Yes? I am sorry? Hi? What's up? Man?
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 1: John, Hi, John, how are you. I'm a good brother. I'm good at dude. I'm still trying to figure out Elizabeth Hurley and Philly Ray Cyrus together. Yeah. What are they talk about? Hey? What do they discuss? Old Town Red? I guess? All right, dude, Alex has a question for you. I got a pretty awesome ticket and opportunity here, Alex, go ahead, all right.
Speaker 3: John, what band did we talk about today that played a club show near Coachella under a fake name?
Speaker 1: I remember hearing Green Days, I think exact. Yeah, you remember correctly. Yeah, they did two headlining sets at Coachella.
Speaker 2: The cover ups is what they Yeah, and it was yeah, and it was all cover songs.
Speaker 1: They did over thirty songs at a bar one night, never once stating that they were going to be doing it, and then people just kind of realized, Hey, I think that's a Green Day on stage. Yeah, you win, John, Congratulations. Three eleven tickets are yours, May nine, seven and three years a call. You and your guests are also going to meet the band, and then on Friday, we're going to upgrade one of you, one of you five that win this week to a grand prize drawing of box seats for that show. Okay, dude, all right, good brother, all right, but I appreciate you, thank you trying. Who won Fresh out of Bed Heads Ahead? It was so long ago Cody took out Paul.
Speaker 2: What the hell is Cody?
Speaker 3: He hadn't been around for a while, a couple of years, he said, finally came back in and maybe he should have been playing all.
Speaker 1: Lof He beat one time Hall of Famer Paul Paul one time in the hall is a one pump chump.
Speaker 2: Cody is this new guy.
Speaker 1: We don't know anything about him, but co I invited him to come back on and play the Fresh out of Bed hit you head Tomorrow. He'll be on with us at six twenty. Okay, we're gonna have to move some of these tickets around because Rockets are taking the top.
Speaker 2: Spots in ticket giveaways.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow. Two pair of Rockets tickets giving away on this show. One at seven twenty, another one at eight twenty. Rockets tickets for their playoff game.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, we'll continue giving away these three eleven tickets and all that fun stuff. Big Jeremy Benson, that's him on Socials. He's a fun follow Big Jeremy Benson. He's up next. He's got the NonStop nooner.
Speaker 2: Just rocks the whole hour.
Speaker 1: He's got pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. He'll give you a chance to win some great tickets.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We're on a twenty hour break. We'll do it better tomorrow.
Speaker 10: AML Well, was it that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.