Speaker 1: Bill cunning into Great American all health breaking, loose, chaos and confusion is everywhere.
Speaker 2: Had riots over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Of course, with this so called note kings, riots and the protests would happen in the state of Oregon is really unbelievable. Portland, for example, what happened in La. You have the La County Sheriff say that molotov cocktails are thrown, dozens of officers have been injured, blocks of concrete have been pitched. You have a commercial grade fireworks being distributed among the police to hurt and injure them. You have no commerce happening in Los Angeles. I would think, I don't know how you have a worse mare than Karen Bass or a worst governor. But everywhere I look there's nothing but chaos plus and the next few days the President is going to be in the Rocky Mountains Canadian side to talk to some of the G seven leaders about that. It's a situation plus unbelievable. What's happening in Israel, And it goes on and on on. It's only been like two or three days since that erupted, and since then, all of a sudden, the world has changed. Showan you and I now as Congressman Warren Davidson of the great State of Ohio. And there's two congressmen that voted against the Big Beautiful Bill in the House. Both are our guests, and I think the listeners of mine that being a Thomas Massey and Warren Davidson and Congressmen, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, to go back a couple of weeks, it was a one vote plus. What caused you to vote no on the Big Beautiful Bill about ten days or two weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good question.
Speaker 4: It spends more money than it creates bigger depthicits than we would have if we didn't pass the Big Beautiful Bill, and it doesn't you know, look, you don't want to go by the GAO score.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's been a.
Speaker 4: Lot of criticism of that that comes out and says it costs like five trillion dollars.
Speaker 3: Over ten years.
Speaker 4: GAO doesn't give credit for you know, the growth rate, doesn't give credit for tariffs. Pen Wharton, which Wharton School of Business usually is one that people will look at that says, oh, we give good scores there and everything, and that says it still grows the deaths. It's even in ten years. But the most optimistic model I could find gives as much credit. It's the one that Speaker Johnson and President Trump and Steven Miller and everybody's highlighting. It does look good, it looks very, very nice. In a ten year timeframe, would grow, would save about one point six trillion dollars if everything went according to plan. But even in those most optimistic scenarios, it doesn't. It grows death SIT's in the first, you know, in the first this Congress and then the entire presidency, so until twenty twenty nine before it really starts saving money.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is how much pressure were you under thumbscrews?
Speaker 2: Were you tortured?
Speaker 1: Whenever someone says, get me the pliers and get me the blow torch, did the Trumpster and others give you the pliers and the blow torch.
Speaker 4: No. Look, we've had conversations about these bills since you know, November really I mean probably really prior to that, but you know, you know, in an aggressive way. I mean hundreds and hundreds of hours spent in meetings talking about these bills to get to this point. So you know, no, one's surprised by the position I've had, Franken's position. I had, you know, last Congress when when I voted yes for a bill that if if we stuck to the plan, would have spent less money than we did the year before.
Speaker 3: And that's the criteria. We don't.
Speaker 4: We don't even talk about passing a balance budget anymore. I'm just like, can we at least turn in the right direction and spend less money than we did the year before, which is a pretty low bar, But we don't. We don't ever put that on the floor. We did pass a plan to do that last Congress, and I sort of had hoped that we could at least agree to do that, especially.
Speaker 3: In light of all the momentum we've built with dose.
Speaker 4: So that's been my position is if we've got a plan to spend less than I'm for it, and if we don't, then you know, then you know, we'll see what we can do.
Speaker 3: And so go back to March.
Speaker 4: I was, you know, ento February, early March, we passed essentially the plan to start putting this reconciliation bill together, and we basically decided we're going to go with one big, beautiful bill.
Speaker 3: Versus the two step approach.
Speaker 4: I favored the two step approach for what it's worth, but you know, ultimately the kind of moderates push to stick everybody together and put one big, beautiful bill, and the danger in that is usually it's worse on spending. That's how why they do I'm the bus bills is you know, the usually the way you get the votes is you just agree to spend more, and that's exactly what they did. They so they turned towards the left and they counted on holding everybody they could from the right onto the big beautiful bill.
Speaker 3: And that's where you've lost votes.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, me, Massy Andy Harris voted present, but it's because people didn't really want to take it. And that's kind of where I was in at the end of February and March, where I was the last person to get DS and the speaker assured me that he would not put a bill on the floor that didn't save at least one point six train one point five trillion dollars in a ten year. CBO score technically doesn't do it with CBO, but you can find a model that does it. But we talked about this Congress. And that's really the crux of it, Willie, is you know, the only Congress we control is the one we're in, right, So it's easy to promise some future Congress is going to save money, but promises somebody else is going to save money doesn't save money. And so while there's lots of things that we could do, I've given almost two trillion dollars worth of ideas that you could cut that would accelerate the you know, this model so that this Congress or at least this presidency. And that's where I relented. I said, Okay, let's say that Trump would be willing to veto a bad spending bill. We don't necessarily know who's going to win in the midterms, but I would be willing to vote for it as long as it would save money by the time President Trump's out of office in twenty twenty nine. And you know, even the best model that they can come up with, it doesn't do that, and so we wanted to So this is a long part of the story here, but again, hours and hours and hours of these conversations, ultimately we're able to get it out of the House, but still have you know, no votes from the conservative side of this, the less spend less money side, tease it up to get to the Senate, right, and that's where Rick Scott, Ron Johnson and Mike Lee are pushing it. And look, Thomas Massey and Rand Paul are kind of in their own place. Whether they're movable or not, as you know, to be determined, but the other three senators are there. Rick Scott's been hosting dinners with conservatives from the House and Senate for a couple of years now, so we've spent lots of hours talking amongst Conservas in the House and Senate, and frankly with the administration and Susie Wiles and team there she's chief staff, on how to keep this bill from becoming just another giant on the bus.
Speaker 2: No matter what you know.
Speaker 1: The numbers II the big Beautiful Bell passes. Is it true right now that the accumulated debt is about thirty seven trillion and over the next ten years, let's forget about ten years. Over the next five years, under the plan of the Big BB, there's going to be ten trillion.
Speaker 2: Dollars more borrowing.
Speaker 1: So by the time Trump leaves office, there will be forty seven trillion owed by our kids and grand kids.
Speaker 2: Is that approximately correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean directionally, we're having you know, two trillion dollar depth sits right now. And unfortunately, under this bill during Trump's presidency, in the most optimistic scenario, it still grows those depths that's beyond the two trillion, so it makes them even worse for the next two or three years. That's that's you know, that's a terrible situation for the depth sit and when you go to the ten year score, when they say in the optimistic if you stick to the plan, we save one point six trillion dollars. This bill would raise a debt debt limit by four to five trillion, depends on the House version of the Senate version, whichever one becomes final four or five trillion dollars. But the reality is you're going to grow debt by like twenty two trillion dollars by then, so you're talking fifty trillion dollars worth of debt by the time you get the ten year score. So I mean this starts eating up our GDP. I mean, it's a huge percentage of our GDP. And the last time that we had this much debt, it was the end of World War two. But everybody knew we had to spend less money. Right now, almost nobody's talking about spending less money. And that's sort of where Elon Musk, you know, it's like, look, it kind of works in the opposite direction. Why did I want to go do Doe was so we could spend less money, And this bill does just the opposite of that. It's a big setback, and you know, he's right to be upset about that, and you know, of course we do want to find a.
Speaker 3: Way to get it done.
Speaker 1: Congress and Warren Davidson. One great part about this bill is is the continuation of tax cuts and the idea that if nothing happens, this will destroy the Trump legacy. And secondly, there'll be huge tax increase on the American people. What do you say about that one? Well, I think, look, no one wants that.
Speaker 4: We know we're going to have to deal with the taxes. I don't whether it's in this big, beautiful bill or in a broken apart a series of things.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's enough votes to change the tax code.
Speaker 4: I mean, the reality is that, you know, the Senate passed the no tax on Tips provision that President Trump wanted as a standalone measure kind of approved the point one hundred to zero. If you look at some of these provisions in the tax code, you know there are Democrats who would vote for it. We could pass them with sixty votes. You don't even need very many Democrats to do that. You could do those in standalone bills. And then the last thing is it's not like you only get like one giant reconciliation bill per year. The Democrats did the same plan when they passed the American Rescue Plan and when they passed the you know, Inflation Reduction Actor sort of Green New Deal, and they're blending what's traditionally mandatory spending and discretionary spending, but in their case, they just want to spend more money. Bernie Sanders liked it so much when he was the Democrat chair of the Senate Budget Committee. He said, is there any limit to how we can do this? And the Senate Parliamentarium said no, you can do this as often as you want. So it's not like you can only do it like once per year you're limited to it. So those why it's kind of crazy to not do two bills instead of one, Because you have a clear consensus on a lot of things. Why did they want one big, beautiful bill. Well, because the moderates from places like New York and New Jersey and California wanted this state and local tax deduction and they knew that was their leverage to force it to be as big as possible.
Speaker 3: And it's a shame that we gave into that.
Speaker 1: Well, at this point, Congressman, I would say this, the tax cuts have got to be continued, and secondly, somehow the accamulated debt has got to come down. If it doesn't happen now, I've said this many times in talk radio for the last several decades, if it doesn't happen, now, wait, guys like you and Ran Paul and John Thune and President Trump and going on. If it doesn't happen now, it's not gonna happen because if this group can't get it done, the deficit is just going to continue yearly to go up two trillion, three trillion. And secondly, the accumulated that's gonna be wild. So if it doesn't happen, now we're screwed, blue tattooed and barbecue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's it.
Speaker 4: You look at all the momentum we had coming off of Doze and the election, and look, you shouldn't have to fund the Green New Deal, and you know, tax breaks for you know, wealthy people in New York to be able to secure our borders. So there are things in there that we like and agree. And if you cut taxes, it makes sense. You can grow the economy to some extent and bring in a little more tax revenue. You can bring tariffs in and bring in you know, significant revenue from tariffs. But you can't do that and spend money and cut taxes and not have to raise the debt limit. And eventually, if all this stuff comes together, the reason it starts looking good in the out years is they eventually get around to turning off major chunks of the Green New Deal. They eventually around to saying, look, if you're able bodied working in adult work, you got to go to work work. But who would help a friend in need out and say, well, hey, buddy, I mean I'll help you out for now, but by the end of twenty twenty seven, you got to get a job, all right. Why does it mean to do the same thing when the government does the same thing.
Speaker 3: That you and I would do for a friends and family.
Speaker 1: The idea that illegal immigrants should be getting medicaid something like one point three million or so, plus another four point six million or able body to adults that refuse to work.
Speaker 2: We have only a few minutes remaining. I want to get your taken. What's happening in Israel?
Speaker 1: I understand from off the air the Congress is planning on a little bit of a trip next week to Israel that may not occur. I see this as a golden opportunity in which the Gulf States want Iran to be taken down completely. We use four or five Muslim countries Israel did to fly over their F fifteen's and to bomb and take care of Iran the most they can give me. Warren Davidson's position on what's happening now, This go on for next week or ten days, God knows how long. What should be done, what could be done, what must be done with this side is an evil in the modern world, that being Iran.
Speaker 4: Look, Iran has clearly been the destabilizing force in the Middle East, and they've funded proxy wars that have targeted you know, Israel. I mean, how did Homask get the money and do the effort to do the ten to seven massacre in Israel.
Speaker 3: Well, it's heavily Iran. And this is why it was so foolish.
Speaker 4: What the Biden administration and frankly previously the Obama administration did was to you know, negotiate with Iran, give them cash. And Iran with cash is about as predictable as gravity. They're going to use it to attack Israel. So look, they've had essentially a proxy war going on between Iran and Israel, and an occasional flare up into a direct conflict between the two countries. And I got friends in Israel, I mean, just pull it on a personal level. I've got friends in Israel. I wish them safety and success. I got no friends in Iran. I mean, I think there are lots of good Iranian people who've got an evil gut and they do evil things. So you know, I hope Israel prevails, but I do think it's not our war to fight or our war to fund. And I think Israel has historically said we're fine fighting our own wars.
Speaker 3: The trouble is is.
Speaker 4: Now everybody, you know, the warmongers out there, they look for every chance they can to get to get into.
Speaker 3: A bigger broader war.
Speaker 4: And frankly, some of my colleagues in the House and a handful of Senators I've talked to, are done near giddy about the prospect of getting us into a bigger war, whether it's with I ran with Russia in Ukraine or somewhere else.
Speaker 3: And they haven't found one.
Speaker 1: They don't like no at this point. And I would give them all the bunker buster bombs. They need to do everything they can do. Tell the Iranian people. And I thought Netanyahu was great the other day the other night when he said, look, it's time for the Iranian people to arise. Sirih was going to be there forever Lebanon was going to be there forever has been of Moss.
Speaker 2: Let's face it.
Speaker 1: The policies of Joe Biden fun to terror all over the world, especially by giving the Onans billions of dollars, and Obama had palettes of cash. They used that cash not to uplift their own people. They used it to kill Jews, kill Americans wherever they might be located. And funding Hesbela Hamas Boca Ram, they funded the Hoodies. They did everything they can and now we have we have the go ahead to assist Israel by Muslim states who wants the whole thing to be over and that's the way it ought to be. Well, Congressman, we got to go. I know, in the next few weeks before July fourth, you're gonna have your the blow torch and the pliers are gonna come out. You're gonna have to make a big decision and it'll be based upon what that bill looks like. But Warren Davidson, once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Warren, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you too. And another great highlight was Army's birthday. What a great event. How about that, American?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: How about you were you were a ranger, you went to West Point. The juxtaposition of Donald Trump and the soldiers with the American flag marching down Pennsylvania Avenue, and compare that to what happened in Coortland, what happened in Chicago, what happened in Austin, what happened in La what happened in San Francisco was unbelievable. The split screen only MSNBC did not like the American Parade on the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the Army's founding, of which you are a proud member. But once again, Warren Davidson, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thank you. I mean Sarah Huckabee.
Speaker 4: Sanators had it right, you know, normal and crazy, and it was definitely on display during that parade.
Speaker 3: Normal people were happy about it.
Speaker 1: God bless you. I'm normal and sir are you. But thank you for your service. Thank you very much. Well, let's continue with more. Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW