Speaker 1: Turn smatch we have today you bet builders hanging by a thread here. Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your Cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder this World Cup. From goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash. If your bet builder loses on the biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 2: Euros in pre bets. No be bett or power to You Teason Seas apply eighteen plus bet Responsibly, Gambling Care dot I em today.
Speaker 1: You bet builders hanging by a thread here. Relax, relax, they still need one more goal. Well if it loses, nov bets got your cover. Nov bet is the home of the bet builder.
Speaker 2: This World Cup, from goal scorers to cards, get the best value on every match, plus get money back as a free bash.
Speaker 3: If your bet builder loses on.
Speaker 2: The biggest game every single day, join today and get seventy.
Speaker 3: Euros in pre bets.
Speaker 2: No be beat or power to you Season Seas apply eighteen plus bet responsibly Gambling Care Do.
Speaker 4: I The Rush Hour with James Golden, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network Hi.
Speaker 5: Back to Shannon, Who's got more yet again? Shannon, all right, this comes from Justice Alito, who brought this up during the arguments. This is his separate dissent. He says, the court's interpretation also has national security implications. Suppose that a person's only connection to this country is that he was born here to a mother who was present just long enough to give birth and then quickly return to her native country. Suppose that country is a strategic adversary or enemy of the United States. Suppose the child never visited the United States while growing up and was inculcated with hatred of this country. According to this court, now that person is a citizen of the United States. He can enter and leave the country as he pleases. He can travel the world on a United States passport. Even if he plots to harm this country, he cannot be deprived of his status as a citizen, at least under current precedent. He goes on to say that this decision today also provides a powerful incentive to enter or remain in this country illegally. He goes on to say, in my judgment, the Court has made a mistake that will seriously affect the country's future. So some very pointed descents here from those who raise these very big concerns during the arguments and their real world scenarios, which are not a fantasy, They're not a movie. I mean these things that can actually happen now under this ruling that you have today from the majority.
Speaker 3: And Dave, my friends, Welcome to the Tuesday edition of bosl Lee's Rush, Our Fastest Our in American Media. Ya all right, the big decision dropped today. The Supreme Court ruled birth right citizenship. The interpretation of it anyway stays as it is. The fight is not over, and I would just say there are people with that are very disappointed by it. If you're disappointed, that means you expected the Court to rule other than they did. If you remember when the oral arguments were held, many of us that commented on afterwards of that the Court's not gonna you could just tell the Court's not gonna give this one. Court's are not going to rule any different than they have turned out to have ruled. It was that obvious during the orals. So I'm not disappointed in the ruling. I didn't expect it to go any other way than it did. In fact, President Trump. I thought his take was just really interesting on all of this. By the way, Princess Diana will be with us tomorrow. Can't wait to discuss this with her. With the other big court rulings of this term, the President has said the Supreme Court has treated Republicans fairly in caps and that we will right the wrong of the birthright citizenship through Congress. So that's very positive statement. In fact, that's what Justice Kavanaugh suggested as the way to deal with this is that Congress, and from my interpretation of what I'm reading, it may not take a constitutional amendment. The Congress could ratify the intent of what birthright citizenship means without going through a constitutional amendment, and that is one way to go about it. But President Trump said, getting back to his statement, the biggest and most consequential decision issued by the Court by far is the Slaughter case, which overturned the very famous Humphreys executour rule. This whole concept of power has been fought for nearly one hundred years, going all the way back to Franklin del and Roosevelt, where a large slice of his power was taken away. He fought to regain it. He even wanted to pack the court, but was unsuccessful in doing so. This decision gives tremendous additional power back to the presidency where it belongs. It is an honor to be the sitting president who, after all these years, won this very important and hard case, hard fought case. Trump goes on and say, we've got a look at victories too. We had the birthright editionship loss, which will work the correct in Congress. But the big slaughter was slaughter. The Republican Party was treated fairly by the United States Supreme Court. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Now, if you and I spoke about this yesterday, I am so happy, and I mentioned FDR in my discussions yesterday with it, because this goes back, Yes, it goes back to the creation of to me, socialist America, of which Franklin Delano Roosevelt is the grandfather of socialism in America. But this rule that the agencies would be under the administrative branch but really under the deep state, and the president would have very little to do with how these agencies run goes back to fbr's time. And if you want to hear how very liberals, how very upset liberals are about it. Look no further than the publication the Nation kind of a comi rag. Their headline reads, thus lay the Supreme Court just gave Trump a terrifying new power. On Monday, the Supreme Court vastly expanded the president's power by ending the independence of the country's independent executive agencies. That holds opening sentence makes zero sense. Executive agencies are in the executive You can't have independent agencies in the as if the executive agencies don't fall within the executive branch. The president runs the execut the branch except for these independent agencies, which are in his branch or her if we have a female president, and the Nation goes on to say it did this in a ruling that gives the president to fire the people who run these agencies at will rather than for a cause. This change doesn't just mean that Donald Trump and Elon Musk, for they hate Musk, can chainsaw their way through the federal government. It means that Trump or whoever is president after him, can undermine the entire regulatory structure that constrains the smash and grab capitalism favored by the Epstein class. Boy, Hey, they are just going all out here and people upset. It means that institutions that regulate banks, businesses, public health, and the environment are nothing more than the puppets of the administration in charge. It means that the administration under the president actually gets to implement what the president that was elected sees as the mandate for his or her election. That's what it means. Up until now, you could be president and you had this bureaucratic state it's called the administrative state, or it's called the deep state, take your pick, and they have all these political appointees that Democrats and their allies for the most part, have lobbed, have lobbed into these positions, some buried them in this for decades, and their job was to if a Republican is elected, sabotage Yeah, he's supposed to be in charge of the agencies, but you sabotage that president make sure that we don't get Republicans who actually have power. And that has been overturned out and liberals understand the full meaning of it. I said yesterday, this is one of the biggest rulinings in our history. It is this is one of the biggest ruinings that has come down in the court for the last hundred years. Now getting back to this birthright business very quickly. Kavanaugh, in his concurrence appears to have given Republicans a path forward. That's what a Fox News report said. He did not argue that President Trump's executive order ending birthright citizenship violated the fourteenth Amendment. Instead, he argued that such a change would require an Act of Congress. So what Kavanaugh is saying, and pretty much of his say, Hey Congress, you guys want to change this. You know you can change this. He wrote, the court today holds that the order violates the fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution. Speaking of Trump's executive order, I respectfully disagree with the Court's constitutional holding. In my view, the executive order does not violate the fourteenth Amendment, but the order does does contravene a federal statute eight USC. Fourteen oh one. Congress could, consistent with the Fourteenth Amendment, amend fourteen oh one, or otherwise enact new legislation establishing exemptions to birthright citizenship four children born too foreign citizens unlawfully or temporarily in the country, but Congress has not yet done so. So throwing the ball right back at Congress, dear Congress, you guys can amend this without going through a constitutional amendment and pretty much get what you want in birthright in the birthing tourism industry. You can do that. You can make it clear that if you're here illegally and have a kiddo, the kiddos are not necessarily American citizens. You could do that. So this is not a total, total, total loss. You see, my friends, there are past being pointed to the forward way out of this. We speaking of forward ways. We'll take a quick break and come back with you because there's so much more. James Goldman is thoroughly with you. Fastest hour in American media continues. Keep it right here, The Rush Hour.
Speaker 4: With James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative.
Speaker 6: On the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Well, James Golan snurdly here, here's we're gonna There were some other Supreme Court rules that we will get to that went on transgender athletes, which, okay, if your state bans it, cool, if your state doesn't ban it. It didn't tell the states that they had to. There was a big ruling concerning campaign foiniance and was called coordination. So we will get to that too, Carlos. The moment that Mike Johnson, we don't have to play at all discover what was going on cut one, he was told during his presser. That's when the Supreme Court listened to the way that it took him. Oh dear, what did they rule? Jis businesship Cla mh.
Speaker 7: Well, uh, I need to read the opinion, okay, but obviously that's I mean, you could say that's a textualist, originalist view. However, I do think that this has been grossly abused in recent years, okay, And that is the case that was being made by the plaintiffs in the case, and we're very sympathetic to that because it is a serious problem we have. We have you know, uh, it's become a tourism, birthing tourism they call it, you know, a trend where people will just come and you just come onto the soil and have your child and then they're they're able to avail themselves of the welfare state and everything else intended to serve a noble, important purpose and has been thwarted and an overused and abused, and so I'm sure that we'll continue to Look at you.
Speaker 3: I'm with the going to be Republicans now. You know, we're trying to we're trying to We're trying to. What we're trying to do right now is just pass stuff, and these Republicans just will let me pass stuff. They keep talking about the damn Save that we're trying to put the Save Act in with the defense stuff, but they don't want to hear it. They're having a rebellion and the Senate why they're not helping. So, I mean, what are we supposed to do it? We supposed to Congress? They say, Uh, the Kavanaugh says something about led Congress do it, but Congress. Congress is useless almost but but anyway, Uh yeah, so it's up to Congress. And will they stop it? Uh? I don't know. We're fighting a rebellion with all of these We got this lunar girl, Luna, Luna, we got all these others that are stopping me from doing what I'm trying to do now. Huh poor Mike. Yeah, that's right, ladies and gentlemen, Republicans in the House having a rebellion. Uh, they're sick of the Senate, so they're holding up action in the house. Doesn't have to make sense, Princess Dan will explain it tomorrow. Meanwhile, we'll be right back. Don't go away.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: You know that Phyllis Hyman song that we played that was written by mit Toomey and M two May and Lucas. M two May who is he? The songwriting team M two May and Reggie Lucas. I both of them played with Miles Davis in his touring band. They left and did a production company. They have written so many hits. That song the closer I Get to You by ROBERTA and Donnie Hathaway. They wrote that never knew love like this before Stephanie Mills. That went number one. You Know How to Love Me? We just heard with Phyllis Hyman and Reggie Lucas is the guy behind Madonna's first album. So there you go. The laws of ladies and gentlemen. Now, the transgender thing. Not gonna spend a lot of time with it because pretty much what it says is the status quo was cool. There, the status quo is cool. There's states that said no, you can't do it. Supreme Court said, yeah, okay, y'all don't have to do it. I love the way that I interpret Supreme Court cases like like every man, they shook on it like yeah, looks like Supreme Court said, yah, I that's what this is. Supreme Court said, I, y'all don't want to have girls playing in girls sports. I I, y'all don't have to. And then they have some other states and said, but we want, but we want, but we want girls to play in boys sports. In the Supreme Court said nay die. At least that's the way I hear it. I we ain't gonna make you if y'all want to go out crazy. YI cool. And then Kavanaugh wrote, and he's getting you know, they liked what Kavanaugh said, So them Lisa Rubin cut for I think she was on PMS PMS now and so that woman is this is there.
Speaker 8: I want to read aloud from the ruling, and so ruly we emphasize one last point. Most of the biological female and transgender student athletes who are involved in transgender sports disputes around the country, are teenagers or in their early twenties. Those student athletes want to play sports, their desire to compete Warrant's respect. No student athlete on either side of the issue, whether a biological female or transgender, deserves to be awesome sized or villified. And I think that's a really interesting comment by the majority, because you have seen a number of athletes, women athletes in particular, who are born female and present as female, sort of villainize some of the people who are like the plaintiffs in this case. And Pellen was talking earlier about a demonstrator at the court and the heis I.
Speaker 3: Just understood what she was saying. You have some of the women in these cases who are born female and present female. Why not just say who are women? Who are girls? You have some of the platins in this case who are women. But no anyway, so she goes on to make that a big deal. You have women who are born females and present females. And then you have Laura Coach. She was giving analysis ONUS on CNN Cut six. Listen to this language.
Speaker 9: This monumental decision not unexpected, however, giving how the oral arguments went. Here was the crux of the issue. It was whether or not somebody who was assigned the male gender at birth would be allowed to play in a traditionally so called girls' sports in a public high school or of course, in the college setting. The argument that they were using to support a ban was that there was an unfair advantage provided to those assigned male at birth in women's competition. The other side said, no, no, this is sex based discrimination and it violates the protection clause of the fourteenth Amendment, and therefore you cannot do it. This has been, as panelis said, at the heart of many culture wars, and one about what the unfair advantage may be and whether or not gender identity should be included in a sex discrimination case. And otherwise, the courts seemed at the onset to be leaning towards this outcome anyway. But the fact that it is now happened now we have twenty seven or more states I believe, who had this ban different colleges. Nancyble A applies it differently to each and every type of sport, and so you had the potential for a patchwork system as opposed to a workable framework that would be consistent across the board.
Speaker 3: And again this language levels use. You have people who are assigned at birth. What the hell these I mean? These people distort the language so horribly. You have assigned people who have been assigned at birth a male. You have males, males that were born males and are going to stay males. And you have others who are born girls but decide they want to be males. It's just anyway. The court kind of said, I we out, yo, y'all deal with it. We out Okay, at least that's my interpretation of it. I could be wrong, Well can oh this? Then I got Peter. Liberals are not gonna like this court today to Supreme Court. The Supreme Court today that expanded gun rights will will consider whether bans on semi automatic rifles often called assault weapons, violate the Second Amendment. So what they are going to take up is whether these states can ban AR fifteens. That's the weapon that they hate most and AR fifteen and other semi automatics. Still states like Connecticut and Chicago, and in Chicago, cities like Chicago where they've banned AR fifteens. Yeah, that's coming up for grabs in the next It's gonna be interesting to see how that does. The campaign finance stuff gets into the weeds, but it's a big deal. Republicans had asked if they could lift the bands on coordination money, how a party can how much money political party, state party can coordinate with individual candidates. Supreme course said yes, you can go ahead and do it six to three. So now supposedly Republicans have the advantage with money because they'll be able to coordinate with their candidates a little bit better, more money coming in in the midterm elections. We'll see whether that plays out the way that it is being reported. And those are some of the biggies. You can't wait to hear what Princess d has to say about these things tomorrow, all of them, especially the birthright city. She already told us that she expected the birthright citizenship and to go down the way that it went down, But I'm interested to see what she thinks the aftermath would be. And this other one, this huge one, the slaughter case, that to me, there's one of the biggest decisions in the last one hundred years. As I've said before, Now there are other things out there, the DOJ, this probe into this guy Singham is huge, but I'm gonna put that story aside. This is one of the socialists that's been underwriting the left, and we shall see. There's this story day too about key allies in like Oman helping to see whether they can divert traffic out of the strait of horror moves to thereby lessen the Iranian's position as a power broker in that region. So we have those things going on. And my favorite little blue word, And if you thought New York socialists were bad, way do you meet the Colorados? Do socialists? When her name is my lot heiros, we have something from her. We have something from this gal. I think we had it yesterday. We have it yesterday, or we had it today. And let me look very quickly cut sixteen. Here she is. This one's running out in Colorado.
Speaker 10: Denver's not New York, but Denver actually rates socialism higher than we rate capitalism by four points. And you know, when I talk to voters about what we're doing and why I'm a democratic socialist, I remind them that we have socialism already, right. It's in the roads that we drive on, it's in the schools we send our kids to. It's in the fire stations we call upon. I'm just asking that we extend that security to our healthcare, to our housing, to our nutritional food, to our higher education, so that we're actually meeting the basic needs of everyday working families in this country, so that we're not just getting by and surviving, so that we're actually thriving and the wealthiest, most powerful country honors.
Speaker 6: We're not asking for much.
Speaker 3: So we already have socialist roads, we already have socialist fire departments. It's all socialism. We even have socialist public schools. Now a lot of people would agree with that already. So her argument, hey, we already have socialism, let's just make sure that it's extended in every single inch of it. She's running out for Congress out in Calorady. And then you have AOC which we did not get to yesterday. Want to get that. You know, all these young little socialists, especially they are young educated. How shall we say if we had to put a colored distinction on it, Young white liberals looking at the black guy that runs the Democrats in the house, and they're all these little white liberals are looking like a lynch mob at this thing. That's what they look like. They look like a white only lynch mob pointing at the TV screen when they saw how King Jeffrey's photo that you're next. The only thing they didn't do was use the N word afterwards, but you know they were in public, so I because you could tell the vibe was the vibe was the vibe? Was the vibe your next? Uh uh? Anyway, well that's what had happened. Oh if you don't believe me, go dig up the footage and look at them. They're like pointing at the TV screen when they saw the black guy's picture, the black Democrat, Hakim jeff black guy came. They were cool. They were cool. Man Dominie had you know the people and and and and you know the burkers and everything, and they're cool with that. They're like, okay, the people and the burkers, they're cool. And then ha King Jeffrey's picture comes on and they all start pointing to it and like the lynch mob, your next. But they couldn't get that last word out of their mouths your next, nick and they just kept saying it over and over again. The Hakim jeffries, you're next, You're next, So AOC was asked about that little lebonic language here and make sure we're inclusive, and uh, this cut seventeen is what AOC had to say about whether she is going to support Hakim Jeffries even though the other young socialists want to lynch him and this politically speaking, of course, lynch him, politically, lynch him. Uh, even though the other white young socialists, Yeah, yeah, they said, go ahead, player, this is shield.
Speaker 5: Though if Democrats went back to the house that Hockey Jeffers is the white right person to leave.
Speaker 11: You know, I'm the white conversations with Leader Jeffries and for me one and we have a broad caucus right for me, I have made very clear that one of my priorities in in determining and in a leader determination is securing public housing financing for New York City. And Leader Jeffries has made his prioritization for the residents of public housing very clear. And for that reason, I will be supporting the King Jeffries for leader.
Speaker 3: And did you understand what she said, Carlos, did you really when or did it just how the compunction works? Yeah? What did she say? Housing affording? Thing? Like? What the rent phrase here? That wasn't what she was talking about that was not why was she talking about? I don't know. I'm still stand by that woman that with a so called girls Sports. I kind of like, Okay, she's saying that King Jeffries for publicly liked something with public housing that she's doing, and so for that, it just sounds like a bunch of words. It's like, you should sign this for me so I can support you. I guess that's what the song is. I don't know. Almost like a quid pro crawl, doesn't It did sound like a quid pro crawl. Interesting? Interesting anyway, anyway, my friends, we have to take a quick break here. When we come back, we got the clip of the day, and we know how much you love the clip of the day. We do too.
Speaker 4: The Rush Hour with James Golden Entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network. The Rush Hour with James Golden entertaining and informative on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Yes, Ladies and gentlemen claiming it is time, ladies and gentlemen fall day.
Speaker 4: Thank you you want to hear it is the clip of the day.
Speaker 3: And today's clip of the day comes from NBC News. My friends, it is very rare that you hear newscasters that sound like they almost want to give an apology for having to report the news today. Our clip of the day illustrates what it sounds like what a major news network has folks on the staff, the news journalists who almost feel like they must apologize for delivering the news. And this is what that sounds like.
Speaker 12: Just a quick note here, the terms that we're using here during our reporting biological male, biological female. The High Court put those terms in quotations in their decision and their dissent. But just so you know, we're using those terms from the decision itself, biological male, biological female.
Speaker 3: You hear that, ladies and gentlemen, Look, please don't get mad at us. The terms that we have to use today to describe what happened in the Supreme Court. These terms, these terms biological male, biological female. The Court put those in We hear it in BC. Why we wouldn't dare utter those words biological male and biological female because we know how harmful they are to a segment of our audience. We don't like these words. We don't like these words boriological male, bariological female. But we have to report them because the court sentence are just a note. Don't hold it against us. There, Supreme Court are the ones that use these highly offensive towns. How Dad him refer to biological males, biological females. But we have to we have to report it anyway. So that's our disclaimer from NBC A freaking courts.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: You recognize our theme of closing theme today is Stanley Clark's birthday. The closing theme that we use here is Quiet Afternoon by Stanley Clark. Stanley Clark is one of the greatest bassist in the world. He has worked with chick corea Return to Forever, Santana, Keith Richard's Quincy Jones, Paul McCartney, the Clark Duke Project that had they had a big pop hit Sweet Baby, George Duke and Stanley Clark together. Anyway, we have been using this because we love Stanley Clark. Here, we love, love, love Stanley Clark. So happy birthday to the one of the greatest basis of mankind upright by the way and Electric plays them all, Stanley Clark. May God blessed protect each and every single one of you, your families and your loved ones. Love and gratitude, my friends, for your being here with me and allowing me to be with you, God willing, We're back tomorrow with Princess Die here too. So until then, my friends, I bid you adieu bye.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to Boaster Lee's Rush Hour.
Speaker 13: You can hear Bose Nerdley's Rush Hour weekdays at four on seventy seven WABC.
Speaker 6: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends.
Speaker 13: And listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms.
Speaker 6: Plus, follow WABC.
Speaker 13: On social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 6: What the heck is going on here