Speaker 1: He's terrific. James Manslow, James, welcome to sitting friends in the morning. Buddy, how are you?
Speaker 2: Thank good morning, said, I can't believe you let in with the theme song. I am Chuckman over here. You got me on that one.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. That's my man. Lou Rafino. He plays well. He's a legend. He worked with him as he plays all most of the music and he's just a really really smart guy.
Speaker 2: So he had the song was done, Lou, well done. You got a smile out of me. I'm good man. Yes, I'm in Tennessee. I'm home in Nashville right now. Beautiful morning today in Nashville. How's New York?
Speaker 1: It's not so beautiful. I mean the weather's pretty good. We got our issues.
Speaker 3: Oh my.
Speaker 1: The people I like these days are in Tennessee. Wiley Gaines is there, and Tommy larn is there, and my friend Klay Travis, who's on this show quite a bit, is there. And you're there, Snake spot Man.
Speaker 2: You gotta come out spot to be well.
Speaker 1: You guys got to vote in Marshall Blackburn as the next governor.
Speaker 3: Will you get involved in that or not? Really?
Speaker 2: Do you know what Actually I've met Marshall. She's supported me. She stood up actually one of her fundraisers for governor. I was invited to it, even though I was a fundraiser. I met her through some music stuff. Huge supporter of the arts and as a musician. I very much appreciate that. And she, actually that is a huge surprise to me, had me stand up and said, if you don't know James Manser, you should know him. He's a huge advocate for this country. He's a huge advocate against anti Semitism and for Jews. And man, I was extremely complimented. So I'm proud to say that she's a friend.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. I like that story.
Speaker 1: So you're out there fighting every day. You were at that event with me and Darren mollan and Bruce Pearl and all these great Jewish people in Laura, Manhattan not that long ago. And I'll ask you the same question that I used to ask my dear friend Michael Rappaport, who's answered a million times at this point. You know, Michael went through a lot, he was canceled. He's got a new documentary out which is amazing. Something to the extent of him, I canceled yet something like that, and I've seen it and it made me cry. But he really was canceled. He could not get any acting opportunities for the better part of two years. And the way you fight like that, like Michael, like me, I'd imagine he came under the same issue. So what are you doing about that these days?
Speaker 2: Look, I'm just continuing to put art out into the world. You know, I appreciate Michael Rapperford very much. He's certainly more aggressive on the issues, as are you than myself, And I appreciate you guys. But for me, I've been very outspoken. But as an actor, as a musician, as somebody who has created art and seen people come together through our through music, through TV shows and movies, I want to continue to do that. I want to bring people together. So I want to bring people to this conversation, actually have a conversation about it, not just fight about it and yell about it, but hopefully come together and solve it. And I take a great way from an American perspective to do that is to come together, regardless of what side of the aisle you're on, and say, hey, we've done pretty good so far. Look, around from history's perspective, look around the world today. This is the greatest place in the world to live in, the greatest place that it's ever been to live in. So let's start by saying we're grateful to be here and then come together and make it better. That love perspective, and if anybody fights against that, it's just a little ridiculous. Why are we trying to spread people, you know, put people against each other. I want people to come together and start with a little bittude.
Speaker 1: I love that, I don't. I mean, it's all okay, I'm not gonna lie to you, but I love it.
Speaker 2: You know that's a right. I'm in a boy band, so I've been called worse.
Speaker 1: You really are a boy band. And all these young girls. I remember my friend Alex brought And who works for Brooke Wallin's. She made us put you on a FaceTime the night that I saw you at that event. All these young kids, they all still love you. And you know when they reach out to you, what do they say about some of the things you're doing today.
Speaker 2: Well, look, if you look on social media and look online, there's a lot of hateful comments. I mean, I get death threats, just for being Jewish. It really isn't about what I say anymore say it's about who I am, It's about how I was born. I get death threats of being proud to be American, which to me is absolutely ridiculous. But that's because the loudest voices come from all over the world and they have nothing better to do but to be online and to behaveful But in person, every single day I get stuffed regardless of where I am in the world, and get thanked. I get thanked for standing up. I get thanked for speaking out. And those people mean a lot more to me than the people that think I should die because I'm Jewish, should die because I believe Israel has the right to exist.
Speaker 1: Well, to your credit, you know you mentioned me, and I'm a bit of a psycho, I admitted than Michael. You're excellent. No, I mean you're you're excellent. You were up on stage that night and you blew me away, and I like the way you deliver.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it.
Speaker 1: I mean you're a great looking guy, and you know you've got a great personality. You're an actor, you're a performer, but the way you deliver your remarks is well done.
Speaker 3: It is well done.
Speaker 1: It's very hard not to like you, even if you do hate Jews or Americans and the rest of that stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I mean it.
Speaker 1: I mean you just you have a way of doing it where you know you're you're likable me. They're like, oh that, I can't die soon enough. But to your credit, you do have Maybe it's the Tennessee. I don't, but you're not from Tennessee. Where are you from?
Speaker 3: Originally?
Speaker 2: I was actually born in New York City. My whole family's from New York. I was born in York Hospital, but I moved to San Diego when.
Speaker 3: I was young.
Speaker 2: So I'm more of a so called beach kid and somehow found home here in Middle America. But look, so to that point first, why I appreciate that I've traveled so much. I've started my career playing music all over the world, acting, getting to live and travel all over the world. And the truth is said, and you'll probably call it a little gay, and I'm okay with that. The truth is I have seen more commonality. I've seen that most people on this planet have more in common than we have differences. So I want to focus on that. I want to focus on the things that unite us and bring us together. And I'm pretty good with everybody right up until you think that, you know, I should die I believe it, or I should die for where I live. That's a right stop. And you know I'm gonna try to swear on the show. I don't know if that's allowed, to tell you to have off right until that point. Until that point, truthfully, I do want to bring people together because I think there's more of us that think this way and feel this way than there aren't.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 1: I had a long conversation with my friend Sean Hannity last week, and you know we're talking about the mayor mom Donnie, and you know Sean has his feelings. He's not a big fan, obviously, but he's not nearly as angry and vicious as I am. I mean, I called the man a terrorist on Fox News. I probably blew any chance of getting back on Fox News anytime soon. And to be honest, I don't care because I think I explain why he.
Speaker 3: Is a terrorist.
Speaker 1: You have to kill somebody aware an explosive best to be a terrorist. Just share the ideology, celebrate those people. That's what mom, Donnie does. And I said to Sew and I said, let me tell you something, tough guy. Okay, you live in Palm Beach County. Now, it's real easy to be a little less tough when you're not traveling into New York City every day. I can say the same thing about you. There's love in your heart. You want people to get along. But you're in a state right now where all the good people are moving to imagine being right back here, James Maslow in New York City, you may be a bit rougher.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're absolutely right. And I travel enough to tell you straight up, I don't feel as safe. I don't feel as comfortable a lot of the places I go. I was just in part of o Art. I just played a solo show from when My first headlining solo show is about put us some country music. And I love Mexico. I've played so many shows down there. I have been received so well, so much love, some of the best service and food and fans in the world. But it was a free concert, and that means they kind of let anybody in. And it was the first time that I experienced this latently pro Palestinian and anti Jew crowd right in front of me, about ten of Them'm gonna see you. About three thousands in Mexico up genocide signs. Yeah, holding up free Palestine size, holding up dye Zionists, go home Jew They weren't hiding it. So to your point, yeah, felt a lot less safe there. And in New York City, I've walked around with my Magen da vid out getting looks, getting eyes, and I stand up proud and I wear it. But man, you're right, I'm grateful I don't have to put up with that every day. That's partially, in fact, there was a huge part of the reason why do live in Nashville. I feel very safe here. My neighbors, Christian neighbors, Jewish neighbors, regardless, They're loving, they're supportive, they value the same principles as an American living here. And man, the older I get, you know, if you're starting a family in your future God willing getting married this year, the more I do want to live in a place that shares this pride and that does feel safe. And I certainly don't feel the same way in New York City anymore. And that starts as where I was born and it's one of the greatest cities in the world, but it's changing.
Speaker 1: It is well Masotov to you and your fiance, and yes, Tennessee, you want a good barbecue, you like your country music, you love your college football.
Speaker 3: I know that. I love that. I love Nashville, I love most of Tennessee.
Speaker 1: So on the way out here, James, We've had a great nine minute discussion, but we've discussed things and not necessarily optimistic. Give me something to make me feel like as we get set to commemorate three years October seventh, and even on a larger scale, because I am America first twenty five years nine to eleven. Outside of the fact that you live in a very safe and beautiful place for the rest of us, that don't give me a reason to be optimistic about the futures of both America and Israel.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a great reason. I was just at the mccabie Games JASC mccabie Games in Kansas City, and I got to speak to and then play some of my new country music for thousands of young athletes and predominantly young Jewish athletes. It is the mccabiy Games, like the Jewish Olympics, but that wasn't the focus of the games. The focus of their games was competition, was leadership, was growing to become the people that they want to see in the world. That was the conversation, that was the feeling, and man, I was motivated. I got to see thousands of young boys and girls, men and women from I think thirteen to seventeen or eighteen crush it out there, support each other, out there, dance, sting along to the music and lift each other up. That gave me a lot of pride as an American, gave me a lot of pride as a Jew. So I believe that there is hope because we have to believe that there is hope and we have to spread that hope. Sid and you do it in your way. It's a little harsher than I do. But I'll do it my way because we need always you know, Michael Rappipoor will do it in his way, be harsh than both of us.
Speaker 3: I'll do it.
Speaker 2: Got it, Keep James aboard each other, keep putting out some positivity and some hope, because what's the alternative despair?
Speaker 3: And we don't want that. What is the name of your your band? Again?
Speaker 2: Big Time Rush.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what how'd you get that name from?
Speaker 2: Well, no, it had some to do with with hockey and the TV show. I don't know. It's a long and fairly boring.
Speaker 3: That's funny. No, that's great.
Speaker 1: Big Time Rush and James Maslow was great on that show. And now he's got a band also named Big Time Rush. And trust me, folks, you know I don't lie to you. He's just one of the nicest, smartest, most handsome. What a terrific guy. And I hope this is a first of many, many many visits. James Maslow, you were awesome this morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your time.
Speaker 3: Brother, God bless you. That was great James Maslow right there.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to Sit In Friends in the Morning. You can hear Sit in Friends in the Morning weekday mornings.
Speaker 3: It's six.
Speaker 4: If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app.
Speaker 3: Hit that subscribe button on.
Speaker 4: All major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X See you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here