Speaker 1: It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon at Dodger Stadium, and it's even more beautiful with two great men hero Yoshi Yama, moto sidekick and of course the great Yamamoto himself.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for both of your time.
Speaker 3: And okay, hi hi.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: All right, Yamamoto, what a great start to your season. What has been the biggest thing that has made you more.
Speaker 4: Comfortable a season?
Speaker 5: So during the off season, you know, because I am, I was able to keep maintain my condition and the great and then that I carried it onto h into the spring training.
Speaker 3: Then, you know, because that resulted and led me to that great start.
Speaker 1: When you came to the major leagues last year, what was the biggest adjustment for you?
Speaker 6: Stuff done?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's not specific, you know, space, I can't pick one thing, but because everything was different, so different from Japan, and while I was playing, I did not feel as much different. But when I look back, there's there's a lot of difference as I feel, you know, because I have to.
Speaker 1: Deal with is it too simple to say it was just the baseball or it was the mound?
Speaker 2: Is that too simple? When people say that.
Speaker 4: No, Yat, you got to you everything is different, simply Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that made you feel more comfortable, right.
Speaker 3: You know? I know, yeah, I think that was the biggest support for me last year.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm here for you all the time.
Speaker 1: Yamamoto, Yoshi Yamamoto and his great psychic hero is here with us. Before first pitch on Sunday night baseball, I noticed something different about you in spring training. You had more swag, you had more confidence. Where did that confidence come from to start the year?
Speaker 3: And me?
Speaker 8: And yeah, but you want to know, machic.
Speaker 5: Yodi, the big big thing was, you know, I'm at this point, I'm used to the lifestyle here.
Speaker 7: And also, of course I needless to say, I get all the support from the staff, team, staff and.
Speaker 3: The organization that that's probably the.
Speaker 7: Biggest, biggest reason I'm feeling more unconfident and comfortable this year.
Speaker 2: Last night, Roki Sazaki had his best start.
Speaker 1: How pleased are you with what he's had to do to get comfortable as well?
Speaker 2: How much have you helped him?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 3: You know, talk about.
Speaker 9: Sent you no, mam ok y'all.
Speaker 8: So then, mam even though.
Speaker 10: Cool, I think as far as I've seen watching him, you know, because he doesn't look like, you know, he needs he needs my help because he has his own pace.
Speaker 3: And then like a lifestyle, like a rhythm, like a daily rhythm.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I think he's doing great, and then not necessarily he needs my help.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, two different type of pictures to individuals, So that makes sense. Going back to your confidence, kek Hernandez shared a story with me. He took you to coffee last year after the first game of the playoffs that you pitched. What do you remember about that conversation and did it have a big impact on you?
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 4: Postal season I.
Speaker 11: Call when I'm the you know, because going on with him and for coffee year and then we had a good time.
Speaker 2: And then, you know, because what we.
Speaker 3: Talked about there.
Speaker 7: Kind of helped me to reset my mind and clear my mind organizing, you know, and then my mind for the next towards the next game.
Speaker 3: And then that helped me a lot.
Speaker 7: And then I felt, you know, he's kindness and then you know, because of support from him.
Speaker 2: Love it and we love Yamamoto.
Speaker 1: I love watching you pitch with such passion and emotion that really shows everybody how much you care and how much desire you have to win again. So it's been a pleasure to watch you pitch and just see you get better and better with every start.
Speaker 2: You are decorated.
Speaker 1: I know you're a great pitcher, but to see it now really come together, it's special.
Speaker 3: And almost so you join.
Speaker 4: Nagats sorry meeting this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Yamamoto. One day you're gonna do the interview in English. We don't need Hero anymore, right, okay, yeah, Hero, thanks a lot for your time too.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate your help.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for having us