Speaker 1: The right quist.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Playoff Baseball is back, and with it an annual postseason tradition Scam is back.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: This is Sax and Cakes in.
Speaker 4: The a APPA go with Proway.
Speaker 2: Dodger legend Steve Sacks is joined by your favorite Dodger pregame host, Tim Kates. If you want to talk Dodgers, get in on the show on eighty six six nine, eighty seven two five seven now while the Dan Patrick Show strings on the Ihearts radio app. We've been banished to the Internet until this Dodgers playoff run concludes. Here they are broadcasting live on AM five to seven LA Sports. It's Tim Kates and Steve Sacks.
Speaker 1: It's Sax and Kates in the AM on your home of the World Series champion LA Dodgers. For the eighth time in franchise history, Your Los Angeles Dodgers are the best team in baseball with a seven to six win over the New York Yankees last night, the Dodgers celebrating on the field the Yankee Stadium in the Bronx a game five win, a four series to one win for the Dodgers. Here in October, Saxon Kate's in the Am until nine o'clock this morning. Our final edition of Saxon Kates in the Am here in twenty twenty four is the World Series YAP. Unfortunately, the run is going to come to an end, as the Dodgers run and season has come to an end, and it ends with the victory last night at a party. Tomorrow a parade that will start at eleven AM in downtown LA at City Hall, and we'll have all the coverage for you beginning at nine thirty in the morning. The parade starts at eleven, it'll go through downtown LA and then there will be a ticket a celebration at Dodgers Stadium beginning after twelve o'clock tomorrow afternoon. You can be a part of that. Find out more at Dodgers dot com, or hang out on the parade route, or just sit back and enjoy our coverage right here beginning at nine thirty tomorrow, presented in part by Bank of America, the official bank of the LA Dodgers. Saxony I was just looking up the Dodgers' stats for this year, and I did that because I wanted to see how many guys actually contributed to this Dodgers team.
Speaker 3: That'd be interesting, and I.
Speaker 1: Start looking at all the pitchers. Seventeen different starting pitchers that got starts here for the Dodgers. Forty different pitchers that pitched this season for the Dodgers. Ryan Yarborough, a relief pitcher who was dfade, was a big part of the Dodgers the first half of the season. Yes, Michael Grove was up and down from Triple A and contributed. Justin Robluski made his major league debut and helped out this Dodgers team. Ryan Brasier was fantastic this season for the Dodgers. You look at a guy like Ben Caspary is coming up. JP Feireheisen who was caught up, called up and helped out this Dodgers team. Nick Ramirez pitched in eight games. Michael Peterson pitched an eleven game for the Dodgers. River Ryan Won, of the Dodgers' top prospects, pitched this year before he got hurt. James Paxton was in the Dodgers rotation and pitched eighteen games for the Dodgers and actually finished the regular season as their fourth pitcher, fourth best pitcher as far as innings pitched this year with eighty nine in the third and he wasn't even around the second half of the season and not a part of this World Series run. But yet he was one of the opening day starting pitchers and contributed this Dodgers team. Again, it just shows you how many players it takes to win a championship over the course of a six month season. In all these names, I'm gonna throw in a couple more names. James Autman, who was a Dodger starting center field there a year ago, opened the season with the team, did not finish the season with the Dodgers. I'm gonna throw another name out for Dodger fans. Jason Hayward. Jason Hayward made the opening day roster, was part of this team, and because of a numbers crunch and needing more pitchers, he was d fade after the All Star break, and it caught a lot of people off guard. You know, Ahmed Rosario, Nick Ahmed Taylor, Trammell was a part of this team. Cavin Biegio. These are all guys who contributed in small parts, but just the small parts all equal a.
Speaker 3: Whole, absolutely right, And you can you can't predict this in spring training, but you know, as you said in early in the broadcast, I mean, you're in spring training and they're going to talk about that everybody in this locker room on the forty man roster, most notably the pitchers, because that's where a lot of the injuries happen. Are gonna be a part of the winning factor in the organization, and it always happens that way. You know, we were talking about there's times I've talked about the Angels before how they have such a need for pitching, and it was a couple of years ago we said, wow, they had like almost twenty seventeen to twenty people that actually pitched, you know, started a game for the Angels. Well, that's kind of normal. That's normal. Now the Dodgers had what's seventeen mm hm. That shows you how tentative those arms are for starting pitchers in the big leagues. It's crazy how many guys you need.
Speaker 1: I imagine as a player Saxony's, you're sitting around on your stool or inside your you know, chair, at your locker down to the old Vero Beach or at Camelback Ranch now in Arizona, and the managers, you know, we need everybody to pull on the same side of the rope and Tommy's giving you that speech, or Dave Roberts giving that speech, and it's about the name on the front of your jersey, not the name on the back. And it's good take all of you guys to come in here and be a part of a championship. I imagine some of the guys on the rocks like me, I'm not gonna be here. I'm gonna be an Albuquerque. No, not me, I'm not gonna be a part of this team. I'm I'm you know, I'm just trying to make the squad if I can and catch on somewhere. But it truly takes everybody. But I imagine you're sitting around some of those years, maybe early in your career, thinking I'm not gonna be a part of this team. Right.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean you get in the locker room. I mean that's the first step. I knew my first entrein into the locker room, I wasn't gonna be there. I was gonna be somewhere in the minor leagues. But man, the you know, the the information that you gather, the experience, it's it's invaluable. It's just wonderful, but you know, guys that are on the cusp, it's kind of tough for those guys. And when you finally get the chance to you know, make the team, it is amazing, especially in World Series fashion. Can you imagine the guys like Autman and the guys you mentioned, the guys that were DFA like like like Hayward, and they're gonna get a chance to enjoy the money and the ring. So that's that's kind of a nice offshoot of all this.
Speaker 1: He is Steve sax I, Am, Tim Kates and Saxon Kates and the am winding up this playoff run for the Dodgers that ended with an eighth World Series Championship. Here for the Los Angeles Dodgers and a prey tomorrow. Go back out to the phones as we talk with Dodger fans all morning long. Where were you? How did you celebrate? What does this mean to you? Another World Series Championship? Madlin and Fullerton, thanks for being patient, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning guys. I love this show. Just want to say the real World Series was against the Padres. We hate those guys and I felt so good to beat those guys and the real thing Steve, when you said God wants the good guys to win, they truly wanted the good guys to win, and we pulled through definite against those Drabbroni Yankee fans can't believe they were as salty mookie bets out there. And I just want to say, you guys are awesome and go.
Speaker 1: Dodgers, all right, Madeline, appreciate that you're gonna know the pray tomorrow, Madlin.
Speaker 5: Oh, me and my boyfriend Isaac are surely gonna be there. We're calling off work. We're gonna be there because you know what, we lost out in twenty twenty, and this is the this is the time for my generation. I wasn't even born in eighty eight, but I've been a Dodger fan my whole life and this is our time to shine. And everyone, all these Steaks fans that want to say that we're choke artists, I would like to see them play one hundred and sixty two games and still make it every year to the playoffs. Even though the teams fall apart sometimes. We still love our Dodgers and we did it this year and it's for real and I love you guys.
Speaker 3: Thank you awesome Thank you, Madlin. Thanks Madel.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we'll see the prey tomorrow with you and your boyfriend walking around there the streets of downtown LA or maybe inside Dodger Stadium again. Our coverage will be getting nine thirty tomorrow morning. Right here at a five seventy LA Sports Armando in West Hill is Entry being patient on this Thursday morning the Dodgers are champions? Has that sound Armando?
Speaker 6: Oh man, it sounds great. I mean it's I'm still living in a dream. I'm actually at the six Sporting Goods in Pasadena right now waiting to speak to you guys. I'm just super excited getting all my championship gear ready for tomorrow's parade.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: What time do they open Armando? What time do they open?
Speaker 6: They opened at seven this morning, so I've been out here since six am.
Speaker 1: Is there a crowd of people waiting to get them? And then is there a crowd of people waiting to get World Series memorabilia?
Speaker 6: Yeah? There was about when I first got here, I was surprised there was like fifteen people in front of me, and then before I knew it, there was like an extra seventy five behind me. So crowds are coming and there's a lot of gear here, so come on down to Pasadena and gear up for tomorrow's parade. But I just want to say real quick, I was born in eighty seven. You know, I've always been a Dodger fan my whole life. My dad, my dad remembers the eighty eight World Series and Saxy, you're a part of that. So congratulations to that. And then in twenty twenty, a lot of people said, oh, you know, there's it's an asterisk season. You know, it doesn't really doesn't really count. It's a half the season.
Speaker 7: Saxy.
Speaker 6: I know you disagree with that, which I do too, But last night really really makes twenty twenty credible. This team is great. Dave Roberts all credit to him, second World Series title. But you know, sometimes when when he comes out there to make pitching changes or just make a change in the lineup, sometimes I scratched my head. But last night, when he came out to speak to Blake China on the mound, that's when I knew that, hey, we got this in the bag and he wants it. We have a foaming junkyard dog in the bullpend ready to come out and Walker Bueler and he came and sealed the deal for us. So happy to see that and sad to see you guys. Go man, you guys had a great run during the postseason. It's one of my favorite things to do when I wake up. So keep it going next to you guys.
Speaker 1: Right, awesome, thank you, Harmando. How about a shout out? I want you to get the phone and started yelling on AM five to seventy right now, let everybody know they're in Dick Sporting Goods.
Speaker 7: Hey, everybody were radio.
Speaker 1: Awesome, awesome, Armando, Thanks Lon Man, appreciate that.
Speaker 3: That's Armando. Yeah, it's the Dick Sporting Goods. Nice, very crowd already.
Speaker 1: That's a bright and early. They win last night. The gear is out already. That's a that's a pro move by you. I mean, you're not gonna get some some neophyight to hear on the radio. That's gonna tell everybody and know that, Hey, the gear is already out when you win the World Series like twelve hours later. But but you know pro like you, you're you're ahead of that. Well, that's why you make that huge dough exactly. That's why you make World Series like money world. Some are ahead of it, somebody's making it. It's trickling down. It's a slow drift, a slow, slow drip.
Speaker 3: There's a pool that trickles down around the Tim Kate's feet.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, I don't know about that. That's true. I saw that.
Speaker 3: I saw the Bentley that you drove up in.
Speaker 1: Come on, Kate, that's just my Wednesday, right, go your Wednesday.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Let's go back out to the phones. Is it osmond osmen? You're next up on a f I seventy LA Sports with Steve Saxon. Tim Kates. Did I say it right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You said it right.
Speaker 1: Good morning, gentlemen, Good morning, good good morning.
Speaker 7: I just wanted to say it's our honor to speak to Steve Saxon was one of my my IDOL players when I was growing up in La.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 7: I've been all over the country, all over the world. I followed this team since as I could remember. I've watched them in Washington, Arlington, Houston, Arizona, San Diego, New York. I mean, this team is amazing. The last time they won in twenty two, I was sitting in a barish room in camp Fuji watching on two TVs talking to my family on FaceTime, but this time was special. I had my two girls, my wife. We celebrated in my in my living room here in California.
Speaker 4: I just saw.
Speaker 7: I can't believe that they won last night. I am so happy. It just means so much to me. Gentlemen, I love the Dodgers. I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 1: Awesome, thank you for your service. Ozmind appreciated man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, Osmond hearing his voice, Tim, Yeah, absolutely, thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: It means a lot for so many different people, and it means a lot for different reasons, which is so cool to see. We're a diverse society. Their community comes from different walks of life and different backgrounds. But the one thing that can bring everybody together, especially in these these weird times that we live in, is Dodgers Baseball and a World Series championship. And whether you're hugging and high fiving the guy next to you at a game, or are celebrating out and about safely, of course, after a Dodgers World Series win, it brings everybody together for one common reason, and for a good reason, and at least for a temporary time, everybody can get along and at least celebrate one thing in common, which is so cool to see.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that. With all the problems in this country today, like you said, baseball just brings it together three hours. I don't want to hear about this. I don't hear about that. No politics, Let's just all go have a good time. That's what other thing can bring people together like that. Now, not thing can sports can A football game can? Baseball can certainly, And it's it's just a wonderful thing. That's why it never gets old. It's like looking at a beautiful sky in the morning. It never gets old.
Speaker 1: It's a thread that will connect generations, families together, friends together forever. Yes, your grandparents become Dodger fans, and maybe mom and dad become a Dodger fan, or because of Fernando and Alezuela. A young kid becomes a Dodger fan because he's watching Sax and Gibson and Oral Herscheizer in eighty eight, and that starts a fandom in that one family, and now their kids are growing up watching the twenty twenty four Dodgers win a World Series. It just gets passed on and passed on and to hear these cool stories, and I just love hearing from different people from different parts of Southern California to hear the emotions talk about, you know, people who are no longer with them to their young kids and what it means to them now being older in life and be able to experience it differently, rather than being a seven year old or a ten year old at the time of the last championship. Now they get to enjoy it as an adult and see it from a different perspective.
Speaker 3: Yes, after you said it, right, Tim, You know what else is really cool? Baseball has survived so many things. Strikes, lockouts, earthquakes, tornadoes, I mean, you name it. It survived all of it, even in time like down when World War two, Okay, when they elected not to shut baseball down, they said, no, let's just keep baseball going because it's a great escape for people. Knowing that, you know, they're some very people, some people very much close to them, lose their lives in the war and whatever, we gotta keep baseball open because it's a wonderful escape, at least for three hours for people to go and enjoy a ballgame. And that's the magic that baseball brings to this well said.
Speaker 1: Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Will take a break, we'll come back. We got full phone lines, and we're gonna hear from all of you all morning long as we celebrate at twenty twenty twenty four World Series Championship, the Dodgers beating the Yankees last night in five games in the Bronx, coming back and winning at seven to six in Game five, and bringing home an eighth World Series Championship to Los Angeles. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Come back more of your phone calls, we'll give him. Continue to give you all the details on the parade and celebration at Dodgers Stadium. Is a ticket at celebration inside the ravine, the parade open into whoever wants to come out and see their favorite Dodger and celebrate. The parade route, which we'll start at eleven am tomorrow at City Hall, wind its way through downtown and then of course the celebration at Dodger Stadium. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Thanks for being with us this morning as we all celebrate together safely, of course, right here at ANFI seventy LA Sports, Sax and Kates in the am. Here on an FI seventy LA Sports, your home of the World Series champion LA Dodgers, who defeat the New York Yankees in five games of the twenty twenty four World Series, a comfort behind seven to six victory last night, closed out by Walker Buehler, who struck out Alex Vdugo to end the game last night, as the Dodgers were down five to nothing, come back and tie with the five run fifth. They were down six to five when they scored two runs to take the lead, and those two runs coming in the top half of the eighth inning. Blake trining, what can you say about what the job he did last night? Two and a third innings, no runs, three punchouts, got out of a jam in the eighth inning, and then Walker Bueller closes it up in the ninth inning. As the Dodgers get the win over the Yankees last night, and the Yankees got.
Speaker 3: Some rebuilding to do.
Speaker 1: Aaron Boone certainly was disappointed after the game last night. They got a lot of decisions to make. The Dodgers will have some decisions to make when free agency starts.
Speaker 3: But certainly not a lot of decisions.
Speaker 1: Those decisions were made last offseason with the signing of Sho hey O Tani, who Saxy didn't have the greatest of World Series. Let's just be honest. The shoulder was bothering him. He was zero for four last night. He had just two hits in the Fall Classic. And it says a lot about this Dodgers team not just built around one guy. They can beat the Yankees in five games because of everybody on this team.
Speaker 3: No question. I mean, you know, you talk about the bottom of the order was phenomenal for the Dodgers. They just did it all all series long. And you know about show Hey, you can to me it just you know, when runners are on base and they have to come in the strike zone, watch out when there's nobody on base. He has a tendency to go out and just try to do too much because he wants to do so much, you know, and that's just that's a mark of a great player. I think the very simple thing for him just tighten up the zone. That's it. I mean, you know what we all have done it, I mean, stretching out too far and trying to do too much. But you know when they come in the strike zone, he is just so dangerous. So I think that's just the bottom line for him, just to tighten up the zone a bit. And he's you know, he's remarkable.
Speaker 1: Let's go back out to the phones as we want to celebrate with you this Thursday morning. Dodger fans, where were you? How did you celebrate? What does it mean to you to see the Dodgers bring home and a World Series championship? Anthony and Ontario has been waiting patiently. Anthony, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 4: What's up boy?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Are you guys doing good things?
Speaker 5: No, dude, I was.
Speaker 8: I was in my room.
Speaker 4: I was watching the final out just to see Walker Beer close it out. It's awesome, especially since he was there in the twenty twenty World Series.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Then I just have to as a picture of myself.
Speaker 7: I got to give credit to.
Speaker 4: This bullpen, dude, the resilience of what they did, especially with only two guants, three guaranteed starting pitchers Julier Flerity Yamamoto. They all pitch good, but then that bullpen being able to come in clean them up, and then especially what was it in like the thirty something consecutive innings without a run versus the Padres.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know it's just what they're able to do to come back and help us. And in the World Series those last few games they get kind of getting shaky as well, training going three games consecutively giving a run after not giving up any runs. But to see him bear down yesterday to get the job done so that we could go into the Nins given in Walker Buliers chance on only two days rest is absolutely insane. It just shows a lot how we've always been that comeback team. We've always been looked down upon because, oh, we have the money, we just buy the superstars. And then you can see it with show, Hey, he didn't do so much. I mean I get it because he had his shoulder problem, but you know, it takes away to what people would say. It's like, oh, you won because of Otani. Otani, Like, Otani didn't do so much, and then this team just stuck together and was able to, you know, get those clutch avs, get those clutch hits, and you know, just to help from the Yankees poor defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, Anthony. Thanks for checking in this morning. Thanks for being a part of this celebration. Freddie Freeman wins the MVP of the World Series, and no doubt what he did the four straight games homering, hitting three hundred twelve RBIs that he drives in. It was an epic individual performance for Freddie free But if you had to give out an MVP for the postseason, I give it to the bullpen.
Speaker 3: I give it to the dogs.
Speaker 1: I give it to all those dudes who come out of the gate and ask to do mop up duty, bulk innings, eat innings, come in and get it a tight situation, get out of a jam, come in and be an opener. Whatever their role was, they did it. Didn't ask questions, and all those guys perform when they needed to. And at some point during this postseason, all of them, the dogs in the bullpen, I think are the bull There are the MVPs of the Dodger team in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Well, they were able to strike up, you know, their own their own notoriety. Now their their own importance is going to be taking a big step up. They're going to be known as the dogs from now on. You know, when you win a World Series like this, you have to have some defining moments. Uh. And I think one of the defining moments you can talk about the Dodgers is the ballsy attitude of that bullpen. I gotta tell you when Doc went out there and was, you know, contemplating on the way out, I don't think he knew until he got up to Blake trying him, and he asked him, and he looked in his eyes and Blake trying and told him that he wants it, that he's got it, and he trusted him. That's a ballsy move on Trinon's part and on Dave Roberts' part to go out just trust what he's feeling. That was number one. And then also the ballsy move was about Walker Buehller going down there, putting himself out, I mean, putting his neck out there. He didn't have to go down there, but he did it and said, I'll do whatever you need me to do, and he nailed this thing down. Walker Buehler was not pitching to the hitters. He was attacking the hitters who was being hunted in that situation. Walker was hunting those hitters and that's why they won.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought that up. He didn't have to go out there. He started Game three the World Series and was great. Absolutely, he very easily could have said I'll wait till Game seven. If there's a Game seven to pitch, I'm not gonna pitch it innings sooner, because what I did in Game three should have been enough to get this team to a World Series championship. And oh yeah, what I've done in all these series here in the postseason should speak for itself. And what I've done in the three last World Series that I've pitched twenty eighteen, twenty twenty and now twenty twenty four, in all three game threes should speak for itself. But here he is another example of a team guy wanting to go out there and be a team player because he realized down that bullpen there was landon knack, Brent Honeywell Junior, and Daniel Hudson and Ben Casparius, all for the pitchers who pitched the night before, a lot of innings and a lot of pitches on those arms that were going to be able to go out and his team needed him. I absolutely love that mentality here in twenty twenty four because you don't see it a lot anymore.
Speaker 3: And you talked about yesterday that the Dodgers were punched in the mouth, right yeah, well who was punching back? It was guys like Walker, Bueller and Tryning, putting themselves on the line, not afraid to fail, but embracing the situation. But what I loved about that whole thing. You're in the other team's ballpark. Uh, you've you've mounted this unbelievable comeback. Can you sustain it? Walker Bueller goes out there and hunts those hitters. That is that is stellar right there. He's the one doing the hunting, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: He was fantastic out there in the ninth inn in eight sixty sixth ninety seven, two five seventy. Thanks for being patient, Father Gary in Burbank, who has been blessing us all October long, and the Dodgers delivered with a championship. Father Gary, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 8: Morning, Timothy, Good morning, Steven.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Father Gary.
Speaker 8: And I think that's somewhere back in the archives of the Kits and Sacks Show you can find me saying that I had a prophecy that Freddy Freeman would be MVP of the World Series. So let's dust that off and let's remember that we had some faith. You guys told me that we were going to put these guys. Freddie was going to put these guys on their back and carry them across the finish line. And that's what this man did. What a great testimony. Guys. In eighty eight, I was in high school. I was going bananas. In twenty twenty, couldn't celebrate tomorrow down Venezuela's birthday. Let's get out there and let's show these guys how much we loved them. Because I was at Game seven in twenty seventeen against the Astros, and I can't tell you how much that hurt. Hurt even more to find out that they were banging drums and banging trash cans. But last night, man, the Dodgers came out. They showed heart in that fifth inning. This is what it's all about, man, and you guys are right. Baseball brings the country together. Baseball sports brings people together. That's what it's all about, man, Life, loving each other, being good to each other, enjoying each other's company. And thank you to the Yankees for a great series, to the Padres for pushing us, and to the Mets for making it a little bit scary, but this was our time, guys. Twenty four is the year the Dodgers. Guys, thank you for cumminating me. This whole postseason hopefully won't be told next October, but we'll talk soon.
Speaker 3: All right, There he goes, Father Gary and Burbank and Tim, Father Gary, I mean, how nice would he pointed out, Hey, tomorrow the parade Fernando's birthday? How fit? You can't make it up? I mean, after everything that happened in this story book of a playoffs, Freddy Freeman doing the things he did, I mean, Walker Bueller doing the things he did. I mean, who would ever write down, even on a piece of paper that said Freddy Freeman was going to Homer in his sixth consecutive world series, going back to when he was a member of the Braves. Yeah, you wouldn't have believed it at number one. No, But then to say this is all gonna be culminated in the ending where we're gonna have a parade on Fernando's birthday. Hey, they you would say, you know what, Hollywood's not gonna buy it, throw it out, it's too phony. Nobody's gonna believe it, believe it.
Speaker 1: And then you think of the fifth inning last night and the divine intervention that had to be with Aaron Judge boxing that ball in center field. Never made an air during the regular season, but in Game five of the World Series, he makes an air. The bad throw from Anthony Volpi, the miscommunication from Garrett Cole and Anthony Rizzo on a ball hit off the end of the bat from Mookie Betts that brings in the first run of the game. I mean, something special has to happen, Things have to fall your way, things have to go right in order to open that door, and then you have to take advantage of it. Somebody's got to step through that door, hold it open and let everybody else through. That's what exactly happened last night in that fifth inning with that five run fifth. Pedro and Monrovia, it's been waiting patiently, thanks Pajo. How you doing, buddy, Pegro? Are you running right now?
Speaker 3: What's going on? You a fight?
Speaker 1: Pedro? You okay? Padre's working out, man, We'll put him back on hold.
Speaker 3: Get it. Let get his workout in there. Get a little sweat going.
Speaker 1: Angie in la Is next up on Saxon Kates and am I. Angie Angie. Maybe Angie's enjoying a little breakfast. We'll put her back on hold. Lenny in La Lenny, Welcome to Saxon Kates and am how you doing?
Speaker 3: Lenny? Lenny?
Speaker 1: Hello, Lenny, all right, we will try Joe and Rarson. Joe, Welcome to Saxon Kates and am how you doing? Joe?
Speaker 7: Good morning, fellas, Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, yeah, I was out in.
Speaker 9: I was at home, uh, just watching the game. And uh, early in the broadcast they had said Bueler's in the bullpen, hanging around the bullpen, and he was dressed and ready to go. I said, Man, if things get out of hand, Buehler's coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it had to be the right situation. Joe appreciate the phone call. Sexually. They weren't going to bring him in in a game in which they were losing. It wasn't gonna be a situation. I think unless than they got to the ninth inning and it was tied. Then you go to Walker Bueller because you need him to start eating innings at that point, because he's the last man standing out of that bullpen for the Dodgers, is the only arm left that they can go to But as it worked out, they were able to take the lead in the eighth, And it was so key for Blake trying to get out of the aighth inning in order to make it a clean ninth for Walker Buehler to come in and pitch. It was huge. I mean, you can't say enough with about what Blake Trinon did ask to take the ball in back to back games in this World series, didn't pan out in the second time of that back to back, comes back after a game two performance last night and gives him two plus innings and gets them to the ninth. Is able to bridge that gap and get him to the final three out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were talking about what would what would be a scenario where it was when we talk about all hands on deck, What would it be like for you know, one of the pitchers to get out there. What would it be like for you know, possibly a Walker Builler to you know, to close it down like Oral did when we played Well, we just saw it. That was the exact scenario played out, and he came out and shut it down. I mean, was there a sense of urgency or what when Doc went out and talked to trin And and that set up Walker, of course, and then here we go. This is this is gonna be, this is gonna go down in the ages. This was one of the best World Series I've watched, and this is the best Dodger team I've ever seen, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that says a lot. You've seen a lot of Dodger baseball and to see this group do what this did they did this year to call him the best ever, Yeah, pretty darn impressed, no question. Let's go to Nadia in a wittiear who's been waiting patiently on this Thursday morning as we celebrate a World Series championship.
Speaker 10: Hi, good morning, It's an honor to talk to you. I'm a big fan. I watched you and I was a little bitty and we were just so excited yesterday, so much emotion. I was on my knees crying. We've just been through so much. It was a roller coaster ride for us. But we're so so happy. The city deserves it. We did it for Fernando and Vin and Tommy who are watching over us in Dodger of Blue Heaven. So we're just so happy. We're just so so happy with this win and the city deserves it, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Nadia, appreciate it, Hodia.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a day of celebration tomorrow in downtown LA. And I'm getting text messages from people asking me about tickets to Dodger Stadium and the ticket celebration tomorrow. And I don't have the answer for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was in fourth grade with you, remember, I know, I know, I know, I remember you a little Stevie. But I don't have tickets to the celebration.
Speaker 3: I remember those things. We we we we were in fourth grade together.
Speaker 1: Hey, good to talk to you. It's been a while. Hope you're well.
Speaker 3: Hey, can you know what you're going to ask? When they say, I know this is gonna sound a little Oh okay, I what do you have?
Speaker 1: Six? Can you get me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Four?
Speaker 1: I'll leave two at home. Can you get me four?
Speaker 3: And then you reluctantly okay, I can get you. I can. I can get you a ticket. I can get your ticket. You know, I shut it down. How many you need? Well, let's see my neighbors and my great uncle's uncle's friends. Insurance agent wants to go. Can you get twelve?
Speaker 5: Ye?
Speaker 3: Remember those days? Really?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 3: You know when sixteen is that it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just leave me, Just leave me the number here. We'll get you in unbelievable. The tickets have not been announced if they'll be on sale or if they're giving them away. I have no idea, So everybody who's texting me right now, uh, I don't know. It'll be a ticket at celebration starting after noon tomorrow. Again, you can go one or the other. There's probably most likely won't be able to go to both with the traffic and the way the situation will be. But they'll have it on the JumboTron and done Dodger vision inside on the scoreboards to be able to watch the parade coverage. If you're going to the stadium, there'll be food and merchandise vendors there at parking gates at the stadium will open up at eight thirty in the morning. Ticket at attendees will be allowed to enter the stadium at nine am. Our coverage here on a FI seventy LA Sports will begin at nine to thirty tomorrow morning. We'll have David Vassey on some of the buses walking around. We'll have Kirsten Watson on a bus giving us coverage on the parade route that starts at City Hall on Spring Streets. They will make its way to First Street, Grand Avenue and end at Fifth Street and flour for a mile long stretch of the Dodgers parade route.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: You can be a part of it in the streets of downtown him.
Speaker 3: Would you predict how many people on Dodgers Stadium tomorrows?
Speaker 1: In the stadium, I expect inside the stadium will be fifty fifty two thousand sold out. Two even the suits will be back tomorrow. And I think another game, Yeah, absolutely, And I think on the streets tomorrow, you're talking about a half a million, hundred thousand. Beautiful man, We'll be on the streets of LA for the prey tomorrow presented by Yatcult, the probiotic Drink of the Dodgers. We'll come back more of your phone calls. He is Steve Sacks, I'm Tim Kats. We're celebrating on this Thursday morning with you day seventy LA Sports. It's Sax and Kates in the am here on AI seventy LA Sports, your home of the twenty twenty four World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers sounds pretty good. I get used to that sounds unbelievable. All off season you're a home of the World Series champion Dodgers. All next year you're a home of the defending World Series champion Dodgers. It's gonna be a fun three hundred and sixty five days until the next time around.
Speaker 3: So what's what's next for h For Timmy? What are you gonna do? I mean, I mean, look, this is this is This envelops a lot of your life, right, It's a lot of your emotions. It does what you're doing the next day. It has offshoots of other things you do.
Speaker 1: So what do you think I transition, which I've already started doing into football mode working on the Raiders broadcast that started back in August with trade with training camp in three preseason games, and then kicking.
Speaker 3: Off this season.
Speaker 1: We're going into Week nine of the NFL this Sunday. I mean it kicks off I guess tonight with the Thursday night game with the Jets taking on I forever to forgot who they were employing. But nine nine, we're at the halfway point of the season in the NFL, and the World Series just ended last night.
Speaker 3: To me, that's crazy. It is halfway gone. Yeah, and Tim, I was going to try to, you know, kind of spring this on our listeners, but I'll just say it right now, Okay, I just you know, I think that doesn't have to be now. But we only have like a little over an hour left. And you know, Scam, which is you know, becoming a staple as far as I'm concerned, and you know our lives and you know, everywhere I went in LA, people say, man, you sent the video. You saw the videos I sent you? Oh yeah, it was awesome. People would just come up and say, hey, I listened to you and Kate's I love Scam. So I think we should have some vigil kind of music, you know, at the very end, maybe to say goodbye to Scam. Absolutely, you know, until until we meet again. Absolutely, and it's going to be sad. But I know Dan Patrick's probably saying, get the hell out of here. But oh yeah, you know what I mean. But but but until we you know, until we meet again, we can, uh, we can just say we had fun and let it be at that, you know what I mean, But we need we need to do it appropriately with.
Speaker 1: Some with some music, but not now we will do that next hour without a doubt. We will say goodbye as only scam can. You're on a f I seventy l A supports. Thanks should be impatient. All you Dodger fans who are waiting to celebrate with us, We appreciate it. Lenny in La Go ahead, Lenny, Lenny, go ahead, Lenny, Lenny. Do you hear me? We hear you talking, Lenny? Do you hear us? Lenny? All right now I got a chance, Lenny. I'm sorry. We're moving on. Anthony in West Covina, Anthony, good morning, how you doing?
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning?
Speaker 7: How's it going guys?
Speaker 1: Fantastic? Where were you watching and listening last night? How excited are you for another World Series championship?
Speaker 3: Anthony?
Speaker 11: I was actually at work. We weren't getting much work done, but we were watching the game, and man, I just real quick. I was there in twenty seventeen when we lost to the ass Rods in Game seven, and how heartbreaking that was the whole stadium, man, grown man, crying and silent. You can hear a pin drop in that place. And then to lose the next year to the Red Sox and the Royal Series, and then to not get any credit for the twenty twenty championship. And you know, just to see Kershaw and Roberts out there and everybody always second guests in Roberts and questioning Kershaw's greatness, and to see them happy and celebrating. Man, it was awesome to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt, I'm glad you brought Clayton Kershaw's name, Anthony, and thanks for the phone call. Not being on the postseason roster, we kind of wondered, what will his role be, What will we see and here from Clayton Kershaw this October during this run. And I give him a lot of credit, Saxy. He's the leader of this team. He's the veteran of this team. He's going now seventeen years in the big leagues with the Dodgers. It's gonna be a Hall of Famer. He very easily could have just still been out the forefront.
Speaker 3: This is my team. I'm the guy. I'm gonna be out there speaking all the time.
Speaker 1: He very quietly just sort of faded away a little bit and let the guys who are performing day in and day out, the guy's going in and pitching, he let them get pushed to the front and said, I am not part of this team right now during this run. I'm here, I am technically a part of the team, but I'm not producing. I'm not playing. Let these guys get the shine. Let these guys get the attention. That says a lot about a guy who's considered one of the greatest ever to do.
Speaker 3: It, first ballot Hall of Famer and a lot of respects, not just as a player, but what kind of person he is Number one, number two. He was working but behind the scenes invaluable types of work, where he's talking to players, he's being an example. He's there and available, and those things are huge for a team. Now, he wasn't out there and you know, starring on the mound, but he was helping behind the scenes. I think if you ask any of those pitchers, including Walker Buehler, do you think Clayton Kershaw has had any effect on the fact that you were able to go out there perform like he did tonight. I will bet you my house that you're gonna get a great big of course, a giant affirmative of you know, he's been a big, big mark on my career and by watching him, talking to him, looking at his example no question, that's what he brings to the table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, without a doubt, He's been a huge factor with these young pitchers who even when Clayton Kershaw during the season was healthy, you would hear the river Ryan's and the land and knacks and the image sheans say, Yeah, I find myself down there watching his bullpen sessions, watching how he does his in between start routines. There you go, What does he do on a Tuesday in preparation for his next start on a Friday? What does he do on a Wednesday? How much does he run? How much does he throw? How much does he what time does he get to the ballpark? How much before first pitches? He dialed in in skyting reports, all those little things. They're just sitting there watching, absorbing like sponges.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no doubt. And all Doc has to do is say, all this pitching staff, you know, starters, relievers, watch that guy, watch number twenty two. That's all you gotta that's all he's got to do, and that's taken care of. Just do what he does and you're gonna be great. I mean, and that's that's it. That's I mean, you have to have him in the organization. When he decides to retire, he's got to be a part of this organization. He's he's too good to just not have him there anymore. Yeah, you gotta have that guy there.
Speaker 1: You got to have him like Sandy, I think even more so. I mean, he's gonna want to step away and spend time with his young kids, which is great, But to have him back in spring training, to have him in like a Sandy Kofax did when you guys were at Vero Beach and the Don Drysdale's and the Dodger great to come back and mentor and and kind of pour into the young players in spring training and then come back throughout the season and maybe he goes as a roving instructor to help out the minor league pitchers at the different levels. I see that as a role for him, you know. Yeah, probably not at every day being out there as a pitching coach or around the ballpark every day. But I can certainly see Clayton Kershaw wanted to invest in young kids that are in this system.
Speaker 3: And it wouldn't be for any other reason than he wants to do it. That he loves it, and he loves the players and he wants to help. He certainly doesn't need the money. He's not gonna do it for that. He's gonna do it because he loves the game, and that's coming from a pure sense. Here we go and this just boom boom, Saxon Kate to the AM.
Speaker 1: One more hour to go. As the clock winds down on Saxon k to the A. What a magical run it's been here in twenty twenty four, A deep run into October. We start in October fourth, make our way to Halloween here on this October thirty first, as we get ready to flip the calendar in November tomorrow will be a day of celebration. More on that in the parade coming up. Your phone call is the final hour. Thanks for being with us, Saxon kateson AM here on your home of the twenty twenty four World Series Champion LA Dodgers