Speaker 1: You're watching Chewing the Cud.
Speaker 2: We've missed Kinsman and White Bening Room. And I said, well, just because you keep saying D ten doesn't mean A know what you're talking about. Hello, I'll welcome to Chewing the Cud. This week I'm joined by the old old, old, old old friend.
Speaker 1: Misst Hello, not so much of the old. Thank you, I can't help time. What have you got for us this week?
Speaker 3: Well, this week I'm talking about Sam Smith's latest venture.
Speaker 4: And then we have a game to play in our Game of the Week.
Speaker 2: And that's before we find out what mist has been up to in his extracurricular activities. But on screen now you can see our social media info. Just search for at the Cud TV.
Speaker 3: And as people who've popped up in our meant to go along the bottom of the screen, it's time for Mike in the buzz.
Speaker 4: Pooping moving poop.
Speaker 1: One of your favorite activity is to do when.
Speaker 4: You're on your own, isn't it. There's nothing wrong with a good satisfying poop, correct.
Speaker 2: As long as you're at home or in a toilet. Unlike the time see anyway, have.
Speaker 1: You ever done a ghost poop?
Speaker 4: A ghost pool? Ghost pool isn't that just another name for a part, No.
Speaker 1: That's a fart.
Speaker 2: A ghost pool is when you go to the toilet, you have a pool, and then you go to wipe a look down because you always have a look.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not there, yes, and it's usually a very satisfying, a.
Speaker 2: Good noise, and they say you look, dad, it's gone ghost poop. Well, a doctor has confirmed that a ghost poop is a very good thing, right, because it proves that your diet is good. Okay, you're well hydrated, okay, right, and you are expelling it the right velocity.
Speaker 4: Right like a cannon.
Speaker 2: But if it's if it's too quick, it doesn't go disappear, it goes everywhere.
Speaker 1: It explodes, right.
Speaker 2: If it's too much hard work, it just kind of takes forever to go down. If it disappears around the U bend, it's got a good weight, a good consistency, a good about of water in it, so it's just disappearing.
Speaker 4: Itself like a bob slating.
Speaker 1: Like a bob slate, that's a poor pool.
Speaker 2: So that when I thought I found out that a ghost pool was a good thing, right, and why it's a good thing, I was quite proud of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you have, I have a sufficient number of ghost poops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have. I have the occasional ghost poop. The occasional ghost poop, occasional ghost poo. Fiber about to say, usually I find I have them the day after an enjoyable evening.
Speaker 1: A comfort is not a ghost no no, no, no, no no, no.
Speaker 3: Substantially after butil was, the capacity is still there?
Speaker 4: Shall we say? Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, so when you when you're still fully lubed.
Speaker 3: No no, not still fully lubed, but the space, the accommodating space when you're gappy, when you're gappy.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Celebrities in food stuffs is where we're moving to.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm slightly encroaching on your territory here, slightly.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Have you ever witnessed a celebrity in the food stuff?
Speaker 4: A celebrity and it like when you see the images of Christ Jesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've seen steak Trump recently, Steak Trump, Steak Trump, Yeah, just a steak. The looks of the shape of Trump, what fat flobbing, Well, the fatty ridge of it was like his bufont hair and like the outline of his face.
Speaker 2: And yeah, witness I think in personal life or is that something just a picture of a picture of Yeah, okay, well this is something a little bit more enjoyable in cake, in cake and cake, all right. This is a man who has found the image of pop superstar and day royalty, the late great Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson, right was his image was founding cake and this is the image that they believe it was. So make a mental note of that. There he is, See there's Michael Jackson cake. Which part of cake that looks like the thing circled. Yeah, I mean, but that's like the remains of a cake.
Speaker 4: That's like very.
Speaker 1: It's at the end of a cake.
Speaker 4: It is the end.
Speaker 2: They say, this is a brand new, shiny cake that's not been touched by human mouth thould like.
Speaker 4: To slice through. Like, oh, there he is. This is this is a bout.
Speaker 3: Load of crumbs and cream at the bottom of the black guy's bowl.
Speaker 4: Huh. This is a load of crumbs and cream at the bottom of some of these bowl.
Speaker 1: That's cake's cake crumbs and cream anyway, But there he is. He can quite clear see his eyes and his nose and his mouth, and that's his hair.
Speaker 4: At the top, and is this before or after we went to see the plastics.
Speaker 1: It's definitely an after.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably why you went.
Speaker 1: It's not at all in the shape of a cat, which I saw. Pussy cat.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, I said, the cat, right, Maybe a ghost, yeah, Elvis, all these reasonable ones that you can see.
Speaker 2: You're looking with that, I said, Elvis there, yeah, I can't see Elvis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Elvis. Hair caught in a trap. There's no way out.
Speaker 4: It's a stretch.
Speaker 1: It's a stretch.
Speaker 2: I want to know how much pot is in this cake because it's definitely one of those little bit high I can see.
Speaker 4: Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because it's so far into the devastation of eating that cake.
Speaker 2: It's the devastation of eating a cake. And if you've ever been devastated while eating a cake. Wrong word there, it's wrong word, share it with us at the cod TV and social media. And that brings us to our story of the week. Now, have you ever a cake?
Speaker 1: No, because we know the answer is yes, right, not denying it if we see this, not saying this, Okay, do you have any phobias?
Speaker 4: Not really, really really, I.
Speaker 3: Don't like them, but I'm not scared of them. I can put a glass on one and throw it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, it kills them, murderer.
Speaker 2: So this is a story about someone that was triggered by chocolate and realizing that they have a phobia that's triggered by chocolate. Okay, okay, and basically patterns in things all right, Now, this is.
Speaker 1: Triptophobia, okay, which is the phobia of holes and patterns.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, what's happened with chocolate is that? So it's a Reese's peanut butter cup that's bloomed. So if chocolate gets hot and cold repeatedly, right, it starts to get this foam on it, right cold bloo, which is where the.
Speaker 3: Fat like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It raised, it crystallizes and causes a pattern.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: This can also happen in caramels. And that's what's happened here.
Speaker 4: Okay, it looks it looks like a.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look it doesn't look.
Speaker 4: Tasty, calcified, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: So as it's basically got hot and cold, the sugar crystals have crystallize at the.
Speaker 1: Top and become a pattern. Okay, okay, Now it's all a trip of phobia.
Speaker 2: Was triggered by that, right, can't cope with that, can't cope with patterns, right, and it's a genuine medical thing.
Speaker 3: Right, so whenever they see somebody in a Paisley shirt they scream.
Speaker 1: And run away.
Speaker 2: They can be really triggered by that smoke. It's more reoccurring natural patterns that has the problem. Okay, the advice GP has come back with, what do you think that is best way of dealing with this?
Speaker 4: Stick it in your mouth. You won't see it.
Speaker 1: Eat the chocolate soon as your cancler. It doesn't bloom. So if you buy chocolate, just eat it.
Speaker 2: So which I always brilliant advice, A right, and advice mister has already been living back.
Speaker 3: I've lost about five pounds. I mean that's from the flu.
Speaker 4: But still.
Speaker 2: You have a hangover and it's the flu, right, not denying it, not denying it, okay, But these things happening in like medical conditions as well. So I mean if you haven't look it can even happen on your own person. Oh oh oh no, that's the skin condition that I can't look at. Oh where your skin raises and causes digital holes.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can can take that off the screen. Now, but that's trip.
Speaker 4: That's like, that's like one of the monsters in D and D.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's worse. It's just awful.
Speaker 2: That's what that feeling that we both just had is what people see when they see these patterns.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing, like when you said, have you got any favories like most of the common ones, Like, yeah, I'm a little bit scared of spiders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm scared of falling from heights. Yeah, I'm scared of this, that and the other.
Speaker 3: But in a reasonable way I can get over it. It's not like a full yeah. But when anybody you see something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that that reaction is what people would see when they see any of those patterns.
Speaker 4: Oh right.
Speaker 2: So so when you see those those small holes in people's hands and things.
Speaker 3: I'm not looking Oh no, gallery, behave yourselves.
Speaker 2: Because the gallery are evil. Right, they keep looking at it, going I'm all right with that, right.
Speaker 4: That's because their soul as people.
Speaker 2: Well you see one of them is still tatting away. The other one is being very quiet, so I believe they're throwing up. You're right there, Paul, dead loss salent. Not good, not good, Right, That's what happens with people phobia. But that's all from the buzz this week.
Speaker 4: Thanks for that, Mike. It's truly horrific.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about truly horrific things coming after this short break, Miss brings us celebrity news and showbies. Welcome back to you in the cud.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for Miss to put away his porn on his tablet as he brings us the celebrity news in showbiz.
Speaker 3: Are you a fan of the series The Traders.
Speaker 4: No, you don't enjoy The Trades and not watched it. Oh it's so good.
Speaker 2: People telling me how addictive it isn't like, oh no, wait, you've got to watch it. You've got to watch it all.
Speaker 3: It is massively addictive. And it was a sleeper hit a couple of Christmas is back sleeper heait, well, yeah.
Speaker 1: It was Sally when someone blows cocope.
Speaker 3: No, it's one of those show that you don't know what it's really about. Maybe isn't advertised very well or given much prominence, and then suddenly everybody is talking about it.
Speaker 4: It just grew on. You had a very very weird release schedule.
Speaker 3: It was like three episodes and then a whole week without another episode. It is very very but it was very much binge worthy TV, so you just you wanted another one as soon as you could get hold of it. It's a wonderfully fun show. They've just got a lot of contestants into an old castle into Scotland. Some of them are marked out as traitors, but they don't know who's who. They have various different adventures during the day is team challenges to earn up very money, etc. And the traders meet at night and decide who to kill off. And then every day everybody gets around the table and tries to figure out who the traders are. It's a very simple format, it works really well. And it's hosted in the UK by Claudia Winkleman. Okay, very very fun show. But there's also an Australian version that's very fun and US version which is more fifty percent competitors fifty cent celebrities just mixed in like reality TV stars, and that is in the same Scottish castle, but that's hosted by Alan Cumming.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like Alan coming.
Speaker 4: He's really fun.
Speaker 1: I've loved him since he was in the High Life.
Speaker 4: I love that's it come really hard to get hold of Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't give you a copy. That's paracy, that's illegal, but you can lend it. I could.
Speaker 4: I choose not to, So Alan Cony.
Speaker 3: Just choose choose up the scene with presenting this And as I said, with this version, there are celebrities in it. This is the third season that's come up, and we've not even seen the second season yet. Okay, but the casting for the third season is already out and it includes Bob drag Queen, the Drag Queen. Yeah, Bob the Drag Queen is going to be in it. We absolutely love her.
Speaker 1: And who's the old man?
Speaker 3: Well, the old man one of ours, Okay, we'll see. Okay, I actually did not know this. That is Lord Ivor Mountbatten, second cousin to our King Charles. Yeah, he's the first out member of the game. He's the first out member of the monarchy. Okay, yeah, royal family surely rather than monarchy. Is there a technical difference?
Speaker 2: Yeah, monarchy is the is the ruling people. He's the lord, so he's not one of the rulers. He's a member of the royal family.
Speaker 4: A member of the royal family then, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the first gay Lord though many gay lords before now Lord from Beauley in the calm't place. Lord Montague famously homosexual in the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 4: Yes, but were they out?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Who is outed in the scandal? Oh yeah, you need to watch that nextwork.
Speaker 1: It's really informative.
Speaker 3: I will have to. It's a gay history I'm not aware of. But yes, it's a very very fun show. And you haven't checked it out. I mean we haven't even had a series two of the thing, and that's what one's got peppermint in it. So it's a very enjoyable shop show and when it comes out over here you should enjoy it. Okay, I shall, I shall make note so next Sam Smith, we.
Speaker 1: Love them, you love them, We love them.
Speaker 4: I'm not a big fat like that. Some of the songs I like something.
Speaker 3: But they get a lot of abuse forul no good reason from living.
Speaker 1: Their own life and enjoying themselves and do what they want to do. And that's what I have great respect for them.
Speaker 2: They had a bit of a bump when they lost a lot of weight and they started fat shaming people, right, but you know what they went.
Speaker 1: You know, I was made a mistake.
Speaker 2: I was wrong I've been fat myself or fat again now and it's like a little bit like.
Speaker 4: Being an X smoker though, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is, But they realized they made the mistake, went with it, and they do so much, so much for the community and sharing their experiences and just living their authentic life.
Speaker 1: I think there are a role model for most people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's part of the route of why some people don't like them is because it is a little that there's seeds of preachy seeds are smiley of smog.
Speaker 4: And just being a bit in people's way. But but then.
Speaker 3: Exactly Y minage with the tits and exact exactly I haven't got time for I understand it, but I haven't got haven't.
Speaker 4: I don't align myself with it anyway.
Speaker 3: One of the things that they're doing at the moment, outside of the hit making songs, they're going to start founding a charity called the Pink House, and it's it's there's not much information out there. We're not too sure whether they're creating a physical space, like an actual pink House or something virtual, but they're looking to create a space for the queer community so they can collaborate the artistic, creative, and find a safe space, most predominantly to make sure that there is somewhere that is open and available to anyone who's queer twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: See, and that's what I mean. But they are inspirational because they do stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty sweet.
Speaker 1: I think that's a brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Way of taking your notoriety and your attention from the press.
Speaker 1: There's something really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's off to them.
Speaker 1: So this is a very early thought.
Speaker 3: Then it's yeah, they've started talking about the reason they're calling it the pink House because actually apparently they grew up in a house called the pink House. Okay, I didn't realize that their father was rod Hole and that was the pink windmill. Wasn't it pink? That's the pink windmill? But yeah, Emi for a sibling explain Its quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Back to having a fist up someone Anyway, every episode.
Speaker 3: Moving on, an actress's done quite well for herself. Recently, she's been in a few big hits, Baby Reindeer being the main one that's hitting all the channels and discussions and chat shows at the moment. She's also in the Outlaws, which is quite a fun sitcom that I enjoy. Jessica Cunning she's one of ours. She actually yeah, yeah, yeah, well this is why it's news at the moment she actually came back. She came out in November twenty two.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it a good wow, is definitely enough.
Speaker 4: But she was talking about it recently and she said that.
Speaker 3: Her not coming out was nothing to do with shame or repressing anything. She had lots of gay friends and hung out with gay people and she just didn't think that that was her. Okay, but the moment she realized is just the most amazing thing anyway, And I think a lot of lesbians would would have.
Speaker 4: Be very very jealous about her having the experience.
Speaker 3: Obviously, she's an actress, so she was in a play and the moment that she realized that she might be Kate was when she had to kiss honorary lesbian Kate Blanchett. Okay, I mean, if you were going to have that moment of sexual awakeness, it's a realization moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd have problem doing it every night if it was like when I find you're really attractive now, Like what that's not what the character doesn't know about the morning, final nights, just grab about. I did not know that she was part of the quick community.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, sorry, Well, she said that she always felt different, and that's the feeling that we all understand the no or at least in the days where it's a lot harder.
Speaker 4: But she said she.
Speaker 3: Felt that was more because she was a larger lady, right, And it wasn't until certain experiences and strong and came and haren't you that made her realize, Oh no, it's not the fat thing. It's not being chunky. It's it's it's it's quivering quim.
Speaker 1: She it's me quivering quim.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she had a twitch.
Speaker 1: It's oh, it's not because I'm large, it's because I've got a quivering quim. You need to qualify that with while snogging Kate Blanchett.
Speaker 3: Well, there were other other instances, just like randomly, just like it, sat on the number four bus going you can must be a lesbian me.
Speaker 1: Quim's quivering on the bus.
Speaker 4: You can have you can have a saffic moment on the bus.
Speaker 2: I just I just had this image of two old ladies on the bus with the Raymaxx and a little shopping car.
Speaker 1: Must be lesbian? Why my quims all of a quinn?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: All the things you get your quim quivering?
Speaker 3: Well, you know, don't you always when you get on the bus, hope that you get the seat above the back wheel.
Speaker 1: Now I do, but that's because I've got a vibrator that's diesel powered in his garden again at three in the morning in his bedroom.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't buy electricity because starts flickering like start dimmy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's all from the shows this week.
Speaker 1: Thanks for that, missed. Always nice to think of a quivering quim.
Speaker 2: But stick around because coming up next we have our game of the week.
Speaker 1: You're watching you in They Could, And this week we're going to play Lazy Susan's question Roulette and listen for the man who wants fell off a stage, injured his ankle, and then had to sit there with corn on his leg all weekend. It's missed off your pop, forgot my crutch finding it all week? Haven't you what's falling out? You know?
Speaker 4: Oh oh.
Speaker 1: Of the week.
Speaker 2: So miss is going to spin the lazy Susan. I'm going to ask me a question, right, But for some reason, we're not having movie questions.
Speaker 1: Because someone basically lost them. Are you ready? They're missed?
Speaker 4: I am ready with the lazy Susan of quiz. Yes, lazy Susan question roulette. Well, that that's the game. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for you to start spinning.
Speaker 4: Here we go, movie and movie. We're landing on general knowledge.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see what we've got here. So what is a double decker?
Speaker 1: It's either a bus or a chocolate bar.
Speaker 4: Both would be correct. That was a bit easy.
Speaker 3: Let's let's try something to get a little bit more more complicated.
Speaker 1: I don't know you've asked the question. Now move on.
Speaker 4: Okay, it kicks an easy question.
Speaker 3: That's not my fault, by all right, d DTD no movies, no movies general. Oh, it's general knowledge again. Oh, how strange. Where is the Rosetta Stone?
Speaker 1: Now? Where is it? Where should it be? Or where is it found?
Speaker 4: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Is it currently in the British museum?
Speaker 4: That would be correct, well done?
Speaker 1: Where should it be?
Speaker 4: Probably grease?
Speaker 2: Egyptian museum, Oh, Egyptian Museum, Gyptian museum in cars.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a good argument for obviously getting hold of it. In the first place, was a bit naughty and in keeping hold of it and all that blah blah blah blah. But is it in the best place for it to be maintained now looked after.
Speaker 1: No, it's stolen property.
Speaker 2: It belongs back with the people who own it, not with someone that found it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I can't say you very much on that subject, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: After the show.
Speaker 1: You probably stole it.
Speaker 4: What movies? Not movies? Music? Music?
Speaker 2: Okay, it makes the people come together, it does rhythmically.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, okay, this one's all right.
Speaker 1: Who are a little bit, just a little bit, a little bit more?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not one of those, but I think you will get this one. You have a mention the ball who sang the James Bond theme song for.
Speaker 1: Specter, Specter. That's the one with the thing. It is with the thing. What's it called? You chop it the throne? It changes color? Octopus?
Speaker 4: No, that's octopusy.
Speaker 1: No, the ring had an octopus on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's because that's a symbol.
Speaker 1: Perspector, Sam Smith, that's the one.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 1: It took me a while. I had to go all the way back to Darmond are for hours?
Speaker 4: Did you work your way through them? Chron chronologically?
Speaker 1: Chronologynology, analogy? That means you're a scientist.
Speaker 4: More general knowledge. Here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh, how old was William Pitt's the younger when he became the youngest prime minister in seventeen eighty three?
Speaker 1: Twelve?
Speaker 4: No, double it. You know I can't do maths twenty four. She's very very young, eh, barely?
Speaker 1: Oh, not very very young. It's quite young. Twelve would have been very very young.
Speaker 3: Twelve would have been incredibly young. At least it's a little bit better than the current American system. Let's say that much Oak music music.
Speaker 4: Okay here going on here? Oh? Oh okay.
Speaker 3: Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins featured on the soundtrack of which nineteen eighties movie.
Speaker 1: Too, I'm picturing it now. It's a small Man.
Speaker 3: I would say it's probably the less famous song from that movie.
Speaker 1: It's a small man.
Speaker 4: There is a small man, Yeah, small man, Yeah, very much.
Speaker 2: Then there's a Katie that used to snug Dawson that doesn't snug Dawson anymore.
Speaker 1: Don't marriage to him, but he's not married to her anymore.
Speaker 2: Scientologist Tom t you're absolutely in the right area, top gen.
Speaker 4: That's the one. Well done.
Speaker 1: I just explained how my brain works.
Speaker 4: You're quite good at this.
Speaker 1: Slightly scary, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Well if we give you time to go around the patie that used to snug dows and general knowledge again from Manard right now? Okay, not listening?
Speaker 3: Oh, who wrote Robinson Crusoe?
Speaker 1: An author?
Speaker 4: What is the name of that author? Oops?
Speaker 2: Nos ops is differently, what's the name of the author that wrote Robinson Crusoe?
Speaker 1: Ye? Bob Ross? No, I know it's not Bob Ross. I was saying the words because I can. But it sounds French.
Speaker 4: It does sound French.
Speaker 1: He's not French, but yeah, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: God, it's Daniel Dafoe, Daniel.
Speaker 1: Slightly younger brother.
Speaker 4: Do you think relation of William?
Speaker 1: Like, yes, I do.
Speaker 4: Do you know that for a fact?
Speaker 1: No, I asked, Do I think?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: Music?
Speaker 3: You can tell I'm doing it very very gently, so I don't end up landing on movies which we don't have any questions for, or sport which I hate. Okay, which nineteen fifty three movie does Marilyn Monroe perform the song Diamonds Are a Girl's Best friend.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear the thought process?
Speaker 4: Go on?
Speaker 1: Diamonds are a Girl's best friend? Was covered by Lily Savage when she did argos is a girl's best friend? Mm hmm, because you won't touch your gyro's if you rob those little blue biros, which now doesn't exist because they use pencils. The name of the film might was where she was a hooker.
Speaker 2: Well, she wasn't hooka she was a gold digger, right, She kept trying to marry men on a boat with one of her friends.
Speaker 1: The name of the movie escapes me.
Speaker 4: Oh, the thought process is to let you down.
Speaker 1: No, the thought process is there. Just the name of the movie is just a blank.
Speaker 3: You went round the houses and fell into a colder sack. No, didn't fall into a colder sack. I went there and went, oh, yes, I can't remember the name of the number.
Speaker 4: It's a gentlemen prefer blonde bonds.
Speaker 1: I described the movie correctly.
Speaker 4: Let's see what you do with the next question. Uh, it's general knowledge. Do very far home avoiding sport? Oh, I don't know this not difficult.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I do know that, actually, but it's very easy for me to say when I've got the answers in front of me. Um, did you do oh to my birthday of February list? Okay, this is stupidly easy, but I'll go with a more difficult question. How many inhabitants are how many inhabitants are there in England as of twenty eighteen?
Speaker 2: Thought process incoming strapping, So twenty sixteen, Now I'm twenty twenty eighteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I did let below the line which is where I stopped.
Speaker 1: I live on a pounded day in twenty sixteen, okay, and at that point I know that the population of Manchester was one point two million people.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I counted up all the citizen I got to fourteen million people. Okay, I didn't include all the counties. And this is two years later.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of sex, right, that's two lots of nine months of babies popping out, plus the year before. So I'm going to say sixty two million people?
Speaker 4: No, no, how many? Fifty five point nine eight million?
Speaker 1: So fifty six yeah, And I said how many?
Speaker 4: You said sixty eight right, that's not that many people? Off, Yeah, but it's not.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that's close, but it's not it's not actually that that close. It's not awful, it's not like it's just it's missing the side of the barn, but not by much. It's near the but it's barn adjacent.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't get coconut for it. No, you're not going to, but I get keyring.
Speaker 4: Have we got time for one last question?
Speaker 2: We've got, We've got time for more. Keep going, it's so so keen of finishing this game.
Speaker 4: Oh that's because we just landed on the sport.
Speaker 1: We didn't know that before.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Complete the following football teams Wolverhampton Swans, Now Wanderers, try Mere Park Rovers, Newcastle, Brown United, Plymouth our guy.
Speaker 1: Or stick around because coming up next we look at why Mist has been indisposed recently in Spotlight. Welcome back to cheering the cud.
Speaker 2: Now this is the time when we get to know a little about something that Mist has been doing and keeping a great secret in Spotlight. So I am joined by as usual missed can't go with him a bit like and then I've got somebody to the writers me as well. Hello, Hello, and what who are you?
Speaker 6: And Zoe?
Speaker 4: Hello?
Speaker 7: Zoe, one of the cast members of the Grim Nor the Grim North?
Speaker 1: What's the Grim North?
Speaker 4: So I've had a little side project on the go.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm a massive fan of Dungeons and Dragons.
Speaker 4: It's come up a couple of times on the show.
Speaker 3: And well, we have this wonderful TV studio and the guys in the gallery are the wonderful producers of this show.
Speaker 4: So directors, directors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, technical, but they very very kindly offered to help me with a little project.
Speaker 1: We project.
Speaker 4: Well, Zoe and.
Speaker 3: A few others who are part of this Dungeons and Dragon Society that I was a part of, We've come together and put together an actual play show where we get around the table and play a game of Dungeons and Dragons and just record.
Speaker 4: It for people to see.
Speaker 1: Dungeons and Dragons, not that fetish night we're talking about.
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't. I don't do such kinky things.
Speaker 1: That's a lie, okay. So, and how did you get involved in this, this non fetish night.
Speaker 7: So I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons. We messed for a couple of years.
Speaker 6: Local society.
Speaker 7: So down the road, literally down the road fro where we're filming at Cool So I joined, I think.
Speaker 6: A little bit before Yeah, you big little bit.
Speaker 7: We played handful of games together, and then just over six months ago this came to me said I've got an idea for a project likely to be involved. Before I even said what it was, I was like, cool, Yeah, let's go for it.
Speaker 6: What is it? Dun and dragons, I hope.
Speaker 1: So when he comes up she says I've got an idea. You always be a bit worried.
Speaker 7: Now I've done it, I think I would hesitate next time when he says I've got an.
Speaker 1: Idea from the first time, Well, for people aren't aware of dungeons and dragons and stuff. We have a quick clip of what might be in stopped.
Speaker 8: Guys can make a wisdom, arcarna or nature. Oh so many options, A kind and benevolent. How does a six find your big boy? I can see a little pussy.
Speaker 4: He makes it seem like a threat.
Speaker 6: But what did the cats do to you? Miss hates cats?
Speaker 4: Guys, I have an all powerful god.
Speaker 6: They said this.
Speaker 1: She was a cat from Lee Town and apparently, just like happy old lesbians.
Speaker 2: This person's oh, miss, it's always pole.
Speaker 1: Matter and chemical tangle.
Speaker 6: I don't think we can get away with that.
Speaker 1: I'm a bit spoilt because I've seen that before. Okay, what can people expect from the Grim North?
Speaker 3: Oh well, this is our first season the Crest of Philes, so we're just kind of establishing the Crestophiles.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Basically, it's all set as a parody of modern day Manchester, only with everything you might expect from dungeons, dragons, magic and combat and dragons and monsters and all that kind of in a modern day Manchester, which we call Crest. We've got this lovely group of private investigators trying to solve the problems that the police can't. Okay, so the police aren't very good anyway, Well, it is a loving parody of Manchester.
Speaker 4: We have to be a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a couple of semi cheeky but a little bit on the nose references to the world as it stands.
Speaker 1: At the moment. I do enjoy the game that you have that's referenced in there.
Speaker 4: Two weeks. Two weeks, everybody's crazy for two weeks.
Speaker 6: That was so on the spot.
Speaker 7: That was not pre planned, Plu rehearsed nothing. Elaine just said it and we all went, oh no, that's really funny. But we've got the rest of the shows a film, how breakdown and.
Speaker 3: Laughs these guys through it's absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: So is it very scripted or is it just just talking and playing along.
Speaker 4: It's full of improvisation.
Speaker 3: So I'm the d M for the game, not danger mouse Master or games Master if you prefer.
Speaker 4: So, I've created gm GM.
Speaker 3: So I will create a scenario, a situation, and the character and the players will have their individual characters and their own backstories, et cetera, and they play that through. But how they play it through every time will be different.
Speaker 4: Every time.
Speaker 3: You could run the same scenario a million times, it'll be different every time with different players.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, of course.
Speaker 2: So there's lots of characterization involved and improvisization improvisization word no it.
Speaker 1: Is now Yeah, so tell me a bit about your character.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I play so in terms of like D and D turns, it plays a paladin who is over of the crown.
Speaker 6: What that basically means is it questions? Yeah, what question?
Speaker 7: Paladin is a kind of There're a warrior who's taken an oath basically, so they don't just fight everything. They fight for a cause that they've decided they want to sort of align themselves with.
Speaker 1: Oka a bit like me as do. When they don't have any wangums left, I get a bit angry.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, you could take that up as your oath and be like you as. But my character, her name is Wicker. She is bonn and bred Booths Town, which is our sort of not to Salford. I think it's an old name. Yeah, Salford isn't.
Speaker 3: It's looking at literally the and the council districts for its same one of them is boost Town.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we sort of decided that's where she would be from because the.
Speaker 6: Center of Crestor is not super super populated.
Speaker 7: It's a lot offices and sort of high rise apartments and she can't afford to live in.
Speaker 4: One of those. She is.
Speaker 6: She is a.
Speaker 7: Former podcaster okay, who sort of hung up the headphones when something really awful happened.
Speaker 4: Big crime podcast through crime podcasts.
Speaker 7: Yes, and she had a little bit too close to an answer that was personally involved, so I had to sort of hang up the headphones and mike and leave it behind for a family's sake. Cool and then decided to well was sort of called up by Grimm, the sort of leader of investigations, the guy who set it up took that up as a full time job.
Speaker 2: So a bit Charlie's Angels esque very much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's there's definitely a theme with that. Basically, the whole concept is there's this unseen character ala Wisha scrim And, very much like Charlie and Charlie's Angels, only speaks to them via the phone and there's some very nice phone conversations that happened for him, and they'll give them the missions and send them out.
Speaker 2: Okay, but it's not just it's not just one, it's not Wicker and missed.
Speaker 1: The people there who are the other characters?
Speaker 3: So well, we've got Elaine who plays Oarkeza, who's a cold world which is like a little dragon person and as a character, they're like a working class mom, very very northern, very no nonsense, very about the community and very very funny.
Speaker 6: The most funny, most funny.
Speaker 7: Then you know somebody you I guarantee if you watch the show when you are from Manchester, you know somebody or somebody's mum is Arza. You've met this person. So it's gordeous to watch her to watch her act it out.
Speaker 1: What about all the characters? Who else is in it?
Speaker 7: So we've got Dizzy Ward who's played by Terran. They are a half arc artificer, So they are this genormous half ark woman who is obsessed with tinkering with chemicals and tinctures and alchemy and that kind of thing. She gets into lots of high drinks as well throughout the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Terran's very good at doing describing because there's lots of gadgets and trinkets and mechanics that they do, and they have just beautiful descriptions those kinds of things when they pull those out of that.
Speaker 4: Then we also have.
Speaker 3: Yas who plays a jail who's kind of on this dark, mysterious straw works as a barber but has a secret, delinquent past, a little bit shady. We might find some more about their history as the show goes on. They've all got very interesting histories. But well we might see if we get a season two where we delve into those little bits.
Speaker 2: Exciting, but I'm going back to season one recently launched.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, we're out on YouTube now.
Speaker 2: Exciting, Yes, very exciting, but even more exciting because it was Booze involved.
Speaker 1: I got to go along to your launch night.
Speaker 4: Yes you do.
Speaker 1: We've got a couple of what people thought.
Speaker 9: I actually thought it was amazing. I had no idea of the setting. I was not expected.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I litterally have words. It was Jenny very cool to see it outside with many of them saying this.
Speaker 1: Is wild but awesome and yeah, honestly great, loved it, very funny and can't wait for episode two. Just cracking everyone up, but just Alane's one liners and the timing on those wonderful.
Speaker 3: It was so good.
Speaker 5: It was really funny.
Speaker 1: I was actually quite surprised. That's what we'd like to hear.
Speaker 6: There you go, the crest of files from the Grim North.
Speaker 4: Quite surprising.
Speaker 2: Los like everyone had a really good time. Yeah, that's a really good feedback, and I went there. I'm not a Dungeons of Dragons person.
Speaker 1: It's not for me.
Speaker 2: I've played the game in the past. Was winnable, but it was still a good watch. Ye, I could get up in the narrative something without going away.
Speaker 1: You're rolling a dice. I don't get it right, but you're having that conversation or watching the story unfold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and hopefully there's enough fun in there and it's not like one of the massive shows that can go on like for four hours, and there's good humor and good a good plot going on. Everybody will have to guess who actually have harmed who actually harmed the cats?
Speaker 4: You know exactly what happened to the cat?
Speaker 7: Exactly what happened to the cats. Can you check our much store. There is a shirt on it that says miss hates cats.
Speaker 6: He does. He's a bad man.
Speaker 4: I've done some very horrible things to these players.
Speaker 1: Okay in the story, in the in the playing dungeon drugs, not in real life. He loves pussy.
Speaker 2: Really, right, big fan, big, big fan, you've stolen your neighbors.
Speaker 4: I've not seen them in about five days.
Speaker 1: He's probably gone off of back Home. Right. So it's on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, We've got about six episodes that we've filmed and we're in the processes of editing them, pulling them together, and they'll be releasing one every two weeks over the course of the next three months.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, So, so what dates are we looking at for those to come out?
Speaker 3: Well, the key thing is if you do like it, go onto YouTube, hit subscribe and you'll get notifications when the next one is on. So please like, share, subscribe, get it out there, because if we get enough people liking it and watching it, and that means we get to do more. And I'd really like to do more, because oh, you should know what I've got planned for you in season two.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think you should do as well.
Speaker 7: He's one was a roller coaster, so season two terrifying, terrifying from.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, that's almost the end of the show for now. Just remember join us on our social media at the cod TV. We'll also find a link for the Grim North. But thank you for watching and we'll see you all soon.
Speaker 1: Bye bye