Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to boost your brain power. I'm your host, doctor Eric Kaplan. We're going to talk about the three most important ways to improve your memory to prevent dementia and Alzheimer's. Now, before I even get started on the top three ways, the language we use is very important. So don't go saying, oh, I want to prevent dementia or prevent Alzheimer's or everybody in my family as Alzheimer's. I want to make sure I don't get it. You don't want to speak like that and put the disease in the universe. What you want to do is say, hey, doctor Caplan, I want to improve my memory. I want to boost my brain power. I want to get more oxygen and more blood flow into my neurons. I want to produce more ATP in mitochondri, have more energy, better focus. So talk about it in a positive way. Don't use the negative words. Don't say oh, I don't want to get COVID. Say I want to make my immune system stronger. You say, oh, you know, I don't want my eyes to get bad as I get older. Say I want to improve my vision. Say things in a positive way, and then your brain gets wired that way. To improve your vision, to improve your memory, to improve your energy. Don't say, oh, you know I have all these aches and pains, I'm just getting older. Say I want my body to opt to feel at optimal levels. I want to increase my strength, increase my flexibility, increase my endurance. So talk about things in a positive way. All right, So first, the top three ways to improve your memory. Number one is novelty. You have to do new things. I can't stress this enough. People get stuck in a rut where they're doing the same thing every week. If you do the same thing every week, your brain gets worse and worse. If you do new things every day, your brain gets stronger and stronger. Right, So you could take a new class, right, take a language class. Oh, I want to learn how to speak Mandarin or an instrument. I want to learn how to play the piano, or take a tango lesson with your spouse. So it's fun. You're learning something new, You're being social, getting out of the house, getting some exercise, good for your cardiovascular function. It's a no brainer. So start taking classes, join a book club, you know. Stop just going to work, eating dinner, watching TV. That's the worst thing for your brain. After dinner. What you want to do is go for a walk. You know a lot of people they eat dinner and then they go straight to the couch and wonder why they're so tired after dinner. Go outside and watch the sunset, get some exercise, get some oxygen. That's very important to do, all right, So novelties, new things. Now. Obviously you're not going to learn a new language every night, but do something new every single day. I don't care. You know, try a new game. Oh I've never tried sudoku, or I've never tried the word all or I've never done a crossword puzzle, or I've never played chess, or you know, do something that you've never done. I don't care. If it's just playing solitaire cards, something that you've never done. Learn how to put up a shelf, you know, maybe something productive. Learn how to filter water, Learn how to make a fire, Learn how to change a tire, learn how to put a desk together, learn how to garden, you know, learn something new, and something that's going to benefit you, or just do something new. Brush your teeth with your left hand, something you've never done before. Try and take a pen with your feet and sign your name. That's something you've never done before. You know, take your left shoe off and walk backwards while you know saying the alphabet backwards. It's just something different, something you've never done before. I got millions of exercises. So when patients come to my office, either in New Jersey, New York, or where we do our virtual visits, we give them neurologic exercises, new things that they've never done to boost their brain power, to increase function of their nervous system. It's called neuroplasticity. You can actually rewi your brain to make your brain stronger. I'm like a physical therapist, but for the brain. So instead of doing bicep curls, we're doing brain exercises. And the cool thing is that when you do new exercises, your brain gets stronger and stronger. And I recommend doing the same thing at the gym. Always do new exercises, you know, don't always do the same thing. Oh, Monday, I'm gonna do chest and Tuesday I do legs, and you know, Thursday I do cardio and Friday, you know I take jiu jitsu. Like change it up. Don't always do the same thing every week. You got to change it up. Do new things. Novelty is the most important thing to improving your memory. Challenge yourself. You gotta think outside the box. I don't care what it is. Learn how to sculpt, learn how to paint, learn how to sew, learn how to crochet, learn how to cook. Just do something out of your comfort zone, something new, every single day for the rest of your life. If you want to improve your memory, I want to improve my memory, so I gotta do new things every day. Okay. Number two, the most important thing to improve memory is fuel delivery. There's four ways for fuel delivery. Number one is your food. Your brain needs nutrients, and the way it gets us nutrients is to eat each color of the rainbow, something that's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple, every single day. Do not take multivitamins. Your brain doesn't want multivinins. Your brain doesn't want all these vitamins. You know, I'm so sick of people being on ten vitamins and thinking that's healthy. It's not healthy. Your brain needs food, real food sent the Jetsons where our pills are our food, eat from nature the way we've always done it. Most of these pills are full of impurities, contaminants, fillers, even sugar and food dyes and toxins. Stop taking all these pills. Most of them are really bad. It's not just the medicine that's dangerous. The vitamins and the supplements and the herbs and all this stuff can be very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You don't just take stuff for because it's a multi vitamin, and I don't take stuff for sleep, and stuff for digestion and stuff for your brain. Doesn't work like that. If there are pills that solved all these problems, everyone would just take it and no one would have these problems. There's no pill that's going to cure your disease. I hate to break it to you. You gotta do the work right, and part of that work is just eating a nutritious diet, which is all the colors of the rainbow. That's it. It's that simple. Don't complicate it. You don't have to do pass, you don't have to do keto, you don't have to do atkins. You don't have to be a vegan, you don't have to do it a carnivore diet. Keep it simple, you don't have to count calories, you don't have to do weight watchers. Don't take ozembic and all these pills. You know, these pills, these diabetes medications that people are taking to lose weight are very dangerous. What they don't tell you is that when you lose weight the natural way through just proper nutrition, stress reduction, intermittent fasting, drinking water before your meal, not having any of the white foods. So if you just do it the natural way, you know, through diet and exercise, you lose eighty percent bat and twenty percent muscle. You do it the right way through nutrition and exercise, you lose eighty percent fat muscle. If you do it through the medication mic gozembic and the diabetes medication, you lose eighty percent muscle and twenty percent fat. So you're actually just becoming weaker. Your bones are becoming weaker, your muscles are becoming weaker. Your heart's a muscle. Your heart's becoming weaker. You're intestine your gastrointestino's track around muscles. Your gi system all becomes weaker, your brain becomes weaker. Stop taking that medication. It's dangerous. They don't tell you that. It might feel good, you might lose weight, might look good, but internally it's destroying you, all right. So all you have to do is eat the colors of the rainbow and avoid the white foods. The sugar, the bread, the flour, the noodles, the rice, the potatoes, the crackers, the oatmeal, the cereal, the dairy, the cream, cheese, the yogurt, the sour cream, all the white foods. Avoid the white foods and eat all the colorful foods. That's your food for part of your four parts of the fuel delivery. The second part of fuel delivery is oxygen. Oxygen. It's free. You just got to go outside. Being inside so much, you got to get outside and move your body. That's how you get more oxygen. Go near trees. One tree gives enough oxygen for five people. So be as much in nature as possible. Go to the forest, Go to the woods, go to the jungle, go to the parks, go where all the trees are and start doing some breathing exercise. The best breathing exercise to increase your oxygen levels is to inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, and exhale for eight seconds. When you inhale, push your diaphragm down and out, and when you x bring it up and in. Make sure you focus on your posture. It's harder to breathe when your shoulders are rolled in and your chin is down towards your chest, so keep your chin up and your shoulders back and breathe from your diaphragm, not from your neck and shoulders. That's the proper way to breathe. And do this outside in an area where there's lots of trees. Inside there are certain plants you could get to purify your air and to increase your oxygen levels inside your house or apartment. The four most oxygen producing plants are money plants, snake plants, spider plants, and aloba plants, so you can have those and keep them together. Plants are social, so they like to be around other plants as well. The third most important thing for fuel delivery is the sun, so you got to go outside twenty minutes a day minimum. Try and do ten minutes at least sunrise ten minutes sunset, and you get an extra ten in the middle of the day where the sun's strongest. So just try and get that extra ten minutes as well. But minimum everybody could do this ten minutes sunrise, ten minutes sunset, and if you can do it in the middle of the day, that's the best time to get your sunlight. Roll up your sleeves, take off your glasses. The sun has to touch the eyes, all right. The fourth is water. You're supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces, so if you weigh one hundred and twenty pounds, you got to drink sixty ounces, and you want to drink it first thing in the morning, a half hour before breakfast, a half hour before lunch, half hour before dinner, and then at night. You always want to drink your water on an empty stomach. You want to put some salt in their Celtic salt is good, or pink a Maley salt and then squeeze some lemon for flavor. But always drink on an empty stomach, don't drink with food, and then add the salt to help with the absorption, because you don't want to just drink water and then pee it out, so we need to absorb it. So that's why you add the salt. Those are the four ways to increase fuel delivery to your brain. And the last important thing to improve brain function is activations. Making your brain work. So try and memorize. Stop using Google and YouTube. Memorize phone numbers, Memorize your grocery lists, memorize directions, memorize addresses, memorize names. Challenge yourself, don't look it up, make your brain work. Do it the hard way, all right, don't take the easy way out. If you want your brain to improve memory, you got to challenge it. So those are the three most important ways to improve your memory. You function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve, call two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're going to talk about ways to reduce anxiety and stress. This is an epidemic right now. I've never seen so much anxiety in my offices in New Jersey, New York. Virtually all around the world people are anxious, but especially in the Tri state area New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania. A lot of stress up here in the Northeast. There's a lot of people that have increased cortisol levels, increase a dreamal gland function, they have Taca cardi. Their heart's beaten so fast, they're getting panicked, they worry so much, they get ADHD. Mind's raising a million miles an hour. There's so much sleep app Now people can't even rest at night. We gotta calm down the brains. The brain's overactive. Just like you would train a muscle that is weak, you would exercise it by doing weightlifting exercises. You could actually strengthen weak areas of your brain. By doing brain exercises, it's called neuroplasticity. You can actually rewire your brain. We need to do this every day. People brush their teeth every day, they wash their hands every day, they shower every day, but they don't do brain exercises every day. We need to change that because there's nothing more important than your brain. And if you want to reduce stress and anxiety, you have to activate your brain, specifically a part of your brain called your parasympathetic nervous system. If you have a lot of anxiety and panic and worry and stress, you can have what's called increase sympathetic tone, where the brain is in the fight or flight mode, the stress mode, and we want to get it into more relaxed rest and digest So people who have trouble with sleep, digestion, menstruation, bladder function, respiration circulation, all thosations, they usually have an issue with their autonomic nervous system. And there's four nerves that will relax your nervous system and get you out of stress. Number one has to do with the eyes, Number two has to do with the face, Number three has to do with the tongue, and number four is called your vagus nerve. There are ways to stimulate the vegus nerve that you could do at home. For example, gargling really loud will increase sympathetic will increase the parasympathetic nervous cessm, thereby inhibiting the sympathetic nervous system and getting you out of stress mode. And what you would do is gargle really intensely loud, wake up your neighbors, and you do it for thirty seconds minimum, three times a day. I like to do it just part of my routine. When I brush my teeth, I do the gargling. When I'm in the shower, I do the gargling. When I'm brushing my teeth a night, I do the gargling. So it's not even an added part of my day, It's just part of my daily routine. You gotta get in these good habits, and you gotta do it for twenty one straight days for your brain to get rewired and for these signals to actually change in a good way. Another thing that might activate your vagus nerve is the gag reflex. But if you have a history of eating disorder bolimia, even at a rexia, anything like that, do not do this. But the gag reflex has been proven through neuroscience, and all doctors learn this in school that the gag reaflets elicits these crane nerves nine and ten which are linked to this power sympathetic nervous system. This isn't rocket science, this is neurology one on one. But we just got to use the knowledge we have to stimulate these weak areas of the brain. So that gets you out of stress mode. So if you have stress mode, you could gargle, you could gag. You can just even do a nice big swallow, get a bunch of salive on your tongue and a big swallow, so you hear a sound there, and that means you're activating those nerves. What's going to relax your nervous system. Another thing that will calm your nervous system down, especially if your your heart's beating really fast and you get a little worried and panic is cold water on the face. Splash your face with cold water, and that's another way to relax your nervous system. Because you're overheated, you're on fire. We gotta cool you down. Cold water on the face. The neruroscience has showed up bucket of cold water. Ice water fifty degrees fahrenheit will actually bring down tachycardia, which is an increase in pulse rate. If you can feel your heart beating really fast, it's time for cold water on your face. These are neurologic exercises to rewire your brain to increase input into your parasympathetic nervous system, which is going to relax your brain and get you out of stress mode, thereby decreasing cortisol and increasing energy and making your sleep more efficient. Now, other things that can help with anxiety is intermittent fasting. And what intermittent fasting is is where you eat from ten am to six pm because you don't want to eat at night. You want at least four hours from your last meal to your bedtime. So if you eat from ten am to six pm and you go to bed at ten pm, that's perfect because you're not eating from six pm to ten pmner mint and fasting where you only eat eight hours during the day and you fast sixteen hours during the night. Now also intermittent fasting should be electronics, meaning after six pm, go outside for walk after dinner. It's always good to go outside for walk after dinner. Don't go sitting on the couch watching TV. That's the worst thing you could do for your health. After dinner, you go outside, go for a nice walk. I don't care if it's just a walk around the block one time, but that aids with digestion, helps with energy. You go outside, so your brain seeds that the sun's going down and it's time to relax and chill. And it's gonna increase melatonin. It's gonna decrease cordosol. But if it's eight o'clock at night, you're eating dinner, the TV's on, the computers on, you're looking at your cell phone, the iPads on, all the lights are bright. Your brain is gonna increase cordosol, which we don't want. It's gonna increase stress, which we don't want. It's gonna increase anxiety. It's gonna mess with your sleep, it's gonna take away your energy. Don't do it, so start turning off all the electronics after six pm. We don't want you to have food after six pm, and we don't want you to have electronics after six pm. And even when you do go inside and you want to read a book or something, dim the lights so they're not so bright. And as the hours go on, seven o'clock, dim them more, eight o'clock dim them more, and nine o'clock almost all the way down. Ten o'clock all the lights out. Bedtime. And you don't want to have any electronics in your bedroom, nothing plugged in, no Wi Fi. Turn off your Wi Fi, turn off your five G, turn off your data. Don't have any electronics in there. Unplug everything, not only in your room, but whatever your Your head is on the other side of the room too, So we don't want any power, any electricity. Turn it all off. Keep everything as far away from you as possible if you if you have if you can keep your cell phone outside of your room. If you need it for an alarm clock, just put it on the opposite side of the room as far away from you as possible. Minimum you want six feet away from you during the day. Minimum you want six inches away from you, but during night, we want six feet away from you for your cell phones. There. Okay, So the other thing that's important is the stressful environment. Right, So if you're around friends that stress you out, they're always complaining, if your family's always criticizing you. You know, if your people at your job are so mean to you, you got to change your environment. You might have to quit your job, you might have to break up with somebody, you might have to stop hanging out with a friend. You might have to move out of a stressful city. So if there's high stress in your environment, think about altering your environment. It's your health. Nothing's more important. I don't care how much they pay you. Your health is more important than any amount of money they could pay you. So get out of those stressful environments. You know, choose good healthy friends, positive friends and are doing drugs and drinking and are you know, doing healthy stuff and positive? All right, you are who you surround yourself with. Now, there is genetics, right, So if your mom when she was pregnant with you is stressed out, then you're gonna be born already in stress mode. But there's something called epigenetics is where you could turn that off. So if you get rid of the stressful environment, you work on your want and now making nervous system, then you could turn off this stressful anxiety gene so that when you have a baby, you don't pass it down to them. But most anxieties passed down from the mother, meaning when the mother is pregnant, if she's stressed out and she's anxious, then the baby's going to develop with an anxious, stressed out brain. So if you have sevir anxiety, just you know, give your mom a call and thank her. All right, but remember we could turn it off. That's called epigenetics. So you do the right things. And the right things are you know, staying away from stimulants, right, if you have been anxiety, stay away from coffee, stay away from soda, caffeine, energy drinks, red bull, you know monster. We want to stay away from all these stimulants. And guess what's else. Stimulants, food, dies, preservatives, all these chemicals are stimulants. Make sure that you get exercise to burn off your energy, and exercise in the morning when cortisol levels are highest, So you want to increase your exercise in the morning. Have sex in the morning with testosterone hize. Go according to nature. But at nighttime, turn off the lights and relax and don't watch the news. The worst thing is to watch the news at night. That's stressful. You know. It's political corruption, it's racism, it's fires and hurricanes, it's crime and murders. It's all negative stuff. There's nothing positive. Stop watching the news. If you have anxiety, you got a detox from the news. There's nothing good and it doesn't matter. They don't keep you informed. They're only giving you the one percent of the news that they want you to know. They're not telling you the ninety nine percent. So the news does not keep you informed. So don't think you have to watch news, especially cable news, to keep informed. It's not telling you the truth. It's just causing more stress and more anxiety. You gotta get sunlight. Sunlight will help reduce stress. You gotta drink water. Drink half your body weight in ounces. You gotta get good sleep. You want to sleep from ten to six ten pm to six good eight hours, and get off your butt. Stop having this sedentary lifestyle. It's called the twenty rule. Every twenty minutes, you get off the chair, you walk, you move your body for twenty seconds you look twenty feet and then you could sit back down and go back to school, work, whatever you have to do. But that's the twenty rule. Never sit for more than twenty minutes straight. You have to take twenty second breaks to move your body, okay, and that way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Caplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his way ed kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, there are lots of ways to increase energy. That's one of the most common complaints I get in my offices in New York, New Jersey and our virtual visits as well. So people are always saying, how can I increase my energy? And the answers are pretty obvious. Number one is you got to create that energy. You gotta move your body. So it seems weird, but you might have to actually get up earlier, get less sleep, but then exercise in the morning. When you exercise in the morning, that's going to increase your energy levels immensely. Now, whatever you want to do. You want to run, great, you want to go biking great. You want to go to gym great. You want to play pick a ball great? You want to play basketball. I don't care what it is. You want to do zoomba, some aerobics class, but do something. You gotta move your body. You use it or you lose it. You have this energy in you, but you need to create it. You need to create it by moving your body. The worst thing is a sedentary lifestyle. Stop sitting so much. Never forget the twenty rule. You can't sit for more than twenty minutes. Every twenty minutes, you get up for twenty seconds. Move your body. I don't care if it's you walk twenty feet, you do twenty jumping jacks, twenty pushups, twenty squads, twenty lunges, twenty sit ups. Just move your body for twenty seconds. Do anything, but stop sitting for so much twenty minutes of max. It's the twenty rule that will increase your energy, that will increase your brain function. You'll stop feeling so stiff and tight. It'll change your life. If you just did the twenty rule, if that was the only thing you change this week, you will have the best week you've had in a long time. It's the twenty rule, and you gotta do it. Stop with the sedentary lifestyle. Sitting is the new smoking. Never sit for more than twenty minutes. That's if you want to increase your energy and increase your quality of life. Sitting leads to heart disease, obesity, cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer's, to say the least, all right, and if you just don't want to be in pain, move your body. People don't like to be in pain. I don't like this A right is and all their joints or aches they get, say attica with the sharp pain down their leg, and they get carpal tunnel in their hands. All these pain syndromes, headaches and the shoulder pain, the neck pain. Move your body. You'll change your life. The twenty rule, never forget it. I'm always talking about that. You gotta do the twenty rules. Now. Another thing that's important is sunlight. Stop being inside all day. You've gotta be outside. The sun gives you energy, vibrancy, life, vitamin D, your hormones, your thyroid, your immune system, your brain function. You need the sun. And go out and roll up your sleeves, roll up the pant legs, take off your hat, take off your glasses. Let that sun touch your eyes, touch your skin. It's gotta hit it. We need a lot of sunlight. The three most important times are number one, during sunrise, go outside for ten minutes. This gets your circadian rhythms in order stimulates cortisol, gives you the energy, says Ooh, the sun's coming up. I gotta go for the day. You don't need coffee, especially if you have anxiety. Stay away from the coffee and start using the sun. Start using exercise. So the most important time sunrise ten minutes. Then you want to go out when the sun's most powerful between twelve and two. Hopefully you get a lunch, Just go outside for ten minutes, get those sun beams, roll up your sleeves. The more skin exposure the better. And then the third time you want to do ten minutes is during sunset. So you've got ten minutes sunrise. Get you going increase your energy, ten minutes during where the sun's at the highest peak between twelve and two to get the maximum amount of vitamin D, and then ten minutes during sunset. That says, okay, decrease cortisol, increase melatonin. Get ready to relax, Get ready for bed, Get ready to reoxygenate, rejuvenate, heel absorb, detox physical Now your brain's ready to chill out and do what it needs. That's going to be very good for your energy, because it's also going to get your good sleep. So not only do you want to see the sunset and see you get darker outside, but also when you come home, turn all fall of the lights, turn off the TV, the computer, don't use the electronics, not at night, dim the lights. What do you want to do at night? Lots of stuff. You could read a book, you could write in your journal, You could play a board game, you could talk to your family. You could take up a hobby, drawing, sculpting, painting, Learn how to play musical instrument, learn how to put up a shelf or make a desk, you know, learn a new language. Just stay away from the electronics. I don't care what you do. Do crossword puzzle, do sudoku, do amaze, a jigsaw puzzle, play cards with your friends, take a dance, lesson, just do something that stays away from the electronics. Maybe something that even you get exercise, and maybe something even social. But just stay away from the electronics at night. Now, another thing that's going to increase energy is your food. You got a good healthy food. And where do you get the good healthy food. It's just the colors of the rainbow. Don't complicate it, right, You don't need keto or pallio or you don't need to be a vegan or a carnivore. You don't need to do atkins or weight watchers or count your calories, and you know, eat by your blood type. And they have all these fans out there. Just eat real food. That's it. Keep it simple. Eat real food, but eat each color of the rainbow. Stop taking your multivitamin. You don't need multivitamins. You have to fishing in all these vitamins. Doesn't make any sense. Why all these people take all these vitamins. It upsets me. You only need to take a vitamin if you're deficient. Don't take it just to take it. Use scientific evidence, look at your blood work and see what you need. If you don't need it, it can become toxic. Do you want to strain your gut, your liver, your brain. So eat each color of the rainbow, something that's red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple, every single day. And stay away from the white food. That's gonna drain your energy. It's gonna make your nerves worse. What's the white food with the sugar and the flour, the bread, the noodles, the rice, the potatoes, the cereals, the oats, the cookies, the cakes, the candy, the sodas, the juices. Stay away from all the white and eat all the color. That gives you your energy. And if you stay away from the white foods, that reduces your inflammation in your brain and you don't waste energy trying to heal yourself. Then after you eat the colors of the rainbow, go for walk. Don't eat dinner and then just sit on the couch and watch the news. That's the worst thing to do. After dinner. You go for a walk. After eat breakfast, go for a walk. After you eat lunch, go for a walk. Now there's lots of extra stuff you could do to increase energy. You could do hyperbar oxygen chamber. Patients love that in our office. It gives them a boost of energy, boost their immune system. People do it for lime disease, for COVID long haulers. It's not just for stroke, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's autism. Yes, it helps out with that, but it also really does the immune system. It helps with inner ear problems. When people you know, go scuba diving and they get the bends, and you know, it helps out with circulation and blood flow and oxygen and helps heal your gut and your lungs. Everybody loves the h buy. You could do that to increase your energy. I personally do it just once a month just to give myself that boost that I need. The days that I do it, I'm always jumping higher, got more energy, faster, better mood. It's good. We love the Age bo Our patients love the Age Boy and all the results that they get from that. Now another way to boost your energy to do new activities. Meet new people, go to new places, explore the country, explore the world, explore your neighborhood. So many cool people that you've never met, so many great activities you could do that you've never done. And if you can help people, that's even better. Do charity volunteer. If you're feeling down and low energy, start helping others. That will give you the boost you need. It's amazing how much brain power can increase when you do charity work, when you help others. Now, the cool thing about that is so if I do a good deed for you, my brain function improves and my energy increases. If I do something good for you, not only does my energy improve and my brain function, but your energy improves and your brain function improves. And not only do I improve and you improve, but anyone who witnesses this good deed improves their brain function and their energy. Now you can also do breathing exercise. The best breeding exercise is to inhale for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, then exhale for eight seconds. So when we inhale, we're getting our oxygen, and when we exhale, we're getting rid of our carbon dioxide. And the carbon dioxide creates an acidic environment. And all disease loves in acidic environment, whether it's covid, lime disease, mold exposure, whether it's herpies, or whether it's the shingles, It doesn't matter what it is. Parasites, worms, viruses, bacteria, E. Coli, H. Pylori, they love acidic environments. And these chronic diseases, heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, Alzheimer's, they love the acidic environments. You gotta get rid of the carbon dioxide. Inhale four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, exhale for eight seconds. Do that three times and repeat it three times a day. Then get some plants. Snake plants, spider plants, alo era plants, money plants that will purify your air. But go outside in the trees where you have the most oxygen and make sure when you inhale, you breathe from your diaphragm. So on the inhale, your diaphragm is going to go down and out, and on the exhale it's going to go up and in and that will squeeze out the carbon dioxide while making a lot of room for the oxygen to increase your energy so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life. You deserve called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you are listening to boost your brain power. There are many ways to reduce depression and prevent depression. The most common way and easiest way, especially right now that it's becoming colder and darker earlier, is vitamin D. Vitamin D is the key for depression. It's called seasonal affect disorder where people actually get more depressed in the fall and the winter because there's less sunlight. So all we have to do is supplement with vitamin D. The best company that I like is called apex Energetics. That's what I get for myself and my family, and I want nothing but the best, so that's what I recommend for my listeners and my patients as well. We have offices in New York and New Jersey as well as virtual so we always are asking which is the best company for vitamin D. And the reason why is because what they do is they put it in fat. Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin, and all the fat fat soluble vitamins need to be together. Not only has D, but it has a E K and it also has magnesium and phosphorus and calcium for absorption and buyot in a lot of other things, and it's you know, the keys also to have the medial chain tyglyceride for absorption too. So most vitamin D ninety nine percent of the vitamin D that you get in the you know CBS, Whole Foods, Traded, Joe's and Vitamin Shopping g NC, and you know you get on Amazon, those are gonna be pretty crappy. They're full of contaminants and fillers even food does and sugar and you know, artificial flavors and stuff like that. So you want to stay away from, you know, these big supermarkets and health food stores that you know, buy in bulk. You want to only get from companies that do their research, that deal with doctors, that you know, doctors write the prescription for it. Not from pharmaceutical companies but from companies that are are focused on the quality of the supplements and the absorption. Because most people take these supplements and they don't even absorb it. A lot of people drink water and they don't even absorb it. You know, if you want to absorb your water, you need to take salt and put it in the water. So if you have depression, usually you're dehydrated. Think of your brain like a grape. When it's dehydrated, shrivels up to a raisin. You don't think you're gonna be depressed if your boat, if your brain looks like a raisin, it's all shriveled up. So we need activity, we need action. We need water. That's fuel delivery. And when you drink water, drink it on an empty stomach so it gets absorbed. If you drink it with food, it doesn't work as well. So you got to get some salt in there. The Celtic salt is the best, So you want to put salt in there. You want to squeeze some lemon for some flavor, that's fine, but do it on an empty stomach, right, and drink it. Five glasses a day, first thing in the morning, glass number one. Glass number two will be half hour before breakfast. A week, let's say if you eat at ten am, breakfast, you're gonna have a nine thirty glass water. All right, Let's say you wake up at six boom glass right away. Then you got another one nine thirty. Then you gotta do another one a half hour before lunch. Let's say lunch is at one thirty. Then you have another glass at one, right, so you're at basically, you're at six thirty, you're at nine thirty, you're at one. And let's say if you had dinner at five thirty, you're gonna have another glass at five. And let's say you're done with eating at six, your last glass will be, you know, around eight nine o'clock. That's five glasses a day. And depending on how much you weigh, right, let's say if you weigh two hundred pounds, you need to drink one hundred ounces a day. And if you divide that by five, that means each glass needs to be twenty ounces. If you weigh one hundred pounds, right, then you only need fifty ounces of water a day. You divide that by five, that means each of your glass only has to be ten ounces. So you just do the math for yourself, but drink your water according to your body with and drink it on an empty stomach. That is vital. That is key, all right, that's the key for absorption. And get the Celtic salt to make sure it goes into the cells. That's got the minerals. Got about eighty six minerals. So that's why we like that salt as well, all right. So other things that help with depression is affection. Is you know, kissing your loved ones, your kids, or your spouse, even if it's just holding hands. I've been doing something with my wife, the six second kiss. She recently lost her father. She's been depressed. And guess what it's normal to be depressed when you lose your father. If she wasn't depressed, I would think that's a little weird. But she's supposed to be depressed. She's supposed to be crying. So a lot of doctors will say, oh, you just lost your father, you are all depressed. Take an antidepressant. Whoa wa, whoa whoa. Let's slow up. I want to feel that depression. I want to cry, let it out. You don't want to hold it in. But you know what she's got to do to get out of that depressed yous gotta exercise she got to get her vitamin D. She's got to go meet new people, do new things, do new activities. Gotta help others, ay, so don't take antidepressants. Start to get your body and brain working at a higher level. There, all right, So the six second kiss has helped with her depression. She feels much better, gives her relief. And if you don't have human contact, get a dog. Then you can cuddle with the dog, rub the dog. That helps your brain. That helps with depression. Another thing is, there's one word. If I were to tell you that, I want you to remember. The key to depression is progression. So you got to make progress in all areas of your life. I don't care what it is, but let's start with health because that's the most important. So let's say your strength, right, So if you could lift five pounds, you gotta make progression. We gotta say, okay, I'm gonna try and lift ten pounds. If you can lift ten pounds, you gotta say, okay, now I'm gonna try and lift fifteen pounds. You gotta make progression. That gets you out of depression. It's flexibility. Oh I can't reach my toes, all right, So every day. I'm gonna try and reach for my toes every morning when I wake up, and you'll see progression. You get closer and closer to your toes. Once you reach your toes, oooh, you get that light up in your brain. You reach the dopamine, those neuro transmitters that helps with depression, any progression in your range of motion, your flexibility, your strength. If you're a walker, you say, okay, today I walked a mile. I'm gonna progress and walk one point one miles, and then the next day I'm gonna go one point two miles and then one point three miles. Or progression in your speed. If I did the mile in twelve minutes today, I'm gonna do it in eleven minutes, and then I'm gonna go to ten minutes in thirty seconds, and then ten minutes and fifteen seconds, and then ten minutes, and keep on getting faster and doing more. Make progression an the amount of water you drink. Let's say, if you're supposed to be drinking you know, sixty ounces, but you're only drinking twenty ounces. Say okay, this week, I'm gonna drink twenty five ounces, and next week I'm gonna drink thirty ounces. Make progression in all aspects of your body, all aspects of your health. Make progression in your posture. Right, get up more. Do some older roles look up more right. You don't want to be an old lady or an old man all hunched over. Make progression in your posture. Start getting yourself more upright. Be aware. Your ears should be above your shoulder. It shouldn't be in front. Most people have what's called a forward intelligent where their head is too forward. Start getting your head back above your shoulders. Stop leaning your head down so much. You got to improve your posture. You can improve your vision. If you want to improve your posture, you do posture exercise. You want to improve your memory, do memory exercise. You want to improve your muscle strength, you do muscle exercises. You want to prove your flexibility, you do stretching exercises. It's not rocket science. If you want to improve your vision, you do vision exercise. This isn't complicated people. We just got to do the work. You gotta take the action. Now. How do you know what action you need to take? What you should do is testing to figure out which areas of the brain are weak. So the best test is called a qEEG brain mapping, and the brain mapping measures your alpha, beta theta delta. It tells us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which air of the brains are not functioning well. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email you could get it for only twenty one dollars. The next best test is called a VNG. This is where you wear goggles and it measures your eye movements. It measures which areas of the brains are overactive, which is the anxiety, and which areas are the underactive, which is more depression. This test is also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call text or email you can get this test for only twenty one dollars. And the last test that you should do to figure out which areas of the brain or body you need to work on is a one on one evaluation with me where I go over all your different brain tests, your blood work, go over your memory, your breathing, your heart, your gut, your balance, your gate, your brain function, your eyes, your ears. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call textra email you could get that for only twenty one dollars, but you got to be the first seven. The phone number the caller text is six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Kaplanbrainebody dot com. For more information, you could go to our website kaplindc dot com. If you want to purchase my book, you could go to Amazon and put in Boost your Brain Power A Guide to Improving your Memory and Focus by Doctor Eric Kaplan. Brain Power is one word when you put that in. If you're on social media, you could like us, follow us, comment. Our Facebook is Chaplin Brain and Body. Our YouTube channel is Caplan Brain and Body. Our Instagram is at Kaplan Brain Body. Our TikTok is at doctor Eric Kaplan and if you want to do a console with us, we have offices in New Jersey, New York City and we do virtual as well, So give us a call. If you want to function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kplan. You just listen to Boost your brain Power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you could call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.