Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We'll let you tako one on one one w j r R. But your freaking idiots. I've decided that add new shine down to dance. Kid Dance is my favorite current rock song right now. That is great sauce, solid tune.
Speaker 1: First time we played it, we both said, we go out, that's a hit. Yeah, good tune them and I said this before them in three days, grace, those those two can write hits.
Speaker 2: Man. Well the track record to prove it. Uh huh all right, uh oh, make sure you get your uh you say we played votes in before nine. That is, if you're interested in winning nine inch Nails tickets. You do that at the jr Facebook page. Three song choices where you say it. We played this Morning from Uh we went kind of mellow this Morning with Pantera.
Speaker 1: Three songs are a new level Cowboys from Hell or this Love one with the most folks. We play back at nine jr. Our Facebook page. You got about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: You know, normally when we have a story on Idiotology about an elderly driver, it invariably morphs into the difficult conversation you have to have with mom or dad when they get up there and it's time to take the keys away.
Speaker 1: I told you the trick a listener taught me. I think it was a listener taught me or somebody did. But I'll tell you in a minute, so when that time comes going, this.
Speaker 2: Isn't one of those. This is the opposite end of the elderly driver here. I think we got someone here who might well, we've got a leadfoot senior citizen woman ninety four years old. She's from Texas. It's like my grandma. Seal. Elizabeth Perez from El Paso, Texas is out in visiting Oregon. She was pulled over on Interstate eighty four near Baker City, Oregon, cited for a couple of things. Failure to secure a child passenger in the vehicle, failing to yield to an emergency vehicle. Oh yeah, and going one hundred and six miles per hour in her four door Dodge Sedan. Are you kidding me? Ninety four year old going one hundred and six She had a toddler in the car. It does not say the age of the kids. It's a kid. I guess you got to be, you know, at least the seat belt going there. You know, Wow, that's way faster than my grandma seal. She she's remember the story with her. I haven't told this for over twenty years.
Speaker 1: She was flying down the road and she's like, get out of my way, right, and she finally goes around the guy and does this and looked over at him. It was Captain Kangaroo. Do you remember growing up Captain Kangaroos. Yeah, my grandma's seal passed him, heard her left foot.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace.
Speaker 1: You and Oma are probably out there having some fun right now, simulators.
Speaker 2: That's big five asses.
Speaker 1: Oh, rest in peace, so mom, and then my grandma cil would be looking at her, going Betty Betty.
Speaker 2: Oh, also Elizabeth pres the ninety four year old lead foot from Texas that was speeding in We'regon one hundred and six months. Also no insurance. Oh guess Sance is sure ninety four?
Speaker 1: I ain't, so, you know for anything, the trick a good trick to uh see, like to prove to your parents that they shouldn't be driving anymore. Yeah, probably a koozie would work.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Just uh when we're you and I have a conversation you're my dad, and I'm like, Dad, you know you gotta quit, you gotta quit, you gotta look at me.
Speaker 2: You're a conversation Dad. You got because I'm gonna do something.
Speaker 1: Dad, you need to kind of, you know, stop driving like now, because you're really not You're really not good enough.
Speaker 2: The hell are you talking about? See?
Speaker 1: And then I would have thrown a koozie at you, if that was a kozie, and if you caught it, and then I'd say, that's how quick an accident could happen, and you didn't that coozy hit you right in the face.
Speaker 2: It could be a car, you could kill a family. Give me the keys, Dad, now. Not to try to doubt your little hack here, I'm willing to bet that there's a lot of people if you did that too, and you chuck the koozy had it would hit him square in the face, regardless of their age. I know, but still you can. It's it's true. I get the point you're trying to make because like it's like that, it's it's hey, this is how fast a car can pull in front of you.
Speaker 1: And look at how you reacted. You got it's not your fault. We all get old there's Uber ooh, you know they have Uber for teens. They should have Uber for the elder. They have an Uber for teens app and whatever Uber Elder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could come on. It's the only app on the phone with those big, huge numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they should do it Uber.
Speaker 2: I mentioned it first. They have that on those uh one of those called those phones that have just the big numbers. Not the flip fund there. It is a flip phone, but it's especially for old people. You can old phone.
Speaker 1: I'm over here inventing old Uber.
Speaker 2: Well, this makes sense with you know, the amount of stuff that's going on in space, news, amount of stuff you know, taken off left and right, it seems, and the eventual goal of trying to land on Mars with humans, I guess. To get out in front of what's inevitably going to be a problem, A group of astronomers have proactively called for a ban on space advertising. Good. I mean it, just stop and think about that for a second. It's getting ahead of the game. Let's let's think about advertising right now. How it is sponsoring high schools kids. You can't you would have to seal yourself in a room with nothing in the room, zip zilt zero nodded the windows nothing okay, I was gonna mention windows nothing just in a room with bare walls and a bare concrete full phone, no nothing nothing. If you really want to truly not be exposed to any.
Speaker 1: Advertising, it's everywhere. Somebody said Uber for blue hair, as we call it blueber.
Speaker 2: You can't. I like it, I love it, but you know it could be Uber silver, silver Fox, silver alert. Let's not confused, silver alerts witch. No, you're right.
Speaker 1: Somebody texted in, y'all ain't too far from AARP members any but any age can qualify for AARP.
Speaker 2: Did you know that? Yeah? That was a sick burn, a sickburn in your face. Cricket phone, Pat, cricket. That's it. Cricket is exactly what I was looking for. There. We acknowledge our fifty something ism afraid that's you know, hey, we do what we do. Yeah, yeah, so yeah. Can you imagine you're out at night for a walk on the beach at night, nice quiet, romantic walking. You look up THEIRS an ad scrolled across the sky and it's not like on one of those planes going by, just permanently up there.
Speaker 1: Anymorebit that through the Martians and the UFO people, all the aliens just look down and say, Okay, we didn't think it could get worse. It did hit the button and the whole earth just goes. I guess right, dust, and the time clock was ahead of itself.
Speaker 2: We're behind. And the hottest restaurant chain in America right now is I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna guess Red Lobster because of all the ads from Flavor Flame.
Speaker 2: No, no, nope, I'll give you a hint. Hottest restaurant. I'll give you a hint. I've told you that me and skinnerd have Bingo. That's the hottest during America. As far as increasing a year to year sales, they are blowing away everybody. They have great deals. They are up thirty last quarter alone, third straight quarter of double digit sales growth. How many restaurants would love to have that right now, good judge, and it's because of what you just said, great deals. They they are in a sorry fast food places, but they're hitting you. If you're kicking you in the ribs with the hard truth. You can go and have a sit down meal at Chili's better quality in most cases, and you'll end up paying less. Then you know if you go to try to have something comparable in a lot of these fast food places now, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like like burger fries and a drinking places. Right wow, Chili's that's a plus. Chili's is all cross all of Americas. That makes it easier, right.
Speaker 2: Well, I just was I'm looking for something here, just you know.
Speaker 1: While you look for that real quick. Somebody asked where I got my body scan. I did it at a Life Imaging f L A great just email all text you back. And then also Pat Paramore Brown checking in right motor Pat and Taco.
Speaker 2: I've been busy. Question did you see the text message? I say, yesterday? Shopping cart grill Hello Paramore out from the Are you talking like that? Is?
Speaker 1: That's how Paramore talks head Pat Taco. You see that he's talking about from the football game. I think it was the building game.
Speaker 2: I think it was Philadelphia fans who had the shopping cart chicken.
Speaker 1: Going yeah and a shopping cart chicken Paramore talked about during our podcast one day, and uh, it's where you have the shopping cart and you have charcoal on the rack beneath and then you're barbecuing something on the on the other rack. And this guy was cooking a slab of pig.
Speaker 2: Which we of course know what comes from pigs.
Speaker 1: Jenny babies back then.
Speaker 2: This is a fun w j r R, Orlando's rock station,