Speaker 1: One thing about this geen is the invisible and tangibles that they have.
Speaker 2: This team is really becoming a family.
Speaker 3: Let's not play one on too.
Speaker 2: Let's wind.
Speaker 4: I love writing me these guys after the show.
Speaker 5: So just thank you, give me are.
Speaker 6: Your attention, your fire, and not a pisses.
Speaker 7: This is world champion, Dodger world championing for a small soft time. They get up people what they want to die too? In a row two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not a headache one of them. Come, this ball's gone. You ready to go?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 4: Hell old time go.
Speaker 9: To the sun.
Speaker 2: Grab your phone to get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven.
Speaker 7: And go to the show. And now your host of Dodger Talk, David Basse. Welcome to Dodger Talk. David Basse, with you until eleven thirty Tonight at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. The Dodgers defeat the Nationals tonight by a final score of six to five. Tonight was game one of a three game weekend series here at Dodgers Stadium between Washington and the Dodgers. Washington really scuffling coming to town this weekend. They just snapped an eleven game losing streak yesterday thanks to a walk off home run by James Wood and Washington after the lost tonight is thirty one and forty five. The Dodgers improved their record of forty seven and thirty with the win tonight, and after seventy seven games they have the exact same record they had a year ago at this time, and they increased their lead in the division by a game because San Francisco lost to alex Cora and the Boston Red Sox tonight up there at Oracle Parks seven to five, and in San Diego, Fernando Tattis Junior was back in the starting lineup, but the Royals beat the Padres tonight six to five. The Dodgers now are four games ahead of San Francisco, six games ahead of the Padres in the NL West. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Clayton kershot tonight with four strikeouts. He's eight away from three thousand in his career, likely making his next start in the finale of that series at Corsfield and then coming back home against the White Sox. If everything basically stays on schedule, So there is a real possibility that Kershaw reaches the three thousand strikeout milestone here at Dodger Stadium in two starts from now, but we'll see where it goes. Because the Rockies have struck out more than any other team in baseball, so it is conceivable Kershaw could get eight punchouts at Corse Field this upcoming week. Eight six six eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. A couple of other things I want to point out about tonight's game. Kershaw maybe not his best stuff all night long. Certainly he wasn't as effective as we had seen him in his previous two starts going back to Saint Louis and on this homestand against the Giants, but he found a way, found a way to only give up two runs, even with in his own words, not having the consistency he would like, and he kept the Dodgers in the game and went seventy eight pitches in five innings, four strikeouts. And you got to give a lot of props tonight to the eight to nine hitters Keiky Hernandez and Miguel Rojas, who were combined four for six tonight with two doubles, a two run home run, two RBIs, and four run scored. Those guys really made the offense go tonight. Andy Pajez continues to swing a hot bat. He's two for four with an RBI. Otani and Mooki also drove in a run tonight, so they got contributions from the eight to nine guys that turned the lineup over for Otani, Betts and the rest. Will Smith on base twice tonight with two walks, so this offense seems to be really coming together. The only glaring weak spot is Michael Conforto, who got the starting left field again tonight and was zero for four with the strikeout. But Conforto made a nice catch tonight in the game, diving to in the inning, so he did a nice job. And I would say, you know, Confordo's been better than expected defensively tonight. Confordo's catch to end the seventh inning was nice on Brandon Low, so that that was probably the highlight for Comfortera tonight. And I don't know where the Dodgers go with this. The reason why he got the start is for some reason, he's better against lefties than he is against righty's, so that's why he was in there against Mackenzie Gore. You had Kei k at first, giving Freddie a day off. Rojas was at third, giving Muncie a day off against the lefty. But uh, Dave Roberts made it sound like he was going to bench Conforto, but he did say he was going to get some starts here and there, so we'll see what it looks like tomorrow. But you know, he's sitting one sixty five. He has no ps of five seventy two. I still don't believe he's this bad of a player. His his resume certainly says he isn't. But for whatever reason, it hasn't come together. But nonetheless, with all that being said, and maybe the reason why the Dodgers are giving Conforto a little bit longer of a leash is because they're forty seven to thirty and the offense is still rolling. Even with all that being said, eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Nationals tonight six to five. There was some fallout from last night's drama. In the ninth inning, In case you didn't notice, Dave Roberts was not in the Dodger dugout tonight because he and Padres manager Mike Shilt were suspended for one game. Shilt not in the dugout for the Padres tonight at Petco. The Dodgers. Dave Roberts not here at Dodgers Stadium after being suspended and fined, and also Robert Suarez was suspended and fined. The fine undisclosed. The suspension was for three games. I guess that's everybody agrees that was what needed to be done, no doubt about it. But how about the Padres bench coach. Shouldn't he have been suspended for a game being the acting manager after warnings were issued and Suarez was thrown out of the game. You know you could ask that question as well. And like I said, the prayers were answered. Manny Machado said, the Dodgers better pray that Fernando Tattis Junior CT scan came back negative, and it did. Those prayers by the Dodgers really worked. Tatis was back in the starting lineup tonight for the Padres and he was a big oh F zero for three with a walk, huge difference maker, huge difference maker, and as it always happens, win or lose the series. The Padres get so emotionally drained playing the Dodgers, they let down against the team like the royals in their own house. And how about this, The Dodgers are trend setters and the bar setters in Major League Baseball. They get into a little benches clearing issue with the Padres. And he got the Angels zag Netto going after Hunter Brown at Anaheim tonight. And then you had eroldish Chapman chirping and going after Wilmer Flores on the final out of the game in San Francisco. So I guess you know everybody around baseball was watching the game last night. They're like, hey, I want to be part of that kind of stuff too. And there were two separate games tonight that had some back and forth between pitchers and hitters. In Anaheim, it was Hunter Brown hitting zag Netta, who said that was two blanking times. And Hunter Brown, who's got an arm tattoo, don't want to mess with the picture with an arm tattoo. Uh took exception to it. Eight sixty six seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Porterville, Howard, you're on Dodger talk with David messe Hi Howard.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for taking a call. Hope you guys are having a good night there. I had a couple of questions for you. Do you think that the Padres seeing you know, Shohei Yamamoto, Sasaki II Son Kim bypass them if I'm correcting that? For the Dodgers? Do you think there was a little resentment there last night which was the real reason show he got hit? And also, how does this work Dave? With Dave Roberts as the National League, as the All Star manager, how does he work? Does this impact his relationship with Tattoos and Machado? Can you maybe speak to that a little bit for that game?
Speaker 7: Well, Dave has maintained that he has a good relationship with Machado. I'm not sure how much of a relationship he has with Tattis Junior. We still have to wait and see if Fernando Tattists Junior is there because he's been in a slump. But I don't think in that setting it's that big of a deal. Maybe they'll have a matter of fact conversation. But going back to the frustrations, yes, absolutely the Padres were frustrated that the Dodgers beat them in the NLDS last year after being up two games to one. They were frustrated. The Dodgers came back this year and beat them two out of three in their home ballpark last week, and they were frustrated. The Dodgers won the first three games of the series here at Dodgers Stadium, so their emotions again got the best of them. And their manager is supposed to be the adult in that dugout, and he was the juvenile. He was very sophomoric last night night at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 4: I agree. Do you think what's his name the picture? Do you think he should have gotten a longer suspension?
Speaker 7: From what I gathered in the dugout and around the field today, everybody felt like that was appropriate. Three games for a relief picture was appropriate. Thanks for the phone call, Howard, appreciate it. Eight sixty six nine to eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the National six to five tonight behind five innings of Clayton Kershaw, who now is undefeated. If you could believe that, everybody always wants to pull the plug on his career prematurely, but here he is three and zero with an era hovering around three and going strong and finding a way. And that's an example for every other picture on this staff. Find a way, compete out there and get through it, no matter what's bothering you, whether or not you're feeling perfect, find a way. And that's what Kershaw has done in eighteen years at the major league level. Let's go out to Laguna, Neguel, Ralph, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 3: Ralph, thank you, Thank you David for taking my call. I really appreciate I've been at Dodger fans with nineteen fifty five. I know you've been praising Mookie Bets for his dedicated work at to play shortstop this second year, and he puts in a lot of time and effort into this. In my opinion, just please let me get this out. Mookie Bets, Dave Ray Robinson, Ben's conforto. Mookie Bets should be permanently put back in the right field, tiaskar in the left and be done with it because he's burning himself out. He needs the rest back there just to concentrate it more naturally. He's the perfect right fielder since they signed Kim and Edmonds, and they can rotate them through second and short throughout the lineup in different different you know, different days, but they have a perfect perfect So that what I think should happen. As far as the batting order is concerned, Mookie Bets, you'd bat first, Freeman, second, third, Joska Can had his fourth, Schmid, Sift, Muncy, Edmunds, Kim and and Pies is the best ninth place hitter in baseball. That's right, because he can he can put the ball in play, and the.
Speaker 7: Lineup a little bit more. I would not go that far, but let's go back to your original point about Mooki going back to right field. That's not outrageous, Ralph, and I'll be candid with you. Other fans have asked me that as well. But you have to concede that last year, before Mooki was hit on the hand, he was hitting really well playing shortstop, and he wasn't even that great of a shortstop. Last year. He certainly is at least five times better than he was a year ago, and he was on his way to winning an MVP before he got hit in the hand by a pitch and missed six weeks. So For those that say that, uh, the position has taking away his offense, well it didn't last year, and he's making really good plays at shortstop now. If the Dodgers really need to move them back to right field, which I doubt will happen, he would probably concede and like he did last year, understand where the Dodgers needed him the most. But I refute that offense is being taken away from Mookie because he's playing shortstop, because he hit really well last year playing.
Speaker 3: Shortstop, well, well, they have Edmunds now for a whole year they didn't have last year. Yeah, graded at elite as a second baseman, a shortstop and center field us you want to gold glove at second base, and so Mookie Bets they don't need him at shortstop. They could put Contort on the bench. Put he's the best right fielder in baseball, and they have adequate replacements for short and second and just rotate them throughout, you know, throughout the week or what have you stop him every game that I want.
Speaker 7: Mooky beck in the You want Mookie back in right field because Confordo is not that great. And look, Ralph, the reality is MOOKI Betts is the best right fielder maybe ever in baseball history. I mean, I've asked some guys that seen all the best Clemente, Willie Mays. They all said that Mooki Betts is the best outfielder they have seen since Willie Mays. But you know, the Dodgers have moved in the shortstop, and I think we should appreciate the fact that no player in baseball history is doing or has done, what Mooki Betts is doing right now at his age over thirty, moving in from right field to play shortstop at a high level. Can you tell me one player that's ever done that?
Speaker 3: Ralph, Yes, well, that's great that they he can do that, but should he? I mean, they got out of stops.
Speaker 7: Now now they have forty seven wins. Right now, they have forty seven wins and they're in first place carrying you know, Michael Conforto, that's only hitting a buck sixty five. So right now, I say, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: And as far as the batting would, I know, Otani's leading Major League Baseball in run scored, but he goes dark a lot of games. He stripes out a lot at the top of the order. They should be he's usually batting cleared permanently for the rest of the year, and they would have a tremendous lineup. They would demush teams. And so that's right, I think.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, Ralph, thank you for the phone call. And look, I've mentioned this on the show before. Those that believe that Otani gets more at bats, significantly more at bats leading off, well it's really not the case because last year the average and Major League Baseball of all the teams, the leadoff hitter only had thirty three more played appearances on average than the number three hitter. And yeah, early on in this season, the majority of this season, Otani's been leading off a lot of innings outside of the first inning. And I'll be curious to see what happens on Sunday. Will he be leading off or will he be hitting second or third in the lineup, And we'll see whether or not Dave Roberts who talked about it that he was considering maybe having him moved down in the lineup a little bit on days that he pitches. We'll see what happens on Sunday. Let's go out to Malibu, Bob you're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium. Hi, Bob Dave.
Speaker 10: Always good to be on with you, man, Thanks for taking the call.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my pleasure. What do you have tonight?
Speaker 10: I'm here to be in Confordo's corner, Dave. I mean, I can't disagree with you. The numbers don't lie. It's obviously true he's struggling. But I'm putting my neck on the line. I've said it before on Dodger Talk and I'll say it again. We are all gonna be grateful Michael Confordo is in our lineup in the second half and postseason of this year.
Speaker 5: I feel like he's gonna come around.
Speaker 10: I feel like, like you said earlier, I know he's not this bad of a player. He's got a history to prove he's better than this. He's obviously struggling, but I just feel like something's going to click with this kid.
Speaker 5: We also said it about.
Speaker 10: And came around. We all said about Paez, he came around.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it about Conforto too.
Speaker 10: He may not get all the starts in the world right now, and maybe that's deserved from his plate appearances, but in the second half of postseason days.
Speaker 2: I'm calling it with you right now, Buddy.
Speaker 10: I think Michael Confordo is going to be a guy we're all cheering along for the Dodgers in this season.
Speaker 7: Well, he's a great guy and I hope that's true. Thank you for the phone call, Bob, appreciate it. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're going to take a time out here on Dodger Talk when we continue more of your phone calls, and Jose Mota will check in as well. After the Dodgers beat the National six to five on a five to seventy LA Sports Light a candle.
Speaker 10: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy, sports dot com, and available by podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger Tom with David Basson. Here's a two m swung on hammer dape till that field baseball way back.
Speaker 8: In down Bigel Rojas with a two out, two run homer.
Speaker 7: Now the Dodgers lead at six to two. Oh, the Miguel just absolutely clabber that baseball. What a shot for.
Speaker 9: Rojas, three hundred and ninety six feet into the pavilion.
Speaker 7: It was the Rojas and Key k Hernandez show tonight, as those two got the starts at the corners, Rojas at third, Key k Hernandez at first base, and they delivered tonight a combined big night. Four hits between those two guys, including that two run home run by Miguel Rojas and those eight to nine hitters, Key k and Rowe combined to score four runs as the Dodgers beat the National six to five and Clayton Kershaw gets the win. He's undefeated this season, three and zero. And I know those of you out there say wins don't mean that much, Well yeah they do. It does mean something. That's the point of the game, staying in the game long enough to give your team a chance to win the game. And here he is, Clayton Kershaw in his eighteenth season, proving that truck still works. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast go to AM five seventy. LA sports dot Com used the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the very next game. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. We had a chance to catch up with Key k Hernandez after tonight's game. Oh yeah, it was great.
Speaker 6: Feels good to a contribute for once in this month. Miguel had a great game, man, Miguel and back to the game in a big way. And I just, uh, slowly, it's trying to feel better. But yeah, I mean, Kirsch did a great job tonight both be and kept us in the game.
Speaker 7: Because he gorey really til Pitcher.
Speaker 6: We were able to score six runns off him.
Speaker 7: So good night overall, Kyk. People don't fully appreciate the job you and Miguel Rojas have where you're not playing every night. How do you get ready for a game like tonight after only having three starts all month?
Speaker 6: I mean the same way that you get ready if you we're getting a lot of starts, you know, and nothing changes.
Speaker 7: It comes with a role.
Speaker 2: So as part of you.
Speaker 6: Know, we're we're pretty uh, we're pretty salty guys. And because of you know, we we've been there, done that, so we we have an idea of what to do, how to stay ready, and you know tonight we were ready.
Speaker 7: And we showed up morning raised in La. Thanks for stopping. I'm angry. Key k Hernandez a fan favorite for good reason. He stands up for what's right and certainly the Dodgers are very happy to have him. As the Dodgers beat the national six to five. And look, it's not that easy. People think you can just show up and be a pinch hitter here and there and then get a start after not starting for the majority of the month and have a huge impact on the game. It's not that simple. And for Rojas and Kik to be able to do that tonight it certainly was big for the Dodgers and a continuation of what took place during that four game series against the Padres. That was the big difference in the first three games that series, and even in the ninth inning of last night's game. How the Dodgers seven eight, nine hitters were so productive in getting on base and scoring runs and driving in runs. That was the difference between winning and losing those first three games against the Padres. Also, I want to point this out that the Dodgers did announce today in partnership with the City of La the Dodgers have committed a million dollars towards direct financial assistance for families of immigrants impacted by recent events in the region. Additional community efforts to be announced in the coming days. That's on the Dodgers Twitter account, and Keik obviously had something to say on his Instagram. Let's go out to South Central. Dan, You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 8: Dan Hi, Dave, quick question, is there any way that the team can manipulate Kursh's next start to make sure he gets his three thousand strikeout at home? Or is that going to be done on the road.
Speaker 7: They cannot move his starts. He needs to pitch every five or six days. That's just the way it is. And look, he's eight strikeouts away, and the Rocky strikeout more than any other team in baseball. So I wouldn't say that it's an absolute that it's going to happen at Dodgers Stadium. There's a very good chance that it could happen in his next start in Denver. But you know, right now, he's getting about five strikeouts a game, so there's a very good chance that he'll do it at home as well.
Speaker 5: Sounds good, Dave, Love your work all right.
Speaker 7: Dan, Thank you for the phone call. Appreciate that. And look, is he gonna strike out eight in Denver? I wouldn't bet against it, but there's a chance a mile high. You never know where it goes. But the Rockies are not a very good team, and they obviously chase a lot because they lead Major League Baseball and strikeouts. I personally believe Krushaw probably comes up two strikeouts short in Denver and comes back to Dodger Stadium and records his three thousand strikeout, probably during that White Sox series on the next Homestand but we got ice Cube Bobblehead night tomorrow night before we even get there. Let's go out to Saclamente. Kurt, you're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 5: Kurt continuing, Dave, you've already mentioned it briefly that the skipper manager Roberts, on Otani's start on Sunday, He's scheduled to start Sunday.
Speaker 7: That's correct, to is starting on Sunday.
Speaker 1: What do you think about only because of when he's finished throwing in the first inning, that judge, I mean judge, manager Roberts flips him and Mookie from lead off to batting second so that he doesn't have to put out all of his equipment and rush to get up to the plate to lead off the inning.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, he didn't have any issues on the first night that he pitched. And I was talking to Brian Gorman, who's an umpire supervisor after umpiring for thirty years, and he told me Otani when he's pitching, if he's leading off the next half inning, we'll get the same amount of leeway time that a catcher would when he's putting on his gear. If he were to be leading off the inning, the pitch clock is not going to start right away. They're going to give him some time like they did the other night. But I think it'll be interesting to see whether or not the Dodgers do have Otani lead off and maybe not go bat second. But I would say bat third and have Mookie lead off and Freddie hit second and O'tani hit third. If that's not If he's not going to lead off, I would want him hitting third to give him more of a chance to have guys on base to do some damage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that would be a good idea because that would give him enough rest so that you know Mookie and Freddie, could you know take a few pitches and this way he'll he'll get enough rest so they can go up to the plate fresh.
Speaker 7: We'll find out on Sunday morning. Kurt as O'tani is getting set for his second start as a pitcher with the Dodgers, and this time it should be two to three innings. And you know, since Dave Roberts said after his first start that he wasn't going to allow him to throw more and thirty pitches in that first inning, I could see somewhere between forty and fifty at the most. And I'm sure doctor Neil Elatrosh will be watching closely like he was the first night. Doctor Elatrosh performed both elbow surgeries on Otani and has been a big part of his rehab. Let's take another call Sacramento, Deacon. You're on Dodger Talk live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 9: Hi, Deacon, Hey Dave, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 7: What's going on in Sacramento these days?
Speaker 9: Oh? Just a road trip?
Speaker 7: What's that? What's happening on a Friday night in Sacramento.
Speaker 9: We're on a road trip, So that's why we're in Sacramento.
Speaker 7: Oh, passing through I hope passing through.
Speaker 9: It, don't worry, but we don't want to be with the queen.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's right, that's right.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So's here's my thought. My question is that we've got Hessong who's batting almost four hundred. He's not playing because Conforto's playing. And if I was just thinking about him, if if like Rushing was batting close to four hundreds, we would be talking about him taking spots over Will Smith. I mean, Dalton's batting around two hundred, which is fine, like he's, you know, just coming out from the minor leagues, but hasn't's been batting four hundred. He's got a good number of plate appearances, and he's still sitting and no one's just saying anything. It's just like, oh, you know what, he's just gonna he's still warming up, he's still doing okay, like we'll just see how it goes. But Conforto's taking his spot, and so I would just say that, you know, Kim needs.
Speaker 7: To rushing spot in left field.
Speaker 9: No, no, no, I'm talking about Conforto's taking kim spot. And so.
Speaker 7: See, everybody wants Kim to play every day. I'm not on that boat. I think you have to take your spots with Kim or he could get over exposed. I like what the Dodgers are doing. They're matching him up against pictures that he can do well against. So I'm not an everyday Kim guy.
Speaker 9: If Rushing was batting close to four hundred, we would be saying Rushing needs to play more, more more than.
Speaker 7: He played well, play more than Will Smith. Will Smith is the best hitter in baseball. He's overtaken Freddie Freeman with the best betting average in the National League. I would not be saying that, And that's not happening either.
Speaker 9: If Dalton was hitting close to four hundred.
Speaker 7: It's not happening.
Speaker 9: I know, I know I'm making that case about Kim batting close to four.
Speaker 7: Hundred, okay, but I feel like the Dodgers are putting him in good spots. I I just don't feel like anyway. Deacon Dave Roberts did concede the other day, Kim is going to get more starts in Comfordo is going to see less of them. So they're going to be doing what you're doing, what you're asking for. But like I said, I'm not all in on Kim.
Speaker 9: Every day, all day, all right, thanks Dave.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, Deacon, thanks for the phone call. Be safe going through Sacramento. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Nationals tonight six to five. Let's check in with our guy, Jose Moda. It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota. All right, let's go around the horn with Jose Moda. Jose Clayton kerse shot tonight five innings and records four strikeouts. What did you see from Kurse shot tonight?
Speaker 2: I thought, curse coming out of the bullpen, and I'm watching them between warm up to see, you know, what part of the plate he is working on and how the bull's coming out of his hand, and he could tell the in terms of break or tilt. He was not all that I'm effective with that, but he knew where to start it with that slaughter I'm talking about and where to end it to at least get some looks and then able to spend the break and ball and get fastballs by guys. But he's just a guy that knows how to pitch it. And what I saw today was a guy that battled through five without having that sharpness. We saw the last two starts by the understands the responsibility of knowing that with the team like Nationals, who do not strike out a lot, you have to ease up on front strek out. People just make better pitches, and the ones that came tonight is because he knows how to finish off hitters.
Speaker 7: All right, why don't you give your prediction, Jose, Do you believe he's gonna get eight strikeouts in Colorado and his next start?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say no, Yeah, I want to say no. I want to see it here at all.
Speaker 7: It's gonna come close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to see you, you know, do well in Colorado. No doubt he's got some membera on ones good and bad in Colorado. But it's one of those moments where I know you're not gonna like reshuff for your rotation for that, but I hope it's a moment that the LA fans get to enjoy.
Speaker 7: No doubt. I agree. How about tonight again, the eight to nine hitters for the Dodgers coming up big. The two veterans that haven't been playing a lot, haven't been getting a lot of bad bats, and Rojas and key k Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Here's something very important, Dave, that I know. At times it looks like why are these guys being taken out of games? And sometimes you figure like, wow, that's spot was Freddy as that spot was Molkiser show is great, great, okay, But that's how you have to manage guys like Rojas and Hernandez. You can't bury these guys and play them every four or five days or once a week and expect them to come out there and be on time. That's why those at bats that they get later in games on one side of games are so crucial for them, and in timing in your eyes, and you get under the lights and you get under you know, in a day, I mean you get home played, to see a pitch or two, to track a baseball. You can do all the work you want in the cage, but to have it at bat later in a game and then be involved offensively makes a big difference. Talking to us some of the guys that through the years have done very well off the bench, is like, you know, the manager knew how to manage me. He knew exactly what I needed and win and was able to at least kind of get a read on what I needed to do to stay sharp and those I'll tell you those late game at bats when then Sumpson's lopsided, are so valuable these guys that I'm glad they came through again.
Speaker 7: No doubt. But I didn't feel like last night was lopsided.
Speaker 9: No, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think five runs will of Dodger team. It's you're what you know, one runner and then a couple swings away to be in it.
Speaker 7: No doubt. But it was great to see those guys come out and get the matchup that is advantageous to them. And Andy Pie has, I mean quietly again goes under the radar because if keythk and Rojas and kershot. But he had two hits again tonight and he drove in a big run.
Speaker 2: He smokes a baseball. Pie has shown every one of us that there's times when the game didn't start very well and he was able to correct himself. He's becomes like his own best coach under Tosper and the hitting coaches. But he understands that dipping of the shoulders has disappeared. When he does it, he's able to correct it very quickly and consider something too. David he's hitting velocity, and he's hitting velocity hard by shortening up and coming through in big situations. A lot of hits with two strikes and a lot of hits up the middle of the field. Just a sign of a guy that just understands and is taking care of learning the league a little bit more and getting pitch selection. I'm basy can handled. It doesn't matter what the situation, expecial early he's had high average, and in the clubch he's got a high average, and certainly he's a presence in that bottom line. But he fits in any line up in the big leagues, even you know, hitting in the middle somewhere.
Speaker 7: Do you feel like he's on his way to Atlanta and being part of the All Star team as a reserve, because obviously he probably won't win the popularity vote.
Speaker 2: I feel like he is. You cannot ignore where he is with the RBIs, with a home runs close to three hundred, again, playing outstanding defense, all those things would be taking it the consideration, you know, and remember that the roster s I was at thirty before you know, there's like forty five guys in that roster. Somehow he's going to find a way in that roster because he has earned it, and he's come for being a guy that was close to not getting the motive but not playing a lot to a guy that perhaps is a key factor and contributor to this bulk up. So yeah, Andy Pine is the All Star. I truly hope that's not the way.
Speaker 7: All right, Jose, Before I let you go, how relieved are you that Fernando Tatist Junior was in the starting lineup tonight? I put out a big warning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, many you know, had a kind of you know, swallow up some some things he said. But there's no doubt in my mind. I was glad to see it. They went on the field and play. They got beat again. Unfortunately. Uh you know, it doesn't matter what the Dodgers do, it don't do it. Just powers need to take care of their own business. And Tatoos goes back. So let's breathe a little bit better tonight.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, we'll all sleep so much better now now that we know the threat is out of out of reach now, all right? Tomorrow, Yes, oh yes, that's right. I am delivering the tacos. I owe Pepe and Ingez tomorrow night before the game, and uh, I'll have enough for you and Kochito, Rus and Ephron over there, so you'd be ready.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we sait it in.
Speaker 7: Thanks Dave, Okay, thanks Ose, And look, you know I'll deliver with a smile because I guaranteed a Dodger sweep over the Giants. They did not sweep the Giants, and they won two out of three, so it's a lot easier to deliver on that bet that I lost to Pepe with the Dodgers winning the series and taking three out of four from the padres and Tomorrow night Ice Cube Bobblehead Night at Dodgers Stadium with Dustin May on the mound going up against Jake Irvin Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck begins at six o'clock tomorrow, with first pitch at seven to ten. Thanks to Colinie back at our Burbank Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodgers Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. Hey, case you missed any of the show, you can find it on the iHeartRadio app. And we also had a chance to catch up with tonight's acting manager, Danny Lehman, the Dodger bench coach, who helped the Dodgers get the win tonight as they defeat the National six to five. Fox Sports Radio is next. We'll talk to you tomorrow night. I'm pumped up for ice Cube Bobblehead night. He won't be here, but the Bobblehead will be. That's all that matters. Love you Cube, Thanks for listening. We'll talk to you tomorrow once again. The final score Dodgers beat the Net six to five. See ya
Speaker 6: Just done.