Speaker 1: Went back Baby season three and I said it would have last. Hi, I'm George Atha.
Speaker 2: And I'm Nick, and welcome to the Quick Hands Regulating Podcast. This is the part tell us what it is.
Speaker 3: It's the Quick Hairs podcast. The bull does used to be good, but that did not last. That's why I George watched off the Petes season now gust and Country first year is a corner. We don't walk past Nicks. It have been in shambles since sety six. Dragons haven't done no better. Twenty takes a clinch. Only team that's see success. This path is getting rich. The Broncos keep on taking lots of Tiny's head and this I call up and I'm asking NAUGHTI for some movies. They said that has to sit there for water his defeat Friday night for they in these tip it's just to be complete. I'm off the bench when I see Walls you running for the team. I ain't playing in the NFL. We only mess with getting tries every day time we're killing every team. I'm super crooking with all these hands. I cast them mont to the George Nick Tana after to the stage.
Speaker 2: Please Creakings Regular Podcast, Season three, Episode twenty one. That's episode one one two. Welcome back, guys, George, welcome back. Hey, we're back, We're back. And the apologies for missing the last couple of weeks. Guys, we've been sick. Everyone's been sick. Tenure is still unwell, so she was joining us tonight. But what have we got tonight, George.
Speaker 1: We've got the Greek of mortal come back.
Speaker 4: I'm bad he's back back to the country. I was allowed back in there. Sorry, you got Andy. He was a very good replacement and fantastic.
Speaker 2: Good time the otherwise you and I would have had to border for everyone.
Speaker 1: Good to be back.
Speaker 2: Great to have you back. And I know you're listening. We know you're listening. It's the best wishes. Happy, feel better soon, Yeah, hope you feel better. Should be to be back next week. I won't be here next week because I'll be in the state. But you threaking with the ball. But yeah, George's round twenty.
Speaker 1: Four in the can in the can, nice and tide packed in the can.
Speaker 2: And I'm sorry, George, but I'm turning my back on you this week. I'm going back to Artie.
Speaker 1: He's the man. Good thing of the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the good thing of the week in a royal standards, it's got to be the Indigenous round. Yeah, that was pretty freaking the nice jerseys, all those nice designs on the jerseys and representing all the Aboriginals Indigenous people. It was fantastic. So that's the good thing of the week.
Speaker 1: Good stuff. Can I point it was all great that that would have been one one, but the one that Auckland the war is what they did when when Yes came I was so good. Spectacular. Yeah, it was a spectacular. All of them were, all of them were actually, but that was that was really done well. So I agree, I agree. Yeah, And the next question Artie, because I'm not going to do it, next question for the Nicole.
Speaker 4: Nicole, come on, man started with controversy on Friday.
Speaker 2: What's in the bin. There's gotta be plenty of time, you know what. I'm going to keep it pretty simple and I'm going to go in with this. These penalties for for blocking blocking. Right, we saw Harry Grant. He looked like a professional wrestler, you know, August the wind took him, took him airborne, and it was funny how Nathan Cleary, as you would in the press conference, was obviously frustrated about it, and he called him out, but then within an hour they were real circuling, circulating everywhere of Nathan Cleary doing it himself earlier this year. So the bottom line is we can say what we want, but they're playing to the rules. They're playing to the rules, and and they know they can get away with it, so they are and it's it's horrible to watch. And as soccer fans, we've always we've always grown up been told, oh soccer, they dive. This is even more pathetic. Well it's getting it's getting that bad.
Speaker 4: But soccer's got simulation now where they get fine. People are actually faking and get yellow cards now.
Speaker 2: Because rugby league years exactly.
Speaker 4: So we've got to wait twenty five minutes for them to wake up.
Speaker 1: And we're definitely always say that we're definitely in the dark ages in my mind, and you know what, I know they're playing through. Also, I don't I don't blame each individual player because if it's there, you take it. They've been trying for me.
Speaker 2: For me, it's up to the referee to say no, just apply common sense. Like but I forget who the Penneth player was, was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't move, not really a little bit.
Speaker 4: He didn't.
Speaker 2: He didn't move out of his way to take someone out exactly like seriously, seriously.
Speaker 1: You know what Grant had many many lines could run even it ran straight out. Ye, yeah, it was his handed here. It wasn't you know what the referee and the bunker or the referee basically had no choice by the law. It's right, is it right? No, it's wrong. It makes me sick, but that's what that's what the League of done to us now.
Speaker 4: But the same referee was refereeing, was in the bunker the night after at six o'clock against the Dragon, and we had the same thing happened to King Toogia where the referee, that same referee said play on. So how do you explain that one? How do you explain the same referee giving a penalty for that one in the twenty four months hours later not giving the.
Speaker 2: Probably got it monished. It's just somewhere on that Saturday or whatever it was, you know, whatever it was.
Speaker 1: You know, you know what I do want to know is I want to know what the NRL wants the game to look like, because they're doing a really shitty job at the moment.
Speaker 2: It's just it's the only sport that I at least I'm aware of that every week we're not just talking about the sport. We're always talking about controversies. We're always talking about rule changes, ruling like. It's the only sport where I've ever heard about rule interpretations, like a rules of I don't give a shit how you interpret it, a rules of rule, you know. And there's just so much, so much of this kind of excess noise and baggage around what used to be such a pure game. To watch the purity of the game just it's it's disappearing. It's hard to watch, and you and and well we've all known this for ages. But you watch the game and you can see, you can almost it's almost like having a crystal ball. You can see there's a there's a set restart coming, or you can see a team's been defending their line for three or four consecutive sets, they do it successfully, they get the ball back, they're getting a penalty coming out coming. You just know it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And that's what makes it, that's what's frustrating about it. It's like I want to. I want to enjoy the game and not talk about anything but game.
Speaker 4: After I mentioned if the Grand Finals decided like that, like Harry Green into it will be that would be just. It will be sad, it will be terrible, it will be terrible. It will be a terrible way that season. I've always said I think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's gonna happen. I've always said that in the Grand Final or in the big games, to be final a referee decision when you know cause the the result.
Speaker 2: She Well, we have one thing we have always seen I'm sure you can both agree on, is that the Origin and finals are referee differently. Yes, the way should the game should be referred. But yeah, I'd like to add one more thing because we have missed two weeks, right, so I'd like to add one more thing into that as well, and that is the trainers, because we didn't get a chance to talk about the trainers. Yeah, and some of the crap that we've seen, and and the footage that they showed of the Penrith trainer in the in the attacking line directing the players to the center of the field of where to take the field goal from it's like having a coach on the field. He's pointing. They're playing the ball on the edge and he's pointing and screaming at him over here, you know, throw it over here. You've got to take the kick from here, which they did. Yeah, under six. Why are they on the field? Get him off the field. The trainer should only run on if someone's hurt. Look, you know what they're on there from the kickoff. George Langa plays more minutes now than he did when he was playing.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. There is no need for them to be on. You know what, at the end of the year, they got to look at the video and make some sort of rule, makes some sort of rule for them to come on. Just get them on. The doctors, which I think are the orange shirts.
Speaker 4: Now they've got all different colored shirts.
Speaker 1: So the doctors, well, you know, they can come on because they need to come on, because I'm pretty sure I don't know. I'm pretty sure that I direct play. But those other trainers with the bottles of water, well they playing at the.
Speaker 2: Back of the wall, and like the Penrith trainer, they were complaining that he got he got five or six weeks suspension on fifty Grande right, it was his sixth indiscretion. Well not him, but it was pen sixth indiscretion, whether it's spraying the balls with a water bottle or doing that, or get them off the field, just get them off whenever used to have them on the field.
Speaker 1: You know, this is this is this has been this has been something for a decade or more now. But now it's come to Roos.
Speaker 2: And they're right there from the kick offf they're in the line.
Speaker 1: Make no mistake. And I'm pretty confident because I know penriv everything's rehearsed, so things like that are not. It just happened. There's no way in the world that's the technician. There's no way in the world something the Pindiff does just happens. So, yes, it's wrong, frustrating for me. It's just wrong. It's wrong. And I hope they do something. I hope they do something good the NRL because that's another that's another wrong I think. And you know what what I really hate, you know, when you put bombs up now for the wingers, or you can't contest the ball in the air.
Speaker 2: Why yeah, why how are you supposed to defend your line?
Speaker 1: Well, you can't contest because you might hurt them up in yet when when they're up and if you're trying to catch it too, you can't contest.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, I'm with you. How do you defend the bomb?
Speaker 1: You can't. That's why they let the bomb get caught that comes down, they tackle Now, it's too risky.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. That's score scoring se many because it's.
Speaker 1: Going so many tries. It's crazy. And again I'm going to ask the question, what do they want the game to look like? I want to know. I like a few of Alandi to tell me what the game should look like, because I know why it does it. It doesn't because you want to sell sell the game to I don't know, to an Amazon or something.
Speaker 2: But it does all commercial.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make it right. It doesn't make it right until until the ratings go down. And I've got this funny felling. They're not going to go down until the rains go down. That's the only way he's going to learn a lesson. But as he says in his article, well we're right because all the key indicators are up.
Speaker 4: Y yeah, but are they up because the batter Women's Rugby League and they're including their stats in there as well, so I reckon they're sort of fudging the ratings to look more than the age what it is, that's got to be a lot of.
Speaker 1: Can I give you an analogy just what that's participation, but in terms of ratings, bums on seat that's the miles.
Speaker 2: Can I give you an analogy, if that's all right? Which just popped into my head and it's one that none of us will be happy about. Okay, but those of you can't see us because we don't have Tanya tonight, we've got Wrestling Mania three playing in the background, and it's very similar to what happened with wrestling. We are the rugby league purists, right. Wrestling used to be full of gas making beer drinking crowd. We love watching old school wrestling, and then it's made it more commercial. He made it more character driven, he made it more and the wrestling purists didn't like it. That's what's happening to rugby league and us being the rugby league purists, we're not liking it. That's that's that's the that's the comparison that I see, right. So, so the game that I grew up loving on them, I'm never going to see that again. No, no, and accept that and the fact that the fact that the ratings and all that stuff is up. Like, I get all that, but I'm also watching the game that only slightly resembles the game I grew up loving.
Speaker 1: I understand all that. But rugby league is a game of of of little micro contest contests. So the player the boy used to be a contest. Okay, let's say that's not a contest anymore.
Speaker 2: They ruled it out Benny Alias was the best at breaking the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But what I'm saying is that they've taken every contest out of the game, and they've taken what's the game, They've.
Speaker 2: Taken the brutality out of it, right, And people argue against that point. I get that, But the shoulder charge, you know what I mean? Like, I mean, it's it's by the way, going back to nineteen o eight, it's always been illegal to hit someone in the chops, absolutely right, that's never changed. You're all we're seeing now is we're seeing and we're actually seeing the referees when they're explaining to the captains. Yeah, he did hit the ball carrying arm, but it slid up and hit him in the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he hit the ball.
Speaker 2: Carrying arm like you know what I mean, He didn't hit him high, so it's accidental. It shouldn't be penalized or sinbin. You know, if it's a clean headshot, different story obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, of course I can't. That's my analogy. You know.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like when Kiss made Dynasty. You know, the hardcore fans will put off, we don't want to hear I was made for loving you. This is what's happening with rugby league. It's being sold to the broader audience now, right. It's it's more commercialized than it's ever been, right, and it's it's and it's appeal is on a wider scale to a broader audience, hence the higher ratings and all that we also have. Yeah, it's a stupid it's a stupid comment to make because we have so many more platforms now that didn't exist twenty thirty years ago. So to say, you know, that's like saying, oh, you know, justin Bieber, you know he sold out a concert in ten minutes. Well, there was no internet in the eighties. People had to line up on physically. But it's hardly a record, and that's it's non comparable, you know. So I don't think it's going to change anytime soon. We're either got to get used to it or get off it, which I certainly don't want to do. But it's hard. It's becoming harder and harder to watch. And I know that because I'm I'm not as keen to watch as many games as I used to. Like I used to love having the games on all weekend and now I'm not.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know about unique, but I'll work in the corporate. Yeah there right now the world. And I remember in the early days, you're walking to the office and everyone's talking about rugby league. Everyone knew about rugby league. I'll go into the office. Now the amount of people that watch rugby league, there's not as many as it used to be. It's like some of them are AFL. I don't watch rugle league. I watch AFL.
Speaker 1: Some of them are intered in Nepil only.
Speaker 4: Like I don't understand how rugby league is growing when I'm talking about rugby league to less people each year, Like.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm corporate. I'm corporate myself, and people talk more about soccer than footage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and I will exactly.
Speaker 2: Like if I think about my team, there's a whole bunch of VPR fans. Yeah, none of them watched rugby league.
Speaker 4: I struggled to talk to anyone.
Speaker 2: Pod which is funny because yeah, but it's yeah, I don't know, it's it's like I said, for the for the purist, yeah, it's changed. And the purist is guys like us.
Speaker 1: Maybe we have done with dinosaurs. I don't know, Maybe I am a dinosaurs. I I like the technical part of the game now, but it it drives me crazy and I get sick in the stomach when I see, as Nick said, the pil coming out of dirty ball, or the sixth agains, or you can't contest a kicker. A kicker has to kick a ball, you can't put any pressure on him. Or when you kick a ball to the side, to the side or to the corner for the winger, or you can't contest in the dangerous I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure, and you know what, it's some finding as well. I'm finding that it's degrading the way the people in the high profile, the media and everyone else in the rugby league world treating the fans like we're led to believe the bullshit that comes out of Build's mouth, like he actually thinks that we believe him and the stuff that they and you can tell that a lot of the referee decisions when they came back and talk to him, they're trying to convince us that was the right call when we all know what's you know what I mean, they actually think that we're that dumb that we actually believe them. They're telling us, thank you for saying that, but it's true, like they treat us like we're so due. Man, it's I'm just getting over, especially with Golden. Now now everything all says it's just ridiculous. Now it's just a lie. And the referees, everything that comes out of them is just lies, Like and Valanda has got them handcuffed where you can't say nothing bad. Now you've got to say something good, but you can say they want to, but they can't. So what's the point of reporting on a game when you can't say the truth?
Speaker 2: Andrew raised that point when he was when he was here as well, and like in what sport can you not talk about like refereeing mistakes or performance or you know, don't start me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't star me on that. Like I said, the I mean everything part about the game, from from salaries to you can't talk about refs, on and on on we go. It's it's you know again, it's it feels. It feels like Nazi Sydney. It does.
Speaker 2: I mean, We've had this conversation before. I'm a bit funny about the salaries. I don't know if this salary should be disclosed, but I think the salary as a whole from the club should be disclosed. Maybe not necessarily the individual players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, look the the salaries of each individual player. Like I said, we're the only code that's for enough. I don't really care about that. I don't really care about personally, but if we if we heard some podcasts, I've switched off some pods off for a while, but now I'm back into it. Listen to Kenty's pod. I listened to Ricky Stewart talk about the salary cap is ne salary's necessary? As as Ricky said, if you if you don't know if he does it, he says he doesn't do it. But you say, if you don't cheat, you don't compete. That's what he came out of his mouth.
Speaker 4: So isn't that sado?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you've got you've got all this governance around the salary cap, but then we have these third party deals that we don't know anything about and apparently the clubs aren't involved here. I mean that that opens the back door anything.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not a fan of caps because he doesn't just does all because because the season on dolls and a lot of the I just picked just for it doesn't have to you know. I mean, I'm pretty sure that half of Canterby players I'm not on the money the day two you see your money.
Speaker 4: They've still got Sonny, but Williams money they go.
Speaker 2: Because Gavin knocked back a quarter of a million dollars a year, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think we're dumb, Like honestly, they honestly believe the public is dumb that we believe it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I when I hear you say good, I say.
Speaker 4: All them, all them, Yeah, a lot of clubs, all the media for the storm. How many good players they lost the last five six years? They won a Grand Final five six years ago, and compare how many good players Melbourne have lost to Penrith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody ever lost any mamely.
Speaker 4: One big player that Melbourne have lost Melbourne in five six years a big name player.
Speaker 2: Paramatta is an interesting one. In the last twelve months they've released like eleven or twelve. The latest one is Bailey Simonson. Now yeah, right, but Sean Lanez just retired. Must have so much money. Madison's been pushed out on like there's so many players gone. So they've got so much money to spend, but there's no one to spend it.
Speaker 4: Mister George the same, You've got nothing, there's no one to spend it on.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you, both both of your clubs underneath stacked. You have no idea how stack both of you. We'll see, maned, we'll see. Let's turn.
Speaker 4: It doesn't mean anything, George, because happened to Gavin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what, there's someone Galvin's one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if if anyone wants to just grit them, don't worry mental health.
Speaker 2: Everyone forgets Galvin's Paramatta Jr. Before we went to the Tigers. Yeah, let's let's turn the heat notch up a little bit. Moving in a controversy corner, and this is one that touches the nerves the pain. Hears has turned his back on Australia. He's committed to Samoha. So for me personally, as far as I'm concerned, him, along with Tye Crichton, Loui and Lenny should never be picked for New South Wales again my opinion, I agree with you one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: To me, it was a trial to pick the Australian team. Now these guys aren't going to play for Australia, so play in origin used to be used to be used to be not anymore, it's not anymore. So then just make an all star game. Just make it an All star forget New South Wales goings. They just make no agree American No, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: I don't know about an all Star game because I don't want to see English players here.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just don't understand how someone who wears a jersey the country he was born and raised in, can decided to play for another country. I don't care what the heritage is, you're born and raised here. It shouldn't be an option. It's because going back to what we were speaking about five minutes ago, they want the game to be stronger international. It's the commercialization of the game so the purist like myself, doesn't like it. That's what it boils down to. I don't like it, but that's it's the way of the new world. I just I don't personally like it.
Speaker 4: In terms of the international game, it is growing it and making those teams stronger, which I like. I love that, to be honest. But Origin is Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I barely even watch it. At the end of the season, I'm done with it.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something. Watch Tongue of a Samoa. It's probably one of the best games you'll see. There's so much passion in that. That's old school Origin. They actually hate each other and they go hard. I'd rather watch that than Origin, honestly. Just put tomorrow Tongue of a Samoa and you'll see a better quality game than the Origin.
Speaker 1: You know what, you can most most pundits and commentators go with you. Guys use it the popular use the popular vote. But I actually want to see And I take your point in the core you're spent and you don't watch any and you know, sometimes it's halfway to get up in the mornings to watch ashes as well. But I want the international game to grow because if he doesn't grow. That really is the show piece which you're going to in years to come, in ten, fifteen, twenty years, the international game is going to grow the game, not Origin. Origin is a very domestic game, which is great. Origin has always been the show piece.
Speaker 2: I would argue that players international, I would I would argue that players.
Speaker 1: Would rather wear the Origin jersey than international jersey. Will They probably might do feel that, But I'm talking about world worldwide. And I mean when someone made the Grand the final of the last World Cup, or everybody was talking about it, Yeah, you had the Rock talking about it. I mean what I'm trying to say is that.
Speaker 2: That's that's going to make Rock is from Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's not a small background. Once again, how far back do we want to you know what I mean? Yeah, in terms of in terms of his parents or something. But someone someone with his parents is Simon or tonguean whatever, like you knows what rugby league is. No idea, no no idea. But that's not the issue. I still maintain that the international game will grow the game more in the long term than.
Speaker 2: My concern is that we're talking about growing a game that is flailing right here at home.
Speaker 1: Argue.
Speaker 2: We need to fix We need to fix the foundation game first. Right, We're growing so fast that it's everything suffering for it, everything suffering for it. And this is a divisive topic. Yeah again, Now I'm going to say this. I agree with you guys. The Landis says that he's where wrong, and he's right. The game has never been any better ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I disagree. I disagree to. I find it hard to watch, mind you mind you last what it was outstanding, even even from Harry Grant's academy, was a great game. The game was the game was unbelievable. But yeah, I agree, what a play to win it? We will talk about that later. Yeah, yeah, that was great. I'm so smart. I don't get hung up on that. What's the story of DC? Is he retiring? Is he going to the roosters? What's happenings? Always going to? Okay, I'm I'm going to all the commentators. You know what. The media pissed me off. He's a player who got low board by manly, make no mistake, four hundred K for fifty ok and he's a million dollar players. That's the issues has been getting a million dollars and we all know that DC loves his dollars and cents. Okay, so you go, well, I'm going to go all sweet. So he signed for somewhere else. Now, how that distable number number one? How that's stabilized, Manly, I've got no because players move around all the time. So if that's the case, well I suggest that you look at management. You're gonna look at the coach. If one player can stabilize, stablize the whole team, number that's number one, number two. He loves his dollars. He'll be with Robbo next year with a seven on his back.
Speaker 2: Do they still want him?
Speaker 1: It doesn't really matter.
Speaker 2: His last month has been terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's around the toxic, toxic environment at the moment you put him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that too. I saw that, and I actually agree. I think you put him in a different I agree with that. I agree with that. I think he'd be good for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put this way at right this moment, how wonderful Sam Sam Walker is. Okay, he's not going to get your in. I guess what will at this moment Manly decline? This year they started so well and the professor Seabolt, is he going to be there in November. I think he will be.
Speaker 4: He will be Apparently he's been given assurance. That's always that's always a bad omen.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I think like you know, and it's easy to you've got to look deep into it, right. So the DC thing has been a distraction the whole season because he hasn't he said I'm leaving, but he hasn't said what he's doing. It would have been so much better if he came out up front and said, Okay, I'm going to join the roosters or whatever, and then let's just get on with this season. And they've probably been playing better, but they've had they've had some quite serious injuries as well, which have made a lot. I've got no problem with him being you know, I don't. I don't see why he should be sacked or anything. But you know, there's old boys pushing for his sack and all that, and for me, the old boys just shut up and stay where you are. You were great once upon a time, you're not anymore. You're not part of the current setup. Let's just shut up, stay out of it. I hate hearing about that.
Speaker 1: In terms of anything Sea Bold, in terms of his casionability there is no doubt, no doubt in my mind that the can coach. The coach I.
Speaker 2: Saw you just needs an interpreter.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw on the front page of the Fairfax Fairfax Press h some someone or buzz interviewed some mainly players, and I said, we just don't understand him. If that's true or not true, I don't know it's but it's it's a common it's a common sort of thread through his life. Maybe he needs a certain a certain type of player to coach. But if they actually listen to him, if they actually listen to him, actually actually learn a lot, because the Professon knows more more than most people, you know, I mean thinking though, So he's a good coach, but I just don't think they listened to him personally. And and the other thing is that that team mainly the two, the two Travoyviches. Jake, unfortunately, how much I love him, is holding onto a first grade position because he's probably putting on the market. No one will buy him.
Speaker 2: Well. One of the greatest captain's performances in last year's Origin what do you play sixteen minutes or something?
Speaker 1: Oh, this year he's been Yeah, beside the concussions, he's been ordinary and Turbo let's say he's not the player who he used to be.
Speaker 2: I'll make the same argument I always have, and I've been heavily criticized for this. Turbot has had one great year. Yeah that's all. That's all I've seen. You know, I've seen one great year where he won the Daddy Am and bit and pieces here and there, and ever since then he's been pretty ordinary, to be honest. You know, he'll do one great thing a month, and oh there'll be headlines everything. There's yet there's lesson name players playing better week in week out, all right at the moment, or let's not forget he gott he got moved out of fullback a month ago as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, because of our young Hoppa wirdy. But look, all I can talk about is his last performance. And on the weekend he was Yeah, they all were, they all were. He was so Sea Bottle will be there, DC will be, DC will be We're in red, white and blue.
Speaker 4: And when they when he first came out on Channel was it football? When he came out, they asked him what his next movies and he said, I don't know. Way till the end of the year becaus I might even retire, So maybe he might even retire. It might This might be just media talk because you know.
Speaker 2: It apparently apparently the deal has been done, but it could be. It could be a letter of intent. Yeah, it might not be a contract to the roosters might still be able to back you out of it.
Speaker 1: Which all registered, so they can walk away the registered.
Speaker 2: It's not registered exactly. So but I tend to agree with you, but I think different environment, completely different situation.
Speaker 1: Will you wrap him around with that young rooster's pack? God, oh, godfather, that what I saw on the weekend those last two weeks, that rooster pack at that age, and they played long minutes because they so young.
Speaker 2: This is a guy who two months ago it was captaining Queensland Origin side and then he wasn't good enough.
Speaker 4: I'd take them Saint George for one year. I reckon Saint George would need a guy like him. We're gonna have the old brigade cooking him anyway, the oldest spine in the world. But someone someone like DC's needed. St George. I don't know why they're not going in.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you now. If he was at Saint George, he's one. You've lost six games exactly under under under eight. Well, he would, he would, he would bring you home, he would bring to okay, half those games, three of them, he'll he'll go manage you through because I mean Flano is Flannery. I mean he's like, yeah, he's a first grader, but I don't know if he's a first grade half back. No, okay, but he's a first grade. Yeah. So in other words, us will be in the eighth at the moment, so he's worth everything's be good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, someone like that, or even the Titans or maybe someone on a team like that, I think, but not the russ I don't think you suit at the Roosters record. Well, they've got two good halves at the moment, Walker and and they're playing excellent.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 4: I don't think Robber will want to disrupt.
Speaker 2: I think we've got on this week too.
Speaker 1: He's smart. Look said he will hang around for a year. But that's all D's signed for. So he said he'll hang around for a year. So when you got that assurance.
Speaker 4: But didn't Russ by the Chad for that reason, and he hasn't even played a came.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he was terrible Chad. They tried play three.
Speaker 4: Games, so what would that go through?
Speaker 1: That again? You know what I mean, he's not and still he's want to camp.
Speaker 2: He's want to camp, just like I mean, d you want to comp when? Yeah, but he's been always been the top. I know, I know it's origins, but it's been almost fifteen years since you want to camp? So how much value does that carry today? You know what I mean? Fourteen years? Was a good game manager? No, I know, I know, I know, But.
Speaker 4: In those fifteen years that mainly been in the finals for quite a few of those.
Speaker 2: You know, if you look back over the last thirty forty years, mainly really missed the final. I reckon they've been the most consistent club overall. They really missed the final.
Speaker 1: I think they're the only we've had a wooden spoon. Yeah, exactly. They're a very successful club. And this won't last this, this this is not making the won't last too long. But in terms of d C, yeah, I didn't know. In terms of terms of d C. And and undersell him, I think he's got he's got one more horang.
Speaker 2: Now I'm just I'm just asking is he is he actually going I think I think you will.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think do you think this midget that we're watching on top, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wat King Kong Bundy. That's from one of them. At the end of the matter, I didn't even know that midget. Would a couple of watching this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ting Kong Bundy splashes.
Speaker 1: It's really freaking out. Jeez, here we go. What's this guy? That's a little.
Speaker 2: That's Lord Littlebrook and the Haiti kid right there?
Speaker 1: God, what is this? This is a tag team? Yeah, it's a triple team. Triple tag team.
Speaker 2: King Kong Bundy with two midges and they with two Tell me who's commentating? Jesse the body of that joined them, and in the middle of there's mister baseball bob Ka Bobka.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also, yeah, but that's wait to see the end of the match. King Kong Bunde drops the splash on him. Anyway, Okay, let's let's go into the round. That was round twenty four. What a pearl. One of the games of the season. Don't know if you caught it. Panthers Melbourne. Wow, we talked about the blocking and I didn't think I didn't know that clearly it was going to kick it anyway. But what a way to win the match by Harry Grant. Yeah everyone, he took a risk, but he fulled everyone. But what a game, George.
Speaker 1: I loved it. This was as as I would say, a Rumpy special.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Penriff came on straight away from the first set, Nicola got Storm into a grind, and then not only until they cycled and got them into the grind and in twenty minutes and I'm thinking, good luck getting out of this pendrift. No way, sorry the storm, no when the water are going to get out of it. But you know what they hung on. They kept on hanging in, hanging in, you know, as I go, but it's it's it's it's the system again. Yeah, the storm kept on hanging in, hanging in, hanging in, hanging in. And half time came and was the squat half time? I think you remember, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Oh get anyway, I'll get a yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they hung in. When when they came out second half, Nicola straight away pen Off gone back into the grind. I'm thinking, isn't no way this I've seen this before in the ground four two four pounds. They scored that last try yeah, which kept the which kept them in the game about fifteen minutes, twenty minutes in the in the game. Somehow, with a few drop balls and from really smart kicking, the Storm got out of the grind and started making started making the game a bit of a shootout. I'm thinking, oh, penoff, but I get them back into the back pen better get them back into the grind, because they've had Melbourne's going to go, going to go for gold and Storm Maine storm they did today the field gold, which should have been a field gold but wasn't. And that try you're talking about from Harry Grant was brilliant.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, so so what happens is everyone sprinted out the kicker and he just fulled everyone.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is he picked the ball up, he just saw the two markers split and go okay, and he just went. He went. He just went straight through and and scored a try. The the Coats tries the bombing. If Coach isn't is if Coach isn't one of the best wingers in the game at the moment, far who is? And and and you know what I don't I don't like I don't like monster at fullback but he did a job.
Speaker 4: That was a brave move to move him and put Peasant at seven. That's that's that's something that Monster I think wanted play well. He played well, but Monsters one who said I'll play fullback put the yank kid in the you know.
Speaker 1: What, Peasant game managers all he had to do game manage and looked wish he isn't a game manager, but jeeg run where where these forwards? If you watch it, Katoa, Blaw and Lioda. These Melbourne forwards very very underrated, but get a job done. I'll finished this off. Melbourne one should have won. It's not often I enjoyed it because Melbourne got out of the grind and I haven't seen that too much from from Penriff, but yeah what Penriff. I still got this little heart beat. They've got the harp half but you never know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well if they win that game, it's ten in a row. So they hit nine in a row before this game, so that's an epic, epic effort. Fantastic effort by them to come from where they were exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really enjoyed the game. It's it's a rompy special like guard he would say, I just loved it. The to and fro. You didn't know what was happening. When when? When? When they got out of the grind. I'm sitting there, I'm thinking, my poor wife. Okay, they're out of the grind. How they get out of the grind? They're gonna get backd No, they're not baking. It was so funny. But I loved it. I loved it. I want more and I can't wait. I can't wait the Friday because it's going to be on again.
Speaker 4: High quality game. The completion rates were high. What about Melbourne? They scored five tries to three at the end, so they scored more, just couldn't kick him in the goals. So because of that it got to a closer game. They could have finished it earlier, but yeah, because of their kicking.
Speaker 2: Did you have a chance this three two ones or not? Not for this week?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I didn't ask, but only who the player of the match was, And he said, mister fix Kelvin Klein was matter the match. He kicks the game perfectly. But no, he liked Coats. He thought Coats caught his eye and Cleary was special because no, yeah, he didn't have his partner in crime and yeah, to play a game like that under those circumstances, he did well.
Speaker 2: He's been he's been huge in these last nine wins.
Speaker 1: You know what, what do I hear about the pen A lot of the players are playing with injury, I mean, playing with no hamstring and and PCL and the guy keeps on doing these things, which is a big effort. But and apparently Edwards is again his hamstrings a pretty robbery as well. And I said, I said it about about a month ago, a bit more than a month to go, that Ivan is doing a wonderful job with these kids. How he's developed him so quickly. Again, I'm not I'm not thinking this year much will happen. I'll make the semis and then my win just where.
Speaker 2: They are considering where there were two months ago.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's indicating. Yeah, so he is, as Addie would say, he's caching his socks off honestly, And like I said, I want more. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the war is fourteen points to ten out of the Dragon's pretty late.
Speaker 4: You know what, My team lost that game, but I couldn't be prouder because they lost two of their best forwards in Debellin and Stuart early in the game with head clashes that was sickening, so they both came off and then few we lost hem Sale, So they lost three big forwards and only had a hooker at the on the bench, and then the eighteenth man was Sloan, who's a winner. They had to ask a lot of work rate to come out of those big forwards in Klemor and Gooler, like they don't usually play long minutes, but they put in and to keep the Warriors who were coming forth at bay for most of the game. It took you know, the last ten minutes or twenty minutes on the gast. Yeah, playing under those conditions, it took the Warriors all that time to finally get over him. So great effort by the Dragons. Warriors a bit not very convincing. If that's I don't think they're looking very good for the finals. They're going to be cannon fodder. I think once it comes to finals.
Speaker 2: Losing their half back was a big body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was awful. They didn't play well at all. They're depleted as well, Like you said, they've lost their half back and they've lost a few others. So but there's a few scary signs there. For the Warriors. It was a good win, but it was an ugly win, and against a full strength Dragons. I don't think they would have got that win. The only good thing to come out of our thought the halves Taverda, Harrison Boyd. They looked okay. They were probing through the defense or trying. You had to get something, and they got there in the end, but with some good little moves. But like I said, I think this game spoke more about the Dragons and the Warriors, because we've got some good young bulls in Helen Gahu and Pacific Tonga who are going to be good for next year. And Clamor the old man still got the still got the juice, say you could still work. But yeah, Warriors scary George, wad you see?
Speaker 1: I often say something I say sometimes the wrong team one, Nicola, the wrong team one. This that this week very wrong. I didn't see this coming. But when when George got depleted the head clash happened and the two back rolls came off, that means the rest of the pack of the long minutes, I actually thought, still that would I still thought, yeah, me too. I still thought win.
Speaker 4: But there was a Harry Grand incident, but the same referee said that it was play on.
Speaker 1: Harry Green, mister fix it, can fix it and Adam Pumpy love Adam Pumpy. Yeah, if he mistakes it finds. Yeah, you know what. The Warriors, they've got to improve a little bit. I don't think they'll make the top four, but.
Speaker 4: If they they'll make the APE, I don't I think they might go far after they play that. Honestly, any team would have beaten them. It was like it was a depleted in George side that they could just get over.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know about being disappointing, but they were disappointed. They were disappointing and I think I still think George was the better team on the Yeah, but you know what, sometimes you just got to win ugly and Nico.
Speaker 2: Say, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they were very lucky, very very do we.
Speaker 4: Ever, no no play to call out Klemma one hundred and eighty meters eighty five post contact, thirty eight tackles. The goal was a beast on the night, so one of his best games in a long time.
Speaker 1: Jackson a few years.
Speaker 4: Actually Jackson Jackson forty was solid as well. He got injured, he's gone.
Speaker 1: Is he out? And now he's suspended three weeks? I thought he got crusher crush okay, and can I can we just the fish?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: No, Fish didn't play that well. It was terrible. He was a biggie and uh Rick James played well? Rick James, Yeah, Rick James play. But honestly, I can't say that anyone played. Yeah, I know that. I can't say. And you know what Sloan and I know I I know what he says. I know what he says. It is. But you know when he was in the in the in the clear, and I know til Biggy would picked him up, but I would have just put my back and ran, kick and run because still Biggie was was turned something anything.
Speaker 4: He hasn't got it, mate.
Speaker 1: You know what you put him? You put him on the on the on a penitive back line and you see how good are you? Guys? Yeah? So he won't he should go? Is is he going to go? I don't know that want.
Speaker 4: I don't want him shopping him around exactly anyway.
Speaker 2: In the second Friday and Night game, the Rooster's put a clinic on George thirty two points to the doggies.
Speaker 1: Good, thank you for us, because I've got a lot to say about this.
Speaker 2: What has did Galvin's come along? The wheels have fallen off a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's let's let's go for the bright spots. First outstands.
Speaker 4: Has he had a bad game this year? I think his best year in such good form. Yeah, it's his best year. He should have been in the Origin team. I don't know why he wasn't.
Speaker 1: He'll be. He'll be the daim he's he's been in. That's right. And this this you know what Rob based case socks office as well. This team, this team, this forward pack is scary. They're young, they play long minutes, they're aggressive, and this team can beat you multiple ways. They can. We saw him in the last two weeks. They really physical and direct. If you want to shootout, they'll shoot out with you. You know what, It's taken Robo a while this year because at the start of the year I didn't think they'll make the eighth day. Are looking sensational. Radley comes on and absolutely teachers the opposition a lesson. Billy Smith. You know what, we waited, and we waited.
Speaker 4: He gets tintured that that's the problem. But he's a good player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've waited two shoulders to a c LS. But you know what, he's repaying Robo all the way. And Marky Mark. I'll talk about Markey market at the end, but Marky Mark, Wow, how good is he? Sam Mark Mark? Call him countess. You know what? Since Sam Walker and you don't know, Sam Walker came back about four weeks ago and all of a sudden they just clicked in.
Speaker 4: Think about it, George. Last year they had Manu and in the centers and they replaced it with Toya and Quantas and it's just a good that's mask stroke, honestly, taking you replace two gun centers with other gun centers that I've never played.
Speaker 1: Before, but they've been has been bumbling and stumbling until Sam Walker came back last three to four weeks and his short kicking game, he's outstanding. He's not a game manager, but he's an attacking his attacking weapon. So so you know what, they're going to make the eight, and in the eight they're going to be a problem for some teams. I'm not saying they're going to make a prelim. All going to say is they're going to be a problem. You know, let's go let's go to my team. Disappointing, extremely extremely disappointing. Let's let's go back for a little bit history. We know when you look at the when when you look at the list and you look at the pack, it's another size pack. It's not a star started, Star started pack. So they've got to work really, really hard. They've got to do all that. Those one percentage are what is the the star start to pack.
Speaker 4: You've got Max King of played Origin, you got Kickout, You've got Maney, you got you've got a good site. It's a good pack. It's a very very good pack. You aren't second or third for nothing.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait a minute. All I can tell you is to people problem. All I can tell you is what I've seen. Okay, any time or every time that the other team has gone physically physical on them, they've they've been they've folded roosters. Last week, we all saw it when they went to another level. Okay, four of them dropped off. They weren't even sighted. They couldn't get they couldn't go to that. You know, when I say Pendrith got to take you to a dark dee bar alley. They couldn't go there. Okay. When the Broncos twice took them down to down to the garden path physical okay, they were lost, they were gone. Okay, you weren't here. We got been a forty or fifty mil by the Fins on a cold, wet night because they went direct. Okay, so one so you can say anything you want about the names, but one result gave me a small the tigers, but you guys, they got a bit of revenge. What happened in that game therefore was get on top of them as well. Well, actually that's a little bit different, because they came with energy, they came information, and we thought were going for a for a picnic. Yeah, okay, they and they destroyed us and we looked like reserve graders. And yes, therefore absolutely rolled us. So you can say anything you want, we got names and that or I haven't seen it, because they did the one percentas right, and because they scramble and Sorealdo's got this interesting defensive pattern which I haven't even I've been watching and watching and then understand it. Still, that's how complex it is. Okay, okay, but anytime it's yes, yes, so, but what happens there now, What happens now in the next month, when all the teams click up, click up, all the big teams click up, they can't go. I saw it last year the Semis. We saw three or four games this year.
Speaker 2: I would argue that that's what happens when you change your halves where you're leading the competition and you tell your hooker that he's not welcome there next year.
Speaker 1: Well number one, okay, if they want someone, If they want someone.
Speaker 2: I said it at the time, Nickle, it's easy.
Speaker 1: If they want someone to play on tabe Sexton, well why don't you play table Sexton, because all they've done is gave put Gallvian in running Taby Sexton's lines.
Speaker 2: They were leading the competition with Sex then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but George, they've had a soft drawl. I heard a stat the other day that Saint George have been more Top eight teams. They're the third team against top eight sides, the third best and the teams in front of them are Melbourne and Canberra. Canterbury is won less games against the top eight teams and Saint George. It goes to show their drawers been pretty soft, and they probably and they've got what's the name, They've got Roosters, then they've got the Storm, they've got Penrith, and they've got some other top eight team. So this month is a big test for them. At least two games out of this month and they've only lost one, so well, they're going to make it. It's going to be a tough month for them. And if they don't win any of these games, they're going to get down. Yeah, that's the semi finals are going to be pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Look all until your this when when the Roosters went up to another gi Okay there was four, someone says six, I'll say four who couldn't go? So for all serroudos. I love you, I care for you, I'll die for you. Let's all do it together. Let's do the one percent. Okay, Well, guess what, it's not working because when you tell, when you tell your half back, we don't want you. When I know you got us number two, I know we're top four, but we're going to pick because Gus told me that this kid is going to be going to be the best thing since sliced bread, which I haven't seen okay yet yet say okay? And then the hooker apparently doesn't get along with Soroudo. That's the reason he's been dropped. They don't get along with each other apparently. Now I suggest to you you get along with many. He gets wrong with Soroudo. He probably doesn't get along with Gus. That's what I suggest to you. Okay. Bottom line, I'm disappointed. Uh, they were disappointing.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: They need and I know what you're going to say now, they need a fullback and three three middles more players. They need a fallback and come on, have any more? We know, we know, can you buy?
Speaker 5: We know?
Speaker 4: At seriously agree you just got rid of twenty four players and in another twenty four and you want four more.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, but you know what joke? I agree with you. But you know what's never the coach? Is it? Don't you say?
Speaker 4: If it's given in him in the same mode, fit's given and him are the same. Honestly, they play ship soft draws and they get all the credit because they've beat the bottom teams and everyone praises them and we'll see how they're going the final. Now I'm going to say the same with Sorouda that I saw with.
Speaker 2: I think we get a good reading on the board of this weekend. I don't think you have to win. You're going to Melbourne. It's a tough ask. I don't think you need to win. I think you just need to win respect like from from the performance, I agree, I agree that I don't think the game.
Speaker 1: Look, can I be I'm a little bit emotional because I was guarded because everything the Serroundo has said or not sorry not or this year the last three years that has been there, uh and and all that could fussle that happened with the Pine, yeah you know what I mean. And now he's showing loyalty, no loyalty, And I think that the team is reflecting what what what's happened?
Speaker 2: I think I think you called it. They've got to be upset. It starts with leadership, right. I don't anyone for going after Galvin's signature at the time, right everyone you know, everyone would have wanted him. We did, right, But I think the smart thing would have been to bring him in and put him in cup, you know what I mean. But you had a team that was humming along sand nicely exactly and the halves pery. They don't have to be superstars. Have you remember, I know we lost the Grand Final, but the Eels team of two thousand and one, their records still stand today from that season that they break every record with Michael Buttener and Jason Taylor. You know what I mean, Like, you don't have to have two superstars in the halfs. But for whatever reason, it was working and it was clicking and it was humming along nicely.
Speaker 1: Galvin came in and he.
Speaker 2: Immediately his first introduction in a dog's jersey was the half back running over to the hooker on the field in a game and saying, you're off, I'm taking your spot. It wasn't even pre planned at training. So the half back was shifted to hooker. The hooker was shifted to the bench. We all saw his reaction in the sheds. Right like a week or two later, I said, and and it's upset the apple cart, absolutely, you know what I mean? The players, Phil and many you had feel Good on his podcast, mister fucking Integrity talking about read money. If you go back you can find that this is about maybe seven eight weeks ago now, and he was saying about how he's not going anywhere. You know, he's one of the hardest working players in the camp. Is this he's that?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Five minutes later he's been told to leave and he's gone to the Cowboys, Right. So it has a knock on effect because the players their mates, you know what I mean. So, and and there's always this thing of well, if that can happen to you, that could happen to me.
Speaker 4: Exactly, I'll be watching my back mate.
Speaker 2: If so, there's there's got to be an element of trust that's lacking there. And I think, but I think you got the right people there. I know that Gus can be the cause of the problems, but it's also the best guy to have there. You've got Stephen Cranton and I think you got you got the right people that are steady of the ship, right, And I think I think this is it Friday Night Melbourne. Yeah, I think it's going to be telling. Like I said, in my opinion, you don't have to win the game. I think you just have to win. The players have to win their own their own self esteem back. I think I don't know if that's the right way to put it.
Speaker 1: But let's let's let's see. I'm very damning because it's what's come out of their mouths and what I'm seeing on paper too.
Speaker 4: On paper, it's a good team, don't ever, it's an excellent team. It's a great team.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: He's built a good squad, so there's no excuses. You should be able to beat the Melbourne's on the back.
Speaker 1: A good back line. I'm not sure about the falls.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, Max King and Preston Kicking. They'd walk into any NL team, any NRAL team would have him in the team. Salmon Locke, you know, grand final winner? Yeah, grand final finally George, grand final winner?
Speaker 1: So what else?
Speaker 4: Who else is in your weakest player? The grand final guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All the next?
Speaker 1: King made origin he was he made it this year, no prob. All I can tell you is every time they've been challenged, they failed.
Speaker 4: Give that pack the Flanagan, I reckon St. Georgia in the eighth. Give that pack the Flanagan and they're firing or again that's a top pack. All I can tell you, paramount. All I can tell you is what I see.
Speaker 1: Was it not challenged? The failed?
Speaker 2: Was it not? Was it not that pack that was in first place?
Speaker 4: When yeah, exactly yeah, But look, Nick, I'll go through the run right. Look, they started with Saint George, Titans, Paramatta, Sharks, Knights by Rabbits. So they've played how many teams have they played yet in the eight rubbish to go exactly right, and then they played the Broncos flogged, right, Then they played Titans, then they played the Raiders, and they played the Ruses, and then they've played what Dolphins, Eels, Rabbit, O's buy, Penrith, Broncos. They've got flogged, they've got beaten, then they've got Cowboys, they've had a really soft and Dragons. It's only this week they're playing Melbourne for the first time, which is going to be a big test, and they've got Penrith and then Sharks. So this three weeks is going to really tell you how they get a big test. That's a big, big test.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let's see and we'll talk about it every week. But I have no trust in this team. Look, if they they'll make the semis, I expect them to go out the back door. If they win a game, good.
Speaker 4: They guarantee they're guaranteed top four because the teams behind them. I think fifth, a six behind. They guarantee they'll.
Speaker 1: They'll have well, the soft draw they'll have, they'll have two games in the semi finals. And I don't look, I don't see it. I don't see it. I don't see it. But anyway, the russ were good, very good. They were. They were.
Speaker 2: Let's let's move on to Saturday Super Saturday and the Sharks fifty four points to twenty two over the hapless Gold Coast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the Gold Coast was very very ordinary. That were terrible.
Speaker 2: They started well, they they start was watching it. They started well awful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what, Kronulla scored fifty four.
Speaker 1: Good on them.
Speaker 4: But they led in twenty two against the Gold Coast And that's a worrying sign.
Speaker 1: Honestly.
Speaker 4: Okay, the attacks good, but to letting twenty two against that Gold Coast that played really of that.
Speaker 2: Flat track bullying, isn't it is? You flexh your muscles when you can, So that's a bit of a worry. Flex it against the good teams. It's a worry.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a watch. It was a hard one.
Speaker 2: It's hard to criticize the team that won by scoring fifty four point is it? Is we're going to give him their dusies. Welles played really well.
Speaker 4: That's that's a good thing that came out of that. He had a cracker and hopefully that helps him with his confidence in the next three games.
Speaker 1: You don't know they're not going to sign all Kennedy. Oh, they're not signing it. Well, they've put put three hundred on the on the table, then they pulled it. That's an insult. Yeah, it's insult. They put three hundred on the table, they pulled it, and then they two hundred, two hundred and something. He'll stay for He'll stay for nothing. He'll stay for nothing.
Speaker 4: But is any other team showing interest?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think there you go.
Speaker 2: I still think it's.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll always. I don't know how the team.
Speaker 4: The coaches said, but would you take him at Para?
Speaker 2: Well, Kennedy, we got too full.
Speaker 1: If you didn't have a full you're good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, I think I think he's good.
Speaker 1: He's good. I will take him out.
Speaker 2: We've got to take we've got a problem that we've got two full backs. We don't know which one to use both. It's good, that's a good problem to happen. He's one for you guys. I'm going off memory here, but I'm pretty sure it was Boso in the nineties played two full backs.
Speaker 1: He tried it. He tried it, Yeah, but I think it didn't last very long.
Speaker 2: Vetoed it really or the a RL nsw RL at the time, So two full backs, I'd have to look it out at the same time. Yeah, I'm going to look it up. But I do remember something along those lines. But it went working today's day and age it didn't work. Then I could be wrong. I'm going off memory, but for some reason I'm thinking both. Yeah, let's wrap this one really quickly.
Speaker 1: You know what, Cornelis scored fifty four points against Titans and they're in the polity because I love listening to the plot because they're going to make top four pounds, that's what they're saying, and they're really really happy. They scored four points against the team came up. It's coming last. So let's move on.
Speaker 4: Okay, this game is an interesting one.
Speaker 2: Broncost thirty eight points to twenty eight of the Dolphins. What a game it was, what happened. It was a great game to watch. It was a great to watch.
Speaker 4: Everything he's got to take on it. This is the biggest mystery in the world for me. Right, I was watching the Dolphins demolished the Broncos at twenty eight to fourteen, and I thought, here we go. The Dolphins are going to cause an upset here. It's a matter of how much they're going to win by That's what I honestly thought.
Speaker 1: The Dolphins.
Speaker 4: They were playing excellent and for some reason, while she just clicked and bang, everything just worked perfectly and they scored twenty four and answered to get to thirty eight. It was amazing how the Dolphins just collapsed that quickly. They scored four tries in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 4: And you know what, Catni Steaks owns that game. Every time they played that game. He absolutely plays on fire. And that's why he's an origin player.
Speaker 1: He's an player, I believe. So, Yeah, he's an but he.
Speaker 4: Won't get picked there before. He's not flashy like Lateral. That's why he won't get picked.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't you know what it's going to be flashy like. I know we're going to get to that next. But if you want, if you want Southside doing remove Joe Gray from from the number one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now this, this Broncos Dolphins game amazing. It was so strange, wasn't it. I was loving it. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: I was texting with Tanya during this, all over the shop, up and down, and once I.
Speaker 1: Lose behind.
Speaker 2: Try full of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, the smallest guy in the world, I reckon try Fuller was one of them, that's how.
Speaker 1: And he went through the problems.
Speaker 2: And we were at Day's place watching this. We were actually having dinner. I tired and and with about half an hour ago, three of us were standing in front of getting up, walking over and yeah, it was an unbelievable gray. It was crazy, what a great spectacle.
Speaker 1: It was great. It was great. I'm going to talk a little bit nerd now, a little bit technical. So it intrigues me because I think now watching this and I've got I'm gonna have three weeks of watching it and see if true. I now would give Reese the keys to the castle. What a minute, Let's let's look at what we saw. Okay, let's see if he can back it up in the next three weeks. No, don't get me wrong. Reynolds comes back into his team and he's number seven to the end of the year, and I don't know if he is on the next year. I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: Reynolds, I think he has okay, one one more year, I think I think he's extended and he based, so I think he's going to be a coach there at the end, which is which is great now and I'm offan, oh, that's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: So so what happened? So usually they play something called I call it, I don't know what they call it, A plus B plus. So they stand on on the oppositions, all their shoulders. Okay, So the idea is paying hits the ball up, gets up and plays the ball really quickly. Now the idea with markers are they split check check the dummy half. Then then pressure pressure Reynolds. Yeah, you have the pressure Reynolds and he passes early, the plus goes neutral. Okay. Now do you notice how a lot of the breaks happen off Israel Man? Okay, So because because they're on the shoulders, if paint Huts gets up, gets up really quickly, and then and Walter's passed the ball to Reynolds really quick, really quickly, and the markers don't check Reynolds early. They're all they're all on shoulders and you got real sweeping behind. Yeah, so that's their play. That's it. And on the other side, what's his name, contany steak? Just give him early ball? Then he never he never, he's never in a in a sweep. He just give him early ball. Yeah, okay, But this week Reese played first receiver. He got got the ball from first receiver and ran and ball played. Yeah, and hunt or he was direct. He kicked and he directed. He made sure that everybody was going square, and he fucking looked great. They're all they're all super talented youngsters. They're all super talented people. They're so quick, so big, and it works going direct work. So let's see if it happens again this week. So I don't know. I think by the time by the time they got it, which which was about into the forty fiftieth minute when they started clicking, and they got it, if they keep on doing that, and I can't wait to see him again this week. I know who they play this week.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm looking at now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're playing nights. Oh they're going to smash. They're gonna absolutely noise. But they look so good. So I would be very close, I know' savely one performance but giving rest the kick. You know what, he didn't make any many mistakes because he's he knows he's the man in this. Because when Reynolds comes back, we just does that sweep around the back and comes in off isra off the pluses, if you know what I mean. I don't know if I describe that properly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's after Billy Waters as well, playing five eight.
Speaker 1: That's what he did. Yeah, Bills is a runner. He's been so good for.
Speaker 4: He said he helped Walsh to achieve what he wanted to achieve because he took a bit of that pressure because he did all the grunt work and then he did what she did all the fun.
Speaker 1: I actually, you know what, I actually enjoyed the pattern of play. It's a shame that the Japanese International is gonna go. Yeah, he's going. Unfortunately, where's it going? I'm not sure they can't afford to keep it. They can't, but I look, I enjoyed it. Actually, I thought the Dolphins halftime, I thought Dolphin's going to win and know how much? Yeah, exactly after he clicked, after it all clicked.
Speaker 4: Orge sixteenth minute, the twenty eight fourteen strange and from the six second I think it was or I can't remember what it was. But they got to fifteen minutes, they got four.
Speaker 1: Because it clicked. They got it. They while she, while She and Billy and Hunt, they just got it. And you know what that middle period when Huss how important is that guy?
Speaker 2: Yeh did you see where he almost scored where he just drag fourteen players and his back heading forward.
Speaker 1: He's not human, He's not human, He's a genetic free the twenty minutes of he was off, it went neutral. Then when he came back on, that's when rees Reese off his back just came right into the game. So Payn Haass is the most important player. I do want to say this because I thought that, you know, Reynolds or or Walsh was, but I Reckon Payne is probably the most important playing this team. That's why he's going to be the highest paid player in the game. That's it.
Speaker 4: So it was fifty second second, fifty second minute to the sixty seventh when they got the fifteen minute, I love it.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I honestly more made it even more of a rollercaster for ten, but then she loves the Dolphins too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because I'm I'm I'm a fini. You know what, I'm a big fan as well.
Speaker 4: I'm a big fan of Jamie Jermaine Psycho is kicking. I love every courls.
Speaker 1: Beautifully.
Speaker 4: He's the best kicker in the best best goal kicker Jamaine. You know what, I don't know how he does it because every time he kicks it, it looks so beautiful. It's not going to be it's the best.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: It looks beautiful like he kicks it. Sweet. That's a soccer thing, isn't it. It looks Yeah, I reckon it'd be a good soccer player, good corners.
Speaker 2: In the next game, the Rabbit is twenty points to sixteen over the Eels. I was very disappointed with this one told me about it. Yeah, I don't want to take any away from south because that was awesome there. They had over half a team miss. That's what I'm disappointed about. Really, It's a game apparently I should have won it one but Saus just didn't let it. And they could have quite easily two or three times, but Souths just didn't let it. Happen a great probably had the best game I've seen.
Speaker 1: The great player, he's the best.
Speaker 2: But all of them were South. They just they fought so hard. They won the game on effort. Pretty much para we're a bit disjointed. I think I think Roles made a huge blunder in this game by dropping Dean Hawkins. You know, he's been so solid alongside Moses, especially played against his former club. He would have had a point to prove, so I think he might have learned something from that exactly. But I mean, hats off the South that were really good. Very disappointed as an Eels fan, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Can I give a shout out to Jack Williams. I thought he was out He was good. Yeah, I thought he was outstanding. And you know what, I know long he isn't probably the number six is in his position, but he was still pretty good. He was still good. I think Dylan might have been a little bit down. And I think Moses because of the because because of the Dean Hawkins usually controls or he is at first receiver and Moses plays off the seas. Yeah, so yeah, so that probably threw out so that they just they just weren't was just a little bit off the youngsters, but just through effort. I think, just through effort.
Speaker 4: Teler stunk and also was good.
Speaker 1: Charles Stunkan was very good. It was very good. It's a shame. It's a shame Johnson didn't score try because I was I was hoping we can see the the famous number being scored this year. But I think it might go too next year, can I I was talking to Nicol off off camera, off off pod before and I want to answer to the G Man. The G Man asked me when they beat beat the Broncos. He asked me, well, next week, when when they lose? Because I was explaining. I was explaining their system, Paramatter's system, and I and he said, well, what are you going to say next week when they lose? And and yep, since that conversation, they've lost, they've won and they've lost. I'll tell you what I say. And some some friends of mine heard G Man's comments, and of course the same they went, they went. They went at me straight away. And they're all Paramatter fans. Obviously, I'll tell you what I I'll tell you what I see from Paramatta. I see a very good young coach.
Speaker 2: That lost against Melbourne was a real close one.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it was and and and you can argue that they Melbourne wasn't the best team on the night, but they just know how to win. What do I what do I see from from round one to now? I see a young coach and Jason Rowles I have given have given Paramatta a certain pattern and they stick it. They stick to that pattern week in week out, do the same thing methodically, and if you want to know what it is, it's pretty simple. He's a young coach, so he doesn't prescribe for for for like a Flanno three forwards and kick. Jason moves the ball around. He likes to move the ball around. He puts a mitch on c say two passes out right. Because he plays triple blocks, not double blocks like Penywoold play. He plays triple blocks, and every block there's variations on it, so he might never get to the triple block. He'll get will go block block and they play in that block. So it's it's it's a little bit something you have we haven't seen. We haven't seen in an IRL. So when when they when they went to buy, Nicole told me the guy who bought from from the Warriors? Who the guy you bought from the Warriors? Uh? A position?
Speaker 2: He's a ball player. Oh sorry, I just can't Bill Dylan Brown. No, no, no, I'm drawing to play anyway. Dylan Walker.
Speaker 1: Dylan Walker. So he went and bought Dylan Walker. And I thought, what what a difference is? Difference? What a difference is mad boy? Because he fits into the Jason Rolls block play. He needed he needed someone else to be another boar handler in the block shapes. Okay, so he plays triple blocks both sides. And what I'm trying to get to is I'm not going to bore people with with the way they play. Every week, same thing, same thing, same thing. Now, they're a young team. Sometimes they play at level late, sometimes they play at level six. But guess what, every week, same thing, and guess what next year they're going to be always playing at level seven. Then by the end of the year they'll be playing at level late. Same thing. I'll talk about the Tigers, okay, because they have animational charge game and they be Canterbury. Okay, Well, I don't I don't see I don't see a methodical way of playing. The last five they play, they have and they've got they've done well, and they've done well, and I think they've done better than the.
Speaker 4: Best player taken off them, and I think they've done to the Tigers. He was an important player to the best.
Speaker 1: All I'm trying to say is if I'll prefer to be a paramount of supporter than a Tiger supporter, Okay, because because because I think Jason Roll is a far better coach, okay, far better coach than Benji at the moment, at the moment, and I see it. I see it on on on the on the field, because you know.
Speaker 2: What coaching, it's not just the coaching he's he's got more control than Benji has.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to when he came in, he said, this is how I want things to be. I want to overhaul everything. And the club gave him the rain together. That came with regards to the juniors, with regards to how they do everything, training, with regards to the roster has been given four astronomy.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the roster because I mean, all the West players all they're all first graders, you know, most of them. They're not They're not they're not babies, they're not kids.
Speaker 2: One thing that I keep saying, everyone keeps overlooking is that West have five six premiership winners in that team, the.
Speaker 1: Role players, most of them the role players, but still their premiership winning the play.
Speaker 2: They're not premiership winning, they are, they didn't. Brett Nayden didn't win a premiership with the first year but the role player. But that's not issue.
Speaker 1: This this year is this. I mean, I love him, but Josha Barbliki was a reserve grader at Canby last year. Okay, Zach was Zach, Zach was a is an origin player to paramatter has got some good play. Well, they're all good. But what I'm saying is what I'm saying is the majority of young.
Speaker 4: Players, the youngster or Dylan Brown one point three million dollar.
Speaker 1: He's going off the actually had a bad game.
Speaker 2: If he's a bad player, wouldn't be worth one six or seven of Paris debut this year.
Speaker 1: So what I'm saying is that the youngster, that's all I'm saying. That's what I'm saying, the youngsters. If you want to compare him to West, because Tigers pat the brothers, three of them first year. As I made Lian break yet probably played he actually played well. I think he made a blake.
Speaker 2: Last week. No trisis and I have to say it because he did. This is the guy who this time last year when he were not this time last year in November when he joined the West Tigers. What did he saying his first press are? What wasn't I pressed up when he was being training? If I was here last year, we would have made the eight.
Speaker 4: Four points from the eight. Now they're four points away. They were in the eight until that Galvin disaster happened that threw them off. That's six weeks was disastrous for the time was gone good that were in the eight, just in the fringes and then the ship happened and now they won four or five games in the trit.
Speaker 2: So you can't take twenty five. You can't take away from the fact that the marquee signing has a line break with a trop Okay, but it could be good in addressing.
Speaker 1: It could be I don't care, you're going to go better. Oh, they're stacked underneath, They're stacked underneath Paramount Building. All I'm trying. All I'm trying to say is I'm trying to answer a g man's question. I see a pattern, and the pattern will keep on getting better and better and better, and it's it's a revolution. It's a revolution. And I know you're just watching rugby league play, but when you watch Penryth four years ago, what Ivan produced or the system you juice and it's paid the way it's therefore to see it was revolutional, it's revolutionary. Well, I honestly believe the pattern that the Jason is given them, it will evolve and it will be an extremely extremely improved improve even more. I'm trying to say Nicole and and that and that is it's it's it's a it's a pattern where they can make the eighth and be regular regular, regularly and.
Speaker 2: There's still nowhere need being consistent.
Speaker 1: You very little.
Speaker 2: Look at the names that have been let go just this year, me can rattle them off. Look at the names that have been like go and can I can during the season, Yeah, can if for Hengali, Sean Lane, Madison Simonson. Now and there's another three or four that I can't think of the top of my head. No, that was last year, but I'm talking about during the season.
Speaker 4: During this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, uh self won Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was one of those games was going up and down at the start.
Speaker 1: South School.
Speaker 4: Caddie Walker came on the last Walker set up a try in the end, so he was okay.
Speaker 1: He made a difference Walks for that game.
Speaker 4: If Paramatta had Dylan Brown and Moses in the halves, I think they win that game.
Speaker 2: Brendon Hans, Ryan Madison, Bryce Carpwright, Joe Offer, HEWI, Sean Lane.
Speaker 1: This is on the last two.
Speaker 4: Months cleaning out, cleaning the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to mention r c G. And they've cleaned out.
Speaker 1: He's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've cleaned out, they've cleaned out.
Speaker 4: Massive, he's going putting a stamp, his own stamp on things.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it was. It was good.
Speaker 2: I don't want to take away from South. It was a great win from South. Yeah, great performance, especially seeing that lost the Troll the day before as well.
Speaker 1: Can I answer the question Jeron has a man breaker? He still just looked. I just looked, just look now, just look now, No, Trices.
Speaker 2: Is a different woman. Let me is he going to try did in two weeks ago hit a hit this out place?
Speaker 1: Trices?
Speaker 4: Should we talk about the next game then the next game? Has it got the full year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Coppy, I don't know, but I'll find it. I'll find it. Look at he's made of trices.
Speaker 2: He's definitely, definitely surely he had nothing until two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Something happened. He tripped over. They would have kicked it. Don't grabbed something, something kick something. I kind of find that does that existing? And I really, yeah, it does? Find does it does? Mainly and Tigers Nicola twenty six twelve. The Tigers won mainly were terrible.
Speaker 4: It was like, so you're not gonna give credit to the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but mainly were terrible.
Speaker 4: They cops are trying the first minute and I thought, mainly is gonna absolutely scolled fifty on the Tigers thought, and it was twenty six un answered points and then mainly scored in the end to get to the twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh they did well. Man, the Tigers did arrive. Mainly were terrible. They were. Yeah, boy, I don't know about him, man, Tommy Tommy, Tommy was had a terrible game. Yeah, for his standing at a terrible game. It's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Do you think maybe once DCA leaves they all lift, maybe he could do the problem.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say this again, it could be I'm going to say, be that simple. I don't want to say this again. If one player an influential player, but if one player can unsettle your team that much.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's not trisist. He scored try, he's had a couple of has had a few tricees, but he's got no loan breaks and the tries.
Speaker 1: He sets them up, mate, That's that's the job. He just sets them up for that. If if one player can make and sell team so much, id I suggest you it's not the team, it's the management, or it's the coach. The coach is supposed to sort all that. That's what the coach, because the coach doesn't coach all the trainers. Coach. Do you got a d coach? You got a taking coach? I mean and the and the coach sort of works with you.
Speaker 4: Can you can you see similar thing happening in Sea Balls last year at the Broncos, happening at Manly the Broncos last year, maybe the same things happening now Manly.
Speaker 2: Can you see they were terrible, not taking any away from the targets that was good.
Speaker 1: Were terrible.
Speaker 4: They were they were and they were playing for this season like they had to win that and was it in Brookville?
Speaker 1: It was a combank.
Speaker 4: May was outstanding, the May brothers both were outstanding. Back Line is very good, not bad. You've got that Stafford, Tower and May and then you've got to Rivera and yeah do he and you've got the fullback Buller and what's happening with him? Is he geting tapped up?
Speaker 1: Now? Is that the next one?
Speaker 2: Feeling?
Speaker 1: I got this in the crowd, A couple of.
Speaker 4: Doing well, why would you want to get rid of Connor? Tracy almost get it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. I'm a fan. I'm a fan of Connor. What does he have to do?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I just know Gus, I just know.
Speaker 1: You know it's going to magically happen all of a sudden. He doesn't want someone and Bullets got a blue one. I don't know. Never spoke but never don't know. But yeah, West were good. Mainly were disgraceful and let's move on because this Cowboys points to four out of the happless nights.
Speaker 2: There's really not much to say here, really, Yeah, you can't wait traffic Newcastle.
Speaker 1: Newcastle was playing in.
Speaker 4: Their trip drinking, drink out a blinder, drink.
Speaker 1: Out a blinder. On Newcastle side, the only guy who really put in was a gay guy. He actually put in. And on the other side here you talked about drinking. Drink is always good. He just can't tackle, but he's always he's always good. And you know what, Jason toml makes such a difference when he comes on.
Speaker 4: He hasn't had a good year, such a and he was having a bit of issues with Peyton. Now these two coaches, are they under pressure? Are they going to be there next year?
Speaker 1: Peyton? And they are? I think they are.
Speaker 4: I want Payton to be there. I think he deserves to be there.
Speaker 1: I think I think they're both going to be Brien to be there. I think he's going to be there.
Speaker 4: I think he whispers, man, that doesn't sound I would give.
Speaker 1: Him, if not half a season, I think I'll give him another season with the team, and then if it's if he's diabolical, they forget, they're gonna they're gonna have to pay him out and they they haven't got the money of the paymount.
Speaker 4: The thing is he's got him to finals three times and he's one finals games, not like he's won his first one. I'm telling you he's a good coach.
Speaker 1: O'Brien.
Speaker 4: He's just cattle. It's just something with the cattle there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It ain't happening at the moment. Happened. It's a bad year. But look, compared to much reliance on Ponger, maybe you reckon. Maybe maybe look between these two teams. If you really want to know which coach should be under pressure, it's got to be Peyton because look at the look at the roster. Yeah, the Cowboys are outstanding, So he should be under pressure. Like I want him to stay there because I think.
Speaker 4: He got the team into the finals his first season. But look look at Rod and now everyone's waxing lyrical about Cerros and Ryles and all that, and now you've got Webster and Peyton in their first season, got these teams who were diabolical, Warriors were nothing, and then they got him in the Grand finals the same with So those two coaches are really good and they're under the pressure already under pressure Peyton now and I'm not Webster yet, but but Peyton's under pressure and he got his team in one game from a Grand Final.
Speaker 1: That makes him last year.
Speaker 2: I can't remember it, but I mean it's it's hard to compare because both Surroundo and Riles went into a club and stripped it back.
Speaker 4: Well they did did the same thing. He didn't have a good team back then, and we did Peyton. Yeah that was a pretty ship team you in there.
Speaker 2: But they didn't Webster and Peyton didn't strip those teams back.
Speaker 4: Webster had the Warriors come on. The Warriors were never want to trip the club.
Speaker 1: Just stripping as they were all there. They're always kids were there. Yeah, they're rull there. They just brought them up. That's yeah, Yeah, that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: It didn't go and throw away bringing and it's not the pressure so feeble twenty four players would have been better for Webster what he does, but he brought.
Speaker 1: In all these kids and yeah, but it's done well. I think for me, he's under pressure. What are you talking about. I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: I don't hear about him getting spoken about the Hall of Fame coaches in the Hall of Fame already. I'm telling you now the Hall of Famous.
Speaker 2: If you.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen to the next these two teams have been disappointed all you really and these two coaches will be there next year because the real, the real disappointment.
Speaker 2: Of this round was that there was no Ricky Stuart press conference. Moving into crystal Ball, that's let's swing throughout opening Thursday night. We've got the Rabbit's hosting the Dragons at Home Bush.
Speaker 4: Both depleted apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a really tough one to pick it the Rabbit, You got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're getting call my tongue back, I think I remember, and Codie Walkers back. So they're starting to get sum back. We're saying he was back last week.
Speaker 1: Is not? He's on the bench. On the bench, okay, yeah, the bench maybe poor Dodd. I think Bennett said I don't want you to go away? Now. Did Ben bring him? No, I didn't know. No, he didn't bring you. But what we've seen you haven't who got there with the previous coach? No, no, no, he didn't know either. No, none of the CEO. They saw some. Yeah, they saw some and they brought him over. You told me, dog dog here, what the hell? What so you tipping? Uh? I'm going I'm going south. So we're all going south.
Speaker 2: We're all going This is a great one. Panthers Raiders at glen Widow Oval. Is that that the bush?
Speaker 1: No, No, that's glen Willow Oval. That's the place they played once a year. I'll tell you know, Forbes or somewhere Batist maybe probably better they played play they play a game once a year there what is it? Where is it now?
Speaker 2: So I'm looking now, uh so the budgie.
Speaker 1: If if Raiders lose, do they drop first? Now? This will still come first? There still coming. Okay, I think I'll go this one. Yeah, I'm going back. Yeah, Well he's on the extend of the bench, so I don't think. Okay, I don't know. He's on the extend of the bench. Doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 4: Ricky is going to be in their ears this one. This is a Grand Final ball. I'm going to get Raiders.
Speaker 2: It's I'm not I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm going to at Penrith.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, Ricky is in their ears. Storm Bulldogs in Melbourne, Melbourne in this one.
Speaker 4: You've got to get Melbourne this one because it's in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think then for me, their favorites to win it.
Speaker 4: Any troops coming back or anything. Hughes are still out. He's still as he won't be, so it'll be the same same as last week, same as last year, last week, and Doggies are not losing anyone were.
Speaker 1: No exactly the same. Someone spend.
Speaker 4: Now it's still Tuesday. They might sign three players.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 1: Maybe till he's on the extend of the bench.
Speaker 4: Bullet might be playing running out on number one by Friday.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Sotilli is on the on the on the extend of the bench. I hope he's in. Myself. Montoya's on the extended bench. I hope he's in than youll salute for feeders on the extend of the bench. I hope he's in the team as well.
Speaker 4: It's the forwards, George, who's the forwards up against Melbourne? Which forwards are you got? Well, the same thing King Hay would use kick out, Preston and Salmon.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Storm, Storm Specials, Roosters, Dolphins, Sorry, Seagulls Dolphins on Saturday at Brookville. You've gotta get Dolphins.
Speaker 1: And yeah, they're a good team.
Speaker 4: They're not a bad Christian we've been we've been on a more year. That's his first year too, so Christians having a good year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've been. We've been on a more year.
Speaker 2: Gold Coast are hosting the Warriors. I'll have to get the worries.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, this is going to be a fumbler thum. You know what, I'm going to bring it upset. I'm going to get Titans. Yeah that was terrible last week. Trust me, Warriors, weren't that terrible?
Speaker 1: Terrible? You know what it is. It is it's a sea World as well. He said sea World as well. So oh j Breen at Sea World. You know they've got to win Warriors back after they get fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad. I'm glad that I'm going out for dinner. Paris hosting the Roosters. You're going nah, No, I'm going out for dinner. Okay, So I'm a I'm a Para fan. But what Rousters showed us the last two week seven point thirty? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ros if you want to go, if you guys, I'd love to, man, we'll go. We're going there, take the pastors and going. So I'll go.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Chucks. Yeah, me too, to Chocks. Masaca. Newcastle are hosting Brisbane.
Speaker 1: That's that's easy. A minute, what oh man?
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: They're not playing in Brisbane and it's the sun will be out. It's two o'clock in the afternoon. Patch me. I'm dreaming that's still flog them pretty sick.
Speaker 2: One would be an interesting one at four o'clock on Sunday afternoon. And like c over Tigers Cowboys. Wo, I think I'll go to Targers in this one.
Speaker 4: That's the grand find a replay from what you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Slick the Doctor of Style, I'll go to Tigers in this one. I'm going to go to Tigers and the Sharks have the b What I.
Speaker 4: Think if Tigers win this they cement ninth or tenth spot because I think I don't think St.
Speaker 1: George and Cowboys can catch him. No, No, that's not what I'm just say this because I think that's the latter. Listen, listen to what Nichol said. Sharks have got the by right now with three weeks ago, Sharks have.
Speaker 4: Got the boss said tenth spot, not a tenth.
Speaker 1: Sharks. What about Sharks have got the by? Yeah? Nice timing is it? Sharks have got the bike go next week? Probably a given two eyes. Bloody fucking what's his name?
Speaker 4: Did draw last year, Copparents and what's his name? Gavin Miller, both of them the next week.
Speaker 1: No, why no, why no, what you're you know what? I believe you now, I believe what you say.
Speaker 4: It is going to make it in the eighth. There go fourth, that's what it's.
Speaker 1: The threes in her own now, top.
Speaker 4: Four, they make top four, No they can't, they can. Hendris will get the fourth, won't they?
Speaker 1: If they keep on winning and I think get the Broncos. I forget the Broncos. Of course you would. That'd be surprised if Broncos come forth. That's a quick ladder watch.
Speaker 4: So the Sharks are on thirty with my letter watch and thirty two is fourth, so they're two points behind. So they've got to rely on they're gonna win the next three games. Panthers have to win every game.
Speaker 1: Yeah they won't.
Speaker 4: Big game, Okay, Panthers will beat Camber. Then I'm changing my tip.
Speaker 1: Penrith camera minute. The Broncos, the Bronco, the Broncos. They've got knights. But but we're we're saying the Broncos if they win all their games, not come forth.
Speaker 4: Isn't the top four battle going to be around Look, this is my I reckon. Fifth spot is the best spot to be in the finals anyway, do why don't we not bother with the hypotheticals. We'll just we'll just wait to see what happens a week on the way. Trust be fifth spots of one where you want to be.
Speaker 2: George, it's a ship load better than fifteen. George, What have you fourth? Because fourth you play first, whereas fifty play eighth.
Speaker 1: You got anything for us this week? Got nothing? Super League? If you want or you're doing so, let's wrap it up. Let's let's wrap it up. You've got yep, super league last week. It's interesting, very interesting. Now who left? See eighteen Lee Leopard's the Pods team, the team with the twelve They lost Wigham six, Hull KR ten. Game of this game of the season, game of the year. It was sensational. You know what, Sometimes I hate myself for getting up so early in the morning. On this occasion, it was the right decision. It was the best game. Saint Helen's fifty two, Huntersfield four, Castleford six. Brad Arthur with his Leeds team sixty four and sixty four and Nicole Brad signed for another year yeah, I read that. Actually the Mayor of Leeds went to his house offered him the key to the city. I think miss Arthur has got a cooking show on the BBC there. They've done anything to keep him because you know what and the and when Ossie coaches go there they usually bring Australians or they buy he's done nothing whatever, coach.
Speaker 2: Man, it's just ten years apart.
Speaker 1: Was time to move. But he's a damn good coach. Good coach.
Speaker 2: I reckon he'd be perfect. I said this one hundred times. No piss Benji off. I reckon he'd be perfect for the Tiger.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 4: I reckon he'll be perfect for I reckon it's going he'll get you to the eighth. Yeah times, he'll be good at the title.
Speaker 2: I said he would be great for three years then moving on four maybe yeah, but no, no, he will become twelve very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Warrington thirty Cutalines twenty two. Big Sam is having some issues. He won, he's out of the eighth and he won't make the semifinals. He's sacked the mad Italian, he's sacked Duffy. He's got them more in reserve. Great and told him to go and the team is arguing like he's lost, addressing him. I don't know what Sam's done. I don't know what he's done. But there's problems in Paradise. Then Nicola and we had we've got a problem. We've got a problem in English ranks Solford and Wakefield. That what happened? Then didn't they play? Yeah, no they didn't. So what happened was they had they had the fourth of the game because they didn't want Yeah, they didn't have a team to put on because what the hell. Yeah, it's it's crazy. It's it's absolutely ludicrous. You know what what they for for it? Because the guy who aims them that doesn't pay, doesn't pay any money. So they had the all the team have gone to all the other teams. They had a bunch of nineteen year olders and he goes, we can't put nineteen year olders against Man. So they had the fourth. So it's it's it's crazy, it's crazy. What's happening in England at the moment. The top six and Nicola whole KR thirty eight and racing ahead Wigan thirty two, Saint Helen's thirty Helen's Yeah left are in the bottom of fifth. They're doing well. Now be back on the third. Brad Arthur's team thirty Lee Leppard's a team of the Auglas Jersey in the World twenty nine and Hull FC twenty five. Remember all the talk about but before you.
Speaker 4: Go, Mateka play Leeds this week so it's going to be a crack and St Helen's playf So three verse six. There are two games to watch. I'm telling you now. Next year, I'm watching super Leak.
Speaker 1: I'm watching it. I think it's more exciting. It's good, it's gonna good. Only get up early next weekend. It is good weekend. I've got some news. Remember all the hullaballoo NRL buying super League, Well, because they're absolutely stupid in England and they just look at the dollar value and not not the big picture. There's some other idiot that's come in and supposedly going to buy the Super League and this is what's going to happen next year. It's going to go from twelve teams to fourteen teams. Okay, one team that's going to be added is to lose for sure, then there'll there'll be bits for the other other spot. Looks like it looks like London Broncos might be the one from now they can have from seven overseas players, they can have ten overseas players. Oh wow, yep, the cap goes up to four point two million, but they forget the Marquee players are zero on the cap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so if you've got ten, don't forget that's euros.
Speaker 4: How many Marquis players are they allowed?
Speaker 1: They can have ten? The cap being in Australia's yeah generally yeah, generally okay, And is count as a market.
Speaker 4: He's going to he's going to know that's why he's signedists undield Field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of players. And by the way, you know your your back Roun who went to hundess Field. He looks like a future future mortal, which one what Madison log the Mortel look he's saying, popping go to the line.
Speaker 2: He's only on load trying. He's contracted finished year. They're trying to offload him.
Speaker 1: Is he on big dollars? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's six hundred fifty to get.
Speaker 4: Him off.
Speaker 1: Landon is uh a few of Orlandis is back to his old tricks. Nicolau. He's made a new rule. Well last month he's made on your rule. Uh, it's the rookie rule. Yes, I heard it. If you've played three games at a high level in another code, union union fragments sake, you can't come to n r L and be a rookie or code n RL.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Quantas can't get the player Rookie of the year.
Speaker 1: And and what what and poor guy?
Speaker 2: And what I'm say another coage you don't even recognize.
Speaker 1: It, thank you very much. Well, this just happened all of a sudden and I think it was a lot of talk a couple of weeks ago that Quantas was leading the rookie race. And over his dead body, he's dead. That's what I think. Changed the rule mid season. He changed not only three quarters away through the season.
Speaker 4: Union look good as if their players are so superior, they come in the league and they dominate.
Speaker 1: I think that's the way. That's what he's worried about. And just to finish it off, of course, we're having the Pacific Nation Cup at the end of the year. As we know, Australia's playing three tests for the Ashes and it's going to be I can't wait. It's going to be exciting, and we're having a World Cup qualifier as well within that Pacific nation, South Africa versus Cook Island and good on the South Africans. I still think Cook Islands are going to win, but they're in there in the hunt in Greece, isn't is this rugby league.
Speaker 4: They've got off season, so they've got off season. Now off season up there. They' getting supplements on the bottles, so getting ready for the season.
Speaker 1: That's me. And now that we've got the whole gang back together, I'll i'll biff up my bulk up my my segment with some music and this and that's the worst. Some fun from next week.
Speaker 2: Better joined us next week spot on one forty five to the minute.
Speaker 1: There you go. That wraps it up.
Speaker 2: So just a reminder game guys, I won't be here, so you guys have to drive next week my absence. I will be listening it's coming on. Yeah, ok, yeah, I'll be in Melbourne. But yeah, that wraps up Episode twenty one. And I can't wait. I can't wait for this Friday's games. We've got two crackers. Yeah, I called it Friday. Yeah, it's the next good Friday. It's going to be a crack, you should be fined and suspended. That's the stick. Yeah alright, so thanks everyone, have a great week and enjoy your footy.
Speaker 1: Be right happy, jeez.