Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond You Jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Copping and Lend Injury Attorneys. Good morning, Mike Bianchi there from the luxury condo somewhere deep in the bows of Metro West.
Speaker 3: Good morning, gentlemen. How are you today?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Wonderful?
Speaker 3: You uh doing better than Miami Dolphins fans. It was official yesterday. Tua has been placed on injured reserve because of the concussion issue. He suffered that concussion obviously a week ago Thursday night and that loss to the Buffalo Bills. Uh per NFL rules. He's on. You know, he's gonna have to miss at least four games. There's no timetable for how long he's going to be out. The Dolphins have signed the back another quarterback, Tyler Huntley, from the Baltimore Ravens practice squad. Skuyler Thompson, the third year QB. He's gonna art Sunday's game against Seattle and now Tula, you know, it's unclear when he's going to be back. And I said this when when Tua went down, I fear that the Dolphins are gonna go nowhere this season. I don't think Skyler Thompson is going to take them anywhere. We don't know when Toula is gonna get back. Now, obviously they still have a talented roster. But wow, bad news for the Dolphins, Lynch.
Speaker 2: I'm not a doctor, so I have no idea. You know what the extent of whatever's going on with him is, but you know, none of it really vodes well for everything you just referred to.
Speaker 3: So right, right, big news in college football. I'm not it's it's an ingenious idea by Danny White, the athletic director at Tennessee, But I don't like it. I hate it. This is believed to be the first arrangement of its kind. Tennessee fans will be charged a ten percent quote talent fee on tickets to help pay athletes as part of the new revenue sharing plan that's set to begin next season. The university shared the news with an email yesterday to their season ticket holders, a big video from Danny White telling them, Hey, this talent fee's gonna help us dominate college football.
Speaker 2: I hate this.
Speaker 3: I hate the fact that right first of all, nil, Hey, let's have the boosters and fans pay for pay for the players. Now they're having the season ticket holders pay for the players. Why don't they use some of this TV money and all of this wasted money that they use on buying coaching, buying out coaches to pay the players instead of sticking it to the fans.
Speaker 1: My season ticket would be burnt right in front of a video camera and sent to Danny White because I'm telling and that dude's cool, he was a UCF and all that.
Speaker 3: But reality is, man.
Speaker 1: You you it's hard to get well, not as much at Tennessee, but kids to stay at the stadium, and and people to stay at the stadium for certain games.
Speaker 2: Goodbye? Why uh why even tout this? Why not just raise the prices? Interesting? You know, just raise the prices?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Be ten is a pretty big price price of everything is going up. I mean, you know it's not. I guess I'm not advocating for a price increase. I'm just saying I think it's going to draw I wanted anger. Yeah, people conditioned to expect the price of everything to go up, I guess, is my point?
Speaker 3: Well, I I guess there has to be some accounting as to where this money is going. So maybe that's why they announced it. But but does anybody do you doubt that every school is going to start doing this? Now?
Speaker 2: Why not just double the price of the hot dogs at the concession stand while you're out and put it towards that fund as well?
Speaker 4: Tell you what if, if if if u c F does it, not not accusing them that they would. I'm not going to another game just for the just for the pat What do you always call it about the shop fee at a garage?
Speaker 2: The principle, the principle of it.
Speaker 3: I'm not going.
Speaker 2: No, I'm trying. I'm getting all back to that. I mean, have whatever fees you want. Just here's the price, just taco. Or would you pull your large donations?
Speaker 1: Oh my booster money's out if that was the case. Again, again, this is Tennessee, not UCF.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: What level of donor are you taker?
Speaker 2: I'm the hey bulldog. Just to be clear here, is this just on season tickets or is this on individual this?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is as and it's on all sports as well. All right, So if the you know, the softball, you know fans have to you know, pay it extra ten percent for the softball players in IL.
Speaker 1: Oh. My god, dude, this is getting surreal. I'm telling you, my daughter goes to UF. Not like I'm a UF fan by any means no offense anybody there or not there. But if they do that there, I'll never go to another game. I mean, it could be my excuse. I'll go to the tailgate now speak.
Speaker 3: Speaking of all this, Georgia, the state legislature in Georgia, Uh, they passed a law that Georgia can all the colleges in Georgia, but mainly the Georgia Bulldogs. That that that Georgia can now immediately begin paying their athletes directly, and the n c Double A can't do anything about it in the state of Georgia. So it's unbelievable. College football is just again the wild wild West. There's no legislation. The n c Double A can't do anything because the politicians in each of these separate states said, hell, no, can't do that here, can't have any rules in our state.
Speaker 2: Uh huh. Hey at this point, why even bother within NC Double A.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm just I'm just saying about the NCAA has no power. Right, they have no power to do anything. They try to do, they either get sued or the politicians in the separate states overrule them. I'll go one.
Speaker 2: I'll go one further than eliminating that.
Speaker 1: How about if we just eliminate college football and throw them all right into the baby pro leagues. And well, that's what we're doing. We're paying them like that. And how many of those of the of the players actually give a rats ass about school any Oh, I don't hear anything.
Speaker 3: It's right into the pros. Good, go ahead, boys thinking about you're talking about our student athletes your taco ball.
Speaker 2: Damn straight.
Speaker 3: I am the ones that don't really care.
Speaker 2: And hey, there's an Orlando City match tonight, bulldog hut. That's right.
Speaker 3: Orlando City needs to stay hot, baby. They are in fifth spot in the standings now getting ready for the playoffs, so hopefully they can keep it going tonight. What time is that game?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't know, seven something at the stadium downtown.
Speaker 3: The Purple pat just call it the Purple Palace, all right.
Speaker 2: It's Mike the Bulldog Bianchy, host of Open Mic over on AM seven forty and FM ninety six. Ninety game takes a few minutes out of his show each morning to join us here on JRR for the sports page, brought you by coffmin Inland.
Speaker 3: That's right. You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coppin every Saturday morning FM ninety six y nine. In the Game, you can listen to Extend by the Way seven thirty am. You can listen to extended versions on your favorite streaming platform. Oh Oh, Switch and Taco are always on demand.
Speaker 1: Download their podcast daily on our free irradio app.
Speaker 3: Get it now at w j r R dot com.