Speaker 1: All right, you're a strutum.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: How are you doing, man.
Speaker 2: I'm doing fantastic. Thanks for the opportunity and I'm looking forward to have a good conversation with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm likewise, I always enjoy talking to you South Africans. You are even among your countrymen, particularly impressive. You can highly recommend it. So if you could describe who are you and what do you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if there are some of your some of your viewers who haven't heard of the community of Urania. I think South Africa has been in the limelight in the past few years, especially with the American interest growing into South Africa and South Africans again Africanas specifically. But the truth is that the challenges that we are facing today in South Africa is not something that is all that new. It's something that anyone who were willing and able to try and look into the future and try to predict certain things could see quite a few years back. To an extent that the founders of this project is community. Okay, So Urania is a very specific community and that is a community that already in the nineteen eighties started in terms of ideological context and it was people who said they see that change is coming, and that change is going to be possibly catastrophic for Africaners as a group, as a nation, as a people what we call in Africans a folk, to survive, and in order to survive what is coming, it's not enough to just be pragmatic. You need to establish something lasting. You need to actually go out and do some trioch and establish something before the worst happens. And there is a set of let's say, rules that they created in terms of what is necessary for us as a people to survive. And that is what the effort is. It is an effort of the both the survivability of a people as well as the freedom of a people. And our argument broadly could be described as what must we change about ourselves, what must be sacrificed, what must we set as non negotiable rules for the next generations to thrive. So in the nineteen eighties, already before major political change happened in South Africa, these people said, okay, what we need to do is if we want to survive, there's only one way, and that is to be a demographic majority in an area. If that is the conclusion, then there are certain requirements, most important probably being the idea of own labor, and I think we can maybe discuss that in lengths later in this conversation, because that is the most cardinal policy of Urania. That is the most necessary thing in terms of Urania's survival and we as a people survival. So we said, we need our own piece of land. On that we must build own institutions, and that must all be done with our own labor, and that is the way forward. Urania has been established ideologically in nineteen eighty eight, physically in nineteen ninety one when land was purchased, and ever since then the big and daunting task of actually bowlding institutions, erecting infrastructure and continuing a life year in this part of the country has been a very interesting journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so several things there. One, you describe the sort of forward looking nature of it, right, the idea that this that there was this negative event coming over the horizon. I have your countrymen on quite regularly. But just for the sake of the argument, was that prediction correct? Right? What did you know the people who founded the c coming and what is life like in the rest of South Africa? I understand that a lot of the coverage is over the top, you know, particularly from shall we say, you know, American and Canadian influencers. I'll leave it at that, but were they correct in that gas?
Speaker 2: I think there are a few arguments to be made, but in general, for the African people, there's two specific things to look at. One is his standard of living, safety, security and so on, which declined general public services, ability to integrate into the general public life, which which happened to now be a dangerous inserviceable are many things that I think you your viewers possibly can't even comprehend that the lack of service delivery, thrash piling up in the streets, rolling blackouts, you know, many negative things. But even that is not the main factor for me, and it's not the main factor for can I say the true believers of Arana, the people who believe in this idea and the solution, the truth thing. The true issue is a loss of freedom. The loss of freedom and the loss of the ability to craft your own future that goes with it. It is bad to live in dire economic circumstances. It's dire. It's bad to have opportunities taken away from you. It is bad to have the risk of being murdered or being raped or being robbed constantly. And it is bad when the streets of South Africa are overflowing with sewage and things like that. Obviously, they are still some islands of excellence and we can also speak about that maybe, but in general there's a lot of decline in regards to infrastructure. What is worse than all those things, Arguably one of the worst fates they could possibly be is to not be in control of your own future, not having the opportunity to take the responsibility to be in a certain extent, to be someone sitting on the bench, not participating, to be just someone in the crowd looking as other players play out the game. That is your future and the future of your children and the future of your people. That is a worse fate than just having bad civice delivery or insecure environment. And that is to somewhat our collective fate. It's not necessarily our individual faith right, So individually South Africans Africanas still have opportunities in the country, don't I don't deny that. I also think that they still have international opportunities. Many of them immigrate and go seek on an individual basis, they go and seek better time. On the individual basis, they go and they say, listen, eighteen murders per day in a country is just not normal. We need to get out of here. Far murders and the brutality that goes with it's not normal. We need to get out of here. The fact that therese one hundred and forty plus laws based on race is bad. I need to get out of here. Or the fact that in the heights of load shedding, which is somewhat better now, but in the heights of load shedding when we had up to twelve hours without electricity a day, is so bad that I would rather go to Australia, Canada, America, Britain wherever. That is an individual choice, and it's good and people should have their choice, as they should have the choice to now take up the American President Donald Trump's offer to immigrate to the United States as refugees. They should have those options. Those are individual options. Those are choices that individual or an individual family or an individual couple and make and they can go look for a very future. If that, if individualism was all there is to life. These sample opportunities in Southern Africa, South Africa and its neighboring countries as well as the is of the world, especially the West. But that is not what we are looking for. That is not what we want. It's not what we dream of and it's not what we want to achieve in South Africa. It is possible to buy yourself quite a luxurious lifestyle, even even to some extent a safe lifestyle by privatizing service delivery and paying on top of your tax. Is just much more to privatize your security, to privatize your water, to privatize your electricity and so on, and just leve behind big walls and go out to certain areas and still have a good and luxurious life. It is possible. Those are individual solutions, as is refugee status in the US or immigration to the anglosphere. In general. What we are looking and it's one of the things that people must understand about Urania. That's not what we are looking for. We want a public life, We want our language to flourish in a collective scenes. We want our people to flourish in terms of their religion, in terms of their values, in terms of what they believe in a collective scenes, not only in individual scenes. There must be public spaces that are Africaner Christian spaces. If you don't have that, you just have an individual, privatized future for yourself. And it's not necessarily selfish. It can be selfish, but that's not our end goal. We want to make an area that is free, that is that is that is Africaner and that is Christian and that we can live and thrive on. If there is no public schools where your language and your religion has been put first, if there are no public spaces where your children can plain their own languages, if there are no higher education, university level education, and public churches where those things can thrive, then you might have an individualized few, but you don't have a future photo people. And that is the key, in my opinion, for the success of pot Anya and what we want to do and what we want to achieve.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the immigration, and you know, as an American, I'm of two minds about it. One we have quite a lot of immigration to my country, and if you know, more of them were people like you and yours, I'd be quite happy about that. Right given the you know, given the system as it is, but at the same time I see that being sort of a path to cultural annihilation. Right you have people who move out of a community based off of that you know, common ancestry, that language, that culture. And okay, sure there may be a neighborhood that's you know, forty fifty seventy percent South African, but the schools those children will go to will be Westernized for good or frail. You know, they will be Americans, they will be Brits, they will be Australians in a generation or two. And so I understand that that is an individually rational decision. You might well live better in Melbourne than you could and you know that some city in South Africa, and so individually that makes a great deal of sense. But when we look at this collectively, right you you know, whoever this is, as a like a bearer of culture, someone who is part of something bigger than themselves, many of those individual rational decisions, well they don't look so rational anymore. And this is something I think that you know, many Westerners, particularly western angles, have a hard time with this idea of viewing themselves as a part of a collective. Obviously, this is not necessarily what I brought you on to talk about. But I'm curious if you have any thoughts about that transition from viewing yourself as you know, simply one guy, maybe your family too, as part of a culture, and if you could explain, do you think that being a minority group has something to do with that view?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good, that's an interesting question. Let's start. I want to start by stating the following very important announcement though me specifically, but Africanders in general aren't that well in English. If we were to, you know, in terms of English language skills, if we were to immigrate to the United States, for example, Minnesota and open a preschool, we would spell it learning center. So that would be a net positive for the United States in my opinion, even though we have our handicaps.
Speaker 1: That's me true, I would say that's sort of damning by fate praise right, grading yourself on that scale.
Speaker 2: Right. So no, But on a more serious note, and the reason why I said that is, I think africanash moving to Australia, the US, England, Canada, they make fantastic Americans, they make fantastic Australians, they make they make great Candy's people and and and I see some of my former classmates or university friends. I see them on social media and I see that they are now celebrating Australia Day. They are celebrating in America the fourth of July, and they are giving it there all. They want to be patriots. They they they immediately adapt to their new host country and they try to be the best possible Americans that they can be.