Speaker 1: Welcome to my world, bitch, good bar.
Speaker 2: Here. Welcome to the one hundred and seventy sixth episode of the Supernatural Occurrent Studies podcast.
Speaker 3: So Mythically Paranormal.
Speaker 2: My name is Jason Knight, host of the show, and with me as always.
Speaker 3: Is Oscar, motherfucking Inspector.
Speaker 2: Producer Extraordinary and podcast co host Oscar. Happy. March first, Happy?
Speaker 3: What's Special's first?
Speaker 2: Not a damn thing? No? Nothing? Have you been?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Do you like March? Because I feel like it's the beginning of spring in the winter.
Speaker 2: Too here in the Midwest. It could go either way.
Speaker 3: It luctuates, you know, heavily. Chicago certainly does. We're in false spring right now.
Speaker 2: False spring? Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yes. Last week I had my windows open. It was in the high fifties.
Speaker 3: And now it's fucking cold, ash out there, freezing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you drive You drove through basically a snowstorm to get here.
Speaker 3: Not crazy. So yeah, marble days, three days, that's what it did. March is a fickle bitch, as they say, Yeah, looks like me.
Speaker 2: You are kind of fickle, think you. I think one of the worst snowstorms in Chicago. I believe happened in early April.
Speaker 3: You made in history. Yeah, you know what the year that was?
Speaker 2: So, no, I don't. I think it was sometime like in the seventies. I always hear about the seventeen seventies. Do you remember that long bro Okay, it was like nineteen seventy seven, seventy eight to Snowstore seventy eight, something like that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, real coach, So only because you reminded me. In the eighties it was a huge, horrible snowstorm as well. I don't know what year exactly, but it was definitely after I was born, so I had to beat between eighty four and eighty nine somewhere in eighties. My dad mentioned he told me about the story once where he was he wasn't. I don't think he personally wasn't lake Shore Drive, but I know he helped someone. But people were stranded on Lake Shore dry from the heavy heavy winds and snowstorm and ice storms that were coming from the from the lake because it's right off the lake, and people were stranded there. And then there were like huge like buses that were like you know, all the you know, fitted for the storm, coming out there to find and rescue people.
Speaker 2: With hot chocolates and shit, and that's all night. You don't see that anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and no, because we fixed a lot of problems and global warming.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, right, I remember. Yeah, my dad and one of those storms. I don't know if it was in the eighties. I think it was the big one in the late seventies. Yeah, he was stuck somewhere on Lake Shore Drive and.
Speaker 3: Must be horrifying. I must be a trip. I have never had that experience myself.
Speaker 2: So in a Chicago Tribune truck drove by and had to pick him up. No way, because they were delivering new papers even in that horrible stormy. Yeah, delivery newspapers. That's the rain shine. It was like the mailman kind.
Speaker 4: Of but that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: That's geez to do it in that kind of snowstorm. I would have said, oh, fuck the news.
Speaker 2: People don't need to know what's going on. I look up the extra actually read.
Speaker 3: If you don't have a window, you can't afford a newspaper, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so March I can take it or leave it. Yeah, but what's been what's been new with you?
Speaker 3: What's going Asking me?
Speaker 2: First, I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited right now, and I'll tell you this quick thing. But I'm excited because they I'm not going to tell you the name because I feel like free promotion for something I don't know yet. It's very strange, but I am. I've commissioned my latest, my next and biggest. I think it might be my biggest tattoo. It's coming for late March. It's gonna happen. So by the time when the show comes up much for so hopefully by the next recording I'll have it done. But maybe not even that. I might have to wait to the next one, depending on what we record. But yeah, I'm at the Chicago Tattoo Convention. I'm gonna go. I commission this great artist I hear great things about from Michigan. He's coming to visit to the convention. I reserve the slot, send a deposit, just like three days ago. Super excited. And do you want to know the design? You can tell your design, all right? So the design is going to cover my entire thigh and it is a hexagonal grid, right, So as to how many squares, how many shapes, I don't know how much will fit. I told them to cover as much as he wants kind of thing, make it a little tasteful, but I'm not like whatever, not like misshaping. And and the whole point of it is that every time I get a new tattoo somewhere on my body, I'm gonna have that artist if they want to fill in one of the squares with something that they want, right, it'll be It'll be like a patchwork of different artists.
Speaker 2: I love that idea, right, It's.
Speaker 3: A cool idea. And I told this artist that I commissioned this grid for to fill in one of those for the first one, and you have no idea what he's gonna do, no idea what I gave him. Three stipulations nothing offensive meaning no swaster does and shit like that you have to make sure well and so none of that. I prefer one color, so like black doesn't count necessarily, but it could just be black, or it could be purple, but not like purple and red for example, like I don't want. I like the idea of solid colors if they want. And then thirdly, no wording like no only wording like nothing that's just words. I would like something visually that's crazy unique to them. And perfectly something that they always wanted to do. Maybe they never had a chance to something that they love to draw, you know, to design whatever they want.
Speaker 2: That is. That's a I've never seen that before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I figure it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It kind of gives the artists something completely freedom to do something like that, so that they often don't get a lot of freedom because it's not their body they're tattooing, right right, So interesting.
Speaker 2: So what this means now is that you're gonna have to get a lot more fucking tattoos so that grid fills up it doesn't just look like a honeycomber.
Speaker 3: That's the whole because that it will show more initiative for me to get more of them, because I've always wanted tattoos and I want to be covered in jay, as you've known thirty years of knowing me or whatever, twenty something years. Sorry, I just never got to pull the trigger most years, for like decades, I didn't do it. I did like the first few years of my eighteen to twenty five, and then I stopped, you know, so I'm recontinuing again.
Speaker 2: So good for you, man. Yeah, that's crazy. Uh. And so that was one thing you also told me another one, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting another tattoo about a week later.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 3: What do you call it, scheduled yet as a different artist, and I'm going to have her do because I have a Kirby tattoo on my right.
Speaker 2: Calf or on their Kirby for those who don't know, Kirby.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a video game character, pink balloon character that swallows up people and inherits their attributes, attributes. And this Kirby that I currently have is a Kirby that is that eight a hell kitty, So it looks like Hello, Kitty, Kirby. That's right, right, I haven't seen it, so I have a commission to do another one that's like that. A Kirby that ate a Pokemon, one of my favorite pokemons. So I'm gonna have it on the opposite side of the same leg.
Speaker 2: So very cool. Did you say you said you wanted to have your whole leg?
Speaker 3: I wanted the entire right leg from the calf down to the ankle, filled with Kirby's.
Speaker 2: That's what I want.
Speaker 3: And I have a Kirby tattoo artist just for that.
Speaker 4: So awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you. Thank you. We could when you get them, let's get some pictures. Oh yeah, we put it on website, put up on our Instagram, on the website and stuff. Yeah, that's awesome. Good for you. Yeah, I'm it's been It's been a very long time for me since I've had a tattoo.
Speaker 3: I know you've been telling me.
Speaker 2: And I have been kind of itching' it'sunn because it makes you itchy. It does, yes, it does, but so who knows, maybe I'll maybe I'll join along with.
Speaker 3: You and yeah, hopefully inspires you.
Speaker 2: I love tattoos because I know someone who's going to be at that convention tattooing. So maybe i'll nice. Maybe I'll make a phone call a guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. What about you? What you've been on too, man?
Speaker 2: You know, just working nothing too crazy over the last month. I do. Right now, I feel really bad for my daughter. She's seventeen and uh and we're going through it right now. And she was getting pain in her in her wisdom teeth on one side of her face. Okay, So it got to the point where you.
Speaker 3: Got the chisel and the hammer.
Speaker 2: Basically right, you know. So we finally went in and took a look and yeah, you know, two of them could come out. And the orthodontis was like, well, you know, or the oral surgeon excuse me, It was like, you know, while you're under, you might as well do. It's an up cell, is what it is. Oh yeah, that's that's how Yeah that's on top of your steak children. Right. But we we thought about it. We talked about it, and you know, there is a chance later on in life something could happen if you're gonna go under, get all for them, right, let's just so Talia read. We talked about it. So she had that procedure done two days ago and during the procedure she woke up the.
Speaker 3: Way and which I hear can't happen, but it's.
Speaker 2: She had some sort of reaction to the anestese anesthesis, Yeah, anesthetic anesthetic. Yeah, it's anesthetic. Sure, And so she woke up during and the doctor pulled me into a room after after she was done, the doctor brought me into the room to see her, and she was out of it. She was kind of laughing and I was like completely right. And then he pulled me into He's like, come, I want to talk to you. He pulls me into a separate room with his nurse. I'm like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 3: And a short saw shotgun.
Speaker 2: I paid my bill? What are we doing? And that's the other thing too, Dental insurance is a fucking joke, let me tell you. But uh so he closed the door. I'm like, whoa, what's going on. He's like, well, I want you to know if you see bruising on your I said, well, bruising on my daughter. What do you mean? Well, she woke up during the procedure. She woke up. He said, she was like a wild animal. Five people had to restrain her.
Speaker 4: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was freaking out, freaking out, completely freaking out and crazy. The nurse goes to me, she's like, your daughter is strong, you know. I'm like, thanks, I guess, but I felt so bad for her and you.
Speaker 3: Should have ad met her right then and there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she fights homeless people on the weekend. You're right, I should have told her about it. So she's going through the healing process now. But surprisingly, with all of the trauma that happened, she's not having a lot of pain. The surgeon did a good job, but man, could you imagine waking up during that. I can't imagine waking up during that.
Speaker 3: No, but there's a good heart. There's a few horror movies that do that. There's a horror movie called The Dentist. Do they do that in that movie?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know the ladies, I don't remember. I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Right, I think I think what we're talking about. It was just not one hundred percent sure. No, that's horrifying. That is I never had that happen. I've had a few surgeries in my life, but no, And that's.
Speaker 2: I mean either once I'm out of them out. Yeah, and when she got home again, she was so loopy, so out of it. Blood was but you remember fighting back and all that. So that's the thing. So she goes while she was trying to talk to me with a numb mouth, she she got across that she remembered the doctor yelling at her, And I'm like, oh, Talia, you know you're probably just you're just invented your mind. You pulled the la I did until because I want her to be awake and like alert when we have this conversation about what happened. But she remembered. That's what she remembered. Everything else no clue. She's like, Dad, I'll remember seeing the needle and then the doctor.
Speaker 3: Can cause on do trauma in the future.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I hope not.
Speaker 3: No, I hope not too. I really hope not. But it could. I mean, keep this in your back pocket in case you.
Speaker 2: Will tell her we're worried because she has another she has something else coming up in a few weeks where she's got to go under again, and uh, we're nervous. Now.
Speaker 3: Maybe watch Get Out and see how they put that guy under and if they could do the same thing, maybe do a little deeper, deeper dive.
Speaker 2: But it was it's a crazy it's just a crazy thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's insane.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: That's a horror movie.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. Just told me a horror movie. That's crazy. Help you.
Speaker 3: I know she's okay, obviously she hope she Yeah, I'm glad she's.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you. But now we have to figure out for the next thing that she's got going on.
Speaker 3: You know, if I was her dad, I would buy her like a movie with like I would buy her The Marathon Man. Have you in the Marathon man, they torture people with drilling your teeth. Oh like force force them. Yeah, I would, That's how That's how I would parent, Like I would. I would immediately go buy a movie or get a movie that will horrify their experience. They would like join them in some experience similar cathartic. When one of my friends got pregnant once in the twenty tents, I got her a series of movies and they were all themed around pregnant horror movies because she was pregnant and she watched like, I think all of them. She was like, Oh, she was a she was a real tooper.
Speaker 2: She loved it. She loved it. Great friend. But it could have easily.
Speaker 3: Gone South's my point, because there a horror movie yes anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I mean that's kind of the latest newest thing rund here unfortunately. But otherwise we're just chucking along, man, joking along. Ready to give the listeners another dose of sick fuckery on this story or fuck sickery. Absolutely, you just took a sip when you made that joke. What are we drinking tonight?
Speaker 3: Something from a bottle?
Speaker 2: You're liking this one? You've had a few pores ready. This is a peerless small batch. It's from it's from Kentucky. It's one hundred and ten proof, and I am really enjoying it.
Speaker 3: It's really enjoyable.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of flavors, a lot of smells. Sense. Yeah, I don't have the palette.
Speaker 3: It's a color It's like a colorful action movie where the bad guy wins.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 3: Oh you take a picture of you got it?
Speaker 2: Take that picture, take it. Get me in that picture too. No, I look terrible. It's super late.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I just got your hand. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: M all right, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Take a break?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a short intro. You know, I have wanted to say something I haven'ten wanting to sell. And we haven't made this announcement in quite a while. Listeners who don't like our long intros, can we still get little emails once in a while. Look, or you see on YouTube we talk for fifteen minutes, eat a dick.
Speaker 3: Or as my mom would say, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. But you could always go to the show notes because we do put a time stamp where you could just get straight to the topic. Yeah, get to said that like a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, you haven't. We should every once in a while with mind people, Yes.
Speaker 2: That's true. But I will tell you, you know, I always say, oh, write the show, what are your thoughts? No one ever says anything, you know, when people say something, whenever that that topic comes back around of you know, should we really should we really cut our intros and make them super short and just get into the topic. That's when people jump in and be like, no, man, keep it. We like listen to you guys, you know your book.
Speaker 3: I always told you over the years, like, no, we should do whatever the fuck we want to do because people could just skip to it.
Speaker 2: You're right, so check the show notes.
Speaker 3: So if you don't like it, yes, exactly, or they can make your own podcast.
Speaker 2: You put in the time research. Right, Let's take a break.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: M listening listeners, welcome back to the show. Well, the lights are turned down low, the ceremonial candle is lit, and the drinks are flowing. Let's start this show. Baraboo, Wisconsin wakes in the soft light of a summer morning, the air thick with the scent of dew on the River and sweet funnel cakes from the Circus World Museum. Barboo, Wisconsin, lies ninety two miles northwest of Madison, the state capitol, and one hundred and ninety miles from Chicago, and only a short eighteen minute drive from the famed Wisconsin Dells, a Midwest tourist mecca. The Dells is famous for its massive water parks, ziplines, bungee jumps, duck boat tours, annularia, fund shops, and countless souvenir stores, as well as quirky attractions like H one N one COVID did not start in Wisconsin Dell's quirky attractions like Ripley's Believe It or Not, haunted houses and those old timey photo studios. But back in bear Aboo it's much quieter. Its streets are lined with stately brick and limestone buildings that have sheltered local shops and families for more than a century. Known as Circus City not Circuit City, it was here, in eighteen eighty four that the Ringling Brothers launched their first performances, a legacy still visible in the opulent Wringling Mansion with its faded posters of acrobats and elephants, music, drifts and echoes from summer parades and museum events. On any normal day, children laugh along the banks of the Barboo River, fishermen crouch over bass streams, and hikers follow the rugged trails of the Driftless Area, a rare stretch of the Midwest untouched by glaciers, where ridges rise steep and forests slope down to clear spring freed waters. The driftless terrain gives the town its character. Dramatic river beds, jagged bluffs, hidden waterfalls, and valleys carved over millennia. It's a land that draws the curious and the adventurous, a landscape meant for exploration and daydreams. Yet in the summers of nineteen ninety four and nineteen ninety five, this serene scene, the rustle of leaves, the shimmer of water, the nostalgic hum of Circus history, became the backdrop for horrors so unimaginable that Baraboo would never see its streets the same way again. Beneath the town's gentle rhythms, a darkness had quietly taken route, waiting to be revealed in the most unspeakable ways. The Fourth of July weekend in nineteen ninety four brought sunshine, fireworks, and barbecues to Barriboo, and then silence. Chris Steiner, a fourteen year old boy who lived with his parents in the heart of town, vanished. His parents were ported a missing on July fourth, after finding his bed empty and unsettling signs of intrusion. In his bedroom. The screen of his window had been sliced open, muddy footprints marred the carpet, and a patio door stood unlocked, despite the family's belief that Chris had been sound asleep when they went to bed for the night. For days, investigators and neighbors searched fields, river banks and trails, every glance heavy with hope and a mix of dread. Then, on July tenth, nineteen ninety four, Chris Steiner's body was found draped over a partially submerged tree along a sandy bank of the Wisconsin River near the Pine Island Wild Refuge just north of Portage, Wisconsin. An autopsy concluded that Chris had drowned. Water was found in his lungs, a hall mark of drowning, yet the manner of death was classified as undetermined HMM. Local authorities initially couldn't say whether his death was the result of foul play, an accident, or something else. Entirely, and with nothing else to go on, Chris Steiner's case went cold. Uncertainty clung to the Steiner family and the community like a stubborn fog, a young boy's death without answers. Many hoped it was a tragic anomaly, a damned, one off thing in a town that otherwise knew peace. But the currents of that river carried a deeper truth no one was prepared to uncover, because little did our Barabouians know they had a monster in their midst, a budding serial killer with a disgusting fetish just next door. Nearly a year after Chris Steiner's disappearance, the air in Baraboo was once again thick with summer warmth and the promise of late night TV marathons like USA Up All Night, T and T, Saturday Night nightro or maybe The Mystery Science Theater Hour. Thirteen year old Thad Phillips lay asleep on the living room couch of his family's home after spending that evening with his parents and siblings before dawn on July twenty ninth, nineteen ninety five, something unimaginable happened. Thad woke not to his father's voice telling him to get off the couch and go to bed, but to the sensation of being lifted and carried through the house. For a moment while in that sweet semi dream, Statedad thought it was one of his parents moving him like they did back when he was a little boy. But when he opened his eyes to the cool night air and an unfamiliar face, realization struck like a blow. He was in the hands of a vague stranger, seventeen year old Joseph C. Clark. Clark had a plan for Thad. Once outside, he said the still half asleep boy down and told him he was hosting an epic party with beer girls and all the neighborhood kids, and that Thad was invited. Joe Clark even rattled off the names of some of the boys Thad knew, lending a strange veneer of legitimacy to his story. In the dim pre dawn light, Clark seemed friendly and just familiar enough to be mistaken for a neighbor or a casual acquaintance. Thad had seen this guy in the neighborhood, hadn't he Groggy? Disoriented and lowed by that fleeting familiarity, Thad followed, unaware that each step carried him closer to the abyss.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Joe Clark's home was nothing like the tidy houses in Thad's neighborhood. Inside, the darrel instructor reeked of dirt and trash and neglect. Clark lured that upstairs. It was then that his friendliness vanished. It was then that the bone breaker emerged. You see, Joe Clark had a fascination what experts would call a fetish for the feel and the sound of breaking bones. Oh, he loved and couldn't get enough of it.
Speaker 3: So he'd be an amazing executioner in the medieval He's sixteen hundreds to the eighteen hundreds, even up to the nineteenth A little bit, you know, we talked a fair We talked about the breaking of the wheel, which is a torturing techno.
Speaker 2: Yes, on a.
Speaker 3: Wheel that would break you break a person in their hearts and pieces up to depending on the sentencing. It would depend on whether or not you're live or dead when they do it to you. But they do a myriad of things, breaking your pelvis, breaking your arm, breaking all these things in certain orders. Who you stay alive and go through all that? I feel like that was his time perioder he was born and the wrong. Oh god, that's for him. This is awful, awful thing. That's an awful fetish because it's really hard to recreate this. Honest, you're doing animals, I guess, which is also pretty bad, but terrible, terrible, but a little less bad, right, And it's pretty hard to live this out as fetish.
Speaker 2: Right. I can't even imagine what.
Speaker 3: You can't take this sound and.
Speaker 2: No, and we'll get into this later, but how does a seventeen year old develop that fetish? I don't you know. And we'll talk about this later, okay, yeah, but I mean since we're kind of in that space now, yeah, think about that, well, listeners, while you're going through this with us, How does a seventeen year old child develop such a specific mo o and fetish? It's crazy? Yeah. I had this clown been smart enough, like the wheel, like you're saying, would have been front and center in his room, you know, he ever would have loved the wheel. Yeah, yeah, good point. Now, when Joe Clark had fan fad, fad. It's a strange you don't hear it anymore, Sad TJD. When Joe Clark had Fad and the confines of his filthy, dirty bedroom, Clark resolved the question of Thad's fate in the most monstrous way. He threw the thirteen year old boy onto his nasty ass bed, grabbed Thad's foot and began to twist it and wrench it and pull at it until Thad's ankle snapped with a sickening, visceral pop that would echo in Thad's memory for decades. Savoring the sick satisfaction of hearing Thad's bone snap, Joe Clark eased his grip just enough for Thad to struggle fee free, though only for a few fleeting seconds. Hobbled and in agony, Thad stumbled downstairs, desperately seeking escape, but Clark was relentless. He caught him, threw him onto a couch, and in a brutal, terrifying servage of rage, he hoisted one of Thad's legs over his own head and pressed down with such animalistic force that Thad's thigh bone the heaviest strongest bone in the human body snapped. The humor is that is? Yeah? Yeah, the pain must have been just unfathomat.
Speaker 3: I never broken a bone in my life.
Speaker 2: I'm dislocated. Yeah, never cleanly broken. Thank god. Every nerve is screaming. Yet this little boy endured, clinging to the slender hope for survival. What followed was approximately forty three hours of physical and psychological torment. Clark alternated between bursts of casual normalcy, watching television and talking about trivial bullshit and brutal violence. He went on to fracture Thad's limbs and methadical fashion, moving from ankles to knees to thighs. Each act of violence interspersed with periods where he sloppily tried to fix those breaks with socks, gauze, and rudimentary splints, probably thinking he could heal him again and break him over over in a kid's mind, you know, splinting, gettle, correct it so he could do it again, which takes for everything.
Speaker 3: I mean, it tastes like months and months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Clark's cruelty was unbound. He would smother Thad with pillows, jump on his chest, bite him, stomp on his legs, all while speaking casualty about casually about shit no one cared about. Dad's terror was compounded by the unpredictability moments of conversation and apparent calm punctuated by unimaginable pain, a rhythm of horror designed to break that entirely. At one point, Clark admitted that he'd done this before to two other boys, and that one of the boy's names was Chris. One of the most astonishing and horrifying aspects of this torture documented in survivor testimony was Clark's fixation on the sound and sensation of bones breaking. Fad later told investigators that Clark seemed almost fascinated by it, not merely cruel, but consumed by it. Now again, just stop for a beat and think about that. Imagine pulling, twisting, grinding, and wrenching someone's limb to the point of breaking.
Speaker 3: Right, you could do I mean, you could do it a lot faster with a hammer, for example. But that's not what he's that's.
Speaker 2: Not what he's after. No, it's like demonic asmr you know, like yeah, yeah, oh that's fucked up.
Speaker 3: You're right, that is what it is.
Speaker 2: The pain and suffering was relentless, but Bad's spirit was one thing that Clark couldn't break. He endured blow after blow, confusion, fear, betrayal, all while waiting for the slightest opening. In a moment of opportunity, when Clark left his house, leaving Fad unattended and locked in a closet, the boy summoned his reserves of strength and will that most of us could never fathom. In the closet, Dad found a heavy guitar, and, with his broken leg, screaming in protest, he hammered at that door until it splintered and fell open. Then came an act of nearly unfathomable courage. In agony and near collapse, Dad threw himself head first down the stairs, losing consciousness more than once during that descent. When he woke up. When he came to, he was in the kitchen, inches from a telephone. With shattered limbs and a body that should have failed by now, he managed to dial nine to one one. That call not a scream, not a plea of panic, but a sober, precise report alerted authorities. I've been kidnapped. My legs are broken. When officers arrived at Joe Clark's house. They found that collapsed on the floor, grievously injured, but alive. The culmination of a nightmare no child should ever know now would begin Thad Philip's long road to recovery, and he did recover, after numerous surgeries and ending up with a permanent limp. All told, Thad suffered severe factures to both ankles. Both his feet were sideways, his left knee which was actually backwards, his right upper leg, his thigh bone all broken. That also had black eyes, countless bruises and bite marks. And I'll tell you, I've seen photographs of Thad's legs before he had multiple surgeries to fix them, and I swear to God, his legs looked like uncooked Italian sausages. That's what they look like. Legs were that bad. It's a miracle they didn't need to be amputated. Yeah, it's really hard to visualize. It's gross.
Speaker 3: It's glossy for a thirteen year old kid, I mean for anyone, but yeah, thirteen.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Thankfully Thatad wasn't sexually assaulted by Clark, but he did confess that after breaking his bones, Clark would sometimes masturbate there's definitely a sexual.
Speaker 3: Album, the act of something that's.
Speaker 2: Now. Once in custody, Clark was questioned about Dad's kidnapping and injuries, and in the course of interviews, it was bad that revealed the detail that would upend the resolution of another tragic case. Clark had told Dad he had done this before to another boy named Chris, and at the mention of the name Chris, police immediately thought about Chris Steiner, the boy who had drowned by undetermined causes a year earlier. Police knew that was more than a drowning, they just couldn't prove it, but now they might have something. The only problem was Christiner was already buried, so in true Hollywood fashion, Chris Steiner's body was exhumed through X rays. It was conduct that were conducted on his legs and ankles, areas originally overlooked in the first autopsy. What they found shattered the original understanding of Christeiner's de Multiple fractures in his legs and ankles nearly identical to those that endured. So with these injuries, paired with the drowning, that explained Chris's inability to swim and gave unequivocal evidence pomicide at the hands of Joe Clark, the Bare Boo bone Breaker. Now back at Clark's home, investigators found a chilling piece of evidence, a notebook in Clark's own handwriting, with over a dozen local boys named names arranged under headings headings like get to Know, Can't Wait, and most unsettling of all the leg thing it said that both Chris Steiner and Bad Philip's names were in that book, although in which column were not sure because the notebook's exact contents were never released to the public. To detectives, this notebook suggested potential future victims no doubt Clark was going to do this again and again and again. Now Clark's legal saga unfolded in multiple phases. For the torture of Dad Phillips. He was charged with attempted first degree intentional homicide causing great bodily harm to a child, mayhem, and a few other charges. He entered a plea of no contest with the defense of not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect.
Speaker 3: Is that they're equivalent of insanity, but not insanity.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is okay.
Speaker 3: It's a different thing.
Speaker 2: I think it is, yes, because it was very specific mental diseases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't often hear that one.
Speaker 2: Now. Despite the defense's attempts to portray impairment due to prenatal alcohol exposure and other environmental factors, the court found Clark mentally responsible and aware of his actions, and he was sentenced to one hundred years in prison for the attack on that In the Chris Steiner case, Clark pled not guilty, of course, but the evidence, including the exhumation results, pulling the back out, and X raying, proved overwhelming. So on November seven, nineteen ninety seven, Joe Clark, the Baraboo bone breaker, was convicted of first degree intentional homicide and sentenced to life in prison plus fifty years for the death of Christiner. He has maintained his innocence from behind bars, but appellate courts have consistently upheld those convictions. Okay, good Now, Today Joe Clark he sits riding away at the Woppin Correctional Institution in Wapuin, Wisconsin, just about an hour away from where he launched his assault on the poor children of Baraboo, known today as Prisoner zero zero three two one, three, two two. Joe Clark is eligible for parole in the year twenty ninety good, at which time will be one hundred and twelve. Good riddings, you sick fuck. As for Thad Phillips, he survived but not unscarred. His body required multiple surgeries and he now walks with the permanent limp. Over time, he shared his stories and interviews and that podcasts not as a horror tale, but as an account of resilience and survival against all odds.
Speaker 3: It's almost like, have you seen the movie or the story behind a true story of one hundred and twenty seven hours?
Speaker 2: I remember the Fronco movie, right, yes, and.
Speaker 3: That's makes a real story, yes, like a real thing about literally. I think the book that the guy wrote was called Between a Rock and a Hard Place because he was literally stuck in the Rockah. It's like an endurance of that, but another person is the rock, right yeah, right, It's like a crazy feat of endurance and in some ways heroism and determination, which is great. I mean, that sucks that he had to prove that, but it is great regardless. It reminds me of that like a survivor's tale that I mean it's almost inconsequential to even meant like who cares who not who cares who did it? But like it's like it's the boy that's like, that's the that's the star of the story.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Absolutely, I'm trying to say the rest of the guy, the perpetrator.
Speaker 3: That doesn't matter as much as the rock doesn't matter and the other guy story, right.
Speaker 2: That good point. I like that in civil court that was awarded approximately twenty one million dollars in damages for lost medical costs and suffering, though public records and reports indicate he never received any of those funds. What well, Joe Clark, he's got no assets to satisfy that judgment. You can't bleed a stone, right of course, But you know I did. A community GoFundMe was organized for that, and I just checked before you know, we started recording as I was drafting this story. When I checked, twenty seven, two hundred and eleven dollars out of one hundred thousand dollars goal had been raised. So a long way from the twenty one million he was originally supposed to.
Speaker 3: Yeh, probably needs more exposure. And also it's an older crime.
Speaker 2: So that's old at this point it's old crime. Yeah sucks, that does suck. That's suck, absolutely well.
Speaker 3: That's what sucks that we need this kind of thing at all, Like money end up, like all the raising just to get this guy some justice.
Speaker 2: I know, and I think Chris Diner, excuse me, Joe Clark's family not. There's no money there, there's no money, there's no one to go after, there's nothing to do. This poor guy is not going to get anything. But Chris Diner's family. Obviously, they continue to mourn their son. The exhumation and reclassification of his death provided painful answers, but obviously no solace could erase the loss of a child. The town held vigils, they shared memories, and they carry the weight of what was once inexplicable. The Baraboo bone Breaker case continues to reverberate through media on public consciousness more than three decades later. How a seemingly idyllic town harbored this horrific, unseen danger. There's a lot of discussion online that tries to explore why this case is as widely known as it should be, despite its brutality and this miraculous survivor story. A testament to both the randomness of violence and the remarkable will of a child who refused to let darkness swallow him for some reason. This case severely is under the radar. No law enforcement agency has ever publicly connected Joe Clark to any convermed victims beyond Chris Steiner and Thaed Phillips. Online speculation, mainly in true crime true crime forms and Reddit threads, have occasionally floated theories about additional unidentified cases, but these remain completely unsubstantiated, lacking any official corroboration from a physical evidence. But if you remember Clark, Joe Clark did tell Fad that he had done this twice before, once to Chris Steiner. But who's the other one? Now? At the core of this lies this question. I alluded to this a little bit earlier. You know, how does this seventeen year old in this po dunk town, basically, this idyllic town, developed such a specific violent fetish, this erotic fixation on the sound and tactile sensation of another person's bone breaking. No one's born with that impulse, paraphilias, or the persistent and unconventional sexual arousal directed towards non human objects non consenting individuals or specific situations. Paraphilia of this intensity and specificity, they're not innate. They form through a union of early experiences, conditioning trauma, or psychological vulnerabilities that, over time warp sexual arousal toward cruelty and control. Yet Joe Clark already possessed a fully formed mo modus operandi targeting young adolescent boys, focusing exclusively on their legs, alternating sadistic torture with feigned care, and meticulously documenting potential victims in a notebook organized by readiness and type. Serial offenders, they typically require years, sometimes decades, of fantasy, experimentation and excalation to refine such a distinct pattern. For Clark to arrive at this level of sophistication and ritualization by age seventeen is profoundly disturbing. It suggests that whatever dark forces shaped his compulsion had been at work for a long time, likely far longer than his two confirmed victims had. Clark progressed further than most people care to imagine. Think about it, His very specific fetish had to be learned, developed, tested, So you got to wonder where their younger kids in Joe Clark's life that suffered mysterious bone breaks, younger cousins or the children of family friends. Babies, Maybe babies can't testify. There's no mention of Joe Clark harming animals, but animals could be a great source for developing his sick desire for the feel and sound of breaking bones. Then there's a question of the other unnamed boy Clark admitting admitted to harming. Was that real? Like? Is there another body out there somewhere, another victim of the Baraboo bone Breaker? Or was Clark just trying to scare at that Phillips while he was holding them captive and torturing him. The Baraboo bone Breaker story is not just a story of violence and suffering. It's a record of survival, an investigative persistence, and of the haunting way in which a quiet town's collective memory has been reshaped by what once seemed impossible. Today, the Wisconsin and Baraboo rivers still flow, circus banners still hang in flutter in summer breezes. But underneath it all lies a story of darkness confronted and of a boy who refused to surrender.
Speaker 3: Uh, do you know if he has a medical history, because maybe he suffered a break himself and through that could have been the bones, if you will, of this fetish being born.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there. No, I haven't seen anything like that, but.
Speaker 3: Man, oh yeah, you know a lot of kids, you know, if you're jumping around, you know, I mean I used to jump off garage roofs for no reason. I never broke anything, but I could have. And people you see he casts or skateboarding accents, I mean, why not him? Maybe he broke something and fell in love with it.
Speaker 2: There it was like, oh, oh.
Speaker 3: Probably not like that, but that's funny though.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: It could be a good sketch. But yeah, maybe that's how I started though, maybe fell in love with it through that.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen anything like that, but that's that's an interesting theory to.
Speaker 3: Well, if he has a medical history and if it reflects that. And as far as animals go, a lot of animals that are not like obviously as pats, you know, they have owners like that, you know, they don't they don't have chips or anything. We don't know. I mean, he's done. How many squirrel or raccoon?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: We don't know. Yeah, and he's in the driftless area. I mean there's tons of woods and streams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of space in space, a lot of bacon spaces, and it's not all inhabited all the time, a lot of freedom, a lot of wildlife. I can see that park being a thing. I can see the leap here the bones and then wanting the satisfaction of breaking a sturdier bone, because because a child is a bigger version of the animals that are probably around them. On this he was like, I feel like, I'm so glad that he was caught early. Yes, you know what I'm saying, because if he had, He's so developed in his statistic nature that I wonder how much more dangers he would have been had he gotten, you know, ten years without being caught.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right, So this would have this would have escalated way worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I could see this guy putting traps now and catching people that way. And it's because you could you could break the balance of a trapped individual like the way you do like a deer. It just seems I was horrifying with the implications of what this guy could have done.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I wonder if there were I think about the kids surrounding him, family friends, young little cousins, you know, babies, and look, I'm no buddy. I'm sure investigators thought of this. I haven't seen anything that that there was mysterious injuries around the kids around Joe Clark. But that's a good question. I think it's a good question. You know, was there some weird stuff happened to kids and people just didn't put to them two together? It's scary. It's very scary. And who is this other kid? Was he bullshitting or is there another body out there? If there are multiple bodies out there and he's quiet. This guy he doesn't grant interviews, He doesn't talk to people. Maybe he's done once since all this went down. Yeah, Otherwise he doesn't say shit. So there's a lot of unknowns with this one as well.
Speaker 3: A lot of them don't say enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the Baraboo bone Breaker I've been up to. I mean, that's a literation that worked there, right, It's it's yeah. I kept thinking I was gonna trip up saying that, But I've been up there. The Driftlessly Driftless Region, Driftless Glenn is a distillery I really liked that's up there. Yeah, so it is beautiful country. They call it God's country up there. It's beautiful to have this happening in your town. I believe you. I'm not gonna go up there, but crazy all right, So that's it. Bearaboo boone breaker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what a what a wirre statistic fuck? I mean, he was into the pain and the feel of something that results in a lot of pain, way more than the killing. I feel like the killing is almost inconsequential, like it's just so he can keep doing it to other people later. Yeah, it's like to save himself fucking do it again. Not really because he wants to kill them, you know, like if it was into breaking next, that'd be a different story. But maybe that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he wants them alive as long as I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Understand why he goes for the femur. That's the biggest, momm that's the reason why you want to go for it. I understand, I understand.
Speaker 2: I can't even think about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't understand, but I understand.
Speaker 2: And then poor Chris Steiner, now that we know what happened to him, imagine having your legs shattered. Yeah, what I say the ankles and legs and then being thrown into water. You're fucked. Yeah, what a horrible way to go.
Speaker 3: Horrible way to go.
Speaker 2: I need more drink. I need more whiskey.
Speaker 3: I finished mine?
Speaker 2: M M. Anything else on this one? This was a really until short one for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is. It was No, I got nothing else.
Speaker 2: Well in that case, Oscar, I want to take us home.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: This is not bad.
Speaker 3: It burns a little, but it's nice, good, good. But it burns a while, like it's taking away my sin.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's making me a better man, right, putting hair in places I didn't want to initially a hair at.
Speaker 2: Right? Book? What's it called? I forgot what it's called. It's a collection of authors that continued in the vein of Stephen King's Stand. So it's like, you know, what happened during the stand in other parts of the world, what happened after the events of the book, you.
Speaker 3: Mean because the stand? And I never read the book, so I don't remember. Think I've seen one something a movie or a mini series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's yeah, a couple.
Speaker 3: It covers the world. It's not just in Maine, right, it's like it's like a world ending it is, right, So.
Speaker 4: It's that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just kind of picked up and ran with what happened.
Speaker 3: Kind of like the war World war Z kind of aspect of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean one story was Astronauts in Space, you know, the captain trips broke out.
Speaker 3: So when the world went down, what happened up? There's going now with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What the story I'm reading right now is from that is cool?
Speaker 3: Is that only online?
Speaker 2: Or is it? No? I have it? I'm sorry that when I don't have that's a kindle Katie got me a Chuck the new Chuck Palain note book that that's the book, but I haven't started.
Speaker 3: That yet, so different authors would part to write their own thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So it's not like there's not like a source where you can find it all of these things in one one book or one time. You have to find them all separately.
Speaker 2: Or no, no, no, it's one book. Okay, it's one, but it's one anthology, got it? What's it called? And it's in the the world of the Stamp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a cool idea.
Speaker 2: The one I'm reading right now actually to put it down because I was getting choked up in the dental. Oh, I gotta tell you about tell you it was from the perspective of like wild African dogs painted wild African painted dogs. It's a real breed, but it's from their perspective in the zoo. What happens when there's no one there to take care of us anymore.
Speaker 3: And it's got these animals you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's from the perspective of the two dogs watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and was this commission? Stephen King backed it, So it's not like fan fiction that people then took put them together in the thing. What do you mean like fan fiction?
Speaker 2: Is you know this is a real Yeah, yeah, it's an actual I think.
Speaker 3: The commission and commission.
Speaker 2: Yeah he wrote that's a word and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fun like the twies.
Speaker 3: On the movie you know, they put like three big directors to make one toile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it. So it's cool. I'm enjoying that. Then after that one have the New Damn Brown Book, and then after that one still writing he is, yeah, why, And then then after that is the Chuck Pound note Book. So I got a couple. I'm still getting there.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. I was so caught up on all pollinook written material. I was so caught up. I read like his first twenty.
Speaker 2: Or seventeen, and I think you got me on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure did at least his first like ten to fifteen. I read for sure, and then I just stopped. And I haven't picked up anything new. I know he's written many since. I probably have another ten least ten at leasts that I haven't seen or read.
Speaker 2: What is his new? I forgot the title. I'm drawing blanks right now. I don't know.
Speaker 3: For some reason. It's just like I don't know. It's just like I'm good. Yeah, maybe one day.
Speaker 2: It is called Shock Induction, that's what it's called. Released in twenty twenty four, October twenty twenty four, So I have that one in softcover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, yeah to graph one of my books. I went to a book signing when to a borders when borders were still around, that's how long ago it was.
Speaker 2: It was for a book called Rant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got I got my Rants, say signed, that's really And he told me I had it because I don't know if you know the book. But it's about diseases. Well, it's about one disease, but this kid has like all these diseases. He creates a mass disease, like world ending epic.
Speaker 2: I have it.
Speaker 3: He puts in the jacket like he writes. He signs his name, and he puts like I was positive for the disease.
Speaker 2: Like that's cool. Remember guts Guts the short story guts.
Speaker 3: From the Haunted one? Or is it from a different one, because he has a couple of short story compilations stuff.
Speaker 2: I read Haunted too, Haunted. It's the one where the kid gets stuck to the pool. Oh my god, Yeah, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 3: I never looked at I think that might be that one. I'm not one hundred percent. It could be stranger than fiction, or there's a there's at least one other one that I can't think of. But gots is not the title of any book that I know. It's I think it's a short story in one of those kind of but I don't.
Speaker 2: Know which one I heard.
Speaker 3: When he does I remember that story. I remember that's very visually remember, like memorable.
Speaker 2: When he does it or when he used to do it like live people people said it was really fucking intense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty great. Yeah, I mean he gets there. Yeah, he gets there. I also learned a lot about drugs do all of his books, like he has at least one person that knows intimate details about a certain kind of drug or a certain type of drug that they take. Invisible Monsters has like a whole ship about cosmetic drugs and ad evant ambient what's the difference, how many to take, what effect you want? Much to mix with alcohol? Will get into all that ship. Well, I know that he for sure like his youth he said before. I think an interview said he did do some of this stuff, like he knows a little, like he knows some stuff from personal use, but the rest is just research and maybe interviews. Who knows. I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was Pigmy.
Speaker 3: That was another one that was on the last that's the I think that was the last book I tried of his, the most recent book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I couldn't even tell you what it was about.
Speaker 3: I thought it was about it was about this. I think it was a North Korean boy adopted and something. Yeah, he was adopted by a white family in America. But his he was like one of those secret Russians, like you know, they're infortrating America through his adoption agency, and there were a whole point is to create chaos or destroy the American system. Something like that is a terrorist. And the way he thinks and speaks, because it's all through his perspective, is that it's very broken English. So the whole book is written in broken English. Okay, and that's what kind of I think that's what wrote me away, and not from all pollinook, but that's what rode me away from that book. Like I just couldn't really get the rhythm going. It's a cool idea, though, but I never I don't know how the story end is what. No, no, there's a lot of people that.
Speaker 2: There wasn't a soul.
Speaker 3: No, no, you missed it. And there was a lot of people there. I don't know what you saw. But there was a ship a ton of people in the horizon in the distance ship there was they were making houses. Oh yeah, there's a bunch of houses and shit.
Speaker 2: I thought I saw houses. But then when they like when they panned again, it seemed empty.
Speaker 3: No, those are shit, A ton of people there. They want the first ones. Maybe it was a cool death I mean the way he ended, like, yeah, it makes sense that he died right there, saving his family the very last.
Speaker 2: Many cool and the girl that they picked up along and.
Speaker 3: The girl, yes, which is like they basically picked up a wife or his son. Yeah, yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: They met the guy for like eight hours and he's like, I've never met anyone I could trust more with my daughter than you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I'm like, that's not my serience with Europeans Eusually they don't trust America.
Speaker 2: Okay, exactly, not even eight hours two hours later, right, that's pretty forced. You're right, I agree with you. It's not as good as he liked. The wife's cooking. Yeah, and next he's like, take my daughter. It was I saw this.
Speaker 3: Really bizarre movie today that I really liked, but it's really hard to recommend. It's called Nirvana the Band, the Show, the movie. That's the name of the movie.
Speaker 2: What is it.
Speaker 3: It's not about Nirvana at all, not about Kirkcabaine nothing. It's about this these two guys that they did a show called Nirvana the Band, and back in two thousand and eight or something, they ran for two seasons out of some local TV thing. It was very low budget. They're Canadian. Somehow they got enough money over the last I don't know, seventeen years to make a new movie. They make this movie. I had no idea. I had never seen the show I go in And this movie is about like the continuous It basically continues out from the last one, where is a two man band. One plays the piano.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 3: They're both eccentric and weird and kind of cookie. One of them is way more than the other and they're both trying to figure out. They're trying to scheme their way into getting a gig at like the best club or the best bar in the city in Toronto, which I think they're in Toronto. That's the whole point that that's what they've been doing for seventeen years, try to scheme their way into playing a set at this famous watering hole, and somehow they accidentally invent time travel. It's all very cookie comedy stuff. It invents time travel and it becomes this like low rent kind of like low rents in like the camera's very it's all very like self documentary, and it's the budget is very limited. It's all in their houses mainly like on the streets, and they combine like Borat and Back to the Future and all these weird stuff in it, it just becomes crazy. It just blows up with this in sanity. It's time to left and right. They're changing their lives. One of it becomes a huge successful music star, and it's like insane, right, It's also at the same time really funny and weird. I liked it a lot, but I didn't know where that movie was going. I've never heard of it. It sounds interesting. No one's heard of it. Only out this weekend is conn.
Speaker 2: After Oh what did you see it in the theaters? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay today?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yeah, have you heard of this Marky Plier movie? Yeah? Iron Lung, I tell you saw it.
Speaker 3: Really, I know, I'm not surprised that she saw it. She seems like very.
Speaker 2: Much every Wednesday they go to see something. No not.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, okay, you're right, but I'm not surprised that she would see it, giving her age like they would see they would know YouTube stars way more than you and I would.
Speaker 2: Well what happened though, because like they're saying, it's this whole conspiracy where you know, he found a way to circum circumvent Hollywood circumvent the normal funding people the bank, like the the machine, right, like the evil Hollywood machine, and do it himself. And then it was doing well like the first week or two, and then it was pulled from all theaters and now it's gone.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't know what that what that was. Maybe if it's some of that's true, maybe it was pulled in some cities, or maybe it was pulled all together for maybe a weekend, but I doubt it because I'm pretty sure it's still. I think I still found showings today or that or a few days ago.
Speaker 2: Obviously I didn't look into it, but like only.
Speaker 3: Because I go to the movies enough to notice that Iron Lung is playing every once in a while. Now it's not as much anymore as when I first came out. It's like maybe Champions once a day, I think, one showing and anything.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't.
Speaker 3: Say the circumventing thing. That happens a lot more. It just happens very differently than you think it does. For example, remember that movie Red State.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was that was That was was not.
Speaker 3: The first, but that was one of one of those pioneering, you know, non Hollywood machines, Okay, you know the movie Centers. Yeah, that's owned entirely by the director. No movie is owned by anyone that's not a studio. He owns that movie. Ryan Coogler owns his own.
Speaker 2: Really wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least for the ten years that he's got the rights for damn Like. So it's not the first, not even recently, but sooner as was last year.
Speaker 2: It wasn't, but it is rare.
Speaker 3: You're right, it is rare. But also we just had Sundance going on Sundances. It's what it's all sundance. It's all independent movies. So let's say I tap the city, make a movie.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: I go to every business, every person, I know, every family member, right, you max all your credit cards. You make a movie, you scheduled to sundance, then a distributor to pick it up. Then a studio, a twenty four or paramount whatever, they pick it up to mass produced or to put it in theaters and stuff. So that's the normal way, typical way, and the independent movie we'll get to ris the regular people's but that this is in a studio picture. A studio picture normally would be they fund everything, they find the director of the casting and they put all the like the mor of movies, right, they put the three hundred million dollars into vfcs or whatever, and then they make it and release their own movie as a product, so they can make money off of obviously. But when they when within the pendent movies, they go shopping during Sundance, they're like, Okay, we'll offer you thirty five million dollars. If a twenty four sees that, like, okay, I'll offer you forty.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what this market player did.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, I know, I think he's circlemented all that. He made his own movie. He has the money to make his own movie without like having to beg for people. So he has no staples, no contracts with even independent business owners that would have given him money, like to a poor person like me, right, because he doesn't need it. He's just millions of dollars in his own But he has to make a deal with the distribution. The distribution, he has to make a deal with the theaters. I don't know how he did that, but there was something he had to do there. But most likely he had connections I guess. Interesting, But that's a bit. That's because he can do it because he is one of those influencers. I can probably to get that far.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure soon we'll see me.
Speaker 3: I mean Red State had a very short theatrical run. But you can't buy that movie. I mean you can buy now, I think finally, But that thing is it wasn't nowhere to be onun Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good movie too. I liked that movie. That was a good movie. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I agree. It's also much harder than what I'm saying. There are a lot of stipulations, but that's hopefully how it works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you said you didn't see Iron Lung, but tell I like it. She did, She said she liked it.
Speaker 3: It's a horror movie it is.
Speaker 2: Is it about polio? Right?
Speaker 3: Isn't that what the Aaron lun comes from?
Speaker 2: The term and one of those diseases? Yeah, back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh I saw sent Help. That was a good movie. Sam Raimi's new movie. Yes, that's a good movie. You like Drag Me to Hell? Right, it's very drag Me to Hell energy.
Speaker 2: I want to see a Dragon Me Hell part two.
Speaker 3: He doesn't do man, let it go. I do want to spend like fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Did she see it. No, I don't think she did tell you. I want to see it.
Speaker 3: You should show your Italia to drag me to hell. If she ends up liking so help sand help and drag me to hell. Very like same. You could tell it's same director. You could help right away. It's a kid's comedy but horrifying.
Speaker 2: It's like, so it's out.
Speaker 3: It's in the theaters, not for much longer though, it's been out for like three weeks, so catch it soon if you're going to do it. Okay, I saw Good Luck, have fun, don't die.
Speaker 2: I heard of it.
Speaker 3: That's a fun bonkers movie, doesn't make any sense, but it's like a sci fi movie. It's like, has some real dark humor, like has this insanely dark humor bit about school shootings where well, it's said in this future, not really future, it's not true. It's it's basically a movie about AI and how much we should fear AI. But it's a sci fi premise, so it's like all very exploded into this action adventures heading. But one of the things is that one of the characters flashbacks is that they're a teacher and oh no, wait, this person's son gets involved in a school shooting and he gets killed in a school shooting, and she becomes aware that there is this government approved service will they will replace your son with a robot through AI as close as possible to the characteristics of your lost child. And what she doesn't know, and she finds out soon enough, is that a this is a booming business and that be there are many mothers that she encounters that also lost children through school shootings that to them, this is a Tuesday. They've done this multiple times. They encountered a couple who've had their child, the same child killed in school shootings four times.
Speaker 2: And it's toot you like a laugh.
Speaker 3: Like a dark humans like that's a type of document. But it's a lot more to it than that. But that's a that's a weird movie. I liked it. It was weird though it's hard. It's you might love it or hate it. I don't know, Okay, Milania, if you want to see a horror movie, have you seen it? No one's seen that movie.
Speaker 2: I thought it made like it was the highest grossing independent know that there was a category where it was the nose about it.
Speaker 3: No, I just didn't know it. So I didn't know if you were being sarcastic. No, because they did announce those they did say that. But they're lying and they're overblowing it.
Speaker 2: Oh, really not true.
Speaker 3: The only reason that it's the most highest grossing documentary in recent years is because no documentaries get released in theaters. That's why it's not because it's because they're the only documentary in recent years that've been released.
Speaker 2: That's They're so stupid.
Speaker 3: That's how they are. My god, how they are. That's exactly how they other lines.
Speaker 2: You trust me?
Speaker 3: And no one's watched that movie, and that on ninety nine percent score for the audience. It's all them. It's not real. It's all their bots and ship it's not real, not real. No one's watching this movie. And people who are hitting it. They were paying people to watch this movie.
Speaker 2: Why did they are you serious? Why did they make it in the first place?
Speaker 3: Because they think they deserve all the line because they they don't know the difference between selfish and ego and where the line is detached. Wow, I almost want to see it, but I would only see it if I never pay for it, Like I think all pirate is just to see how bad it is. Sucking trash.
Speaker 2: It is she in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's sucking. That's an approved Trump approved thing. Yeah, she's in it. She's the subject, so she is body.
Speaker 2: It's not someone playing her.
Speaker 3: It is now as far as I know, I mean, she must.
Speaker 2: She must needed a project. She was bored. Yeah, dude, it's I don't know what that is. I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe we live in this world where that. I mean, it's basically almost state of proved propaganda. I assume I have no idea what it is because I haven't seen an yet and I probably won't never see it.
Speaker 2: He might give he might give us the disclosure. So I'm not poo pooing on him yet. Oh I am. I want the disclosure. I've done been No one child is worth anything. A lot of people are saying he's going to he's going to be the one that he's doing it just bread and circuses, bro, give us the Aliens brand and circuses. Every every feed there is is flooded. Whatever app you're on, whatever platform, you can't get away from it. So one day I said, you know, I'm gonna start looking up some of these things that i've because I've avoided it. I haven't because you don't know what's true and what's false, what's real, what's propaganda, what's what's ai you know, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, but we've also touched on this topic a lot. In other words, just thought this island specifically, we're just so many.
Speaker 2: Like the the owl thing or Bohemian Grove.
Speaker 3: Thank you him and grow like we mentioned this many.
Speaker 2: Maybe the problem is I sat down and I spent maybe an hour, yeah, during work hours, so I was getting paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, excellent, And I'll make sure I tell your.
Speaker 2: Employer if it's in the outtakes. I'm kidding, what's that in there? Now? So I went to the Government's of the FBI site and I started typing in these like dominent numbers. There's document numbers where you know, I'm Instagram. I don't do TikTok er on Instagram. People will put up these crazy claims and then put a document number with it. Yeah. So I started looking up some of those document numbers and it was real, Yeah, I know, they're really like it's I would say ninety five percent of the maybe twenty or so. It is disgusting things that I looked up.
Speaker 3: Real, it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Jay yeah, so I don't know, you.
Speaker 3: Don't know what about covering it, you mean, or just my opinions of it. I mean, again, we've been saying this kind of thing before.
Speaker 2: It's it's too too real. Yeah, it's too far out there, it's I don't know, I don't know. But there's other things to talk about.
Speaker 3: Those snipers, we believe that. I'm just saying, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just saw something about that not too long ago. Matter of fact, Yeah, what was gonna say. I'm not surprised, honestly, but there's been other ones that have been very popular that turned out to be fake.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they're definitely fake ones for.
Speaker 2: Sure, you know, and there's millions of pages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with the Ebstince thing. I also don't look at it too too deeply because A, I know, I know that a lot of Israel already from sources that I've trusted, and that I've found two other sources to go along, because I've you're kind of your kind of ethos on the show. I follow that to real life as much as I can with news, because there's so much out there that we don't know to trust, I mean, and I believe that to a point where like Okay, I'm convinced this is happening. This has happened, and I don't know what else is happening. Will capacity elsewhere today to recuperate those kind of things, because which people are born, they gotta do something. I don't know to what level that goes on, but I believe it, and I stop looking at it because I'm like anymore, I'm just gonna get angry all the fucking time because I can't stand this is this is really heartbreaking to read all this stuff. It's heartbreaking, and there's way more stories at home that's heartbreaking, much less some of the islands. Not that it's dismissive, but like there's only so much you can read and constantly read on it. So every time they come up with something new or a new set of pages or a new chapter of this fucking f steam files or emails or whatever, which, by the way, terrible email.
Speaker 2: Some of them too, Like you almost have to think, is that shit, Well did he plant that stuff? Because very stupid dude.
Speaker 3: No, people come on, people are especially the Thinky're gonna get away with it no matter what.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I don't know, because there are other conversations he's had in those messages and those emails where he said, I can't talk about this here.
Speaker 3: I find that out very few rich people are actually that smart. I mean very few of them are.
Speaker 2: Some people say he was stupid.
Speaker 3: Most of the really rich people are inherited, like they're not, you know, and yeah, they lock down a few business deals and now they own this, but it's because they had that much to play with, you know. I'm saying it's not the same. I really don't have I don't think they're that's smart at all. Most of these people know, You've.
Speaker 2: Got a point. A lot of people said Epstein is not a smart person.
Speaker 3: Like the ice sens of the world don't get that money most most of the time. I'm saying one in ten maybe of those geniuses get that kind of you know, that's the scumbags, and it usually becomes scumbags, right exactly, Yeah, exactly, you're right. They're not angels either.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I don't so I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I understand what I'm saying. I went to a point where I stopped reading only because, like I believe it's out there to what details, I don't know for sure, because it's constantly coming in and coming new things. But I know enough to say that it's real and it's out there and it's disgusting and I can't read it anymore because I needed to live my life. Yeah, but like, I know it's true, and I don't need to read anymore to not to like I feel like, why don't need to confuse myself too much more?
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 3: It's really just happened. To what degree, I don't know for sure, But that's for other people whose jobs is to figure out to do it Soma.
Speaker 2: Those people who had to redact.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can't wait to see the documentaries on this stuff, assuming that's made by the.
Speaker 2: Valid Crewe's reputable. Yeah, it's gonna happen other people in a lot of times. It's gonna happen that he's alive, He's out there running around. There's pictures of people who look like him in like Israel.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I heard about those. Those I don't really believe those are hard to find. Two sources on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or that Michael Jackson was killed because he was trying to get kids way.
Speaker 3: From about her that I heard about, that.
Speaker 2: Ellen degenerous eats people, is a cannibal. The biggest cannibal in Hollywood or so, like.
Speaker 3: Any thing about Alan generous is that I found to be true. That's negative is that she's kind of an asshole, bitch of a person, never meets your heroes kind of person.
Speaker 4: But that's it.
Speaker 2: I don't hear like, which is probably half the people.
Speaker 3: Like I could see her Itania eting somebody and tripping them or something on the stand.
Speaker 2: I can see that, But I'm not gonna searing people the babies specifically, right, you know, Yeah, but then you know those photos came out with Prince Andrew, Yeah, and he's kneeling over that chick.
Speaker 3: But we've also been very much disheartened and fooled by these uber celebrities that we adore betraying us. I mean, England has had so many and because their laws are much more in play than ours, because mas are much more malleable. No, ours are definitely malleable depending on how much money you have, and there's isn't as much. They are able to prosecute more. That's whether they're going a lot more prosecution work these days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went down, he's going down.
Speaker 3: And you think about that one guy, the one who wade those kids after he died and they found out, like like that's a sucking icon figured you know how rare that is, you know, and it's obas is going to happen more and again people, So we just can't believe it as Americans that our heroes are and celebrities are doing it. But it's you know, so many of them. Some of them's got do it that they have to.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't know. Yeah, I'm curious what they're going to find at the Zero Ranch in New Mexico.
Speaker 3: I heard about that.
Speaker 2: Do they say that, you know, the island was one thing, but the real heavy ship went down in New Mexico. I don't know. Now they're saying they're going to start researching that property. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, these days I'm more worried about and only because there's more of a threat around me is the ice stuff. It's more worried. Minnesota was huge, Yeah, Jesus Christ going on over there, dude, I almost went over there, Minnesota, of all places. iMOS went over that to process with them. But really I couldn't afford.
Speaker 2: It, like you would think it would have been in La or Chicago or New York. But fucking Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing is that that tells you, that kind of tells you. What scared me about that is that it tells me that it's happening everywhere.
Speaker 2: Could happen anywhere, Yeah, well no.
Speaker 3: But it's happening everywhere. Now those tragedies to that level is happening right now in Minnesota. The point is it's happening everywhere, that these tragedies are open to happen at any any time. Arizona, Maine.
Speaker 2: It's fucked up.
Speaker 3: It's really fucked up. Yep, you can see why our people want to leave.
Speaker 2: Well, you got that, then you gotta worry about people eating each other on top of it. Saintan worshipers Jesus Christ. Yeah, what bingo card?
Speaker 3: You know, don't forget dungeons and dragons. So oh wait, that's the.
Speaker 2: Eighties, the Lesser of two Evils on that one.
Speaker 3: But there's so many bad ones. In my point, there's not many top Gun Mavericks. No, yeah, that was good and screams and screams because the scheams are good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I want to see Top Gun Maverick again. That was a great one.
Speaker 3: I heard that they finally announced. This is so dumb.
Speaker 2: This is so dumb.
Speaker 3: There was a final announce finally an announcement for Fast eleven.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, how could they still be going? Well?
Speaker 3: Did you watch Fast ten?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, well then I think I maybe saw part of Fast one. Oh really, they're good with Paula. I never got into it.
Speaker 3: They're fine. I mean, they're good action movies. Man, they're a lot of fun. Oh yeah, they're a lot of fun. I mean doing It's Heyday, because It's Heyday came surprisingly when part three came out, and Part five and six, those the best times for the Fast and Furious, like those are the best movies three, five and six of the best movie. Seven A is still good. Nine is okay getting a little fucked up here. Ten was equal parts fun and terrible, like it was like one of those things. But ten famously ends on a cliffanger. It's like a big two parter event. And that was like two years ago at least. And now they're taking they haven't even started filming yet. They didn't even have a director yet. That's how late this next one is. And it left on a cliffanger. We don't know anything. It's a real ship show. It's a real ship show with a fast.
Speaker 2: Eleven or fere Is eleven whatever color, the bare boo bone breaker. Do you remember that one?
Speaker 3: Nope, you have to remind me. Nope, I remember a written Nope. At least I'm honest, we were. I remember a few times I would get beat up like outside and then you know I would with a swollen cheek. I would be sent just cool. Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one. You know if Niko spends a lot of time on a laptop too, but he'll also put it down and go out when his friends are here. They're running around, theyghborhood, walk into the store, them over.
Speaker 3: I see them man on Halloween.
Speaker 2: He's running everywhere, and just go just just go get out.
Speaker 3: I mean, just just chip your kid already it seems like.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, he's gotten the gnarly road rashes and shipped from his bike and skateboards, and.
Speaker 3: My knees are still like there's still you can still see like the scars. Most times I fucking fall on my bike.
Speaker 2: Makes it tough, dude. I sprained up.
Speaker 3: I skinned the ship out of this name. At least I knew I fell correctly, though I always fell on my knees and face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Scars on me though from the ship like that.
Speaker 2: Because you had a good childhood, that means you're a good childhood man.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I disagretated my childhood, but like it's not because of that.
Speaker 2: Were your parents really strict when you were growing up?
Speaker 3: No, they were, They were in part partly strict. It's more like impulse, like most things with parents. Says that it's more the impulse, whatever impulse they're in you. So they're angry, ad fucking take it on you. But if they're not, they're not. But it's it's they were mainly absent because they both had the two jobs and shit like there's like a lot of absentees.
Speaker 2: And the latch key kids, Yeah that was one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there was a lot of family around, a lot of people we knew, and you know, living in the same house sometimes for a while before they found their own homes. So it's not like people were never there, but there was large swats of time where they weren't around, so after school before so yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what year were you born in? Eighty four? Eighty four? Yeah, there was still latch keys in eighty four for sure. I feel like it died out in like the two thousands for some reason. But eighties nineties absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was probably the last bit of people that did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had that.
Speaker 3: It was probably the last part of that generation that had it. You were like in the middle somewhere, and then there was like a.
Speaker 2: Few more before. Yeah, it's all dude, we did all right, yeah, fready spaghetty. Yeah, Okay, I don't know. Studian fign F three two listener Listeners, Welcome back to the show.