Speaker 1: What's up everybody, and welcome to another edition of usnewpod, I Am Menace.
Speaker 2: I'm joined by bort Ak Brett.
Speaker 1: He's an audio expert, a syndication expert with The Woody Show, Bring show that you can hear across the United States and around the world on AFM.
Speaker 2: We are joined today by our buddy.
Speaker 1: Heavy t Aka Tyler, coming to us live from Whittier, California. Now today we weren't going to drop a podcast, but I have to make a major correction. We were giving out the wrong address for the Bay Area meetup this weekend December fourteenth. It is not happening at Stanford Mall. It is happening in Palo Alta, California, where Stanford Shopping Center is located. But it's just like down the street at a different address. So it is eight five five El Camino Reale, A five five El Camino Reale. You can get more information by going to the Woodieshow dot com. But it's just another excuse for us to talk to Heavy Ta.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Heavy Tea?
Speaker 3: Oh boy, I'm doing okay, finally getting over a bad case of bronchitis. But we were doing.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, that's not good. Not good? Really, why who you mechan on? How did you get that?
Speaker 3: Honestly, you want to know how bad it was? It was so bad I ended up missing my company's holiday parties.
Speaker 2: Oh no, goreco.
Speaker 3: I missed out on all the free alcohol. Apparently, I missed out on the karaoke bar afterwards, finger foods, all that brutal, brutal. Knowing you, I'm surprised you didn't push through on that.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's my met galla. Dude. I was disappointed that now.
Speaker 4: You didn't need to come up with the excuse like that, just not to see your coworkers. Another thing, man, idea.
Speaker 1: Tyler, Tyler, he's not turning down free food and alcoholic Come on.
Speaker 2: No, and some of them, some of them do listen to this.
Speaker 1: And wait, did they give away prizes too, because that's a big thing at how many parties?
Speaker 3: I did we do that last year? I don't think we did that last year.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did because I would have been disappointed if I got sick and I couldn't go to the party and then they gave out major prizes.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, no, if they're giving out major prizes, I would have showed up in a hockey bask and showed up.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean we're missing our holiday party technically, menace today.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: So today again, we weren't even supposed to record a podcast today, but I want to make that correction for all the og Woody Show listeners. If you're going to meet up this weekend, Uh yeah, we are super busy today. Today we're gonna be at Raising Canes. This is what day is it today?
Speaker 2: Tuesday.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be at Raising Canes later today at one pm. This is December tenth, from one to three pm in Compton. Myself and Board are going to be there. But while we're doing that, there is a company party that's going on here at the station, and we're missing out on all that. And that's when at least we get free food. I don't know if there's usually like little prizes here and.
Speaker 4: There, right, Yeah, they have usual prizes of like gift cards or like maybe like theme park tickets or like stuff like that that they have spares of our extras of that they give out.
Speaker 2: But man, we're missing on the food.
Speaker 4: We even have a meeting today that has no food because we're expecting us to get food at the company party.
Speaker 2: But we're not gonna be able to go. We can't do any of that.
Speaker 3: See that's bogus. Like I'm gonna throw this out. When I eventually start the heavy team network, every meeting we'll have food.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to work for that. That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then people are like, well, you guys are going to Raisin Canes. Well, here's the thing. When we have events, we have like no time to eat because you know, you try to take a bite of food and then you're talking to a listener.
Speaker 2: So I mean that's why we're there. We're there to talk to listeners, so we're there to hang out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we never have time to eat any food, which I think might be a good thing because I am trying to keep the weight off.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but every once in a while, like Raisin Canes, they'll hand us food as we're leaving on the way to go.
Speaker 2: But then we got to.
Speaker 4: Drive and then your video editing, I'm driving, what are we going to how re supposed to eat this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So, and and I have a new refo okay, still, and I don't want to get a tutor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to keep it clean. Yeah, unlike Tyler.
Speaker 1: If you cannot hang out with us today, just a quick reminder, we are going to be back up Hihology Irvine Spectrum this up coming Thursday, that is December twelfth, from three to five pm, and we're gonna be given away big screen televisions, metaglasses, and so much more. So we'd love to see you at Piology Irvine Spectrum this Thursday, December twelfth. Now between all this, I'm gonna be hanging out with you today at Raising Knes. Then I'm going to the airport. I'm flying to Dallas and I'm gonna hang out there for the night. And then the very next day I'm just hanging out with Woody all day long. Now, I do have a gift card two BUCkies that was given to me by Morgan's mom. Morgan's mom just sent me a thank you for you know, hooking up Morgan to hang out at the UC all the time. Now, Now, will I have time to go to BUCkies on Wednesday?
Speaker 2: I do not know. But what should I get if I go? Home?
Speaker 4: Style chochkey from BUCkies that you saw on your last journey that you're thinking I really should have got that.
Speaker 1: I mean there is some merch that I saw, like some jackets and stuff. But now, Tyler you might have seen this, or maybe Bort you saw as well. Did you see that thing that kind of looks like a like a little gas station thing where you put alcohol in it and then it puts out out of the gas nozzle for shots.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if I see that, I'm buying that. Oh that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And I think you also, depending on how much you have left on this gift car, because I don't know what's on it, you could also spend some on some treats on the way home. Because the last time I went, I picked up some taffy for the office.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That might be the best taffy I've ever had my life. Oh, like, it's way up there.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I don't remember you. I don't remember getting any taffy.
Speaker 4: I remember that Tyler said he was going to guess a bunch of stuff from from BUCkies and today that's weird.
Speaker 1: Now, if you don't know BUCkies, you're living under a rock. Yes, Bucki is not available in California, but google this place.
Speaker 2: They have over I don't know what two.
Speaker 1: Hundred different Jerkys chips all BUCkies brands, So hopefully I'll be able to go to that and pick that up. Oh one last shout out, I do have one more viewing party. Thank you to everybody that came out to the viewing party at Bueno Park on Sunday for the TCL Ultimate Viewing Party where we gave away a ninety eight inch TCL television that was so cool on sites. We're gonna be doing it again this time in El Segondo this Sunday, December fifteenth, from one to three pm.
Speaker 2: Now, did you watch the game, Tyler? It was the Chargers versus the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: I actually did watch that game. I was often with enough time to see the ending at home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm just throwing this out there. The Chiefs are worshiping Satan before and after every game. There's no explaining, right.
Speaker 2: So you say that thing.
Speaker 1: So I'm at this watch party, right and it's all like Chargers fans, and the Chargers are doing really well.
Speaker 2: They're up. You know, it's a really close game.
Speaker 1: And Chiefs are Chiefs, dude, and they always figure out a way to win at the very end. So there's one second left in the game, they get close enough to get a kicker out there. It goes way left and you're like, oh, oh my god, the Chargers might actually win this. The ball joints off the goalposts and then.
Speaker 2: In for the win. Oh my god. Yeah. And then immediately I go on the microphone.
Speaker 1: I say, all right, guys, well I'm giving away this ninety eight inch TV.
Speaker 2: Get ready, here we go.
Speaker 1: And then I picked the winner and the winner was so excited, like losing their mind. So if you want to be one of those people, make sure you show up to Elsa Gundo this Sunday, December fifteenth, at Rock and Bruise between one and three pm.
Speaker 4: It was wild because I actually was in Buena Park at knots Bery Farm what and I drove past the Rock and Bruise and I'm like, oh, look, let's wave and there's everything happening with Menace. Immediately I walk into knots what do I have? Somebody sees me like, Bort, we just.
Speaker 5: Left Menace at Rocket Brews.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: And then I'm walking through the park and somebody sees me and goes, Bort, I'm gonna be at Compton for raising canes.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cool. Thank you guys, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: They looked packed. What a fun spot though. Yeah it was coy and yeah, I'm not just giving a way one thing. I'm gonna weigh a bunch of stuff. So do I think that like, oh, there's a bunch of people that I'm not gonna win anything. We come with boxes and stuff.
Speaker 4: But to preface as well, we don't know sometimes what we have. So to people that do ask, hey are you bringing this, sometimes we don't know where we're bringing.
Speaker 2: Yeah until day of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, I do want to say though, big shout to everybody that showed up to Suavesito HQ on Saturday the day before all that Rock and Bruce stuff. It was Star Wars themed and oh my god, so much fun. We got to do more stuff at Suavescito HQ and Santa Ana.
Speaker 2: I mean they had storm Troopers. They had a fully functional R two D two. Brett almost cried over it. I literally was. I was smiling ear to ear.
Speaker 4: I was possibly gonna cry at the moment, just because you walk into Swavasito, Right, it is a giant compound like it is an industrial area, right, menaces are doing giveaways and everything for listeners and meeting everybody. They have a little brewery setup, they have a coffee setup, they have trucks with pizza and tacos. Tyler would have cried just for that, I know. And then you walk in and they not only have a barber shop going with free haircuts, they also have three different display rooms with all their products from clothing to collectible items, like we have a new Suavacito bobblehead here in the office, and there's a couple of stormtroopers, And then you turn another corner and there he is R two D two himself, just staring right at you and talking to you, talking to you and doing everything in Because of the secrecy of some of this stuff, I don't want to like peel back the curtain because of trusted items. But there would be a reason why I'd be so happy to meet that R two D two. Yeah, this one, this specific one. It was special. You can see the video on my Instagram at mens M E. Nace.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you in the future, if we do another event at Suavesito, you're gonna want to go to this thing. Definitely one of the best setups out of all the events that we've done. Oh for sure, for sure, Massive space too, so cool. So if you listen the last bot, I said, this is how week. Five different places that we're gonna be at this week. Plus I started the week out in Vegas with Morgan. We went to power Slap. Did you watch the video? Did you watch the Powerslop video on my Instagram?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, it's brutal, man. It is so good.
Speaker 3: It's honestly, it's one of the better things I've ever seen. And it's definitely something I would want to see up clost in person because I've seen all I've seen are YouTube videos and then of course your video. This is something I'm just like, I would be like, like how Joe Rogan reacts when someone gets knocked out of the UFC, That's exactly how i'd react to person.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: And it's like kind of on the ground floor of this thing, so it's still like, I mean, I know, it was at the Fontaine Blue and very nice, but it wasn't like the main area of Fontaine Blue. Was kind of in the back in almost like one of their big meeting rooms, and they just have this event and it's just like really small but so much fun.
Speaker 2: At the same time.
Speaker 4: Now, has this inspired Tyler to become a power slappero?
Speaker 3: Definitely not. No, I've seen the force of impact that these slaps give out and I would die.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, you don't think you could slap somebody that hard, dude.
Speaker 3: No. The funny thing is is that I know that when I swing, I'm like, okay, I have I have a good, you know, chunk of power coming from my swings.
Speaker 2: I've seen these dudes. No, I'm gonna you're outside, you're on the ground.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking about getting slapped and burned, I have a bone to pick with you.
Speaker 2: Tyler, and a little bit with Erica.
Speaker 1: Look one hundred percent my fault, okay, but you could have helped me out here right. This happened the other morning. Okay, so before my event at Rock and Bruce Woody is on the air and he's talking about it and said, hey, you know, Menace is going to be out at Rock and Bruce go hang out with them watch the Chargers versus Chiefs game. And I said, because I just did the podcast with you and Eric, I said, oh no, the Chargers already played the.
Speaker 2: Chiefs because Eric said that mistakenly.
Speaker 1: But somebody could have in and save me because the Chargers just played his team, that would be the Falcons, and you didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, because it was an embarrassing loss. Why would I want to bring that up?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I think you're forgetting that Tyler will avoid anything that pertains to him in a light that could disrupt this happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a light that is damaging by the way, you know, actually, hold on, we're gonna get a mini Falcons right here. Okay, So while you have mentioned that, I would like to point out that this team stinks. We got gassed up for these guys, dude. I was, and that you know what that is. That is on me for believing in the hype once again. We started the season six and three, right, six and three, six wins, three losses. We have lost four in a row. We are now six and seven. We are on the verge of missing the playoffs. Our Kirk Cousins sucks.
Speaker 2: Dudeh and you gave him a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Dude on the past four games, this dude has no touchdowns, eight interceptions. He's throwing the defense under the bus. By dude, The secondary is ass.
Speaker 1: You guys have so much swag in the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: Dude, we do.
Speaker 3: We were swagging, we were surfing. This team sticks, dude, And to make it even worse, maybe we've been to make it even worse. The Falcons are on Monday night football against the Raiders. I'm hoping to go to cosmim to watch this game. Right, Well, guess what what. The Raiders starting quarterback in the last game got hurt with a near ankle injury and is most likely not playing on Monday.
Speaker 2: Well, gives you a chance to win though.
Speaker 3: Oh there's more. There's more. Who is replacing eight and O'Connell. That would be Desmond Ritter, the Falcons starting quarterback from last sees this dude is going to have a revenge game. He sends me up for three hundred and fifty yards and four tundies on national TV. I'm gonna be there in my most depressed state at cause of just slumped in my chair wishing I could fall asleep for the paid to end. Like, dude, this team sticks. Man, this team sticks. You're gonna get murked.
Speaker 2: You know what this is called justice? Justice? Yes, yeah, being served? Someone call this justice.
Speaker 3: I would call this crimes against me in the city of Atlanta.
Speaker 2: It's so stupid.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we don't really have much time, Borton. I have to go to a meeting about thirty minutes, so I'm sorry that I just wanted to jump in and do this quick pod for you. Go back and listen to all of our other pods during the holidays. I just want to say thank you so much for all the support.
Speaker 2: We've been getting.
Speaker 1: We've been doing this pod for quite a few years now, just pretty much like kind of for fun, and I felt like this year has been the year that we've gotten the most shout outs on the pod, the most love on the pod. So I just want to say thank you to everybody out there, like on the Facebook page, on the Reddit page, and on Instagram, and anybody that supports this pod, that goes to our events and just talks about it. Also of course supporting the Mothership the Woody Show. We can't thank you enough because we get to have fun just because you support us.
Speaker 4: You think we'll pod next week at all, or where are you at next week?
Speaker 2: I don't even know where I'm at next week. I mean, I'm trying to get through this.
Speaker 4: Week, so I will be in the building all next week because if anybody calls the Woody Show trying to win a gift card, which we haven't determined which gift card yet, I will be the.
Speaker 2: One answering the phones.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, so I will be pulling triple duty next week by myself here.
Speaker 2: So I'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying, if we were Gunna pod or during the holidays or where you're at.
Speaker 1: Well, let's check you out with the crew, because you know, Tyler was the only one available today, so we got to see if everyone else is available by chance.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: I mean, Julianne might be on a cruise. She might be squirting milk all over people. Eric might be teaching his new young one how to smash through tables.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Randy might be in paul Garia or something.
Speaker 4: You know what's so funny about Randy? I have a Randy story. Okay, So, Suavecito, we were out on Saturday. We both left win our separate directions. You literally went east. I went west to Dilomo Mall. I tried calling Randy to see what he was up to, to kind of catch up with him, and he says, oh hey, sorry man. An hour later, by the way, an hour later text me, yep, hey, sorry, I'm at dinner right now. Sorry mister call, and I went, oh, it's okay, man, I was just at Diloma Mall and I was just calling to catch up with you.
Speaker 5: Said, I'm at Dilomo Mall right now, having dinner.
Speaker 2: For the last hour. Oh wow, So you were both there. No, not only just both there.
Speaker 4: He was literally down the hall from where I was at for thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm like, dude, get back to people. He can't do that.
Speaker 1: That's how I told him, the wishy washy stuff. I love him to death, but that's the stuff that I don't like. This is why you should do what I do. I have Randy's location, so.
Speaker 2: I was about to rap up a pod. But I've never heard of this before.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you guys were like that, you're in a relationship like that.
Speaker 3: So we're going to keep the secret, keep it safe because I don't know if he remembers that I actually have his location.
Speaker 1: Dude, Wait, are you supposed to be the guy like like if he gets taken or something or what?
Speaker 2: I think? So, yeah, I think that's what it was.
Speaker 3: Like. Hey, he may have sent it to me like, hey, just make sure I don't end up dead in a ditch or something. Yeah, okay, and I forgot I had it, but dude, So okay, real story, real quick. About two months ago, me and a buddy of mine, we're waiting for Randy to hop online because we're gonna play I think we're gonna play like Madden or something like that. Yeah, and he's like, oh, okay, I'll be on in like twenty minutes. And we're like, okay, cool, cool cool. So, you know, thirty minutes goes by and I'm like, hey, dude, where are you at. He's like, oh, oh, I just got home. I look at this dude's location. This dude's in the drive through. Yeah, and I'm just like you, son of a bitch. He's like, you can see my location? Catching I guess I had so.
Speaker 1: So you're supposed to bust in like the kool Aid man if he gets taken somewhere.
Speaker 3: Dude, if he gets taken, I'm supposed to be like, oh yeah, it's kind of free of my guess.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Milicia man.
Speaker 4: So we're saying is anytime we need Randy now, we're supposed to hit you up.
Speaker 3: To see where I'm just saying, I don't know who's Okay, so Brett, you know this reference, I don't know who's more like Carmen san Diego from when we were kids. If it's where in the world is Menace? Or where in the world is Randy like, it's it could be either orange.
Speaker 4: At least we know because we'll see it on social media at some point during the day. Randy, on the other hand, we have to wait thirty weeks, no clue.
Speaker 3: Randy is like, uh and I mean, this is the kindest way possible. Randy is like a mole. This dude has tunnels everywhere.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he's like al Chapo dude.
Speaker 5: Why he's Ricardo Rolex Man.
Speaker 1: I recalled, Okay, Tyler, do you want to say anything before we leave to all the people for this past Yes.
Speaker 3: So I did a little grocery shopping adventure last night. I think I told you guys that. So I went to stated Brothers last night because my mom's like, hey, they're having a deal on cereal. I don't know if you want to go, he said, the normal ten point seven ounce boxes of cereal. Okay, So I go, and it says they're for ninety nine, which is stupid expect for cereal, right, So I'm like, okay, and then there's a little tag underneath it for all the General Mills ones a dollar ninety nine if you put in like your club phone number or whatever. I bought ten boxes of Serial.
Speaker 2: Oh nice.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know what that has to do with thank you for listening to the pod for the past.
Speaker 3: Year, but oh, I just want I just wanted to share this story because if you listen to the pod, this is the type of stories that you get.
Speaker 2: I've just started.
Speaker 4: This is a free people for all the listeners. Oh guys, dude, guys, thank you guys for listening. I went grocery shopping.
Speaker 3: Bought ten boxes of cereal last night. Saw my to but you can't lie on savings, dude. Saw my total dip from forty five bucks to nineteen ninety Wow. Awesome, insane. Okay, and yes, you get this type of stuff and more fun stuff when everybody else is on the pod. But honestly, really like with what men has said. There's been especially on the Reddit page this year, there's been a ton of love for this podcast. It's been a couple of power rankings that I don't necessarily agree with. That's neither here nor there, but not the love is actually pretty surreal, man like, thank you for all of that, and let's let's have a banger of twenty twenty five when that comes.
Speaker 4: I would also like to add to everybody the last five years plus we've been doing this now, I've gotten to hang out with my friends on the mic, whether they were here or not here, or in Houston or across the world in many different places, have a lot of fun. It's one of my favorite things I get to do during the week. And the fact that so many people reciprocate and say how much they enjoy listening to us and our stories and they feel like they're friends with us and get to be part of the room and just enjoy the ridiculousness of this, and also to support all of us in whatever we ever have going on, whether it's something with Menace or even Eric getting married and having a kid and people were very applauding of him, or Julianne's seventeen kids that she's had, and Randy in all the aspirations he always tries to do, like learning Japanese, which we need an update on that, yeah, Mr, or even you know my stuff or actually Shasta was Shastaje's boutique or Eric's mom with blankets by Tracy, Like, so many people support and come out and go hard for us, and it's never lost on us how much we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And thank you, guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You have one vision that I can see that the people would love. Yes, and I think would be really fun to do. What if we did What's new Pod road trip?
Speaker 2: What's new Pod road trip?
Speaker 3: Like across the country. Maybe we get like an RV or something like that sprinter event than you do, like or sprint event, and do like a quick five or six days road trip.
Speaker 2: Dude, I would love I'm down if you guys are down.
Speaker 3: I'm totally I mean we'd have to work out like logistic wives of work and stuff like that, but I'm totally down to it.
Speaker 2: That'd be hilarious.
Speaker 4: I love this idea, and I think we should incorporate it with all the things that we always say we're gonna do as a pod hmm, and the things that are missed out that we need to experience, like Randy never seeing a certain food spot or Julien's still never being to a Jack in the box, or the fact that we all need to go to reinforce camping or anything like that we enjoy. Or maybe taking Tyler back to Houston.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe the old stoppy ground triumphant return and.
Speaker 5: Seeing all of his illegitimate kids and how they're doing.
Speaker 3: Can't wait, we can just go around Houston. That's but no, actually that is what we could call it. We could call it the What's New Pod fast food toward twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I mean the first one we were going to go to White Castle for one day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rump, I think or was that to take you to the brothel? I don't remember, bro what that just reminded me.
Speaker 5: We have somewhere to take Tyler we keep forgetting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a special place that we found for you. Oh yeah, okay, well no way, is that Gene Nevada?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Either way, We'll take you to the brothel and we'll get you some cheeseburgers.
Speaker 3: How about that, dude, There's a there's a White Castle, Miandaberger now in Vegas, so we can go check that out. Drive a little bit more, go to Hearty's Culvers, some other pieces that we don't get bo Jangles maybe.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, Zippies, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were supposed to do a pod in Vegas, I believe in October, but the studio that we're gonna use open really late. It just now opened, the Jason Alden Studio right next to the Cosmopolitan. You just opened a new bar, but there's a new iHeartRadio studio in there that we were going to use for the pod. So we definitely got to do that in twenty twenty five. Definitely gonna be in Vegas a lot in twenty twenty five because of UFC and all the stuff we've been doing with UFC. I want to go check out that A's game that's happening in March eighth. That should be fun and so much more. Here's to twenty twenty five again, thank you for listening to the podcast. We'd love to see you this week. Get all the information, go to the woodieshow dot com and click events. Unfortunately, myself and port we have have to go to this meeting right now and then we'll see you later today at Raisincaines Compton. Y'all please rate and review this podcast Write us an email if you want to right the pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll see you soon.