Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, let's do it our number two Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven to ninety. Another game day, another beautiful day. Well, I keep saying that, And even if the weather has gotten bad already, it's still beautiful to me because today is we're both local fan bases around here. Louisvill fans Andi Kentucky fans are or riding a high from last night, how their teams won nearly lost, of course, but found a way to win, and sometimes just not only enjoying the feeling that you get from this, but just thinking about how bad I mean, you wouldn't have just been able to like have any other day, right if things go the different direction which you look like they were going last night with both teams about to choke it, I mean, Louisville came all the way back and then let an eight point lead disappear quickly. Kentucky quite literally gave the game away until they were able to get a game game winning shot from Oway, just like Louisville did with Chucky So I mean, just think about how much different today is if those these things don't happen. Chucky Heburn doesn't get to put back as time expires, and Oway doesn't go coast to coast to get his second game winner against his former team in the same season, which is just a crazy thing to say. So it is beautiful around here, regardless of what the weather may look like, but it does sound like it's gonna get nasty this weekend, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Already getting coffee and company. We're phil about Thorton's.
Speaker 2: Make sure you sign up to become a member of the Refreshing Awards program if you haven't already.
Speaker 3: You'll save money at the pump. Life will be better.
Speaker 2: I can't guarantee you that, but I want you to trust me and those that have trusted me when it comes to that, you know I haven't. I haven't steered you wrong at all, all right, So just to get you caught up on all the games going on right now, and of course games that have already concluded. Auburn got a scare from All Miss but did survive, so they'll move on to the semi finals tomorrow. Michigan State got a big win against Oregon. Michigan State looks insanely good right now. I don't know what they'll do in the tournament because you kind of never know when it comes to the Big Ten. The Big Ten for a long time now has had really, really really good teams, a really good league. I mean, sometimes it's been better than other years, but I mean, them not winning a national championship in twenty five years is an insane thing to think about when you consider that they're still viewed as annually one of the top two leagues in college basketball every year. I mean, and yet they know they usually don't go deep in March, and they have had some teams get all the way to the championship game only to you know, to lose. Also looks like it's final between Memphis and Wichita State. That was a close game and that one has probably not won anybody around here cares about. However, had Michigan lost and Whichita State continue to move forward, they could have been a potential bidstealer. And that's with the bubble being what it is is you know, bit stealing is is gonna somebody's gonna steal a bit, I think, and it's gonna break some hearts for bubble teams that'll that'll miss out on the tournament because of that. All right, currently we've got some games in action. UCLA is getting their ass kicked by Wisconsin. I looked up at the screen, saw that the score was sixty to forty it's sixty to forty three now.
Speaker 3: But just a two things that I looked at.
Speaker 2: The first thing I saw when I turned on this, when I looked up to see UCLA Wisconsin on my screen, was Mick Cronin smiling and laughing, but his team's getting killed. I don't know if he was doing it sarcastically, you know, going after a rap or what it was. But also I looked at the Yukon game, and sure enough, first thing I saw Dan Hurley screaming.
Speaker 3: Like a lunatic.
Speaker 2: So I think that's kind of just, you know, sounds about right. And I'm not even sure if they're playing right now, but it was the first they were either they were showing a Yukon game. That's that's coming up, lay, That's what it was. They were showing a Yukon it was Yukon Creighton preview. But when you're looking for b roll to put up there of Dan Hurley, you know, just some footage to have playing on the screen while you're discussing the matchup in his Yukon Huskies.
Speaker 3: The majority of what you're gonna see is.
Speaker 2: Probably him screaming at referees or losing his mind like a lunatic, because you know, that's kind of.
Speaker 3: What he does.
Speaker 2: Or Mick Cronan just looking like a main Yeah, like Cronin smiling threw me off, but it was probably like an evil smile because he's he seems like a real miserable human being.
Speaker 3: He's the only one that cares. He's I mean, they'll get in.
Speaker 2: They're twenty two and nine, but like I'm telling you, this team UCLA probably losing in the first round in close fashion that would put them at twenty two and ten when it's all said and done, probably get like an eight seed, lose to him and nine. That is quite literally what Mick Cronin.
Speaker 3: Is as a head coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna get twenty wins, but he's likely going to never get over the hump, be good enough to you know, not be viewed as a terrible coach, and then you'll he'll have an occasional season where he's got a really real good regular season to where he gets a decent seed and then they'll end up, you know, bowing out early.
Speaker 3: I mean, anyways, we'll move on.
Speaker 2: We don't need to give Mick Cronin any more of our time today, all right, So a job has become open. Iowa has decided to fire freand McCaffrey, which is no real surprise given that things run its course there.
Speaker 3: So here's what is interesting.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Indiana it was reported that they have I don't know, and you never know what to believe when it comes to the coaching searches, but it would make total sense if Indiana is interested in Ben McCollum because I don't know how, I mean, Drake had to know if this guy is what we think he is, like, we won't have him long because we're the first school that's going to take a chance on going and getting a guy from the D two level who's been dominant and seeing if he can bring it over to the D one level. And clearly he did that and was phenomenal this year in his first season at Drake, and it will likely be his last season because Indiana, I mean that would be a no brainer job for Ben McCollum.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I think he would do well wherever he goes. I do.
Speaker 2: I just think he, to me, is is the kind of coach that more than ever deserves the opportunity to coach a high level program Because you don't need to have some of the credentials that you used to have to really not only get those big jobs, but thrive in those big jobs. You now it can you know, transactional situations can help you if you could, if you got money to go get players. This guy's proven he can get people to believe in him, he can get people to buy in. He's done it. He has a formula that's worked. It worked at an insane level at the D two level, and so far, so good at Drake. So again, I guess there's always a chance it doesn't work out. You never know, But I just think Ben McCollum is the kind of guy that that you know, has proven he can win. And you know, things that used to deter you from going after a guy like that, I just don't think are as big of a factor anymore. So Indiana would be a no brainer, But now Iowa is open and I did not realize he's an Iowa guy, like he's I mean, I mean makes I mean, I knew he was from Iowa, but it sounds as if like he's I mean, he's when he when he thinks of college basketball as a fan, not a coach. He thinks of the of the Iowa Hawkeys. He's from Iowa City, did not play there, and from from what I can tell, he's never spent any time as a staff or anything like that. But if Home calls, meaning Iowa and offers him the job, I mean, I don't know what he would do. Who knows, but Indiana not being able to get their coach because he wants to go to Iowa would kind of just be Indiana's luck, right like, because Indiana just it seems like since Bob Knight, you know, like they've really been irrelevant.
Speaker 3: And I've defended Indiana for for.
Speaker 2: Years now as far as yeah, they are clearly in the has been category, but they still have everything you would need to have to win and win at a high level. They just can't get the coach thing.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So, now, if in fact, if in fact he doesn't take Indiana arms, if he doesn't go home to Iowa and McCallum doesn't up in Indiana.
Speaker 3: A name to keep in mind.
Speaker 2: For Iowa would would be a guy that also would be coming there after just one season at his previous school. So, uh, Davy's Devrees. I always get it, always get it confused. It's but it's it's the guy who was at Drake who left Drake to go to West Virginia, which led to Ben McCallum going to.
Speaker 3: Drake Freeze, right, yeah, I think it's Degrees. Yeah. Devrai is like.
Speaker 4: The uh that college that came on that with the commercials at like eleven o'clock on, like.
Speaker 2: Yep n they would just insult you for so what are you doing? Sit on the couch, Why don't you do anything? But you get him off your ask you go go go get a career.
Speaker 4: There's that guy on the guy on the bridge in the little over section, just telling you how much a piece of crap you are.
Speaker 2: Get off the couch and go, you know, go find some motivation and come and roll at Devrai. Yeah, there's there's the plug. But anyways, Darien Darien Devrees is the is the head coach at West Virginia.
Speaker 3: Was there one year, and he's also in Iowa.
Speaker 2: Guy, So if they want to keep it, you know, if they want to keep the Iowa can go, and they could get two good coaches out of those two.
Speaker 3: But you just got to think about the dominoes here.
Speaker 2: So if in fact he did leave West Virginia, that would mean West Virginia's job would be open after just one season with him there. And that's a good job too, And I think they did a good job in hiring him, But you know, I doubt they probably thought they'd lose they potentially lose him, you know, to Iowa just one year in. But again there's a domino effect when it comes to these kind of moves. Also, I don't know if I mean, I feel like the reporting out there from those that cover in C State as well as those that cover college basketball nationally, despite there being some pushback early on or maybe just no interest internally, North Carolina State has either changed their mind themselves, or what it sounds like is the money people, the people who you know you need to give a lot of money, right because you've never needed money more than ever, because you're not going to start having to pay twenty million dollars annually to share revenue with athletes. So the money folks, you know, they matter, and they wanted n C State's administration to know we want Will Wade, and Will Wade I guess has already met with him once and it's going to meet with him again either today or tomorrow, and maybe they have it finalized. But I mean, if I'm to go back to Drake, Drake had to know if they if the guy they hired was who they thought he was, they weren't going to have him long. So to be fair, you know, they had to realize it was worth doing it. We had another good year, but we're gonna have to go find another coach. Same thing, you know, I think could be said about McNee State. You know, they knew they were willing to their McNeese State. They're willing to take a pr hit and hire Will Wade. He's a damn good coach, and now they can't be surprised as they entered the tournament for the second consecutive year. There's clearly a distraction where he may have a new employer by the time you guys played in the postseason. So again, you want to be able to win when you get there and I'm sure he'll still coach them, but it wouldn't be a shocker if like they've got a done deal, he's gonna coach. He's gonna coach McNeese and as soon as it's over, they announced him as the NC State head coach. Which, again, if those are the hires that they play out, or if that's one of the hires that has made in the ACC, I mean, will Wade anywhere in the AEC is gonna be good for the AEC. In my opinion, I think it would have made more sense for him to go to Miami, but n C State's also a place that he could he could have success at all. Right, again, it's Coffee and Company. We are feel about. Thorton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us last night. I mean, what a night, What a reminder as far as you know what this thing can do to you on both sides of the spectrum. We were reborn essentially, you know, came back from the dead, brought back to life, however you want to phrase it. That's what this team this season did for us, and that led to us, you know, being super excited yesterday, just to get the postseason started with some real belief and some you know, justified confidence in your team.
Speaker 3: And then you know, they come out and they were really, really, really bad.
Speaker 2: I mean that's probably an exaggeration, but they just so they just weren't themselves. And that's the one thing I never felt like we had to worry about. But what I believe is that, you know, it's a reminder that they're human. I don't think they came out there legitimately scared.
Speaker 3: There was just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Of complacency that we don't typically see, not as much urgency, and once they got down, it was kind of like they were a little bit in shock that that it was happening.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: They couldn't ever really get any offensive rhythm at all. They had a lot of unforced turnovers. Stanford, you know, couldn't buy a bucket early if you remember. And then they got hot, right Like I just kept thinking, you know, Louisville hasn't really established any offensive rhythm in the first thirty minutes or so first twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: I should say.
Speaker 2: And Stanford they're not great, but they're starting to make shots, they're starting to get confidence. One team started, you know, one team stayed in one spot, whereas Stanford started to kind of slowly get more comfortable, make shots and really have some confidence. And then you know, Louisville showed us that they're a resilient group that's tough. And I don't want to say this will be like an all time game. You remember, you'll probably remember Chucky's buzzer beater because it's been a while since we had one of those in March, and man, it was awesome. But the game, you know, I when it felt as if, Okay, there's still a lot of time left, but some's got to give. This team has not been themselves, like there's not as much urgency. Stanford deserves credit for making shots and also doing a good job it really, you know, kind of daring certain guys to do things that's outside of their game, right, Like they took James Scott away from the rim for a good chunk of the game. When he's not near the rim, he's a liability for you offensively, and that's what they want, right. You know, they were they were clearly having a tough time containing Terrence Edwards, but they did a pretty good job at defending the pick and roll with Chucky. They did a pretty good job, and Javon Hadley I just think was kind of a non factor. So my worry wasn't just because of the deficit and you know it being the second half. It was just because unless something changes drastically, like this is not gonna go well. And then sure enough it did. There's the time out, the first time I can remember a timeout like that being needed where you had to call time was gonna get away from you. I mean it kind of already did. You were down fifteen, and these guys just collectively, I mean clearly it was a collective effort, but it was Chucky Hepburn who said, look, we're not losing this game, and you know what, he was right.
Speaker 3: They didn't. And we'll see. Louisville's a beatable team. We know that.
Speaker 2: We've been reminded of that all year, even throughout the wins. We know this team, like anybody, could slip up.
Speaker 3: It happens.
Speaker 2: But there just seems to be some magic with the one and only Chucky Hepburn, as far as he's not gonna let us lose. I mean, Louisville is not favorite Tonight, they're expected to lose when it comes to that kind of thing, pointspread and whatnot. But I'm sure these guys don't approach it that way. And just you know, not to get sentimental here, but like just being able to call my dad and talk about last night's game and tonight's game, and you know, it's just a reminder I was a lot younger whenever the last time I was in that position where you know, my dad who you know, it's basically his religion Louisville Baskets, all Louisville Cardinals, and that's you know, rubbed off on me. That's you know, it's it's basically been a huge part of my life forever, and I don't ever see that changing. But the last time we were talking March, talking about a team and the potential path and that kind of stuff. I mean, I felt like I was a little kid. I mean a little one. Been in the second weekend in ten years, folks. So you know, last night I called him. He turned it off because you know, not like he was done with the team, but you know, like just trying to, you know, take a little break from it and maybe you come back in five minutes and see if the score is better, and sure enough, my partner in crime, Austin, we're texting and things are going poorly and he takes a walk, tells me he's gonna go walk.
Speaker 3: His dog had to do it.
Speaker 2: So the two that I'm reaching out to during the game because I'm panicking, you know, they were kind of you know, doing some reverse reverse mojo or something, right, like my dad was just gonna turn it away, you know, thinking maybe he's the problem. Austin, same thing, just going on a walk to you know, kind of you know.
Speaker 3: See if if he can.
Speaker 2: Ride some old mojo where the last time you went on a walk when things were bad, it was the miracle on Main we beat Marquette. That's right, That's what he tells me. So you know, well, I'm I'm a mess. I mean, I said this last night, Joe.
Speaker 3: Like I just left you on an island.
Speaker 2: Though at that point, well, I was by myself at home because my wife was out with the kids moose baseball practice, t ball practice, and he couldn't take it.
Speaker 3: So so I'm I mean, I'm at home.
Speaker 2: I'm a madman, and I'm thinking to myself, if you know, we can always find a silver lining. I found one here because I'm so glad my children are not at home, my young, innocent, sweet children, and they're not here to see their father behave like this during a basketball game.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm I'm losing it.
Speaker 2: And then sure enough they start rolling, they make a big run, and then the dramatic ending where they let the eight point lead slip only to then get the buzzer beater from Chucky. It was just it was a reminder that it's just different this time of year. But anyways, I was I was talking to my dad earlier and he said something that you know, he's my dad, He's the guy who you know, I've listened to him talk more Louisville than I've listened to anybody in my life, because you know, before I, you know, became obsessed with it and you know, became an adult, I would just probably annoy the hell out of him asking them about teams that played in the eighties that I didn't get a chance to see. You know, all my knowledge of lois of basketball, especially the knowledge of the eras that I wasn't alive for, is all for him. So he said today, and I'm just gonna I don't even if it's true, but I'm I'm gonna believe in the power of positivity that last night, having that emotional roller coaster right like you're getting killed, it's not. I mean, you're you're in a way you haven't been really at all this year, especially since January started, And then you dig deep, you find some resilience, chucky kind of willing this team back, everybody playing the role, and then you know, you give up the lead only to then get the buzzer beater. So again, anything could happened to night. But I do think there's something to be said that those nerves, if you want to call it that, maybe you know, just being a little anxious because they're humans. They know this is March, this is the postseason, this is different, This isn't you know, this is different. But hopefully that I mean, I don't know how they wouldn't have been able to get that out of the system after last night, because I mean last night, I mean it was imagine. I mean again, I can't imagine. You know, clearly it's different than being a fan and a player, but like they would probably even though they appreciate our support and clearly they have shown that throughout the year. I think these guys really appreciate level basketball, and I think they've really embraced being the group, being the team that has got us back on track. And they've surely seen us throughout the year getting more and more back into it, and you know, the revival is a real thing.
Speaker 3: So again, I know they appreciate us.
Speaker 2: But if they knew what this did to us, like they if they saw what kind of humans we become, how we behave And I don't mean like we're outbreaking the law, but like I'm a version of myself that I don't know whenever things are playing out like last night on both sides, the good and the bad. So we're crazy about it around here, and it's I think we've always known that, but man, last night was a real reminder what this stuff can do to you. All right, quick break, we'll come back. Keep this thing rolling along the bubble. Let's talk about it on the other side, because there are clearly an identified like five six teams that are fighting for the last spots and it's gonna them down to the committee and none of us know what they're going to do. But I do think there's a couple of teams that you can pinpoint two things on their resume that make it to where one team should be in the dance, whereas the others, I feel like, if you do put them in, we're going to know there's we're going to know the reason why. Right quick break, it's Coffee and Company. We're feel about Thorntons right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven to nine day.
Speaker 2: So Texas is hanging with Tennessee, just a three point game with a minute and a half left in the first half. So Texas, look, they may play their way in because and they may already have because obviously their win against A and M was a valuable one and Tennessee would be a monster win for them. So you know, maybe they do get in. But when it comes to the resumes right now, for teams that are on the bubble, this is a real good example of how it really just comes down to the committee collectively deciding what they want to prioritize most because a lot of these teams on the bubble in the exact same spot. However, one's to one team's strength as far as what makes them worthy of consideration may be another bubble team's weakness and vice versa. Let me give you an example, Carolina and Texas. You know, I'm looking at Lenardi's bracketology that came out earlier today.
Speaker 3: He put it out at noon today. He has both.
Speaker 2: North Carolina and Texas as the last four in. In fact, Texas is the last team in right now, Carolina is the third to last team in with Xavier in between there. So right now, you know, if Leonardi was correct, who knows, maybe he's wrong, both would be in, but not, you know, not by much. Right like for example, maybe I can't think of anybody still playing that could you know, really improve their situation. But anyways, with Carolina and Texas, the net rankings very similar. Carolina is at thirty five, Texas is thirty eight. When you look at their overall record, Carolina has got more wins twenty two and twelve, nineteen and fourteen. If you look at the strength of schedule, Carolina's strength of schedule is forty ninth's that's overall strength of schedule. Texas is nineteenth. But let me let me I think this is an important thing to point out, and it really just depends on how you you know, you could take this whichever.
Speaker 3: Way you want.
Speaker 2: The non conference strength of schedule, Carolina's is fifth. Carolina played the fifth toughest non conference schedule in college basketball, which again is why they're in this position where they're even considered because they they didn't really lose. They have one loss that is you know, that is that is deemed not good. It's in the Q three range. Texas is non conference strength of schedule is two eighty five. So Texas does have good wins against Kentucky, Missouri, A and M twice.
Speaker 3: But I mean.
Speaker 2: Is that enough to bypass a team that is nineteen and fourteen and has you know, has a losing record in quad two games. So they're both the same. It just depends on what you want to emphasize, which you either want to punish somebody for or award them for.
Speaker 3: Carolina.
Speaker 2: I could make the case that, look, they're yeah, they're one and eleven in quad one games, but eleven quad one losses, I mean, that doesn't prove they're not good. They're also eight to zero and Quad two games. So you combine the Q one and Q two records, you've got Carolina that is nine and eleven. You look at Quad two in Quad one buying for Texas seven and fourteen. So again I would say momentum wise, Texas has probably got the benefit of the doubt because of their league. But to me, Texas wouldn't. The only argument to Protexas in is because of their conference. But look if they beat Tennessee even I mean, and by the way, the bubble is so bad, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that both these teams are in.
Speaker 2: Regardless of what happens moving forward, because you could put Boise State in. Boise State's got a net of forty three. They're twenty two and nine. Their strength to schedule is substantially low in both non conference and in overall strength to schedule. They're two and five in Quad one, five and two in Quad two, and they have one loss in Quad three range and one loss in Quad four. Like, if that's a team that's fighting for one of the last spots, then I'd say Carolina and Tech are probably in good shape because they're ahead of them. Xavior's a bubble team. Xavior strength to schedule fifty eight, overall one fifty five in non conference, they're two and nine in Quad one, seven and two in Quad two they're wins of note, Marquette, Yukon Creighton solid wins. But you know, I just think to me, that's a team that if you know, if they're left out, you get it, and if they get in, you would say, well, okay, the bubble must be pretty weak. That's and that's technically what we're looking at. So Indiana, I mean, as of right now, Lenardi has them as and again who knows, maybe Leonardi's wrong, but that's all we can really reference because of course, you know, well I guess there's other bracketology out there that you can reference, but you know, it all comes down to the committee as far as how they want to you know, how they want to choose to do it. But I think both, you know, the two most talked about bubble teams I think have been Texas and Carolina in the last few days, and I'd say right now both would probably be in because I just don't think you would put teams like Boise, Colorado State, Indiana, Ohio State ahead of them. So again, back to the quad systems real quick here. This is not not to nerd out too much, but if there's ever a time to do. It would be when we're just a couple of days away from selection Sunday.
Speaker 3: I talked about this a little bit earlier, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, your Quad one losses and your quad one wins, even though you know there's a wide range and they technically still fall in one of four categories, right Quad one through Quad four, you know, the committee's going to realize that they're not all They should realize that they're not all created equally. So again, for Louisville, you would absolutely hope that every loss you have can get to quad one and every win you have, or you know, the decent wins you have can fall into quad one as well. But right now West Virginia, of course, one of Louisville's best wins, it is currently a quad one victory victory as of right now, as of this moment, okay, because they're sitting at fifty if they fall one one spot, which they were fifty one yesterday, so it was a quad two win, so you added a quad one win overnight. Oklahoma, they've maintained top forty or top fifty is they're at forty four, So that's a loss obviously, but it doesn't fall on the quad two as like a bad loss, but again despite their not being a big difference from forty three to fifty one, whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: You know, you want your numbers to.
Speaker 2: Reflect that your losses are as good as possible and your wins, you know, have as much value as possible.
Speaker 3: But again I just.
Speaker 2: Think to worry about if the committee probably won't you Louisville a whole lot differently, or make a big change to their seed based off of you know, this team meeting West Virginia finishing either forty seven or fifty one, and then for Indiana, you know that's that's a win that that after yesterday is certainly not going to fall in the quad one range, which I mean, you can't control it, but it's just a bummer, you know. I when it comes to Louisville's losses and wins, that you needed to by the way, you want everybody you play to do well because that's the best case scenario, right If you beat them looks like a better win. If they beat you, you're not judged as harshly. But the non conference teams for Louisville didn't do them a whole lot of favors. I mean, really Oklahoma. I mean that Oklahoma's barely Oklahoma, I think is very lucky to get in the tournament. Indiana fell apart, they won't make the tournament. It looks like West Virginia is gonna make it, but I thought that win would have a little more value down the line. So anyways, at this point, I'm just I'm not ready for it to end, because obviously You've got a game night against Clemson, and we'll see if they can win the night. Louisville and Duke tomorrow, I would imagine, although maybe it's not Louislle Duke, maybe it's maybe it's Louisville and in Carolina if Louisville wins, because Carolina is playing better. And you know, despite not you know, not going up against top ten teams, you know, I do believe they are. You know, they're probably not anywhere close to what they should be as far as when you look at their personnel and what their expectations were this year. But I wouldn't be shocked if they could find I mean, easier said than done. But if you know Cooper Flag, by the way, he has been ruled out tonight, he's not going to play, so a Cooper flagless Duke team against a Carolina team that's really hot.
Speaker 3: Of course, the Carolina wins, all.
Speaker 2: That will be said is that they shouldn't get as much credit because they did it without flag. But again, that won't matter to the I mean that won't matter when it comes to the I mean that I think Carolina is in regardless. But if they win the night, even if they compete closely, that's probably going to help them. Even though Cooper Flag's not going to play. And you know, there's a part of me that can't decide, like do I want Duke even though Flag's probably not going to play, because again, even without flag, that's still a monster potential win if you could get it, although unlikely, it would be huge if you could get it, and the opportunity would be one that you should you should value. But with Carolina, clearly they're a little I think they're more beatable and if you eat them, I mean, hell, you do get another valuable win. It's not a huge resume win, but that would be a decent neutral site win against Carolina, another quad one for sure, and also you win the ACC which is crazy, right, So if you play duke and Duke get you, but you compete and you fall shore but still climb up the rankings. I don't know, Like, if I've got a chance in any way for Louisville to freaking win the AEC Championship, I'm gonna take that. But I do think there could still be some real value if that doesn't play out, because first and foremost, you got to get past tonight. But once you do that, you know, if it's Carolina, a loss of them wouldn't be ideal, but it also wouldn't be something that probably really hurts you on the seed line. But if you play Duke, I mean, and you know, God God willing you beat them, they'd be an insane thing to process. But also even playing them close could help you when it comes to just the numbers. And also I believe there's real value in playing a team that good before you get to.
Speaker 3: The big dance.
Speaker 2: And I know they're not going to be that good without f I mean, they're still gonna be good, trust me, But I mean, the best player on the planet according to a lot of people, won't be playing.
Speaker 3: But still Duke has a lot of talent.
Speaker 2: Konkinipple, I wouldn't be shocked if he goes all for thirty tonight, I quick break will come back on the other side.
Speaker 3: Keep this thing rolling along.
Speaker 2: It's coffee and company, and we are field abou Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: That's right, we were wrapping up the four o'clock hour here on a Friday afternoon. Thanks for hanging out with us and ass kicking almost over here as Wisconsin is up eighty six to sixty seven with just twenty seconds left. As coming to an end in the Big Ten tournament for Mick cronin po teams here of course, clearly in the Big Dance, Tennessee three point lead over Texas at halftime. Clearly that would be a monstrous win for Texas. I would imagine they're probably on the right side of the bubble as of now, but a win there can have them resting a little bit easier before selection Sunday.
Speaker 3: And then those are the only games going on currently.
Speaker 2: A lot of games this evening, and I mean a lot of them looking forward to making some bets, that's for sure, but games that have already concluded, You've got Oregon losing to Michigan State izzoh, they move on to the semi finals of the Big Ten Tournament. Auburn competitive game, low scoring. I mean, it was played where Chris Beard wanted it to be played, low scoring, just beach up in the half court. But Auburn held on sixty two to fifty seven. And then Memphis does hold on to be wich TOAs State. They talked about this earlier, but that game is not one that really anybody would care about it unless you're a Memphis fan or a Wichita State fan. But Memphis winning. Memphis to me is the only league left. Memphis is the only team left in a league where if they don't win it, there's gonna be a bitstealer because North Texas is the second place team in that conference, but they're not. I mean, they'd have to win the tournament to get in. So a bubble team that's in now will not be in if Memphis does not win the American Athletic Conference tournament, which they probably will, they are easily the best team in that league and it's not even close. And then elsewhere, I mean, you look at other conference tournaments that haven't concluded just yet. The championship game of the MAC tonight. Clearly that's a one bid league. Same thing for the A ten, and I mean teams left alive Marquette, Saint John's both tournament teams, Maryland Illinois, I mean even yeah, I mean there's really not there's not a conference where you can you could have a bid stealer. I don't think because in the A ten, I mean, the best team in the A ten this year's VCU and are they still alive? Yeah, they play. They play tomorrow against Loyola Chicago. I guess they're they're tournaments a little bit later, but anyways, Yeah, BCU losing their conference tournament would also be a potential bid stealing situation because teams like George Mason and Dayton UH clearly in a better spot than these other teams I'd mentioned, but they're not.
Speaker 3: They're not getting in.
Speaker 2: If they don't, they don't win their conference unless I'm just not paying attention, like to me, Dayton, I mean, Dayton is well, let's see Dayton's twenty two and nine, So maybe they're better than I realized, but I'm not seeing them on any Let's see. Yeah, Dayton currently sitting with a Yeah, I mean they're they've got let's see Dayton. Yeah, there's no I mean, I gat I'm not searching the whole bracket, but I think the two leagues that you have to worry about a bidstealer. If the favorites don't win, it's just the American and the A ten all. Let's talk about the Louis of Men's Clinic, shall we? Fellas telling you no better time than now to do something about your health. And you may not even realize that you have poor health, and it may not even really be fair to say that it's poor health. But when you go to your doctor and you get a check up and they're you know, they're looking at your overall health and they're running lab work, they're not going to be alarmed by your testosterone levels. I mean, if they're low enough for you to be in danger, then they should tell you. But they're not worried about what levels should be for a certain age because for whatever reason, they just don't pay that they don't prioritize that they should because you know, my levels were not alarming, but there's certain levels for age, for your age that you should be at mine were nowhere near where they needed to be for somebody my age, and I'm sure it was like that for a long time, and I just assumed that that's life, and I'm getting older and it's not about low t it's just about you know, being thirty five instead of twenty three. And sure enough, I felt a couple of different emotions, one like, damn, you tell me my testosterone is, like, you know, probably lower than my dad's. I mean, my testosterone levels were in the range of somebody old enough to be my grandpa.
Speaker 3: Probably not something I should just be openly talking about.
Speaker 2: But when it's common and you know, that feeling of like damn, what happened instantly went away because I'm like, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: At least I know why I'm not getting the same results of the gym. This is why I've, for reasons I don't know, started to develop a little bit more flab around the waistline man boobs, that kind of stuff. So for over a year now, I've been on testosterone treatment, keeping my level where they need to be for somebody my age, and I mean I feel like I'm in my twenties. I mean saying that makes it sound like I'm ancient, but I can tell you there's a difference when it comes to how you feel when you're in your twenties and in your thirties.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that.
Speaker 2: I would assume it's not as big of a difference when you're twenty and you're sixty, right, But I feel in the last year I've gotten younger, and it's because of me dealing, you know, me now having testosterone levels where they need to be change my life, not an exaggeration, so they can change yours as well.
Speaker 3: You may not even realize it.
Speaker 2: There's no harm in reaching out, going and having a conversation with them and seeing if they can help you. It's the louisvill Men's Clinic. Babo to four four four thousand is the number, and you can check them out online as well at Louisville Men's Clinic dot com. All right, we got to run five o'clock hours next, stick around right here on Sports Talk seven ninety