Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on jr R.
Speaker 1: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Coffin and Lynd Injury Attorneys. Uh. Not a great night for our Lake Mary Little Leaguers. They ran into the Texas Tornado on the mound last night, Bulldog.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This Julian Hurst from the Borne Texas team throws a three hitter and Texas beats the Lake Mary Little Leaguers, hands Lake Mary their first loss of the Little League World Series for to one. Lake Mary goes down there now in an elimination game tonight against Staten Island, New York. That'll be seven p. I'm a little worried about Lake Mary. They haven't been hitting the ball the last couple of games. Even though they won their last game, they only had I think four hits in the last game.
Speaker 1: Oh, they'll be hitting the night you mark my words. They need to they need to.
Speaker 2: Let's get it going Lake Mary.
Speaker 1: You know what I if I was one of their coaches, you know what, I'd use this the great motivator. You guys don't really want to go back and go to school.
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly good with yeah, come on, yeah, let's get some hits up going boys, Hey.
Speaker 2: Talk on, is this a surprise you? I get a text from Lynch yesterday morning, nothing like little Nascar in the morning in New York. Say Nascar, Lynch, what time we were watching Nascar? Yesterday morning?
Speaker 1: And this race started resumed shortly after eleven finished up about one o'clock. Had some crazy rection there. Did you see the gory Ljoy car go on its roof and skiny it did? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a little bit scary. Luckily he came out of that. But Tyler Reddick ends up winning the race. He'd already qualified for the playoffs he won Talladega earlier in the year. But Tyler Dedick, Tyler Reddick of the Denny Hamlin Michael Jordan team, they end up winning the race. So Michael Jordan, I guess he was their Sunday, but he wasn't there on Monday. So when the race was delayed, I guess Michael George just went home.
Speaker 1: He did. Yeah, it's exactly what yesterday.
Speaker 2: Michael's like, I'm not sticking around.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Tyler Reddick, there's only two races left. Now, so with him winning, that leaves extra playoff spot. I think there's four playoff spots remaining with two races left. Of course, NASCAR the circuit comes to Daytona this Saturday night for the Coke zero four hundred. So yeah, so playoff playoff implications on the line. Saturday in Daytonah NFL News, Tua absolutely just rips his former coach of the Dolphins, Brian Floras. He went on Dan the Dan Lebtard Show that aired yesterday, and he just went off on Floras said the reason he's gotten so much better since Mike McDaniel got there is because Flores was just filled with negativity. Let me let me just read you one of the quotes to put it in the simplest terms. If you woke up every morning and I told you that you suck at what you did, that you don't belong doing what you do, that you shouldn't be here, that this guy should be here not you, that you haven't earned this right, and then you have somebody else come and tell you, dude, you're the best fit for what we're doing. How would that make you feel? Listening to one and then the other. He also called Brian Flores a terrible person. That sounds like a terrible person if you if he's talking like that. Man and two is a pretty reasonable, nice kind of guy. Yeah, he usually doesn't go off like that, but yeah, he just rips Brian Flores. And Flores is now the decordinator of the Vikings. I guess. I guess the Vikings in their head coach came out with a statement. You said, oh, he gets along with our players quite well. Kevin O'Connell, the Vikings head coach, said that yesterday.
Speaker 1: So wow, he sounds like one of those negative dudes that you just kind of walk away from. You kind of will stay clear of that.
Speaker 2: I mean when the Dolphins drafted to a what fifth overall in the first round, and they immediately were trying to make a deal to get DeShawn Watson or Tom Brady, So yeah, they didn't exactly invoke confidence in the guy. So that was that story. This is where college football's at today. By the way, did you see what Alabama paid their general manager yesterday?
Speaker 1: You don't usually hear that term general manager, no.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna start hearing a lot more with the transfer portal with Nio and having to have you know, make sure you have enough money to go around to all the players. Yeah, they're paying their GM, Courtney Morgan, eight hundred and twenty five thousand dollars a year. Hell, I remember when head coach is made eighty thousand dollars a year. Now general managers are making eight hundred thousand dollars a year at the University of Alabama, So very very interesting there. It's just the price of doing business in college football. Actually, when you think about you kind of do need a GM these days in college football, don't you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, with all the because it is literally a business. It's just what, it's flat out business now. And as for paying the gms. As for paying the gms and stuff like that, you know what it generated. The college and pro football generate enough money to do that, so right right.
Speaker 2: Gus Moulton said it a couple of weeks ago at the beginning of practice. He goes, listen, we have a system in place now where I don't have to deal with all this stuff. So, I mean, UCF has a GM, the Gators have a GM. I don't think they pay their GM eight hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. But head coaches if they want to co they can't be dealing with all this negotiating with the player agents and all of this. They need to be figuring out how to win football games. So what else we've got in sports? A couple of NFL rookie starters in the NFL, it was announced yesterday they will start. Jaden Daniels was announced, the starter of the Washington Commanders. Bo Nicks was announced the starter of the Denver Broncos. So these rookie quarterbacks are just you know, they're taking over now.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you know they can name anybody they want. It's what happens on the field here in a few weeks when the game's count, that really matters. So we'll see. It's I'm fired up, I'm ready for the season. I think most of us are bulldog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lynch, you're as fired up as you were last night when you watch Steve Kerr at the Democratic National Convention. Right.
Speaker 1: Mike the Bulldog being Ikey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty f ninety six to nine in the Game, also takes time out of his busy schedule to join us here for the Sports page on jarr each morning, brought to You by Kaufman and Lynn.
Speaker 2: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Kaufman every Saturday, seven thirty am on FM ninety six nine. In the game, you can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oh oh lujin Tako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app