Speaker 1: What's good. It's a lot of good.
Speaker 2: What ups musty and you're checking out the Cruise Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Make sure to subscribe right and ship yo no to welcome my brother into the studio, Nico Blitz. Right then, I heard the rumors about the intros. Man, I didn't know it was at the top, like, y'll come me off guard with that joint.
Speaker 3: I was fine, man, that was fine.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 1: It's a blessing to be here, man. Honestly, Bro, it's great to have you here.
Speaker 2: Bro. We appreciate the time. Oh yeah, oh yeah, we're gonna make it, make it jump. Let's get it, Come on, man, get well. Soon is out the EP cray crazy, big vibes, quality sound jack like eight times, let's go. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Because I'm a bumping in the car and she's gonna listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, let him keep the ox, let me keep the eyes, let him keep it on. I have to give him the music.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That's a good compromise, right there. Wife, you got me watching that too, Love Love Island. Yeah, well you know that that shoulder time is important. Whatever she want to put on, it's like I'll indulged, but I do get interested sometimes.
Speaker 2: Now they talked about it. I'm like, man, I might have to peep this show. Man.
Speaker 1: It's messy as heck, but but you know it's the reason why it's popular for sure.
Speaker 2: So yo, the relationship between you and the craze started off with ten dollars. With ten dollars ten dollars. The show did. It was twenty fourteen in San Francisco.
Speaker 1: He had a tour out there, and I didn't have meet and greet money, but I really wanted to meet him, and so I waited buy his tour bus after the show for hours.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he was doing in there, but.
Speaker 1: It took a long time to come out and praying, man, alright, look, hey, let's hold that's what he was doing. Then he comes out and he shakes my hand. I was I'm like, y'all, I want to give you something. He's like, y'all can't take this. I'm like, no, I want to. I want to sold this into your life. I want to be a blessing to you because you've been a blessing to me. And this is my seed by faith, believing that one day I'm gonna be able to work with you and have the same amount of impact on the world as you have had and grow from there. And seven years after that, he reached out to me, not even knowing that was me.
Speaker 3: Who did that?
Speaker 2: Whoa wow? Did you remind him of that moment?
Speaker 3: I did? I did.
Speaker 1: I did a few years after we started really connecting and he was like mind blown because he remembered that night, but he didn't know that was me.
Speaker 2: Now, what's the line? You gotta sew where you want to go?
Speaker 1: So where you want to go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's where I learned, you know, in terms of, yeah, so where you want to go. And that's even like so your time and your efforts into a direction too, like wherever you want to go. Like it's not just like money per se. But that was that was a method I used.
Speaker 2: Man, listen, you gotta do what you gotta do. Oh yeah, what was the What was the price for the meet and greet? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: I think it was like seventy five hours?
Speaker 2: Wow, and you have ten bucks on You're like, Yo, this is gonna work, This is gonna have to work.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, this is gonna do something for me. Yeah, I was. I was super broke.
Speaker 3: But it paid off. Yeah, yeah, thank.
Speaker 2: Here we are man, get well soon. It's an EP. The beats are hard on this man, what's that selection?
Speaker 3: Like a man?
Speaker 1: First of all, trying to come. My producers Man Trey Wright and Forcing. They go about thirty four thirty four where it hits at they go crazy out to see me Valley. Really we just locked in and build everything from scratch. They made like four out of the six and then Cato on the track which like Instagram viral producer made gang on there and then there's another one. No, he made two of them. Yeah, so my producer made four kto made two and we took it from there.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's refreshing, bro, because a lot of the West Coast hip hop is very just like dark yalladays. So like to hear your project like it's very bright, it's very cheerful, and it's very happy.
Speaker 2: Like there's a party in that, right, there's a party in there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, and yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We try to make slaps for the soul, you know, something you can dance to and feel, but it's like it's gonna make you feel good, like on the inside, you know, I'm trying to lead you into the light, you know. So yeah, like we are surrounded by that that.
Speaker 3: I slide on the block with.
Speaker 1: But but rap is all about being authentic to you, and that's not authentic to me.
Speaker 3: I'm not sliding on nobody.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing what you know, was normally depicted in rap music on the West Coast. So it's like, what what does my life look like? Let me put that into the music with my personality but still had a West Coast sound, and see how far it goes?
Speaker 2: For sure? You know, do you you get judgment by other Christians? For sure because of the music you're making?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 2: Really for sure because what you're talking.
Speaker 1: About, I mean, I mean, but it don't look like what they're used to, you know. So those who are judging, they're used to one type of ministry, one type of music that associates with God and the gospel.
Speaker 3: And so when they look.
Speaker 2: At me, you come breaking barriers down.
Speaker 1: They see somebody that's just trying to get famous or try to use God to get rich or whatever. But no, like, for one, I was raised in California culture, and two I had an authentic encounter with God and I gave my life to him. So this this is who I am.
Speaker 2: You feel me. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I wasn't raised on classical music. I wasn't raised on like gospel, like hymns. I'm raised on this and so this is my language. All I'm doing is speaking my language with what I learned and bringing it to the mask.
Speaker 2: Have you encountered protesters at your show?
Speaker 1: For sure? For sure? Several times, like like picking signs, megaphones, them quoting my lyrics, like they're like, thank you for the promotion. Do you hear what he's saying? Well, first, I do like this Christ like on the hat and it mats the fit. Can you believe that he's profiting off the name of Jesus. I'm okay, y'all. Y'all need to repent, y'all need to like, y'all need to chill. Some of the fans almost had to square up with one of them in front of the Novo last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's la Yeah again like that, I'm like Jesus man. Yeah that's different, man, Man, We're in the same game, love man. But do you have to resist going out there yourself and talking to them and getting into a heated argument with them? As far as as far as defending.
Speaker 1: Yourself, yes, yes, in person and online.
Speaker 3: But you know what I did.
Speaker 1: I contacted the chief protester, the general of the protesters, and I said, let's have a sit down on zoom.
Speaker 3: I want to hear your perspective.
Speaker 1: I want to hear where you're coming from, and I want you to hear where I'm coming from. I spent three hours with his brother going over scripture, hearing his heard him here on mine, and we pray to end it really well. And then I've seen this whole army of protesters at the next show. I'm okay, like, what is going on here? I thought we spoke exactly. But some people it's gonna take God himself. It's on them. I can't change nobody. All I could do is run my race, and it's going to read who it's supposed to reach.
Speaker 2: Right, And I listen. You go to church, for sure, you pay your tithe right, yeah, yeah, right, you give back for sure, you bring people to where you at. I don't. I don't know if that's being recognized or that's being overlooked.
Speaker 1: Right, very unfortunate it is, But you know what, it's a lot of people who aren't overlooking it. There's a lot of people who are supporting it, a lot of people who are buying tickets to the shows and listening to the music. And so sometimes we tend to amplify, you know, who's not agreeing with it or who's you know, coming against it, because they could be louder sometimes. But I'm learning to, you know, drown out that noise with with the positivity, because there is much more of that than there is of this.
Speaker 2: Did you get shot at I did?
Speaker 1: I got shot at? Leaving church? Yeah? Not out here in Antioch. Yeah, it's at that moment if you're going to Bay, you know about Antioch. I had a car full of young people from the church too, like like like no seat was empty. My girl was in a passenger seat, and then all the kids was in the back. We had to stoplight on Sycamore in front of Easy Stop Liquor. All of a sudden, two people with ski masks on standing on the corner just started firing out the vehicle. Was an ambush and we don't know why. We don't know if it was mistaken identity or a gang initiation. All I know several bullets hit my car and one of them hit my power steering, so I couldn't even turn.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even turn a wheel.
Speaker 1: I had to just like ski scirt through the red lights and this goal like as fast as I could to get away.
Speaker 3: And I'm looking around, Is everybody okay? Is everybody okay?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: All them bullets that hit my car, not one bullet hit anybody in a full car.
Speaker 3: Wow, nobody got hit.
Speaker 2: How many bullets it was?
Speaker 1: It was at least five, at least five of them joints, you know what I'm saying. And you would think, you would think them being that close, they would they would hit somebody.
Speaker 2: In the leg, somebody would get you know, struck in an arm or something.
Speaker 3: But that's why. That's why.
Speaker 1: You know, people could try to get scientifical or whatever. But it's moments like that that could that convinced me that. Can't nobody tell me that God ain't real?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Straight up, I could have been dead, Them kids could have been dead, point blank range, and we're alive, all of us, not even injured. Come on, man, yeah, God, God God's hand on us.
Speaker 2: Come on yeah man.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's why I go so hard for God. You got to straight up yeah, didn't don't know, Man, rescue me from that. M Come on, you know how many people get their car shut up and don't live to tell the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every day, all the time, all the time. That bay l A, I mean especially bay La right, Like Yo, it's vicious out out there and out here as well.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Any crazy yeah yeah crazy, yeah, yeah, ridiculous, especially that particular corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I never went back to that.
Speaker 2: Particular carn I'm driving around it, yeah, I'm driving, you know, away from it.
Speaker 1: Man, Mama.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of trauma too. I mean you saw it. You saw that at you.
Speaker 3: Big trauma, big trauma.
Speaker 2: You know, you have these kids in the car as well. Bro, that's a lot of responsibility, a.
Speaker 1: Lot of responsibility, and you know the kids parents was like, you can't ride with minister Miles, no more.
Speaker 3: You can't. You can't go in that car that Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gave me that that uh that nickname.
Speaker 2: You know. You get rid of that car, uh.
Speaker 1: It got it, got it, got rebound. Yeah. I'm like, look, yeah, y'all want to say, oh good, I got repold, but that was my first and last repo. Yeah that that ain't never gonna happen again. You know, I didn't fight it through. I'm like, you know what, maybe that I shouldn't even have that car that was bringing bad juju. Yeah, let it go, bro, Yeah go glow Fest July twenty six, twenty six.
Speaker 3: The years our fourth year, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, congratulations man, fourth year.
Speaker 3: Fourth year. Man, it's a dream, It's a god dream.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We sold out three years in a row, selling more tickets man, by God's grace every single year, and so going into the fourth or on pace to like do more than we did last year. And really all we're doing is cariter to the craving. We're catering to the craving that we see on the West Coast where it's like people want different alternatives for their events, you know what I'm saying, Like people want to go somewhere whe they don't got to look over their shoulder or worry about somebody being super drunk and hitting on them and slipping something. And they drink, like you get the same level of fun, maybe even more fun, but a different level of safety where you could turn up and experience you know, some holy gooes. Far I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I was DJing in Utah a couple of years ago. No one was drunk, but it was lit. M it was super lit, and I was like, I couldn't imagine a space where nobody was doing anything shasty. Yeah, but everybody's on the same level of like dancing and having fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Sometimes it's like like the sore people had the most fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like all start weekend in the Bay a few months ago was super lit and we got invited to the YG concert and for whatever reason, like me and all my homies like we were sober, was chilling with me and dolls in them and we was the most lit in there. Everybody was just like like in the day, were like crazy. I'm like, don't I don't need much to get going. Sometimes that stuff could like he used to weigh me down a lot, so that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well like you're I think I saw on your YouTube page like you were in a smoke session which eventually led you to God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah what happened there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to be a big pie head, like growing up in the Bay, like that was culture, like three blunts a day, cutting school, the smoke, going to the smoke shop, panhandling, like mister, if I give you five dollars, can you give me a switcher or a blunt? Right, like all of that. And so sixteen years old, in the middle of a smoking session, my friend Dante was like, hey, bro, we should go to church, like with the one in his hand.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: We used to go to church and it was a Wednesday night. If you know about churches, you know they got like Wednesday night services and stuff. And I'm like, bro, right now, like are you what are you talking about? Like you must be like super hot, right, what do you mean. He's like, no, like this exactly. But he's like, no, we can go to the youth group, talk to the girls, get their phone numbers.
Speaker 2: It's down the street.
Speaker 1: The youth group be super litle, all the local high schools, and so they drug me in there with some hand sanitizer and some cologne to get the smell off of me. But you know, when we went in there at though, it's like we went in there for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 3: But it's like it was almost like a setup from.
Speaker 1: God little key because like guid guided, it was like a little bait or whatever. So the youth group was closed at night, so we went into the main service and God wrecked me.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: I feel like I felt the presence of God for the first time.
Speaker 3: The message hit me.
Speaker 1: And it was a packed church, right, like a thousand people in there, and the pastor did an ultra call that's like where you say, whoever we to accept God, come to the front out of everybody in his church. I went to the front, crying, real tears, not even on really why I'm crying, just feeling like this warmth hitting my body.
Speaker 3: I'm like, God, is this you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you real?
Speaker 1: Like what's going on? The pastor pray for me man, And then I literally felt like God took away one high and gave me a new one. And I never forgot that experience. And that was another moment where I said, Okay, I don't know what you're talking about over there on TV or whatever, but hey, I felt God that day and I carried that with me to this day.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: Was that the last day he smoked.
Speaker 1: It took me two years from that moment to stop. Oh good, yeah, yeah, yeah for sure. The earth yeah yeah, it's fine on earth. And yeah it had me, it had me broken, hungry all the time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, look, yeah right, yeah, you feel me, Yeah, I let it go.
Speaker 2: Are there any artists that you would, I don't know, not necessarily jump to work with.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely. And I just worked with two of them, Lacrae and the forty. You know, I jumped toward them immediately because like, those are two of my goats. Like think about Bay Area forty is like the guy. You know what I mean, you know what I'm saying. But what about artists that you wouldn't all this shit? I wouldn't work Oh that's that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: Because of their lyrics or because of the content, you know what I mean? Scott Cardi b.
Speaker 1: Well, if if I get on here and say I can't work with Travis, somebody can say, well, you worked with sb RB, the boy, you worked with Larrussell. You worked with these different people, So what's you know, what's the difference between the lyrical content and so this this is what I think most people, majority of people grew up in the house with a praying grandma, or grew up going to Eastern Service Church on Mother's Day, New Year's Eve, watch night services.
Speaker 3: Everybody got a little bit of God in them. Somewhere somehow, right.
Speaker 1: I believe everybody has a certain type of story to tell where we can relate on that level, you know what I'm saying, regardless of their music catalog, I think we could find a common ground and make a slap for the soul.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: And I just got I made a song with G Eazy two weeks ago and it's it's it's a it's a banger.
Speaker 2: Man letting me go here man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I got you, Man, Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 4: How do you how do you get all these rappers to not cuss? Because, like when I saw it was you Plow and the Boy, I was like, this is gonna be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the boy.
Speaker 4: And then you also got e forty to not cuss.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you got Yellow Hill to not cuss?
Speaker 2: I'm like, bro, how how do you do this? Well?
Speaker 1: They know, they know when they get a song with me, they're stepping into my world, you know what I'm saying, And they legitimately respect it. They respected They listen to the music that they're fans so that they understand like the wave that I'm on, And so I don't I don't even got to say much really, I I never had to tell somebody not to cuss.
Speaker 3: They just know.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, now they respect it, right, yeah, and they know what it is. Yeah. Yeah, but it's a challenge also, I think as well. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I think I think real rappers welcome that challenge.
Speaker 3: I want to see if I could do it. Yeah, I got You, I Got You.
Speaker 1: But now the boy, the boy, he wasn't cussing. But that's like probably the third version of that verse.
Speaker 2: Do it again.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look, I can't say that. I can't you say that. The boy like, we can't talk about stealing somebody girlfriend on his song Wow.
Speaker 3: I Got You, I Got You.
Speaker 1: YEA watched it and this part too, can you just switch that too? But no, he was gracious man, and that's right. Yeah, most people are.
Speaker 2: So it would be hard to do a song with Playboy CARDI.
Speaker 1: Then we yeah, so, I mean, it's it's really interesting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was out rolling out this year. I was blessed to be a part of that joint and so I seen I've seen it set right now. He makes he makes some slabberies, he makes some bangers, right, but a lot of the imagery. I'm not saying I wouldn't make a song with him, But what I would do is like sit down with him, ask some questions, right, like Yo, what does this mean here? Like are you actually a double worshiper? Or is this just like the persona? You know what I'm saying. And if he is about that life, I don't think he'll make a song with me, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But that's not saying that. Yeah, for sure, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't automatically shut that out. Maybe maybe God could use us to be a part of his journey to becoming you know, you know, a different version of himself for sure.
Speaker 2: What job did you get fired from?
Speaker 3: Have you been to the bank before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's a.
Speaker 2: Briefly I went for a day or two, I think.
Speaker 1: A Well, for those who grew up in the Bay, there's a credit union that I'm sure you've drove by and Fairfield, Richmond conquered Travis Credit Union. Travis Credit Union was a job that I took in twenty nineteen and it paid good. It was the best job I ever had at that time. And you know, I had a history of quitting jobs, chasing a rap dream prematurely right, Like, no, I have the faith. I believe I'm gonna be famous. I'm gonna do this for God and it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna work out.
Speaker 1: But it didn't work out because what I was doing, I was rushing God instead of trusting God. Right, That's how I looked at it. But when I took this Travis job, I was like, I pray the prayer honestly, God, bro, I was like, you know what, God, Like, I'm gonna keep this job as long as you want me to keep it. If you want me to be an artist, if you want me to be full time musician, I'm gonna let you do it whenever you want to do it. And then I just kept working. But while I'm working, the music started working. And there was a conflict because I told God I wasn't gonna quit, but it's booming in the music. And so one night me and my wife prayed this prayer with tears in her eyes. We said, we need you to do something because we're at this job. We told you wasn't gonna quit, but it's popping. Please do something to let us know what to do. Next morning, I went to work and they fired me. The next morning, Nah, the next.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man.
Speaker 3: And then immediately my career just you got the answer you were looking for.
Speaker 1: Started making more money doing music than I made at the bank, traveling all over the world.
Speaker 3: I was booked like I was.
Speaker 1: A famous artist while I was still relatively unknown.
Speaker 3: And God, just God did that.
Speaker 1: That's another moment where I'm like, okay, yeah, God, God, God here, God really here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's are moments where you were asking for him and he showed up for sure. You know. And there's a lot of people that pray and feel that their prayers aren't being answered, but they're not necessarily looking at it in the correct way or in another way or outside of the way. They only know how to look at it. Is that Is that correct? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people. You know, my pastor said this yesterday in church. He was like, a lot of you are looking for an answer to your prayer. But sometimes the answer is no, yeah, no for sure, yeah no, no, it's still an answer, right, or maybe he answers you in a different way. You know, a lot of people, God please give me patients, but sometimes God will put you in a situation that requires patients to develop patients within you instead of downloading patients in a moment, he'll he'll have you cultivated through situations. Right, So it's not all cookie cutter answers when it comes to God, for sure, Jack.
Speaker 2: Is it true that you could eat media thoughts for the rest of your life if you wanted to.
Speaker 1: This is y'all. Listen, y'all are so on time? What all it is like? Literally yesterday in Long Beach we pointed out all my old media spots.
Speaker 3: I used to live in a Long Beach. I love some.
Speaker 1: Media, and I was having conversations.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was having a conversation too, because somebody on Instagram was like, oh, I Eatvidia on my cheat day. I'm like, y'all cheat with media. I just eat media, like I just eat that. So yeah, that's drinking. Oh come on, yeah bro listen listen, wife, you be only about that too, Like why are you doing all that? This is my meal? This is this my my go to? That and burritos. But yes, yes, yes, yes I could, Yes I could.
Speaker 2: Yet well soon man out everywhere Miles Minnick and La Crae shout out to La Craig, tell him, he said, was good. Yeah, yeah, we appreciate the time, bro, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Hey check get Rich from The Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to The Cruise Show podcast. Make sure to subscribe and here auto download so you don't miss an episode. So So