Speaker 1: Hi, everyone, Welcome back to between Us Girlies. I'm Bailey, I'm Casey, I'm brand and well we have a new Taylor Swift album. We really do like we have to celebrate that. One hundreds twelve colors. Oh, I'm wearing green.
Speaker 2: First things first, our dear Lindsay has come down with the sickness, so she is not here today, but we will yap in her honor.
Speaker 1: Bailey's too excited about I'm so Starlans.
Speaker 2: We have a lot to discuss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: How does everybody feel about the album?
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with the album.
Speaker 4: I have literally not stopped listening to it for four days now.
Speaker 1: Okay, love, Yeah, I did I like the album? Sorry, I feel like that was coming off really bad. There's are a few songs I really the song Canceled. I don't see that many people online talking about it. It's a car song like I saved my card act for thirty seconds just so I can hear. It's just about boom boom.
Speaker 4: I'm dropping the Easter egg now that there is a line in Canceled that is going to make the most insane Halloween transition for me, and I cannot wait to do it. So when you see this hit your timeline, you are going to lose your minds. It is like it was literally made for me. But anyway, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't I don't know. I think I need to. I mean I listened to it like twice. I can listen to it twice. I mean I feel like I did listen to it twice. I feel like that's also saying something. I feel like every time I listen, I feel like I find maybe another one I like, but I just cancel canceled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. I think it's fun. I caught myself like dancing to a lot of them. I do think that a lot of them like are catchy. I get my head. Yeah, I do like it. I also like, I don't know, I feel like I wasn't expecting that much, Like not to sound bad, but like I feel like everyone is being hard on her because she set like a bar really high. But like because of that, I was just like, yeah, like I don't really like if she doesn't top what she's already done, like that's okay, right.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's also like a little bit to what we talked about in a previous episode, Like so many new Tailor Swift fans have entered the Tailor Swift fandom that I think a little bit of her core tailorness is being lost on them. Like I've heard a lot of things about like the corniness of her lyrics, and like me and all my coworkers are all Swifties, Like they're all very they're heavy Swifties. So we were talking about it forever today and they were just bringing up so many lyrics in previous albums that are cornier than this one. But it's like people have a new lens and focus on her, so they're like really picking apart her lyrics, and it's like if you go back and listen to blank Space, like those lyrics aren't that great.
Speaker 1: Like they're like they're great, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But there's like certain corny things that people are just like, which I just feel like anytime she releases.
Speaker 3: Something, people are gonna like hate on it.
Speaker 2: It's bad.
Speaker 1: Guys. I know the words to like almost.
Speaker 4: Every song, but I have not listened to anything else since Friday. I've listened because the album's like forty five minutes something on literally listened to it start to finish.
Speaker 2: You know, she's going to release a delxe Oh she has well like eight extra songs.
Speaker 1: Not eight extra but it's a separate it's only on iTunes available right now for the next twenty four hours and CDs. But she has like four acoustic versions like mashups of the songs in the album. So that's where she's just like. But then I'm like, I saw that post because she's a supposed like multiple times, I think she's just like, she's like, there's like four separate CDs of this one of these four tracks, but like they're not on Spotify yet, but they're only on iTunes, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, damn iTunes.
Speaker 1: I know she was doing a lot with Apple. Yeah, I did see that, but I think Spotify they don't you get less of a percentage for your like as an artist, you get less percentage for your stream. But I think it's like one cent on a Spotify versus like I think it's like say like five cents on Apple Music. So I don't know. It was so funny. I was showing Jake the Fad of Aphelia.
Speaker 4: Music video last night and he just had the funniest reaction. He watched the music video and so Dead series he goes, that's gonna dominate the airwaves. What he goes, that's like the perfect pop song. He was like, it has every single recipe of like a pop song. That's gonna be famous for the next five years. He was like, Taylor Swift just creates that kind of music. And he was like, as someone who doesn't listen to her or pop music, like that to me is the ideal pop song. And he was just like, that's going to dominate the airwaves, Like yeah, probably. I mean, I think that songs so catchy. I love the dance, I love the music video.
Speaker 2: I love that song. I think it's a really strong opening track.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right, she does have a good opening track. The only thing I mean that's just like whatever, it's a different stype of style of writing she did for this when I'm sure, but I just like love her bridges, like she does have a damn good bridge, Like I just listened to I'm Gonna Get You Back that fucking bridge. But I'm like, all right, maybe it's a different type of style. And I'm also thinking her life is a showgirlcause I'm also on the side of TikTok right now, where it's like bashing her to Pa, It's like, like, I feel like you got on it.
Speaker 2: I like more on like the defense the side of it. But I've seen something.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's like bash bashed, defense dance bash. Like it's just like so saturated, but like it's such a people are just taking their takes and like they're saying whatever. I was just give into that whatever, but I was thinking with it. Yeah, I'm thinking her life of a showgirl because she's also sampling a lot of other songs in it, and I feel like maybe like because you know how her we know how her brain works, Like I feel like she maybe took that and it's like that's also like a little bit of an Easter egg within these songs and me she's like the Jackson five sample on wood something. I don't know, I feel like I heard something else.
Speaker 4: Seems like Poppy Lindsay last night was saying that she's on the bashing side, and we actually went back and forth about a lyric in Eldest Daughter when she's like I'm not a bad bitch and I'm not savage because everyone's saying that's corny, and I think that that's literally the whole point is because she's trying to say that she's not cool and so she's going to say something corny and uncool. And I was like, but that shows like how TikTok can so split it. Like Lindsay's on the bashing side, so she sees how it's like a bad lyric and I'm on the positive side, so I see like the defense of it. And I was like, we need to just send each other tiktoks back and forth to like reset each other's algorithms. Because I love I'm in like deep, like this is Taylor's best album, can't stop dancing to it, love her.
Speaker 3: So it's like I feel like that's feeding into how much I like it.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I will say, I think actually romantic is a little like mean m m uh huh, Like I didn't like love that. Yeah, I just feel like it's a little bit like hypocritical to be like, oh, you spend so much time thinking about me, but like you just wrote a whole song about it. Like I feel like it's a little bit of mismatched energy, like Okay, you don't pay her any mind or whoever. I mean, it's pretty obvious she's talking about Charlie. But what let's say it's somebody else. But if you don't pay her any mind and you don't think about her, then you don't write a song about her. Like kind of just scoff about it, and like I get it, like you're writing about your experience and like maybe you're trying to inspire other people, but like it just felt like a little bit nasty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with that, But me being a tailor defender, apparently this episode I did see a TikTok about how it's supposed to be about multiple people, not just Charlie, Like apparently the funny Valentines is about Kim, so like the whole like like first half, which I agree.
Speaker 1: We talked about this last night. I think.
Speaker 4: Re listening to Sympathy as a Knife, it seems like that song is written from the viewpoint of Charlie speaking Charlie alone, like she's speaking about other people, but in her experience of them, not necessarily them, So it didn't really feel like a disc track.
Speaker 1: So like I.
Speaker 4: Agree that maybe it was a little bit aggressive everything she said, but it does seem like she's writing about two different people and or a combination of a lot of women who have been obsessed with her and obsessed with tearing her down. So I did see that.
Speaker 1: I see that. But then like also like on the flips, like Charlie song that I love that damn song. It's my shower song. It's also she's just like talking about not the comparison, because I mean, the time it came out did make sense why she was writing it, but I think it's also to talk about like just not trying to be like about the lyrics of the song.
Speaker 4: It's like it was like her insecurities being like shown back to her and like her experience with her own insecurities.
Speaker 1: So like and like she as said, don't want to see you backstage on my boyfriend's show, which could be anyone she's talking about, but at the time she was dating Mattie Heally, so it could be about anyone. But it also seems a little not off brand for her. But just like it just oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I thought like there was a lot of things that were off brand, and like I don't necessarily hate that because I kind of love I mean, I love people changing and whatever, and I but this was the album to me where like there was no like questioning about what situations were about. Yeah, Like I think what I heard that canceled is about like almost like staying by people like Blake Lively's side, like through every like through their shit, and like I was like, damn, I.
Speaker 1: Heard about Sophia Turner or Sophie Turner one dated jo Jonas, Yes, thank you, almost aid Nick or Kevin because she went through the whole like she had like a low key cancelation a verbatim reading it TikTok. She had a cancelation because when her and Joe got was it Joe or Nick? Would I say Joe? Yes, Joe? When they got a divorce, like she they have a kid together, she was out partying and like London all this, so they're also like giving her the bad mom edit. But then when you see on the flip side, like I didn't realize, I guess now, like Joe was the one to calling teams like his team is doing all that, So they were saying like it's like one line she said, it's like you've been through before, been with me through my exoneration. Is that the word? Yeah, yeah, just fucking And I guess that kind of flipped where it's like Sophie Turner, like Taylor let her stay at her house for whatever, blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: That's something I noticed a lot with this album is I feel like the first half of every song is from one perspective and then the second half is another, Like father Figure, the whole first part is from the perspective of like the person in power, and then at the end of the song, she switches the power and she's.
Speaker 3: Now the one who's in charge. And I feel like I've noticed that.
Speaker 4: With like a lot of her This album felt like a of the first half was telling one story and then like the energy shifted, which I feel like is representative of like Taylor, like getting her power back, like that all thing. Yeah, I also feel like with Taylor, like all of her albums are so different obviously, like the first few are really similar, but like they all she like dips her toes in a lot of different genres, and I think swifties need to start identifying with different genres versus like I'm an all for one swifty. It's like you can be a folklore swifty and you can be a midnight swifty, and you can be a nineteen eighty nine to fifty and we're all in it together, but we all like different versions of her. Because I feel like so many people are comparing this. It's like I didn't really like Evermore, but I don't think Taylor's a horrible person. Like I don't think she's a bad artist because she made an album that I don't like. It's just not really my style of music versus like this one where I'm like dancing in the shower, Like I feel.
Speaker 1: They're all different vibes, Like, You're right, I feel like I feel like I consider like ever More in folklore, like together, like the like kind of like the Sadder album. And then I mean she has happiness on there. Hello you said, like, I feel like Red is like a good autumn album. Ho again, the album album with whatever Jesus Christ? Well yeah, wow, yeah, do we want to talk about the movie?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys saw Oh my God.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I we went and saw the movie, and I will preface it by saying that we saw it wrong.
Speaker 1: Yes, we one hundred percent saw it wrong.
Speaker 4: We should have seen it Friday night with a big group of people in a crowded theater.
Speaker 1: We saw it just us.
Speaker 4: In a silent theater Sunday, when I personally have already listened to the album twenty times, so it was we did leave. We left halfway through. Oh wow, it was a disappointment, but I I think regardless, it was a little bit of a disappointment. But I do think had we seen it in a different context, we maybe wouldn't have left. We would have left and been like, Okay, that wasn't really a must watch. But given how we saw it, we did leave halfway through.
Speaker 2: I think it would have been cooler. But I get why she didn't do this because she probably would have really gotten the capitalist allegations if she had said, the album is coming out Friday, but if you want to hear it first, you can come to the movie Thursday. But like that probably would have caused another shutdown with like AMC theaters and just been like a whole disaster, because if you had never heard the album, you would have probably enjoyed it more because she quite literally just goes through every song, plays them in full with a lyric video over it, and in the beginning she shows the music video for Ophelia, and then there's a lot of like behind the scenes footage. I think she could have made just like twelve different lyric videos on like a rap genius or whatever you.
Speaker 4: Like, her make her own YouTube account and done on YouTube, and.
Speaker 2: Then people could have just watched every single one if you wanted to, or like the ones that you were curious about.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, that's the My only thing that is she did do that. Like she uploaded like last night. I think it was like seven o'clock, maybe at like eight o'clock, like all everything that was in the movies is on YouTube now.
Speaker 4: Because it was done showing yesterday at seven yeah, oh fuck, I think it was yesterday.
Speaker 3: It only aired Friday, Saturday Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then like I saw like it was like earlier to night, and I was like, oh, she already put this. I knew she was going to mm hmm. But like the lyric videos and before that, she also had like I think, you guys just like the canvas like you know on Spotify, like the canvas, like she has that already on the YouTube. That's where I just think like if it was I think like advertising. You know how Beyonce has her like renaissance and those are only in theaters, like no one can find those like anywhere on the internet, but yeah, I think yeah, for probably the I know there's listening parties, but I think that's a little that's where I'm just like, it's a little not capitalist from like it is if you're putting everything that's everything. It's the music video and lyric videos. But like you said, if you already listened.
Speaker 4: To it with you can write, like that would have been so much cooler if I didn't already know all the lyrics and I was like learning them and seeing them for the first time and hearing her talk about them. But like I'd already seen half those clips on TikTok and I already saw like and I knew.
Speaker 3: The song, so it was just like not the most beneficial. But I feel like.
Speaker 4: It annoys me when she does stuff like that, because I'm like, you're just giving people more, Like people already talk so much shit on you, and like whatever, who cares She's living in her billion dollar house, what does she give a fuck? But like people already talk so much shit on her. It's like, don't give them any other reason to call you, like all of these horrible things that they're saying for no reason, Like, don't.
Speaker 1: Actually give them a reason. Yeah, not my favorite.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: Oh well, hopefully that documentary still coming soon. Like give me, like, if you're gonna keep giving us stuff, just give me what I want. I think.
Speaker 2: Another criticism and then we can wrap this up is just I don't really get the life of the show Girl theme, Like I really just don't. I think it was a great theme for the Ophelia music video, but I don't really like understand and the album I thought was gonna have like show tune vibes and more of that. And I'm not saying that I wanted to like that. That's not yeah, but like I was open to it like fitting an error like midnights to me, like feels like midnight like folklore, feels like you're in a folk tale. Like she's usually really good at that. Yeah, I don't like see that for this. I think it was more of like a story almost like maybe she she's talking about different elements of like the Showgirl biz like, but it seemed like a little bit of a stretch.
Speaker 1: Ag. Yeah, I think the here I think I was thinking that's like she had that concept, like it's a great creative concept for like a shoot or like the music video and I think the concept of itself like the show Girl, like the shoot she did. I love all of that, but it just doesn't I think she just shows like that, like look what I did, but then like the album just doesn't.
Speaker 4: It feels more like a title of the movie versus like the album. This album, to me, like just feels so lovey, like even in the songs that aren't about love, she kind of weaves in like her relationship and her like I don't know, I feel like there's a tide to Travis in every single song, like and it just like, I don't know, I feel like it should have been something more about being like loverish versus like the Life of show Girl, which I don't really like. I did see when she originally announced it that everyone was saying she did it so she could be rank higher than the Life of Pablo from Kanye. So I don't know if that's like her soul reason, but I did hear that that's why she wanted to name it the Life of a show Girl.
Speaker 1: I did see that too.
Speaker 2: Smart damn get his ass. That's crazy, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If there's one thing you need to learn from tylor Swift is like we just need to be more like petty with people who fuck us over, like the way she's like, Oh, you fucked me over in ninth grade. I'm gonna remember that. I'm gonna put an easter egg about you in my song twenty years later, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's insane, that's crazy. If that's true, Yeah, makes sense to me.
Speaker 1: Anything else going on I did.
Speaker 4: I did go to my first ever event alone last week, and that was crazy going to like an event. First off, going to an event where you were having an active anxiety.
Speaker 3: Attack is crazy work, Like I.
Speaker 2: Bring your bills with you. No, wow, so you white knuckled it.
Speaker 4: I really truly was pushing myself. I recently did something like out of my comfort zone. I was like challenging myself and I felt really good about it. And I was like, I haven't done that in a while. Like I've been like existing in spaces that I feel very like comfortable in, and I like did something I spent a day alone and I was like, oh, that's like fun and it made me feel good. So I was really inspired to go to this event and walking in I was first off, I circled the block twice because I walked past it and there was no one in the event, so I was like, of course, I have to go take another lap around the block.
Speaker 3: Finally made my way in and I.
Speaker 4: Just went straight to the bathroom because I feel like I just needed to get through the door and then from there I could like figure out how I wanted to do the rest of the night. But as soon as I got in, I panicked, So I went straight to the bathroom and I was having panic attack in the bathroom, and then I started having a panic attack about how long I was in the bathroom because it was just like one singular bathroom in the restaurant. So I was sitting in there freaking out about how I was so afraid to go out there. And then I was like, but now I'm in here for so long, now it seems weird, Like what if someone's waiting outside of the door. This is weirder that I've been in here for so long. So the fear of somebody waiting outside of the door forced me to like just go. I was like, I have to just get out of here, because if somebody's waiting and I've just been in here for five minutes, like that's so that's even more embarrassing than being alone, and so I like went and I actually ended and ended up running into someone I know, which did help. But like it's so it made me feel so privileged because we get to go to so many events together and like even if it's not the four of us, it's at least two of us, or like, especially in Philly. I've definitely gone to events alone in Philly, but we know a lot of other creators in this city, and we also know what to expect at events. So going to an event that I had no idea what I was walking too, I had no idea that the company that put it together or the event that it was promoting, I was like, Oh, this is what other people feel like when they come to influence their events. Like it like made me feel like I want to be more welcoming to other people when they when I see someone walk into an event alone, Because like some girl came up to me who was just like a stranger and started talking to me, and I was like, in my head, I was like, that.
Speaker 2: Was so nice.
Speaker 3: She has no idea how nervous I just was, and she just came over.
Speaker 4: And she's like, I love your outfit, My name's blank, Like, you look really cute. I was like, oh my god, did I just make a friend?
Speaker 1: Like so I was being a girl.
Speaker 4: It's so easy to make a friend. Oh my god, your hair is so cute? Did you get it done to? Like did you crawl your hair?
Speaker 1: What do you use?
Speaker 4: I love the color? Like you could just say so many things. So I was so proud of myself. I couldn't believe that I actually did it. I don't know how many more of those I'll love to go to. But it was very fun.
Speaker 2: Inspiring me.
Speaker 4: It was for a summer house. Well it was not for summerhouse. I keep calling in a summerhouse event. But it was at Carl radkey 's new bar. And I feel like we've talked.
Speaker 3: About how the three of us like summerhouse on here before.
Speaker 4: So when I got that invite, I just was like, damn, I kind of just have to go see it because so many people I've been talking about it.
Speaker 1: But it's so cute.
Speaker 4: I feel like we need to go and spend a day hour alcohol there none no alcohol. They do breakfast and coffee in the morning, and then I turns into like a social bar at night. But it's like really cool. It's in like a cool area, like a cool spot in Brooklyn, So.
Speaker 1: I think we need to go. Wow, maybe he'll be there.
Speaker 2: How'd you get there?
Speaker 3: I took the train. I've been taking the Hamilton Parkins.
Speaker 4: You like just drive. It's thirty two dollars to get there and back from New York. It's so cheap. Yeah, And it was like, yeah, it was one time I loved so nice. I just sat on the train on the way back. I was crashing out because I got Chick fil A really really like the event. I ended up luckily, I ended up staying longer than I thought I was. I genuinely thought I was going to go for five minutes and leave. I ended up saying for like forty, so I was really hungry. I picked up Chick fil A, and then I saw that the train was boarding, so I was sprinting to make it to the train because I didn't want to have to wait.
Speaker 1: Another thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: And I was so frazzled, and I like walked up and there was no seats anywhere. So I walked through like three trains to find a seat, and I finally found one, and I just had to like quietly eat my Chick fil a like, and I didn't want to put my bag on the ground because I'm like gross about drums. So I had all my bags on my lap and I was just trying to eat like my fries and dip my chicken.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this is so embarrassing. And then some girl damned me and said, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I saw you on the train.
Speaker 3: I was too scared to say hi, together girl.
Speaker 4: I was sweating, freaking out trying to film myself because I was making a vlog.
Speaker 3: I was like, I probably looked a hot ass mess.
Speaker 2: Damn that sounds good.
Speaker 1: I know it sounds It was incredible. It's funny when you said about like anxiety while like you were like, oh, like I'm wonder if someone's coming into the bathroom or not bad like people waiting for me. I am pee anxiety in public and that's sometimes if if I really have to pee, and like it's like I know it's all coming out. Like for instance, it happened weird to Loom. We were about to get on the boat and I knew everyone was waiting, but like, its just I could not pee for life. And I'm like Bailey, so many people are waiting for you right now, Like I always say that I had, like so many people are waiting on you, waiting on you right now, get out and pee, like I just have to like convince myself like people are waiting on me. But then for some reason, I can't pee. If it's a stall and like I'm the first doll and people are right there, I can't. I mean, I don't care if I waiting, I'll just I'll see you for the next thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's been so many times where you're like in the bathroom and then we go out and you're like, I didn't even pee, and I'm like you just said how bad you have to pee?
Speaker 1: Like I know I couldn't. I know my brain like it's so bad my body. I'm like my brain will just be like no, if you're not peeing, like you can't, damn, I know, it's really fucked. I mean, luckily I could be that. I always like say when I meet someone, it doesn't really happen actually, or if I'm just lying at lying I'm trying to think, or like I guess it's a friend, like we're friends with when we start becoming friends with someone, yes, like more friendly with him, and they're with me peeing. I'm like wow, I'm like I can pee around you and they're like what. I'm like, I'm peeing in front of you, Like this is a big deal right now, excuse me when I'm black.
Speaker 4: Though, I can't pay in front of Jake, like sometimes when he's showering and I have to pee, like and if I'm upstairs, I don't feel like going downstairs, so we like just come in and like I can't pee with him in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: It freaks me out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, he'll hear it, like you can't hear me pee, or.
Speaker 1: Like you just never know if we're gonna fart for you, pea. There's also there's a lot to consider that, there's a lot so bad on the line. You're on the line.
Speaker 2: I know. I've been seeing these tiktoks about like morning poops and like they really do hit.
Speaker 1: Nights, they hit beautifully, Like, oh.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that was a TikTok. I saw this girl whose TikTok was. She was like, I love seeing all these people's morning routine. She actually said farted. She was like, I woke up this morning and I farted really loud, and that was like her whole video, and I was just like thank god, dude, Like thank god. Are all AnyWho? We haven't done a pyramid ranking in a while, and we'll get to it, but we wanted to have a conversation today about group chats and their dynamics. And I feel like this has been so interesting because my relationship with group chats has changed so much, like as I've gotten older, like i feel like I'm not in as many and the ones that I'm in aren't as active. But like during my early twenties in college, like group chats were genuinely like my everything. Like the group chat like was was the place to be.
Speaker 1: It was like your social experience.
Speaker 4: Like whatever group chat you were in and whatever one was most active was like how you.
Speaker 1: Were feeling or what you were doing for that day. Yeah, well you said as like a general noun, like, oh, do you see the group chat? Do you write in the group chat?
Speaker 2: Like I got an iPhone originally in high school because I've heard about the group chat feature. I was like, I need to have that in high school.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I was like, I need to have like a group conversation like that, that's insane that like you could.
Speaker 1: Do that on I message. Oh my god, that was.
Speaker 2: Like an iOS update like probably like back in.
Speaker 1: The right like now featuring group chats. You're so right, we didn't have kids don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, kids really don't know that you used to not be able to have a group chat.
Speaker 1: No, actually side talk. I just saw TikTok recently. It was like, kids don't know what it was like text on ten nine and like when or it's the etiquette of texting and like we used to say like brb or like got to go, like you would say like or like can't text right now? Like we would tell each other like got to go, Like no, just like dropping off the face of the earth, like damn, yeah, we got no group chats.
Speaker 2: And then I feel like just the waves like really like escalated when they started to release, like emphasizing messages and laughing at messages and like that just took everything to another level. It's like being the group chat like comedian, like making everybody laugh, Like that is such an honor when you get that, because there.
Speaker 4: Was like nothing worse than working in college and like if you were busy and you look at your phone and there's sixty three text messages because everyone in the group chat is not working and they're all actively talking, and you're like in the fucking weeds at work. You're miserable, you're hungover, it's busy, you're hot, you want to go home, and it's just blowing up and you're like, fuck, I have to read through all of these messages. I have to go back and figure out the context of everything.
Speaker 1: Like that was the worst when we had a huge, massive group chat.
Speaker 4: But now I feel like with like emphasizing and laughing, you can kind of like they're almost like spark notes, like you can read through the most important parts of the message and sort of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, move on. I also like the newer feature where it's like because once you said that I thought about something, when we'd have to like scroll through and see what everyone's talking about, when you can reply to because now, like I feel like back in the like when we'd have sixty some messages, like I feel like we just get so fucked up, But it'd be nice when like i'd have that downtime, like okay, like let me read the story. Now.
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever been in a group chat fight, like fighting with either the whole chat or fighting with someone but like in public and the chat.
Speaker 4: I feel like in college, we definitely had a few experiences where like I can't remember them specifically, but I feel like I remember the like idea of like two people kind of fighting in the group chat and then all of a sudden they stop answering and then you like later talk to them and they're like, oh, well, I texted her outside of the group chat, like yeah, you can like see that the fight went offline. That's sort of like I feel like the most I've ever like fought in a group chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've definitely like fought in group chats before, like and I feel like it's like always like been at my probably like bitchiest times where I was like, you know what, I'm so pissed off, like I'm going to say this in the group chat, so like okay, especially if you like know that like everyone else is low key feeling the same, like you take on the role of like being like fine if no one else said, I will like and that's always like a sticky point I will say for me because then like I would do it and I would get pissed off when no one else would say anything, I'd be like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: And then you're texting everyone outside of the group chat and you're like, you just told me you're mad at her for that the other day. Why aren't you not saying anything? And they're like, oh, well, I just wanted, you know, I wanted her to reply, and you're like, no, you're fake, like you said you were mad at her for that.
Speaker 2: And that awful like low point where you have to text someone outside like can you emphasize the message? Can you like my message?
Speaker 4: Or like the worst when it's like pre planned, like two people are texting as a group. It's like, hey, I'm going to send this in the group chat. Can you reply really quick? And like you have to like set it up.
Speaker 2: I've done that before.
Speaker 1: I did for your engagement. I was like, all right, I about to say this in the group check you guys, Yeah, you guys, just like fucking say something else.
Speaker 4: And then it's like the worst when you have two really similar group chats but there's one person missing from like the one that's a crucial person, and so like you're in one group chat and then you're kind of talking shit and maybe a smaller group chat, and then you start to get the anxiety of like, oh my god, what group chat am I sending this in? Like I don't think I've ever accidentally sent a message in the wrong group chat. I definitely sent a wrong message to someone individually, but I feel like when it comes to group chats, I'm really careful about it, only.
Speaker 1: Because I know when it's times where we've had two separate group chats going on, and in one group chat whatever, like we're just talking about that group chat. It's like, we need to figure this out. But I actually just like yesterday or day before, I was on Instagram and I shouldn't we have our group chat labeled? I just was not paying attention and I just saw like Brandon Lindsay and like two I think it was I could have sworn and said one other and I just sent someone's story to that random ass group chat and I was like, oh shit, my fault.
Speaker 4: So and there was someone who had no idea the context of the story you said, and I was I'm like.
Speaker 1: Why is she dming me? I was so confusing, Like fuck, But yeah, I feel like that happens, or like when I feel like getting back to the comedian of the group chat. That is one just because I will say some group chats I have that role. But I feel like that's when I have to Like if I'm looking actively on the group chat, that's when feel I can really engage. But sometimes I hate it if I missed the joke and it's really active by like three texts, Like if I'm in there and it's taken me too long to find that reaction to me, I'm like, fuck it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like I feel like I'm I never used to be like this, but I feel.
Speaker 3: Like now I'm a multiple text texture.
Speaker 4: Like I send multiple texts even though I'm only speaking in one part, because it's just like how my brain works. So sometimes I text something in the group chat and then people respond before I've sent the next thing. So like, if I have something really important, I'll like type it all out first and then like copy and paste it, like if I want to send.
Speaker 3: It separately, which is just like so ocd me.
Speaker 4: But I'm like, I can't let anyone type before I send this next part because it'll change the context of everything.
Speaker 2: I just said. Yeah, have you ever left a group chat?
Speaker 1: No, I haven't. I just put group, do not disturb. Sorry, cats homes not a surprise. I sometimes it's just too much, too much. I've definitely been in the group chat when someone's left and then someone's like, ooh, that was awkward. It's like, yeah, no, I think I've been taking out as a joke. I'm like, this isn't funny, Like I don't think that's a funny joke, because then you have to ask something you had me back like that's I think that's really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: No, damn, what was I gonna say? Oh? So yeah, I feel like in high school, I had this giant group chat and we if anyone from my my friend the group from high school is for some reasons listening to this, they're gonna laugh. We had a group chat. It was our senior week house and then into college we used it and like it honestly was amazing, like having this group chat. It was called the situation. Oh, and we all wrote in that so much and it was so helpful, like because we were all at different schools, like all at different like size schools, different things, and we'd be like, oh my gosh, like this is happening to me right now, Like oh my God, guys, I'm rushing the sorority and like look what they made me do, and like it was so like supportive, but then it would get nasty sometimes because you could like see like people like also competing and be like, well, I'm doing this at my school and like this is happening at my school. But then the I feel like ever so in that fable happens where there becomes a chat within the chat, So then four of us had a chat outside of it called the Mini Liddy since the big chat was.
Speaker 4: Called I like from that's give me flashbacks of you talking about like that.
Speaker 2: Group chat where we would text outside and be like it sounds so like pissing all off today, or like I want to hang out with just you guys tonight and like not the big group, and that's where shit gets like petty. But like also I feel like everyone like there's if you're in a big friend group where you have a lot of friends, there's probably like a big group chat, and then there's like a subcategory of like the smaller chat within the chat.
Speaker 1: You're right, I like in college, like I was recently going through my messages because I was like leaving them. I still have every single group chat on my phone.
Speaker 2: That's insane. This is what we had, like four, I was like looking at one of our own career.
Speaker 3: Before someone hacks your eye clouds.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, here's a right. No, I was like being the one that we had. Like also, like the group chat names, that's what they brings back. So I'm like, oh my Jesus, like this is popping up on my phone. I mean Biden's Barby's was iconic. I'm not gonna lie. Yeah, yeah, but like you're right, I should. Was that the girlies group chat before it was the girlies.
Speaker 2: Oh that's our like snapchat, that's crazy girlsap girls was like my favorite name.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 4: I remember in college was Philly Queen's the biggest one we had or no, what was the biggest Yeah, something like that, like Queen's or something. I remember in college we had this massive group chat that was like ten girls deep. We've talked about our big friend group in college before, and I remember like there would be a moment where it was like, oh, like is she finally being added to the group chat, and like we would like add people and that was like a big moment when we would add someone to the group chat.
Speaker 1: I remember what I could add. I know where I was at. That's why I on my phone. I was queen. That was crazy.
Speaker 3: Because that group chat in college was like the huge deal.
Speaker 4: Like that's where all the drama went down, all the plane happened, and it was like a big deal. And then like like you just said, slowly, it was like, oh, the four of us are in one, and then the three of us and then we like had we had so many different groups at one point that it was like.
Speaker 1: Bring break that broke up that Queen's that.
Speaker 2: We had the yep, that's whereas came in.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, we did have a massive Yeah was it spring break?
Speaker 2: That ended it pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, people loft the group chat like that was a big.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a big That was a turning point.
Speaker 1: Well, I want to get back to what you're saying about emphasizing messages. I don't know if that's going to get into the pyramid, but I will say, as a person that like has gone out of group chats, I still pay attention. I'm still in them. That's not me saying take me out, but emphasizing has given me such an out for some things. But it's also like I just want to be like, I agree, but I also hate when it first came out when perst that one person emphasizes everything in a chat and you're just getting multiple notifications that they're not responding. Yeah, no, I did that earlier to you guys, but do not mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the notifications are a little crazy. Yeah, I wonder if you can turn that off because like even earlier, like I was like, I walked back to my phone and I was like sixteen text messages, like literally just went to the bathroom and it was like half people just like emphasizing or liking something. I was like, oh, like that's.
Speaker 1: That counts as a message.
Speaker 2: Yeah yea, So I was like, there probably is a future where you can turn that off. Not sure.
Speaker 4: I love that you can react with emojis now too, because sometimes like the emphasis or the heart just don't do it for me, Like I just can't. They don't tell the story that I need them to tell, and I feel like I can tell it better with an emoji.
Speaker 2: Right right, I agree with that. Well, let's rank yeah, okay on the bottom for me, and I just made a TikTok about this is. I hate when someone makes a big group chat for one single event. I will take accountability that I did do this for New Year's Eve last year, But besides that, I I don't think i've ever, like in my recent years, have done that where it's like, say someone's having a birthday party and they just make a giant group chat with like twenty people. You don't have anybody's numbers, and like one like the first day that it's made, it's like popping off, and then it's just now. See.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that.
Speaker 4: Really, I feel like I only like it if I'm a key member of the of the group, like if I know the majority of the people totally get it. If it's like I'm kind of the outsider and I don't have anyone's number saved, and I don't even know who's making the jokes. But for me, it's like when you are when you have most of the numbers saved and you're about to like go on a trip or like go to a party or go to an event, and everyone can start texting in it, and then at the event you're texting in it, and then the next morning you're texting in it.
Speaker 1: It sort of feels like a little summer house.
Speaker 4: For a second, you're like, oh, this is so fun, Like we're all kind of in this together. But for me, the bottom of the group of the pyramid would be group chats that I don't have anyone's number saved because it's just like I don't know who's talking about what. I don't know who's like that. So it's like a double edged sword because I like it and then.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I hate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I see it for a night out, like we don't need a big group chat, but also but also makes sense though it makes sense what people in groups I so you don't have to send the same message fourteen different times, like five times whatever. Ugh, it's a double edged sword. I'm like, I'm with you on that one group chat.
Speaker 4: It's not a specific group chat, but it's like a group chat etiquette that bothers me that I am guilty of, so I can take accountability. But it's like when somebody asks a question, or when you ask a question and no one answers it and then somebody says something else without ever referring to what you asked before, Like at least I'll try to be like, Lol, that was so funny. Ohso guys who wants to come over and watch a movie tonight, Like I'll try to like slightly answer it, but sometimes it's like you saw my message not say anything, and you're just gonna start a whole new topic and not talk about what I just said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say that has been Another least favorite is like a group chat where just no one answers and I feel like I've been on the side of it where I write stuff and nobody answers them, Like.
Speaker 1: I know you say that, but I swear, I swear I think is I agree? Well I can't. I mean, I guess I'm the person who doesn't answer. But then I'm like casey wrom like I say the one thing. I'm like, oh, these bitches don't fuck with me, but they I'm like okay, Like I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: But you're right the amount of times, Bailey, that you have gone on your finsteman like no one's answering me in the group chat today, so fuck all of y'all. No one likes me, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, bitch you just five minutes ago. It's like like or like you know that meme where it's like the woman on the train and she's like like herself always when I say something, you're telling all right, I do find but no, I get that. Are we still in the bottom of the pyramid? Yeah, okay, ok M maybe Casey can you go? I had it. I don't know. If I want to see overactive.
Speaker 2: Group chats, I would say, yeah, is on.
Speaker 4: A bottom, Like it could be like a it could be one of those flexible ones.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's on the bottom. Sometimes it's middle.
Speaker 2: It's constantly overactive. That's annoying. If there's like one day where it's like popping off, like sometimes that's really funny, but otherwise, yeah, not my favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: I think the drama group chat, like where there's people like fighting in it is on the middle for me because sometimes if you're not involved, it's very entertaining and like crazy. But other times, when you are involved or you're not enjoying the drama as much, it can be bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like that happens too when you're planning something and everyone's sort of going back and then you like can tell maybe like two people want to do something and two people want to do something else, and they're like and you're just like watching it all happen and you're like, damn, they're fighting in the group chat, like I don't really care where this goes either way, but they're like going back and forth with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I feel like mine too. Again, I feel like mine are like etiquettes.
Speaker 4: Like I kind of when two people are fighting in a group chat and at some point they don't just text separately, it's kind of like, all right, now you're like crowding up my inbox for no reason.
Speaker 1: Like if you two or if like two.
Speaker 4: People are very active messaging each other and no one else is answering, just take it intoto a separate chat Like that happened the other day. I was texting the group chat and me lindsay, we're going back and forth about a topic, and I just text her outside of it. I was like, these they don't care about what we're talking about, Like let me go deeper into what I have to say, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just gonna say that. Like when two people are like active, it's like okay, Like if I know I'm not, like, don't I don't want to clog up these people in box about something they don't care about. Yeah, I agree on that. I it's the middle. I kind of like, well, I don't know. I like family group chats, like I think those are fun.
Speaker 2: I don't have any, but I'm sure they're not.
Speaker 1: They can be. But then like I'm like, all right, y'all are because I have my family group like my mom, like my uncles, like they're older, so I like the jokes get like just so old. I'm like, all right, taking me off of this, like like y'all can have a separate one, like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm guilty of in my family group chat, like sometimes I just use it as my own journal, like when anybody else does anything, I don't answer.
Speaker 1: But then it's like when I have.
Speaker 4: Something to say, everyone needs to text me back immediately and you will all be responding to it. But like, I'm not going to respond to everything you guys say. They're gonna be so mad at me for that because they call me out for it all the time. But sorry, Oh, I would be so hurt if I found out that my sister and my parents had a group like an active group chat without it, I would actually be really offended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say on my middle is the big friend group chat, Like I like it. I think it's great for making plans. I think it's great to like be all together. I just feel like it's usually kind of surface level, like about just hey, does anyone want to do this? Like it doesn't really ever get like too personal. So it's a mid tier for me. I enjoy it. It's not my favorite.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I agree.
Speaker 2: I would say my favorite is the chat within the chat always and not even and now it's not in like a petty or spiteful way, like really it's genuinely just like this is the chat that I'm gonna write to like my closest friends about like my closest issues, and that's it, Like I want support and that's like I don't want to have fun in this chat. And like also like I don't know, I just feel like it's more personal and that's what I like about it.
Speaker 4: That's what I was gonna say, Like I like the chat that, like the close friends chat, that I can say something insanely rude to you guys, like talking shit, I can say something really meaningful, like hey, I'm going through something. I can just be like, oh my god, I just saw this person. Like you can say anything to this group chat and it's gonna go well, Like you don't have to be like, oh.
Speaker 3: Should I not say that in this one? Like you can say whatever you need to.
Speaker 1: I agree, your true authentic self, like if like like you have to act professional, like I just like I don't say certain things in certain groups, like I don't send everybody reaction gift right, like like not everyone's gonna laugh at them, like especially like some of the reactions I send. But I'm like, I know you guys, like I appreciate that you guys get my humor. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I also love I don't know if we ever talked about on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I love that we have two separate group chats for like friendship in the podcast, because it is really nice to be able to like send a text in the podcast group chat that's like business business E. And then if like we have like there have been times where we're texting in both, like we're saying something like business C in the.
Speaker 3: Podcast group chat and then like talking.
Speaker 4: Friendship and just our friend group chat, And I'm like that does help my brain.
Speaker 1: I will say the day we decide to do that, like it like it really changed our lives. Like I do love it. I thought it's gonna be like annoying, like damn, I have two group chats with the same people. But I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cause I know if I need to find something for the podcast, I'm not scrolling through screenshots memes, like I know that I'm going into the business group chat and I'm only going to find useful information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're so right, fair enough, I think we covered it.
Speaker 1: We did. I love a groupup chat. I'll take you.
Speaker 4: I'm really curious for people to comment there, like on YouTube, like comment your group chat experiences, like do gen z have different group chats than we do?
Speaker 3: Like do they have different group chat etiquettes?
Speaker 2: So comment your best group chat name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, I don't want to steal it.
Speaker 2: I want to steal it too. I feel like FYP we kind of covered since I'm sure your alls is all tailor swift.
Speaker 1: Literally, I might like reset it. I can't really, It's like it's so negative and like I just like can't. I can't scroll, like impletally cannot scroll on my phone.
Speaker 2: Maybe search for a positive video and then it will I find that is what Really? If you search something that, at least for my FYP brings everything.
Speaker 1: Truly it usually does. Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: Like that really changes my entire FYP. If I like search like Nino dub brav right now, I would be on Nino dub breath Talk.
Speaker 4: I have a burner TikTok that I just Yeah, it's so embarrassing because I accidentally shared it with all my contacts and I'm like, damn, everybody probably thinks I'm like trying to use this to face.
Speaker 2: I didn't get the note.
Speaker 4: It's called hot Dog COTTI everyone can. It's fine, It's hot Dog Cotty thirteen. And this is the burner account that I use to search anything that I don't want on my own FYP. So like if I'm interested in a topic, whether it's like for work, or like if I'm interested in something that I just don't feel like making it my main FYP, I search it on this burner account and it's so nice and I can especially curate it to certain topics, so like right now, it's really curated to like social media marketing. So like when I need inspo for work, I just go on my burner FIP and all the info ie is there, and then I have my own personal that's like funny time. It's a really nice hack. So if you ever want to search something, make a burner knows. Yeah, you don't need a burner to talk.
Speaker 1: I'm already on reels half today brand. How are you about reels? Do you scroll reels?
Speaker 2: No? Never, you're a poster or not a we will create or not a scroller. Now I don't ever use I really probably should look more on there.
Speaker 1: It's all I feel like.
Speaker 4: Reels to me is the most marketing of any social media app. Like every video to me is like the top five reasons I stopped doing pilates, the top five reasons I started doing pilates, the top things, Like it's just like those kind of videos at least that's my reels page I'm on like.
Speaker 1: Like I get the weirdest like how is this legal on Instagram type of thing. Yeah, so like I can't talk about on here, Like it's just like I'm on such a random side of reels where like I can't I need get off m it's on a reset.
Speaker 2: I do have an unslicited wreck and this is not an ad, but I didn't add for this. If you need a good show to watch, especially if you live in Philly watch Task on HBO. It's like true crime, but like also like just really like I feel like it's like a story about like hope and stuff too. And it's like if you ever watch Mayor of East Town, it's the same creator and it's very similar vibes. And that's like one of my favorite mini series ever.
Speaker 1: Wait really mm hm oh it was filmed and eerie.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I love that show, Okay, but yeah, this show is very similar and it's really good. It is kind of heavy, so like I would recommend like maybe watching like one episode at a time, but like it if you're looking for a good time to start. Like last night's episode was crazy. Weekly episodes, Yeah, weekly episodes. Every Sunday you met, Yeah, and I met I met the stars Mark and tom So.
Speaker 1: I screamed bloody murder, Like we have to watch Marvel movies. Now you understand that, right, fucking hell? Like that's so crazy.
Speaker 4: I forgot he was in those I like only know him from thirteen going on thirty. I mean, I know he's been up in other things, but that's like, yeah, that's the role that sticks out to me, not.
Speaker 1: Just the whole Avengers. I'll go through his whole discography, Like, you guys, we have to have a full three days of this.
Speaker 2: He's really sweet and he loves Philly.
Speaker 1: Did they film it? Did they come from?
Speaker 2: He connected here? A lot of it was filmed in Delco, which is like where the show takes place in Delco. And it's just like you'll just like anyone who lives in Philly will just enjoy it because all they talk about is like locations, but they're like cops and FBI, so they're like, oh, he was spot in Ridley or oh he's in Chester County. It's like oh, it was like it's like funny, Okay, yeah, yeah, it's really.
Speaker 1: Good, amazing. I need a new show. ABD Elementary just came back on too. I need to watch that too. Philly's crushing it. We are well except for the Eagles and on that. Keep everything between us.
Speaker 2: Girlies, keep it in the group chat. I'm going to delete someone, please, bye bye