Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You could put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis gooldra dot com. Excited to have a guest in the studio today, Troy Hadrick from Hadrick Ranch that's located near Fulton, South Dakota, and Troy, You've been a rancher your entire life. Your whole family has been doing this for quite a while, haven't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my family, the Hadrick family, moved up into that area in nineteen ten, So we've been around the Falnketon area for quite a while now and several generations. So I'm actually fifth generation in my family to ranch in the US and raising the sixth generation now. And so yeah, I've been around cows my entire life, and yeah, I just can't imagine doing anything else really.
Speaker 1: And as a rancher, it's awesome to have the cows, but those cows eventually become beef and that's kind of the main point of being a rancher, really, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only way you stay in the ranch in business is somebody he's eating some beef somewhere in the world. So we uh yeah, And a few years ago, you know, we kind of started looking at things a little differently, just you know, as COVID make everybody kind of re evaluate a lot of things. And and at the time, we used to ship a lot of cattle south down into Kansas to finish them, and and you know, kind of doing a pretty traditional marketing system into some of the bigger packing plants and stuff, and and that really gave us an opportunity to start looking at, you know, is there a way to do this differently? I mean we we you know, we have you know, almost more cattle in the in South Dakota than any other state or something like fifth in the nation, you know, and I think we have four or five cows for every person that lives in our state. And so it's like, why are we sending all these cattle out of state when we got people here that we could feed. And and we were very fortunate then to kind of tie up with Vanguard Hospitality here in Six Falls, and uh, you know, a restaurants were going through a lot during COVID as well, and and it was real fun. We started looking at each other and said, well, geez, what would it take for, you know, for us to get beef into your restaurants and and let's see if we keep our food system more local and maybe avoid some of the problems that we were seeing during COVID and so and from there it's really grown. And so we're really excited that we have we have five restaurants and who falls that serve our beef and now we're trying to make it even more available to people to buy directly from us.
Speaker 1: And these are five premier restaurants, some of the best in talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're pretty excited. I mean, Mary's Steakhouse, Grill twenty six, Minerva's Paramount Bar, and JJ's Wine Cocktail Bar. You know, those are all great places to eat, and they got fantastic chefs and so it's really fun to work with that much talent in their kitchens.
Speaker 1: And these restaurants are known for having amazing food. And to know that some of the beef anyway is coming from Hadrick Ranch, that is a huge compliment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is. I mean we've you know, several years ago. I even go back to when I was in college. That was I was been around cows on my life, but I didn't understand, you know, as much about the other side. How do we turn cattle into beef and how do we feed people with it? And I learned a lot about that then, and I was really interested in continuing to the quality of the beef we're raising, and so that's been a huge point of emphasis for us and over the years, and we've got the data the shows, you know that we've done a really good job of that. We've been we've received some national awards from Certified Angus BEE for the quality of our beef and and that was all great. And now we've been able to like, hey, you know what, let's try and keep this a little more local on some of this. And so we'll work with some local processors up in the north central part of the state, northeast part of the state, and so we feed them all here, we process them all here, and then we hope people in our area will think of us when they want to eat some high quality beef.
Speaker 1: And one of the reasons we're visiting with Troy today at Hedrick Ranch. Usually when you're talking to somebody like that, you're asking for a half a beef for you know, a quarter of beef, and then you got to have a freezer to put all this stuff. The good news is between now and Christmas they have some really cool Christmas bundles where it's a lot smaller set up. You don't need to have like a huge freezer. If people would like to take advantage of that, is it best if they just like go directly to your website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you can go to Hadrick Ranch dot com and if you click on shop there you'll see all the things we have available. So we really try to have something for everybody. We have bundle sizes that start at eight pounds and go all the way up to five hundred pounds. Nice and so there are a variety of things you get, some steaks and roasts. You can just have ground beef if you want, but we have those available there. We offer free shipping across the US if you want to pick it up at the ranch, we'll give you a discount for coming and showing us your smiling face and we shake your hand and we'll put the beef in your car for you nice, or if we can find a ride for it, you know, typical South Dakota. You know, if we're somebody in our ears headed to Suit Falls or Rapid City or whatever and we can find a ride for it, we'll try and save you a few bucks that way too. But yeah, we have it all there on Hadric ranch dot Com. You can kind of read about our story. You can see who we are and what we're about, and you can contact us there and we'd love to visit with folks.
Speaker 1: I love the story. And again, the family's been doing this for a long time since nineteen ten. And back in nineteen ten, they weren't selling beef on the internet. The internet didn't even exist yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there wasn't much it existed in nineteen ten up in Fall County. And so yeah, things have changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, things have changed. Has come a long way. And again, if people are interested in this, again, easy to just go right to the website.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just had your cranch dot com. You'll find us on there and you can read all about our bundles. You can order directly online there. We try and make it as easy as possible. And again, if you ain't got any questions, some people aren't used to buying beef in bulk like this, you know, and they're trying to figure out, you know, is this going to fit in my freezer? You know, how much is this? You know? Sometimes you know, twenty or fifty pounds and he sounds like a lot, and then you kind of put it there and it's like, well, stuff's pretty heavy. So yeah, maybe it looks different than what you thought in your mind. So we just always encourage people to ask us the questions. We'll help walk you through what it looks like and how it's all going to fit in your freezer, and explain some of the cuts. Some of the cuts that we offer. Maybe you haven't heard of those before. You know. We try and do some really unique things and offer some ideas on how to grill them or cook them for Christmas or whatever it is, and all of those things kind of come together and we just we like really good beef at our house and we just want to share this with other folks.
Speaker 1: Again, if you would like to learn more, go directly to their website that's Hadricranch dot com. Again, they're based near Fulketon, South Dakota. Online at Hadrickranch dot com and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com