Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to the nonprofits. So here's the latest absurdity.
Speaker 2: The World Start Federation has decided that darts, the game where your biggest physical exertion is lifting a pint between throws, is apparently under threat if trans women are allowed to compete. Yes, darts, not wrestling, not powerlifting, but darts. Dutch player Noel Lynn van Luvin, one of the sports rising stars, just got banned from Woman's Firmness because the WDF voted to restrict them to people's assign female at birth. Translation, they rather exclude talent than admit their rule is rooted in bias, not biology.
Speaker 1: But here's the part I love.
Speaker 2: Noah Lynn is in quitting. She's still playing in the open events and with Professional Darts Corporation, which shocker seems to understand inclusivity doesn't ruin a sport. She's basically saying you can take the board or the darts out of my hands, and that that's bulls eye energy. This story is from LGBT New Nation by John Russell on July thirteenth, twenty twenty five. Okay, dope, smokey, So okay, I'm a little I'm just going to say this real quick. I didn't know darts was a major concern of athletic ability that we would need trans women couldn't play with a fab people. But apparently I didn't know there. Apparently you can find bigger tree everywhere. So here we are. So my question to you, you last start with you? So you know how you know sports? You know sports stuff. I don't do the sports ball, but they usually pride themselves of fairness and inclusivity.
Speaker 1: But what does fairness really mean?
Speaker 2: And again my darts, which realizes on the skill and precision rather than physical strength, Like, what's the difference?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't really know, not being you know, a biologist of any sort. But since I'm not an expert, I'm speculating. And having said that, I feel licensed to speculate wildly. I somebody who has actually experienced the phenomenon might tell me that I'm wrong, and I would be I would gladly hear that. But I think that, like transphobia really just comes down to sexism, right. It's it's this idea that in this particular example, so with the darts, there was a competitor of Noahllen that refused to play against her because I am assuming in that other player's view, Noah Lynn is a man pretending to be a woman and feels that it is unfair for her, the other competitor, to play against Noahllen because she thinks that Nolan has some distinct advantage against her because she's because in her view, not in my own, Noelan is not a woman. I don't holp that people, just to clarify that one more time, I think that there is such deeply ingrained misogyny in the society that, like I over this past week and I encountered a woman that like told me out of her mouth that she feels like men know more some things better than her just by virtue of being men, and feels like men should be the authority. And the three you know cis white men in the car with her. We all disagreed with her on that, and like after, like why do you think that? And I thought it was kind of an ironic thing. But it's so ingrained that there are even women that believe this, and and I think that's kind of what's happening here is like whoever, like this other competitor was or these other you know, competitors in this Federation, feel not only feel as if trans women aren't women, which is false, feel as if men have a distinct advantage against them. You know, I'll say males have a distinct advantage against them in something as simple as darts, when to my knowledge, there's no like data to really suggest that. So that that's what I think is happening.
Speaker 4: I would I would add to that, but I would add to that that that women often have been they've been beaten down for so many thousands of years that it almost comes, uh, becomes that a thing that they kind of just use in the fast thinking mode instead of the deep thinking mode. So it's like it's an automatic thing that comes out of their mouth, even though they don't believe it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: So it's just how do you how do you exist safely in a world dominated by men? You give them what they want, and you keep what you're really thinking to yourself. There's no reason for for that girl who quit the game. In darts, there are some minor differences in how a woman would play and a man would play, but there's no real difference in skill. You know, anybody who practices enough can hit the bull's eye. You know, some people it takes it a week. Some people it takes a year, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also too, I want to point out that if she's on HRT, her biology is different than sismile that's not on any sort of hormones, so her biology has already changed anyway. So just so it just boils down to basically genitals at this point, and that we don't know anything about that either. So I'm sorry, this just reads of sexism and and it's so. And it's much easier to have that sexism go toward trans women than a fab woman because we've are there. They're like, well, we can't really piss their bigger they're bigger group than us, so.
Speaker 1: It'll be very much frowned upon.
Speaker 2: Plus like there's other people working in the organization. There are probably you know, sis women, so you know, I can't do that, but that that over there, I'm going to protect women's sports.
Speaker 1: That's bad. They're bad. So it's all arbitrary crap. That's usually how big a tree goes anyways.
Speaker 2: So John based so based on what we just discussed, it sue. In situations where science is cided but no new evidence is presented, how should we evaluate whether a policy is based on data or on fear and cultural bias.
Speaker 4: Well, that's actually fairly easy in this case because since there is no data, the lack of data means that you do not discriminate until there is data that shows there's an overwhelming need to balance the playing field. There's there's so little difference between how the two genders play a sport like darts that a good a good player, regardless of what gender they are, can win against anybody else who isn't as good as they are. It doesn't have anything to do with what gender they are. So you know that maybe if they were they lengthened the field to the point where they had to toss it like a baseball, then it would be a distance thing where they had to have strong enough upper body strength to hurl it that far. But for the in reality, if they're only doing you know, five or ten paces, I mean, there's no real difference. And so what this really is is just sheer discrimination. There's a sheer because their members are from I don't know, I forget how many countries. There's quite a few countries that voted on this, and a lot of those countries are simply just homophobic and transphobic period. Their cultures are that way, and they say, well, they shouldn't be doing that, you know, even though it's just not a thing. You know, it's sort of like sailing. You know, women can crew on a sailboat, any any size sailboat, you know, and they can they can they can race against the whole all male crew and win, you know, at the skill level is basically seamanship.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, you know, why do we do this at all? Why are we picking on somebody just and there's like one person in all of darts who's trans, so they're they're doing this, or maybe two or three, but they're you know, the percentage of trans people in any sport is so minute that if they if they actually win a tournament, they're gonna everybody's going to point to the fact they're trans. Whereas if a woman who's jacked on testosterone because she wants to win the game has fifty times a testosterone, or the trans person who's trying to reduce their testosterone and she she wins a game, they don't say anything that what what's that's because it's just.
Speaker 2: Like I want to point out there might be trans woman in darts, But you don't know.
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: You meet people of different genders, and you just don't have different sexes that I'm present as a different gender. You don't know because we're not looking out of generals. We look at how they present. So I'm just saying you probably need a transferson didn't know it, just saying so anyway, I just feel like I think I'm just getting a little like I don't think about darts.
Speaker 1: I don't really think about sports.
Speaker 2: I don't really think about it until I have to and tell something like this. It's like, oh yeah, big a tree, and it just it just seems so absurd. I'm like, it's like any sport, but really it starts and you know, I don't understand. And I'm sure there's a lot of training there, because like I'm not the best at darts.
Speaker 1: I kind of suck at it.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure there's a lot of vision and focus and there has to be consistency and tons and tons of practice, and there's probably you know, they have coaches and all the things, and I get that, and that's what you want to do for a career. I think that's great, But then you get you know, weirdos who are like, no, I am sorry, there is a trap quote unquote you know around and that makes me nervous. And also I can't have a woman and any sort of capacity being better than me because of my fragile mail ego.
Speaker 1: That's all I hear.
Speaker 2: So I'm sorry, not sorry, so.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: And that being said, in the broader social context of all this and the attitudes, what do you what should like sports organizations do, because obviously they were going to they were okay with this two years ago, and then they voted again.
Speaker 1: They were like, no, sorry, we don't.
Speaker 2: Like trans people anymore, but you can compete and all the other stuff. But I mean, like, I'm glad that she's going on to work with another organization. I think that's great, But it's just so dumb.
Speaker 4: I don't like you because you wear brown shoes. Damn it. It's like, okay, what it was like.
Speaker 3: And it says too and I mentioned this a little bit beforehand, the that like, so the policy is like strictly about like exclusion, right, is an exclusionary policy. It says, let's take you know, trans women away from CIS women, but and and put them in this own little group that we are called open. Right, you can still play, but you can't play as women. We will let you play, but we're not going to recognize you as women. It's basically what they're saying. And then they go on to it says leader in the article that like, oh, there's currently speaking with lawyers to you know, figure out how to implement this in a way that includes everybody. Like, motherfucker, you can't like you by implementing this, you're excluding people, Like that's the case. We like we've already said no, yeah, you can't exclude people, and then be like, how do you people inclusively? Yeah, exactly, and like putting into.
Speaker 4: A growth with everybody is not is not. It's still reminding me of Brown versus the Board of Education. Separate but equal, separate exactly.
Speaker 3: That's it's it's it's just another repeat of that. You can't implement exclusion in in an inclusive way. Uh, hand eye coordination is handled in like what the prefrontal cortex, which there maybe are there some differences between you know, Uh, I don't think sales. Yeah, I mean that's about like uh, neurodivergence. Neurodivergent people can have different handy coordination, you know, propriateceptions. So like there's there. If you want to segregate darts based on something, do it based on prefrontal cortex activity.
Speaker 1: Right if you want.
Speaker 2: You can't do that because gender something something.
Speaker 3: Something something, gibus something something something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's that's really a shame, you know that this that and this person gets to suffer for it. But she's she's a trooper and she's gonna do what she can and uh and fight for it. And I'm proud of her for that. I think that, uh, you know, not quitting is kind of a poke in the eye to these bigots who who just try and you know, control everything that we do and who we are. You can't control who we are. We are who we are period. You know, get over it. You know, I'm queer. I'm here, I'm staying. Get over it, you know, move on.
Speaker 2: You know, it's thank you for thank you for you've for the queer people, John, I feel see anyway, I am gonna so I wanted to read what Cynthia, who is supposed to be here today.
Speaker 1: I'm using her notes. Thank you, Cynthia.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to read what Cynthia wrote and I wanted to get you guys's reaction to this.
Speaker 1: So this is keptical humanist point of view. The world starts federation.
Speaker 2: The ban on transgransder woman and women's tournaments isn't grounded in news science, is grounded in fear. By their own emission, no significant evidence shows trans women have an advantage in darts. Instead, this decision mirrors the rising tide of anti trans sentiment we see in many areas of society. From a humanist perspective, the issue isn't just about darts. It's about dignity, inclusion, and recognizing the humanity of other parers like Noah Lynn Van Luvin. Rules that single out trans athletes under the guise of fairness reveal less about farness itself and more about prejudice disguise as policy. Humanism reminds us that we should build communities, including sports that foster participate, participation, joy and in respect for all people. No one's that vow to fear and exclusion. So I would like to get your reaction to that.
Speaker 4: John, I agree with her analysis pretty much completely. She she did mention, you know about how how these things come about a little bit, and that they really need to be uh confronted as they happen, you know, so you know, uh I this one was was bad for me obviously for various reasons. But I have a lot of friends who are trans and this just really torques my chain quite a bit. And after reading this article, I wrote the offending agency and gave them what for and uh asked them about uh why they are protesting that they need to be equitable and then throwing fairness and equitability right in the trash basically, so it kind of activated my activist gene. I think the links to this are down in the uh down in the lit down down by the comments, but just before the comments, you know, hitting more on the little thought who you'll see the articles, uh the article we do this for and just look up this this rather naughty organization who the year before had no problem with it until it became a problem in some of their member countries, and until this other player forfeited a match you know, and that I guess was their their final. Uh. Well, we got to do something because we can't have everybody forfeiting matches because this person's transgender. Uh, everybody is not one person first and secondly, it's setting a bad precedent for everybody else. So if you want to be discriminatory and you want to be bigoted, you know, if you're setting a setting a standard for the entire organization and the entire sport, then probably you need to be shouted down. So that's pretty much that what I wanted to say at this point.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I think you know you mentioned it earlier. I guess I did at the beginning too. You know, it's it's just transphobia, and transphobia is just misogyny, and misogyny is just sexism, and sexism is just ignorance. So it's just ignorance, you know, when you go down to it. And I I I think I agree with John that that what Cynthia said was very apt and describing it. But I, you know, I'm not experiencing the phenomenon. I I can't really say, you know, I can't say what it's like, I can't say how it feels. I can't I can't do anything but listen, and then you know, ask how I can help. So I don't know how that might be, but I would like I would like to know, and I, you know, I have your back.
Speaker 2: And then and sometimes that's all you need, and then if someone does can point you in.
Speaker 1: The right direction to help, you should help.
Speaker 2: So, as mister Rogers says when he was alive, always look for the people that help.
Speaker 4: So