Speaker 1: Everybody, Welcome to the JB and Sandy Show. Find us on Instagram at JB Sandy atx same thing on TikTok. My name is Sandy. This is JBS here as well.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: The way we go, everyone talking about all the flooding and stuff that has happened, that happened over the Fourth of July weekend, and Pete Terry's just jumping in and doing something really cool that's going to help out a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They are an amazing company and they've been around, you know, they just had their twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 3: Why has it been Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first one at Barton Springs and lamar I interviewed both Patrick and Kathy Terry a few years ago. Nicest people, you know. They now have thirty six locations and.
Speaker 3: One of them just went twenty four hours too.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're they're they're getting up in Whataburger's chili a little bit, but really really cool people. And they already do this twice a year and they are in the early day. They even did it for our bikes for kids. Were they one hundred percent of the profits for the whole day. But now thirty six locations. Wow, yeah, my gosh, So you said that's the proceeds of profits. Okay, all right, one hundred percent of profits from all thirty six locations and that's going to go to disaster relief from everything that's going on. So, uh, thank them, we love them. Yeah, what an Austin institution already. I'm sorry, Jimmy, did you say what day they're doing that this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is Thursday, Thursday, so tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go to lunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all day, So put it on your schedule. Go go go do that. That's easy to do, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tricia French Fry Queen pe terri'es ah.
Speaker 5: I like their French fries for sure, it thumbs up absolutely, and their burgers are delicious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a huge man of pe Terry.
Speaker 1: I think Tricia should do an Instagram or YouTube channel where she just rates French fries. But you on need one French fry and you have to kind of like the one like Dave Portnoy's one bite yeah pizza review. You just one eat one French fry and then you have to rate it and say if it's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean? Who is who are the best fries.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean we're talking waffle fry, we talking steak fry.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I get there's a lot of categories. It's not as simple as we have thirty minutes to go get your favorite fries. Ever, where would you go commercial wise? I'm going to go Chick fil a waffle fry. Okay, second is going to be McDonald's. But the thing with McDonald's is you have to eat them immediately, like in the first forty five seconds you have them, because then when they cool off, they're like eating grease sticks. My best out of nowhere, this is the best French fry I've ever eaten. Sandy is that little restaurant that we went to, uh with an Indian restaurant, Mediterranean restaurant.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they had the best crinkle fries.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they put on them, but they were the best French fries I've ever eaten.
Speaker 2: I can't think of the name of it. The name of the restaurant's called Levont Levant Yeah, and it's yeah.
Speaker 1: If I'm in if I'm in the doghouse, JB. I just go up there and get an order of fries and bring them home.
Speaker 2: And are you a cheese.
Speaker 5: I'm a cheese tat girl, not a cheese for Sonic Sonic cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh with the cherry limaide.
Speaker 3: It's so helpful.
Speaker 2: Oh god, now my mouth is watering, it's starving now.
Speaker 3: But pee Terry's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Go in there, grab a burger, grab some fries, and one hundred percent of the profits are going to disaster relief, which is a huge thing for them to do. That's cool. I love local business when they step up and do stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's a lot of them doing it.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, excuse me, sorry, Hot Dotty Burger Bar is doing that today as well. They have thirty plus locations bodies between now and July the thirteenth is doing it.
Speaker 2: Thirty plus hop dotties now, yeah, thirty plus hop dotties of the pro they're in like Dallas, in Houston now or something. Okay, that's today.
Speaker 5: But Matti's is donating two dollars for every Mexican Martini purchased at all six of their locations now through July thirteenth.
Speaker 2: I could raise a lot of my We could help like that a lot, right.
Speaker 3: Which one was better?
Speaker 1: Maddy's or Trudi's Mexican Martini back in the day.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's tough one.
Speaker 5: Ooh, I think I have to say Matti's because I went to Matti's more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a tricky. It's tricky because Truda's was.
Speaker 4: More of an eighties or early nineties thing where they would put more triple sac and sweetener in it, and that's kind of gone out of fashion a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd have to go with the Mattis.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite thing about Truda's was the smoking box.
Speaker 4: Remember oh the one south Yeah, not the one by the campus one is. Yeah, it was great, but there was the one in Brody Oaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was just they did the smoking ban. They put a glass wall like a monkey cage around the bar.
Speaker 3: And you would go in there.
Speaker 2: To go to the bar, and everyone was smoking.
Speaker 4: You've seen a smoking room at some airport discussed that's basically what the bar was.
Speaker 2: What were they thinking?
Speaker 1: And they're like animals in a zoo smoking smoking your cigarettes sit on a tire swing man.
Speaker 3: The smoking ban is.
Speaker 1: I was not a fan of it when they first passed it in Austin, but I am so glad that they did. I mean, don't you remember coming home and your clothes just wreaking of cigarettes and you didn't smoke a cigarette?
Speaker 2: Right, I had.
Speaker 4: I would deal with it waiting tables, although I would pick the smoking section because all smokers have cocktails or wine and dessert.
Speaker 2: Your tickets would all go way up smart because of the smokers.
Speaker 4: They just indulge in everything. So I'd get there early and nab the smoking section. But didn't they stay at your table longer?
Speaker 3: Too?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I worked at a high end steak place where you only turn the tables like once.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, all right, yeah, smokers or drinkers and dessert eaters. Yes, I don't care about nothing, right.
Speaker 4: We get bonus on higher ticket averages and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So did you upsell a lot?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh I couldn't get the dessert trade out. Hey.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, Tricia has the story We Love What do you have for us?
Speaker 5: All Right, it's the end of an era, something we no longer have to do while traveling, And all I can say is, thank you Lord for this. It's probably the worst part of traveling. We don't have to do it anymore, all right, stay with us.
Speaker 1: The story we love coming up on Austin's eighty station one O three point one. It's the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station what O three point one. Hey, if you want to win a thousand dollars, be at nine o'clock. That's your first chance today. It's coming up at nine on Austin's Abes station one O three point one. Tristan says, great night news for air travelers. Something you don't have to do at the airport anymore. We'll get into that in just a second. But boy, it sure seems like way mos and driverless cars are taken over.
Speaker 3: And JB, you really had an experience, didn't you.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was just a surreal moment, you know what I mean, what happened. I So, I live in Travis Heights with South Congress area, and I'm heading back into my neighborhood, and you know, a lot of people park back in the neighborhood, and so there's a lot of car weaving to do to get in and out.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: TH's first few blocks off Congress, and I'm I'm driving, and I've got a big old dumb truck and uh, and I'm driving home and literally the cars coming at me on a you know, on a street running east way US. Here comes a weimo, here comes another weimo. These are driverless cars. The next car behind that was a robo taxi, all with no driver but people in it. And the next car behind that was one of the new toyotas that they're testing. There was four cars in a row driverless, and I'm was like, oh, my gosh.
Speaker 5: This is a ride right, yeah, live it in the future, guys, my gosh.
Speaker 4: It's I know, It's just it was just very bizarre and it's funny. I've been observing a lot of these driverless cars. What's I think is good is they're they're much more efficient drivers, Like like they.
Speaker 2: Go when the light changes, they're not staring at their phone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I've just noticed it just seems, you know, if we get enough of these, I wonder if it'll alleviate traffic some because they're just paying attention. They're more efficient. Yeah, I don't know, I just noticed, and they just to be better drivers at.
Speaker 3: The average, you know what, You're right.
Speaker 1: And next week I'm going to Nebraska I spend some time with my parents, and while i'm there, I'm renting a Tesla that has self driving to it, and.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna show it to my dad.
Speaker 1: Because my dad's eighty five years old, his vision's not as great as it used to be. He probably shouldn't be driving. But if he got into that and you let the autopilot do everything, I mean that that's a game changer for him. So my point is, I'm gonna get one, rent it, get him in the car, show him what it can do, and see if he would want to lease one.
Speaker 4: And yeah, even if even if they're driving, just a lot of the safety features right that will prevent an accident would be helpful.
Speaker 3: Right now, Look, I tell you a funny story.
Speaker 1: So when Jimmy and I met on Saturday morning and had coffee at Joe's Coffee on South Congress, and I'm driving home and I'm going north on Congress and I'm gonna go left on a sixth Street so i can get on the mopack and I'm sitting at the light Congress and I look over and there's a Weimo sitting there at the light. And then there's a guy, a grown man, crossing the street right at sixth in Congress. And when he gets in front of the Weymo. He gave him the friendly wave like thank you. You just a car like, dude, there's no one in the car to think thought it was really really I mean, I appreciate the gesture and being polite, but okay, what do you want the guy the wimo.
Speaker 3: To do way back at you? Yes, this isn't her be the left.
Speaker 2: How can the wink at you?
Speaker 3: The stories fly from the Lesserhold Studio. Here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 2: You guys, it's happening.
Speaker 5: It's been twenty years in the making, but word has it that the TSA is now allowing all passengers to keep their shoes on while passing through security checkpoints at airport.
Speaker 3: Is this wide airport the airport.
Speaker 2: Well right now.
Speaker 5: What they're saying is that it's rolling out to all of the airports, because it supposedly took effect on Monday, but there was still a few passengers who said they still were required to take their shoes off at some airports.
Speaker 2: So maybe it's a slow rollout, but apparently it.
Speaker 5: Is a thing that is happening, and they're saying it's because they've come come up with new technology to help you better screen to the point where we don't have to take off our shoes to check our shoes. Just things have progressed to where the screening is better so we don't have to worry about taking off our shoes.
Speaker 4: Wow, you know the thing that the cylinder thing that you know, you put your hands over your head and it depends around real quick. Do you like really pride yourself on mimicking that shape perfectly?
Speaker 2: My feet are exactly in the spot.
Speaker 7: I look exactly like jail this Like I'm just like, oh yeah, I'm like I think I'm going.
Speaker 4: To impress the TSA person going wow, that was really good.
Speaker 2: But they're going to go, thank you sir.
Speaker 3: Here's my ay.
Speaker 2: It's the least I can do.
Speaker 1: My hope with the shoes, not having to take your shoes off is that will cut down on people traveling wearing flip flops. You know what, because people wore flip flops, so they just kick them off right when they go through.
Speaker 2: TSO and then you got to sit by their exactly, and.
Speaker 1: Then they kick them off when they're on the airplane and they cross their legs and they put them up on the seat in front of you.
Speaker 2: I never travel in flip flops. That's just great.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: I I travel in flip flops, but I have nice, manicured toes. I don't think it's real kind of gross. I think precious. I think people I don't enjoy looking at them. I don't even like flying in shorts.
Speaker 2: You to touch the seat. It's just, you know, you know, just you don't need men's hairy legs out on a plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I've said this a million times. Guys, stop wearing tank tops on airport.
Speaker 5: Stop bring tank tops period, Please definitely on airplane.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to see the hair under your arm when you're putting your luggage in the overhead bend.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to see that.
Speaker 5: It's disgusting little chunks ofant.
Speaker 2: Thanks for adding that.
Speaker 1: Hey, in today's world, I'm grateful the man's wearing deodorant, because there seems to be more and more stink in Austin, less and less people applying any form of.
Speaker 5: Deodorant, one of the hottest cities on the planet where deodorant is needed the most, and people are like nah.
Speaker 1: I was at AGB last week. I was I'm walking through and all of a sudden, the stench of somebody hit me, and.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think about it, but I blurt out, oh, stinkoh like a child, and I was like, oh crap, it was just a reaction to it. And my daughter's like, oh, dad, I'm dud. That's what I said, ooh stinko, Like I'm six, right, grown man, grown man in the grocery store, going oustinco Yah.
Speaker 5: I hope that all of these airports actually roll it out, because I will tell you this, I never feel more stupid than when I go from fly out of one airport land at another airport and they're completely different rules. Shoes off at this one, shoes not off at this one, take your laptop out at this one, not at this one.
Speaker 2: And then it looks like I've just hatched.
Speaker 5: And I've never flown or been in an airport ever before. And the TSA agents are so, you know, yelling at you what you're supposed to be doing. I'd sneak for it all to be uniform.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing about the TSA, I feel bad they have to say the same things over yeah, over and over.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: Oh, I understand their frustration. I get out, but I'm like, I've done this before. It's just different everywhere you go.
Speaker 4: I mean from my recollection, the whole shoe thing we did because of one incident.
Speaker 2: One guy, one guy.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's been any other attempts since then that I know of, not that me either.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's because we were taking our shoes off. I don't know, but I'm glad we don't have to anymore. It used to be essay we are just everyone should show up at the airport naked, right, get a jumpsuit from the TSA, and then just everyone travel that way.
Speaker 3: And speed things up a lot.
Speaker 1: So that is the story we love still to come on the show today, we're going to talk to Stephen Presley from at thunder Pop TV and what Steve Seem's going to be talking about how Hollywood is helping out with the flood relief. Also, a possible sequel for F one is already being discussed. He's got the details coming up. If you'd like to make a donation to help out the victims of the flooding in the Hill Country, go to Community Foundation dot net. More coming up on Boston's eighty station one O three point one streaming on the iHeartRadio app Hey, it's JV and Sandy for our friends at Kowala Cooling, Scott and State. See the same great folks behind kangaroof are the folks who bring you Koala Cooling and Plumbing. Do you ever hear the same JB the dog days of summer? Do you know what it actually means? It means you can't go outside. You want to stay in your air condition home. I interpret that true, but it actually has history with astrology, the ancient Greeks and the dog Star constellation. Hey, that's great, great to know. But right here on planet Texas, I just know it's hot right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We hit triple digits in May, and I know we have hit triple digits in September. That's a long stretch. You want to get your home checked out and koualified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want your AC breaking down on the hottest days of the year. So go ahead and get the team from Koala Cooling to come out and take a look. Like JB said, get your AC kualified. Call them today at five one, two, seven, five nine eighty eight hundred.
Speaker 8: This is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're history fans.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio brings you a brand new history podcast.
Speaker 2: It's called American History Hotline, where you.
Speaker 3: Ask the question what is political technology?
Speaker 9: Did George Washington really cut down at churche JK.
Speaker 2: And Marilyn Monroe having an affair? And American History Hotline gets to the bottom of it.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you asked me this pleasure.
Speaker 5: This is such a ridiculous story that we tell ourselves because we don't want to know.
Speaker 2: The real story.
Speaker 4: Open your free iHeartRadio app, search American History Hotline and listen.
Speaker 10: Now Austin's eighties station one oh three point one. Here's what's coming up on the JB and Sandy Show on one o three point one.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to tell you what's coming up in just a second. But I do want to tell everybody that if you want to make a donation to help the victims of the flash flooding in the Hill Country, you can do that at community Foundation dot net. All right, that is community Foundation dot net. Stephen Presley from at thunder Pop TV joins us. Next, it's gonna tell us about a sequel that's in the works of a movie that's still in the movie theaters. Also, Superman is out this weekend. Steven will tell us what he knows about that. Coming up on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one.
Speaker 11: He comes.
Speaker 9: Pine on my head like a memory, lie on my head. I can do compus. I want to look, I want to talk.
Speaker 2: I love us, dude, want to dive into.
Speaker 5: Is in.
Speaker 11: Love the lovers?
Speaker 2: Talk to me.
Speaker 11: Loves.
Speaker 9: He comes ray Game, raining in my head like a tragic day and cheering me upon like a new and mosh.
Speaker 6: I want to reason me open with I want to.
Speaker 11: Kiss my lovers, Dude.
Speaker 12: I want to.
Speaker 6: Dive into your ocean, he.
Speaker 9: Said, reading stooping Talk to me.
Speaker 11: My loves s.
Speaker 13: Slag lovest persist slag Loves eight days of Slag Lovers to.
Speaker 10: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one o three point one, streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: Our friend Stephen Presley from app thunder Pop TV joins us. He's hurting us on a Wednesday, and we're going to be off on Friday. Check him out on Instagram at thunder Pop TV also on YouTube with the same handle. Let's start out talking about what everyone's talking about, and that is the flooding that has been all over Central Texas. And you say that some Hollywood people are stepping up and helping out.
Speaker 14: Yeah, people like Matthew McConaughey, Eva Longoria who's a Texan, and Shakira, who had a concert this past week in San Antonio and all the proceeds are most of the proceeds from her show in San Antonio, she donated to the flood relief.
Speaker 3: That's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be.
Speaker 4: Surprised if we see Taylor Sheridan step up and do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I bet you're right.
Speaker 4: He's just synonymous with the state right now in Hollywood world.
Speaker 3: Jamie, do you think Shakira remembers us from when we met her? Like twenty you.
Speaker 4: Know how many people she met. It's so so and so so in the morning.
Speaker 2: Like it's just all a blur.
Speaker 1: I'm right, she was like twenty years old and shy, it would be, and had these enormous Colombian bodyguards that were with her, and we're.
Speaker 3: Like, we're not gonna We're not gonna hurt her. I promise you we're not gonna hurt her, hurt me. She's kind of new in America anyway, and she was very cool, very nice. Somewhere I've still got the picture of you and I with her, Jmi somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think, I yeah, that's somewhere around there. She was just adorable. Yeah, she was cool.
Speaker 1: But so that's good to see that some well known people are stepping up and helping out. You can help out by making a donation at community foundation dot net. That's the best way to do it. Community foundation dot net. But Jamie, back to your point, I think you're right, Taylor Sheridan. I'm sure we'll do something. You know Texas is he's a Texan and doesn't matter if you're from Weatherford or wherever, still help out when Texans have problems.
Speaker 2: And he has all the money, all the money. Did you hear about George Rates donation.
Speaker 5: He donated three and a half million dollars to relief efforts, and then right after that it was announced that the Cowboys donated five hundred thousand dollars. People went off on the amount that the Cowboys donated versus what they were able to donate, But I think that's a point that's not fair.
Speaker 4: They could have just not donated at all. You're talking about half a million dollars. Yeah, okay, correct.
Speaker 1: I saw something funny on Instagram. You mentioned George Straight, a very young George Straight on roller skates.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think about George Straight as movie.
Speaker 5: He's normally just standing in front of a microphone, so on roller.
Speaker 4: Skates that'd be a bit I thought those boots were his real feet.
Speaker 14: The floods hit really close to home for him too, because he has ranch or house not very far from one of the worst that flooding was. He had that resort out there for a while too. I think he may have sold it with the golf of course, you talk about the hill country or in San Antonio, in the hill country near Bernie Is where he has his resort, or he used to have the resort and he lived out there for a while.
Speaker 1: Miam My cousin lives in the same not the same neighborhood, but they played golf at the same golf course and says he sees him all the time.
Speaker 3: George apparently likes to play a lot of golf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk a little bit about F one. I just read that it's done three hundred million dollars globally. It's the biggest, biggest and most successful Apple production yet. And now there's rumors of a sequel and a partnership.
Speaker 3: Tell us about it.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and so here's a really interesting story. Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt were offered Ford Versus Ferrari a few years ago. H Tom Cruise turns it down because they've been trying to get Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt back together for a while for some kind of team up movie ever since years ago they did an interview with the Vampire. They are friends, but yeah, they tried to get them for Ford Versus Ferrari. Tom Cruise is the one that can't or turned it down because he said there was not enough driving in the movie. He needed he needed more time behind the wheel, fast car stuff. So because he backed out, Brad Pitt also was out, and then they ended up going with Christian Bale and Matt Damon took their place.
Speaker 1: Wait, I mean Kristen Bale was in and then was out and Matt Damon did it well.
Speaker 4: Tom when Talkers was in it and Matt Damon played Carol Shelby, Right, Yeah, have you seen F one yet? No, I haven't, And that's right out of my alley, Like, that's something I'd like to see at the theater.
Speaker 2: I just I like to let things die.
Speaker 4: Down a little, Yeah, and then find that one, that one sofa two seater in the very back of the album.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can see after Tom Cruise doing the Days of Thunder where he did all that driving, and having seen both of those movies for Versus Variety, I can totally see why he would say there's not enough driving in that movie.
Speaker 2: He would have loved F one because that's all it is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm sure he had a little bit of fomo when he watched F one. He went, he went to the premiere and actually, you know, I joined a Brad Pitt on the red carpet for a little bit. So yeah, I'm sure he had a little bit of fomo. He's been planning a Days of Thunder sequel, and now there's talk of a F one sequel, and there's also people talking about the possibility of a team up. Could there be an F one Days of Thunder crossover movie? That would be cool, that'd.
Speaker 1: Be interesting because we're talking about two different forms of racing.
Speaker 2: And two different audience fan basis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's why they want the NASCAR crowd and the F one crowd to go to the same movie.
Speaker 14: Yeah, if you come to the dots, this director from F one is the director of Top Gun Maverick. They made this movie with a similar formula to Top Gun Maverick and how they use some of the methods that they're filming with the way they built the cameras inside the cars, you know, where they build a car around the camera, and then the actually had real racing. They were at real races in the movie.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you know, social media kind of ruins some of this effect for us because you've probably seen some of the the clips going around where they're in like they're they're sitting there and they're have a camera on them and they're just shaking their helmet. Oh yeah it right, Yeah, and then they're splashing water on them or whatever.
Speaker 2: So don't ruin this for me, that's they shouldn't let that stuff leak out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think if.
Speaker 1: I followed the same thing, it's like at film crew or something like that. Yeah, I keep it a mystery. Yeah, they show how the movie is made, and I agree. Some of it's like, oh, I didn't want to know that, you.
Speaker 2: Know, going two hundred miles an hour in.
Speaker 1: That scene, right, I didn't, you know. Like with the new Jurassic movie in front of a green screen.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 4: I'm like Buster Keaton used mirrors to make it look like he was falling off a ledge. You know, it's like everything's getting ruined.
Speaker 1: Right, it's too much by behind the curtain. Let the magic of the movie enjoy. Let us enjoy that, right. So, so nothing more than a rumor here, Steven. With this sequel and the partnership or the I.
Speaker 14: Think the on SQL the F one both, well, what's for real. What's real is that that looks like there is going to be a Days of Thunder sequel. They've been planning that now for several months and they have all they said, they almost have the script finished for it.
Speaker 2: The F one sequel also looks.
Speaker 14: Very real from what I'm reading from reliable, you know, reliable, it's a confirm rumor at least that where F one movie a sequel looks very possible. And Brad Pitt's done sequels before He's not against the idea of doing a sequel if he gets a good script. He made The Ocean eleven movies. I don't know how many of those they made, at least three or four, right, So he he'll do a sequel if it's a good script. I think he had a lot of fun making this movie. You could tell when he was out promoting it. I mean who I mean the adrenaline rush, get behind the wheel of the car, and think he'd want to do that again, And this time he wouldn't even have to train. He's already He's already done the leg work, so he could step right back into it.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you about something that I read about Brad Pitt. I'm curious what your take is, Stephen. Someone said in the film business they were like Brad Pitt's at his best when being directed by Tarantino.
Speaker 3: Do you agree with that?
Speaker 2: Well, he is really good.
Speaker 14: That once upon a time in Hollywood I thought was one of his That was one of his best roles.
Speaker 2: I loved him in that movie.
Speaker 3: He did another Tarantino, but I can't remember exactly what it is.
Speaker 5: Right, glorious Faster, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Stephen Presley, our guest.
Speaker 1: He's gonna hang with us for the rest of the show actually, and you can follow him on Instagram.
Speaker 3: It is at thunder Pop TV. Same thing on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And also want to remind you that if you can make a donation to help out the victims of the flooding in the Hill Country, to do that by going to community foundation dot net. More coming up on Austin's eighty station one O three point one.
Speaker 6: Little jitty about Jack.
Speaker 15: And Dim too American kids growing up in the hot land. Jackie gonna be a football star. Diane's dabby top backseat of Jackie's car, sitting on Chili dog outside tis free. He's Dan sitting on Jackie's lap, try.
Speaker 12: His hands between the news.
Speaker 15: Jackie said, Hey, Diane, let's run all behind the shade. He's dvelop those body brooks that they too good?
Speaker 11: I please?
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.
Speaker 11: See oh yeah, life.
Speaker 15: Goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.
Speaker 12: To walk Onne.
Speaker 15: Jackson's back, flexus thoughts for the moment, who scratches his head and does his best gene.
Speaker 11: Well, then there Land, you.
Speaker 15: Gotta rock to city, Dan says, Batty, you ain't missing nothing, Jackson.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I'm goes song.
Speaker 15: Long after the breath of living is gone. Oh yeah, and saying I'm gone song long after the breath of living is gone.
Speaker 12: So let it right, lady roll, let's a bottle.
Speaker 15: Best come and say my soul, hold long to sixteen.
Speaker 11: Pass long as you can.
Speaker 6: She just gone around the soup makers women best.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, lave goes long long after the dream of liveness gone.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, say live.
Speaker 6: Goes ang long after the stream.
Speaker 16: Of liveness gone.
Speaker 6: Look did it about?
Speaker 11: Jack Dye.
Speaker 17: To American kids done best they can. It's as Austen as it gets.
Speaker 10: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one O three point one.
Speaker 1: Stephen Presley our guests. Find them on Instagram at thunder Pop TV. Same thing on YouTube. It's a big day for a movie that's coming out. It's an important day. We're gonna get to it in just a second. We're gonna remind you to if you can, to make a donation to help out the victims of the flooding in the Hill Country by going to community Foundation dot net community foundation dot net. Just a little bit ago, Stephen told us that Matthew McConaughey has made a big donation. Shakira donated the proceeds from her concert. Eva Longoria is in the Cowboys have made a big donation. So if you can help out, do it Community Foundation dot net. So it's a big day for a movie and a big day for a genre, would you say, Stephen, with the release of Superman.
Speaker 14: Yeah, And I would say for sure the most anticipated movie overall for this year twenty twenty five. Last year was Dead pulling Wolverine. I think this year, yeah, the Superman movie has been highly anticipated. The promotion for this movie, I think they've nailed it right now. It's projected to do huge numbers first weekend. And I think this movie is gonna be a hit. I think it's gonna Makena, It's gonna hit the marks, It's gonna be a blockbuster.
Speaker 2: How well will it?
Speaker 14: We're gonna in just a matter we're gonna find out just how well people like it. I'm gonna see it tonight. I'm gonna get a sneak peek of it tonight. So I'm pretty excited for that. We'll see right now, it's gotten some leak. There's been some review leaks. Some of the review leaks said that the movie was silly and had too much CGI. Some of the other leaks said this movie is the best movie since Top Gun Maverick.
Speaker 2: WHOA wow.
Speaker 3: So which is it? It might be both.
Speaker 14: It might be if you don't mind CGI and you don't mind a little silly, It might be as good as Top Gun Maverick or better.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: I know we've got kind of a twenty twenty five Superman here, but is he still faster than a speeding bullet?
Speaker 3: Gosh? Can still tall buildings in the s.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 14: So I think we're going to get the new generation of a Superman. I think he's going to use a little bit more slang, some of the new new slang of our time.
Speaker 3: Maybe just the thing.
Speaker 1: The reason I asked that question is because, I mean, let's admit it, a lot of young men out there in America real whoosies.
Speaker 2: Well, this Superman is a dog lover? Yeah, this one dog in the movie.
Speaker 3: What was the last thing? He was faster than a speeding bullet?
Speaker 7: Locomotives outrun speeding locomotives were powerful, Yeah, the trained locomotive, Yeah, My fantasy is a young JB was for Superman to hook up with wonder Woman Enterplane Club.
Speaker 2: Because you can see everything that's I prayed for that.
Speaker 3: I wanted. I wanted wonder Woman to time up. Oh Man, was that the truth? Lasso?
Speaker 2: Is that what that was?
Speaker 1: It made you tell the truth. Yeah, I'd tell her things. I'd tell her things I didn't do.
Speaker 14: Some people want to somebody, well, somebody made a fan a fan movie of the super Friends, you know from the eighties, we had, you know, with Superman and Batman and they had Prince in it. The episode, the Lost episode with Prince on the super Friends and Prince is hanging out with all the ladies. He's got wonder Woman Supergirl and he's almost like.
Speaker 2: A Chappelle sketch. It looked like a Chappelle sketch.
Speaker 14: He comes up on this the big screen and Superman and Batman are sitting there looking like, what what's going on?
Speaker 2: You're at a party with Prince.
Speaker 3: So it was pretty funny, but you're right, it does sound like a Chappelle scut Yeah, moving along here, let's talk about Will Smith and he has got a rap album, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, he's back to doing rap.
Speaker 14: He's been you know, out of wrap the rap world for a long time, and then you know, he's had a successful, successful career in movies. The Oscar slap happens. The Oscar slap happens a few years ago. He continues on, he has another bad Boys movie comes out. It's pretty big hits, but he's kind of, you know, laid low as far as any other movies here recently, but been very active on social media and he's been putting out videos with his new rap music, and he's getting a lot of blowback. There's been people saying that, you know, he should have, like, you know, this is a midlife crisis that he should have, like, you know, avoided if he could trying to get back into rap. A lot of people are making fun of how cheesy it is ringy. They're calling it ringy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, his rap was always kind of more bubblegumish though you know, he was a hardcore guy now right.
Speaker 3: It was rapping about the parents just understanding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Steven isn't.
Speaker 5: One of the reasons this getting back last his rap is because he's addressing the Oscar slap in one of his songs.
Speaker 2: Have you heard anything about that. Yeah, there was that.
Speaker 14: There was one song where he does address it. He was on a podcast too where he raps and then he has that in the in the rap song in the podcast. Yeah, I think that's been a little bit of the blowback. He has a video, so he made a music video. A new music video came out for a song he made called Pretty Girls. And the first time I watched this like, oh my gosh, this really is bad, but it.
Speaker 3: Kind of grows.
Speaker 14: It kind of grows on you, which is kind of like a typical Will Smith song. After I heard it like the third or fourth time. But one of the things is he's got a lot of the sexy ladies in the video, but they are age appropriate for his age. And some people gave him compliments for that for putting, you know, ladies that were age appropriate that are dancing around him.
Speaker 3: Why would you want to be rich and successful and have chicks your age around you? That's the whole point of all the hard work. That's a fail. Will. Yeah, Hey, you.
Speaker 4: Know, here's an idea for Will Smith. He could put out a music video where it has the slap dance. Yes, it could become a viral thing like Gangham style.
Speaker 1: Was signing like that. Yeah, that's funny. Is the record is the Is it out? Can you stream it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: You can stream it? Yeah, the music's there in the videos.
Speaker 1: To Finally, Rush Hour has a trigger warning. We're talking about the movie rush Hour, not when you get on the mopack.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the trigger warning I need, is the one for when I get a mopak.
Speaker 14: The movie is like twenty years old, right, Yeah, it's it's from the ninth the original ones from the nineties and showing on the USA network pretty regularly, and they've now started putting a disclaimer on there, basically telling viewers it was made at a different time and may have language or stereotypes and then today's audience.
Speaker 2: So this is not a new thing.
Speaker 14: Actually, this has been coming up lately a lot from other like Disney Plus actually started it and they're on their app on their on their app, they've got Dumbo, Peter Pan just to name a couple that had been put been given disclaimers before.
Speaker 4: I remember they did this with Tom and Jerry, Yes Cartoon. I think I think it was Whippy Goldberg who did kind of an opening disclaimer. If it wasn't for that it may have been something else, but uh, but yeah, it was just a different time, you know. And there's there's things that are definitely racial stereotypes with cartoons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't know, it seems to I don't know how to say this without I'll just say it. It's like, why do we always feel the need to impose today's values on people from the past, you know what I mean, Like all of a sudden, we're better than that, So we're gonna tell you how bad that was, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It just it kind of sits weird with me. It was a time and a place when those things were made.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that there's things that, like the way we live thirty years ago, they are unacceptable. Like you don't have to go very far back, right, you're right, Yeah, we're all kind of progressing.
Speaker 1: In theory, right, hope, But we also want to believe that we weren't that that type of person back then when you were Oh yeah, you're right there in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's move along from that.
Speaker 1: And Steve was going to stay with us because he did something with his family that's pretty interesting. It cracks me up because he was nervous about it and he was hoping to get two hours of quality family time out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he said that he did.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll tell you what he and his family did, and you may want to get out and do it too, So stick around. That's coming up on Austin' dat Station one O three point one.
Speaker 5: You've got an app for your music, but what about your favorite morning show, sports team, or live local news and weather start to change?
Speaker 2: Yep, there's an app for all that too.
Speaker 5: iHeartRadio download the number one app for radio, the free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 18: The devastating Texas bloods have impacted countless residents have lost their homes, communities and lives have been shattered, and children are still missing.
Speaker 2: The need is urgent.
Speaker 18: The Community Foundation of the Texas Hill Country has launched the Kerr County Flood Relief Fund to support response, relief, and long term recovery efforts. All donations will go directly to trusted local organizations to provide food, shelter, healthcare, and hope. Join us today and donate to the Kerr County Flood Relief Fund at Communityfoundation dot net.
Speaker 4: Austin's eighties Station one oh three point one.
Speaker 2: Here's what's coming up on the JB and Sandy Show on one o three point one.
Speaker 3: All right, stay with us.
Speaker 1: Stephen Presley, our guest from APT thunder Pop TV, has decided to hang with us for one more segment.
Speaker 3: He did something really fun with his week with his family last weekend.
Speaker 1: It was one of those things like I'm going to pay a few bucks for this and I hope I don't get ripped off. Well, it turns out he didn't get ripped off, and it's something you can do in the air conditioning. I'll tell you about it coming up next on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one.
Speaker 3: Don't forget.
Speaker 1: You can grab the JV and Sandy podcast to search Tvy and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 16: You must understand the church of your hand makes my poll three had that it's only the thrill Barney Girl, bothers and such trat.
Speaker 2: It's guzy.
Speaker 11: Only lology.
Speaker 2: You must try to.
Speaker 6: Be in door adding be mother in that.
Speaker 19: What love do start to do with it? Love for a second? Handy buss, Why love got to do?
Speaker 6: Start to do with it?
Speaker 19: Boney for Harten, How can be brother?
Speaker 16: Basing you, and I'm acting confused when you're close to me. If I chant to little days, I've read in some place I've got calls to food. That's a name for the desert phrase that day. Whatever the reason to infor me?
Speaker 11: What love stop?
Speaker 18: Do?
Speaker 2: Stop to do it?
Speaker 12: What's for the second handy bull.
Speaker 19: Shine filaf stops to stop to do this?
Speaker 20: Who needs a hot when a hot can deprot? I've been taking all the new.
Speaker 2: But I have said.
Speaker 12: I have been thinking about my own ProCheck. It's just to feel this word.
Speaker 11: Stats do.
Speaker 12: Love for the fact is abortion.
Speaker 19: Loved good, needs the hope, the Pugett What love for a single fashioned portion? Stat to do?
Speaker 21: It's as Austin as it gets.
Speaker 10: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one o three point one.
Speaker 1: Stephen Presley is great to hang out with us for an additional segment of the show. You can find him on Instagram at thunder Pop TV. Same thing on YouTube. And he went out to do something with his family. He was a little bit nervous about it, thought he was gonna get ripped off. And what'd you say? Two hours of at least two hours of entertainment and you got it. I'm talking about the museum.
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, it was in our neighborhood, so it was easy, you know, just a few miles away, and we drove by there. I was like, well, maybe, you know, we're looking for entertainment. Have a seven year old when you're you know, on the weekends, sometimes you're looking for new things to do to keep them entertained. Actually, yeah, this summer, Yeah, air conditioned things in the summer, and it had been raining all weekend. Finally the rain slowed down and we're like, let's go check it out. So I was like, please, though, let's let's get at least a couple hours out of this, because my worst fear was spending the hundred or whatever, one hundred and twenty dollars and.
Speaker 2: Going in and being over in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and then that's like two rooms, like maybe a couple balloons, you know, tied to a plant or something. And then they're like, look at this, this is from France. These are special balloons. Now, we went in and it was actually, it exceeded my expectations. My expectations, I'll admit were low, but it exceeded my expectations. It was actually really cool exhibit and they had a lot of interactive things for kids that age, like a room that could run around in and bounce on these giant balloon balls. There was another room that had kind of these weird character balloons with googly eyes, and they could, you know, kind of like punch them. It's like punching bags and run around and punch them. But my favorite was the disco ball. It is a giant inflatable disco ball deflates and the inflates, and it has a woman doing a narration and they're playing kind of some cool music with it.
Speaker 3: You could develop a whole museum over balloons, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all things inflatable, right, all things inflatable.
Speaker 14: There is a mirror room, but again the mirror room has mirror balloons, like mirror shiny balloons.
Speaker 2: Huh, that's cool.
Speaker 5: I mean kids think about kids who just are obsessed with balloons. Yeah, remember how sad you were when you lose it at the whole entire museum worth of all, you know, all balloons and all things inflatable.
Speaker 2: That's heaven for a kid. Yeah yeah, and then they then they had it's over you.
Speaker 14: You spill out into, of course, the gift shop, which they always do at any museum. They've got the money traps, but then they have a bakery with these beautifully displayed cupcakes, donuts, ice cream.
Speaker 3: Boy, that's smart. Think about that. Why don't they do that at every museum, Like you go through the museum and then you've got a cupcake and cookies at the end of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm all about that. That that Disney has that so dialed in. Where you end in the gift shop. Ye have every ride you spill into the gift shop.
Speaker 3: Like, Steven, where is the Balloon Museum.
Speaker 2: It's in the old Lewis Shakes people have been in Austin for a while.
Speaker 14: And huge furniture store that's over on Anderson Lane, a caddy corner from that Starbucks and across from Waterburger on Anderson Lane.
Speaker 3: And it's a it's a temporary it'll be here until November. Is that right to pop up until November?
Speaker 14: Unless it's like one of those bands that say this is our farewell tour and then it gets extended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which happens all the time.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, sorry Steven, have you guys seen the clips of Ozzy Osbourne.
Speaker 3: And his verywell, oh no I have it?
Speaker 5: Is it bad?
Speaker 3: It was kind of sad, I thought, I mean it was kind of sad too, it was.
Speaker 4: The prints are very emotional, like this is the last time this song is going to be performed.
Speaker 2: Because I really like you could drop dead at any second. We're still here. Did he talk at the stage?
Speaker 5: Remember we did a story that he was working with the physical trainer or a PT guy to just for him to be able to walk out onto the stage and be able to stand up for at least a few of the songs and sing like, did that happen?
Speaker 10: Do?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know the answer.
Speaker 1: The clips that I saw, he was sitting on a big game of Throne style throne, just saying from there, but you know they had someone do is I make up in his teeth and all the stuff you're expect from Ozzy but the.
Speaker 2: Prince of darkness stuff yeah, normal darkness.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And his wife Sharon's just sitting on the side counting money saying, oh, I got Allssie to work again. Work that ole man to death. I mean that is her gravy train and has been for forty something years. Of working to death. I saw a clip yesterday of a Ringo star it just turned eighty five, eighty five years old.
Speaker 4: And he's jumping around on stage, super fit, looking good.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, yeah, wow, eighty five.
Speaker 3: Wow. Think he lived a little healthier lifestyle than Azsie just a guess.
Speaker 1: But that show had some other big bands that were there. In fact, I think Pantera played it. I think, oh wow, Metallica and Guns n' Roses was there as well, so at least the fans got their money's worth with the other bands. Even Ozzie could just sit up there and see Mom, I'm coming home, I'd still want to see him. And even if he's sitting in a chair. Yeah, have you ever I've never seen him, of you, I have not. I have not, But I was a fan.
Speaker 4: I didn't I was not into like metal or hard rock at all in high school, but I liked Ozzy for some reason.
Speaker 2: I just loved Ozzy.
Speaker 1: I was scared of Black Sabbath when I was a kid, Like the kids listened to Black Sabbath were like they were dangerous.
Speaker 2: Man transport kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were kind of the oddball kids.
Speaker 1: So, uh, check out the balloon Museum uh in the old Lewis Chanks on Anderson just off of Mopek there and encourage you to make a donation to those affected by the flooding in the Hill Country. If you want to do that, go to Community Foundation dot net. Thanks Steven, we'll talk to you soon. Yeah, thank you all. Go out at Austin's eighty station one oh three point one.
Speaker 6: The words of violence, questioning him feel my little world, but they will do me right from me. You're fai, oh my little girl.
Speaker 11: I want that.
Speaker 21: I am.
Speaker 6: My words of about that famin one be spoken, tould be broken. The intact was the trivias, your remains woods a beer as we gets a boy, or
Speaker 9: Ever losa or ever e