Speaker 1: Real quick weather here partly Claudie in fifty six today overnight some clowns in forty six. Clouds build tomorrow. It's highest seventy eight. Severe weather kicks in around seven pm. Is gonna last a few days, it sounds like and including a flood watch all the way through Sunday. Storms will continue on Thursday high sixty one Wednesday and sixty six of the high Thursday forty Right now, time for a quick traffic chuck from the u See.
Speaker 2: Health Transit Center. Don't let injury slow you down. The u See Health Orthopedic Sands sports medicine experts can help keep you moving. Schedule a same day appointment at u See health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues to run an extra ten through Wachland southbound seventy one break lunch just above two seventy five, often on down to Redbank and northbound seventy five better out of Florence. Just slowed Donaldson into downtown. Chuck ing Vermont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Ay thirty fifty five KRCD talk Station Happy two Yay Daniel Davis, Steve Dive. We got a message from your handler retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, that you are not feeling up to snuff this morning, and we're going to be doing the segment and there you are. I'm so pleased that you're here today, sir. Thank your volumes down, Joe says your microphone may not be on. I can see you anyway, now the hell's bells. Goodness, there you go. Second, there you go, there you go. Yeah, anyway, glad to see you and hear you, so welcome back. Yeah, all right, let's hit the ground running on this. I understand that it's been widely reported the words pissed off for you, Trump is pissed off with Vladimir Putin? What's this one all about, mister Davis or Lieutenant Davis?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you can see are you pissed off at Vladimir Putin? Are you pissed off at Zelensky? Because the entrargy both is yes, He's actually been mad at both of them. One of the big problems for from the Russian perspective is that Russia is not agreed to thinks the way that Trump thinks.
Speaker 1: That they should.
Speaker 3: There's actually news out this morning from the Deputy four Minister Riebkov, who said, hey, look, we're interested in talking about this ceasefire, but only in contemption with solving the causes of the war. Uh. And so far the United States doesn't want to talk about that. They just want to get mineral deals or whatever. So you know, Russian conditions, they say, there's no NATO, there's a demilitarization, demnazification they call it, which is means Zelensky has to go and they get all territory as well. So far are the university talked to that? And apparently Trump is not happy that Putin is not willing to talk talk about the ceasefire until he gets the other stuff done.
Speaker 1: So okay, So it's pissed off all around. A lot of being pissed off goes multiple ways now in terms of your perception. And I'm maybe coming out of left field to ask you this because I don't think you have done polls on the ground, but maybe someone has. If they were to hold elections in Ukraine, is it certain that Zelensky would be re elected? I mean, couldn't they quote unquote de nazify and get Zelenski out there just by holding open elections.
Speaker 3: It is possible, though I do talk to to people who are on the grounded KIV and they say that because he has controls Lenski does over all of the media, and you know, he gets to control the narrative and he has control over who's running, et cetera, that it's likely that he would be elected. But then again, it's also uncertain because there are many in the West, especially in Great Britain, that would prefer a different leader to deal with a guy who's a former I guess actually is a current and bachelor to the UK is as illusion to form the general. So it's actually not at all clear who would win. But Russia just says, hey, the main thing is it's got to be legitimate who passed an election age knowledge, even if it's got to be somebody who passed an election.
Speaker 1: All right. Another component of this, and you kind of referenced in a moment ago, we're talking about the anger that's going away among the three parties hear Us, Ukraine and Russia. There was a lot of talk about a proposed mineral deal where the United States will be able to access a lot of the minerals that are apparently in Ukraine. I always heard that it was sort of in payment for all of the money that we have given them in terms of aid so far. You know, it's like, you guys kind of owe us, and why don't you let us tap into your mental reserves and we'll split the profits or at least sharing that. I'm not quite sure what's yours. Zelensky's position is on that, but apparently he is. It's been suggested he's trying to back out of that proposal. Where does that stand right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of the things that the other thing that made Trump unhappy because Zelensky is wanting to say, hey, let's renegotiate a deal. So he wants h he wants he wants to go back again to read uh and analyze the situation to for NATO. He says, hey, we'll give you this mineral. Well, we want to get it to NATO too. Uh And by the way, the percentages, that's not working for me yet. So he's trying to renegotiate the deal after the fact, and of course we've had huge problems with this mineral still getting passed. I mean with we sent Bison to Kiev to sign a deal, Zilensky didn't sign it. Then we had the deficulty on the Oval Office situation, we didn't sign it. Now then here's another situation, and then now Lensky's wanting to go back, and I think he's playing dangerous games. Lensky is because he has no leverage here with either Russia and militarily or the US diplomatically, so he seems to be making everybody angry in that. This just I don't think is going to work out well for Ukraine or Zelenski himself.
Speaker 1: Well. Obviously critical to this getting resolved on any level, least from Swazielenski's perspective is being in into NATO. I'm not quite sure the United States is in favor of that. But where are the rest of the NATO countries they get to say in this, and are they liking the idea of getting Ukraine to be a part of NATO.
Speaker 3: Well, President Trump I just categorically said both in Air Force one and is.
Speaker 2: Overlook his desk.
Speaker 3: I guess yesterday he said that ain't happened. Just categorically, No, it's not happening. But it's funny because the Western European nicians have been wanting to talk about the possibility of this and say you know someday, not now, but some day. But behind the scenes, everybody knows and they have from before the war started. Ukraine will never be in NATO. But instead of just acknowledging that self evident reality, they keep the lip service going, which keeps Zelensky thinking he's going to get in it gets more of their people killed. But at the end of the day, there is no chance for it now or later.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems to me to be prudent at this juncture if not previously, and I would have argued been navigated for previously, someone just to sort of verbally slap Zelensky in the face and making face up to the cold water dose reality. Dude, you're not getting into NATO, So take that demand off the table or your people are going to continue to get slaughtered and the Russia is going to continue to make inroads into your country.
Speaker 3: And then I'll also add to that, and if you don't stop this, we're gonna stop. Even given the verbal.
Speaker 1: Cover through, it ain't happen.
Speaker 3: So let's move on to whatever's next, which is getting this war over with at the least cost possible to the Ukraine side. That's what they should be going after that's what's actually possible. But if you keep going down the fiction path both are Ukraine and for Europe, it's never gonna happen. In what that leaves is Russia hasn't stopped anything right now. I mean even these these fires haven't actually been implemented yet. So Russia is just continuing to fight and they're continuing to win ground every day. Ukraine soldiers are dying every day. This is not this is a zero sum situation. Is the longer you delay from Zelenski and the European side, the more likely the chances to you physically lose the war, and then you don't get to negotiate anything. That's what they haven't.
Speaker 1: Come to grip with yet. Wow. Well, and pivoting over to the Russia and a China relationship, My how times have changed my recollections. We normalize relations with China in order to separate them from the former Soviet Union, and now they seem to embracing each other with I guess Jizen Ping saying the other day that we're Russia and China our friends forever, never enemies. What does this suggest to you, Daniel Davis, Well, this has been.
Speaker 3: One of my concerns from the beginning. I mean, it's going all the way back into the nineteen seventies with President Dixon. I has always separate and to not brotten together. Of course, the Biden administration on steroids just drove them. I mean, like you know, hot speed and directions together gave both sides every incentive to work together, along with Iran and North Korea. As a matter of fact, I mean add all that together. None of it was necessary, None of it existed product of February twenty twenty two. By the way, there was distance. There was some closeness between the two, between the four parties, but there was a space between all four. Even Russia and China had some differences. Now then those have been almost eliminated. And if we have outright military lines with both Korea and Iran, with Russia and then you know, now, then you have the situation to where they have more incentive to continue to stay together. So far, I think Trump is trying to put a little distance between the two. So that's better than what it was. But right now it's not helping out because Russia is not getting what they want, so they don't have any incentive to break anything with China. China is helping them both diplomatically and with other non military means which have dual use purposes.
Speaker 1: And of course China can gobble up all the energy it needs and get a lot of it from Russia. So that's sort of that forces them to embrace each other given global sanctions on Russian oil exports and Iranian exports. So it's just pushing all those that access closer and closer together every day. Well, yeah, it and that's not.
Speaker 2: Good for us.
Speaker 3: I mean, anytime that you know, any potential adversaries of the United States are coming together and work in cooperation, that's not good for us. And so we should say, hey, let's stop that process. And I mean, look that the best way is to just de escalate tensions so that you don't have anyone of the reason to want to oppose you. Instead of find areas of common benefits, say hey, where can we find win win situations here if that benefits America. And it's not weakness as some I'm we're sualy in the West seem to advocate where they just want nothing but a confrontational approach, thinking there's never any consequence for it. But there is, and we can we do have enough leverage to actually improve all those situations that I hope the Trump.
Speaker 1: Administration doesn't amen to that. Daniel Davis Deep, I've always a great pleasure having in the program. Glad it worked out today. Good to see as always. We'll talk next Tuesday. Stay well, my friend, see you next week. Thank you. Eight forty fifty five KR see the talk station. Don't go away. We're going to find about out about three D printed organs when Xica doctor Prashaan Raley from UC's research you see three D printed organ stock away.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.