Speaker 1: Stuck at home.
Speaker 2: And alone. You'd think I could have some fun on.
Speaker 3: My own, but not all.
Speaker 1: I bought af with Cecily and Stephanie. What the hell's going on?
Speaker 4: Everybody? What the hell's bells? It's what the f? Do you remember? First of all, y'all remember station wagons? Do you remember David? Do you remember David Blaine?
Speaker 1: Of course you do.
Speaker 2: Magician David Blaine, who is just a menace.
Speaker 4: He was just a menace, Like he's just constantly being that guy that's like, I'm gonna suspend myself in a water box over London, and in londoners are like, we don't give a shit, we're not even gonna look up, we're not taking photos, we don't care whatever bullshit you're I'm gonna shackle myself to the subway train. Okay, okay. Well, so someone from the Groundlings did a really funny spoof of him where he'd be like, go up to people on the street and he's like, hey, check your pocket, and they would look in their pocket and would be like their childhood stuffed animal. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then the joke was whoever he was talking to would be.
Speaker 1: Like, what the f?
Speaker 2: What the that's all that to say that.
Speaker 1: I told you that. I Oh my god, and I it's like, I don't want to get in trouble. But on the other hand, I wouldn't even know how to get a hold of this person that I'm going to refer to. I had a roommate briefly a lot of years ago that dated that was a model from New York. Did I tell you this? No you did not. Okay. So I had this roommate and she was like a friend of a friend that called you know, that ended up subleting my subleasing my place, and she was so she was very strange. Okay. But also, and you know, you know how sometimes models don't look that modey and then you have to kind of side eye them a little bit.
Speaker 4: You're like, yes, one hundred percent, hold on one second, you keep talking.
Speaker 1: I just need to see what that Okay, ghost, It's good.
Speaker 4: Okay, So there's there's like a weird it sounded like a ghost, but it wasn't anyway, Yes, I know exactly what you mean. They're kind of like their eyes are like not on the same level.
Speaker 1: You're like odd about you.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's beautiful, We're all beautiful.
Speaker 1: We're all guns. Oh my god, exactly. I was like, she just isn't, like, yeah, like I get you're you're like, well, I guess the bone structure.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, it's different, it's unique.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, But anyway, she she was from New York and apparently her she had her boyfriend was David Blaine or hadn't been David Blaine. Yes, And she told me, and I'm so sorry because I don't remember too many specifics.
Speaker 4: He also did a Fiona Apple, so don't let that slide by.
Speaker 1: Oh so okay, so guess what some kind of similar type maybe interesting. Anyway, she had not nice things to say. And when I see they weren't dating at the time. They were, they were exes, but she was like he was very creepy. He was like awful to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard there have.
Speaker 1: Been some stuff.
Speaker 2: There's been some cancelations, I believe.
Speaker 1: Look it up.
Speaker 4: Let me look it up, just to make sure, because I've been getting things wrong lately.
Speaker 1: I know. That's the thing. I feel bad being a podcaster and then people are like, wait, what are you talking about? And then it would be with my luck, it would turn out that like it was actually Gavid Copperfield.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, official, this is AI, So we're already gonna just start with this is a robot.
Speaker 2: It doesn't know shit.
Speaker 4: Okay, Overview has gotten me in big trouble.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah, And I've learned that coming from a place of yes, at all times.
Speaker 4: You will yeah, and also giving you the wrong IMDb credits, and when you're publishing an article on a real like site, you know, people don't want the wrong credits.
Speaker 2: Like I wasn't in this.
Speaker 4: One guy I like wrote was writing about this thing and he was like, yeah, thank you. So I like linked him on the thing and he's like, yeah, I wasn't in Will and Grace.
Speaker 2: I've never been in that show. I was like, oh, so.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that. That's my bad, totally my bad. So it says on AI Overview, which I'm going to use anyway. Official investigations into reports of sexual misconduct. Speaking through his lawyer, Blaine vehemently denies the allegations confirmed that he would Okay, so he has been accused. Oh and as of just five years well and twenty nineteen, six years ago, David Blaine under investigation on two sexual assaults that's in the New York Times. He was accused two years ago, so in twenty seventeen around me too, of raping two women in London.
Speaker 2: So that's one. That's just one. I've heard it. I've heard other things from about this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and you know, but that doesn't mean, you know, it's alleged. Anybody can allege anything, and that sucks. But I've not heard kind things either.
Speaker 1: I mean, anybody can allege things, but this was not like a public alleging. This was just this was somebody who had not like no reason to lie. It was just my roommate.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's funny because it's interesting because it all comes you know, X's there's all perspective, because I was going to say that Fiona has a type because she also dated Paul Thomas Anderson and did not have nice things to say about him, who he tends. From what I hear is he was very coked out and controlling. He is the he's the it person to talk.
Speaker 2: About right now. But then he went on to marry and have many kids with Maya Rudolph, who seems like perfectly lovely and reasonable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doesn't mean that, you know what I mean, so it's sort of like whether you're a good fit.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily with David Blaine.
Speaker 4: He doesn't sound great, but like sometimes some person's gonna say, yeah, he was coked down crazy, and the next person's like, he's the best dad ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know the fuck do I know about any of these people?
Speaker 1: You know, whenever I think of Paul Thomas Anderson.
Speaker 4: I tell your story again, because that is he's like all that anyone's talking about. Oh why, oh my god. So his movie, which I saw in Vista Vision, which I don't even know what that fucking means. His new movie, One Battle after Another, is like the talk of the town. It's his new you know, everybody, I mean all like movie buffs, it's movie nerds like Imax.
Speaker 1: I saw it in Vista.
Speaker 4: People are it's Leo DiCaprio. It's a huge, sprawling, epic, crazy film. I kind of enjoyed it and was kind of also very deeply annoyed by it. But people like my guy friend nerds have seen it five times. It's only been out like a week, Like it's you know what I mean, it's the thing going to get Oscar nominations.
Speaker 2: And I actually have an Instagram.
Speaker 4: I was gonna play you of this really funny thing this guy said, mm hmmm, I will play this for you.
Speaker 1: Here it is. You ready, all right?
Speaker 2: This is a guy. Just picture him.
Speaker 4: He's wearing like a tank top and he has like a silly mustache, like skipping down the through the beach and like skipping rocks.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so here we go.
Speaker 2: Did you see it?
Speaker 1: Did you see Paul Thomas Anderson's.
Speaker 2: New movie Each World?
Speaker 3: I love every one of the I want to see it in every for mistavision, imax, just regular. I'd even watch it at on the small screen if I was ever Anderson his brain. Everyone just stop me. I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I know that sounds crazy, but it's just like.
Speaker 2: He gets it as done.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go redit my list of favorites.
Speaker 1: I think bread just.
Speaker 4: Got to help.
Speaker 1: And I don't care.
Speaker 4: Who knows it.
Speaker 2: There's so many of those. There's just it's it's just ridiculous. But yes, tell your story because this is perfect timing.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, it's it's I'll make it really brief because most people know I have heard this story probably definitely more than once, and it was just that I Paul Okay, I was approached by a person who is a location scout came to my house and asked if I mean now you know it's the Paul Thomas Anderson story.
Speaker 4: So really there's a lot more. There's a little bit more to it. That's even cooler, right in my book.
Speaker 1: So we were supposed to be doing a video in our house, or shooting part of a video in our house for Radiohead, and the location scout came by and said, we're going to do a video for Radiohead. Can we use your house? And of course I was like yeah, and he goes, can I come by with the director like on Friday, just to double check? And I was like okay. So that Friday and across the across the street neighbors were the ones who like recommended me and there they were just normal people. So this the location guy comes in. He's with a guy, and I was like and we're chatting a little bit and he's like, he's like, yeah, he's cute, and we're kind of chatting. And John's not home at the time, so in our house was a mess, and I was of course apologizing and going, I'm so sorry. The house is really messing. He goes no, no, no, no, this is what I want. I want it to look like lived in.
Speaker 2: We want like a junk yard, like.
Speaker 1: A hoard This is like an episode of Quarters. Well not like to be like outtakes from Hoarders.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh okay, like then, yeah, okay, just super messy grows.
Speaker 1: So I said, I said, you look, you look kind of familiar. And I said have we have we do we know each other? And he was like, I don't, I don't know. I don't think so you know. And I said, oh, well, do you do like what do you direct other stuff like besides music videos? And he goes yeah. Oh. I first I said, do you do our do our kids play basketball together? Because my kids played for like the local park and he goes no, and I go okay, And then I said I I don't know, like and then I said, so have you directed other things? And he goes yeah, yeah, definitely movies. And I said I did the typical anything I would have heard of, and he goes, hmm, there might be blood.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's I don't think I even knew that part.
Speaker 1: That's so sexy, And I said and then and then of course, like all the blood rushed out of my will.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if he gets it wrong, He's like, boogie Days, there might be blood.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, that's not that must be a different movie from Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a short. It's like it's called there might Oh You're like, oh my god, are you pulled Thomas? Here he goes, no, no, no, common mistake. Yeah, mine's as short. It was only four minutes. There might be blood.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, okay, yeah, I know, okay, I know who you are. And then it was just kind of quiet. Then the yeah, the kicker, the kicker to the story is just that. Then I'm all excited and I'm texting John, holy shit, Paul Thomas Anderson is in our house right now, like I'm gonna die. And then John was all excited about it too. Neither of us gave a ship that it was going to be a Radiohead concert a video.
Speaker 4: God, I would have that's like too, that's like dreams right there, both both of them.
Speaker 1: So the day of the Radiohead shoot happens, and you know, radio Heads in our house and Thomas York and Tom York and I don't care, and uh, but Paul Thomas Anderson is there. So I get a little video of Paul Thomas Anderson and I get a little video outtake. I think I'm cool, and I post it to Facebook. Oh and I'm like, yeah, Paul Thomas Anderson in my house shooting a radio head, you know, video. And then the location guy at the end goes, Okay, here's sign this like non disclosure or whatever. And I was like, oh, oh h is it cool that I posted something to Facebook? And he was like, no, it's not. And I had a lot of followers, you know what I mean. So I tried to play it off like, oh, okay, it was just like my personal take it. He goes, yeah, please take that down, like right now. I did. Then I talked about that incident about how I was asked to sign the not like how embarrassing it was that and in talking about it on a podcast, which was so stupid since I'd signed a night disclosure. But I thought the part that I wasn't supposed to talk about, I don't know what I thought. I thought that I wasn't supposed to talk about the specific song. I just talked about the situation, right anyway, it went viral and apparently it was a big secret that Radiohead and Paul Thomas Anderson were working together. I don't know. It turned into a whole thing. It was put everywhere on the internet, and I was so mortified, and then I lived in fear that I was going to get sued.
Speaker 4: But you didn't over like two hundred dollars And does a video come out? Like did you see it your house? Did you ever look at it?
Speaker 1: I did? You can't really tell. I mean, it's so quick because what it was was he was like he did like six houses on our street. I see, So it was like a really quick shot that was a song. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: We Well, I'm just going to look it up because it's going to be right there on the internet. What radio Head video? Did PTA direct? And I think he did maybe more than one though, Okay, so it was daydreaming. Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna watch the shit out of that.
Speaker 4: I would anyway, because I'm a fan of both, even though I just made fun of PTA, because I think this movie is overrated personally. Yeah, and I like liquorice pizza and by the way, this is kind of cool. I'm a nerd too. I review movies for a living, even though I'm not very good at it. But you know, writer Paul Schrader, he has he's like it has a very open Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, and he wrote like he wrote some huge it anyway.
Speaker 4: He was like kind of saying, look, I know it's a great movie, but I have some flaws with it. I didn't care about any of the characters. Like I love that he has like open discussions with.
Speaker 2: People, so I agree. I was like, I have to agree.
Speaker 4: I know, I have to like buy law say that it's a great movie, this pt Anderson movie, but I agree that like this and this and that, and then a lot of people were putting in how much they loved liquorice pizza too, and like some famous writers too. We were all like, but I loved liquorice pizza. Like, so I'm not alone, is all I'm trying to say.
Speaker 2: And I'm right.
Speaker 4: He wrote taxi driver. I don't know if you've heard of that. I mean, this is so the guy who agreed with me wrote taxi driver. I just want that out there as if somebody was to like question me as a person.
Speaker 1: Listen, we were excited to watch Liquorice Pizza the whole family.
Speaker 3: And I.
Speaker 2: Loved it.
Speaker 1: It's like I might have told you that a lot of the movie was filmed at my kids at the time. They were going there at their middle schoo.
Speaker 2: But it was like a love letter to the valley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was literally filmed. The high school that was used was Portola, which is where my kids went to school, so we were all in high school.
Speaker 2: I went to go see Greece.
Speaker 1: No, this was a middle school. This was their middle school that looked like just a typical school. So we were excited and the kids fell asleep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's for kids. No, but you know, I get it.
Speaker 4: I get it. I get it, I get it. I think I just lot.
Speaker 1: I had a lot of reasons I should have loved it. I mean, I am a valley kid, the whole thing. My kids were raised as valley kids. I've lived in the valley. I lived in the valley since I was like, you know, nineteen years old.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you are not alone, though you're not alone, but me and like the you know, me and Quinton, and it doesn't matter who I'm grouped with, you know, it doesn't matter if it's Tarantino or whatever. Like, we're our own people and we can make decisions for ourselves.
Speaker 1: Now, you had a story for us today, and then I have something later. This is a silly thing.
Speaker 4: I do have a story that I don't know if I ever told, but if I did tell it, it was six years ago when we started this. So it's time to re take it back out. Let's go tell me what I thought about it. Because I woke up at we both woke up early. I woke up at three am and then couldn't go back to sleep. This is not the story. But as I tried to go back to sleep, I started having this weird thing where this has never happened before, you know, like your mind wanders and you're anxious about a dentist, you know, whatever the shit is going on. But my mind started doing this thing where anybody that I thought of, so I'm trying to sleep, and somebody would pop into my mind, anybody, a friend, a crush, anybody, all I could do was imagine them sleeping. So like, even if it was you, it was like, what's stuff.
Speaker 2: Need do right now?
Speaker 4: She's probably asleep. So then I started thinking because I was so tired. I'm like, am I astral projecting myself into people's apartments? I don't think I was. I'm gonna say flat out probably not.
Speaker 1: That love what I love too that you assume we all live in apartments, like, because when you live in an apartment, you're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or houses.
Speaker 4: Most of the people I was thinking of were apartments, but like houses or whatever. But yeah, I was just like, wait a minute, I can see them sleeping right now. I'm envisioning these people in their beds sleeping. Was not from anti sexual or anything, but I was like, wait, am I in there? My psychic am I is this what it feels like to teleport? M Anyway, that happened for a couple hours and then I finally just got up, like, well, not sleeping. So during that time, I also thought of this story and I don't exactly know why, but remember the story of when I first moved. So it was my first year in LA. I don't think I told you this first year in LA and I was going to be an actress. Why I was an fortress and I was trying to meet with agents. I was using cousin you know, like, hey, I've got a cousin in Beverly Hills and maybe they'll So I was meeting with all these agents who were like, absolutely not, you have literally no credits. You look insane. People were trying to give me. They were trying to give me. They're like, you know, lose five pounds, straighten your hair. I was getting a lot of you know the stuff people say, like you need to get better headshots, you need to take an acting class, like but not like a theater one like had audition and you know, real stuff. Because I would go to these meetings in a vest. I used to always wear my hunter green vest from Express with no shirt underneath.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, maggy jeans. Yeah. It was a look, a look that was a total.
Speaker 2: Look like on Friends, this would have been like ninety five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my my look, my actor look, which every every girl had the same look was was a leotard, but they a body suit Levi's with a body suit. Do you remember that look?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cute. That was when I was in college. I love that look.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so I'm a little older than you, so that was that was the look that all the girls had and probably cowboy boots.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, well I was not. I wasn't doing well. So one day I woke up and I had my eye was like completely red pink. I'd like and there was like a bump in it. I was like, my God, and my I had a roommate at the time. I was like, oh my god, it's like kid, it's a sty. It's a stye. You need to go to like an ophthalmologist. So we're all like everybody's you know, it took a village to find me an ophthalmologist, and I go find one in Centry City.
Speaker 1: Somehow.
Speaker 4: I don't think I even had insurance, so God only knows how this all went down. But I go and they're like, yeah, you have a sty. Don't touch anyone, don't look at anyone for like two weeks. Give me these like drops. So I'm parked in Century City, but I've never been to Centry City, so I park in the wrong lot. It's not even like do I not know where I parked? I think I parked in the mall for some reason, but then it was not this was not in the mall. So I mean, not only do I not know where my parking spot is even in Century City mall, it's hard to find your car. This was like the wrong's awful. Yeah, it makes no sense. It's like amaze, like you're in the shining or something. Yes, a glare witch like there is no so but I was in the wrong. So imagine there's like fifty parking structures just in central City. I don't even know which one is mine. I don't know what street I parked on. That kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Oh god, like hours, there's no cell phone. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, we wouldn't have had cell phones yet, there's no way to call, there's no way to get help. So I'm like, sorry, I had to cough. I'm looking for my ma's I can't find it. And then I finally am like I start asking people with my giant sty I'm like, where did I park? And they're like uh or al. I'm like, okay, I just went to this ophthalmologist. Do you know where that is? Like where would that parking structure be? So I finally asked this woman right, and she was like I think I I think I started crying because this is like hours later.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, god, I would have been crying. I would have been crying this second. I was like, I literally don't know.
Speaker 2: My car is so lost. So this woman was kind of nice to me.
Speaker 4: I don't remember her name, but I did that like she was like, okay, calm down, let's take deep breaths, you know, let's retrace her steps. And she didn't help me find my car, but she did say like, what do you do you know? Are you what do you do in la? Like she was trying to call me down. I was like, I'm an actress. I was not, you know, and she goes, well, that's funny. I'm a casting director. So I was like, oh my god, this is my fucking letterman story. Ah, this is my discovery. I got just I just got discovered. So she tells me her name and I like write it down on a receipt real fast, not in for you know, there's no iPhone to write it in. Right.
Speaker 2: I eventually find my car.
Speaker 4: I call my cousin when I get home and I tell and my cousin is very positive. He's just a very like positive thinker, you know. And I was like, this is what just happened. He goes, Okay, this is amazing, this is amazing. Here's what you do you put together? Like the best gift basket, and you were going to send it to her, and you're going to, like say, from the lady with the stye. If ever you know my type, if ever you're looking for this, like here's my here's my head shot right.
Speaker 1: Like funny, like if you're looking for somebody who needs to like lose.
Speaker 4: Their car with a stick like a little bit out of it and curly hair.
Speaker 2: Ethnic is how we used to say it back then.
Speaker 4: If you're looking for a Jewish, I'm your girl, right my cut And he's like, I'll help you pay for it. Let's put together, and he we put together the most elaborate It had like a bottle of wine. It had snacks, it had chocolates, it had nuts, it was it had my end. Then we put my head shot and resume in the middle.
Speaker 2: Right, Uh huh.
Speaker 4: So I have it messengered to this woman who's I cannot believe, I can't remember her name. I have it messengered to her, and I wait a couple of days, I'm like, wow, you know all I.
Speaker 2: Had to do is have a sty like I did it. I love it.
Speaker 4: So I don't hear anything as you might imagine. So he's like, okay, wait a week, call make sure. So I call. I'm like, this is going to be crazy by I send a gift say her name was Christina, Okay, I sent a gift.
Speaker 2: Basket to and they were like, they're like old please.
Speaker 4: They put me on hold for quite some time and then they came back like, yeah, we got it. I said, well did she did you get my headshot?
Speaker 2: And like we got it? And that was it.
Speaker 4: And I never heard from Christina or whatever her name was. I want to say it was Cindy story didn't really pan out except to say that never keep reaching for the stars.
Speaker 1: Never start. I like the fact that you actually said that a little bit wrong, but probably a better message. Never never keep rea reaching for the stars. Like please stop doing stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Never keep doing stuff like that, because it's not a good look.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 4: Cindy was not interested in you as an actress. I mean you were at your work, for sure, you were crying, you had a sty, but you're not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say though that like she might have missed the boat because that's like drama, Like you're a dramatic, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I could have done it. On Q is the problem like I was just I think a mess is the word you're looking for.
Speaker 1: I was a mess. You know. I have never related so hard though, because I have. I I get anxious driving into the parking lot at that Century City mall because it's so expansive, no sense, I think I told you I used to have to go to a we work over there. So for a little while I had this job, this was only a couple of years ago, where I was helping sell something that was like adjacent to Patreon, was called meet and greet. Remember that, Yeah, I met and greet. I had to go a dog. I ad a we work. Yeah, he was paying me to like be a consultant. But the problem was that the we work very far from me, and he liked to do a lot of like in person meetings, and every single time I did it, my heart like might I would feel pain in my chest? Oh sure it was because I'd have to park that The parking lot is such that there's like half levels, so it's not as simple as like you're parked on level one or level two or level three. There's like five or six levels. No, because you could be parked on like level like four and a half, so you get off on level four, but there's a lot of level four and some of it is like above the other one but not quite level five. So you have no idea. You could be lost in that parking lot for days. I no, it's awful, and it all looks exactly the same. So just you can't just take a picture of where you're parked because it all looks exactly the same.
Speaker 4: And there's no one to help. I don't know, like anymore, there used to be people that helped you do things. That does not exist anymore at all. Right, nothing, nobody who would even ask. You could go back into the mall and go to Nordstrom and be like hey, and no they're not going to help you. No, yeah, shit, no they do not give a buck, which, by the way, so I mean, okay, this is a quick little North Trums. I know this is going to shock you, but I had to take some shoes back. I know that is shocking.
Speaker 1: Is it the convert is it the platform? They were terrible.
Speaker 4: There were two sizes too big. I ordered a five and a half. I have small feet. They came and they were like laughably huge. I'm not doing converse, like they're the converse ones with the you know the platform, you know, like you said the big to make you taller. So I got them on. I've done this so many times. I even went to Nordstrum and was trying to get the guy to help me, like all right, can you get close to my side so I can kind of see what I need to order, and he like was not having it. So I do it anyway. I order it last time that's going to happen. The I told you that it came and just like a ripped up bag in a box with a rubber band wrong side. I mean, I was like, this is just out. I took a video of it.
Speaker 1: Was so outrageous.
Speaker 2: So I called Nordstrum and.
Speaker 4: I was like, I guess I careened out, but I was like, listen, I have to return these shoes. This really makes me mount how they came to me. This is you guys are better than this, And now it costs me. I have to Uber to return these shoes that were not as you know, nobody and so this is crazy.
Speaker 2: But north Strum's like, we'll pay for your Uber what my god?
Speaker 4: Yes, they go, well, we're going to credit you twenty bucks and pay for your ruber. I was like, okay, I wasn't even expecting that. I thought that was so nice. So I'm going to give them points for that. So I go back I do. I get to Nordstrum and the guy it's I feel like he was my soulmate.
Speaker 2: He was just adorable. He was my age gen X black guy.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 4: So I go up and I was ready to like be like, well, I have to return these shoes, and I'm kind of mad and I want to show you this video and he goes, girl, he goes, I don't even want to see it. He's like, don't get me started on these idiots in the back, and I go, what do you think is going on? He's like, they don't. Oh ah, yes, And I loved it. I loved like we connected. He's like, they don't care about their work. When he said that, I think he meant like a younger generation. I think we were having a gender we were having to get off my lawn moment. But he's like, yeah, no, people aren't taking pride in their work. He's like, I'm appalled. I'm appalled. And then they were really nice. They were like this other guy walked up and he goes, you don't want those shoes anyway?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So I ended up.
Speaker 4: Getting really cute shoes at Macy's by Steve Madden. End of the moral of the story is I think Macy's is stepping up lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Macy's.
Speaker 2: They're great, it's.
Speaker 4: Clean, everything makes sense. There's people to help you step it up everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope they don't go away because they have really cute stuff.
Speaker 1: They do, and I've always liked this brand.
Speaker 4: I n c oh, yeah, that's a Macy's thing.
Speaker 2: I used to. Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it sort of makes me wonder if it's really sort of like a Cheeko's in disguise. But I don't think it is. You think it is. Is it like the older women?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I think think that's more like Karen. Is it Karen Kane. There's one where like at Norse from Rack, I always see this and I'm like, that's a boxy blazer. I don't think that's for me. That does exist, but I don't know. I think ink is more juniors. No, it's a little thing.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I used to buy a lot of stuff in there. I haven't seen it in a while, but yeah they have. It's it's affordable, super cute.
Speaker 1: When I was doing a TV show and they would bring me wardrobe things that I did not like, I really really liked the wardrobe person. She was very cool, but she was always trying to challenge me to get outside of my comfort zone and I didn't want to.
Speaker 2: Let's do hot pink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you probably would wear oh like a lot of blouses, you know, things that tuck in, and I'd be like, I don't, it's not right. So then I remember I went shopping and I bought a bunch of stuff from I n C and and they paid me back, Like if there was stuff that I chose that they liked on me, then they would just pay me for it, which I which. It was good.
Speaker 2: That is so much about the how fun. Oh my god, I would love I would love that, But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did a lot of My new thing is Madden Girl, which is a junior's brand, but I love it. I bought jeans, you know, well they have they have jeans and shoes, and I bought the cutest you saw these jeans when we went to I think they're the ones I wore when we went to Ronnie's barbecue. Oh, they're like kind of highwaisted flair. They're cute, they're little juniors. And then I bought those are the Madden girl's shoes. I got to They're like very thick. They even have insoles in them to make you taller. I'm like, what is this all about? I found my I found my I found my vibe. I think you guys, I love it. Finally, finally, it's taken a really love for a long time as Laura Ashley and Cowboy Boots, and I'm ready to bring that back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna well, just don't worry.
Speaker 1: Was for a long time for a reason, people, So I wanted to bring something back that we have talked about in a while, which Okay, I've been listening to a lot of yacht rock on my serious XM radio and the other day this song, this song came on. Do you remember the song you don't You don't mess around with Jim I do not. Up Town got its hustlers, the Bowery got its bums for to Second Street got big Jim Walker. He's a pool shooting son of a gun.
Speaker 4: Now, let me ask you a question. Who sings that Jim Crochee. Okay, yeah, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Here's the choruses. You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't sit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off that old lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with Jim who is Jim? Oh m? Okay. So this was the point I heard this song and I was like, this is one of those ones that we need to break, break it down a little bit.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I've got the lyrics in front of me, and so this is about and there's gonna be a twist on this story. Okay, So this isn't this isn't the whole story. Hey, this song was released in nineteen seventy two. All right, so way before your time, right, you were just getting born down that time started just getting started. But up so uptown. Uptown got its hustlers, the Bowery got its bums. So you know, this isn't like a great part of town. And I'm gonna say forty second Street got big Jim Walker. So I'm guessing we're in New York m hm for sure. And he's a pool shooting son of a gun. Okay. Now, he's big and dumb as a man can come. So this is just like a big dumb guy, but he's stronger than a country hoss. And when the bad folks all get together at night, you know, they all call him Big Jim Boss okay, just because and they say, you don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't spit into the wind because that would be bad. You don't pull the mask off that old Loan Ranger. I guess that would make the lone Ranger really mad. He's wearing a mask for a reason, right, not just wearing a mask to wear a mask. He's wearing it because he's trying to hide his identity. So you do not pull the mask off of him. But also all of those things you don't do. But most importantly, you don't mess around with Jim because he's very tough. I don't know if you're understanding this.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like he was. Yeah, he may have had some problems, but it sounds like he's talking about himself.
Speaker 1: I don't think I think Jim Crochey was a little a little bit soft.
Speaker 2: Right, Let's just point out that his name is Jim you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is Jim Walker.
Speaker 2: Oh, he says, Jim Walker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, different person. Oh now I'm looking at a picture. Yeah, yeah, right, he looks like picture.
Speaker 2: That I'm looking at.
Speaker 4: He looks like the guy when I played you the pt Anderson spoof thing. That's what that guy looked like. He was like, I just right, I love it right.
Speaker 1: Well he I don't know if he was gay or not, but he does have like a big mustache.
Speaker 2: I'm in a bottle he did.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's done that classics. Sure, I know I always knew the name. Obviously he's very famous.
Speaker 1: But I did this song operata. Would you help the place this anyway? I'm not going to sing for you guys the whole time, but I'm going to keep going with this for a minute because it's things get crazy. Well, out of South Alabama came a country boy and he said, I'm looking for a man named Jim. I'm a pool shooting boy. My name's Willie McCoy, but down home they call me slim. Yeah, I'm looking for the King of forty second Street. He drive in a drop top Cadillac. Last week he took all my money. And it may sound funny, but I come to get my money back, and everybody say jack uh, don't you know? And then we repeat the chorus. Okay, well, a hush fell over the pool room, Jimmy comes popping in off the street. And when the cutting were done, the only part that wasn't bloody was the soles of the big man's feet. Okay. So the big man is Jim. You don't mess around him. You don't mess around with him, okay. And he was cut up. The only thing that wasn't bloody were the soles of his feet. He was cut in about one hundred places. He was shot in a couple more. You better believe they sung a different kind of story when Jim, when Big Jim hit the.
Speaker 2: Floor, and then they just gone so much right, right, right right.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I don't know what Jim was proachy was writing about, but he had a bone to pick, right like, you don't mess with Chris Jam Okay, Okay, here's the thing that's that's gonna get you. One year later, okay, one year later, nineteen seventy three. Okay, So the Jym song was nineteen seventy two. Now is playing no no, no, no, no, no, okay yet no a song in nineteen seventy three. One year later, he came out with a song called bad Bad Leroy Brown.
Speaker 2: No, I mean absolutely not first song.
Speaker 1: Wait, I've got to read you some of the lyrics to this song, because I cannot believe this has never been pointed out before. And I didn't even realize this except that I'm listening to you don't mess around with Jim, and I was like, God, the song really reminds me of the song bad Bad Lee Roy Brown. It's bad Bad Lee Roy Brown, the baddest man in the whole damn town that which in ol Kaing Kong and meaner then a junkyard dog. These are two totally different songs. So this song one year later, not even ten years later, and by a different artist. This is also Jim Crochee. Here's the lyrics. Well, the South side of Chicago is the baddest part of town. And yes, says I'm going to tell you right now. It's if you go down there, you better just beware of a man named Leroy Brown. Now Leroy more than trouble. You see, he stands about six foot four, as opposed to by the way Jim who you don't tug on Superman's cape. All the downtown ladies call him treetop lover, and the men just call him sir. And it's bad bad Leroy Brown, baddest man in the whole damn town. Badter than old King Kong, Meaner than a junkyard dog. Okay, then there's a whole part about Leroy. He's a gambler. He likes his fancy clothes. He likes to wave his diamond rings in front of everybody's nose. He's got a custom continental, an El Dorado two. He's got a thirty two gun in his pocket for fun, and a razor in his shoe. I don't try to tell you, Cecily, is this man bad bad Lee Roy Bright? He's tough. You don't mess with this guy. Okay, Well, Friday, about a week ago, Leroy shooting dice, and at the edge of a bar sat a girl named Doris, and ooh, that girl looked nice. Well he cast his eyes upon her, and the troubles soon began, and Leroy Brown he learned a lesson about messing with the wife of a jealous man, which basically is saying, like the only place not cut up on him was the soles of his feet. Right, this guy, this so Leroy Brown is the baddest man in the whole damn town, except that one day he looked at another man's girlfriend and.
Speaker 2: The other guy, Jim.
Speaker 1: Does it.
Speaker 2: Come back to Jim. It's fucking better.
Speaker 4: But come back to Jim, because how can they both be the baddest men in the world?
Speaker 1: And that get taken down by somrando? So this so I'm going to skip down. It says, well, the two men took to fight, and when they pulled them from the floor, Leeroy looked like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces.
Speaker 4: Gone. Yeah, so singer I really hate He's really nice.
Speaker 1: But isn't that crazy that he basically wrote the exact same song with.
Speaker 4: But it's said for a different ethnicity. Yeah, yeah, I mean look at the yeah that is I do not know. He's not No, he's not good.
Speaker 1: That's bad. That's very funny. And I've never heard anybody talk about this before. I didn't realize it until I was like, oh, that's you know what Cecily and I haven't done like funny song lyrics in a while. So I'm gonna put in Don't Mess Around with Jim, and then and then I put in the bad Bad Lee Roy Brown, and I'm like, this is the exact same song and it's by the same person.
Speaker 4: I mean, the picture of him and hearing all this, I mean, this is exact thing that like would be spoofed in documentary. Now this is this is like Fred Armison and Bill Hayter's dream and the fact I think they did exactly spoof him, like with the mustache and the whole thing, and he's kind of lyrics like they did this. They made fun of a lot of like remember their seventies banned one fucking brilliant.
Speaker 1: I just so, I just looked up. I just put in into Google Bad Bad Lee Roy Brown versus Don't Mess Around with Jim, and AI told me Bad Bad Lee Roy Brown versus You Don't Mess Around With Jim is a hypothetical battle between the two characters from the Jim Crochee songs, and there's no definitive winner. However, if considering the feats described, Leroy Brown is the more formidable opponent due to his carrying a gun and a race. Well. Jim is strong, but lacks weapons and ultimately loses a brutal fight. Other arguments suggest Leroy is the baddest due to his direct comparisons to King Kong, but Jim's loss is the more devastating. In the lyrics, Oh my god, isn't that funny?
Speaker 2: I can't that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll leave you with that.
Speaker 4: I well, before we go, actually, yeah, I'll probably talk about Okay, we're going to talk about Hers for Hers, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to tell you something. I have been a little bit obsessed with these weight loss medications. They're all over my feed and I did a deep dive, and it does seem like the for Hers company does the best job.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, I have quite a few friends that have used this and like results immediately, but also very healthy results. Yes, you know, like that's the thing that we like about them.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. These are the GLP one injectable options, and you can get the oral medications starting at just sixty nine a month if you do a ten month plan when paid upfront in full, which is a very good price. And I'm telling you I've looked into this. So whether you want to lose weight, grow thicker, fuller, hair or find relief for anxiety. Hers has you covered. Visit for hers dot com slash rose pricks to get a personalized, affordable plan that gets you. That's f O r h e rs dot com slash rosepricks. For hers dot com slash rosepricks. And also, should we say hello to our favorite people?
Speaker 4: We absolutely say hello to Carolyn Basti, Silvano, Jemetti, Sandra Green, Collette Rock, Patrick Price.
Speaker 1: Julie Turnbull, who's in my writing class. I love her so much.
Speaker 4: The Victoria Blake, Andrea Crawford, Dick Dicky f I'm gonna say Jean Kerrie Mahler.
Speaker 1: Karen Johnson Watson and Jacqueline Bellick and Victoria Blake and Jill Shaw and Athenagin Shirt and Sean Price and Kate Donado Hey.
Speaker 4: Yes, and our friend no Becky Barris. She's been with us since literally day one. She makes custom T shirts. She makes T shirts that you design or T shirts that she designs, which you can like look at. We each have like quite a few of them. They wear so well, they're so soft, affordable, and they make such fun gifts. We're getting into holiday season already. You want to if you're doing like a group thing, like any kind of bachelor.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 4: I cannot recommend this more. I swear to you can get your names put on the back. She is the best and she will come through. So look at her Facebook page Basic Becky or her website just base it Becky dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes. And also our girl Randy Mayames, lets us do a shout for a charity. So be like Randy may Ames and figure out a charity that you like. I love the ACLU for everything that's going on in our country right now. The ACLU is out there on the front lines fighting the good fight. And I know Randy would back you if you wanted to drop them like a little money.
Speaker 4: Yes, and or choose the charity of your choice. But again, do like her. Whatever she does, let's do it because it's great. Like Randy, we love you. We guys, thank you, We love you. We thank you. I don't think we have anything to be sorry for, not really, kay. I mean I think that Jim Croche does is a lot to Jesus. Bye all right, bye bye