Speaker 1: A road victory for the Kansas Basketball Jayhawks. Don't look at who it came against. Don't look at the score, don't look at how many shots the guards made. Please don't do that. But it was a road win nonetheless for the Kansas Basketball Jayhawks. And you guys only had to stay up halfway until your normal wake up time the next day to watch it.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: Hey two and oh. In twenty twenty five season B, baby is.
Speaker 1: Testament Kim, I'm about to give you the floor to talk all about that. But yes, so I want to give Cam some flowers. We opened the show up with some congratulations because on the ITP All Time Attendance Leaderboard rankings, Cam, you have now moved into sixth place all time. Wow, with twenty seven ITPS after today. Congratulations, he passed Tyler who twenty six on season one. You have a whase to go now you are ninety three shows behind Josh who is in fifth place. So it's got a few more RON losses.
Speaker 3: September of twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 1: That sounds about right, Yeah, it'll be Yeah, you need to get into late in your fourth season to pass Josh. But for now, Cam sixth place we're number six.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I feel like perennially I should remain in sixth place, just based off of my contributions to society.
Speaker 1: Number one on all of our hearts, number one in our hearts, especially after I'm not gonna get here. I'm not This is ip. I'm Ryan Landreth. Go ahead, after Landon, say your name so Cam can can read this intro blurb.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm I'm Landing Fields and.
Speaker 4: I'm a biblical scholar speaking of the Bible. The hashtag New Testament Hawks. We are starting new season the Old Testament.
Speaker 2: They're back.
Speaker 4: The Old Testament was prior to the U Tall loss. They're led by supposed Savior David Koit as it was prophesied in the Year of Our Lord twenty five. The Kansas basketball Jayhawks faced many trials and tribulations. Early on in the year, a great play took away all of their basketball ability space jam style and still gave me full blown diarrhea while watching the team play. Despite this, most of the guys have regained some form of skill, aside from aj Store and Zach Clements, who hurt himself while allegedly banging a girl. Alas comes a new opportunity a new season. The New Testament Jayhawks are led by David Koit, who hopes to not lose an embarrassing fashion the New Tournament Arahawks. Excuse me, the New Testament era Hawks are bound to still get boat raced in the round of thirty two, but we at least have a positive angle welcome back.
Speaker 1: We do. David Quit would have been so tall in the Old Testament, like he would have been the tall he would have been the Wilt Chamberlain of pre BC times.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's even true. He's like five s he would not have been at all.
Speaker 2: How tall was his Testament?
Speaker 3: How tall is Jesus?
Speaker 1: According to Google AI, Jesus was somewhere between five feet and five feet six. Okay, that's no help. That is literally one hundred percent of the available sample size back in the year three four seven, and the five foot one is the estimated height of Jesus. Wow, he was a short little dude. He could absolutely David Quit would have been an all star back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I just see George Macon.
Speaker 4: Yeah me me pretty wild wild times.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of wild times, Kansas played a basketball game at ten PM, which for everybody besides me. That sucked. I don't mind it. We're on the night shift schedule in this house, so eleven o'clock is right around the time we eat dinner. I have a wife that works overnight a hospitals. Uh, so we're normally doing chores and stuff at midnight. So this was just, oh, hey, at halftime of the game, could you help me make some dinner? And in you guys's case, that probably wasn't nearly the same. You guys somehow stayed up for all of it.
Speaker 3: Though I was very sleepy at halftime, partly because of the time, partly because of the basketball.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, yeah that, Yeah, the style of game didn't help Cam. As someone who has to wake up at the normal like between five thirty and six every day that most eight to five Americans have to do, I can't imagine that you were too thrilled at eleven thirty, two hours past what time you should be going to bed, watching everybody but Hunter Dickinson fail at trying to help Kansas pull away in that game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's two things I want to take away here. A Number one, Ryan is a human embodiment of that Patrick Star meme where he's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh boy, two am.
Speaker 4: And he's a cheese burner. That's him literally every night. Also, secondly, I literally fell asleep during the second half, and the only way that I knew the game was over was I got a text from our group chat and it was Ryan saying something like They're gonna blow this, aren't they? And then I fell asleep, woke back up and it was like, hey, they covered.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, all right, I think.
Speaker 1: Land and we've we They've reached an insane moment where I think in the second half of this game, Landon was more optimistic on the twenty twenty five Jayhawks than I was. I think that.
Speaker 3: Happened for a second. It was very strange, like an out of body experience. But yes, there was a few texts where that was.
Speaker 1: And then you looked then you looked at the box score and saw the guards made how many shots?
Speaker 3: That would be six?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: I can count it on one hand and one extra finger.
Speaker 4: Wow, that was actually six. I just threw that numb yes there, yes, no, yes, it was six.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know Hunter made a lot of them and he's not a guard, So we'll talk about it, all right, Kansas scored what did they score? One hundred and forty two points in two games against Colorado this year and they got two wins. Here we go Bay Kansas seventy one, Colorado sixty four. Yeah, it was basically the game we thought. But you know what they say, boys, good teams win, great teams cover. Well, that is not one but two wins hallowed by not one but two covers for the Kansas Jayhawks. Cam, you've been on a heater with sports gambling recently, but I don't believe this game was you're oh, that's true. I gotta allegedly you've been on a heater recently, but you didn't wage any dollars on Kansas beating Colorado.
Speaker 4: No, the irony of it is I might have allegedly wagered on the over, which did not hit.
Speaker 2: So that's okay. What was over over?
Speaker 1: What was the Yeah, Kansas Colorado? There's was like one thirty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I was one of my buddies is like I kind of like the over and he doesn't know anything about Kansas, and I was like, I agree, and then I just clicked on a button and five dollars.
Speaker 1: And survey says.
Speaker 4: No, I's legitimately what happened.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look it up Landon. What would you have bet the over under in this game? Was I know what it was, I would have probably said like one thirty and that's probably high.
Speaker 2: Nope, like.
Speaker 3: I think I bet it was, said it like one five or something winning basically three.
Speaker 1: Why would they assume that there'd be one hundred and forty three points scored in this game?
Speaker 2: Both teams aren't that good. They play good.
Speaker 1: Team screams high ten o god, and I would be willing to bet because Vegas is Vegas. More people bet on the over than the under, and that's they knew exactly what they were doing. That is that is insane. Well, anyway, here's the game story for those of you who went to bed at some point between tip off and the end of the game. The Jayhawks and their white jerseys please stop doing that. I've seen more games this year where road teams have been in the white jerseys. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Anyway, the white wearing Jayhawks led by multiple scores for almost the whole first half. They got off to a great start. We thought, here they come, They're gonna roll. They made their first six shots. They led by as many as ten in the first half. They took just a five point lead into the break. Colorado hung around in the second half. They did take a brief lead early in the second half at forty to thirty nine. But the Buffalo is as this is Landon's words, which I would normally the phrase is Landon's words, not mine, but Landon's words may as well be mine, because we all know the Colorado Buffaloes are indeed a bad basketball team that never really felt like they were a threat to pull this off. I believe it was Carrington Harrison on Twitter that said, in order to get this done, you have to be somewhat organized and Colorado he said, there's no way they're just gonna go long enough without making mistakes to do this. That was the correct take. They eventually lost by seven to Kansas, who, as we said, covered the spread. Yay, all right, here's my question to you, guys. Do you feel better, worse, or exactly the same about the now and O Jayhawks. Now they get them to Jayhawks right before the game started, exactly the same? Okay, all right, which is slightly more optimistic than you were a week ago. But still well aware of the problems.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, high floor, low ceiling is what I'm back to, and I'm sticking to it for now.
Speaker 1: Cam what it say you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly the same. They're good at times and so inconsistent that I have a very strong feeling they will lose an embarrassing fashion in the round of thirty two.
Speaker 3: I said high floor, low ceiling. I meant high ceiling, low floor. High floor implies that you don't lose by a lot high seiling the.
Speaker 4: Team, what team would be the high floor low ceiling.
Speaker 1: Like literally every one of tom Izzo's teams that don't make the final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess pretty much.
Speaker 1: They're a six seed. You know they're gonna win two tournament games, and you know they're not going past the final four. It's all in that sandwich of a somewhere in the second weekend, probably while wearing the green jerseys that's tom Izzo every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: In this game, it feels really weird. Like, Okay, so here's the thing. It was ugly to watch. I could go either way. I could get on here and say they covered on the road. I don't care who was against. We haven't seen them win a road game in over a month, and you know, they seem to be really buying into this new season thing. They've opened. They they've set the table for themselves to have a nice close to the year. We know that this team's goal was to win four or five to down the stretch. To win four or five, you got to get the first two. Whenever they're against the two worst teams are gonna play. They got it done. Check check. I could say hooray. I could also say they still the problems we knew were there, which I think this game should forever put to bed. Anybody that says Hunter Dickinson is anywhere in the top ten problems that this team has. The problems are the consistency of the shooters and going long blips or long spurts without without consistently getting shots. They there was a moment that really epitomized the old testament Jayhawks, if you will, when Zeke Mayo just flat out dropped the ball out of bounce when he was trying to set up and shoot for a turnover. Yes, yeah, they make a lot of mistakes. They also I think that there I think that their record, at least these last few weeks is gonna look like they're playing better.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My reaction this was shrug. It was also much later in the day where the twitter, the Twitter mentions and the the uh, what's the what's the word whenever you engage the Twitter engagements. The Twitter engagements were much less than normal because everybody clearly just went to bad.
Speaker 2: Nobody cared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also that it was it was just a very uninteresting game.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna rank more answers at Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which sucks that they're unranked, but if they beat Tech, I think they'll be right back in it. I'm gonna say we saw them do something they haven't done in a month, which has went on the road, and they seem to be bought into this new season thing. So I'm gonna say step forward, albeit not one that makes you say, all right, let's check those second second weekend tournament sites. Where are we going that weekend to watch our Jayhawks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think that's fair. I mean obvious they haven't won on the road in a while. It's still not overly encouraging that. And I know the new season and all that, but their last like three wins are Colorado Oklahoma State, Colorado. That doesn't exactly right, true, Yeah, with a large sense of confidence.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of who they beaten since.
Speaker 4: This is like a Siowa State. Yeah, that's it's not good. Can you guys imagine if you were told at the start of October that the season would be going so poorly that they would have to reinvent a new season just about things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, teams that are preseason number one and coasting. We never heard any of the Frank Mason DeVante Graham teams having to start new seasons halfway through. That's a good point. Let me read to you Kansas's wins.
Speaker 3: Just take it, do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is bad, since Duke, here's Kansas's wins. There are thirteen of them, Furman, North Carolina State, Brown, UCF, Arizona State, Cincinnati, k State, TCU UCF, Iowa State, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Colorado. There is one tournament team in there and they are actively free falling, which is Iowa State.
Speaker 2: That's really so well.
Speaker 3: For the last three games, guys, right, and.
Speaker 1: The next three games are bing bing bing Texas Tech, Houston, Arizona ranked teams. Two of them are at home. That helps you expect. I mean it would be it would be unforeseen if they lose all three. Considering two are at Allen Field House, you're expecting at least one. I think two is the number if you had a gun in your head and you had to predict what's their record. I think we're staying two in one just because there they win so frequently at home. Right two and one feels like the most likely option. One will be kind of comfortable by eight to ten and another will be as sweated out down to the last possession side of game.
Speaker 3: I would agree with that. But tex health is a big question as well going into this game. Obviously we'll get to that later, but I I really I need to see it. I love the idea of the new season. Obviously, they ran Oklahoma State off the floor. A road win where you cover against anybody is cool. That's good. That's a step in the right direction, especially off you know, three straight road losses, or Fortate.
Speaker 1: Maybeat Colorado and Boulder by more than Houston did. Like Colorado's bad, but Colorado has They've won two of three, and they've played like they almost beat Iowa State, they almost beat Houston, like they've played team it's a road game out of Power five arena, Like, it's not a layup.
Speaker 3: No, it's not, it's not. But it is a lot different than Tech Houston Arizona for three straight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure. God if they had beaten Houston at home, I think all this feels so different because then, like then they're like solidly in like fourth place. Right now, the record feels a lot better. Four seed.
Speaker 3: Say they beat Houston, which would be good. But even if they beat Houston the rest, if the rest of the season went the same way after Houston, that's still Elda Baylor. Yeah, you beat Iowa State, Elda k State, You play the sleepiest win ever against Colorado Utah byu LL and then yeah, okay, smash with Oklahoma State. Then you play the second sleepiest win ever against Colorado.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't necessarily make me feel better about the way they're playing now, but at least if I read all their wins since Thanksgiving, there'd be one in there that mays, go, hey, that one was good.
Speaker 3: That is true. I can't argue with that. You are right about that. I don't know if that means a lot, but you are right.
Speaker 1: And one thing, Cam that's weird is It's Kansas has had obviously great regular seasons and lackluster ones. But one thing that this team is never strapped for is quality wins. Usually at the end of the year, we're always saying, well, they beat these four ranked teams at home. Like this year, it's they are seven and zero now against the bottom five teams in the Big twelve, and that would make them three and seven against the top half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is kind of concerning.
Speaker 4: Usually It's Kansas has like twenty quad one wins and then they somehow get the last one seed, thinks Chris Reynolds.
Speaker 2: But not a great feeling. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm you guys have pretty much talked me out of any hope in the last minutes.
Speaker 3: Let's good.
Speaker 1: Well here, let me let me talk you back into some hope. Because Hunter Dickinson I so okay. Hunter Dickinson, he was unstoppable. Thirty two points, a career high as a Jayhawk, won off his career career high, which he did at Michigan. Thirteen rebounds, thirteen of eighteen from the floor in thirty three minutes, Colorado with no answer for him. He scored in every way that he could threw a couple of dunks down and had another coast to coast basket. Yeah, two double triple teamed all night. It didn't matter. He was sensational. All I'm gonna say about Dickinson because I think it's KU tweets and News and Rock Chuck Blog are the two most consistent Hunter Dickinson defenders on Twitter of the major KU accounts, And I think that the reason. You know, I'm not married to Hunter Dickinson. It's not like I'm actively in love with this player that I just can't say any thing bad about. But I guess the thing that I don't understand for the players who don't like Dickinson is whenever he scores sixteen and they lose to BYU buy one hundred, and people say, well he scored sixteen, they lost by thirty, It doesn't matter. Then who else would you like to get the sixteen? Because if you take those off, they lose by fifty. And when they win on the road by seven and he scores thirty two and people say, oh, well he's seven too, I mean he should be getting those numbers. You are dramatically underestimating the difficulty that it is for any player to put up these sort of numbers and not in a night out while getting double triple teams. And I'm just saying he doesn't have to be your cup of tea. You can think that there's better teams without him, and you can think that the stats, to a certain extent don't always tell the story of how well a player plays. But if you take Hunter Dickinson off this team, they ain't sniffing the NCAAs. He's the team's best player.
Speaker 4: By The problem, though, I think that's the problem, is that you've built a roster around a seven foot two center that's not very athletic, and he's an All American.
Speaker 1: He's going to be an All American for thee yeah the time this year's that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: And he's he's a very good basketball player. And I'm not saying he is a problem, because he is not the problem for Kansas, nor is he really a problem. But when you build a team around a seven foot two center in modern college basketball and you can't shoot three pointers, you don't play the guys that can shoot three pointers, and when they play, they can't shoot, it won't matter. He's going to average sixteen to ten and the team won't do anything.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think that's a fair way to summarize it. That building a team around a center regardless of how they do statistically isn't a good idea. I agree with that.
Speaker 2: But he needs like perfect fits around him though. But I do think yes.
Speaker 1: And that's true for any center that's not you know, freaking Zion or somebody like. That's right exactly, but like, here's the thing, and also Anthony Davis look at the team around him, by the way, that helped. If you put Hunter Dickinson on that Kentucky team, he would have won. The naysmith like, Dickinson isn't anywhere close to the ten biggest problems with this team, and I think that if we put different pieces around him, there would be zero complaints about him at all. Any complaints about Dickinson from the fan base are directly tied to the disappointment that's around him and him not being able to do this thirty two and thirteen every night to save them. Because even a good Hunter Dickinson game here and they lose.
Speaker 2: They like that.
Speaker 1: The criticism has been he hasn't stepped up and made the consequential shots when they really need him. I posted that against Iowa State whenever they fell behind in the first half, they need their seven foot center they're all American to lead them back. He didn't do it. He hasn't consistently throughout his Kansas career. He did in this game, and it was good to see Landon. I'm sure that's more or less how you feel about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we've had a lot of nuanced Hunter Dickinson conversation this season. He obviously was brilliant in this game. I wrote the notes, so I do think he was sensational. Agree with myself from three hours ago or whenever I wrote this, Yeah, he was great. He was great. I do think that. Again, I think people would complain about him because he is so bad on defense mostly like or he has enough flaws on defense that people would still complain regardless even if he was on a very good team. But yes, like, I fully have agreed with the statement all the year that he is not among the like really ten biggest problems. I also agree with the idea that, yeah, if you placed a better, more coherent roster around him, that the team wouldn't be quite this way. And they'd be better. I mean, I also think a sad player. Like I've said, he sets an incredible floor and in games like this he won the game. No one else was good.
Speaker 1: That people said he doesn't do dun't clutch time, baskets, hustle plays like yeah, and like there were still people after the game that said, you know all they got out rebounded by a lot, which they did. Dickinson's got to be better. He had like what what did Kansas have if you take his number that they have twenty rebounds if you take his out, I don't think they can. They had like seven. Yeah, there you go, like the grass is not. Next year Kansas will be a better team than they are this year. They will win more games, and the thought of they miss Hunter Dickinson will be crazy. But when they lose, you're going to notice that you don't have the seventeen and ten walking bucket inside. And I think he's underappreciated and it's based on how he's double teamed. I think the fact that he gets the seventeen and ten a night is a miracle. Okay, Cam tell me about kJ We got to talk about rebounds, which was the main reason to be pessimistic in this game. It kind of I think kJ played well, but he was a part of the reason that they were so bad on the glass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kJ Adams had fifteen points and seven for twelve shooting, which was crucial since no one else is scoring other than Hunter. He also traded ridiculous dunks with Bang God Dak. Yeah, a few possessions apart. However, he only had two rebounds, one assist, and went one for four at the free throw line. Florida Baduna did not attempt a field goal in just fourteen minutes, but had four boards, three blocks, and three steals. He also did have three fouls and two turnovers as.
Speaker 1: Well, So Landon, this was a really hard line to walk because kJ Adams scored a lot in the first half and then he went through like a ten minute stretch where he did nothing but get ripped on the glass, and then he closed strong. And I think the way that we look at kJ is you have to rebound or you have to score. As long as you're doing one of those things while playing power forward, you can live with the other. I know Kansas got shredded on the glass, but I'll take his fifteen points and take the l on the glass if that's the way it's gonna be against this team. But you notice it when he's not doing either. And I said on Twitter, I can't believe they're not playing Floory more because rebounding was the problem. But if kJ is gonna score like that, I think you'll live with it. I think he played well despite not rebounding.
Speaker 3: Yes, I very much agree. I agree with the Flory take in general, but because Canas was struggling to score outside of one player so desperately, I think kJ was necessary because he really was the only guy that found any consistent offense other than Hunter Dickinson, which is kind of an insane statement. So I think he had to play. He did play well. Yeah, like you said, open the game really hot, closed the game really well, made some plays. But let's talk about the rebounding here, because it was real problem. Despite kJ having a genuinely good outing for the most part, Kansas was outrebounded forty six to thirty one. They gave up eighteen offensive boards. I did a little Basketball Reference googling this afternoon to find this stat good website that Basketball Reference that is the most offensive rebounds they've given up in any game since the national title against North Carolina, where the tar Heels got twenty offensive boards, and it ties the most they've given up in a conference game since March first of the same season against TCU, where they gave up eighteen two of the most memorable ips of all time. And like I say, here the notes, no coinciense, and I put this under kj's blurb. He only got two boards and that has been a point of contentional year. But so really bad outing on the glass didn't matter. They won. They actually went too and one in those games where they gave up eighteen or more offensive rebounds, oddly enough, but nonetheless bad showing on the glass. Really the only reason was close for the most part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cam, I think that. I it depends on the opponent, right, Like North Carolina could score the ball a lot better, so those offensive rebounds win a lot further than they did against Colorado. Like I'm okay with Colorado getting a glass advantage if Kj's gonna score, because in my head, I know if I get to seventy against this team, I'm gonna win. So if kJ is gonna give me fifteen points, and I know Hunter's gonna do his thing. Then I was gonna say, then you only need like twenty five points from the guards, which I don't even know if they got. I don't think they did. I think they got twenty three if that math is correct, might be twenty four. So like, but I think if your bill self, I think he knew. Okay, if I take kJ out, will be a little better on the glass, and we'll score for this game a lot less. But if I keep kJ in there, we're gonna give up some offensive looks or some offensive rebounds. But Colorado can't throw it in the ocean, and Kj's scoring. So I'm gonna roll with kJ, and I think he made the right choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right choice.
Speaker 4: I mean kJ is tough because obviously he's kind of a we'll call him a jack of all trades, but he's really not because he cannot rebound and he can only score from about fifteen feet. And in however, he does do things that are not always in the box score. And in a game like that, yeah, he played a role and he put up some numbers at least on the point side, which is nice.
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 4: In Kansas's inevitable NCAA tournament loss, I guarantee you he will be playing thirty plus minutes with one rebound and Florida will be riding the bench while Kansas gets blitzed on the offensive glass.
Speaker 2: I will call that right.
Speaker 1: Now, and let's look at the Let's look at the facts here. So Kansas nationally is a top forty rebounding team. They are the second best rebounding team in the Big Twelve, and they are number one out of sixteen Big Twelve teams in defense rebounds per game. So the offensive glass that Colorado had was a problem in this game, it's not a problem in the season. This is the equivalent of that twenty eighteen Kansas team having a bad night shooting threes. It's something that they're very good at that they had a bad night. Colorado is more athletic, and they're taller than most teams in this conference. And the altitude, I think you have to say played a role. Kansas was clearly very tired whenever they were getting blitzed on the glass. For the season, Kansas's opponents are just looking at the numbers here. Their opponents are outside the top one outside. I cannot read a thing at all. Kansas's opponents are outside the top two hundred and offensive rebounds per game against them. So this has not been a problem all year. Landon, I know it was bad, but just based on those numbers, they're the number one defensive rebounding team in the Big twelve, and I know Hunter carries a lot of that load, but I don't think this is something that I'm real concerned about. It's like if they had turned it over twenty times, I'm like, yeah, that's out of character for this team. Probably won't be a problem again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that is very true. They haven't. Weirdly enough, they haven't really struggled with rebounding. And actually I've gone back and looked at like previous seasons statistically, and the team lines up fairly similarly in their in their top handful of rebounders to almost every other Like recent season, it's pretty close, pretty comparable.
Speaker 1: Number one guy is carrying more of the slack than than a normal The gap between the five man and the four man is bigger. You're used to those two getting you about seventeen rebounds a game, but it's Hunder getting eleven and kJ getting.
Speaker 3: Five, right and sneakily. Zeke Mayo is also averaging like five a game, So he's picked up a little bit of slack there. He's he's having a pretty good rebounding season. I would agree, just weird.
Speaker 1: Bad night offense or offense. I was gonna say white guy of the game, which we I feel like we've the recaps this year have been filled with other things, like complaining about how they're losing all these damn games. So we haven't done a lot of white guy in the game segments this year. But there was one here andre Yakimovski or as Cam like jak there you go, went two for five from three.
Speaker 2: Spank them off.
Speaker 1: He I don't want to do that. Not only anybody in this game wanted to do that. But you know is it is a Sebastian Rankik, the guy whose neck is whiter than his head. And I was like, oh, that guy's absolutely making like four threes and he didn't. It was shocking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not really an inspiring effort from Colorado though. I put Andre in there just for fun, but not like they really did anything, to be honest.
Speaker 1: No, Landon in the Grand Scheme, Go ahead, Cam.
Speaker 4: In the Grand Scheme of in the Grand Scheme of Unfortunate Names, like if you had to mount rushmore of unfortunate names, where does Yakimovski stand? Is it right next to Moe Lester? Could it be near Anita Blow Molade.
Speaker 1: Or first name, last name, cist. Yes, Wait a minute, sir, I love me a good cahoot name. Like, here's a legitimate ass. But I have never heard Anita Blow Meloade.
Speaker 2: That's a legitimate person. You can look this up.
Speaker 4: I know this for a fact because I looked this up one time. There was in Anita Blowmeloade that lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: I saw Act of the Night right there.
Speaker 1: One time, I was sitting at the Today, a cafe based on the Today Show at Universal Studios, and they were interviewing a Canadian man by the name of Donald Trump, and he just had a very he he had a name of another person that some people may have heard of, and they were talking about like what is that like when you go to the DMV and they're like, Donald Trump window number three please. And I would rather be named Donald Trump, I think than Jackimofski. Yeah, Anita B or Anita B for that.
Speaker 4: You're a kid at my school named William Williams.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, the the Center for Texas Tech is named what did we say it was? Where? Where is it here?
Speaker 2: At first?
Speaker 3: Like Frederico Frederico or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the state and uh was was Kansas State Center too? So I am a I do a lot of door Dash and Uber Eats deliveries, and I've done thousands of these, so they're all these different names, and I have yet to have a really fun name. I just really would like a cahoot name that I have to go into the restaurant and say, this is my order. The best one I had is Big Daddy, and I had to be like, I'm here for Big Daddy. But you know I I would love to have Anita be like like somebody, Yeah, there's They've done some really good Saturday Night Live skits about that. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Is it time for some guard play?
Speaker 1: All right, let me preface it with this land and tell me about him.
Speaker 3: The guards made six This is not a joke at the top of the show. This is very real. The guards made six combined field goals, which, for those keeping track or uneducated in the sport, sucks out loud, very bad. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not great.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some of those guards here. We'll start with I guess the best one. Ryland Griffin went one for five from the floor, one for four from three. He did go seven of ten at the free throw line random ten free throw attempts to finish with ten points in thirty two minutes. I think you take that. Anytime you get double digit points from Griffin, you're fine with it. He added four assists, two rebounds, in a couple of blocks. He can continues to contribute, as Lamon said, when his shot isn't falling. One of the best developments of the second half of the year, and there haven't been very many. As Bill self has realized, I gotta play Ryland Griffin twenty six to thirty minutes a game, and he's using him more and Kansas is better. Shockingly, Okay, Cam, tell me about everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dewana Harris went two for four from the field. He had four points and five assists in thirty four minutes. Zeke Mayo had a full and confusing stat line. In thirty minutes. He had just four points and one for five shooting, but he had to have four rebounds, four assists, and two steals. However, he turned the ball over twice in three fouls without making a three weird game from Zeke our Lord and Savior in the New Testament, Diggy Koy continues to be an excellent role piece, with all of five shots coming from behind the arc and making two of them, just as it was written in Revelations. He had six points, a rebound, and assists and a steal in sixteen minutes. Aj Stores still is not.
Speaker 2: Returned from the plague he went over for eight minutes because he does suck.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: This plague was COVID in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Here's my takeaway from all that. Dwan Harris did nothing for like thirty minutes over the middle of the game, and I posted on Twitter he is gonna have to make a play for them to win this game. And he threw a really really good law pass the Hunter Dickinson that finished off one of the baskets that ended Colorado. Zeke Mayo. I don't know if there's a path for Kansas to score seventy five points. If Zeke Mayo is held in single digits, like when he's off, the offense has no chance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much like they're ceiling lowers by about ten points easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Like that's one where like that's one where people are like, if you take Hunnor away, where do the points come from? We should be sacking about Zeke Mayo doing that because when Zeke Mayo goes from fifteen to five points, Kansas literally scores ten fewer points. There is no one that can make up for them.
Speaker 3: Correct and which which really is gonna be awesome? When Zeke goes two for twelve from the floor, zero for seven from three in the tournament loss.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's come number four Kansas.
Speaker 3: Number five Mao combined for four made shots, and they were the only four made shots of the second half.
Speaker 1: Villanova made more threes in the first four minutes than Kansas did in the game. Where have I seen this before?
Speaker 4: ILLINOI didn't score for twelve minutes in the second half and Kansas didn't cut the deficit.
Speaker 3: AJ Store played twenty five minutes and turned the ball over twenty five times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of myself, look confused on the sideline.
Speaker 1: Here's your AJ store blurb here in seventeen league games, which is about a full conference late in the regular SPIG twelve seasons, AJ Store has thirty one makes and sixty misses. That is thirty one for ninety one, that is thirty four percent. He is eight for thirty nine from three, which is twenty one percent. Reading investment, guys, and also nine assists to fifteen turnovers. If you wanted one more stat just to make it worse, I did some research on Daddy. I like that you can. We might we may keep that nickname here on the show as long as I'm at the top of the ITP leaderboard. That might be why I go by. I want you guys to guess. I looked up some really bad Kansas seasons in the past. What do you think Charlie Moore shot in conference play for the Jayhawks from thirty four? Yes, from the field camsas thirty four.
Speaker 3: Like thirty six.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is so so much worse than that. Charlie in twenty nineteen was thirteen for fifty five, which is twenty four percent. And uh, but even Charlie Moore had to assists for every turnover that he had. Like aj Store is not as bad on offense as Charlie Moore was, but he's like there's not a single thing that he's good at. He missed the freaking alley oop slam in this game. He just went through his hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was truely, you know, in the Old Testament in Jayhawks, you'd get stoned for having that style line.
Speaker 1: If we're keeping with Old Testament characters, who is Hunter Dickinson as Hunter Dickinson king herod because everybody hates him.
Speaker 3: But had actual upside? Aaron was a New Testament character, mind you.
Speaker 1: Well, Cam just said revelations and reference to David Koit being the Old Testament Hawks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not exactly intelligent.
Speaker 2: Nor am I biblical?
Speaker 3: Was the promised one to come in the New.
Speaker 2: Yes? Correct?
Speaker 4: In the Old Testament they spoke of one to come that Charlie Moore would not be worthy of carrying his sandals, and that was David.
Speaker 1: In the Old Thought.
Speaker 3: There's often like every character in the Old Testament or like main character that you follow is like pretty decent for a minute, but has like at least one or more devastating flaws and that's like on purpose. Yeah, that is Hunter Dickinson. So Hunter Dickinson is like King David, where King David pretty good, pretty cool, led the people some great stuff, also loved some violence and boy, did he sleep with some women and killed that guy?
Speaker 1: That that's I was gonna say that the person that I remember hearing about in the Old Testament that just had like a dozen wives with Solomon, who also did some good day thousand, oh good Lord. So maybe that's hundred Dickinson mostly good, but wow, that one thing that's not great. It's bad, folks.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's fair, it's a good take.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, but Joseph is clearly Uh Florrie Badunga who god a ka everybody else it's like, Nope, gets your ass out of here. I'm gonna make it look like you died. I don't care how successful you are at your next place. Nope. And then all Judah and all of the Jacobs, all of Jacob's other sons, that is kJ Adams.
Speaker 3: That's a really good one.
Speaker 2: I like that pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's actually welcome to inside the Psalms here on Rock Schalk Blog Radio. Is that can we do that?
Speaker 4: It would be I T p frand for Shill is just legitimately the anti christ.
Speaker 1: I feel like that Cam would go on a Christian mingole dating website and make his profile.
Speaker 2: I had a body they got le.
Speaker 1: How is that even really?
Speaker 5: Well, there's many can I say? I just mean, I mean he made his user name slaying Hose for Jesus.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you told.
Speaker 3: Us well for that is crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would fit in the Old Testament. We can't ban him from from Christian mingle if like half of the Old Testament characters did the same thing.
Speaker 2: Man, No, you can, you can.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 2: You can definitely ban him for that one.
Speaker 1: Well, uh kay, you did not exactly slay the offensive numbers in this game, because they were forty nine percent from the floor, twenty three percent from three, and fifty seven percent at the line. Bad, stinky, gross, All of those things I need, Like the fog horn sound effect that's like when something's bad. Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that a?
Speaker 1: Is this it? Nope? Not that one. Oh the SpongeBob one. That's what I want. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's the one I'm thinking of. I'm there. That's the noise that's this offense sucks. But hey, they won. I don't care how it happened. They won a road game, they won two in a row. They knew Testament. Jayhawks are two and oh on the season, getting ready to face their biggest trial. What's the first big chest that an Old Testament character faces landing? Is it? Uh?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: It's probably Adam whenever he was like should I eat this apple?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's those Bills. That's the first big test. You might say the flood is the next one is Texas the flood.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, Colorado can be the can be the apple one, and this is the flood. Here comes great.
Speaker 4: Bill Soft was given If Bill Soft was given keys to an arc and they're like, hey, dude, like you can take pretty much everyone, but you can't take everyone. He would take all of kJ Adams and then ship everyone off the boat, just lock the doors. It'd be Bill and kJ riding high and that would be the end.
Speaker 1: Of it, and there'd be no rebounds to be had on that boat. But wow, would kJ slap that door whenever he slams it shut? And everybody else slap that man? Good good segment. That got way more philosophical than I ever thought it would. But hey, we needed to fill something in those forty minutes talking about Kansas and Colorado. New Year, New Testay, Big twelve Games, and I think we just may have a new segment on the show Big Twelve Games, written by Cam. Cam wrote these, gamery.
Speaker 2: Mis understood, baby.
Speaker 1: So if we say something that makes you go oh my gosh to your child sitting in the backseat, I'm so sorry you had to hear that. It is allegedly Cam's fault and not ours.
Speaker 3: No, it's definitively Cam's.
Speaker 4: It's one hundred pcent my fault. Also, Ryan just asked music, is there anything that's really bad in here? And I thought for a minute, I was like nah, and then I remembered, Yeah, there's some stuff in there that's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: So everyone hold out of your butts.
Speaker 1: We're going for it, Atlanta. You can go first, number nine. Arizona eighty three, Utah sixty six. What would be nice to get a win over Utah? Can't be my coach?
Speaker 3: Much like the old ND New Testament, we're going word for word translation here, So let's see what we got hold on here, thoughts in a game that no one cares about, not even the most Mormon of Mormons. Arizona Boat Race is a very Caucasian, developmentally challenged Utah team good Stuff. Utah ironically fired their coach just days after beating Kansas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good till they fired their coach who was Saturday not. My first thought was, oh, he had to have been doing something real bad, right, Like it couldn't have been basketball related.
Speaker 3: Maybe because that is way above, way exceeded expectations for the Utah Utes. Absolutely, Let's keep going and see what happens. Only report from this game is Caleb Love sucks but sometimes is good and had a good game here twenty three points seven to fifteen from three, which is exactly what happened to Kansas and their eventual clown show NCAA tournament loss. Probably so, probably so Caleb. I do think it's funny how there is Caleb Love and good Caleb Love, because normal Caleb Love is three for fifteen and oh of eight from three. But good Kleb Love does this sometimes and gets wins. Now here we go. Let's let's really think about who we are and think about our place in life.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Side note, If your life depended on Caleb Love making a three pointer or Doug McDaniel passing a writing exam, which method of execution do you choose? And why is it? A firing squad captain by fran for Schella.
Speaker 1: I mean fran for Sheila is so short that he could point the gun like he could hold it out his head and it would go into my ankle.
Speaker 3: So I think, yeah, I could say, like maybe I could get away with her flesh wound, like go through my hip or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, speaking up Fran for Schella, he tweeted about Craigsmith's firing. So take this for what it's worth that this had nothing to do with Craigsmith's coaching. This was one of the few times that nobody in his right mind would take this job without saying show me the nil money first. So it was probably about nil disagreements with the eight, says fran for Schilla. But yeah, they were picked fin his last in the Big twelve and they were seven and nine, which was like seventh place. This is a weird firing that you figure there is more to it. Also, I would bank on Caleb Love making a three, because he does that sometimes. According to the Wheelwheel student, Doug McDaniel is a literally all the time, oh man, good win for Zona, not a good win, well, maybe a good win here, but just a really really bad loss. You see backwards you cf eighty your favorite Dima Bitches seventy six cam rip Case State. It's really, really, really over now.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Crazy faith couldn't save this Kansas State team from the CBIT Tournament. But what it can save them from is more Coleman Hawkins. It appears that he is gone. Coleman Hawkins is absent, just like my father's friend that went to seven to eleven for milk and never came back into his life. Doug McDaniel doug himself and his team into a hole here he went four to fourteen from the floor. After the game, Jerome Tang asked for more students import ironic once again, Jerome, you suck and you sound like a mildly slow Looney Tunes character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we I've had enough in twenty twenty five of basketball coaches blaming the students for like, we would be better if we get a full house. You put do something worth putting butts in seats. Strom, You're thirteen and fifteen with a like an eight million dollar basketball team out there.
Speaker 3: Also, you only scored seventy six against UCF, who's averaging giving up like ninety eight points in conference play. It feels like.
Speaker 1: Lucky, lucky me gets to read about the Mormons, which Cam puts next, Yes, k State, it is over over. They're done unless they win the Big twelve tournament, and they will not win the Big Twelve Tournament.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: BYU ninety one, Arizona State, eighty one, boy, Cam, that is so good. I would say that if I if it was even possible for me to say this sentence and then repent enough to still not go to hell one day. The Mormons did to Arizona State. What sucks. I can't even like kind of say this.
Speaker 2: It's just this.
Speaker 1: The Mormons ended Arizona State enacting revenge on a party school is the most Mormon thing ever. By the way, Cam adds, Kevin Young, the white one, not the Kansas s guy, continues to be a dominant force in the Big twelve, and Cam looks forward to seeing him go to a better school at approximately two years. Really nice coaching job there. They lost Mark Pope, who had been there a long time, and now BYU scariest six seed in the field. We'll see if that holds.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: As I say that and go off script, then Cam writes BYU feels like a team that's getting upset in the first round because they're gonna miss all but two of their threes. Yup could go either way. Still think they're dangerous. They are tight for fourth now in the Big Twelve, though they are nine and two in their last eleven games. Really good serge for the coupe, excellent run. They're good. Landon hated on them at the start of the year. He was wrong.
Speaker 3: I did super wrong.
Speaker 1: I think we've done that two years in a row. I think we picked him the finish second last last year and nope, just kno gonna they're all old. Stop picking twenty five year old guys to not do well in college basketball.
Speaker 3: We need to learn this, especially when they're white and shoot threes primarily.
Speaker 1: Number four Houston sixty nine, Number ten Texas Tech sixty one. There was one more chance for somebody else to hold on the hope of winning part of the Big Twelve, and it's over landa. Then Houston's gonna win the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Outright, Yeah, and Kansas is gonna get pissed on Texas Tech on Saturday hashtag new Testament Hawks says Cam. Texas Tech, like we said earlier, is maybe or maybe not gonna have a couple of their players on the court comes Saturday. But yeah, Texas Tech on a loss or two here, not a great kind of team when you have a top ten team that's angry coming into your home. But Houston gets the win. In the last, Houston does unspeakable things to their teams at their own facility, and Cam likens that to another man that I will not say, but that is true. Houston defends defends the house pretty well. Joseph Tugler at eight points. Not important to the game, but awesome name. I agree, Joseph Tugler is a very good name.
Speaker 2: And I will not read the last.
Speaker 3: We're not we are going off, so so Cam, I.
Speaker 1: Will add, Cam is writing things while we can't say them on the air, they are not untrue. It's kind of like whenever you say something really mean, that about the fat person that cuts you off in traffic, and you're like, that fat bastard cut me off, and your wife right next to you says, oh, that's so mean. She doesn't say that's not true. He just says that's so mean. And that's the same thing that we're dealing with here. Yeah, the Spider Man meme, the two Spider Man's plinty of each other. That's twenty tens Kansas in twenties twenties Houston. They have lost one I think might be two. It's one ish road game in the last year and a half. They just they just go into your place and take your money.
Speaker 4: They are twenty ten's Kansas. But I also think in Landon said this in the last show or two shows ago. They're destined to lose in the Elite.
Speaker 1: Eight because they're eventually going to get beat from the three point line. And what helps them though, is they are the best three point shooting team in the conference. Like they have upgraded that this year without Jamal shed Calvin Sampson gets my vote after Pat Kelsey. I think Kelvin Sampson has to be the second leader right now and national Coach of the Year. He's done an amazing job. I know people are gonna say Bruce Pearl. I think Calvin Sampson has rebuilt that team. They are younger than Auburn is and what they have done in this league is just truly wild. Someone who's not gonna get Coach of the Year is Scott Drew because he might not even make the ornament. Cam Cincinnati sixty nine, Baylor sixty seven. All year long, we've recapt Baylor losses. Here's another.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Baylor continues to disappoint their fans, much like Billy Hurley still disappoints his own father. Question, do you guys think Baylor will make the NCAA tournament?
Speaker 3: Boy, it's harrier by the day.
Speaker 1: The odds have never been worse for them than they are now. I'm looking. They have three games left. They have Oklahoma stayed at home and at TCU. I think they gotta win them both. Then they get Houston at home on Senior Day. If they don't go like two to one, at least, that's gonna mean that they have at least eleven big twelve losses and like an eight seed in Kansas City, that Saint John's win is gonna be what gets them in if they do. But it's close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: They is very close. I think based on reputation they might still be barely on the inside right now. But it is extremely close.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I did not care to put any stats into this game. Part is my effort level dropped in this part of the paper. But also VJ. Edgecomb had a really good game. Can't remember how many scored. We scored a lot. Do you guys remember when Kansas thought we, you know, had a great win at Cincinnati and it was a great road win. Well, the person that won't remember is Joseph Robin at Biden Junior.
Speaker 1: Hey, Joe, don't look now. Don't look now, Cam, but you may dump on Kansas not getting a great win when they beat Cincy. That is the highest ranked team in the Big Twelve that they've defeated on the road this year. I may TCU was one game better. I don't know TCU that it's I think since he's the better team, I think Cincinnati is the best team they've beaten on the road this year.
Speaker 2: I think you're right too. And that's pretty pretty sad.
Speaker 3: It's gross.
Speaker 1: Speaking of sad, Oklahoma State seventy four, number nine, Iowa State sixty eight and what can be described as a catastrophic structural failure, which I think my favorite part of that is what they said happened. That's a very very allegedly wait a word that camp Iowa State loses two starters and gets Oh boy, that came right. You want to talk about a sentence hitting me right in the face all of a sudden out of nowhere.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Iowa State. So Curtis Curtis Jones did play Keyshawn Gilbert. Still isn't right? They are like four and five now in their last nine Who's main? Abu had twenty five points on seven and eleven seven four eleven, three point shooting. So he did nice things for the Cowboys. Shout out to Cyclone Larry. That is true the best Big twelve Twitter account to follow Cyclone Larry knows what's up?
Speaker 3: Cam? I do have to say the sentence that Ryan didn't read his art.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it isak his art.
Speaker 1: I would I would like to know if there's a Chuck E Cheese and still water, let's see, Chucky, I'm not allowed. Uh there is one in Oklahoma City. I think that's gonna have to be. That's close enough, right.
Speaker 2: If you're doing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, If you're not allowed within five hundred feet of a Chuck E Cheese or elementary school, are you trying hard enough in life?
Speaker 1: Well, everybody from this state is probably banned from a Chuck E Cheese. West Virginia seventy three TCUFC five all yours landing.
Speaker 2: This is a good one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was wondering what my general strategy was gonna be here as I read ahead a little bit. Let's rip it man in a state completely devoid of hope now that current legislators have took away all their food stamps filing some good news for the Mountaineers as they blow out a bad TCU team. Also, thank god they stopputting five transgender people play college sports and cut healthcare and medicaid priorities. Will this mean anything in the grand scheme of things? No, no bugs, Bunny dut gift. No, but good first thing that does not have much going for them, mining and treed areas, forested woods. That's West Virginia has. For the most part. Jamie Dixon continues to streak of spectacular mediocrity. Honestly, no one cares about this game outside of West Virginia. I'm not even sure they did so much.
Speaker 1: This is Cam run along in the front of us to put all sorts of bombs and the nodes, just making sure that Mayking sure that one of us gets gets got at, not getting got sir Cam. Nick walked so you could run because Nick spent years trying to put bombs in these notes for landing, and it worked a couple of times. It did work a couple of times.
Speaker 3: I've come through wars. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Big twelve standings. Houston has cleansed the share of the league. As long as they don't lose out they will win outright Big Twelve title number two in two years. They are sixteen and one. Arizona the only threat to tie them. They won't, but they are still alive at thirteen and four.
Speaker 3: Texas Tech twelve and five alone in third, tied for fourth, Iowa State NB YU eleven and.
Speaker 4: Six in sixth place, Kansas ten and seven in seven, with Baylor, TCU and West Virginia at eight and nine.
Speaker 1: Then you have Utah, Case State and Cincinnati. Three non tournament teams are seven and ten. Oklahoma State and UCF are six and eleven. Arizona State at four and thirteen, and then about to clinch outright possession of last is two and fifteen Colorado, who Tad Boyle said after the game, you have to be a grown ass man to stop Hunter Dickinson in the post, which really has had to be confusing for all the people that have said very mean things about Hunter or not being very tough on Twitter other games, Well, we normally lead off with the SEC but today we're letting the Big Ten hit lead off. We're number fifteen. Michigan won officially the worst basketball game in the history of basketball games, winning at Nebraska in a walk off field goal to win on the grid iron forty nine to forty six. Nope, just kidding, it was a basketball game. I think both of these teams should get ls. You know, people love going back in time and trying to change election results. Pause, let's go back in time and shame the results of this basketball game. Let's give them both losses. Why don't we The team's combined to go thirty four for one hundred and twenty three from the floor, which is twenty seven percent.
Speaker 3: On the opposite end of good.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: Michigan's fine, but the leader in this league, first place in the Big Ten still in the hands of number eight Michigan State, who got an excellent roadway in at sixteen Maryland fifty eight to fifty five. We call that excellent. That is only what like nine and also eighteen total points better than Michigan Nebraska. It's masquerading is a good game, but a good run at.
Speaker 1: Least it was on the road against a better team. I don't know anybody who's ever struggled to score against Nebraska. They lose every game they play, like ninety to eighty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tom Izzo's team is now eighteen and three since the start of December, otherwise known as an inverse. Kansas eleven Wisconsin beat Washington to stay in third place, and number twenty per two is fourth. But we don't care.
Speaker 2: About them corip.
Speaker 4: Number two Duke pooped on Miami by thirty seven. Each of their last seven wins are by at least seventeen points. Fun fact, I actually allegedly took a Duke all spread by like thirty points in this game.
Speaker 1: They won by more and it worse because a man is hot.
Speaker 2: Don't let me cook.
Speaker 4: They're sixteen to one in the ACC play, but they only the conference by one game. As a Number nineteen Louisville and number thirteen Clemson are both fifteen and two. North Carolina, who is currently the first team out on ESPN, is eleven and six after beating Florida State on the road. Their tournament hopes will likely be determined next weekend when they host Duke on College Game Day also, Hubert Davis got a contract extension.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know why, and I don't know if North Carolina thought that they were actually doing a contact reduction and just got it wrong. And then did you hear the reason? So, Hubert Davis is a state employee obviously for the University of North Carolina. This sort of thing should be officially announced and you have to answer it if you're asked. So the only reason that it came out is because a reporter asked Hubert Davis if he was aware of what he was going to do at like the end of his contract, and he had to say, I'm signed through twenty thirty. And nobody knew that. And they asked North Carolina administration why they didn't publicly post it, and their answer was, and I'm being serious, we forgot. Oh my gosh, that's that's what happened this week. They forgot to post that Hubert Davis got an extension like eight months ago, right, Yeah, And what they mean by that is we weren't gonna say anything unless we were asked. I am okay with North Carolina getting in the tournament because they have a lightning rod player that's fun to watch. In March and RJ.
Speaker 2: Davis.
Speaker 1: I'd much rather see them get in than a freaking I don't know who's in Oklahoma, Texas like you and C.
Speaker 2: You and C.
Speaker 1: I hope gets in and I think they will because they're North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: Ryan's other favorite electric guard, Paige Becker's had three point tennis is double double as Yukon women won for the sixteenth time in the last seventeen games. She's as awesome as Dan Hurley is insufferable as Connecticut man arenowned fourth place in the Big East. On number seven Saint John's, which genuinely the only reason Pagebackers comes up in the show at all. It's just because Ryan thinks she's hot. He's not wrong.
Speaker 1: I just I needed to talk about Yukon sucking balls, and I thought that i'd talk about something that I like about the Yukon program because it ain't Dan Hurley.
Speaker 3: Hey, fair enough, I can't argue with that at all. I agree with you on number seven. Saint John's clinched the title this week by winning at Butler, making Rick Patino the first coach in college basketball history to win a conference title with five different schools and have slept with a waitress.
Speaker 1: Darn it, Landon, I was gonna say, Rick Patino is one of the is the only basketball coach in the history of the UNCA to do three things. Number one win a conference title at five different schools. Number two win a national title at two different schools, and number three pay an Applebee's waitress for an abortion.
Speaker 2: Allegedly.
Speaker 1: We've been over this camp. It was not a legend. It happened in court.
Speaker 2: Did he was he proven guilty in quarter? Or does this all hearsay?
Speaker 1: I don't know if he did a crime like I don't know if like like it's not a crime.
Speaker 4: Thing, a crime to pad an Appleby's waitress to have an abortion. I just about said some of the yes.
Speaker 1: But well, I'll do my homework on that. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Frowned upon generally.
Speaker 3: It is. It's an odd It's an oddity. If nothing else, it's very strange.
Speaker 2: Babe, little curveball is my turn?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: It is? I'm gonna look up how what the age difference was between those two and see if it's the.
Speaker 3: I got the forty and a half.
Speaker 2: It was a lot.
Speaker 4: I'll read while you do this number one Auburn scored one hundred and six and old miss number six Alabama hung there one hundred and eleven on number twenty four Mississippi State, keeping them a top. The sec behind them is number three Florida, who played the wildest game of the week in Athens by falling behind by twenty five in the first half, coming all the way back to take the lead in the final ninety seconds, and then promptly running out of gas. Georgia bat the Gators eighty eight to eighty three.
Speaker 1: Wild basketball game which I don't even need a LABORNIXX cam just said, Landon, you're going to be surprised. She was only seven years younger than Rick Beatino. According to this article US it happened in two thousand and three, and yeah, Patino was fifty the waitress was forty three.
Speaker 4: If you're a forty three year old waitress at Applebe's, I equate that to be in a Vietnam tunnel rat for seven years.
Speaker 1: I was still a little surprised that the forty three year old needed money for an abortion. But people are having kids much later in life, or are capable of having kids in this case. Elsewhere in the SEC. Fourth place number five Tennessee one LSU. They've picked up some nice wins. Fifth place, number fourteen Missouri rolled South Carolina, first time Missouri has ever scored one hundre points in consecutive games against Power five teams. Sixth place, number twelve Texas A and M got upset at home by Vanderbilt. And then there's Oklahoma, which, if you know why we're reading this, you know they lost because they always lose. Porter Moser watched his old point guard Otega Away score number seventeen Kentucky's final eighteen points. I've never seen one player score a team's final eighteen points, but that's what happened here wild they beat. He beat his former team at the Buzzer in an eighty three eighty two home loss for the Sooners. Somebody I don't remember who it was. A college basketball rider with a blue check mark posted on Twitter that Oklahoma is quote probably out as of today. Yeah, no job, They're four and eleven and SEC play How in the world is this close?
Speaker 4: That's like someone writing yet Kansas is probably out of the college football playoff?
Speaker 1: Well in their response is oh kN Palm has him forty three? I don't care what kin Palm has him. And you're four and eleven and messeec.
Speaker 2: You do not put.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma in the tournament at anybody's expense. And if there's nobody else, if everybody else declines a bid, put sixty five teams in the tournament, or I guess it'd be sixty seven. Right, it's a sixty eighteen field. Whatever. Don't put Porter in the tournament. He sucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not very good, right, teams.
Speaker 1: Last time we did a show, oh, Landing.
Speaker 4: Go for it.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about Porter?
Speaker 3: I ruined? What was to this point a flawless show? That's my bad?
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah it was. Was it the Applebee's waitress abortion talk or the pagebackers early comp What was the point where you realized it wasn't a perfect show?
Speaker 3: Uh, when the music started at the beginning.
Speaker 4: It was probably when Landon had to read about West Virginia is losing food stamps.
Speaker 3: No, it was long before that.
Speaker 1: It was whenever we started going over the Bible characters that had a hundred wives.
Speaker 3: That was good, solid, that was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good good times.
Speaker 2: Good twelve seed King Solomon.
Speaker 1: That'd be fun seating the Bible character.
Speaker 4: Sixteen sixteen men bracket of Bible characters, you have like the number sixteen seed Judas's carriat playing the one seed of actual Jesus.
Speaker 2: And then that's a blowout.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Jesus, let me tell you who the porter Moser is of Bible characters. It's Joseph. It is not not not son Joseph who got child into slavery.
Speaker 6: Not him, Mary's wife Joseph, that completely deadbeat father is the sixteen seed.
Speaker 1: Of poor Moss.
Speaker 4: Allegedly, you're speaking like you're on a Moury show, and freaking Joseph left to go get milk and never came back.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's how it worked.
Speaker 1: No, you stop whenever he's like, oh, this is Jesus. So I guess I'll pay attention now. If that baby's name was like Fred or something, he would not have anything to do with it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that Moses that like floated down the Nile River in a like a basket or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's basically.
Speaker 4: Remy Martin getting picked up in the transfer portal. You're welcome, guys.
Speaker 1: That's who the self would have slavery. Yeah, yeah, anyway, since the last show, Number twelve Texas, A and M. They can be Jacob's eldest son because they are always a damn disappointment. They lost to Vanderbilt.
Speaker 3: Number sixteen Maryland. They lost to Michigan State. Who's Who's a Who's a Bible character that like theoretically was supposed to be great and then really fell off. I just did nothing for a long time. That might also be Solomon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the thing about that one. Yea, I have nothing on that one. Number twenty four in Mississippi State lost to Alabama.
Speaker 1: A lot of people losed Alabama. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Characters that committed incest. He's Alabama's lots daughters.
Speaker 1: It's gonna say that's the sec or whatever. I guess we're gonna do. I guess we're gonna do. Ask RCB. Now we'll see if there's any Biblical questions. Okay, So I had named the last few shows like the b Yu Loss Meltdown, the Utah Loss Meltdown. I think this might just be the Bible episode like that. It's just the the.
Speaker 4: New test Kansas big as the actual New Testament.
Speaker 2: I'm not making a joke towards that.
Speaker 1: At cam Lipple Golf says ask nonsense. Okay, I'm gonna google breaker questions to ask a girl you like, and in that case, I guess that'd be you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Let's see what interesting?
Speaker 2: How do you feel about Roe v Wade?
Speaker 1: What? Oh no, no, no, no, no, no no no. Hey you for listening to the last episode of Inside the Paint Pleasure knowing you Cam at least got into sixth place before it all blew up. Yeah, you're number six. You want nonsense? Here's some common icebreaker questions to ask a girl, uh, which I guess is all of us. What is your go to karaoke song?
Speaker 2: Where do you stand? Number one?
Speaker 1: For me? Because girls don't like me, that's not true, Land, And my wife thinks you're very attractive.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, but she'll never have sex with me because that's already taken. Not that I want that, just as an example to prove the point I've thought about to be exceedingly clear.
Speaker 1: What a segment? What a segment to ask RCB at Ryan and his Girlandra why uh this?
Speaker 3: This could actually approve a lot of why of my previous statement that I just made things like that might be deep examples.
Speaker 2: Well this is the best.
Speaker 1: This just turned into the best forty five seconds in the history of the show.
Speaker 4: Where you stand on Amelia Earhart's flying skills.
Speaker 1: Oh is this is this like off the rails? I don't want to say.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking. I'm just thinking a Brown verse or not. I'm just thinking of random ice breakers that would.
Speaker 2: Was Ted Bundy just misunderstood?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Really now boy later than Bill self seeing Rylan Griffin's about to start shooting threes, Amelia Earhart sucked as a pilot and she killed a guy.
Speaker 4: You know who else killed the guy? Was Laura Bush. There's a fun fact of the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get up, Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Had an accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that happened. Oh wow, Kim, you're freaking right.
Speaker 3: I told you this.
Speaker 1: Lady Laura Bush in nineteen sixty three missed a stop sign and slammed her car into another vehicle, killing her friend who was driving the other vehicle.
Speaker 2: How I don't know.
Speaker 1: So the person that she hit couldn't walk or the person Jim Beheim it couldn't walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Anyway, wants to do ask RCP.
Speaker 1: Okay, right back where we start good icebreaker questions. This is all Camp's fault because he said to ask nonsense at Ryan underscore Landra, what is the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 2: Uh? Es cargo snails? Is it good cargo? No?
Speaker 4: They never do it. It's I almost threw up.
Speaker 1: I have no exotic foods. My answer is like lacroix or something that's not calamari. I mean, that's not that weird. It's very Yeah, that's pretty good. Landon is Landon seems like he would try just about any food and find a positive trade about all of it. Like I can't. That's a good disliking very many foods.
Speaker 3: I would try most things at least once. Yeah. Pease, pease suck. Pease have no redeeming quality like peas.
Speaker 1: Correct, you know when they're even worse. They're even worse when you keep them in the pod and you bite into it thinking it's like a green bean and it's not. There's three little frickin' peas in there. It's like, oh my gosh, I hope the person that put that in there has a horrible day.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: I'm down so bad right now. The other night I just ate line of beans.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is yeah, Cam, we need to get you out of the Icago, where everything costs thirty dollars more than it does anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Twitter is down.
Speaker 3: I can't It's how we supposed to know anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's uh okay, I think I think it's working now at cam Lipple Golf. Why does Ryan only like fat chicks? Okay, Cam, let's.
Speaker 2: Ask that question. I did not ask that.
Speaker 4: I did ask on the show, and you did not read it.
Speaker 3: Is it for chunky cheese? Yeah, reasons Ryan.
Speaker 1: We recorded too late, Cam, so I will go back and uh and get that question. Actually, I gotta scroll past a lot of Colorado.
Speaker 2: I know what it was.
Speaker 4: It was something like, yeah, would you would you rather I'm trying to think how it word this. Would you rather be buried in volcanic ash and Pompeii or get chased by a five hundred pound hippo? And then I said, we all know what Ryan's answer is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one sounds hot and the other is getting a lot of hot ash dumped on you. I guess, Uh, I think I'd rather take the sudden death. Well, I don't know what's worse being just being killed by a hippo or being killed by volcanic ash.
Speaker 2: I don't think either's great.
Speaker 1: Dude, No, I don't think there's even good yikes.
Speaker 2: Mmm, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But if it was volcanic ash and Lizzo was there, would that sway you?
Speaker 1: Why Lizzo? Why's it got to be Lizzo? All this came from is saying that if if someone has a little bit more curves than they did ten years prior, that it's not inherently a bad thing. And so cam Here's that thinks that's it. Ryan watched right there on the streets.
Speaker 4: I no, I didn't hear that. I just took it and rain with it in that direction now.
Speaker 3: And then I said, Ryan watches my six hundred pound life when Angie's out apparently she's at with me? Is where this is a wow?
Speaker 1: The itp Iceberg that will one day be created on the Reddit page whenever the show gets one. Just got a lot deeper, didn't it. That is is an outstanding reference. That's good at AJ Stevenson, what is your favorite Taylor Swift song? Also says and or Era. My answer is country Taylor Swift is better than pop Taylor Swift. I think that that like two thousand and eight era was the peak.
Speaker 3: Whichever one the Maryland Tarriffin thing was. What's that one? That's a good song?
Speaker 1: No, I couldn't tell you, but I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trouble, Trouble. I knew your trouble. That's that's that's her best song. In my opinion.
Speaker 1: That may be the least Landon song I ever would have imagined. You say you'd like, like, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: Imagine Taylor all.
Speaker 3: Too Well songs, get get Ready, Taylor Swift fans, all one of you that listens to this All Too Well sucks, unlistenable, garbage, bad song, Stop listening to it.
Speaker 1: See that's how I feel about bad Blood. That's like, I can't do that one. It done a radio a lot, can't stand it. I like Country era Taylor Swift, and I like Antihero. I think that song is pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 1: That's what Bill self wrote about Florie Badonga at James D. Bedford, What are your favorite sports movies? Each? Give your top three? Okay, well, you guys can think and I'll answer this. Number one is Kicking and Screaming, which I don't know if it counts Barrel as a soccer coach. It is a fabulous movie. Absolutely love that. So many references that I could make with that, with that movie, it is awesome. I like Moneyball. I'd probably say that's that second, remembering the Titans. I remember the Titans is good. Well, that's I see. I think I think Hoosiers is overrated. Also, like The blind Side, that was good. I'm trying to think of others.
Speaker 3: This is four.
Speaker 1: I think Friday night Lights is probably the best actual sports movie. But Moneyball is really good too. That's unique.
Speaker 3: Moneyball is the is one of my four favorite movies on letterboxed. I love Moneyball, one of my favorite movies of all time. That's number one for me. Creed, I'm a big Creed guy.
Speaker 2: Creed's very good, yep.
Speaker 3: And then probably The Sandlot Sandlots.
Speaker 1: So as Angels in the Outfield, which that just popped.
Speaker 3: In the sand lat is a three million miles better than Angels in the Outfield.
Speaker 1: I think it's a better movie, but it has a worse soundtrack. Angels in the Outfield soundtrack, it's is nostalgic. That's the Oyle's home run song? Or was that is bad?
Speaker 3: I get that. I get that understandable.
Speaker 1: They didn't hit many homers, but when they did, that's what the song played.
Speaker 4: I'll go with the Greatest Game Ever played golf movie. I like Road to Glory. I think that's a good movie. Yeah, and then I also like Coach Carter pretty much. Those are the three I like the most.
Speaker 1: Concussion is really good too. That one's kind of hard to watch. It's pretty gruesome at times. It was the it was the NFL movie that came out, uh, and it's it's it's pretty good, but it's not the inspiring underdog story. It's not Rocky level inspiring. It's kind of the opposite. But it's good. At x x X ads x x X Okay, I can do that. Is Clemens hurt or is he just unplayable? He's hurt. He's pretty much done for the year with the hip stinger. I think in yes, that is true. If he was not hurt, he would be unplayable. No, they have said that they don't anticipate him returning this year, at least. I think I've seen that on Twitter at Chris Sierko two. How much momentum and confidence could win over Texas Tech get ku moving forward. Uh so, yeah, that's that's a huge Like it's funny how now the questions uh and and uh. Chris has been the optimistic camp for a while, but it is funny how a lot of the questions that I'm seeing from other accounts that were like, wow, should they fire our self? And we're now like, hey, how about a path to winning a big twelve tournament like sort of questions. As everybody is feeling a lot better, that's all that happens.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that if they beat Texas Tech, that'll be three in a row that will match the longest Winston Conference play, and then you'll probably ranto the rankings. Then you'll start to feel a lot better about Oh this team. They might get back to that four or five line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Yeah, I agree for sure.
Speaker 1: At show me, Huck says, remember when Land and joked at the Colorado game and Boulder would be a five point game with four minutes left and then.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Well done, Thank you, thank you for the ball team.
Speaker 1: Predictable, Jayhawks are predictable. All Elon's okay, yep, it went down again. Now it's now it's working. I think at Elliott rus And h one. If you can have one life skill which you are the best in the world at, what.
Speaker 3: Would it be.
Speaker 1: It could be spirtulated if you want, but it's more fun if it's not maybe the best in the world at something. Man, I think I'd want to be the fastest person on Earth. I don't know if that like it would be fun whenever it's zero degrees and I got to take my trash can of the curve. If I could, like, just like dash Ahle sprint and I'm back in the house film director.
Speaker 3: That's subjective, but if I could be in this subjective question, that's what I would hear.
Speaker 1: James Cameron. But thirty years earlier.
Speaker 3: And better than James Cameron.
Speaker 4: I guess the best in this scenario best sports better on the entire planet.
Speaker 1: That's fascinating because that comes with other layers like that win you money, but it's not guaranteed. It's not like you're like, I want to be the best, you know, the best South African immigrant that turned doage government thing just because you want a big check. And it's not like you're saying you want to be the best athlete because you know that's an easy check. Sports better is interesting. I wonder how much money the best sports better is in the world make.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I feel like over time you lose to be honest. I don't know.
Speaker 1: At Elliott rus and h No, he says, you guys had made a comment the other day about those preseason prop bets. Just wanted to report I had also re listened to that episode the other day. Dramatic pause. I would advise never to go back and listen to it again and maybe burn the tapes.
Speaker 4: I don't remember what I said on that show.
Speaker 1: I know we thought aj Store would be second on the team in scoring. I remember that one vividly.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's sad.
Speaker 1: I don't think we're gonna be right. But the good news is someone by default has to get the most right in three of us at show me Hawk with a couple questions here, and I swear I did not see this question before I read this er, because you've also been more optimistic, sir, what is Kansas's best path? Best path that winning the Big Twelph Tournament in Kansas City. With the way that the conference tournament is structured now, they would have to play at least one of Houston Arizona Tech, Iowa State, or BYU. Okay, so being the sixth seed, let's say are right now COVID, but it only impacts non Kansas teams as it stands right now, you want to be on the two seed side of the bracket because that means you ignore Houston until the finals. If they're the six, then you'd play eleven, which should be like Kansas State and I know they lost the sincy last year, but they're not doing that again. And then you beat Kansas State and then you play the three seed, which right now would be Texas Tech, and you feel okay about that because it's in Kansas City. Then if you win that, you're in line to play the two seed, which is not Houston, and that's all that matters. The six is better than the five for Kansas, and if they win two out of three, unless BYU loses two of three, I think Kansas is pretty safe as the sixth seed, which is good for their path, bad for those of you who dislike late games, because that is the last game every single day they would play. How that bracket works at AJ Stevenson says, is the new season thirty games because if KU gets hot, I'd certainly want Hunter, kJ and Harris to be able to play this full season. Oh, don't worry, they will. As speaking of biblical references, it is a journal that we will have to wan kJ and Hunter there whenever the lake of fire goes over the earth, and you hear the trumpets, and there lie there come kJ into one dribbling basketballs in their Crimson in Blue Jersey's ready to start against Colorado at ten pm on a Monday night at Todd Matt Tours. Will will coach self ever, consider playing four out, which is one of the three big guys. I hope it ain't happened this year. He ain't mentioned kJ, and kJ was good in the Colorado game.
Speaker 4: Yeah now this year. Maybe next year, Man, it won't happen.
Speaker 1: And in the final game, final question, here show me, Hawk says, I know we're all feeling malasized about kaized malays. Sorry, I'm not not great with English. Sometimes malays about KU's conference record. But if we didn't blow the Houston and Baylor games and not had a horrible first half versus West Virginia and take back the lead at any spare down the stretch at Utah, Kansas would be fourteen and three. Yes, that is you know what, I have a feeling. I know I know exactly what Cam is going to say here. I think at least I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's not wrong, but they did do those things they did.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say, and if your aunt had a yeah, your uncle, that's a good way to put it. Like I'll give you the Houston one. I'll give you the Houston game. If they didn't blow the Houston game, that was one that was legitimately a win and a preposterous turn of events outside of Kansas and Houston, skill level took over and they lost everything else. They shot themselves right in the foot, and I do think they should be a game better than they are, but they are. You are what your record says. At a certain point, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, Bill Cosby didn't drug people and do things to them, you wouldn't be a criminal.
Speaker 2: But here we are.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's about what I thought. What's gonna say if you ever have ASCAR zvs, you know, don't get us started. Okay, I don't think that one was alleged. I think of all the things I'm not allegedly, I think slipping some bills and people's drinks. I don't think it was alleged by any stretch. Well he's dead now, and Le'Veon Bell got on Twitter, yes, because Le'Veon Bell got on Twitter and said, man, I don't care about that stuff that he or was it OJ? Was it OJ? That he said off the field stuff that boy could ball? And everyone was like, oh, yeah, I thought Bill Cosby died a lie.
Speaker 2: He's a live.
Speaker 3: Cosby's alive.
Speaker 1: What happened to Bill Cosby? Something happened.
Speaker 3: He's in Patan still, I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know he's he's eighty seven.
Speaker 1: He is eighty seven and still married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. I don't know he gets well.
Speaker 1: Speaking of crazy, this matchup number ten Texas Tech at Kansas Saturday, March first. You can hear that CBS jingle. You won't with this game. It's on ESPN, but still it's at one o'clock PM on what should be a sunny and decently warm day at Allen Field House. That reminds you that the tournament is coming.
Speaker 3: Grant mccaslin's Red Raiders are twenty one and seven overall. They are twelve and five in Big twelve play. They had a terrific season, six and two in league road games, including wins at Houston and BYU. However, after beginning of the season eighteen and four, they are three and three in their last six, and injuries have played a big factor in that.
Speaker 4: Texas text monster of a power forward is six foot nine JT. Tappan, who averages seventeen to nine and plays a little bit like college Kevin Durant with his ability to use his freakish athleticism everywhere.
Speaker 2: On the court.
Speaker 4: He's arguably the Big twelve's best player. Around the bucket, he makes almost sixty percent of his twos. He's paired with six foot eleven Federico Federico, who's from Finland and is He averages six and five well, shooting seventy three percent from the floor.
Speaker 1: As most rob biggs do from other countries. They cannot stay out of foul trouble, so he doesn't play a lot of minutes, but he is still a force when he's in the game. The back court of the Red Raiders is excellent, but they have a lot of injury problems right now. Wings Darien Williams and Chance McMillan both averaged fifteen points in five rebounds, but neither played versus Houston. Williams has been out for a couple of weeks now. McCaslin said today that neither have practiced this week and they must practice on Friday to play. He also said, I think that they're tired of watching will See. Even if they play, which you gotta expect him to, they've had almost a week off. It's it's it's fair to question if they'll be russ. This is a banged up basketball team right now. As far as how they are on the court, they're both studs. McMillan is a forty five percent three point shooter on a high volume. Williams was the guy who went twelve for twelve in the game and Lubbock with Kansas last year. Elijah Hawkins comes off the bench whenever those guys are healthy to add nine and seven assists. He's the point guard. I guess he's no, he starts. It's Christian Anderson that comes off the bench when they're not healthy. He's the three point specialist. He is a forty percent three point shooter on five attempts per game. We remember the days where Red Raiders were all about defense. Chris Beard, Tubby Smith, those guys had defense teams. McCaslin is an offensive minded coach. This is a very good offensive basketball team, both inside and outside the arc.
Speaker 3: The New Testament Hawks having to take on Christian Anderson in game number three, that's big time. We'll see which one prevails.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, like you were just saying, Ryan, the year of Chris Beard's defense. First, grind out games, flop around your way to free throws. That's over Grant mccass and the Red Raiders. They've become an offensive juggernaut. They rank seventh overall in Ken Palm and their offense is top ten, though they play at one of the slowest paces in the conference, which means they're insanely efficient. They're an excellent three point shooting team at thirty eight percent. They attempt twenty six per game, which is quite a few more than Kansas. They're a great passing team that protects the ball well. They also do a very good job at not fouling, also a very good seventy seven percent at the free throw line. The weaknesses are drawing contact, taking the ball away from their opponents, especially in conference play. Two point defense which does bode well for the Jayhawks. They haven't been good in conference play at rebounding either, which also bodes well for the Jayhawks.
Speaker 1: You'd think that, but the last time we said that was BYU that does not have very good defensive numbers against seven footers, and well they didn't matter. Dickinson did play fine in that game, I guess statistically. But yeah, Texas Tech is they're they're like, they're just the complete opposite of what they used to be. It's interesting that for as efficient as this team is, and they play the fewest possessions per game of any team in the Big Twelve, and they're really really bad at getting the line like they like they take like fifteen free throws per game. It's weird. So whenever they don't get calls and their fans are bitching on Twitter at Allen Field House because the refs are giving Kansas a bunch of calls, there may be a little more validity to that than normal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Uh, Kansas is way better than you think. Twenty six and four against Texas Tech since twenty ten all time, they are twenty two and one against the Red Raiders at Allen Field House, with the loss coming in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: If you had asked me how though, yeah, I was gonna say, and I'm I think I did the map that Kansas is like eight and three in their last eleven in Lubbock with a negative point differential or something like that, because when they lose, they get their money's worth. But if you had asked me before we started recording, in the last fifteen years, Kansas has played Texas Tech thirty times, how many of they lost, I would have said over five for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably would have guessed seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. And Tech used to be really really awful at times, but they've been legitimately pretty good to really good for the better part of the last decade and Kansas has still handled the most years. Very similar game to the COVID year when a ranked Texas Tech team came into Allenfield House to play a not ranked Kansas team and the Jayhawks won and that kind of set them up well to get back into a top four seed this year. The New Testament Jayhawks undefeated on the season so far. We'll play Texas Tech in a big matchup, the biggest of this three game season so far. What do you think happens, Cam.
Speaker 3: I want you to go first.
Speaker 4: Oh boyd, I'm gonna pick Kansas. I think Kansas wins seventy five to seventy one in a very close game.
Speaker 3: You want me to ask you you want to pick after me? Ryan?
Speaker 1: Look, I think this is the tougher game. If I'm asked to pick, which matchup scares me more? Between Tech and Arizona the two remaining home games, I think it's this one. And I actually kind of liked the sneaky angle of picking Tech. Who is po They've been great on the road, But I can't for two reasons, and one is Allen field House Kansas. It's so I have never picked them to lose at Allen field House, and I won't. I don't think I ever will as long as Bill self is the coach. Barring the just a horrendous season, they just don't lose these games. It's gonna be one of those games where the field house is electric and Tech is banged up. I don't trust a team that I don't know if their second or third leading scorers are gonna play. If they do, how effective they'll be. I think Kansas wins. I think they pull away down the stretch. I think they put up a good amount of points. Texas Tech games have been pretty high scoring this year. I will say Kansas wins eighty one to seventy three, pulling away down the stretch for their best victory of conference play.
Speaker 3: The reason I'm struggling with this, even though I agree with every ounce of logic you just put out there, Ryan, is that this effectively feels like I am picking the trajectory of Kansas's season.
Speaker 2: Like you are.
Speaker 1: You do I buy it also, Texas Tech. Here here's how I do like this matchup a little more than I did before I dove into the numbers, because I think tech strengths line up pretty well with Kansas's defensive strengths. They're a good three point shooting team. Kansas has been pretty good on that end. Tech forces a lot of turnovers. Kansas is pretty good at not turning the ball over. But here's the thing. JT. Toppin is the X factor. Kansas has been a horrendous at pick and roll defense this year, and that's what JT. Toppin does. He goes downhill and slams at home on people. kJ is the most important part of this game for Kansas. They need him to play well for them to.
Speaker 3: Win, particularly on the defensive end.
Speaker 1: Used to be on the defensive end.
Speaker 3: Going to buy it. I'm gonna take Kansas. I don't even know if I really believe myself, but I'm gonna take them. I guess seventy five seventy three.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be a good game. I think that these are two very good, very good coaches. I think that these are two interesting styles to see clash. Teck Tech has.
Speaker 3: Always better team. Texas Tech is a better basketball team than Kansas.
Speaker 1: They are at least you have to say that based on their results this year. They have executed and also something to watch. Tech has executed a lot better at the end of close games than Kansas has.
Speaker 3: They have sometimes sometimes Allen field House is just a weird X factor.
Speaker 1: That's all. If this game was played just about anywhere about Allen field House, it'd be a lot tougher. But I'm not picking them to lose an Allen It doesn't matter. You have a twenty two year sample size where if you pick Kansas at home, you don't even pay attention to who they play. You don't pay attention to who they have on their roster or anything, you'd have a ninety five percent chance of getting the game right.
Speaker 3: It's true, It's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: You know what bill selves record is when they play a top ten team that is higher ranked than they are at Allen Field.
Speaker 3: House, have they lost?
Speaker 1: They are twenty two and two. The Houston game early this year, yeah, was one of the two losses. But like they have a freaking ninety two percent win chance whenever they bring in a top ten team in here, who's as a winning who's a better rugger than they do? Like that's yeah, I'll take Kansas, and if they lose, I'm never gonna sit here and say, oh I lost the picking point because Kansas lost at home, Like you just kind of live with that. And I do think they genuinely win the game. Other games U see if at TCU looks to me like the horn Frogs and need a win, he gets a five hundred. And that's what Jamie does best. I'll take them, yep, same same Cincinnati at number four, Houston. The Kogs not by as big of a margin as you think, but they wrap up an outright title.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: And then maybe they'll set their starters maybe LJ. Cryer needs to take a day off the rest of his forty five year old knees when the Jayhawks come to town on Monday night. Arizona State at Utah. This field matchup wise, it's easy enough, but Utah is kind of a mess. They fired their coach. I'll still pick them, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go Arizona State.
Speaker 1: You just can't quit the forks up.
Speaker 3: Nope, I won't.
Speaker 4: I sure give me Utah, I don't.
Speaker 2: This game means nothing to me.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma State at Baylor. Give me the Bears clinging to tournament hopes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Baylor by fifteen.
Speaker 2: I would say Baylor by ten.
Speaker 1: Fascinating matchup here, Number twenty two Arizona at number nine Iowa State. The reeling Cyclones host a second place Wildcats team. Do they get off the schneid?
Speaker 3: I think they do.
Speaker 2: I agree I do too.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't have lost the game in Tucson. I don't know who's gonna play, but I think Arizona's a little over hyped right now. I think the Cyclones win, and I think they win by more than we're expecting. If I'm betting a game without no one, what the line is. I would be comfortable betting on Iowa State to cover whatever the spread is. I think they fight back. West Virginia at number twenty five BYU Cougars. I guess that for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by you buy a good bunch.
Speaker 1: And here's an interesting one. Colorado at Kansas State. So he said on the last show that Kansas State was probably gonna beat Arizona State Land and they did not. Then they lost to friggin who they just lose. Just recapt the game they lost at UCF. Do you trust them to get this?
Speaker 3: I don't trust them. I am gonna pick them against two and sixteen Colorado.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they may have.
Speaker 2: I agree case State.
Speaker 1: Other games. Number one Auburn at number seventeen, Kentucky. You guys going with the top ranked Tigers here?
Speaker 4: I am, Yeah, I am Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I'll take the I will take the Wildcats at home. Tigers can't win them all, same logic at Ballan field House, they usually win it rough. I'll go for it. Number six Alabama at number five Tennessee. Bama has lost more than I think they are worthy of losing recently. I think they win on the road.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tennessee cannot keep up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Obama number thirteen, clems in trying to hang in second place. They go on the road and play Virginia. Do they get it done?
Speaker 3: They do?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, never Virginia Number twelve, Texas A and M at number three Florida. We probably all want the Gators here, but it's a top fifteen matchup, so it goes on the pick'em card.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and both teams trying to bounce back.
Speaker 4: But I will take the Gators, yep, Gators.
Speaker 1: Number fourteen Missouri at Vanderbilt. How safe are the Tigers not Vandy wins?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Not not save.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the Tigers on the road. I think I've been the best of the three of us picking Missouri games this year, and I think that they've actually lost a few more.
Speaker 2: Than Wait, who are they playing? I poinked out.
Speaker 1: They are at Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: Uh nah, give me Vandy, screw it.
Speaker 1: Gonzaga fighting for their NCAA lives on the road at San Francisco. Do the Zags get a much needed win? I will say they do.
Speaker 3: Ah, gimme San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Zags number eleven, Wisconsin at number eight, Michigan State maybe a big ten clincher for the Spartans. They keep winning all these games. I'd love to pick against them, and I think I would if it was anybody but Wisconsin, but I don't trust the Badgers. Gimmezzoh Michigan State by a decent amount.
Speaker 2: Yep, Michigan State.
Speaker 1: All right, So our next show, I guess we gotta record Sunday because there's a big Monday game in Hughes. Then with Fran for Schilla, so oh yay, we'll be ready to talk about the three wins in a row. Jayhawks, no doubt?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, why not? Maybe Testament Hawks.
Speaker 1: And this is eight shows in a row for you, land and one of your and that might be your longest streak since since Udoka was here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, with with no girl and no current job in my life, what else am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: Landon's arc Landon's arc on This show is the same every year, and every January Landon text me is like I might do less ips going forth, just to let you know I got a couple of things, and then by late March it's like, wow, twenty twenty six, class looks great.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: Darren Peterson is making me come back increasingly likely by the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun. He's gonna be fun.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: This is i TP.
Speaker 3: I'm a Landfred I'm Landing Fields single.
Speaker 4: If you I'm your favorite biblical character.
Speaker 2: Jesus, I can't say that.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 2: I did not mean that.
Speaker 4: That's not what I mean, non Jesus of Nazareth character.
Speaker 1: I would let this record go on a lot longer if I could.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you know that. Cam.
Speaker 2: Yep, you're welcome. I don't trust me. I know that's any boy. Oh bye,