Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just cause my dog. Something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat what are you putting? We got some wonder or something prowling around out here. Did you see what it was or was it was? Standing enough? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better hello, get somebody out here.
Speaker 2: Quin, I'm out there.
Speaker 1: I thought of a bitch about tick forty nine. I don't know easy him out there. Yeah, I'm walking right. Hey, all right?
Speaker 2: From someone to welcome o guest to the show. It is Sean Forker, host of the Sasquatch Experience podcast. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, Brian. It's been a long time since we've met in Tennessee, and now here we are sitting down to have a conversation.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I was just going through an episode that's airing as we record this tomorrow of a conversation I had with Ken Gearhard. I was looking back through our email chain and Ken and I were talking since twenty and twenty two, and it took me four years to get him on the podcast. So I think we've done a little bit better with getting you on the podcast. It hasn't been quite four years, but I have been excited about this conversation forever, man, So let's get right into it. Let's talk about this big for a thing. What in the hell got you interested in the subject to begin with?
Speaker 3: Well, I wish I could say it was like a sighting that got me interested in it, but it was a book. I think, like most of us, there was some sort of genesis that got us started into this. I was fortunate to grow up into a house where we talked about the paranormal, the weird, and there were always shows on like In Search of Unsolved Mysteries Arthur C. Clark's Mysterious World. That stuff was always kind of on in my home growing up. My dad and my grandpa were into the esoteric, strange, the more paranormal than like Bigfoot. But I remember my grandfather having books are out of like strange Creatures of the Amazon, and those books just enthralled me, and I was hooked. And then I saw the in Search of episode that had Bigfoot, and I'm like, wow, Bigfoot, that's amazing. I'm really into this now, I'm hooked right big Harry Montster is walking around the forest of the Pacific Northwest on a family vacation on the way to Virginia to see my uncle. I don't know how or where my dad stopped. He picked up a book called Sasquad Shapes among Us by John Green. I love the talk, always has since I was a kid, and sometimes when you're a kid, you don't know how to meet her that right, So it gives me this book to read, which I probably had no business reading at like eight, but I devoured that book on the entire vacation. I'll remember the vacation. I remember the book when I got to that chapter called Eastern Action and realized that there were these things happening in Pennsylvania. My God, that that was everything I wanted to do, and it just took me. As I got to be a little bit older as a teenager. I got to start seeing these areas. The Internet became a thing. Started talking to people on the Internet, which you could do back then and not have to worry about the things you have to worry about now when you're talk to people on the internet. You know, got to realize that this phenomenon. I wasn't just the only one interested in it. There wasn't just a handful of people interested in it. There were hundreds of people interested in this. There was an organization in Pennsylvania that I ended up joining, the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society, went on some expeditions with them, started investigating, setting reports, talking to people that had these encounters, and it's just become here we are. It's two thousand, twenty six. I've been doing this, you know, over thirty years now. It's been incredible, Man, it's been incredible.
Speaker 2: Let's talk a little bit about the genesis of the show, the Sasquatch experience, because when I first got into this, I had my first experience. I think when I was twelve years old and I went into law enforcement. For sixteen years, I didn't talk about the subject with anybody then twenty twenty, twenty twenty one or so I started really getting back into the research of this, and I decided to start Sasquatch Odyssey, and I wanted it to be me talking to people specifically from the Southeastern United States, because typically when you get into the subject, most of it is centered in the Pacific Northwest, and I wanted to specifically talk about and talk to people that it had experiences in the Southeastern United States, which is where I was born and raised. I was born and raised in North Georgia. We now own forty acres here in North Carolina. But the majority of what I was looking at was I think this is something that happens across the country and literally around the world. So I wanted to talk to people that had experiences closer to home for me. So I started my show to become kind of this repository, if you will, of people that had had experiences with these creatures in the Southeastern United States. We're talking Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, the Carolinas. You have been in this podcast game way before podcasting was a thing. So let's talk a little bit about the genesis of the sasquatch experience. What made you want to start a podcast about these experiences that people are having with this particular creature.
Speaker 3: That's a really great question, Brian, because actually the Sasquatch experience. The pot Cast started in two thousand and six. We were the second Bigfoot dedicated podcast. Steve Coles beat me by a couple months, but we were the second dedicated podcast to Bigfoot. But we used to get together with a group of friends on Yahoo Messenger and we would listen to all the old radio shows like Bigfoot Central. That was a couple online streaming shows in really podcasts back then there was no live element to it. We would listen to Coast to Coast together, we would listen to The X Zone with Rob McConnell out of Canada. And it was during an episode of The X Zone with Rob McConnell a bunch of us got together and we were listening to some gentlemen on there talking about something and immediately we realized what they were saying was absolute bullshit. Well, Rob McConnell had a phone line, so we called in and was talking to Rob and he started listening to us asking some tough questions, caught him in the lie, you know, he burned him off the air and then after that he wanted to have me on as a monthly segment to talk about Bigfoot. So that's how that kind of started. When Bigfoot started dying down, he started having us on a little less. I was like, you know, I kind of like this. We already kind of have an audience in our friends, and there's this platform out there called blog talk radio. Steve Coles introduced us to it. We just picked a time and a date. I picked a co host, Henry May, one of my good friends. I bust Henry's balls endlessly over twenty years. I'm sure he sometimes he wished he never would have met me, but we've had a great friendship. Probably over twenty five years now, we've had a great friendship. It's been an incredible journey to talk to all these people involved. So we started the podcast and we had a live audience. We could take callers, so we'd get people calling in to start sharing some of their encounters. Sometimes you'd get the hecklers, sometimes you would get a real compelling case. And then we started asking people like doctor Jeff Mildrum, started asking the bigger name research as they'd come on and talk to us. Because now we have this platform, people are listening. You know, we're getting analytics that, hey, people are listening to this show. Blog Talk Radio was very happy because we have this niche audience that's coming to us we're doing these podcasts. So they put us and a Steve Calls together for like a round table show. Then more podcasts start and they did a second round table show. So they realized that, wow, not only did this have an audience, it's started to take off, and now it's creating more content. So we kind of spurred that content creation through podcasting, and we started getting little bits of ad revenue here and there. It wasn't anything robust like we see today, not that I'm seeing thousands of dollars by any means, but it was really cool for that to happen. We just happened to be at the right place at the right time with the technology emerging, and just happened to have a platform because we stepped up and told a couple guys they were full of shit, and it started the whole journey for this.
Speaker 2: I absolutely love that I have multiple podcasts sasquach Odyssy is the genesis, but I host multiple podcasts and one of them is that Bigfoot podcast where we kind of take down hoaxers, talk about the people who hoax. I think that is something that we as a community need to talk more about and be has agree because it happens, and it's one of the things that we need to be honest about, confront it, talk about it, and then move forward. Let me ask you this, at this point you started the podcast, You've gotten into this. Did your research part of this component for you as far as being a part of this community, start before or after you started the podcast, because I know you've been out You've been researching this for a lot of years. So Rice came first. Let's talk a little bit about the research that you put into this subject.
Speaker 3: The research came first. I think that was always one thing I've been more proud of. And now there's anything wrong with the armshare researcher because some people physically can't get out and do this right. I'm no lightweight. I still get out there, contrary to what some people think. I'm not just a big guy.
Speaker 4: I do move.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty agile for a fat fella. I also like to eat. That's part of the problem. Bigfoot, big barbecue, big beer, you know, we like that stuff. So I've been researching since I was young, you know, in my late teens, early twenties, So that started before the podcast. The podcast when we start when I was twenty years old, so I was actually a lot of my researchers running concurrently with the podcast, But the podcast opened doors for that by allowing me to meet other researchers, going out into the field with them learning. We had a really good sense of learning and experimentation and trying things because back then we really didn't have all the data we have now on things like tree knocking, Like when did tree knocking start? You know, how do we know it's useful? The howls, Like half the evidence we have now wasn't even collected then. So it was really you know, being on the shoulders of some of those researchers, the guys that collected the Skukum cast and a lot of the early researchers out in the Pacific Northwest, like Rick Noll coming on talking about the importance of photography and using the right camera and using the right tools, which is something I've always tried to perpetuate throughout the need of the podcast. For me, the podcast has not just been an outlet to talk to people. It's an opportunity to educate and to step back to what you said, kind of keep the good information out there. The hoaxers cost us a lot of money, and I know people are like, oh well, how so, well, think about it. We have to pay for our own time, our own fuel, our own resources to go out and investigate these claims. It's not free. It's free for folks to maybe listen to these programs, but it's not free to go out and investigate. There's a lot of money for equipment. So when we have to go out there and waste our resources, most importantly our time, which I'm not doing this full time. I still have a full time occupation, you know. And I'm a dad and a husband, a son, and a friend. So were you wasting the largest commodity thing we have of time that we could be spending on more important things, more realistic or more real claims and sightings that are coming out there. And the one downside, Brian, I would think that we've done as podcasters, and though not intentionally, is we've made it easier for people to hoax now more than ever. The thing is they're not getting any better at it, but we've made it easier for folks to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right there with you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: When I first got into the subject, many many many moons ago, coaxers weren't on my radar. When I was a cop, I didn't really look into the subject. I wasn't a part of the subject because that's something you just don't talk about as a police officer.
Speaker 3: You got to worry about that as law enforcement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've talked about this as a guest on another podcasts. I did a lot of DUI cases for a couple of years. I worked UI and DUI attorneys in general are just relentless and anything they can find to bring some sort of question to the arresting officer, they're going to do that. So I completely shut this bigfoot thing down. I'd had a UFO experience when I was sixteen. I shut that down and I just completely removed myself. But when I got back into this, I left law enforcement in twenty sixteen and I got into researching again. We bought the property here. We're on forty acres of land in North Carolina. I specifically bought this property hoping there was some potential there for the research into potential sasquatch activity. So I really didn't get back into the subject until twenty sixteen. But I have found very similar to what you're talking about. When you get into the subject and you start talking to people, it's very difficult to sort through the wheat and the shaff, if you will. So before we get into some of the crazy things that you've experienced, let's talk about some of the things that stuck out to you when you first got into whether it be podcasting or looking into the subjects. What were some of the big stories or encounters that stuck out to you when you started getting into the subject. Is there anything that you can remember that stuck out to you, whether it be a scary experience or an experience in general, that stuck out to you as a researcher in the subject.
Speaker 3: I think there's been quite a few. Some of them are funny because they start off as intentional sighting reports. The first report I ever investigated one of the first reports, I don't think it's the first. I'm writing a book right now, by the way, so a lot of this information's fresh in my mind because I'm trying to recycle it and get through it to push it out there on paper. It was a lady that lived in a town over for me. She was riding her bicycle on a wooded road and felt something stalking her. She's riding on the road, there's the burma of the road, a guardrail, and then right under it is like a little plateau that she felt something was watching her from that little area, paralleling her as she's riding on her bicycle. As she's going faster on her bicycle, this thing's keeping up, and so she gets a glimpse of like a black shadow, which really freaks her out. She starts peddling faster. This thing starts coming after her faster. She gets to the trail to her house, haul's ass up the trail to her home on the biden goes inside.
Speaker 4: And stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: And doesn't have any other encounter with this thing that she can recollect now. That next day she comes out and something had gone through her track and it lifted the trash out of the can, not knocked it over and sort, but took it out of the can and was going through it like a person would almost like it was very curious, is what was I after? That freaked her out. That freaked her out to no end. And so we went out and investigated that, and I found her to be very credible. You know, that's intense. Then you start realizing and all this, well, shit, I'm just not an investigator. Now I have to be a psychologist. Now I have to find a way to calm these people down and tell them that, you know, yeah, the world doesn't say this is normal, but you know, we could be dealing with a completely normal animal here. I don't think there's anything to be alarmed. If there is, you have the authorities to call. Maybe you wouldn't call and say you got a big foot outside, but you call and say, maybe there's a bear out here or something out here bothering me. You spend a lot of time reassuring people and kind of going through When you start eliminating what it can't be, it starts to open those eyes to what really can it be. When you do this, as long as we have Brian, you can start eliminating things like bears and other animals pretty easily, like they have known behaviors. But when you have something that's starting to act more like us, but makes no sense for it to be a person or the physical dynamics don't match. That's a pretty interesting thing. Then you're on a whole nother ballgame, and that's where I'm stuck with all this, because there's a lot of these encounters that happen where you can easily write off everything. You could write off known animals, you can write off people, but there's an intangible element there you can't write off, and nobody wants to seem to acknowledge it. And there's a lot of reasons why I think places don't want to acknowledge that. We can get into that a little later, But that first encounter with that woman on the bicycle and that town over was really cool and I felt kind of special to have that one. Then as we started doing the podcast, it was so alarming to me how many people were just stuck on the Patterson Gimlin film. People can't get over that, and I love it. It's a great piece of footage. It's going to be inconclusive forever. It doesn't matter what we think is on it. We can't prove it. But we spent so many man hours and people have analyzed this more than the Kennedy film to try to prove it's a man in a suit or it's a real biological creature. And for the life of me, Brian, I don't understand how still in twenty twenty six we can't get a damn determination on it, Like, let's just call it what it is. Nobody can prove it's a suit. And for me, that's the bigger catch of it all because it irritates you because the video could be sketchy. We could say, yeah, it's a man in this whatever. I've met Bob Gimblin, He's a great guy. Some of the best guys in the world can still be full of shit. Doesn't mean they're bad people, just means they're good storytellers. I don't know. I met Bob, I found him to be genuine. But nobody's been able to produce a suit. Nobody's been able to tell us how many pieces that suit was in. Nobody could tell us what it's made of, Nobody can get the color right. Like how hard is it to get your facts straight? If you're trying to say you're the one who hoaxed it, you think you would have all the proof you need to show that, and that's more telling than the damn video, because you have nothing to prove somewhere. There had to be a paper trail, there had to be evidence of this thing. There had to be more fifth pictures. You mean to tell me, Brian, you and I were going to go out and put out the Oaks of the Century. We're not going to take some background photos later, some haha, photographs to keep in the memory chest because we to reflect back on that later after sixty years. He put off this great hoax. You know, there's Bob Gimblin in his underwear drinking a beer with a big boot head in his hand. You know, like, where's that? And that's the problem I have with you know, we're just being stuck on the film for all these years. At some point, don't you think Bob Giblin would have slipped up and screwed up?
Speaker 2: I totally agree. Man. When I started really analyzing the Patterson Giblin film a couple of years ago, I took a little different approach. I went back to my training as a police officer. I was trained in interrogation and investigation, so I went back to some of the old interviews with Bob I think I went back to twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen and looked at some of the things that he was saying then versus what they said. Literally days after they filmed Patty, I went out to Todd Prescott at the Sasquatch Archives and I got I think it was four or five days after they had this experience with Patty. It was a radio interview that they did, and I compared what Bob and Roger. Obviously, Roger passed away I think in nineteen seven two. Bob is still alive today in twenty twenty six. So I analyzed what he said then versus what he said in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, and I compared the two. And that's really all we have, right is his story. It's the story and the fifty six or fifty seven seconds, fifty nine seconds, whatever it is of what they filmed.
Speaker 3: That's really all that we're left with, right. And Bob's had a harder Brian because he's had to keep Roger's story straight too. Roger kinds speak for himself, has been able to, so He's had to speak for Roger's point of view the best he could as well. That's difficult to do all that and maintain it for so long. Now you've been in law enforcement, people usually aren't that goal. You have to be incredibly pathological to do that.
Speaker 2: Very good point, and I tell you one of the gleaming things. And I don't know how many people have really paid attention to this, but if you go back to the interview I think it was twenty eighteen or two twenty nineteen, Bob was sitting down with what I felt like was a gotcha kind of interview that were trying to catch him in a lie. In my opinion, there was only one glaring thing that stuck out to me really in that interview is Bob was very insistent that they recorded what they recorded on a Saturday. And there was some talk about there was this logging crew next to them in the same area, could it have been them? And Bob was like, no, there's absolutely no way that's the case. This was a Saturday, they were off, they didn't work on the weekends. But if you look back, the date falls on a Friday. So that was the only thing that I could really pull out of that interview. To some people, that's a gleaming thing, like oh, he missed the day. I'll be honest. Let me ask you right now, Sean, where were you on November twenty seventh, nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 3: What day of the week was that I was negative three? That's not even a thought yet. But to your point, like, you can't say that unless you are a savant, you don't know that information. No, Brian. When I recount my own encounter, I've talked about it a lot more than I have. I just never really like to talk about it publicly because it was a very personal thing for me. But when I had my experience in retelling it, I've messed it up a couple times. I was just showing it on Small Town Monsters. I was out in the actual area where we had our encounter. We were doing the Investigated Bigfoot series, and I told it at a sequence because I was so freaked out about talking about this on camera. My mind's trying to put it together logically, and I'm just putting middle you know, steps, Not that the content of the story changed, just the kind of the different moments how they aligned weren't correct. And if you were in a quart of law, that could be very damning. But you're in a quarter of loall, well you didn't get that right. Well, excuse me, it happened in twenty twelve. It's fourteen years ago. It's differ a cult to remember. I couldn't imagine doing that Brian fifty years ago. Like I couldn't do that, I can't do it now. And so to give the man a little grace on that, I think is more than acceptable. And what's a Friday to a Saturday When you're out in the middle of nowhere and you don't have a Nokia flipflhone or an Apple iPhone to tell you what date and time it is. They're probably going off the old cowboy math, Oh, this is where the sun is and you know, hell, we're so engaged. Maybe we did lose some hours and we forgot what day it is. It could happen. People forget things like moon cycles, and they forget things. You can get details wrong. That's why when I started a research journal, I started marking down those things so I could go back when something happened and look at it and notate it. I might not remember it, but you know what, my journal will have it. But now that's also asking if my journal is accurate, so you have to go and check the facts online and get it from almanacs and stuff. It's never fool proof. We're humans, we're fallible creatures. We're never supposed to perfect. We're going to make mistakes. But to be able to carry that for fifty years, I think that's the one thing that's always go toed me the most about podcasts and Bigfoot is sometimes how caught up we get on moments right Rather, it's the Patterson film, the MK Davis massacre theory that came later that we got knee deep in the Georgia Bigfoot hoax. We were knee deep in, like a lot of these situations that are well into history now, were current events when we were broadcasting, and they were interesting times, like I remember having to send my cell phone bills to the moderator at the Bigfoot forums so I could prove that I was telling the truth about the time I had a conversation with somebody to prove I wasn't in on a hoax.
Speaker 2: I tell you, man, you are absolutely right. I had my own experiences. I got to see these creatures three times in two days back in the summer of twenty twenty four, and I had to go back. Fortunately, we were filming documentary when we had our experiences, so I'm able to go back and look at the footage. And there was a specific part of that encounter where we saw what I believed to be self illuminating eyes, two sets of these self illuminating eyes. And now that I've went back and looked at the actual footage that was filmed that day, my recollection is quite different from what happened there. I've said it on other podcasts as a guest. You know, I didn't think there was any flashlights on at that time, and then you go back and look at the footage that was actually recorded at the time, it looks like it's a possibility that there was some flashlight activity going on. It may not have been for me, but there was five or six of the people around me, all right. So just those little nuances, And that's why I've always come down on the fact. After I did all the analysis, I went through all of the things that Bob had said. I looked at that interview from four or five days after he and Roger Patterson filmed that encounter with Patty on the sandbar. I said, look, yeah, he got the day wrong, but by and large, everything else matches one hundred percent. So I have no other recourse other than to say, as long as nobody's ever been able to produce the actual costume, there's no actual costume. Right, even though it was a guy here in North Carolina who said he made the costume, I've never seen it. So we have to come down on the fact that I believe very much like you. It sounds like you say you believe this to be legitimate footage of a sasquatch. Let's talk a little bit about your personal experiences. I know you've got some personal experiences of these things, and I know it's a little bit, at least for my audience, it's probably going to be a little bit weird, quote unquote, So let's talk about your personal experiences. Take us back to where you were, what you were do one and tell us what happened to you.
Speaker 3: Sure, well, we were in It was myself, my brother Ray, my buddy Dustin. We went out to the Clearfield County, Pennsylvania, which is a huge hotspot used to be it should say huge hotspot in Pennsylvania and still is depending on who you talk to of sightings. I mean, you're talking about over hundreds of sightings over the years of creatures in this area. So we had worked with Eric Altman in the Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society, my mentor Dave Rupert, good friend of mine, great researcher Ryan Cavealen, who was a filmmaker. We went out. We were going to have an outing that weekend. We went out a couple days before to kind of get the area set up and to spend some time out there to cultivate it and see if we could get any activity before the weekend outing was taking place. It was myself, Ray and Dustin. We were kind of setting up in this meadow area, which we should have knew right off the bat that we were going to have a problem because we went to get a camping permit, because you need permits in Pennsylvania to camp in places. They told us this place we wanted a camp at didn't exist. We had to pull out the map and show him that this area we want to camp at, Oh, that's not really a camping spot, but if you want to camp there, here you go. And they gave us a permit and the putting the window of my cars. It was about a mile and a half two miles in from the road to this little meadow area we wanted to camp at because we had had activity there in the past. Rocks, throwing sounds, so you name it, we've had it there in the past. In fact, I think it was two weeks before that we were there and we had a vocalization that scared one of the guys in a group so hard he punched me in the back and I thought his fist went through me. And I'm a big guy. He hit me so hard in the back, I thought his fist like chest bursted right through me. So that was why we came back. It was Ray, myself and Dustin. We were setting up camp because we were going to camp in this meadow area for the weekend. We had set up some game cameras well. Eric, Dave, and Ryan set up game cameras. Ryan was getting some b roll, so we created a little fire in the meadow there. I was sitting kind of with my back towards the entrance way to the meadow. Rai'sed back was to the woodline and Dustin's back was to the meadow and the meadows a big open it's surrounded by woods. We had a fire going We're sitting there shooting the shed. It's starting to get dusk, and out of the purphiel of my eye, I see something run behind ray behind me, just skirting the edge of the tree line into the tree line, and you could start hear it, pop it and taking off like a bulldozer, like a bat of a healthier there. I jump up, Dustin jumps up. He kind of looks at me, and then we haul over to run to see if we could see what's going in there. He saw it. I saw it. What I saw was probably about six and a half to seven feet tall, light color, like a light tannish color, and Bryan, I shit you not. How it moved was so graceful it moved, And to this day I tell everybody it moved like a sloth, just a very very fast It just glided. Did you ever just see some it's They may and it was made for that environment, And.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Like it just moves so fluidly. It was startling, and so we got up looked. We could hear it moving, but we weren't going to go in and take a look, because it was starting to get really dark and we're sitting here like, what the house has happened? The first thing is we're amped up. Did we really experience that or we seeing things? Is somebody messing with us? You know? Things calmed down, We calmed down. We were like, okay, well listen, we're going to get up in a few hours. We're going to get up at about four o'clock in the morning to get out and start doing some weekon because you know, we were thinking maybe it would be more active at that time. As something's paying attention to us, we'll let it realize. We settled out a little bit. We get into the tent. We had pulled the logs off the fire, put the fire out, and got into the tent. We're lying there and we're laying there for about an hour hour and a half, and all of a sudden, we start hearing these footfalls, bipedal footfalls coming through the campsite. And you know the difference between bipedal and quadrupedle, you know, the cadence upon which they move is different, and so we hear it kind of around the tent, and I see a little light come on inside his sleeping bag and it's dust and he had his cell phone there, and I'm like, you hear that? He goes, yeah, yeah, I hear that. I'm like, well, this is interesting. So we hear it moving around and Dustin sits up, but he starts getting his boots and stuff on to go out, and it's relying there. All of a sudden we start seeing this faint orange glow outside the tent. Well, Dustin opens that tent like a bat and a hell and gets out, and something had put the logs back on the fire and the fire had started up again. Now we were certain we put that fire out enough, like we took the logs off the fire, but something started that fire had started back up again. Maybe the coals were still warm enough to ignite it. So I'm getting around, Dustin goes fork or throw me my gun, and me, being the epitome of gun safety, I threw him his gun, and as I go to get out, he goes, holy shit, look and it runs up this little hillside, this same thing we saw earlier, and starts running around the perimeter of the campsite. And now we're zonged where like, what the hell's going on here? And At that point, I'm not excited as much as I am like, what the hell is going on here? Because my first thing is somebody's out here messing with us, Brian, My first indication is not big, but it's like, how perfect is this that something's happening. Somebody's out here messing with us. So Ray gets out, We start telling them what's going on. I swear Ray could sleep through a nuclear blast. We go to the center of the campsite because the only place you can get a cell phone signal, and I call Dave, can't get a hold of Dave, call Eric, can't get a hold of Eric. So I finally get a hold of Dave's wife and I said, Hey, we got some shit going on out here. If Dave's there, do you think you get him to come back and come get out here with us. We've got some stuff going on, and we don't want to be out here by ourselves at this point because Brian, honestly, at that point, man, I don't know if it's a person, you know, and if it's a person like, yeah, there's ha haa elements into it, but I wasn't thinking haha. So you know, we're sitting there huddle and around. At about forty five minutes goes by, and then we started seeing these flashlights coming down. So we run up and meet the flashlights and it's Dave and it's Ryan. They had come back. They stopped into the town up there to have a couple drinks and Carrie, Dave's wife, was able to get a hold of them, and so they were able to come back, and they're like, you know, what's going on? So we told him what's going on. Well, Dave could sell ice to an Eskimo in the middle of Alaska, and he's like, come on, guys, we're out here for a reason. We're out here to get proof. You guys, we've got something going on. Let's just stay out here a little longer. We'll stay out here with you for a little bit. We'll see what's going on. So they kind of big whack out and this there's like this canopy of like underbrush and bushes. They sit in there and we go back in the tent. So we're there for a while and nothing happens. Of course, nothing's going to happen now because we have strangers in the element. So Dave Radio's back in. Hey, guys, listen, nothing's going on. Whatever it is, I don't think it's going to come back. We're done. You know, we'll come back in the morning. We'll talk to you guys in the morning. I'm like, okay, we think we could do this. Now, We're fine. No, they go, they leave, and a while goes by, and here comes the footsteps again. And this time I don't even think we had zip to ten. I think we went through the side of the tent. It's like you know that scene in Jaws when they're out at the bow of the boat and he's like shoot them, shoot it now. Like that's me yelling at Dustin to shoot whatever's out there, because standing behind this one tree is something kind of clearing in and out at us. And I'm like, listen, if you're out here messing with us, we got a gun. I've given you enough time to identify yourself. We're not going to start shooting. I'm like, Dustin, shoot it. Dustin goes, I cannot shoot it. If that's a person, you know, like Dustin's military training, Like he's not going to take a target. Like he's got much more composure than I am. Thank god I didn't have the gun because I probably would have shot somebody or shot whatever. It still didn't take heed to our warning. It was still there. So we're like trying to figure out what's going on and raise about the size of a sasquatch. So we decided we're going to charge at this. So the three of us get together and I'm like, you guys ready, and so we charge at it. And it was the charge that kind of threw it off. Now, the one thing, and I always forget to talk about this, and I don't know why. At one point, Dustin takes a military grade glow stick and he throws it into the tree line right. It's got some illumination to it, and it doesn't do anything for a little bit. Then all of a sudden, something picks it up and I yell at it, and it hits the ground, bounces and you can hear something take off. We were so freaked out that this thing had kept coming back and bothering with us that when it started raining a little bit, we got back in the tent. At about a quarter of six, we got up and threw everything into a rubber made tote and we hauled our fat asses out of that campsite. That little meadow area to my van and I hauled my ass home and I called Eric and I said, listen, I don't want to do this anymore. I'm freaked out because what bothered me, Brian is that it kept coming back. It came back, you know, a couple of times. It didn't heed any of our warnings, right like, it didn't care. And it's not that it felt menacing or that it was going to hurt us in any way. It's just the fact that it was something unexplained that came back and was still there. And obviously it might not have ever left. It might have just been there watching us the entire time. That made me so uncomfortable, and the feeling of being out there in your element when you're used to kind of being the dominant force out there, and all of a sudden you're like, is our hand down even going to do anything to it? Or we even equipped to deal with this thing? And so that was hit with so many conflicting emotions after them. The next day, Dave calls me after I got home. He goes, well, here he had some activity it continued on. I'm real sorry about that, I said, Dave, you might want to go out and check the game cameras because we think the flash went off on one of those game cameras, and he goes sean those game cameras didn't have any flashes on them. So there was a flash of light, one singular flash of light, Brian, that went off that I thought was a game camera that illuminated the area that might have got a picture of it, and they didn't have any flashes on those camera. I went out again to that area in two thousand and sixteen, I think it was twenty sixteen, and I was out there with a group of five other researchers, about ten of us total out there, so five researchers in their spouses who are also researchers, I guess.
Speaker 5: To be fair.
Speaker 3: Then we experienced that same singular flash of light when we were out there at that time. Can't explain it. I don't know what it is. There's no towers or anything out there that could give off that flash of light. I don't know if it's some kind of non localized phenomena or whatever. I don't know. I'm stuck on that flash of light.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I can't explain it. I can't explain the whole situation, But I can't explain that flash of light.
Speaker 2: Well, that brings me to a very important question. You've been in this way longer than I have. This is something that I have wrestled with Ina, with the subject for so many years when I started this, and I'm still what I would consider a flesh and blood quote unquote aper.
Speaker 3: When it comes to this, me too, one hundred percent right.
Speaker 2: But those kind of weird experiences that people say they have, and you experienced it first and right, does it bring you to a point where you go to yourself? Is it possible there are more to these creatures than what I believe and what most people that I follow and respect in this community and the subject believe. Is it possible there is some other aspect to these weird portions. And I'll give you a small snippet of what I experienced just a couple of years ago when we were out of the Pacific Northwest filming a documentary. I saw glowing eyes. And so many times I've had people come on the show and explain to me that they saw these eyes glowing, not reflecting light. I'm not talking about to pay them lucid them. I'm talking about glowing, physically making their own light. And even though I've went back and looked at the footage from the documentary, it appears to me that what I experience and what I've seen, even going back and looking at the footage, was two sets of glowing white eyes. And that is not possible as far as what we know to be possible for any known primate or great ape of any kind. We as human beings, we don't have it to pay them lucid them, so we can't even reflect light. So to say or suggest that something like these creatures are glowing or creating their own light source for their eyes is completely baffling to me. So given your own experiences and some of the other experiences I'm sure you've talked to people that have had weird things happen to them in relation or appearing to be in relation to these creatures. Has that changed your opinion or even influenced you at all. As far as there may be something more to these creatures than just flesh and blood.
Speaker 3: I've always been open minded to it. At my core, Brian, I'm really flesh and blood because at the end of the day, it leaves stool samples, It leaves blood, it leaves hair, it leaves footprints, it leaves impressions. That all indicates a physical being. Right now, I have no problem admitting that whatsoever, to me, Bigfoot is a flesh and blood creature. That being said, for me, it comes down to what can we prove. We can't prove anything, but we can prove enough to suggest that this is a physical creature. It becomes harder for us as a topic to make it more credible when we start introducing these fantastical elements. So what I do is I layer it like cake. You know, this is what I believe, because this is what we can stand on. These are some of the experiences that folks have had with things that don't quite fit in the dimension of the physical, either the physical realm or some other esoteric kind of scenarios. And then there's the features you're talking about, which could just be biological anomalies. We don't know because we can't prove the species yet. Right and again, I don't buy the argument that just because we can't or another species of eight can't, doesn't mean they can't. Like they could be different, they could have evolved differently, like we can't rule that out as an option, but we can't prove it. So where I kind of keep all the weird stuff in the back burner. I don't showcase it out there. I can't explain it. I have no rationalization for it. I have no rationalization to why we can follow footprints for yards. And then they stop. Either bigfoots the world's greatest moonwalker, or we don't have an answer right and not having that Okay, where we get into problems, Brian, is when the people that think they have that answer go out and start talking for us, and we all sound batshit crazy, like you got to step it backwards. Let's talk about what we can prove. Let's talk about this in a situation that scientists would accept it, and listen as we start documenting other things. If we can document it, if we can replicate it, if we can find an answer to it, we could start talking about it a little bit more. But these people that just start off at point C and they just think, Oh, all these things happen because this is how it is. It's a non physical, spiritual entity, which I don't believe because that's not what any of the evidence suggests. Your evidence is all I witness reports and no offense. It could be batshit crazy people reporting that stuff to you. I had a woman stand up in one of my presentations until the World. She was a ten thousand year old extraterrestrial and Bigfoot was her errand boy, I couldn't get up and the admonitor in front of all those people. It looked like the world it's the greatest asshole. All I could do is just nod my head and smile and say, well, that's a great take. I'd love to talk to you more about that. You know, I wasn't going to say, man, you're not someone to give this woman a straight jacket, take her out of here. You know those people exist. The problem is because the world likes the nut jobs. That's who gets the attention, and we can't afford that in this especially those of us like you and I that are on the scientific realm that want to get credence and legitimacy for this creature to get it proved. That kurts I don't want those folks to be embarrassed about what they believe. I just wanted to shut up, like, don't start off with that, Bring the subject in, get it established, and then we can prove this things exist, then maybe we can maybe get a little money, or maybe through observation, after we prove it's real, can validate some of these things. You're saying, well, we're not going to get anybody to listen to us if that's the presentation. It talked to me and it came to my back door, knocked and ask for garlic. You know, come on, jan that didn't happen. And you know it didn't happen. Someone hurt you years ago, and it gets you attention and that's what you thrive off of. And sadly, Brian, when you look at this, and I'm no psychologists, by the way, but I think in what we do we have to be not just as interviewers and show hosts, but as researchers. We have to understand people a little bit. People do things because they don't feel important or they need attention. And when you go through your life as somebody who's insignificant or has made filed insignificant, or has been hurt, and you get people to listen to you and people pay attention to you, you thrive on that. And that's what happens some of these offshoot groups and they become cult of personalities because people want to rally around them because they feel for them so bad. They want to believe, and they believe in them. The problem is in the scientific community that's crazy. That's called a cult.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: Then we don't want another Ruby Ridge or awaygo on our hands with bigfooters.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: What we want are people that go out and represent this community.
Speaker 4: Well, stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to sell right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: And it's very divided in this point woo you know, And I get hesitant because I have friends in the WU camp, But I don't consider them wooers. They're just friends that believe in something a little bit more than I'm willing to commit to. But I'll still sit down and listen to them because they're not batshit crazy. You know, they're not crazy. They just believe based on an experience they've had and things that they've done, that they connect with it on a different level. And that's okay. That's on them. But I can't validate that. All I can validate is what I've experienced, what other people have experienced, and what the evidence shows. That's it. I can't speak for anything else because there's nothing that tells that story. You and I have footprints. We have handprints. Could they all be made up by somebody? Sure they can. But we also have sightings and from credible people. That's the other part. I was going to ask you a question, and I'll ask the question now, being that your former law enforcement. Does it irritate you?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: How many people from law enforcement get into this?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I actually love it. I have some really good friends who are former law enforcement that are into this.
Speaker 3: Like you would think that these guys wouldn't want to, but I can tell you a good part of all my friends that I associate with outside of Bigfoot or all former law enforcement that love Bigfoot. They love the idea and the concept and the fact that half the time I'm a better cop than they are. They say, it's just just really funny because we take this to the next level someone like you who has that experience. You know, it's guys like you, guys like David Sagon that I look up to to kind of craft how to take this into a law enforcement approach. My partner, Matt Arner, is a cop. You know, My chief research partner is a cop, and I follow a lot of those methodologies because to me as a person, they make sense, Brian. So to me, it's funny when you say you got out of this at that point for you know, sixteen years. You didn't want to hurt your ability because it's a big deal. Somebody on the other side of the court gets that, and you're, you know, looking like a real fool. To me, it's crazy that how many people. I have a magistrate judge that comes to my speaking engagements and talks and gets me reports every now and then. He had me speak at his Lions Club at an event because I don't sound crazy. I sound reasonable and I sound credible, and I'm looking at this from the scientific perspective, and that's what we need, Brian. So we get more folks from law enforcement. I think that helps us. I think it's great. It's just to me, it's kind of crazy because, like you said, so many of them that are worried about a you know, a reputation. I guess I've never been worried about mine in that respect. If I'm crazy, I'm crazy. For me, this whole thing beats bowling. You know. It's been a great way to distract me from the world. When we all need a much needed distraction.
Speaker 2: I definitely agree, man and I get into that. I love David. He's one of my favorite people in this because he hasn't got a dog in the fight, He hasn't had his own experience. He looks at it from a very objective point of view. He's objective when it comes to the evidence that he looks at. He doesn't have a preconceived notion of what's going on. I want to shift gears a little bit and talk about something that came up a couple of years ago. For me, I had never seen the Legend of Boggi Creek, and it came out in the early seventies. I'm a seventies kid. I was born in seventy four. People were saying, how can you call yourself an actual Bigfoot researcher if you've never seen the Legend of Boggie Creek. So me and my former co host of that Bigfoot podcast, Wayne and I set down. He was in Tennessee. I was here in North Carolina. We watched the Legend of Bogie Creek, and I took two pages of notes during this film because it was one of the first places where we saw what was quote unquote expected when it comes to these encounters. And I want to ask you this. You've been doing this for twenty plus years as far as interviewing people and talking about these things, and I've gotten in some hot water on my own show, My Bread and Butter. I do this full time. I'm a full time podcaster, and I interview people who have had experiences with these creatures, and I get into a little bit of hot water because I think I'm pretty honest. I talked about this in my first books, I Squatch Unleash the Truth behind the Legend. I talk a little bit about the influence of pop culture and what we consume as people that are into the subject, and how that influences our own potential experiences. And I think we have to be honest. I've talked about this tons of times over the last few years. We have to be honest. I think as podcasters and people who collect these stories put them out there. Your show is certainly very similar to mine as a repository for these kind of experiences. You and I will be long gone in one hundred years, but people can go back after you and I are gone and listen to all of these interviews that we've done one hundred years from now, so we are a repository for these experiences. And when I took those two plus pages of notes, there were certain through lines that from nineteen seventy one or seventy two, when this film came out, through twenty twenty six are there. There's a smell, the ominous feeling of being watched. The entire place went quiet. There was no squirrels, there was no frogs, there was no cicadas. Everything went quiet. It even felt like the world was holding its breath when of these things were around. There's a litany of these particular quote unquote things that go on with these experiences.
Speaker 3: It always follows the creeks, always travels the creeks.
Speaker 2: We've talked about this, we're talking fifty plus years. Let me ask you this. I'm gonna get to a question. I promise as a podcaster who has been in this for twenty plus years, have you seen a trend because here's one of two things that's happening here. Either all of that shit is true, all of those things happen when you're having a bigfoot experience, or it's what is expected when you're having a bigfoot experience, and I have found myself honestly, over the last couple of years interviewing people, I start checking boxes when they start talking about these things, because I'll be honest, summer of twenty twenty four, I was ten feet away from these creatures. I didn't smell anything, I didn't feel that same feeling of being watched. I didn't feel that ominous feeling. None of those things were present for me. And I'm not saying that's not possible. But I guess the question for you, as someone who's been in this for twenty plus years interviewing witnesses who have had these kind of experiences, have you considered the fact of how much of what's been out there in the documentaries, the movies, the docu dramas, whatever the case may be, how much has that truly influenced what people are reporting that they experienced during these encounters. Because I don't think that most of these people are making these things up whole cloth, but I think we have to be intellectually honest with ourselves and our audience that there is a potential for that happening. So succinctly, I guess the question for you is how much of that have you experienced in your career with interviewing people for your show.
Speaker 3: I think a lot, and I don't think as intentional like you said. I go back to my sighting that I told you about, didn't really have the feeling of being watched, didn't have the smell, didn't even look like a traditional version of what a bigfoot should look like. Mine looked like a big, lanky, NBA kind of built. It wasn't the big hulking It was very spell to moved so gracefully. And then I go back and think about the Patterson film and how Patty had breasts, and then the artistic rendition that Roger pattersond used for his book also had a bigfoot the head breast, but was also from the William Rose siding that the creature had breasts. So which came first, the chicken or the egger? Do the bigfoots really have breasts?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: So from the beginning of this, how much did Albert Ousman contaminate Bigfoot with that story? So we go back and you know, go through all that. For us, it's been happening from the beginning. The more and more we talk about it, the more we put it out there, to your point, I think people tell us things not because they happened, but because they're expected to happen. Now, I call that all ancillary, because there's one thing you can't fabricate, in my opinion, is the genuine reaction you get from somebody when they've seen and experienced something they really can't explain. That's telling you know, it's not that all I heard at would knock fourteen times. So first of all, I don't even think we really talking about wood knocking before the nineties. Stan Gordon, longtime researcher Stan Gordon, who's a little bit more on the side right and I were talking. He goes, we never talked about that in the seventies. That was never a thing, you know, So things like that that I don't know why the hell we do it, but you know, people do. You know, we've influenced it so much. And I think people tell us because they want us to be hooked again, Brian. They want us to listen, you know, because in that moment they have a story to tell, and maybe if they make it just a little bit more exciting, we won't have a hard time believing them. Because I think unintentionally sometimes I come across as I don't want to say disinterested asshole. I just come across as somebody that's serious, because this is serious to me, like it's my time. That's why it's my time, and I'm coming out here to talk to you. I want to get as much information from you as possible. We need you, and in doing so, we need you to be as honest with us as possible. Like I said, sometimes it's unintentional. They're going to fill in those blanks that maybe they're having from memory because that's what they've seen on the shows. And Guy said earlier, we've created the world's greatest GUIDs to hoaxing. But you really have to go with your gut. You being former law enforcement, know what I'm talking about. With that gut feeling, something's just not adding up, it's not right.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: And that's where it goes with me. And if I have reservations, I share it. I don't share it so much with the witness as I share it with my partner. I always do this stuff with Matt or with James Baker, because you know, first of all, Matt's cop James Baker, who's you know, my sardonic sarcastic best friend. He's a skeptic, he's skeptical. We went out on an investigation one time and there's all these researchers around the hood of this car looking at a photograph, and the guy's talking about this bigfoot photo he has, and then all of a sudden he starts talking about, well, here's a gray in this picture, and then here's a panther. And Baker's like, I'm gonna stop you for a second. Do you have the original picture?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it in the car. So here's all this researchers. None of us thought to ask that question. We're looking at it in large bit of a photograph. He goes in, comes back out, puts on the car, and it's a picture outside his grandmother's bay window into her garden. We're looking at artifacts in a photograph of a garden. And it just took the wind out of the crew. You know, everybody that was there. Just took the wind out everybody because Baker asked one question, do you have the original? That just cost us thirty five minutes of owing and on over a photograph of somebody's grandma's garden. So it's like little moments like that, and having people that are grounded and having an alternate point of view that I think also help us weed through that. Keeping ourselves in check, that helps because we have made it so easy, Brian, to hoax, not intentionally. You or I don't do Sasquatch audits or your sascatch experience to bring people to hoax us. No, we bring it to share information. That's what happens. Information's dangerous, and unfortunately that's the net result of our sharing is people are going to get better. AI is the big thing right now.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you, Brian, I don't have a hard time telling when something's a not yet. I'm sure it's going to come. But when you and I go see King Kong versus Godzilla, which is the major motion picture with the best special effects imaginable, it still looks like a damn fake monkey to me.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It's another James Baker joke. Someone was wearing a big Foot costume at a conference and the guy said something about a suit. What did he say, gimblin and Patterson only had the one or something like that. Everybody wanted to persecute him because he was making a joke. And people take that seriously too, right, you get those crowds that you got to have a sense of humor in this. If you don't have a sense of humor, you're setting yourself up for fail. Mike, friends, you know Gwen Purcell and her husband great sense of humors. You have to have good sense of humors in this, and I've been lucky to meet great people with good sense of humor. While we take this seriously, Brian, it's a serious thing, it's also got to be fun because when it's not fun, I don't want to do this. I don't want to do this if it's not fun.
Speaker 2: I am the same way, my friend. I did not miss the fact that you talked about out writing a book. I wrote three books in twenty twenty five. I've got two books that are currently published on the subject.
Speaker 3: I have them back here on my shelf.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the Sasquatch experience, what people can expect when they check that out, let's talk a little bit about your process for the book and what that's going to look like when you get it finished.
Speaker 3: Working with Small Town Monsters Publishing on the book, because you know, I've been friends with Seth Breedlove since they made Mi Nerve a Monster, which is my least favorite Down Monsters movie. I always tell Seth I hate that movie, but I love Seth. I met his parents they were selling merchandise at a table at one of the conferences. I got to know him well over the years and they've just become good friends. And I like what they do, you know. And I think if you're going to put a lot of effort and thought into it like you do, and you know a lot of our friends out there, I'm going to support you in any way I can. And then because I've been a good supporter, you know, and I've been in some of their features and whatnot. I've been wanting to write a book forever and people have been interested in me writing a book. Why I don't know, but it's been a process.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It's hard to narrow down the important parts of thirty years and to try to make it captivating to people, because you know, when you're thinking about it, like, oh, I've gone over the shit in my head now thirty forty times, it's not so interesting to me, but to other people what I'm doing is I'm writing now I'm having to go back in and add more detail because I'm like, I've really made this to general. I got to go back and put more into this or people aren't going to like it. And I'm writing with Matt Arner, not just with me. Matt and I are writing it together, So it's going to be a little kind of biographical in terms of my research. You're going to get a good insight into me why I think the way I think I feel, some of the early cases I investigated, some of the stuff we've done, and then the back of it. We're going to kind of helpe as like a repository of sightings from Pennsylvania because we've kind of stayed local. There's a whole world out there. I get it, but I'm also a practical person and I want to be able to get my vehicle and go to these places in research. If there's a sighting, I want to be able to get to it quick. I don't want to have to get onto a plane and fly across the country. I want to be a to go out and do it. So we stay local because you get to know those areas better than anybody. And when something's out of place and something's not right, you know what you know, something like that'll be in the book too. So Matt and I are putting that together and hopefully they get humor and fun because I really am about that. Sometimes I'm not good at conveying that because I have to be the serious one on the show, like I have to be the adult in the room because the rest of them are adult children. I'm famous for my occasional all I ask is for one hour and haf in a week. You know, I'm famous for having to drop that during the show. I'm very sophomoric with my humor. I'm a dad. My kids are very fortunate to have me as a father. I like to say that a lot, because I'm a cool dad. I love to have my kids around. Two My kids are adults now. My daughter's twenty three. She goes to all the functions with me where there's art. She loves art. And then my son, he's nineteen. He's more just in women than Bigfoot. And then I've got a younger son who's fifteen, and I don't think he's really into this Brian. I think he humors me because I'm dad. But my hilson has actually gone out in the field and done research with May and hopefully he'll come back after I realize women are nothing but trouble.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I want them to get those insights into me too, because you only get a snippet of us. You get us for an hour every other week on a show, and if you get to know us as friends, that's great. But I just want people to get to know why this is important to me, why I've spent so much time on it. I'm not crazy. I think I've talked to therapists over the years for various things. None of it's ever been about Bigfunt. That's my outlet, you know. Like I said earlier, this beats bowling for me, right, this is where I have my fun. And the thing is I've got to meet incredible people that I never would have meant for.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: We got to meet college professors, you get to meet TV stars, you get to meet the greatest people on the planet that are in this field. I've got to meet them all, and I think they're great. There's very few people I want to hit with a brick, you know, and unfortunately they're out there, but try to stay away from them. I just love this man. It's been fun to meet people like you. I'll be it very briefly when we were in Tennessee, because people don't realize we're working at those events. They're not vacations, we're working. That's another thing. Sometimes I feel bad because I'm talking to somebody and I don't want them to think they're not getting my full attention. But there's like four other people over here, you know how it is, that want to talk and they want to share something with you, and they're waiting and they're looking at you. I'm like, what am I going to do? Tell them to speed it up, you know, help meet here. You know, I want the book to be able to showcase that, because without all of them, without the people that listen, without the people that experience and the people that report it, we're just sitting on old shit. You know, we're just going to be talking about the Patterson Giblin film for another fifty years. And I can't do that. I will go insane. I will go and saying if that's the case.
Speaker 2: I am right there with you, Sean. I hope you will come back when the book is out. We'd love to have you back on Sasquatch Odyssey. But before we get out of here. I want you to talk a little bit about the sasquats experience. You are one of the og when it comes to podcasting in this space, So let's talk a little bit about the Sasquats experience. What they can expect when they check it out.
Speaker 3: You can experience bad audio quality, which it never seems like we can get it right, Like if you go back and look through all the comments, or your audio sucks, well you suck? Okay, how about that? Open your ears? You ever think about getting your ears checked? Why does it always have to be like, look, if you look at all the shit I have here, this is expensive. This wasn't free. I had to pay for this. Now my co hosts, on the other hand, we have problems. I'm not going to lie. But that's the charm of the show, right. Everybody brings a unique experience. But we talk about current events, We talk to researchers. We haven't really talked to a lot of witnesses, but we're going to start trying to bring that on again, mainly because a lot of you guys talk about witnesses. We're just trying to kind of set it up and you know, trying to be a little different. There are a lot of us, but there aren't as many as there were at its peak. Like I remember at one point in time, you know, you would listen to one guest on one show and the next thing you know, they're on somebody else's show in a half hour. Somebody drabbed them that quick, and so we're just trying to keep it fresh. Everybody's working out their own little niche, you know, and keeping it real for the people that enjoy this topic. It's fun and it's got to stay that way and hopefully they get that from the show. Sometimes it's adult themed in terms of the language. Sometimes it gets a little spicy, you know. We had an episode where somebody sent us a copy of a book called The Sensual Sasquatch and it was all about sexuals Sasquatch encounters, and so we tried to talk about that. The conversation didn't last very long because they are a bunch of children. We got a nasty graham from a listener. You guys are perverts, because Baker asked if Bigfoot had a penis or a red rocket. That was the question. Honestly, Brian, If we look at all the reports, there's conflictions there. Where do we go, there's conflictions, So you got to approach the topic sensitively, I guess. But you know, we try to inject humor and we try to have fun. But at the end of the day, you know, we are a little protective about this because as much as we want to have humor and fun, we also want people to be honest and as detail oriented as possible to get us information. And because we do research, that's the core of it. We do get out there and investigate and hopefully people tune in. It's every other Monday night at nine o'clock. We're on Facebook and YouTube at Sasquatch Experience. I make it simple for everybody. If you want to follow me on social media, it's Sean Forker. I don't hide behind a pseudonym. I'm me everywhere. If you want to follow a Sasquatch Experience, you find Sasquatch Experience. It's us everywhere. It's just simple. You know, in the twenty thirty years I've been involved in this research, twenty years of podcasting, nobody's ever come to my house and tried to kill me. So I haven't needed to come up with a pen name like anybody else. It's just you know, I have fun doing it, and if you want to talk hit me up. You might not like the conversation. I've had people call me at two o'clock in the morning. What do you think about this? I think you ought to read a book and hang up. You know, there's these great things, Brian. You're familiar with them because you've written three and probably will write forty. But there's these things called books that people write that research to put information in them. Folks, you would benefit yourself or you'd go out and read them. And they make audio books. If you can't read or don't like to read, there's audio books, so that information's out there. Listen to all our shows. So if you listen to our shows, there's a lot of answers in there, so you don't have to call us at two o'clock in the morning and give us a theory that was proven incorrect in nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 2: Once again, one of the many many reasons I love Sean Forker. You guys, go check out the Sasquatch experience. I cannot lie. The author of the Sensual Sasquatch reached out to me a couple of years ago. I have a copy of it upstairs right now as we record this next to my bed. I got through the first few chapters and I had to put it down. I've never had him on the show, but we might eventually. On Sasquatch Odyssey.
Speaker 3: We didn't have them on. We just talked about the book and that was controversial enough. But I think it'll be worth it because you know what the thing is, Brian. Nobody's had him on yet, so you'll have to get them on.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: We'll make it easy for everybody, as we always do. The link to check out Sad Squatch Experience will be right here in the show notes. You guys go over and check it out. Show Sean and his co host some love Sean, Thank you so much, man. This has been a long time coming and I have had an absolute blast having you on the show.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for coming on.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you. It's been a lot of fun. Brian, and we got to get you on Sasquatch Experience now so you can experience the tribunal for yourself and we'll have a good time.
Speaker 2: I am always down, my friend.
Speaker 3: Thanks buddy.
Speaker 5: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay. I don't want to be happenchant this child, that child. Everything came right back, riding back, joy from me, Joy staying right, You come in right away. Still step doss, still stay pass, still states gainst us stass