Speaker 1: Minnesota, Goodbye. We're gonna start off with a little bit of a scandal because apparently I am on a page that says like a Facebook page. I think that says are we dating the same person? And there is a picture of me, and people are saying, oh, I'm dating this guy. I'm dating this guy, and I'm obviously married and not dating anybody. So but the funny thing is it's not me, but there are people who are going, oh my god, that's day. And Bailey looked at it and said, this looks like Ai.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just like slightly tweaked with AI to resemble you more, but Jenny was like, no, it just looks like you.
Speaker 1: I agree. It's funny because when people say this person looks like you to me, they really don't. And I get that once in a while. I've just got one of those faces. I guess you would do that with Jenny once in a while. It's like, Jenny, this girl looks just like you, but they don't look just like Jenny. They look kind like Jenny. But this guy looks something like me, but he's had a much taller forehead.
Speaker 3: It's more like the eyes that I thought were in the eyes Man, and he's super hot.
Speaker 1: So, and he's super hot, and he's also probably a good fifteen to twenty years younger than me. So I thought this was kind of funny. All right, Moving on to the emails this week, and let's get started. Are you ready? Good morning? Got a question for you, guys. I'm planning to go to a local restaurant with about six people. They add on an eighteen percent hospitality charge to my bill. Do I still tip on top of this?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: If the total is two hundred dollars and they add on eighteen percent thirty six dollars, do I tip twenty percent more, forty dollars or more depending on the total versus subtotal. I think tipping is stupid for various reasons. I wish they could do whatever the industry needs to do to get rid of it. I hate having that moment of indecision at the table because I don't want to tip double, but I also don't want to stiff the weight staff. Thoughts, I would say no, don't tip, because if they have taken what I feel is an in consider it move to put their own tip, I would have tipped more. I mean I always tip at least twenty percent, so it's easy to figure for every hundred dollars that's another twenty bucks. Yeah, and I usually tip, like, you know, thirty on one hundred dollars. I try to be generous. But if they've already calculated the tip at eighteen percent, I'm like, fuck you. You decided for me that I am going to tip, but you screwed yourself by not letting me tip the amount that I want to tip.
Speaker 2: Sure, well, I wouldn't say that they're like screwing it because I totally get like the eighteen percent like built in tip. It's just so that I honestly I like it when it's built in like that, because I'm like, okay, well good, then I don't have to tip anything.
Speaker 1: I think you don't tip extra on it, Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Usually don't, even though, yes, I would normally tip twenty percent or like twenty two percent because I like to even out my round number there. But I if it's already built in, i'd be like, well, then I don't have to add in anything.
Speaker 3: I think, so, Jenny, Yeah, I don't tip on top of those. Usually I'm the same way as you guys. I would say that having previously been in the position where I could put eighteen percent on a table. I'll be honest, like we judge based on like these are already built in. But like at Bubba Gumps, we have the opportunity to put a tip, an eighteen percent tip on parties of six or more, and depending on my interaction with them, I would have the tip on or I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Because you think that they're not gonna tip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because some people are just awful and you're like, well, then you're getting this because I'm allowed to do that for party six or more. If it's a great group and I feel like they're gonna tip me twenty percent, then I take the gamble and I would so. But yeah, a lot of these restaurants do that. Now, I don't tip more if I have really phenomenal service. A lot of times I will.
Speaker 1: Above that. I agree, yes, if it's really phenomenal and they're just really personable and they keep my water glass full and they like, you know, bring hot rolls or whatever. What about Jenny. This has always puzzled me. The menu were the there will be a sign that says we automatically add a gratuity eighteen percent to parties of six or more or eight or more. Why is that?
Speaker 3: I think it's just because it's a little bit more work to do larger parties on your own a lot of times. So I think it's just like an industry standard, because a party of two is pretty simple. A party of like eight, You're like, the amount of time you have to spend on a party of eight versus a party of two is like four times the amount.
Speaker 1: And if they stiff you, then you're losing a tip on really hard work, right. And the sad thing is that anybody would stiff like you would have a party of eight and go, well, I'm not going to tip. Yeah, And there's certain people who just don't tip.
Speaker 3: Right, You've never been a server at the Mall of America, What do you mean? It just it was pretty regular to get stiffed at the Mall, was it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can't imagine the mindset of somebody who doesn't tip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean people come in to be fair. Bubba Gump's like seems like this gimmicky, cheap restaurant and it's not. It's kind of expensive when it comes down to it. So people come in, they get their light up glass and their fancy cocktails, and you get to take a souvenir cup home, and all of a sudden, their bills one hundred and twenty bucks when they expected it to be forty, and they're like, well, shit, guess I can't tip?
Speaker 2: Then yeah, I don't go okay.
Speaker 1: Next one says, please don't say my name. Longtime listener, I want to echo what others say about mor Vont. He is the first one in a very long time that I could see taking over for Dave when he retires in about twenty fifty. Twenty fifty. Oh my god. I want to write and follow up on Friday's topic of rounding up and goodwill. First, Goodwill is a charity. They're legit rounding up a goodwill. This one chaps my ass every single time your total is eighteen twenty seven? Would you like to round up? Are you serious?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 1: No, I would not like to round up. You just sold me a bag of things that people donated to you. It's all round up. You didn't have to pay a dime for your inventory. Ask my twelve year old. This is a regular rant in my car after I stop at Goodwill. I'm glad to donate there and shop there, but stop asking me four more anyhow, Thanks for touching a nerve. I love this stuff. And I will not say their name, but I will send you a staff writer sticker. Any thoughts on rounding up at Goodwill? Anybody?
Speaker 3: I mean, I love Goodwill, so I don't shop there a ton, but I only have great things to say about Goodwill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I shop there all the time, and I always round up just because yes, I'm donating clothes to them, but it's still a charity regardless, and they do good work for people with special needs to get jobs, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sydney writes in Dave Jenny Bailey, I gotta jump in on the conversation about putting your cart away with children. Now. We talked about this about, you know, put your cart away in the cart corral after you shop, and then somebody said, well, the only reason would be you have little kids. You don't want to leave them alone unattended in the car, cause you never know what's going to happen. And I said, okay, justified. The other night it was at Byerley's with the little girls four and two. I'm in the car, got him strapped in, and you know, the parking lot was kind of deserted, so I did push it the probably thirty yards away to the cart corral. But I could definitely see how a mom or dad would maybe not want to leave their kids unattended. They go on to say, I'm a mother of a year and a half year old and soon have my second. There is no excuse to not put away your shopping cart, plan ahead and park near a corral if you're worried about walking away from your child in the car. Jenny made a good suggestion of bringing your kid to the car corral, but I agree it would be more difficult with multiple children, but it's definitely a viable option if you can't leave them alone in a locked vehicle for less than ten seconds. Being a parent is not a handicap. Whoa oh oh, that is all no darting or looking for me. I asked my husband. He says he's okay without it. Okay, that's funny. Cheers from staff writer Sydney. Thank you, Sydney man.
Speaker 2: I like that statement, Jean.
Speaker 3: A part isn't a handicap because I feel like I have friends who you know, they're my age and they don't have kids yet, but then they work with people who have kids and suddenly like their kids are an excuse for them to get out of work. And then their friends, my friends have to cover their work.
Speaker 2: And it's like, yeah, I have said that before too.
Speaker 3: And I know that, like this is coming from experience of not having children myself, but I do think it's unfair to have like the other people cover your work.
Speaker 2: Yes, when I worked in retail, I always got the worst shifts ever. Or I was like or we would be doing inventory and they'd be like, okay, well some people get to leave at ten and some of you have to stay until one who's going to get to leave at ten? And everybody like, well I have kids. I'd be like, well, I want to freaking sleep, Like can I go home? Nope, I gotta stay because I don't have kids. I don't got a family to go back to. I can't be tired because I don't have any kids that keep me up all the time. None of my feelings or experiences were valid because I didn't have children. I oh gosh, I was always mad about it.
Speaker 1: Now I do have kids, but I've also have had a partner who will you know, share those responsibilities and my job is a job where I can't cut out early. Yeah, I mean, you know, we're on for four hours a day and if there was an emergency or something, or it was like I left early on Allison's first day of kindergarten. But I will try to take the other side and say, you know, if your kid's got a dentist appointment and you need to leave at four rather than five, I mean, I guess that's kind of the way it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then let's make sure you get your work done so that it doesn't fall on someone else, because, like you, having kids shouldn't mean that someone else has to take.
Speaker 2: Over your work.
Speaker 1: True. I would wonder what moms or dads would say about that one, because we've had this discussion before on the show, and we definitely had a very vocal segment of people who were saying, look, you don't understand I'm the parent, and so I'm just trying to vouch for those people. But I don't remember any good arguments.
Speaker 3: So I will say, like, I hope my family doesn't listen to this, and I don't think they do. But I just know that my older sister she's the only one that has kids in our family, and a lot of things revolve around her and being able to do things with the kids. And it's like my mom and younger sister get really frustrated with that. I don't care, because, like I get that she has kids and we have more flexibility in our schedule, but my mom and younger sister have become very fed up with that situation, like she's never willing to do anything unless it really works with her schedule and it doesn't matter to me one way or another.
Speaker 2: I'm not home enough.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that is definitely a very touchy point in the relationship with my family.
Speaker 1: Oh bet it is, Hello, Jenny. I want to start off by saying, I went to your fit club this week, Kay, after many months of attempting to attend it but at being full, and it was so fun. As a self proclaimed jim junkie and marathon runner, I didn't think the class was too hard in the moment, but lo and behold the next day, I know, Lie had to use a grab bar in a public restroom to lower myself onto the toilet because my legs were so sore. That's how you know it's working. Yeah, if you're not sore after a workout, I will oversimplify and say you didn't work hard enough. Yeah, and I think that's true. How I know when I got a really good workout of I'm kind of like I. Coming the next day, I'm like, oh, Jenny, God, I can barely walk. We did goblet squats. That's how I know it worked. I miss Naughty Tuesday because I love the shock value of the Minnesota Goodbye. I've got an embarrassing sex story for you, and love for you and your listeners to share stories. Okay, well, we'll open it up to embarrassing sex stories if you got one. I was living with my parents and began dating my now husband now, so remember they're living with their parents. I had my bag packed to spend one of our first weekends together at his place. Now. For some reason, my mom was looking through my packed Duffel bag. Overly nosy and unaware of boundaries is her specialty, although she claims she was missing a shirt and just wanted a double check that I had not accidentally packed it. And sure enough, going through my duffel bag, my mom found the what do you think I'm gonna say?
Speaker 2: Cockering cockering, Bailey, what do you beads?
Speaker 1: Beads? No, anybody anymore guesses?
Speaker 3: Giant rabbit, vibrator, dildo thing?
Speaker 2: No, Bailey, Oh I don't know what are my other opp handcuffs?
Speaker 1: Handcuffs is correct? Yes, yes, when I went to grab my bag, they were sitting on top. Huh. To this day, my husband and I shudder at the thought and wish it was just a bad dream. Your turn. That is from kJ. I've told the story before, and it was not a sex story. Well, Susan, years and years ago, we tried to use handcuffs on the towel bar when we first moved here. Take it a shower, the towel bar in the bathroom. Okay, so yeah, where you hang a towel. So and I handcuffed her or she handcuffed me to the towel bar and proceeded to pull the towel bar off the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're not on there very surely.
Speaker 3: No. Did you have to get some new dry wall and stuff in there?
Speaker 1: I don't remember it was. It was literally back in the nineties. I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Nowhere else you could put the handcuffs attached to you like you didn't have any bedframe that you could do it. I think about it in my house. There's nothing I could attach handcuffs too.
Speaker 2: I've tried.
Speaker 1: Pick a tree, trying to think. No, I don't think that we considered anywhere else. I mean again, I don't really remember. But if you had a story about some a sex story gone awry, send that in. And if you want to stay anonymous, of course we will keep you anonymous. Let's see what else we got here that might be it. Let's see. Yeah, Okay, here we go. It is kind of for Jenny. We saved it for you. Jenny. OK, good morning. My apologies is this has been discussed or you? Jenny, you've given an update, But I too have been dealing with anxiety panic attacks, and I've been on medication for six weeks. I have quit drinking for the past year because I would get so terribly terrible anxiety and panic attacks. Jenny, I know you quit drinking too, but are you part taking now? If so, has the medication help with your anxiety the next morning? I would like to be able to have a couple of drinks when I go out with my friends, and I'd like to know if there is hope Jenny Alcohol medication, any thoughts.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: So I actually just had a friends giving this weekend and I went into it thinking like, I think I'm going to try to have a glass or two of wine, and I did and it was okay. What happens to me now, though, is like I'll have a drink and two hours later my heart is racing. And luckily the medication keeps me more calm now in those situations where before it would cause like almost an anxiety attack, anxiety whatever you want to call it. But I didn't experience that on Saturday, and that's one of the first times I feel like I was able to drink and I didn't experience anything, And the next day I felt fine. So I only had probably a glass and a half of wine. I didn't go crazy or anything like that. But in the last three months, I've maybe had one other glass of wine outside of that, because it really just isn't great. But I'm slowly testing the waters.
Speaker 1: Because that's my girl.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm listen. I'm not gonna be the girl going out and taking shots anymore. That's not who I am really, But I do still enjoy getting a little tipsy off some wine with some girlfriends a happy hour or something, you know, and I want to be able to do that, but I'm not going to put my mental health in jeopardy because of that, So I've just kind of withheld. However, we're getting back on the horse, baby girl.
Speaker 1: Okay. Very interesting, Yeah, because I think got to figure there's probably like alcohol is a depressant, and I got to imagine that it kind of works differently with medications. I don't know. I think the best anti anxiety drug there is is alcohol, because if you are anxious, in the words of Homer Simpson, sweet liquor helps numb the pain.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, twenty two year old Jenny thought that all the time. I was the most anxious human ever. But I was drinking three days a week and I just kept going and going and probably not realizing how bad that was like making my anxiety.
Speaker 1: Dang you last one, Dave, Jenny Bailey Vant. We all know the story about how you, Dave missed a party in which you were invited personally by Prince to Paisley Park. Very very quick story is that, I guess back in the nineties, Prince was listening to our show and he heard me do something and he liked me for whatever reason, and he said, I like this guy. I want to invite him to one of my big parties at Paisley Park. Well, his assistant called the radio station and I was never in. I never got the message. And the night of the party, Prince said, hey, is Dave Ryan here? And is this assistant said no, we couldn't get a hold of him. And I only found this out about five years ago. Oh no, and that I was invited to a Prince party and he wanted to meet me. Yeah, And I think I would have been so starstruck and so nervous. I would have been like the worst party guest ever, like, yeah, I like your please, it's a purple.
Speaker 2: Story struck at once.
Speaker 3: I do not think you would be like that.
Speaker 1: I think with Prince it would have been overwhelming, surreal. Yeah, you know what I mean to meet you know, to meet Diana Pears is one thing. To meet I don't know, Pat say Jack would be another thing. But to meet Prince it would be like it's fucking Prince, you know. Yeah, And so anyway, they go on with this question we all know your opinion of Prince's lyrics. Had you got because I think he's got very stupid lyrics and they work. You know, whatever this some of his song lyrics are very stupid, but it doesn't matter. They work. So, had you gotten to the party and become friends with Prince, would you have told him your opinion or would you have kept it to yourself? Well?
Speaker 2: I like that. The jump is if you've gone to the party and you become friends with Prince, a natural chain of events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we start hanging out playing basketball, and like I help him move and he comes over to help me paint my kitchen. You know what I mean. I mean, if sure, I probably would have been like, okay, raspberry beret, Okay, I wouldn't change his stroke, because baby, I'm the most of the something. I wouldn't, you know, as stupid lyrics. I wouldn't change a stroke as a stupid lyric. If I knew him and we were hanging out Peyton in the kitchen, I'd be like, are you really proud of the lyrics in like you know, darling nicky and he would have probably said, nah, they're pretty stupid.
Speaker 2: And he would have gone ha ha ha ha, And then he would have both cracked open a beer and cheersed each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but I would not have gone to his party and said, hey, good to meet you. By the way, your lyrics are stupid because I'm just not that big of a clod hopper. Yeah, I am a clod hopper socially.
Speaker 2: You were bleeding from your neck for like an hour the other day.
Speaker 1: With true story. That's true story to me. I went to I'll tell the story. Even though I told it on the radio, maybe you heard it. I went to this party, this big giant fashion fance with BEAUTI what is it? The room just the most gorgeous people ever Bailey and I kept looking at people, going, oh my god, he is so gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Like we're the ugly ones here.
Speaker 1: We were the ugly ones there. And I was looking at this woman and she I was like, I wanted so badly to go introduce myself to her because she was probably what would you say, fifty Oh the.
Speaker 2: Blue suit lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, blue sue lady.
Speaker 2: Kept talking about her all night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was so gorgeous. She looked like AI to me, she had the most piercing beautiful blue eyes, so fashionable, and I wanted to go. I just wanted to go introduce myself, not to try to seduce her, yes, because you know.
Speaker 2: But you were just striked by I wanted to.
Speaker 1: Say hi and say I think you know, like say something like I might do I know you from somewhere? Yeah, because I wanted to find out if she was like a surgeon or own the Twins or something, because she looked very impressive. And but I had blood on my neck.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So the story was I went to this party and for the first half an hour forty five minutes, I wandered around bleeding out of my neck. And because bleeding out of my neck, and somebody came up to me and said, sir, you cut yourself shaving, And Jason Matheson said, oh my god, you're bleeding. And it was not a spot of blood. It was a running drop of blood down my neck. Horrific. Yeah, And so that's the end of the That was.
Speaker 2: The clod hoppery thing.
Speaker 1: That was the clod hoppery.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you are such a clod hopper. Maybe not in front of prince, but if you were bleeding, then it would check out.
Speaker 3: My question for about this woman, was she a model or she was just there at the event.
Speaker 1: She was a she was modeling. Yeah, so she was a model with us.
Speaker 2: I mean, so were we?
Speaker 3: No, I guys were, But I was confused just because you said she was fifty. And I feel like all the models I saw that weren't like the locals were like the young twenty something, you know.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of young people that were modeling. As matter of fact, there were like five young swimsuit male swimsuit models. Yeah, and they were doing push ups backstage before they went on to beef up their muscles. Yeah, because if you do like a lot of work, you get like all the blood goes to your muscles and you look buff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And did you see this.
Speaker 2: I didn't see them doing the push ups, but the I did see the people who were like modeling, the like the fashion designer of the night, all of her clothes were like teeny tiny people. And one of them was standing in front of me before he walked on, and I was like, oh, I'm nervous. She's like, you've never done this before. It's like, no, clearly not look at me, girlipop No. But yeah, it was still fun though it was.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun. It was very interesting. The place was full of beautiful very fashionable people. Yeah, and so yeah, this woman, I still it will haunt me to the end of my days. Who was this beautiful creature that to do.
Speaker 2: It next year? See your next year?
Speaker 1: I might And her hair was perfect, and she was so fashionable and.
Speaker 2: Forced to hang out with me instead, I.
Speaker 1: Had to hang out with fucking Bailey all night. Bailey's bitch all night was I'm on your.
Speaker 2: Draft, I was, I'm I realized we had to dress like we were rich people for the one hour before we had to go and change into our outfits. But god, I wore pants and cotton in a sea of like sparkly rich people. Yeah, it sound like I'm gonna cry.
Speaker 1: I look like a clawed high.
Speaker 2: It did look like a fra.
Speaker 1: I think you should call this episode Clawdehi writing it down. But no, it was a lot of fun and I am not a fashion person, but it was a fun thing to do. We raised a I don't know how much they raised, but they charged one hundred and fifty dollars per ticket, and they did raffles and auctions, so I'm sure they raised many, many thousands of dollars for Children's Masonic.
Speaker 2: Which was the Gopher was there, which was my gold apart.
Speaker 1: Goldie was there, and Goldie is I mean, just you know, Goldie's a riot. That is it for the Minnesota. Goodbye. Send your funny sex stories in and anything else you want to talk about. We love your emails. They are the heart and soul of the Minnesota. Goodbye. Send those to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.