Speaker 1: All right, This segment right here is brought to you by Hertato Barbecue. Some of the best barbecue could ever have locations in Mansfield. Let's see Fort Worth and Arlington, two locations of global life Field and Skin. You just went to the brand new Hurtato at the Dallas Farmers Market. I went with the whole family on a Saturday afternoon and that location is so cool. I don't know if you've been to the Dallas Farmer's Market on a weekend before, but it's unbelievable, Like, the vibes are so cool and man, they got a great corner location. Obviously, the food is off the charts. They got special you know, Brandon called in last week. They have special menu items just at that Farmer's Market location, as well as their favorites and then a dope bar.
Speaker 2: I was blown away.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy for the Hurtado folks to be in the two one four proper because it was dynamite. Well, we've talked about the Luca trade quite a bit. It's dominating everything in Dallas, Fort Worth and with Skin and Eye. You know, when we do these radio segments here, we talked for about twelve minutes or so and we play some tunes, but on our YouTube channel we had the chance to just talk about it until we were done talking. We talked for an hour and forty five minutes. We put a video out yesterday. We'd like to see it. Just go to YouTube dot com slash, Bend and Skin. It's a video of us just breaking down every single aspect of this trade. But we want to hear from you, so right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Was I supposed to do an intro here? Oh? No, that's fine. Cool. I was not aware of that.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Can you sing around the sports for us?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: We're gonna do around the sports fun? Okay, we don't have that now, it's tweets. We're around.
Speaker 3: Now, let's cool around the sports.
Speaker 2: Kat fuck Queints has all the sports? Yea about that? It's all good. You got a lot going on.
Speaker 1: You were just talking to all these callers that called, and so we're grateful for that, and you've got five calls lined up.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you. Are sweet, sweet listeners.
Speaker 1: This is a chance for you to talk on one of the biggest radio stations in Dallas Fort Worth and let your opinion be heard.
Speaker 2: We're the home of the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: Heck, there might be a lot of MAVs officials listening to us right now, right that's all they listened to is get a little rock and little MAVs talk together.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna play more Pearl Jam later?
Speaker 1: And so this is your chance to sound off now because we are an awesome rock station and the home of the Mavericks. Whoever has the best call, We're gonna give you tickets to go see Shine Down. Yes now, Christina, m myself and Skin will decide who is the best caller. So after you have your call with us, don't hang up or you'll disqualify yourself from potentially winning those tickets.
Speaker 2: So let's go through the phones.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Mikey P Mikey, what are your thoughts on the Luca trade?
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Michael oh Man?
Speaker 4: I I'm pissed, man. How do you get rid of a generational player? Uh? Chicago?
Speaker 5: Did they get rid of Jordan dough.
Speaker 3: La give it a magic?
Speaker 4: No, Boston, Larry Bird?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Why because they're freaking special.
Speaker 3: Dude, and you got rid of our special homegrown talent. And I think me like everybody else, inw are just pissed and take it personally. Man, And uh, I don't know, man, somebody needs a test Nico because homeboy's smoking some fuck.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is he smoking something funky? Two four seven eight seven one? Thank you, Michael. All right, Mikey, we're gonna put you on hold. Don't hang up right now. You're the leader in the clubhouse. Yeah, after one, you're definitely the leader in the clubhouse.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I will say this, Ben, Uh, we should mention this. We've been saying this. If you want to do what these callers are doing and you couldn't call in. We're gonna be doing this at Rollertown on Thursday during the mav Celtics Game two. So this is kind of like a public forum in a lot of ways. You can air your grievances. If you want to join us on Thursday, me and Ben will be out there and we'll be giving away a TV on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. We'll tell you more about that later.
Speaker 1: A lot of fun, a lot of fun without all it, and you can find out about that on our social media channels. Let's go to Wayne. Wayne, you are on the Benin Skin Show. He's how you're doing Hey, we're doing good. Tell us what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'd like to say Luca was supposed to be a lifer, just like Dirk. My big deal is with Nico saying defense ones championships. Yes, it is a big part of it, but you also have to score to win in this league.
Speaker 4: And when you have the.
Speaker 3: Number one score from last season basically averaging a triple double playing with Kyrie, and you have Gafford the way he's playing this year, and Lively before he got injured, and everyone else you added, you make the trades that you need to build defensive players around all that. You don't get rid of that score and lose all that you should be building defensive getting the defensive players over here like you did today with Caleb Martin, just to build that around Luca and Kyrie and Gafford and Lively. That's what he should have been doing. You don't get rid of a generation player like Luca that doesn't come around very often.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the call, Wayne.
Speaker 1: I think what we should do is decide right there if who we keep on hold, only keep one person in the on deck circle, like it does Wayne beat Mikey Peter to Mikey p beat Wang.
Speaker 2: Do you want to put your first vote out there?
Speaker 1: I thought Wayne was heartfelt. I could I could tell he was disappointed, he's angry. But I thought Mikey brought a little bit more energy. I'm going with Mikey p so far. What about you, Christina.
Speaker 2: I'll make you have to do the tiebreaker here, because Wayne had a lot of good solid points as well. Wang did have a solid point. Oh, Wang is still on? Wange is still there too? Where is it? Where's the tattoo?
Speaker 3: I got dirt he's on. I got him on my leg. I got dirt on my leg. I got Luca's signature when I met him in the brasth of furniture. Wang.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, George Wang, do you have any shinedown tattoos?
Speaker 3: I do not have any shine down tattoo? Unfortunately, goos.
Speaker 2: Would you be willing?
Speaker 1: Would you be willing to fill in the space between your eyebrows was an honor as a tattoo and a tribute to Anthony Davis.
Speaker 4: I would not for purposes.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fair enough. I'm gonna I'm gonna go with Wayne.
Speaker 1: Okay, Wang, you're in the mix, buddy, hang in there, Stay on hold. Wang, Sorry, Mikey p. Skin did that to you? He murdered you? Yeah so, Wang, stay on hold. Let's go to Stuart Online three Stewart, you're on the Ben and Skin Show. What are your thoughts on the Luca trade?
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, have a great afternoon. How's everybody doing.
Speaker 2: Hey, We're doing great. That's a very pleasant opening line.
Speaker 4: Uh, here's my take on it. In the power of social media in the world that we live in, it would be refreshing to see an empty arena the rest of the year. If all the fans are truly truly this upset, and there's been a lot of things in Dallas sports, you know as well then Jerry, you know, fired Tom Landry, everybody just lost their momis. It would be freshing to see this type of input go back towards their pocketbooks, the majority owners, the minority owner, the coach, the GM. You have an empty arena for the rest of the season, No one watches you on TV, no one buys your merchandise, And what a coup that would be for the fans.
Speaker 1: If you're that.
Speaker 4: Upset by how the sporting world is do something different. I you social media and encourage everyone, don't go to the game.
Speaker 1: Steward, I have follow Steward. I have two follow up questions. Shoot, shoot, sure, does anybody in your circle call.
Speaker 2: You stew No, not big stu No. Number two? What is your tattoo situation?
Speaker 4: Uh? I'm Native Americans, so I have something for my great grandmother.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's cool in your face, Ben, I know that is pretty cool tattoos, all right. So I'm a huge supporter of Native Americans. So stu Ert already has the leg up on Wayne for me personally. But Wang brought a lot of passion to he was he has tattoos and he's passionate. I'm gonna say for me, I'm gonna I'm actually gonna say Wang still holding the top spot.
Speaker 2: What about you, Christina?
Speaker 1: I think I constantly just want him to do the tiebreaker here, all right, So I'll just go with Steward on this one skin.
Speaker 2: What was your grandmother's name?
Speaker 4: My great grandmother of her name was Alice.
Speaker 2: So let me get this straight.
Speaker 1: You told me you had a tattoo of your grandmother, and then you said your great grandmother's name was Alice.
Speaker 4: That's her English name?
Speaker 2: Ah like British? No, like that?
Speaker 4: Yep, you have an English name given to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, skin, piece of crap man. I feel like a lot of liberal guilt right now.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go with Stu.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I think he did a good job with that guilt. He was like, listen to me, white man. He's like, they forced that name on her. What do you want?
Speaker 2: Right? Have you not seen all these movies? Stuart? Do you feel pretty good about putting skin in that Chokehold?
Speaker 4: No, I mean it's it's just, you know, it's one of those things that a lot of times people just forget history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's fly off trying to be a smart ass on the radio. Let me ask you this.
Speaker 1: Have you have you ever organized a social media band of shineedown?
Speaker 4: I like shine down?
Speaker 2: All right, Well start, we've got two more guys getting You're in first place. Don't hang up. Stand. Hold. He kind of sounds like Bob Musgrave too. Let's go to Jan. Is it is it j A N M? Is it a two ms?
Speaker 3: Jan?
Speaker 2: How do you spell your name? Jan? Jane? Jim Jan Alice Jen? You got all the way here, You had a chance to vent she got intimidated by Wang. She did. How could achieven have known his size? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh, let's go now to Trey on line five, right, final final call calls?
Speaker 2: Right, all right, Trey are you there? Yes, sir? With boys before we get started.
Speaker 1: In your opinion, out of Mikey, Wang and Stu and Jan, who had the best call.
Speaker 5: I like jam I got it?
Speaker 2: Probably all right, let's uh do you like shine doown? Sounds cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't call just for the tickets.
Speaker 5: I called just to event really, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so or flip them on the secondary market.
Speaker 1: Even if you had the best call, you'd want Stu to win the tickets to Shine down, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 5: That's fine, That's totally cool.
Speaker 1: Right, we'll have to hear. Let us hear what you have before we get to that crossroads.
Speaker 5: And for first and foremost, I will say thank you guys for coming on and doing the super soaker the other day. That was therapeutic.
Speaker 4: As much as I.
Speaker 5: Didn't realize I was ready for it, I will say I appreciate it. It didn't help the last few days for me. Personally, though, I will admit I'm a basketball nerd and I think way too much into this stuff, and I genuinely like being a mass fan was like not my personality entirely, but it's a large part of my life. Right, And for us to trade a generational talent that you you know in your heart you'll never get back ever, not maybe not even just Luca, but like in general, you'll never have a player of his stature again, right to do that at twenty five. And he didn't want out, he wanted to be here forever, and we embraced him. Obviously, he's our guy. I really don't know how to feel because right like I was a Maverick fan, but I can't support this organization like I can't. I can't spend money, I can't go to things. I can't even invest time into something that doesn't care about its fans as bad as it seems, you know what I mean, I don't know how to feel about that. It really turns me up. But it just it just really is awful, Like it really is the worst I've ever felt. I've never been a downer. I'm always optimistic. I'm always like you know, glass half full.
Speaker 4: Kind of guy.
Speaker 5: But I don't see a way through this, you know, outside of just following Lucas to the Lakers.
Speaker 3: And that's not me.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a Dallas sports you know guy. I just I don't know how to feel, and I don't know that I'll ever really forgive or or move on, you know what I mean. I really am with the last guy. I mean, I think we should we should boycott the mavericks Man and that sucks because that's not who we are. But it's just I don't know how to handle this. You know, I'm lost.
Speaker 1: Well it's a good call, It's a really good call. You don't have any Native American roots in your family.
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: All right, would you mind having a child with Stu and just see what happens?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm open to anything. At this point, I don't know how to I don't know how to get through this.
Speaker 2: Fantastic Thank you, Thank you, Chrey.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, brother, and thanks for listening to the super Soaker and subscribing to our YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it, brother, you bet love you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, sticking to jar Mayannaise, Let's go back to Stewart, Stuart, are you there?
Speaker 2: Hold on all right? Yep? That was Jan again, Stuart. Do we have you?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: All right, Stuart, this really has worked out well for you. You had an awesome call and you you like shine Down. It doesn't sound like you love Shinedown. But you would go to a show if you got free tickets.
Speaker 4: Right, I've been at concert years. I would love it.
Speaker 2: Starts.
Speaker 1: Stuart, will do me a favor and uh, just we're gonna let you just talk for a second, just to explain to the eagle listeners that people really do win by listening to Ben and Skin.
Speaker 4: Yes you do.
Speaker 1: You start from scratch and just say whatever you're feeling and we'll use that as a promo. But you say, go go for a little further than that if you don't mind.
Speaker 4: Oh geez, put me on the spot. Uh, Ben and Skin talk show rocks. It's worth the it's worth the time, and it's worth the effort to call in.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Hey, Stewart, give me a favor and tell Ben to quit telling you what to do.
Speaker 2: You just told him what no, no, no, it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, alright, Stuart, We're gonna put you on hold. Congratulations, you're going to shine down. Thanks for calling in, and dude, thank you for listening to the Eagle. We appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Eagle rocks.
Speaker 2: Eagle rocks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks to Mikey P. Wang, Stuart, Jan and Trey. Thank you guys all for calling in. We appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Jan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jan, we saw what you were doing, giving us a silent treatment.