Speaker 1: You see something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: What what's going to happen?
Speaker 1: I'll think what you up? Everybody? Welcome to another Headless is Magical mail bag. Say hi to my co host Nick, Nick, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: What is up is going on? Sir? How the hell are you.
Speaker 1: Doing well? Doing well? So we got a lot of mail in the mail bag, but first let's get to our symbols.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go first or it's up to you if you want to go first. I mean, if you want me to go first, I can definitely do that, So that's not a problem.
Speaker 1: Well, I got mine pulled up, so I might as well add that to the stage. So I want to talk a little bit about Zagrias, and Zagrias is definitely one of the more interesting gods in the Greek pantheon that never gets any attention unless it's in a video game about the underworld, right, So if you've ever played Hades or Hades Too, you know about Zagrias and how he's sort of the main character, but they don't really give you a lot of the backstory. And even in the game, like Dionysus is one of your helpers or patrons in the game, and that doesn't make any sense because Zagrias is Dionysus before dying and being risen again, so it's it's kind of weird. But anyways, I was playing Hades and I thought to myself, I have done Zagrias. I'm gonna bring him up. So Zagrias is said to be the son of Zeus and Persephone, right, and Zeus, in the form of a snake, you know, tempted Persephone away from Hades, right, and then she gave birth thought it was his, turns out it was his brother's. And so this character, Zagrias is a guy that's completely out of place, right, So he doesn't feel at home in the underworld because Hades ain't his father. He doesn't know that his father is Zeups, Hades' brother, and Hades doesn't know that. So this kind of this goes bad for Hara, right. So Harah finds out that Zeus has another kid with somebody, you know, one of her sisters, and she's pissed. So she goes down and throws Zagrias to the Titans, right, and so he gets ripped apart limb from Melm and then she saves his heart. So as the as the Titans are full of Zagrias stuff. Zeus comes down and completely decimates all of the all of the Titans with his thunderbolts, and in doing so, the ashes mixed with the soil, and that's where humans come from. Where the consumed flesh of God's zagrias as it is now made into dirt through the process of the Titans, So where the consumed and regurgitated flesh of the God. So that's sort of where they got their oppression of us. Now, Zagrias also had In some stories they talk about this special mirror he had, and Zagrias's mirror was said to show alternative realities, so if you're thinking about making a decision, it should show you the outcome of that decision. It's really interesting because this is the Greeks talking about multiple world hypothesis, you know, sort of like what if the strings of fate are realigned and they go differently and this gives you the results. So they were thinking about this sort of multi dimensional choose your own adventure thing thousands of years ago, and we're only now starting to think about the multi world hypothesis when it's sort of like central to the story of Zagaras, but Zagoras, after his heart is saved by hera, Zeus puts it in his thigh, oh, and carries it in his thigh until the new Zagaras, Dionysus pops out of his thigh and then becomes the god of wine and drink. But this is one of the reasons why Dinysus is the dying and rising god is because of Zagrias. So Zagariaas becomes Dionysus. So there's an interesting sort of a tie in between all of that stuff, because Dionysus then becomes kind of this Jesus figure, So this is like the proto proto Jesus figure. Again, the underworld is interesting because Jesus goes into the underworld to retrieve the keys. Right while he's you know, in the tomb for three days, he goes to the underworld to get the keys of Hell, right, very Zagrius type thing to do. Like this is very kind of closely related to this underworld mythology that's going on with Zeus and ze there's some sort of keys that keep the Titans in right, So kind of an interesting crossover. What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: It's interesting. I don't know anything about this, so it's only to me. Yeah, well you know what you said something earlier. I mean, I get stuck on the stupidest things, the whole dirt stuff. I'm like, yo, it was like, how many different stories got us coming from dirt and.
Speaker 1: Clay, all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this one at least at least you're including electricity, at least you're putting some life into it, you know. The Lange, well.
Speaker 1: They had multiple cos cosmologies and the Greek you know, sort of poetry frame of reference. And Prometheus was said to be the other creator of mankind and he created us out of clay, right, So him and his brother Epimetheus were putting together all of the animals that would populate the earth during the time just past the Golden Age, and so Prometheus got to pick out of the list of like special attributes to give to animals. So you know, birds got wings and lions got claws, you know, and hyenas got the teeth. And when he finally came to mankind, he ran out of the special attributes in the box. So his brother Prometheus comes over and gives us forethought, and so again you've kind of got the same idea of we're giving something divine in our bodies or in our souls from the gods that makes us special. The rest of this dirt.
Speaker 2: Said, that's a that's even a thought that kind of like permeates through a lot of our thinking. Now that there's a part of God.
Speaker 1: Outam came from dirt. Even in the Aztec in mayand they they say that we are now the dirt people.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So they had four sons before this one, and in the other sons they had like corn people, and they had you know, other people that were made out of water. I believe I could be wrong about that, but now we were the dirt people. So even they call us the dirt people, you know, a whole continent away. So it's interesting how that continuity is sort of shared in there.
Speaker 2: What is going on you put that one up out of all of if you choose that one, I got a sledge a right, I'm done right now.
Speaker 1: Prometheus and Inankee you have a lot in common. It's like, this is the guy that's bringing all the sciences. This is the one who feels pity for mankind. And in the case of Prometheus, he felt such pity for mankind that Zeus in punishment of his bringing fire back to humanity as we were shivering and cold there, he nailed Prometheus to the Caucasus mountains for a thousand years. And so Ankie is the one who saves us sort of from the flood idea. He gets us away from his brother and so, and again there's not brothers too. So you've got Prometheus and Epimetheus, and then you've got Anki and Leo, and they're kind of like these brothers in kind of opposition. In the case of Prometheus, his brother was just a moron. So he's got Prometheus, which means forethought, and that Epimetheus means at a thought. So this is the guy who's always living in the past and he's always stuck on stupid and so he's he's the dim one and Prometheus is the smart one.
Speaker 2: I like it. That's funny. So you want me to uh, you want me to hit up my Yeah, we got the uh did I pull it up? Yeah? Oh no, I forgot the ship. I've been forgetting to share it lately. Jesus my man. I'm sorry, that's all right. It was Oh God, the one I opened up. I should have known I had. It's like black, it's it's it's transparent, so it's I'm not gonna look right, Hold on one second, I do have another one to choose. I apologize, right glyphs. Yeah, I have the aberc at dabor, which yeah, which is interesting because I actually it had nothing to do with uh with dirone mentioning it, but it is interesting how that came up as a as a schedule for me to pick keeps it up? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was like, you know what, I think we'll go with that. So here is the abracadabra symbol or diminishing triangle amulet, if you might like to call it that. What is it. It's a text sigil formed by writing the word abercadabra and a triangle that loses one letter per line until a single A remains. In late antiquity, this was a medical talisman against cyclical fevers, especially malaria. It's not just a word, it's a digrammatic charm whose shape is part of the spell. The earliest known sightings from it or being around is late second early third century CE, in a Latin didactic poem called Liber Medicinalyis by Quintus Serenus Samonocus or s A M M O n I c Us, and he was a physician and a tutor at the Severin court. In chapter fifty one of that book, Lib medicon Analysis or whatever you're saying, that shows up and he gives a step by step instructions to draw the rug, to draw the triangle on paperis and tie it around the neck with linen for fever relief. And excerpt taken from that in parentheses right on a sheet the word abercadaber repeated on the lines below, each time emitting the final letter until a single letter remains, tapering it like a cone, attach it to the neck with a linen thread. So that's how it was actually taken out of a Liber medicinal la whatever and where it's been seen surviving examples University of Michigan. They have a third century Egyptian papyrus fever Ambulet in his sixth century Coptic codex that reproduces the aberca daba triangle. In it what it means the logic of the spell. The diminishing letters enact sympathetic magic as the word visibly wanes. The illness is supposed to dissipate the cone of the triangle is explicitly mentioned by Serenus. The material has to be papyrus and the next placement are all part of how it works. So there we go. I think I have another one that I can show possibly, Yeah does that how does that one show up? Yes? That looks weird? Yeah, there we got that back.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, uh, that is the Abricadabra. I've seen him plenty of times. I never actually knew it had to do anything with sickness or whatever.
Speaker 1: Hm. Well, it's a very interesting, interesting sigulation of those letters because you know, all of those letters are like big time in magic. When you're talking about the barbarous words and all the rest of Abra kha. You know, these are like the magic letters. You know, that's it.
Speaker 2: We'll ex give you that.
Speaker 1: You know that combination, right, And you know in the comments, they're talking about abraxis abra sachs or however they said it, and then it got mistranslated, and it's stuck to the mistranslation, and that's the idea of the three hundred and sixty five degree demon right, So he's in charge of all three hundred and sixty five degrees in the year, and so in essence, it's like almost every clock that's ticking away is being governed by this strange, cockheaded, snake legged entity. But I mean fevers. I'm not seeing the actual connection to fevers. You know, you know it might be code for something else because you got a lot of powerful letters there and there's fevers. Yeah, how do you treat fevers?
Speaker 2: You know? Right? Right?
Speaker 1: Is he never know?
Speaker 2: No, That's why I was surprised when it was for that. I was like, really, okay, you say so do we then you even have this the whole thing, like why did Crowley change it to abra? Abra had to abra? Like like is that for like if your footharts? Like you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, I just find it weird that he he whatever. I just yeah, I was very surprised to hear it was for malaria and fevers?
Speaker 1: All right, so we got some stories.
Speaker 2: We still got, uh what's her face in there? No? God, I forgot Winter York.
Speaker 1: I don't think we have anymore from Winter. I was gotta get in touch with her.
Speaker 2: But went you gotta send in the address to get some stickies.
Speaker 1: Right, We gotta get those. So let me see here. We've got a couple of pieces here. Well, let's just go with Liz s right, so high headless Giant. Nick may remember me from around this time last year. We were supposed to meet up and possibly Detroit, but that didn't pan out. Experiences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that was for the Juggalo thing. That's right, Oh, that's right. I'm supposed to be sending her stickies. She hit me up, told me she sent you an email and wanted stickies. I totally forgot. Fuck.
Speaker 1: I've had experiences. I believe six that I attributed to hallucinations, but I saw them before they actually happened. I didn't think that any of them. More did sharing the information, and I wanted to learn more about them, but without sounding like a crackhead. So recently, on August twenty fourth, I had a near death experience that was magnanimous in comparison to the other ones, much more. We're in detail what I believed was the release from my corpse. I've got plenty of information, and I think we could have a high level conversation where you keep me up to what is pertinent. It might be worth sharing on your podcast. That'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Oh, you should should be a good guess. She's got some crazy stories.
Speaker 1: All right, No, that was that was a quick one. But she's she's dropping the one. So what do you say next week we get in touch and get her on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Ultimately she did hit me up and told me I don't she said that she sent you something, So yeah, I'll let her up in the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got her all her info right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, then yeah, hit her up, man, make it happen, and let's see I've got she already said, let's do it. She's in the chat now, am I in? Yeah? She said.
Speaker 1: Sweet. So I got another one from another guy named Nick. It says hell, hello Nick, and had less long time listener, first time emailer. So I'm an overnight tractor trailer contractor for the United States Postal Service, moving in bulk from one side of the distribution center to the other in the glorious state of Maine. I love my truck drivers, needless to say, I get plenty of time to myself to listen to podcasts and music while on the road. One facility I transport to is completely empty while I am there offloading the trailer usually around three o'clock. In the three o'clock hour, last Tuesday, I happened to be in a music mood as I was offloading the trailer full of mail and my Apple Music app malfunctioned. I was at the aforementioned empty facility. I've been using this Apple Music app for years, and never have I experienced such a thing. The song I was listening to seemed to fast forward ten acts and skipped onto the next song that played even faster than then. I stopped that I was in the trailer and closed out the app. I decided to switch over to Spotify and started listening to a cult rejects podcast, The Delphi Murders with the Austin Paccard great episode. I put all my work gloves, grabbed the next case full of mail, and began backing out of the trailer when Spotify abruptly stopped working. In Apple Music Cube back up with Slayers rating Blood. Quite frustrated at this.
Speaker 2: Point, I've been listening to that.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, I can just lay dude. I ever listened to this as high school. Quite frustrated. At this point, I couldn't help but laugh at the song choice and head banged all the way to the male staging area. When I got to the cage to place to place it, I spun it around and noticed that there was an Express mail bag tagged cremated human remains in that very cage. After cleansing. After a cleansing breath, I took my headphones out of my ears and just walked away. I was all set with music for the night. I didn't see any shadow out of the corner of my eyes, or flickering overhead lights or anything abnormal. But I can attest that I had some E MF type technology anomaly definitely occurring during this strange circumstance. Someone or something definitely wanted to listen to that song, and I got his address too, So I'm gonna send that over to you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thank.
Speaker 1: You, thank you. Nick Fletcher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was great.
Speaker 1: Haunted mail bag dude, that's right up this show's alley, yo, Right, that's perfect. He's got the Haunted mail bag fucked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's funny. I didn't make that connection until he just said it out. I was like, yeah, yeah, he knew that ship. That's a fabricated story. He's like fucking he said he said last week he said, if you make one up, I'll send down stick is all right? Nice? I gotta tell it out of the stairs and stubbed my toe. Can I get some free sticks? Man?
Speaker 1: You never know, I've had my my stuff fuck up. When I'm outside of like cemeteries and stuff like, I'll have again, like the apps will switch or I'll hear some sort of radio signal coming through, and it's just like I'm just driving outside of this freaking you know cemetery I drive by every night. Shouldn't be doing that, but something weird happens. And you know it's not on common with electronics and the and the dead to have some sort of conversation.
Speaker 2: Yo, there's this dude that I try to contact him and to see if I can get him on the show. He's like a paranormal dude, and sometimes he goes to these places and he'll like clean I don't know if it's a thing with people like paranormal, they like cleaning headstones, likes as a community service. And he's cleaning the headstone of like some child, and he's got like his box with him, and know this thing start's having a conversation with him, telling him to stop cleaning the shit. Yo. I was like, yo, I gotta get you on and you got to show this ship. It was kind of bugged out. It was like kind of answering like that. I'm very skeptical with that stuff, but his quote, my intention just put it that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. We had that guy from I think it was Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, clt Yeah, the guy from Charlotte. Yeah, I gotta make that's right. Yeah yeah, he cleans my headstones. Yeah. Yeah, that was another reason I said, I don't know if this is the thing. I don't know what people do for a community service award, but yeah, I mean it's a cool way to get in. It's a cool way to get into a graveyard and hang out for a while. Like guys clean a couple of heads. Respect for the dead. We hardly ever do that, you know. It's just the cemetery sit there.
Speaker 1: We just drive by them. You know, hardly anybody ever goes in to onto their ancestors or on the spirits that are hanging around.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: No wonder we have so many hauntings and so many possessions. It's like we don't honor our debt anymore. So clearly they're kind of pissed about that. At least some of them are.
Speaker 2: Like arrows up in the chat says, I spend so much time at cemetery. That's a fun.
Speaker 1: Cemetery, right, Lisa says Hispanic son of the debt all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, that big way.
Speaker 1: That's south of the border.
Speaker 2: Not here and agree with it. Yeah, no, for sure, for sure, I.
Speaker 1: Have insider information. So I found out that America is built on top of an Indian burial grammar.
Speaker 2: The amount of dead people that needed to be created just for used to be here, right, Fuck, it was fucked out. He was like, every funny, really think about it. But this is a great episode. At about twenty two minutes, Do we have another one coming on tonight? No? No, actually we don't. Oh I can't, uh oh tonight. I don't know. Maybe I don't. I don't remember. We got called call Crush on Saturday night. I just was gonna tell you about that. We got him coming on. I just booked him for seven o'clock, seven o'clock. I figured it'd be a decent time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great tomorrow night. No, No, I don't think I do. I have. Unfortunately, I have somebody tomorrow. But again, this guy is only available during the day Richard Kazinski. But I don't even think I'm going live with the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, well we'll see, yes, but you have anything special coming out? You want to talk to him about your appearances?
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. I totally forgot about that. Oh that's right. And tomorrow's Friday. I am trying to get somebody for tomorrow night. Believe it or not, I'm trying to I'm gonna see if I can get that guy on for Shakespeare who was supposed to do it last week. I hit him up. I just don't know if he's gonna be available in me asking him what's up with tomorrow? It's already Thursday. But uh yeah, the events. I wanted to say that at the beginning. Unfortunately I totally forgot myself. October fourth, we will be at let me see here, October fourth, Bigfoot Comic Con at the Fun Factory, and that is at ten to twenty four Georgia Road, Franklin, North Carolina. That should be me, Tyrone or maybe one or two other people from the ECLT Rejects might be the surprise. Yes, we got that going on. We will have T shirts and we should have I mean, if the mail doesn't get here by then there's a problem. It must be another unted mail bag. I should have headless as art too with us, so I will have that. I think this thing is like literally five dollars at the door. So I mean, if you're in the area, it's gonna cost your five bucks. I mean you can come hang out. Like I said, if you don't like to show you coul stop buy it. Tell us you go fuck ourselves for five dollars. You know what I'm saying. So maybe buy a T shirt while you're there. But yeah, come check that out. And then the eighteenth we got another one. But I also promoting that as we get closer to that one. But yeah, if you're in anywhere close to Franklin, North Carolina, the ocult Rejects will be there. Chunk, come check us out.
Speaker 1: We got to start doing a podcaster Dunk Tank. Pay five dollars dunk the podcast. Oh god, yeah right, it'd be amazing. We make so much money.
Speaker 2: You make that like you basically they do that in like the second degree of the OTO. They toys you in like a fucking water tank, so I mean you can even make an initiation out of it in this life. At this point, you're being baptized, right man.
Speaker 1: You just kicked it up a notch. I've got visions of rituals squirming around in my head. But this is a great episode. Guys, go out and check out these events. We got to start a community, you know, we got to get to know each other, so that's always important. And uh, definitely we'll see you next time. Hell yeah, La,