Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Boys and girls, we are back with another episode of the New World podcast. It is your host with the Smoke Game. I got my co host D and we got a special guest fresh off for Instagram post. I actually seen him, I think a couple of minutes ago, now too long ago. He was giving a rundown on what to expecting that on the next see we got my boy just laying down jail D. Thank you so much, Thank you for your time, thank you for your time, and thank you for you know, blessing us with your presence. As you guys know, we did Tim rivera last episode. So if you guys are paying attention to the episodes, I'm trying to knock out all the content creators, so all the heavy hitters on Instagram, the people that you see every day every week, because consistency is definitely consistency.
Speaker 2: Sound too, sorry to interject. I have the sound. I just forgot which like button to go Excel Audio mixers, I forgot which one. I think it's this one.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, your finger, keep your finger on that butt as we go.
Speaker 3: I love you because at the beginning, before the setup, I was like, did he is there a sound board there, like you actually don't touch them, And I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's funny, jail D, Like I said, thank you for your time and patience, thank you for showing up. So I've just started following you, Like maybe yeah he got that on his solid day, right, but.
Speaker 3: I'm following.
Speaker 1: We found we found each other through the through the internet, through Instagram, because one thing I've noticed is with the internet wrestling community, I feel like on Instagram and particularly it's very small, Like it's the world is big, the Instagram world is big, but the wrestling community is very small because all it takes is one retweet, Like I don't. I don't want to say I don't, but I'm a big numbers guy when it comes to content. You know, if if I post something and it will reach one hundred views, and like this ship is do something. No, Yeah, it's a bad habit of mine. I've always I've always been that way. But you'd be surprised who's watching who's out there? I forgot the gentleman's name. He actually watched my clip with Tim. I forgot his name. He works for WW. He doesn't work for WW, but he worked with them. He's a I forgot his name. His name is Adrian Okay, forgot his name. But long story short, content creation and wrestling, especially in New York is very small at that time. It's a JLD. I seen he was, he was dope. He's you know, he's doing all the right things the content creators should do, staying consistent. You know, he's a fan of the product. There's difference between being a fan and just reading what the dirt heats tell you and then putting it on Twitter, which you know, Instagram, which is a whole different spiel. But yeah, again, JLD, welcome to the New World Podcast. You are the brand new member of the South Sidners. But I have a question for you. So what what? Uh? What's the word proper way to word this? You have such a passion for the product, for wrestling, not just ww but wrestling in general. What sparked that passion and what made you want to create content?
Speaker 2: So my dad is actually a big wrestling fan. That's how I got into it. I was twelve years old when I was like watching it full time. RUF was s Aggression era, John Cena, Batista, Triple HS, Sean Michaels, those of my heavy hitters, at the time when I first started watching, and obviously in between there's probably like a year or two breaks. You know, there's just you know, becoming a teenager doing other things and then becoming an adult. Like there were just some gaps in between, But just overall been a huge wrestling fan since, and honestly, it's just something I've just loved to watch week after week after weekend. It's something that also my dad and I would bond over a lot. We would always talk about it. Always watch it on Mondays, watch it on Fridays or Thursdays whenever SmackDown was on. But yeah, that's how I pretty much got into it. And then in terms of wrestling content, I actually started making wrestling content in twenty twenty one, but I started off doing just Twitch streams and just I wanted to be a Fortnite streamer. I wanted to be the call of guy. But you know, it's very diluted. There's a there's a lot of people trying to do the same thing. And after a year of doing that, I made one TikTok of me, you know the memes where it's like, oh, you got the job at WW Gotta match Randy yort next week, that's something like that. I made a video similar to that, but it was the Undertaker. I was like, I was at the office, They're like, congrats, you got the job. The scene turns into me. It's smacked down about to fight the Undertaker. Silly thing, but it went viral. It was my first ever wrestling video went viral. Make a Royal Rumble video right after that Royal Rumble season goes viral again. I'm like, I gotta do this. That's just the rest is history, and four years later, here we are.
Speaker 1: You send me a video because I got you.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: That's fine, bro, Like I was saying, all it takes.
Speaker 2: Is it just takes one. You can have all the hitting.
Speaker 1: The silliest right. It could be the silliest things, bro, it could be the dumbest thing. How many views did that video get? That first video you posted or take ballpark.
Speaker 2: Around in the beginning, like twenty thousand, and to me that was a lot because usually I was like in the four or five hundred view or most of the time, it'll be rare if I got a thousand, So they get twenty thousand, I was like, whoa, Like I'm onto something, and then the next one was a Royal Rumble video where you got the job, but you're number one in the rumble. Number two ended up being brock Lessner. So like I put the music of Lester and everything, you could see it in my pin tiktoks. It's like, I think, at one hundred thousand or two hundred thousand, some shit.
Speaker 3: Fure so, so who would film these things for you? Or how did you, you know, get this process going? Because I think some people want to be content creators and they want to do it, but they're just not sure if they can do it or how to do it, or if they need a team or what's your process.
Speaker 2: I do everything myself. My fiance does help out a lot with filming sometimes if like I need her help with like her iPhone or whatever, but usually a lot of times it is with just me myself and I have my tripod behind me. I use played around with that for a while when I was doing my early tiktoks. I have a green screen that I would use and I would actually edit on my actual computer. But I've tried to move more towards like TikTok specifically on my phone because it's just so much time, like having an edit on the computer, then move it to a phone, then post it from there. While TikTok and cap Cua have their own editors, so it just makes it a little easier in terms of time. But you don't need a team. You just need a phone and just need to start. There's no formula of like, oh you need to like stand in this corner or do this screen screen, just pick up. There's so many content careers out there that are so talented that all they're doing is just like the green screen filter, or like just talking in front of their phone talking about what's going on, or make a funny skip. That's all you need. It's all about the character. You could have all the nice tech, but the character got to be there and the passion for it. You can't be a wrestling creator. But like kind of like how you mentioned just trying to read the current news and just post a body, you gotta be invested in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Now you do. And like like you were saying, Day was saying, like there was a lot of people afraid to pick that camera because you know, there's usually that stigma that like, oh it looks corny that you're recording yourself. But it's like, bro, there's motherfuckers making really bro Like I'm trying to get billions of dollars too.
Speaker 2: They say that, but then they watching people on Kick and Twitch like I Show Speed and Logan Paul walking around all parts of the world doing the same thing. But so like I, I mean, I'm not gonna lie. I had to kind of conquer that fear a little bit myself being comfortable like going to Comic Con or going a fanatics fest, holding my own recording and all that. But so have to realize people don't care and do and then when they realize what you're doing is working, they're gonna be like, oh, I'm trying to be like Dale Day. I'm trying to be like Dave. I'm trying to like you know, they'll see the confidence in what you do and they're gonna want to mimic, even if it seems silly or corny, like you holding the phone or selfie stick or whatever. Like when they see the money coming in, they're gonna be like, all right, I'll do it.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because I actually did and excess this year. It was my first year doing it. I don't even think I was gonna get it. I just checked my email that was dope shoot and I had to you know, get my ducks in order. I had to get my camera to order new three. So funny story about fanatic stress. So I went. I had all three days. I didn't go the third day because I was like, nobody, who's it?
Speaker 2: One day? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it's like nothing really changes. I thought everything changed like the day like second day or whatever. It's just the people that changed. So the first day I get there, I have my setup Dave knows, I have my little hand, then have my phone, then I put my DJ on my little light, and then I have the little microphone like I have a nice little broke man set up, shout out to DJ I with the with Action three, and then talking to the boy that I met down there, my boy g from Brad Rustling, who we just totally met on a win bro like if I always say, I always say to him like, yo, bro, it was God brought you to meet me that day. Because I was out there like yo, what do I do? Like where do I start? And then he was like, yo, I'm not not filming with nobody today you're not filming today, he was, Yo, let's just ride with each other. So boom we booked that connection. I ended up losing my DJI that day, and I was pissed bro losing ship. I don't like losing anything, So I lost that boom. That was the first day. Second day I go back, I'm like, yo, I'm gonna spend the majority of my time at the w w E part of Fanatics Fast. My fucking book ends up breaking.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I went to the Travis Scotts stand and I got like a so I'm carrying around my book. It was just like Murphy's Walk kicking that day, like that weekend, because like anything that could have went ring. The only thing that was perfect was that I found parking, Like, besides.
Speaker 2: That brow the other day, that's an accomplishment for.
Speaker 1: Sure. I was not trying to do. I did one loop around that was like, not no parking, I'm paying for it. Yeah, that hurt my heart. But that express was a dope ass experience because it was only the second one, and I can't wait for the next one because next one I want to bring my boys with me. Feel I feel like David O d Love. And then the Boys, Dennison and Money.
Speaker 3: Were you there, jail d.
Speaker 2: This was my second time going this year. Yeah, I went to the first one last year, but I only did Sunday because just scheduling just didn't work to go the other days. And I wish I would have gone probably Saturday the first time, because Sunday is usually shorter anyway. But the main reason I went Sunday also, not just was because the scheduling, was because Rio Ripley was there, so I agree with her. So you already know is always on top. Mommy's always on top.
Speaker 1: I'm not missing this.
Speaker 2: But it was a fun time. I was very surprised with fanatics. I was very surprised that Fanatics did their thing the first time, so I was like, let's go the second time. And it was a good time.
Speaker 1: I didn't know it was going to be that much like hard sellers. I thought it was going to be more meet and greets, more like open forums discussions. It was, you know, like one thing that they I've noticed about that fanatics fast. They kind of take people from different worlds and then they bring them together, like they had Jacob i To and Tiffany Stratton working with a magician he's like a stage magician like that for like for like mental health, and I'm like, this is a lot. It's a lot going on right now. Yeah. Yeah, it's and and you know it's it was a dope experience. It was definitely dope. You see Logan Paul, somebody actually trashed his expensive mass Pokemon card. But I don't know why he would bring.
Speaker 2: I saw the news on that, like somebody Ryan and Jozach and stupid and pushed it. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And the cards, like I think, if I'm not mistaken, don't judge me. But it's definitely more than a million dollar card, like.
Speaker 2: For sure it is.
Speaker 1: That is it's been praised its stringer card.
Speaker 3: Yeo, so so Gabe recently actually speaking of cards, just got into cards a lot, JAYU You into cards?
Speaker 2: I'm not too much into like are you referring to WW like tops chrome or you just general anything cards?
Speaker 3: Because I feel like, you know, that shit was a big deal. I don't know how old are you. I'm thirty two, okay, so we're all the same age. But like growing up, it was like yo, if you had that baseball rookie card or whatever, you know, like Babe, roots whatever, right, that would be insane. And I think from like twenty and so on, no one really gave a fuck about cards. But now it's like really back heavy makes a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of adults that finally have adult money that loved cards as a kid. So to answer your question, I was a big Yu gi Oh card fan. I still have my cards to this day. They are right above me. They are in binders, they are in box I refuse to give them up. Pokemon cards, I have them too, I still have them, but I wasn't as big into them like that. Now, if I wouldn't know own that base set packs would have been what they are today, I would not have opened them as a child. But it's just insane, like exactly.
Speaker 1: But the thing about Pokemon, Pikachu, Pokemon will never die because Pikachu, you could be a racist. Pikachu can't be sexist. Pikachu can't say the N word. Pikachu can't get canceled. That's why Pokemon is forever.
Speaker 2: Says one word Pikachu.
Speaker 1: Right, he's like broke, He's just that's what it is like.
Speaker 3: Like even if Ash says some well ship they were just like, we'll take Ash out like if you could.
Speaker 2: Just Pikachu's Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it took it took Ash like eighteen years to win the World Championship, Like I seen it on Twitter the other day, but bro, it literally showed every time that Ash entered the championship in what place he ranked? Bro dead asked his last championship he finally won and the battle I was looking at the battle of you. I got to see the battle because who the fuck is gonna be? Like what was ol feeding? Bro? It was Pikachu versus chars on.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, that's a full circle moment though.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, what what do you mean Pikachu's about it? What chars are? Like this? Like never what? Now? He could he could? You know, Pikachu see the thing about Pikachu? He did, So I feel like Pokemon and like dragon ball z are like one in one is like you see how like when Pikachu, Pikachu could hit you with the thunderbowl, but then like you know, when it's not working, and then I just gotta give him that little that talk and then he like haulks up like Pikachu halks up.
Speaker 2: And then he's a motivational coach that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But Jay, I was looking at your Instagram before we got on the thing to get with the pokemon. So you did. You did one hundred thousand views in a month, which is that's no easy feat at all. I don't care who you are. How did you do it? Or maybe why and how? I don't know which way you want to answer that question, but like, what made you like, yo, I need to get? Is that a number that you were looking for? I need the hundred thousand?
Speaker 2: Are you in terms of just like Instagram stats or like, yeah, yeah, yeah, Instagram stats? So that was so I basically made an experiment over the past like thirty days. It's been past those thirty days, but like I made an experiment to post one to three times a day for thirty days straight as somebody who wasn't consistent with my videos, just to see what the behavior of my account would be if I just went non stop posting, And it made several of those videos that you see on my Instagram go viral. Several of them include the one where I talk about VPN with the ESPN announcement. One of them was I went to the House of Glory SummerSlam weekend, and I happened to get a clip of Zilifa to getting defeated by Bully Ray for his title that somehow went far. And then just a bunch of other videos talking about just wrestling general stuff. Some of them blop, but some of them went very far, and some of them are videos that I don't even think I put as much effort into. It kind of goes back to what you said, It's like the silliest things get the most views, and then the ones I work the most hardest on are the ones that are just like get regular generic views. So that's pretty much it. I feel like I didn't really have like a method to do it. It was more just like try to report on everything and see what sticks and how I do it. One of the things that I've decided to be more consistent on is where I film my videos, which I don't know if you see like my most like ten most recent videos all in the same spot. I feel like that could also help out with just like the consistency of people saying, Okay, jail these here, like let's watch what you got to say, versus like one video I'll be standing by my ring light and then one video I'm in the living room and then what I'm laying down in the bedroom. Like I feel like that randomizes things and it doesn't catch attention because people remember familiarity. If I'm saying that correct words a hard sometimes they remember based on where I'm standing. You know, Keith Lee, He's always in his car and stuff like that. That's what kind of go based off.
Speaker 1: Of, especially like a catchphrases. I noticed like a couple of cat content creators that usually some of them could catch phrases or like they'll they'll start their video a certain way, like every video starts a certain way. But that's, like I said, one hundred thousand, that's that's a pretty big number. That's that's a good number to start. Like even like, you know, back to the talk that we were having about me looking at videos and their views and being impressed, like I think right now for this month, because Instagram gives you those summaries of like how many followers you yeah, yeah, my thing and up from at the beginning of I want to say, July had like thirty thousand of you. And what motivated me was, you know, I was I'm trying to get my foot into these events, these wrestling events all over the world, but preferably the ones in New York. Man, Bro, I'm I'm writing people. I'm like email people, I'm like texting people like, yo, bro, like, what's up? I work media? Can I work? You know? I do this, I do that podcast. I can make content. And people with dead ass like we were just responding, leaving me on rand and fit like lit a fire under mind. Then that whole month of July and August, I'm just like, yo, fuck it, bring back the podcast. We're gonna do this shit. We're gonna kick it up a notch. We're gonna do watch parties, We're gonna we're gonna do merch like I want to do it all. Like I said, I just want to do it all. I want. I want to take the World Podcast to brand new heights. I need people in Australia to see this when we go over there. It's love wherever we go. I need it that way. But that's that's what pretty much motivated me. You know, those those numbers, they they could all be worked and fixed, so but I just you know, I'm trying to get the name out there, and how do we get the name out there by interviewing more people like yourself, more content creators, people that love wrestling, because, like we were saying before we went live, the wrestling community, it's such a niche community. It's a small community. Like there was a point in time, like back in the day when I was in high school, Like you couldn't really tell people you watch wrestling.
Speaker 2: They make fun of you, be like, why are you watching grown men like that are sweating wrestling? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like shut up, you love you watch Love Island? You watch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they watching Love Island. I love ninety Fiance, but like, don't watch and act like they have a statement?
Speaker 1: Did your fiance actually put you onto that show? Because my wife I.
Speaker 2: Know I'm actually the one. I'm actually the one.
Speaker 3: I like the one.
Speaker 2: It came up on t LC one day and I never looked back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would you say that's like your guilty pleasure kind of?
Speaker 2: I would say so. Yeah, Like I just used a few clips on YouTube. I got a you'll get a.
Speaker 1: I feel like JLD just like he gets on his couch with a little blanket, a nice cup of coffee, the lights brand new season of ninety Bro. That show is hilarious. I don't know if you've ever seen it.
Speaker 2: Days a good time, some of them wild, some of them couples be wild.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it. I've only seen like clips of it, Like that's where the guy, I don't be rude or anything, but that's where the guy where he was. He's got like short like I guess Italian guy and short with lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I've seen that on Twitter and stuff.
Speaker 1: That is but right, people be like, oh, wrestling is fake, but then you watch.
Speaker 2: That, it's reality show. It's they double take those segments they do, those are usually rehearsed or so that way, like, sure, you're.
Speaker 1: Getting worked by somebody that just went and flew to another country to fall along. That's work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny, Jake.
Speaker 1: How do you balance your your long form content and your short form content, Like what do you decide what goes on Instagram, what goes on YouTube? Or do you keep everything uniform and everything goes on all platforms.
Speaker 2: I'll speak on when I was consistent with long form, because I've been slacking terribly on long form. I've been strictly short form right now for like the past two months.
Speaker 3: Well, that's working for you, So that makes sense, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I honestly, when it came to long form, if I thought of an idea, I'd just do it, and then if I can convert that into short form clips, then great, But there's not really a method to like how I balanced them out is just if I have an idea, I just do it, and then same for short form. If I have a TikTok I'm thinking of, I'll make it and then it's I say, the harder part is managing when I do them, because long form editing takes much much longer than just going on my phone and editing a TikTok womblaying in bed for like ten minutes versus like it'll take like a good hour or two depending on how long the video is. Like for my podcast episodes, they take like two days because like I would do it for like maybe two hours straight of editing and then I gotta do something else just to get my mind away from it, and then come back the next day and it's done. Con went just time away too, from like life, So I don't want to be glued here twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Now, of course, yeah, there you'd be surprised, man, the things I see on TikTok. There's people that that's all they do. Bro is a live stream watch. They pretty much watch watch alongs on Twitch every single day because there's wrestling on every single day. Think about it, there's AWTN a WW And Now, what do you think are your biggest challenges as a as a content creator and trying to grow? Like, what what do you think can can help you grow further? Because you're you're you're doing you're doing great. The looks of things you're doing really great, but what could take you to that next level?
Speaker 2: Time? Really? I am. I work, so I work full time. I work eight to five Monday through Fridays. I work from home thankfully, so that has been one of the biggest blessings because it allows me to also make content during the day. Otherwise, if I was like going in for work, I would not have the opportunity, and the amount of times you see me post online would probably be cutting half. And then I have a six month old son now, so a lot of my time is to him, so usually I got to make sure like he's all good, the misses is all good, work is all good before I can even do any of the videos you see online. And then sometimes I'm going to my parents' house, Grandma and grandpa, you know, first time grandparents. They want to see their kid all the time, their grandkid all the time, so you know, stuff like that. So just time, really, like if I had all the infinite time in the world, I'd be on my computer twenty four hours making videos NonStop. And you see a lot of creators do that, and like props to them. They got teams, they got editors and stuff. They could push all that out. I can't do that, and that's not a bad thing. I'm blessed with what I got. I'm trying not to be like, oh I wish I had that. I'm blessed with what I have. Now, just keep consistent with what I'm doing. But time would probably be the answer to that, because life fakes over and there's nothing wrong with that. But you know, you gotta have a life more than just your content gotta have you got to enjoy your life outside of that.
Speaker 3: So your same time is kind of the the obstacle. But what is so, So what would you say is the goal like in your eyes, like what would be that that goal where you can sit back on some on some thanos like now you know, now I can rest.
Speaker 2: I mean, it would be nice if I could make full time living off of this, but I know that consistency is usually how that works. And when I say consistency, I know I'm consistent usually with Instagram and TikTok. But I would want to expand to doing long form even more on YouTube. I would want to be able to hire an editor. I would want to be able to record even more. I would want to be able to vlog a little bit more, maybe go to more wrestling shows, like I'd want to maybe flatter Survivor series in San Diego. I would have loved to go to Forbid Indoor in London, but you know, can't, can't right now?
Speaker 1: So like that, Okay, that's cool. That's don't think you that you're a brand new deck. I'm also a brand new thank you. It's dad. Hood is the best hood and the only hood you want to be in. Man for really changes it changes your outlook on a lot, bro Like, you know, there's a lot of Yeah, it's a lot of sacrifice. It's a lot of sacrifice. One of my buddies, Manny Manny's content. He's a wrestling content perguor he's about to become a dad. And you know I told him. I was like, Bro, there's gonna be a lot of sacrifices. There's gonna be shows that you can't go to. Like, Bro, it's funny, Like right now, my biggest problem is, like I love doing ring side work, like I love recording wrestlings ring Zone, and every single day on my Instagram feed, there's a brand new wrestling show that somebody's gonna have. It can be in Jersey, in Jersey, and I look at the date.
Speaker 3: So I was nice, low kid.
Speaker 1: Jerseys fire. I like this. And I look at my work calendar because hey yo, hit that button, hit that.
Speaker 4: Hey yoo, you freaking But I checked my work calendar, and Bro, I literally work every single time there's a wrestling show.
Speaker 1: So when there's not a weekend that I work and there is a wrestling show, Bro, I'm all in. I'm invested, like and it's just it's a balance, Bro, And it sucks because, like you said, I wish I could be going to San Diego to go see Someboder series. Wish I could go to a w when they you know, like, but it's it's it's hard, bro. Like and I was telling you, like trying to get wrestlers on the podcast, like trying to you know, I've had people leave me on Red for days and then respond to me and it's like, Yo, what's up? Like what you mean? What's up? You just have you all fucking read for a year? Like how don't we want an interview? No more? But it'd be like that that's the that's the way of the beast, bro. And you know, when it comes to content creating, a lot of people don't understand, like a lot of us don't really get paid for this, Like I.
Speaker 2: Can't get paid, Yeah, a lot of people. Yeah, even the biggest creators. They've been very vocal like yo, I don't make a million dollars. I'm not making full full time money where I could buy a house, Like this is like a side gig for a lot of people. And it's just like there's many ways to monetize if you know how to monetize yourself in every way and aspect possible, But a lot of times you just got to take what you can get. Unless you're making sancis app money, then you're you're talking full time, but it takes a lot of effort to get to that level too, not just like an easy win.
Speaker 3: You're you're speaking, Uh it seems like with some knowledge. So what there's maybe some bit some good ways, some tips for people to monetize their thing. Like I saw you got like some package for a minute, mate, that was tough. That bucket Is that that bucket in the back? Yes, yeah, yeah, that was tough. Hey, Like one bucket is cool, but flip it inside that was two buckets, Like that's that was fire.
Speaker 2: Because the bucket had here and then flips into the other thing. There's actually this one too, the rest of the two thousand No, no, no, this is it's just romans.
Speaker 3: I was like, gave you that it would be crazy, I wouldnt made right now?
Speaker 1: So Jay walk us through that, Like how did what? What went through the thought process of like, Yo, I'm gonna do this minute made video. It's either gonna slap or it's not gonna slap. Like what was the correlation were you went tosspo with your fiance and you were like, yo, Jay us is on the bottle, let's buy a sweetheart.
Speaker 2: So I'll answer the minute made part and then I'll answer the other question about just like knowing about like monetization and stuff. So for the Minute made, you know, it's in every freaking Sea town, associated Fine Fair, Walmart you can think of. So I decided to just so I just yeah exactly. So I end up just posting a video with the jay USO one like, and then Minute Made reached down was like, can we put this on our page whatever? I said, sure, so you can find it there, and then they they just ms, yeah yeah, and then they said, hey, uh, give me your address. We'll just send you a box, like we're just gonna send you a gift. Now, this was like a month ago or two months ago they sent They asked me to give them my address, so they sent it two months later. But one thing that I've learned with that, like posting in general. I guess one of the inspirations is Alan owns. He posts literally everything like he go, He's going to the mall. They sixteen of getting wrestling merch, go with me to the superstore, goal with me here, go with me there. I got this. I got that. So That's what I've kind of inspired myself to do. If I get like a wrestling thing. I'm gonna show it to social media. I got the carrying cross shirt that I got the other day, showed it. That was tough, so I was the same women it made and I was like, let's unbox it. I'm sure people are gonna love it, and and it may loved it. They posted on this story and a lot of people enjoyed it, so there wasn't really too much to it. They just reached out and I just gave my address and sent a nice gift. I said thank you, and then get a video on it. And then for monetization, just whatever platform you're on, see what the requirements are. TikTok for example, create a program. If you can get there, do it. And before even getting to monetization, just be patient because you places like YouTube and TikTok aren't going to pay just anybody. They want to make sure who they're paying is actually committed to whatever they're doing. So like YouTube partner for example, that took a long ass time, but I finally got it through one viral video with TikTok. I think it's like ten thousand followers and like a certain amount of views, and then you get paid on minute long videos. Facebook's I think the only one I'm not monetized on. They have ridiculous requirements anyway. Instagram, I think it's like five thousand or like ten thousand something like that, and then you can get paid on pictures or carosels and threads. I think you can get monetized too, but I'm not on there, and then on Twitter I'm not. But if you pay for like the blue check mark, I think there's stuff you can do not to sure, but monetizing yourself everywhere, if you is the way to maximize how much you make on your content. Because when I post a you, like when I post a TikTok, I'm trying to also get monetized, not just there, but also on YouTube shorts because it's basically the same video but two different places. Just trying to try it. Yeah, exactly, exactly. So yeah, in terms of monetization, But even though I say all this, if you're looking to get into content, money is not the only thing you should be paying attention to. Sure, we all want to make money, but don't do it for that otherwise you're gonna have a very bad time.
Speaker 1: It's definitely. Yeah, I feel like it's like you said, It's definitely not about the money for me. This is more like I just love wrestling. Yeah, I love wrestling. I would do this. I mean I'm doing it for free right now anyway. But like, I just love wrestling. My friends love wrestling. I feel like it's cool that all my friends are marks because if like, if one of my friends wasn't a mark, this guy's a Mark. This guy has like seven WrestleMania chairs. This guy is a Mark.
Speaker 2: Yah.
Speaker 1: But like I couldn't, I couldn't imagine myself having friends that weren't wrestling fans, Like, Yo, let's go to this wrestling show and nobody wants to go. Like, Bro, we go to h O G we be squatted, It'd be Leady Danny myself by that, and that shit is dope to me. Bro, Like that ship is really cool. Is there any content creators uh jild that you that you like or that you look up to or you would like to work with in any way?
Speaker 2: Honestly, I try to work with whoever I can. If somebody reaches out, if I can, and if it makes sense in terms of like just uh making something that is worthwhile, then I will do it. If I had to pick people that I'd love to collab with, probably probably the main ones, like you know, Alan Owans like I like, we follow each other, but we've never really like interacted. I'd love to do something with him, Uh, you know, Santy maybe one day if we get to that that super high status con man and Noweezy, all of them will be cool if they see this. This is this is me shooting my shot.
Speaker 1: We're gonna we're gonna tag them in the in the clip we post this. Nah, yeah, that's dope. And so and again when I when I told you about you know, trying to get all these oh look at that cat. That is a weird looking cat. Trying to get all these content creators, especially specifically the ones from New York. What how does being from New York? I would say help influence the content that you make because if you if you notice, because you're from New York, look at all the wrestling content creation is from New York. But like there's just a certain aura and like a certain swagger.
Speaker 2: It's because we say we're from New York. That that alone, that alone is like okay, he's from New York. Like they're interesting, they're from New York.
Speaker 1: Bro with the mecca New York. Like I said, the last Bro, New York is dead ass, the mecca of everything. Bro, Like we we make the world spin. Bro, look at it. Hip hop was made here, right and then what's it the rhythm of hip hop? Graffiti? Graffiti is art. There's graffiti all over the world, bro, like our food, our money, Like it's just come on, would you rather? Would you rather? I'd rather be a guy from all right? Would you rather talk to a guy from New York or a guy from Tulsa, Oklahoma? What the hell are they doing over there?
Speaker 2: Oklahoma's not even real.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying, dude from Oklahoma today? Actually, you know funny, that's funny.
Speaker 5: Like what are they doing in Oklahoma? One hurricane? They're done off the map? Like New York is the bloat? Like but like how you headed that? Because, like I said, a lot of these wrestling shows they come through New York. All these events come through New York. Fan that excess New York.
Speaker 1: We are such privileged people to be from New York because, like I said, back to the Meca thing, but this is where wrestlers want to wrestle at. Nobody like every.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. Everybody wants to play for the Knicks. Everybody wants to be a Yankee.
Speaker 2: So like I try, I try to like like living in New York my whole life, like you kind of see it as a status symbol, whether it's on social media or whatever, like being like, hey, we're from New York. The only way I really say, I would that it carries into my content would be the way I speak, because I've had like several comments where people caught my accent of a New York accent, especially when I say summer Slam, so like they catch that. I'm always I like, my signature is always wearing a backwards hat. That's just like my goal to so a lot of time too. You like a Yankees hat like I'm wearing now, but it's a black one like Tiffany blue green one. Nice whatever, But try to represent as much as possible, but being subtle about it because I don't want that to be my whole personality.
Speaker 1: From New York.
Speaker 2: I'm walking here exactly. Even my Twitch friends before I got into wrestling, like that's all they say like whenever they talk to me, like on chats and stuff like I'm walking here. I need a cup of coffee. Like now they're doing like ao oc, let me get a chopped cheese the AI way, I'm like, shut the hell.
Speaker 1: Up, broa, the occuation is not even real, bro, Like, that's not even I know the real ox. That's not an oc bro. He's Puerto Rican.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the TikTok TikTok ox.
Speaker 1: I show you. I'll show you a real My man is Muhammad. He only like fouras over here at yakas all four. But actually, and you see, I really love your content because today what was it? Today's Wednesday? Right, yes, tues Wednesday, No, say Tuesday Tuesday. You made a video earlier today talking about today's rundown for NXT, which is dope because as somebody who wants to catch up on watching NXT, because that's what I was telling Dave the other day. Now I feel like I don't have to really watch it because all I gotta do is just go to your Instagram. You give me the reviews, and then nine times out of ten, I'm sure you're gonna come back and drop another video talking about what happened on that NXT episode. And I've noticed like, there's not a lot of people, really, not a lot of content creators doing your rundowns that you're doing, which is cool because I appreciate a good rundown.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I usually do the agendas beforehand because you can look at WW dot com or AW dot com whatever, but most people are scrolling through Instagram. They're not on their web browser looking at WW dot com. They're more likely to be on social media than they are on the actual website. So if you could scroll and then you see me and I'm like, hey, this is what's going on, then you know, that helps out with the view. But it also educates the person on what's to expect, and it could give them like judgment on whether or not they want to watch the show. So it's not just oh, you're learning about it, but it's helping you out and making some sort of decision on what you think.
Speaker 3: He thought it was really helpful during this European tour. My fail to cut you off because I watched it and I was like, oh shit, this is on at.
Speaker 2: This time three o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so it was it was really helpful that I think that'll probably helped a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Next week exactly. Yep, because they're in they're in France. Some people do the reactions as well. I think those are good, but you risk getting copyrighted, especially on TikTok. They have been once in a while. Ww hires like a IP team to look through and see who's like like where the recordings are of like the show and the reactions, and they'll take them down and they strike so like I usually do them, but and they they do help. If you're monetized on TikTok and they get views, they help, but you're also risking your account getting banned. Unfortunately because of that.
Speaker 3: That is that the first response like just quick ban or.
Speaker 2: No, no, you get strikes like they warn you when if that's going on, they don't just instantly ban you, but yeah, or they or they may not take it down. They may not monetize the video specifically because of it being like yeah, so they'll be like now this is disqualified. They do what's considered unoriginal, that's what they call it.
Speaker 1: I got a question, is your favorite wrestler Roman Reigns?
Speaker 2: Of course, how'd you know that?
Speaker 1: Of course the shirt the Leone.
Speaker 2: Jordans in the in the closet to.
Speaker 1: Pep the Roman Reigns tattoo. That's beautiful. That's a Mark Mark.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, I didn't even see that one.
Speaker 2: So I got this at WWE World this year in Vegas.
Speaker 3: I thought that was a Spider Man signed this whole time, you.
Speaker 2: Know, I told the misses. I was like, people probably gonna think it's the Monster Energy drink, like the logo for that. It could look like it could look like it. But now I got this. At WWE World they had like the tattoo station where you could get tattoos, so like it just so happened to work out where one of the artists was free, and I was like, hey, I just want this little thing. They said all right, I was to do it and made it happen in like forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: That's dope. How much did that cost? By the way, because you know ww price couches me.
Speaker 2: That's not too bad about all. Because of the price, I tipped the guy really good. I was like, here's here's another fifty because you're good. The tip goes to the the artist thankfully, it doesn't like gets shared.
Speaker 1: And did you go to WrestleMania or yeah, I did? Nice.
Speaker 2: That was the last wrestling show I've been to because at the time when I went, our baby was one month old, but it was playing way before she was pregnant, so we were like, we have to go regardless. So thankfully, you know, my mom helped out to you know, watch them while we were gone. But as soon as WrestleMania was done next morning, were already back in New York. We had to fly immediately as well. She's she's been no, she's a fan as well. She used to watch it when she was younger. But when we got together, I was telling her like, you know, I watched wrestling once in a while. Then we went to like a show and she got looked just like I am. Her first show with me was RAW twenty five at Barclays and that was when that was when Stone Cold came out and stunned Vince and I think Shane as well. Like it was a good show.
Speaker 1: I feel like anytime raws in Brooklyn, they always pull out the stars. They go yeah, yeah, I don't. It's crazy because like they stopped going to the garden, like they don't. WW doesn't funk with the garden like that no more. I think like a house show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do it once in a while, they will do a televised show, but it's rare now, like one he would.
Speaker 1: Do, like when NXC would do the Barclay Center, when they would do the Takeoversovers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I's when SummerSlam was at the Barklays Center. Yeah, that those were the days.
Speaker 1: This guy knows ball right here, Jail Dino's ball chat for real.
Speaker 3: It was either it was either in in Barclay Center or it was in like Stables Center.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like every summer it was in like one.
Speaker 1: Or the two. Never never never anywhere else, never else.
Speaker 3: Now that is I mean, they brought football stadiums, Bro, and those prices are going up crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they've seen the videos of like what is that ramp side? I think who did that video? I think it was Alan Owns. He did a video talking about how much it costs resale for the rinks, for the ramps side tickets, Bro, at least like seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I was Wressell pull lose I believe for Run of September.
Speaker 1: That's insane.
Speaker 2: That's it's not even WrestleMania, Bro. That's the wild part charging, Yeah, what the.
Speaker 1: Hell is a wrestle palsa, bro, Like that's.
Speaker 2: Just well, that was the name for the E c W paper view back in the day. That's why they took they bought it back, But like, why would you call it wressel palooza, like when you have a WrestleMania Like that could have stood in the archives with Yeah, now there's two triple may they're the same worst. Basically, I think.
Speaker 3: They're trying to get us used to like you know, there could be more than one WrestleMania because they're.
Speaker 2: Trying to do trying to do Yeah I heard that too, Yeah, which is but but.
Speaker 3: To Game's point, I feel like the common uh fan is getting priced out. Like my cousin we've been going to Mania for the last I've been going to Mania for like the last seven years or so, and then my cousin started coming with me. But we just didn't go last year because it was in Vegas and prices were all right, but only the night when seeing a turn heel right, like I was telling I was telling him. I was telling him on Friday, like, yo, bro, we just got paid, Like you know what I'm saying, Like, let's go prices is all right, let's go. And then that Sunday I looked on Monday and he was like, yo, let's check it out. I was like, yo, you too late, Like you got me tight. I was like, good with you. I was trying to put you on. This is the best time. You just got listening to me, and it got like priced out once he'll he'll see it turned up. It's like it tripled, like like the price is tripled.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's crazy. That's actually sick when you look at it like that. He'll turn could triple the price of a ticket. I mean, hey, it probably happened when with fucking Hogan turned heel like as soon as he dropped yeah, and they were like, yo, bet up it. I had another one hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, if they could have really booked it a lot better, this could have been epic. This could have been insane like the Rock and Travis. But like they're scheduling, they would have gave him. If they would have just gave him, I'm sorry. If they would have just gave him a group, like an actual group that's there every week and they would have run roughshot, that would be tough.
Speaker 2: I think it's just that. Uh, because after watching Unreal, you kind of saw like the conversation that was had about Sina turning heel, but like, it's not just the Rock, It's not just Travis Scott or just Sina or Cody, like you know, h and the producers Bruce Pritchard or whoever had a saying it. And I feel like they also had to think long term if they really wanted this to go. I feel like they were thinking short term with how they could pop off elimination chamber to lead into mania. Yeah, that they didn't really think about, like Sina's final run, how a heel turn would go towards the end of the year. And so now we got Seena saying, oh, I want to be a good guy again, Let's.
Speaker 1: Have a They ruined They ruined Sena's he'll turn. Is there anything that you're you're looking forward to this weekend on Sunday, jaild at this clash in Paris pay per view, it being the last pay per view on Peacock.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's so silly.
Speaker 2: Thankfully I found out Spectrum like as Espnu Limited included with my plans, So thankfully I don't have to like do anything with that or pay an extra money, but sucks for everybody else. Unfortunately. I try to help out as much as I can with like the VPN stuff of questions about it, but uh, in terms of Clash of Paris, I'm just upset that stuff and he doesn't get her match. In terms of the match itself, I would say, do you know Logan, I feel is gonna is gonna cook a little bit Logan as much whether people hate Logan or not, he can perform in the ring.
Speaker 1: He is very.
Speaker 2: Exactly. One of my favorite matches is Roman versus Logan in Saudi Arabia. That match insane. But I think and with Seena having a good match with Cody as SummerSlam, I think this could be a good pairing to put on one hell of it. And I hope they do. I hope it's not interference or I hope nothing crazy happens. Let them cook, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree to I think John Cena could make anybody look good, especially after that that that magic Cody, that was an elite John Cena showing like that's the John Cena that we grew up with the entire life. And then you got Roman versus Bronson Roman's gonna do the I think and probably out I want to do some movies. But you know he's getting the rub from Roman. You're getting the rub from the tribal chief, which is Beig. No, it's not like that's not like anybody like right Brandon.
Speaker 3: Sneakers, but he hasn't for one on one mass since Cody A Mania. I think they were saying that's correct. Yeah, everything else matches, Yeah, tech triple threat.
Speaker 1: That we have tag team Roman and to double back on you know, content creators, content creators. Brian he brought up a point about you know, this is this is like we're kind of getting a new character of Roman Rings, Like he's not he's not the godfather sitting at the table. No, more like he's actually you know, yes, he's trying to get his championship back, but he's kind of took like a back seat, like he's not I don't want to say he's not main event, but like we don't really see Roman Rings as much as we used to before, and when we do, you know, he's either getting his ass beat, he's Jennis Jordan's stolen, or he might be he might be doing the job. But I kind of do like where this character can go. He also uh friend Brian. He also hinted that you know, they might be doing like a new bloodline, like a new series of the bloodline, like Jay, you know, saying me just re rocking it. Possibly just no no Paul Haymen this time, but their own little you know, their own little click. But this was a dope ass interview j LD. Before we wrap it up, I usually act wrestlers if they could cut a promo for us. No, you're not a wrestler, but can you cut a promo to send us home?
Speaker 2: You know, I made a funny like I was trying to make its eventually about like kind of improvised promos. But let's see week. You see, when I was invited into the New World podcast, I was pretty excited. I saw that Gabe was inviting me in. I saw Dave was joining in last second. But you know what, you guys fucking killed it. And you know what, because of that, I am going with none other than the ww Championship. And that is my improv because I have no idea what to say.
Speaker 1: Let's go and now just give the people your socials where they could find you any any media outlets platforms.
Speaker 2: So you can find me at just Laying Down. Depending on what social media platform you find, it might have an underscore not but Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook reels is also there. My link tree will be found in my Instagram or whatever socials that has every single platform that I'm on. Follow me everywhere. I do long form content, I do short form content. I try to do vlogs. I try to collab with people. I try to make reviews, comedy skits. I try to do everything in the wrestling world. So if you like wrestling, make sure you're following me.
Speaker 1: See that's a pro bowl look at you. Yeah, ladies and gentlemen, jail d.
Speaker 3: Let's explore this real quick. What else you got we got? No, I can't believe we didn't use that one.
Speaker 2: Get shipped on? What else I got? My mom always there you go. That's what and that's how we're ending it.
Speaker 3: That's how we're Internet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Chat, that's a high note. We're gonna end rate there. Mommy's on top. Is your boy Gabe? We got Dave j LD Just laying Down catching on Instagram, The New World podcast Clashing Paris watch Party this Sunday simple, more than brewing. We are there at two pm. Nice and sharp. Come down. I'm opening to the tab. We're keeping the tab open. You want to drink, come and drink with us. You want to smoke, they're smoking outside. Kids are loud at the watch party because that's just how we roll. Ladies and gentlemen. It's the New World Podcasts. We are out of here. Peace and love. We love you.