Speaker 1: Yea ripped up.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: You need advice when you don't have, come running just as fast as we can shoot. It's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 3: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hi Tom Martino. Here, welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you any way we can by solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. All you have to do is call three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. This hour brought to you by waterpros dot net. Get your handle on the healthiest water around for your kitchen sink for drinking under twelve hundred bucks like eleven hundred dollars, and then whole house, get rid of four wherever chemicals thirty four hundred. These systems are primary before supplements and organic food. Get your water right threeho three eighty six two five five five four waterproos dot net. So what is on your mind today? A lot of people are talking about teriffs and how they affect consumers. Obviously, tariffs will affect prices. Somehow businesses pay more a lot of people misunderstand what a tariff is. Let's break it down for dummies. A tariff is a tax you pay on top of everything else. So it's it's an import tax basically, or an export tax. So if somebody's exporting something to us, or actually we're having it imported. So if Ford motor company or a drug company imports things and there's a terrafonic they pay for the product.
Speaker 4: They pay the normal shipping.
Speaker 2: Fees and handling fees, and then on top of that there's a percentage for a tariff.
Speaker 4: Those tariffs are collected by the federal government.
Speaker 2: So the tariff makes the product more expensive when an American company is importing it by five, ten, fifteen, twenty five, whatever the tariff is, the question is does that company take five, ten, fifteen or whatever less profit, or that they simply mark up the retail price.
Speaker 4: Well, it can go both ways.
Speaker 2: Sometimes they split it, sometimes they add it to the product. If they add it to the product, arguably products go up, inflation goes up if they share it. If they take some of the expense themselves, it goes to the stock's bottom line, which can affect stock prices and therefore the stock market. So a lot of companies with heavy imports, their stock might go down, earnings might go down. It's all math. It just has to do with what the companies do with the tariffs. Do they pass them on, do they share some of them? Do they eat them? That's for importing. Now when people put tariffs on American goods to get back at us.
Speaker 4: So let's say China.
Speaker 2: Now they're pissed off and saying, okay, we're going to put tariffs on American goods. Well that means Americans ship in some stuff.
Speaker 4: To Russia or China. Well, let's say China. That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: So China puts a tariff on it. So now a farmer who's selling goods to China through a broker, it's not direct, but their product is more expensive to the end user. So now the end user can do a few things. The end user can pass it on to their Chinese consumers, the end user can absorb it, or the end user can say to the supplier, hey, your product is getting too expensive, so to help us out with the teriffs, we want you to lower the price of the product.
Speaker 4: Now we can do that too.
Speaker 2: So if China puts some tariffs on products that make them more expensive for business here. It's always business to business with tariffs, right, But then they eventually sell the products they make with those products to the public or they.
Speaker 4: Pass them on.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal, so we can demand as American businesses, Wait a minute, China, if your government put a bunch of stuff, a bunch of tariffs on us or excuse me of America, but twenty five percent on your product, you're gonna have to lower your product.
Speaker 4: So you see, there's.
Speaker 2: All kinds of ways this can play out. There is no one way. There's all kinds of ways it can weigh out. Most people can sede will be a burden on the consumer eventually.
Speaker 4: One way or the other. Mark.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about tariffs now? I feel to begin with the tariffs aren't the end goal anyway. I feel it's a bargaining tip. I agree, it's definitely a bargaining trip.
Speaker 5: Or we saw that with Mexico and Canada, we saw that with Columbia. With China, it's a little different. It's very complicated over there. It's not going to be anything that's solved in one week.
Speaker 6: We have to stop that.
Speaker 5: The fentanyl or the substances to make fentanyl, the raw fentanyl going into Mexico.
Speaker 6: We've got to do a lot over there.
Speaker 5: The tariff situation with them has not been fair for a long time. They don't allow some of our products to even be sold over there. It's just not going to be solved in one week. That's going to be a very long term issue. The other one's reasy, the ones I don't like his Europe. I don't understand why we can't sell Ford and Chevy over there, but yet they can sell Mercedes, BMW and everything else. Europe has treated us very unfairly for years.
Speaker 6: And they're supposed to be our allies. Hell, we protect them.
Speaker 5: In fact, if it wasn't for us, they'd be speaking German quite frankly.
Speaker 6: And they treat us like crap over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah so I guess I'm not sure why. Yeah so, I guess I'm not sure why the situation is the way it is right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Just don't I don't fully understand what they hope to accomplish doing it back now. It's not like Americans, I don't think, are asking for unreasonable demands. They're saying, look, we're tired of your fentanyl. We're tired of your illegal aliens or illegal whatever, intruders, whatever. Documented people were tired of it, and so we want you to do something about it. That's really what.
Speaker 5: The other thing with tariffs, I think Columbia figured out real quick and possibly Canada. So ninety six percent of the car parts they make in Canada are sold to the US. I mean virtually we're their only customer. So what would happen if that did go in Well, companies would start sourcing with Mexico, they would start sourcing with Taiwan, maybe even China, and once that, once they retooled all those places, that would be a big problem because Canada would never regain that kind of market share again once they lost it. And that was the same with coffee and Colombia. That's only twenty percent of the coffee that we bring into the country. My god, we were to resource that in a heartbeat and no one would have ever gone back to them. So the other thing is that resourcing, even with China, you're going to have resourcing to Taiwan, resourcing to Vietnam. So there's a lot of things that might not affect pricing. Although I tend to agree with you one hundred percent. It's definitely going to affect pricing in the short term if it's massive.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: I mean. So, so here's the deal. I believe it's being used like a bargaining ship. I don't believe in the long run anyone wants to see terraces on either side. But I think it's a way to get another country's attention to say, look, we're tired of one way transactions. We want a little participation here to help. We want you to take your end or to hold up more of your end of the bargain, you know, crack down on fetanol, crack down on illegal immigrants coming into the country.
Speaker 4: And it'll be even now.
Speaker 2: Of course, China says, as they said with Remember China is still maintaining with COVID.
Speaker 4: They had less than five thousand cases.
Speaker 2: You know, so China says they don't have a fentanyl problem. What do you say to that, I mean, they just deny it.
Speaker 5: Well, it's absurd. Just then said the Wuhan lab had nothing to do with COVID. I mean, come on, get out of here.
Speaker 2: We not just that, no, no, but I'm talking about the public outbreaks you remember their numbers that there are enough. Countries were reporting millions of cases, and China with the million.
Speaker 4: People said, how a.
Speaker 5: City of Wuhan had it. I mean that's that's probably thirty thousand right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were claiming they had a total of forty nine hundred cases. I mean, it's amazing what we uh, what we allow.
Speaker 4: But anyway we're.
Speaker 2: Talking, how did I know a lot of people say, Tom, why are you talking politics?
Speaker 4: All said, well, we're not. This is a direct consumer issue.
Speaker 2: If you don't see terras as a direct consumer issue, you're nuts.
Speaker 6: Hey, I just looked it up. By the way, Juhan Hockey teen million.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, I mean it's ridiculous they even say stuff like that. But it's even more ridiculous that, you know, our news repeats stuff like that.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's crazy, I know it.
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five is the number to call if you have a problem, question or complain Deputy D. I don't know if he's in the studio today or where he is, but he had two follow ups yesterday. I want to get to and then he has an attorney.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's in the studio.
Speaker 8: He's actually coming in at ten thirty and then he can kill.
Speaker 2: Right then, got it all right? Three O three seven one three talk. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Frank dran The real Estate Man dot com for market valuations of your home. If you are looking to find out what your house will sell for, what you cannet, what you can buy, what the interest rates are doing, what the supplying demand is doing, what comps are doing, what your neighborhood is doing compared to other neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: It's the free analysis.
Speaker 2: Frank Thrande, real Estate Man dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand The real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 2: You're troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five, And we are here trying to sift through the day and make, uh, make sense of everything when it comes to your heart and your pocketbook. And I do have some follow ups and I do have some notes here.
Speaker 4: Somebody wants to know if you are.
Speaker 2: Going to talk about They said, if you're going to talk about politics and finance and how it relates to our pocketbook, why don't you talk about how to survive tariffs or how to survive price increases. Well, jeez, I don't know if there's an answer to that. I mean, I guess you go for the best deals. I mean, it's still when it comes right down to it, being a good consumer is getting the best value. I mean, that's truly, that's truly what you want. You want to be a smart consumer. So how do you be a smart consumer? I mean, how do you One of the ways you become a smart consumer is by shopping, by comparing. And it might be that prices do go up temporarily.
Speaker 4: It might be that they don't.
Speaker 2: You know, we're supposed to look at this like, we're doing this for a reason. We have been taken advantage of on the world stage, and we want to even out the playing field. By the way, why do people believe that getting rid of AID? This is the financial aid the US AID Office is going to help us around the world. AID helps us to become more loved around the world, and by pulling it, we're isolating ourselves and inviting more terrorists and hostility.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's called America first. It's pretty simple.
Speaker 5: I'd rather give that money to some guy that fought in World War two or Vietnam that's out on the streets right now, get him help, compared to help in a trans transit Yeah no.
Speaker 4: No, but really in a way.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we have had some ridiculous What are some of the ridiculous programs AID was playing for?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, there were some good electric electric vehicles in Vietnam, transcare clinics in I don't even know what in Vietnam, l LGBTQ initiatives globally everywhere they have a comic book, thirty seven thousand dollars for a transvestite comic book. Serb Q groups. Oh, listen to this one. Millions to a lab in China for COVID research. Yup, that's right. The White Coat Waist Project Anti Animal Experimentation group also uncovered the us AID funded thirty eight million worth of grants that ended up going to the same lab where COVID nineteen is believed to originate it from.
Speaker 6: That's nice.
Speaker 5: HIV research about transgenders in South Africa. It just goes on and on and on. And by the way, every dollar they get TOM I think forty to forty three percent of it is for their cost. In other words, that money goes nowhere. We don't even know where it goes. It goes for rent, it goes for payroll. But there's no breakdown of any of this stuff. What kind of organization like take a good take a good I don't know a good organization, a good nonprofit.
Speaker 6: I think they operate like on five percent.
Speaker 4: Mark.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that more than half of them don't even show up to the office.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's ridiculous. They don't know who's actually working or who's not. They're just paying themselves. It's ridiculous. We're gonna find a lot more.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to remind people to call us with a problem, question or complaint.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going to go through some text here.
Speaker 6: How about in the opera? Listen to this?
Speaker 5: How about an opera in Colombia? I mean, why are we paying for an opera in Colombia? Efforts to expand atheism abroad almost at half a million dollars to expand atheism in Nepal?
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 2: I have no idea anyway, three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. You can always call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four six six twenty four seven and leave a message and we we'll get back to you. Now, super Bowl ads, do you know what they're up to?
Speaker 4: Right now? What is it? Eleven million for.
Speaker 2: A I mean for thirty seconds?
Speaker 4: Think about it this now. I looked up.
Speaker 2: Some of the most the bombs five Super Bowl commercials that were the worst commercials and backfired and had negative effects. You could liken them to the to the bud light and that mulvany or whatever.
Speaker 4: But it's not one of those, okay.
Speaker 2: But there were five commercials, not all in one year, over the years that were a big giant failure. Starting back in twenty fifteen, I don't remember this commercial.
Speaker 4: It showed a boy in a tuxedo.
Speaker 2: It was a somber commercial, and he was describing all of the experiences he will not be able to live through, like his prom or his graduation or you know, playdates, because he was killed in an accident, in a preventable accident. It was intended to show the world that child safety can help, you know, extend the life of these young people, but it turned out to be so morbid that it backfired big time.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going to click this.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we can hear it, but when we do, hold on, it's like, okay, anyway, Yeah, you can't really.
Speaker 4: Hear what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's showing him on a bus and showing him, you know, hang gliding and all this thing, and then at the end it basically says, no, I'm never going to get to do any of these because I drowned in my bathtub.
Speaker 4: Can you believe this? That's true?
Speaker 2: It's a true story. I mean, this was an ad in twenty fifteen. Now there was one more that I never knew about. This was in twenty sixteen. Do you remember this ad or do you even look.
Speaker 4: At the ads? Mark Shannon Kachina, I remember most.
Speaker 2: This one was a creature that was part puppy monkey and a human baby. Nice it was the puppy monkey baby commercial featured this disturbing hybrid creature dancing and singing because it wanted to emphasize the combination of strange things that mountain dew is doing their juice and their their caffeine and their mountain dew. And they wanted they said they thought this bizarre ad would be viral, and it it was in a way, but not for the product.
Speaker 4: It was because of how grotesque it was.
Speaker 2: So those were the top those were they weren't the top bad ones. We're going five to four, and then we'll go three two one. Those were the two of the top five that did badly. Another one, this one was canceled due to the LBG y q t x y z o A e I O U one, two, three, four, five, six, seven eight groups.
Speaker 4: We'll do that, coming right up.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 4: Find out now three O three seven seven to one help.
Speaker 2: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martina here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight.
Speaker 4: Two five five.
Speaker 2: So we've been talking about anything on your mind, mainly what's on our mind today.
Speaker 4: If you have a problem, question, complain and give us a call. You know how the show works.
Speaker 2: Calls get get priority now, Dimitri deputy d H follow ups.
Speaker 6: Yep, finally here Tom, I'm ready for some follow ups if you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So I want to go back to Tim and home depot.
Speaker 2: Basically, what Tim says is a charge showed up.
Speaker 4: No, he bought a steel building. Okay, wait wait is this the steal building or.
Speaker 6: Not this Schrager barbecue grill?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I got it. Hold on, let me just find it.
Speaker 6: And the call was on January twenty seventh.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what I'm looking for. Hold on January twenty seventh. Okay, So on January twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: He calls in.
Speaker 2: He says, look, I have a problem.
Speaker 4: I can't get my money.
Speaker 2: I can't get my refund and it's really a crazy thing.
Speaker 4: But what happened was.
Speaker 2: He bought a grill at home Depot on the fourth of December and then canceled it on the fifth.
Speaker 4: It was delivered anyway.
Speaker 2: They picked it up on the thirtieth of December and said, okay, we're going to refund your money. They said, we gave you your money, it's in PayPal, but PayPal says we haven't gotten anything from home Depot. So he still owes PayPal credit sixteen hundred or seventeen hundred bucks, but they say it's never been credited or they would cancel it out.
Speaker 4: So what happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, both home Depot and PayPal kept pointing the finger at each other. So poor Tim was just kind of stuck in the middle. In the meantime, you know, he doesn't care whose fault it is. He just wants his sixteen hundred clams back. So I developed a source deep deep inside Home Depot. I don't even know what stayed, but it's somewhere at corporate and the gentleman I spoke with of it there really sprang into action. He said, hey, man, just send me a copy of the guy's receipt, give me his name, phone number, all that, and I'll take care of it. And he did. Tim let me know. Tim sent me an email either the day after or maybe two days later at most. He says, Hey, this cat over at home Depot got me a complete refund. And I checked my PayPal account and sure enough, it's right in there. So that was the end of Yeah, that was the end of scene.
Speaker 4: You know what. Listen, think about this.
Speaker 2: He was dealing with this for months and months, and all it took was so one at the company to get it done. Why is it that not everyone can get it done?
Speaker 6: Well, not everyone can use your name when they call home depots. So that that.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking about the guy inside home Depot. Yeah, oh yeah, how much that was sixteen? Tim must be really happy. By the way, did he ever end up getting a grill?
Speaker 6: Yeah? You know, well he returned to home Depot grill because he found a better deal on the same grill from another retailer. So he did end up with a grill at a presumably a better price, and he got his refund and he sent me an emails saying he's been listening to you for I'm not kidding you, he said, forty five years.
Speaker 2: And you mean the guy at home depot, Oh, no, Tim, the caller, oh Tim.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he was very grateful.
Speaker 4: You had a guy call in on the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: His name was Paul, and he had enough frustrating problem and basically it was with a car repossession, right mm hmm.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Paul had his pickup truck repossessed by First Tech First Tech Federal Credit Union. And he doesn't dispute that they had a good reason to repossess. I mean, he just didn't make payments for whatever reason. But a few days after the repossession, which got the caller's attention. And his name is Paul, so Paul finally started paying attention. He paid off, he zeroed out, he went online and zeroed out his entire car.
Speaker 2: Loan with after but after it repossessed.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, but he had certain period to apparently cure the default. So he got it. So he got the loan paid off, and he wanted his truck back, so he went over to a company that toted away. It's called Midnight Recovery, and Midnight Recovery says, oh wait, man, we don't have your truck anymore. It's over at Mannheim Auction getting ready to be sold off for the you know, on behalf of the creditor. So he went to Manheim and I don't know if he went to a person or called, but they said, hey, we got the truck. They confirmed that it's truck. It's scheduled for the auction, but they can't release it to Paul because because First Tech Federal Credit Union needs to authorize Mannheim to release it to the caller, right to the consumer. And according to Paul, he was He tried and tried and tried to get First Tech Federal Credit Union to call Mannheim or email or whatever they do to get the truck released to him, and they just wouldn't do it. So Paul was getting really nervous because hey, you know, he wasn't sure when the day is coming, but the day is going to come when the truck is going to be sold to somebody else. So that's when he called us and asked for help. He wanted his truck back. And what did you do? Well, I found this lady who is the vice president of let's see, I'm not going to say her name, but according to the credit union's website, she's the vice president of public affairs. Of course, no phone number, but I emailed her, no response. I emailed her two or three times, just asking for comment and if she can maybe help the dude, you know, get a truck back and you know, just kind of verified that the loan has actually been paid off. Never heard back from her. But then suddenly Friday night, I get an email from some company, some kind of a PR branding company, who says, hey, sorry about the long time, you know, to long time to respond to your emails. The First Tech Federal Credit Union. They've engaged our services to discuss this matter with you. However, we have a policy of not discussing customer affairs with any out with anybody outside because of you know, she quoted some bologna, but respect for customer privacy, notwithstanding the fact that the customer himself called a radio show to complain.
Speaker 4: You know, I understand this, So I.
Speaker 6: Said, well, I understand, So I said, okay, I'll just tell you know, I'll update everybody else say you guys had no meant but it turned out that Paul emailed me the next day at some point during the weekend, I think it was on Saturday, and he said, hey, they they they released my truck and uh I can go pick it up now. So, uh so whatever was going on in the back.
Speaker 2: Immediately immediately after you called?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, so okay emailed. Yeah. I emailed over a period of two days, and the only response I got from First Tech Federal Credit Union is no comments. That's how I that's all right?
Speaker 2: So basically, I but they got it. I'm hoping this is going to work. Mark is challenging my dinger, and uh, okay, but you I owe you two of them, and you know, let me let me just say something. Yeah, here's an inside joke. My dinger hasn't been working as it used to. But let me say, hey, Channon, did you get that?
Speaker 4: Did my dinger come through? Did my dinger come through?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 4: Come on, guys, it did too.
Speaker 6: All right, Tom, you can you guys hear that you can owe me a dinger. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: I think you're not Wait wait, wait, wait, you're not hearing that, Dmitri, No, you liars. I'm seeing it right on this boarde. It's so funny how he thinks we're all lying. No one can hear it.
Speaker 6: And by the way, Tom didn't touch anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to challenge. I'm going to say, you do hear it?
Speaker 6: Yep, we hear it. We're messing with him.
Speaker 4: You let me see.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna turn it all the way up and I'm gonna I'm going to tell you you're hearing it right now. I'm gonna oh, okay, I'm gonna turn it right up. Just no, don't do it. I'm gonna do it, Shannon. Hold on one more?
Speaker 6: That was you.
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 4: Do you guys hear that one? Yep? Are you just telling them that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: Yah?
Speaker 6: Because did you? If I tell them no, Oh, he won't believe me.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I'll get it.
Speaker 2: I'm but I'm watching it. Hold on, here's another one. You're watching it on YouTube. The people on YouTube here at no one else does though. You're not sending it to the station. You're just sending it to YouTube.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, YouTube's getting it. Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Now I got to figure out what the hell's going on you people.
Speaker 6: I bet you didn't touch any I get this.
Speaker 2: No no, that time I did. I tried to bring in a new sound of it. I'm so bashful. Okay, let's work on today show, Dimitri. Yeah, you got the you got his car back, you got the thing.
Speaker 6: Ding ding ding He thanks a lot. That's even better, ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 4: Just so.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Tom, It's very kind of you. I have another case closed from the twenty thirty. You guys want to hear about it now or we can do it later. Yeah, for no, for sure, let's do it so on the So this is a call that Mark took on the twenty.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait wait, Shan is saying we gotta wait. He's saying I took too much time on my dinger. Now we gotta take a break. By this is a break to recalibrate my dinger. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Wait time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So have you ever had a car threaten to be shut down if you don't do what you're supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Well? I just got one. Apparently my car is always been.
Speaker 2: They always tell me how many miles I have to service and all of that. Now they told me that we've gotten an alert, a service alert from your car. It they say that the tires are low, dangerously low. And also now my brake pads are in need of replacement, and I should pull over immediately and have them bring me in or and they say numerous other issues are overdue. If you do not, if you do not call or make an appointment, in essence, we are going to disable the vehicle. Now, why don't you believe that I'm looking right at it. I'm gonna I'll even put it up on it.
Speaker 6: I thought you were gonna send it to me to look at.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to I mean I haven't had a chance. I've been on the air.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine.
Speaker 5: I mean, what a great way to sell you stuff. We're gonna disable your car unless you bring it to the dealership.
Speaker 4: They say for safety. They have an obligation. You can disable this. You can go on. Okay, I'm gonna be honest. You can go on.
Speaker 2: When you hit the link, you go onto the app and it says to disable this service and take full responsibility.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah. You can disable that for the future. I didn't know it was enabled.
Speaker 2: So anyway, folks, we are living in a big brother kind of society.
Speaker 4: There are all kinds of crazy.
Speaker 2: Go with a short thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped news you needed, that's who you don't have. Run anxious as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 6: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martino, Hello Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We're here solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints. See, calls have been a little slow, which means you can get right through.
Speaker 4: Some days.
Speaker 2: We can't even breathe when it comes to calls. And I'm telling you, though, the important thing is that you call it the first sign of a problem, and don't wait now. We were talking about a lot of consumer issues. One of them, I mean a lot of people love they love looking at Super Bowl ads, and I talked about the ones that failed.
Speaker 4: Well, I only talked about a couple.
Speaker 2: One was about a kid that was dead, reminiscing on things he'll miss in his life because he was killed in a in his bathtub, and it was it was a commercial about child safety. Another one was about this mountain dew creature. It was a puppy monkey baby trying to show that you can combine bizarre things and that's what Mountain Dew did with juice and caffeine and Mountain dew. And then there's another one called Snickers Mechanics. Now this one was very strange. This one was about mechanics working on a car vehicle and they were eating a Snickers bar together and they got to the middle of the Snickers bar where their faces came together in a kiss. Two male mechanics. Then they stopped eating the bar in shock and followed by exaggerated as this says, exaggerated masculine reactions to the fact that they kissed.
Speaker 4: This ad was immediately canceled.
Speaker 2: And it was It drew great critics from lg B OH two O seven jeez, and it took LGBTQ.
Speaker 4: Plus you know, all the other whatever.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they all said that it was a homophobic and it showed that being gay was disgusting and it shouldn't portray that message. Anyway, they completely stopped the commercial and ran it nowhere. That was the Kissy commercial. Then there was the General Motors Robot. This is a controversial commercial that depicted a factory robot on the assembly line of General Motors dreaming that he was fired, and then he was contemplating suicide.
Speaker 4: He was going to end it all as a machine.
Speaker 2: Mental health organization strongly criticized anything that would trivialize suicide and depression, and to even suggest it would be an alternative to losing your job or the result of losing your job was scorned upon.
Speaker 5: I am so sick of the nanny state. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety nine, there was an ad this is the most defensive, they said of all time. In nineteen ninety nine, this commercial called the Kenya Mission. It was the most controversial Super Bowl ad ever.
Speaker 4: It was a shoe company, I don't know who.
Speaker 2: It was a commercial that showed white men hunting down a Kenyan runner in his their feet.
Speaker 4: They drugged him and then.
Speaker 2: Forcibly put their shoes on his feet, and after that he could run better and he felt better.
Speaker 4: It was universally.
Speaker 2: Condemned for its racist and colony colonialistic overtones, leading by the way, to legal action against the advertising agency and lasting damage. So these white men, by the way, they allow you to watch these commercials, these white men, I'm going to put the link up on I can put a link up.
Speaker 5: On our YouTube feed right mark if you're in the regular mode.
Speaker 2: I'm a wrench. So anyway, I'm going to put this up here, and here's the deal. Okay, so I copy the link and I'll go to my YouTube feed and feed it.
Speaker 4: But here's the point they're saying.
Speaker 2: Now, Now I can I can see that one. I mean, can't you see why that one would be offensive? For God's sakes, I see the commercial. Yeah, I'm gonna put up the link.
Speaker 5: Put it up, and I'll put a pole up if people think it's racist.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do that. Hold on one second, I'm doing that right now. I'm on the feed. I just got on the feed.
Speaker 5: You might have to switch over to a referral list.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just turned that volume off. Okay, here's the link. Watch this and answer poll. That's what I'm gonna say. Now, there it is. I hope the Yeah. Okay, so I did it. Three oh three seven one three A two five five Antonio? What is your question about organ donation? Antonio? Yes?
Speaker 11: Can you hear me?
Speaker 12: Yes, sir, I'm just wondering if there if there is a protocol this. It's a person that we know of Famila, that we know they took the body to a woman under under middle forties. She got stroke, she got on a stroke, and she's supposed to have a service at the church on Friday.
Speaker 6: But yes, the funeral.
Speaker 12: Service is saying that they need to awake because she basically they returned her in pieces.
Speaker 2: So once or Antonio, Antonio, let me let me make sure, let me make sure I'm hearing you correctly. So there was a person in their mid eight at mid forties, right, a.
Speaker 4: Man or a woman?
Speaker 2: Yes, women, a woman died in her mid forties, and she was an organ donor, correct, and she and and she was returned in pieces.
Speaker 12: Yes, So is there a protocol because she's supposed to have a service at church, like having her body there, you know, present on Friday. But the funeral service is saying that they need to cremate her right away because it's I mean, it's basically in pieces.
Speaker 2: They say, okay, so they can't get her ready for.
Speaker 12: Showing no, no, like I said, it's yeah. The husband went to take a look at her body and and she she was shocked.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, this is this is this is quite shocking. Antonio. Let me ask a few questions here. When did she become an organ donor.
Speaker 12: I'm not sure to be honest, but she was perfectly fine.
Speaker 2: Well does the husband? Does the husband know when she became an organ downer? It must have been in the paperwork.
Speaker 12: I'm sure. Yeah, yeah, So I'm not We're not really close to the family. So we were invited to the service and then.
Speaker 2: And so what happened at the service? What happened at the service?
Speaker 12: The service is supposed to be this Friday, sir.
Speaker 4: And what's going to happen?
Speaker 12: They're trying to accelerate that because the under the house wants to cremate it.
Speaker 4: I get that. So what are they trying to accelerate.
Speaker 12: The cremation? But the service is supposed to be with the body at the church this Friday.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: So are they saying let me ask you this, Antonio? Okay, what is your question? I guess we ought to go to that because I don't know what your question is.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 12: Is there a protocol to follow, like once you're an organ donor, right, they're supposed to return the body and I mean able to have it to present in a in a service or.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying, Antonio. I get what you're saying, hold on, let me look, let me look this up. I know some people in the business of cremation and funerals.
Speaker 4: I want to ask them off the air.
Speaker 2: Hold on three h three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martinez. This is this is a touchy situation. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: Renew home Innovations dot Com will do the most beautiful shower enclosures you've ever seen, with pure porcelain sheets that require no maintenance.
Speaker 4: Here's what's great about it.
Speaker 2: They do any kind of fixtures you want, porcelain walls, grab bar seats. They customize this for you. No curtains or doors to mess with. You can go around corners where the water doesn't get out. It's that new modern look. No thresholds, perimeter drains. Two or three days they get it done, and you have seventy two months to pay with no interest three or three nine zero four two thousand, nine zero four two thousand. Renew home Innovations dot Com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. All right, yeah, I'll bring up Marx camera in a second. I've been so busy doing other stuff. And if you want to see his ugly face, we'll do it. But right now I want to talk about things that people are calling about, and this organ donation. This is what I'm learning, Antonio. Usually when you surrender your organs, there are disclaimers because different organs require different amounts of surgery or different amounts of.
Speaker 4: Mutilation so to speak. I hate use that word.
Speaker 2: So really it depends on the organs being donated. You many times people who I don't know I put it, do multiple donations. They they're not intact.
Speaker 12: I mean the I mean, you were really healthy. I'm assuming that they took everything that they can use.
Speaker 5: But they're supposed to show you up so they can lay in a coffin.
Speaker 2: Though, well, okay, it was normally Yeah, here's what it says. If the donor has specified in the agreement that the body must be returned intact for viewing the procurement documentary, Well, do they have a document where they Okay, so they were promised this, Okay, I know, No, don't say okay, I'm asking a question.
Speaker 4: Where they promised this?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think they will.
Speaker 12: I mean, the husband was pretty devastated about it. Could that she was pretty healthy and told me she just got a stroke.
Speaker 2: So here's what they said, Mark, where are you reading yours from? Where are you reading yours from?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 5: I read that from Microsoft AI.
Speaker 4: Oh. But here's the deal.
Speaker 2: These these are the ethics that cover these kinds of things.
Speaker 4: I'll give you that website in a second. But what they're.
Speaker 2: Saying is that normally, normally there are provisions to get the body intact as much as possible, but.
Speaker 4: It depends on the program.
Speaker 2: Like in rare cases there's extensive donations and sometimes it's for science and they don't return it. In other cases they go so far as to dress the body with artificial limbs and make it look up here whole.
Speaker 4: I really don't know what to say.
Speaker 2: Who was the one harvesting what organization harvested the organs?
Speaker 12: I'm not sure, sir, I got very little information.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, we need to get all the if you want to pursue this.
Speaker 4: So right now, what are they doing? Tell me what the family's doing?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 12: They're getting calls from the general service about they need to incinerate.
Speaker 4: What are they doing?
Speaker 2: Are they upset? Are are they upset? Are they gonna go through with the closed coffin? What are they doing?
Speaker 12: They're gonna go ahead and just close it because her husband went to see her and he's like, it's basically a pile of stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is so sad. That is so sad. God, that just doesn't sound right. Could you do me a favor, really? Can you get the name of the organization that harvested?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And could you don't ask the husband for any documents they signed?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, is this husband a friend of yours?
Speaker 12: She was more a friend of my wife, know, okay, I just know that somebody is from church, but she knows she knew my work more and he wasn't minded us to the service just on Sunday. Yeah, and I get it coming today or yesterday. They were asking me they can ascelilate everything because they need to cremate her right away.
Speaker 4: What Antonio.
Speaker 2: Okay, So do me a favor and get me that information.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, And I just call you guys back or is there an email?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Now, we're going to give you somebody to talk to.
Speaker 2: Let's give it. Could Gina give this to a deputy there that can take his call back and can talk to him personally. I want to get to the bottom of this. Really, I do this. This is sad, Sandra. What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Sandra?
Speaker 13: Thanks so much or taking my call. I wanted to check with you. My daughter will be relocating to the Houston area and so we've got movers taking most of her things, but we need to get her car down there. So we have an option.
Speaker 2: Now hold on some moving vans. Some moving vans will put a car on it. Yeah.
Speaker 13: This is going to be a smaller company that we've worked with many times here in the Springs, and I really like him and I'm comfortable with him, but unfortunately I've checked with him and that's not an option. But kind of car drive it. It's a twenty twelve Toyota wrap.
Speaker 12: All right, and it all the best way, always good shape.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the best way, always always.
Speaker 2: Is to have a friend or a family member or the owner drive it themselves. That's always the best. If you have a friend or family really, it's really cheap to get a one way ticket for them home. That's the best way. Okay, I'm just telling you that they can drive it. They can, you know, take their time if you trust them. Now, there are transport companies, and the reason I asked about the car is because these transport companies are expensive. For example, the cheapest I don't know of any transport that would be done for less than eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, I think from what we're hearing, it would be anywhere from five hundred to one thousand, and now getting the with a time frame, probably more like a thousand. But I also, I know you've had horror stories in regard to some situations with weavers and everything, and I'm sure I'm just not familiar with carriers versus brokers.
Speaker 2: And all that well, okay, if you have to do it, you're never going to go through a carrier.
Speaker 4: They're all brokers. Now.
Speaker 2: The thing is, though, that there are good brokers, and there are people that can, and I know some, but they're very expensive.
Speaker 4: They're they're for expensive cars and they're for people that can.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could give them to you, but I know they're going to be expensive.
Speaker 4: I just know it. I mean, I've had very expensive cars moved in.
Speaker 2: The past, but but I don't know of any where it's cost effective for a regular car. What I tell people, if you're moving a regular car, get it on the moving van, or get a friend or relative to help you out. It's well worth paying their way, the gas and then home. It's well worth it, right, So that's what I will, And please don't fall for these brokers.
Speaker 13: If that doesn't appear to be an option outside of you know, if I wanted to just check the prices and see who would you?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I don't mind giving you names now, and again I hate giving these names out.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: They call me and say, Tom, we you know we're a specialty company. Blah blah blah. They don't mind me giving these names out. The problem is is they're not on my referral list. They're just people that i've personally used. So a lot of people get confused and say this company and get and call me back, and they shouldn't be on your list, and they're not on my list. And the reason they're not on my list is because they're a specialty company. So that's why they're not on my list. One of them is, uh, let me just find it is Baja Auto Transport okay, bah baga. And you know, here's how I found these guys in the beginning. I found them because I went to these car dealers that really use transports all the time, and they all recommended so ba aha b a Ja Auto Transfert. Here's the number three O three eight seven to two thirty six seventy two. Again, I'm not vouching for him. I've used them.
Speaker 13: Okay, Well, that's fine, Yeah, I get that. It eight actually came up on one of the lists as far as a good one.
Speaker 2: And the other one is JS okay Juliet Sierra JS Auto Transport, and that's seven four four eight five five fourteen seventy three.
Speaker 13: Okay, great, Well that helps to get it.
Speaker 4: You know how it works out.
Speaker 2: You know, well, yeah, it'll give you, it'll give you a price to compare to flying your friend home, right.
Speaker 13: Right, And I don't even mind doing that and everything this time of year, you know, with the weather and everything, I'm just wondering, you know, if it almost makes sense just to have it transport. I didn't get it down there, but you know, I'm just kind of trying to check our options.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I got a note here, and I get this note every time Sue's left this note.
Speaker 4: And I am not aware of JFR Cars.
Speaker 2: We have a dealer, a broker, and they're a dealer, but they they can source cars and stuff JFUR Cars. And every time I talk about this, I believe Sue says, Tom, JFR Cars does autos transport.
Speaker 4: SU's are you around? Can you get on a mic?
Speaker 2: Are you sure they actually do it or do they know of people who do it?
Speaker 4: I'm confused.
Speaker 2: I never knew of JFR Cars being an auto transport company.
Speaker 4: Tom, I could give you a little bit on that. Go ahead. Yeah, when I had that car.
Speaker 8: That I bought, they arranged transport from Kansas to Denver.
Speaker 2: And that was a very that was a highlight specialized car. Here's what I want to know. Did JF Cars arrange it like a broker?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 4: Did they actually move it?
Speaker 8: No, they did like a broker similar let's say the movers in Florida, but an honest people.
Speaker 4: So they found you people to do it correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you might want to call JFR Cars Okay, and just ask them who they use or they can arrange it and see what their prices are. Thanks sus. Yeah, now I know what Sue's meant. If you called JFR Cars, they can help, all right. Three h three seven one three A two five five more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance checkout free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Hi Tom, Martino here.
Speaker 2: Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Chopper, Deputy Chopper, he has Paul. I think he wants to give an update on a problem. Go ahead, Chopper, take it away. Tell me about the call. This happened last week.
Speaker 8: Paul brought his Chevy truck twenty twenty one with U engine light came on and for some reason the dealership thought it was a high pressure fuel pump and they charged some seven hundred and eighty bucks or something around that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this was a Silverado, right.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was, sir.
Speaker 8: They sent him on his way out the door and the engine light came back on. They brought it back on in they talked about it be possibly the rail and it was going to take a lot more repair. So we got the call. Mark was pretty hard on the dealership, rightfully, so and for Spradley went ahead and contacted Chevrolet, which said they would handle fifty percent of the total costs. And then I talked to the dealership and a couple of the people there. They're going to handle the other fifty percent. So the total cost of the repair is going to be taken care by the dealership and Chevrolet, which they're doing some work on it now. They should get it back tomorrow. Paul's going to tell me if everything's okay. But it looks like, uh, they came through on the deal, Chopper.
Speaker 6: I think the hyper fuel pump was over seven thousand?
Speaker 4: Was it over seven thousand?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's why I was here.
Speaker 6: I heard that phone call.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're right, I think, well let me let me let me go ahead, let me ask a question.
Speaker 2: He spent this money to begin with, So does he get that money back?
Speaker 4: That part I will get from him tomorrow.
Speaker 6: He never, He never picked it up. Man, he spent seven paid for him.
Speaker 5: Listen, he spent seven grand on the fuel pump, or was going to spend seven grand. Then they called him and said it wasn't the fuel pump, it's the fuel rail. So they wanted an additional couple grand or whatever it was.
Speaker 6: But he never needed to hear that.
Speaker 4: The deal. It says here though, that he did have a replace.
Speaker 6: He had it replaced, and he drove off with it and the engine light came on immediately again.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So here's what I need to know. Here's what I need to know in general when we take this thing, it's in its entirety. Is he net seven grand to the good?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 2: Is he is this dealer paying for In other words, he did come in with a problem.
Speaker 4: So does he have any money out of pocket? Right?
Speaker 8: And as I understand it, he's going to walk out of there not paying anything.
Speaker 4: Well, so that's weird. I mean, that's good.
Speaker 2: But so he goes in with a serious with a serious fuel problem, and even though they misdiagnosed.
Speaker 5: Its guys, he's not going to pay anything for the fuel pump.
Speaker 6: That's gonna be zero.
Speaker 5: My guess is he's got to pay for the fuel rail because that's what it needed in the first place.
Speaker 4: That's not how I got it.
Speaker 8: Because I got it the Chevrolet was going to pick up fifty percent and they were going to pick up fifty percent of everything.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's that's even better, Chopper.
Speaker 4: I know, I will know. I know. It's very it's very very odd.
Speaker 2: Not because they it's it's not nice, it's very nice. But normally, when you go in with a problem, you're going to pay something anyway. And for them to say, you know what, because of all of this, you're not going to pay a dime.
Speaker 8: I think they're like crazy that it's covered by warranty. Since Chevy's doing wall shit, they're going to pick up fifty percent. I'll know more tomorrow when it's released.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, get some of those details for us. I would like to just know for the heck of it. Thank you, though, I appreciate that, Uh chopper, Well, here's my dinger ding ding ding ding because my sound effects aren't working and I don't want to hear Mark make fun of my.
Speaker 4: Oh god, thank you?
Speaker 2: Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. All right, now I want to uh talk to let's see, oh Mark, Mark's next?
Speaker 4: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 4: Yes, hi Mark? What's going on? Hey?
Speaker 12: Tom?
Speaker 4: Hey talk? I've got.
Speaker 9: I have a relative that's trying to get some hair regrowth through different procedures.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she tried.
Speaker 9: She tried PRP a couple of times, very expensive and really didn't get too many results. But we've also read about you can get ubilical cord stem cell treatment along with p r P.
Speaker 4: Have you heard of that? Yeah, listen, I'm going to tell you something.
Speaker 2: Normally, any fluids that do not come from you that are shipped to a clinic are less effective and sometimes not effective at all. Now, okay, there is something called exosomes, which is a little different. It used to be you could not transform, you can't could not transport stem cells. So when I would evaluate a stem cell clinic, I would say, if they're giving you U bilical cord fluid, or if they're giving you a stem cells that are transported to the clinic, you're not getting living stem cells by the time they inject them, which is true.
Speaker 4: But there is.
Speaker 2: Something else called I believe they're called exosomes, and what it means is it's a part of the stem cell that is used. I God, I gotta, I gotta think of the name of it. And that's what Denver region.
Speaker 9: Hey, I think I've heard the word x X to me or.
Speaker 6: Working great Tom.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking. That's what I got. I got that along with PRP, my own PRP.
Speaker 4: And I want.
Speaker 2: To ask Joel to get Joel on good idea. Get Joel on and ask them because I'm telling you they have it down. Man.
Speaker 4: Whatever they did worked for me.
Speaker 2: But you know, I can't guarantee results for anyone else, but it worked for me.
Speaker 14: And so I saw where there's a clinic in Santa Monica, California, and we have a nurse in Virginia.
Speaker 9: There Colorado, we're in Colorado.
Speaker 6: Where why would you go to why.
Speaker 4: Would you go to California?
Speaker 6: Or or well where.
Speaker 4: Why go out of town?
Speaker 9: Well, because I haven't been able to find a place in Denver that does the combination of your own PRP with the imbocal cord stem cell mixture.
Speaker 4: Well, you you don't want the umbilical cord. You don't want umbilical cord, oh.
Speaker 2: Because you're not getting anything living.
Speaker 6: Uh huh uh.
Speaker 9: But the PRP didn't work, and that was they draw blood from her and they spun it.
Speaker 15: You know, whatever they do with it is.
Speaker 9: Uh yeah, And it costs total of a couple of treatments, you know, around four thousand dollars and no no results really to speak of. So that's why we're looking for that other, this other treatment, which you know, you can go to Mexico, you can go different places. But Santa Monica, California offered it. But by the time we fly there, you know, we're paying so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, now go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing Dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped you need so you don't have come run in ches as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 3: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: I'm here to help you solve problems, answer questions, taking plagues, to make.
Speaker 4: Your life a little easier. Let's get right to this.
Speaker 10: We have.
Speaker 2: An expert on I wants to talk about this at Denver Regien dot com, doctor Joel Trdak. I want to talk about hair restoration, and Joel, when I had the hair done my hair restoration, they used PRP part of my own blood, and then they use some stem cells. But they it wasn't really raw stem cells because stem cells don't work when you have them shipped to a clinic. Everyone knows that. But since all of that, they have come up with something by I don't know what it's called exosomes. Does that make sense? EVS?
Speaker 4: What are they.
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 12: So exosomes?
Speaker 11: What exosomes are are the byproduct of stem cells. So what these their They're pharmaceutical companies. What they do is they'll take stem cells and they'll grow them in a media. And the material that the stem cells produce, which is basically chemical signals that the stem cells use to signal other cells to do things. Those signals themselves, that packet of material is called an exosome.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 11: And so what we're able to use is use these exosomes, use them in hair restoration, and they signal the cells in your scalp, your hair follicle cells to rejuvenate, start to reproduce hair where they have become dormant. So it restores the blood flow. The PRP mixed with the exosomes restores the blood flow and thus restores the full canasody of the hair follicle to generate hair again, even if they have been dorming out more period of time.
Speaker 2: One thing I wanted to mention. So there are people who have heard of stem cell therapy. By the way, stem cell therapy where you give your own stem cells and they spin them down and put them back in you, along with PRP, is still viable therapy for pain and ligaments and joints and all of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, still viable. Now.
Speaker 2: When I used to tell people do not get umbilical cord blood and do not get stem cells that are shipped to a clinic, I still stand by that. There was testing years ago and basically some of the top stem cell clinics in the country realized that all of those fluids that are shipped to clinics do not have any living stem cells left when they get there, and there's no way to do it legally and ethically under FDA guidelines where you can concentrate them enough to ship them. So what I have always said was, if you're having stem cell therapy done, make sure they harvest the stem cells from your fat or bone marrow and then redirect them back to you. That's the only effective way to get stem cell therapy. However, when it comes to hair restoration, you do not, as a mark, do not think that when they mix PRP with umbilical cord blood. You're gonna get some special mixture. You're gonna waste your money. Okay. Now, however, when it comes to hair restoration, the xi zomes were great along with your PRP and you don't have to go out of town to get those. Does that all make sense to you, Mark?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: So the.
Speaker 9: So the treatment that I could get, oh oh, my friend could get in the Denver area would be still a mixture of my own PRP and then they have to take more somewhere else out of my fat or a bone marrow.
Speaker 4: That No, No.
Speaker 2: That's exactly that's I said. Exactly the opposite of that I said. If you went to a stem cell therapy clinic for pain, ligaments or joints, you would want them to harvest your stem cells and you would.
Speaker 4: Want them to use those.
Speaker 2: However, if you're doing hair replacement, you can get by with exisomes that is not that is not umbilical cord fluid or this other cheap crap that other clinics ship to their labs and claim they have living stem cells. Okay, exosomes do not claim to be living stem cells. Ex Zomes claim to be derived from living stem cells and they have the signaling that stem cells do.
Speaker 4: They work.
Speaker 2: Stem cells shipped remotely do not work. So if you wanted hair loss therapy, you could go and get your stem cells taken from you and put back in your head. That would stem cells would work along with PRP, if you could find a clinic locally to do that. But why go through that if you can get the byproduct called exosomes and you don't have to donate anything except a little blood for the PRP.
Speaker 9: Okay, So that exit zone is just a trademark product or something.
Speaker 4: No, it's not a trade, it's a process.
Speaker 11: The best way to the best way to think about it is it's a chemical that's released by stem cells, and so they're able to isolate and preserve that chemical without having to preserve a live stem cell. So you have all the byproducts which doesn't need to be kept alive. It just needs to be preserved so that it doesn't break down like any other drug.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: And that's what we use to treat the scalp to regrow hair. And it's three treatments over the course of three months. So you common you do the first one, a month later you do the second one. The third month, you do the third one and for most people that's more than enough to regrow their hair. And I would say, and you know, Tom is a good resource for this. Like I'd say, like about three week thing, you start to grow hair, and by about six weeks you'll have people telling you that they're noticing that you have more hair, and then it continues to grow their.
Speaker 9: Okay, so your clinic is somewhat different than the normal clinics. Like my friend went to spend a lot of money supposedly PERP where they took her blood out of sponge it put it back in. She got virtually nothing out of it. But your clinic with the X to me, whatever you call it, it is a superior way.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well hold on now, hold on, just PRP. Just PRP has.
Speaker 2: Been effective in some cases for hair restoration. What Joel and his clinic found is that adding they were doing stem cells too, real stem cells and PRP, then Joel, you guys found exi zomes work just as well. Because this guy in southern California was doing some research right.
Speaker 11: Well, he was actually performing procedures and getting great results. So we just basically followed his protocol and we're getting just as great results as well. So that's how we came to change our protocol from using them cells to using exosomes.
Speaker 9: Okay, yes, that sounds like a much better procedure and sounds like there's more results from that than what we've already went through.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the percentages are, so, Joel, I don't know what your percentages are for success.
Speaker 11: Well, we get really great results when we're doing it on appropriate patients. I mean, the key is to make sure that when we're treating a patient that we are going to get the best result. So, for example, if somebody has a big bald spot that's been sitting a bald spot for a long period of time, they're going to need a hair transplant and end this therapy. If it's somebody who's having excessively thinning hair, even if it's really really excessive, as long as there's some hair follicles in the area, then we can thicken all that up. But we do. We do our consultations on a patient by patient basis. So what you'll do is you'd be interacting with Ty, who is our patient coordinator. You'll send him by phone pictures of your scalp our team will look at that. If they need more pictures will tell you, but they'll look at that, and based on your individual scalp baldness pattern, we'll be able to come up with a treatment plan that we think is gonna work best for you. So it's really a case by case basis as to you know, we don't want to have failures, obviously, so we're only going to tell you that we think it's gonna work. If we think it's gonna work, and if it's a big bald area, this procedure is not going to be enough to get the job done. You'll need more than that. But if it's, like I said, just thinning, even if it's excessive thinning, we can restore that with just this procedure.
Speaker 4: I'm living proof of that.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mark, go to the website Denverregen dot com and you can get a hold of Joel or Tie no problem, bro Okay, thank you, Joel, appreciate it, yep, Denverregen dot com. Now we have an expert coming up. And I say an expert because we have very few attorneys that take on these kinds of cases when it comes to contractors, and we're going to talk to him right after this on the Troubleshooter Show three O three seven one three eight two five five and and speaking of experts, we also have a state planning experts like Dan McKenzie who can do a simple will, a trust, even creative LLCs to carry property through one's death and have members of the LLC agree to certain operating procedures. It's like I call it a poor man's trust, but it has its place. You know. Dan mackenzie is very creative. You can contact him at this place right here. This is his website. Co plans dot co or a three three co plans Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three seven to one to three talk seven one three eight two five five. Deputy D was so distressed. He was working on a case while we were all distressed by it. We were working on a case where a scumbag, an absolute scumbag, took money from a woman and was so blatantly bold about it.
Speaker 4: Dimitri, Yes, I want to summarize that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I'm summarize. Yeah. It's a case that Bo has been handling since before I even joined your show, and I've been helping him with it. Okay, as it got complicated and it needed a lot of follow up and we both just kind of tagged team the matter. But yeah, the basically, the short version of it is, there's an elderly lady in card Springs who bought a piece of land with the last of her money. She sold her home, used the last of her money to buy a little piece of land near the springs and bought a log cabin kit that needed to be assembled on site and made into a home, and she entered into a Her name is Carol, and the contractor's company, you may recall, was called Patriot Remodeling or Patriot Home. I don't remember, but the word Patriot was in there and the guy she signed to deal with is you know, the infamous Justin Garcia. So in researching, in researching this matter, I came across Hollington Law's website. It's a firm down there in Parker that appears to me.
Speaker 4: First, why don't you.
Speaker 2: First wait, wait wa, whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa?
Speaker 6: First explain what Garcia did?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So Garcia took, according to the to the to Carol, Garcia took her last sixty two or sixty three thousand dollars. And that was the extent of what he did. He didn't do any work, He didn't pull any permits, He doesn't seem to have had any plans to even start the work. So Carol called you and in hopes of trying to get the last of her money back because she's broke, she's elder now.
Speaker 16: Now, not only did she pay six not only did she pay sixty two thousand to this scumbag, but didn't she buy the kit from another trump twenty eight grand?
Speaker 6: Yeah you know, I don't remember how much she paid for the kid or the land, because that wasn't the.
Speaker 4: Twenty of them.
Speaker 6: Yeah twenty eight, yeah, twenty eight for the kid sounds about right.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 6: I do agree that that was all. You know, those are all very poor decisions. But the fact that this lady made very poor decisions doesn't give anybody the right to take the last of her money and keep it. I mean, who does this guy think he is?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: What did he say when we confronted him? He was He said it was all a matter of cont.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's smug, you know. He smugly said that this contract, which I read several times, supersedes the State Contractor Trust Act because in it he had Carol wave her right to the benefit of that Act. And by the way, that's not a waivable right anyway. And uh, but but look, here's what we're talking about. Yeah, here's what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Under the Contractor's Trust Act, when a contractor takes money, it literally has to be put in trust for that job and cannot be mixed, matched or spent outside of that job. He said, oh, no, no, no, my contract allowed me to do anything I wanted anyway, without us further, without any further Ado, how did you find Neil Hollington.
Speaker 6: Neil Hollington has been a wonderful resource for me, without him even knowing it. For about a year, I was helping a friend of mine get out of a This is totally unrelated to this call, but earlier the year, earlier last year, I was helping a friend of mine get out of a contract that she signed with a scumback contractor. And as I researched the issues, like the Trust Act and licensing requirements, I kept coming across Hollington Law website because mister Hollington has published a whole bunch of essays there in cases and that address a lot of the issues that people have with contractors. And so I kept referring to his website throughout the year, and I even cited some of those cases. But I called him uh to uh to discuss the matter of Carol and Justin Garcia and to see if it's the kind of case that that that that he would take on, and if he would be interested and and I and I think I'll let the rest. I don't know how much mister Collington can say about this matter. I know he did end up suing Justin Garcia. I do know that Justin Garcia finally got served, but that's about it. I haven't been hounding mister Hollington.
Speaker 2: First, let's find out let's talk about that case.
Speaker 4: First to the extent he can.
Speaker 2: Then let's talk about in general what he does and how he can help people.
Speaker 5: Well, I've got a skylight one I've got to ask him about as well.
Speaker 6: And yes, just precipitated my call to mister Hollington is because Mark is working a case about a weird residential skylight installation and we thought mister Hollington would like to weigh in on this.
Speaker 2: Okay, first and foremost, I want to go back to Justin Garcia. What's the latest on that one?
Speaker 6: I think that would be a question for mister Hollington, assuming he can That's that's what I mentioned. Ye, assuming he can talk about some of those issues without jeopardizing his case.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I just want to say that I'm it's a pleasure to speak with you guys.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I kind of want to be a little bit careful.
Speaker 10: We do have an active lawsuit, but pre suit couldn't really get anywhere. We sent a couple of different demands. We ended up filing a lawsuit. Mister Garcia did retain counsel. There is a mediation provision in the contract, so that's kind of the next step to see if hopefully we can get things worked out without having to spend too much more time and cost involved. But yeah, I mean, certainly we Sture makes good points with respect to the Mechanic Fleen lawsuit or excuse me, the Mechanicallean statute. That's certainly know. My position that in general that requirement for contractors to hold in trust funds that they receive for the benefit of subs and material suppliers cannot generally be waived. There's also some public policy exceptions at play to the contract. There's some pretty heavy handed language in terms of liquidated damages and things like that.
Speaker 2: So are you saying that this was written that he was it's pretty smart so to speak, when he was writing up this contract.
Speaker 10: Yeah, in some respects. I mean the you know, generally courts in my experience, are going to as an initial step, are going to look to the express language of the contract. I mean, there's always exceptions at play, right if there's a statue of play where you know, a term can't be waived, or if again there's a public policy exception. But generally kind of the first step of the analysis is to look at the terms of the contract.
Speaker 2: Aren't there things called For example, I can see on no planet, we're taking sixty two grand for nothing is acceptable.
Speaker 4: I don't care what the contract says.
Speaker 10: No, I agree, and yeah, I mean that kind of gets into the public policy exception, you know, one potential argument. So for most claims there are pattern jury instructions or a builder. One of the pattern ury instructions is that even if the homeowner is in breach, that the builder is really only entitled to the value of the work and materials furnace to date. So kind of you know, with the second liquid damages revisions, if they're very heavy handed, that can kind of come into play as a public policy exception to.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so what is he using to justify and I'm talking about publicly any responses he's made, What is he using publicly to justify his uh?
Speaker 4: Is keeping the money?
Speaker 2: Well, isn't it clearly against the Contractors Trust Act?
Speaker 10: Well, there is language in the Mechanical Lean Trust Fund Statute that speaks to written releases or posting a bond. The bond obviously in the play here, but some understanding, the language in there about a written release is kind of something that is kind of up for argument in this case, and then there's a factual dispute as you know, who's responsible under the contract terms for retaining an architect or another engineer in terms of some issues that came up with respect to the kit that was purchased.
Speaker 4: So does this go to court eventually?
Speaker 10: Well, as of right now, we have stayed the lawsuit ending mediation. Hopefully we're able to get everything worked out in mediation. You know, obviously everyone has disagreements over you know, the facts of the matter. We feel very strongly about helping this whole come out. Hopefully we can get it worked out. But you unfortunately, if you can't get it worked out in mediation, then a lawsuits the next.
Speaker 4: Step, so you have to try first mediation.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so, well, in this case there's another contractual term requiring presuit mediation, so that that was Invogeka. Again, generally courts are going to favor alternative dispute resolution measures, especially if they're incorporated in.
Speaker 2: And this is actually called it's actually called pre suit.
Speaker 10: Well, the provision just requires the contractual provision just requires that any disputes before you follow lawsuit have to be handled through mediation.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then after that, if you can't come to a decision, you're allowed to sue.
Speaker 6: Yes, so are you question about that contract? The fact that justin Garcia, if he truly did not even have a contractor's license in the jurisdiction and question, doesn't make the entire contract, including the mediation requirement void at the time the contract was even conceived.
Speaker 10: Potentially, Yeah, so that's always an argument. We raise one thing that we always look at. You know, the most municipalities have adopted the International Residential Building Code. That's pretty language in there's very broad in terms of requiring licensing and permiting for projects. It's a contract does require licenses permits that were not had. That is a basis to potentially avoid the contract. Unfortunately, it's not a very we don't have any case law on it directly on point from like the Supreme Court. It's more trap warts nurse mapela authority. But that's always an argument raise.
Speaker 2: I'll tell I'll tell you what. I gotta take this break. We'll come right back with more. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez or troubleshooter. All right, mister Hollington is with us, and I want to ask him something. Does the Contractors Trust Act have any teeth? The one that says you got to take the money and use the money for that project.
Speaker 4: Does it have any.
Speaker 10: Teeth generally speaking? Yet, it has a lot of teeth. So it's written more I will say it's written more towards the benefit of subcontractors, but there is a lot of teeth to it. It does provide for what's called treble damages, so three times the amount of the damages that were incurred with respect to the homeowner. There's some case laws that the homeowner is not entitled to the treble damages. They would have to hold it in trust for the benefit of the subcontractors. But generally speaking, yes, there is a lot of leverage a good bit of tease that statue. It also allows for the recovery of attorney sees as well.
Speaker 5: Hey Tom, I wanted to ask him about something on the sun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was going to go there next. I was going to go there next. You have a whole case you want to talk about. Go ahead, sir, Well.
Speaker 6: Mark, I mean me.
Speaker 4: Does something go wrong?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm up. I didn't know if you were going to be talking or not. We just had a delay there. So picture a skylight. Picture a contractor that comes out and replaces a skylight for a lady, and a year later and the place is actually called something skylight. I mean, that's what they specialize in, is skylights. So it's leaking around the flashing two years later and it's leaking pretty good, and they're saying, because you didn't buy the flashing, that's why it's leaking. So therefore we're not going to warranty it or to do anything for it. My contention is, how would she ever know to do that? She hired a skylight company to come out and replace the actual skylights, how would she know whether or not she needs flashing or anything else to do with it. I mean, what is your opinion on something like that. It's like if I had a roofer come out and tell me, oh, yeah, you need new shingles, but they decide not to do decking when I have holes in the decking under the shingles. So what's your opinion on that?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so a good question. I would tend to side with your interpretation, right, I mean, most people, most homeowners are not roofing professionals, right, they may not even know what flashing is. So you know, to me, it's you know, probably within the scope of what should have been and addressed by the contractor pre contract.
Speaker 6: It could be well.
Speaker 5: She actually let me interrupt you, because this is where it gets a little weird. She actually signed and acknowledged she wasn't going to buy the flashing package on the invoice, which to me, once again though, is crazy if she knew that would cause it so there would be a leaking issue. I still don't understand why they did it. I don't even know why it would be an option to buy the flashing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, it kind of defeats the purpose of the project in some ways, and flashing is pretty important to waterproof everything. I mean, it could create some legal issues though. I mean if she did sign a document clearly, you know, stating that she wasn't gonna yeah.
Speaker 6: She did, unfortunately she did.
Speaker 17: Hey, Mark, Yeah, we're still working on that case. And we actually had Brook from Red Rock Solar go out. So if she sent a guy out Friday and we're just waiting for that person to update some.
Speaker 5: Notes, all right, I'm dying to know how it ends up because I don't understand how a skylight plays can sell skylights but sell them and not actually include flashing and other things that you need to do when you install skylight. I find it crazy. And my understanding was they can't even do work in that county.
Speaker 10: Well that again, I mean that presents an interesting issue if stay you know, are not licensed. You know, I'm not sure of replacing the skylight off the top of my head, would require you know, to get a building permit. But yeah, I mean that's something that I always look at, is the contractor license to do the work and are they pulling permits right? Because if they do not do that one, it's the basis to avoid the contract with two, the consumer Protection Act. You know, we're talking about statutes that have a lot of teeth to them. That's another potential statute that comes into play because the Consumer Protection Act explicitly calls out as a deceptive trade practice the failure to have licensing in the failure to get permitting for projects. There they're difficult claims because there is a public impact element to it, so that kind of hinges on. You know, hey, is this kind of a pattern practice as this happened to other people. But if you can bring a good CCPA claim, you know again that has attorney sees treble damages and there is you know, a good bit of teeth to that statute as well.
Speaker 4: All Right, we need to take this break. We'll be right back with more.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three three seven one three talks seven one three two five five.
Speaker 4: I want to quickly go to Anthony. Anthony, what is your issue?
Speaker 2: And I want to see if mister Hollington can hang over because I'm getting a lot of texts for him. It would really help us. This issue does not go away, It gets bigger and bigger. Anthony, what is your issue?
Speaker 18: Yes, sir, hey.
Speaker 4: Man, what's happening? Tell me about Cornerstone.
Speaker 18: Well, it's good to talk to you, sir. Thanks for thank you being on the air. Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 14: He's my roof done.
Speaker 18: I live in a town home. It's an older one built in the eighties. And my neighbor had her son, she's an older retired lady. She said, Hey, my son said that we got hail damage from that last storm. This was back in July of last year, and I didn't really want to hear that, of course, but I thought, oh no, well I got checked out. Long story short, Cornerstone was the company that we chose to go with because they've nothing but five star ratings. And it's kind of strange when you know these companies have nothing.
Speaker 2: But go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two ript News Need Advisel You don't have run anxiousness as can shoot is gonna help come.
Speaker 6: It's the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martine, Hi Tom Martino, You're a troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five listen. I want to recap some things we've been talking about. By the way, this hour brought to you by Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com. Genesis does everything on the outside of the house and kitchens, baths and basements Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com. Okay, just hang on, Bo and I'll come to you during the break. Anyway, Bo's on the phone because I want to fill in some I want to fill in some blanks here, Neil Hollington, if you could on that woman. People have a lot of questions about her, and I know there's certain things that are public record.
Speaker 4: You can certainly talk about the facts of the case.
Speaker 2: She contracted in twenty twenty three with Patriot to build a log cabin kit, a log cabin she had purchased from a record show. She paid the entire contract in full sixty two thousand dollars. Now, what I'd like to know, if it's okay to talk about, how did things go south?
Speaker 10: Well, my understanding is that there's a dispute over the log home kit and whether or not under the terms of the contract this Hulcombe was required to basically have for any issues that came up with the kit if she was the one that was required to have an architect or engineer basically rework that kit as needed. So that my understanding is that sort of the center.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you know the issue do you know what the issues were.
Speaker 4: That came up with the kit?
Speaker 10: There was an issue with some of the material that came with the kit and whether it was suitable for you know, basically kind of high altitude construction.
Speaker 4: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Do you know if Carol I believe something had to do with snowload and other things. But do you know if Carol brought this up or did did justin Garcia bring it up?
Speaker 10: My understanding is that it was brought up after the kid was delivered.
Speaker 4: Okay, but.
Speaker 10: That's okay on the base that says the dispute and where the I guess the contractual dispute is is, Hey, who who's responsible for you know, the issues with respect.
Speaker 6: To the kid?
Speaker 2: And when he found problems with the kid, he said, look, I can't do it the way it is.
Speaker 10: That's my understanding.
Speaker 4: And at that time did she just want to cancel?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure specifically on the timing, but you know, there there was a while that the kid was basically just sitting there. They weren't you know, getting anywhere. And then ultimately Missholton has requested the refund, so she didn't pay the entire contract amount. It was an initial deposit of about sixty two thousand dollars, so she requested to basically rescind the contracts and get the deposit that was made since permits happened.
Speaker 2: So sixty two sixty two grand. Sixty two grand was the deposit. Correct, It wasn't the whole price. It wasn't paid in full. No, do you know what the contract what the balance would have been, would have been one hundred.
Speaker 10: And twenty five thousand was the.
Speaker 2: So she basically paid. She basically paid fifty percent. Okay, got it all right? So anyway, that's where it broke down. And then he was claiming some ridiculous penalties per day.
Speaker 10: Right, I'm not aware of penalties per day. You know their mind.
Speaker 2: You know, we should actually have I don't know why, Deputy Bow. You know he's calling me, Why doesn't he just call the show. Let's just have him call the show and be on as well. I mean, here's the deal, Neil. We appreciate you very much helping her out. This woman had nowhere to turn. But I think what we need to do is it's just you know, this guy justin Garcia will not come on the show, but he feels he is one hundred percent justified in every dime he's keeping. And I think, even though I don't agree with him, I think I need to bring out as much as possible on what he was thinking if I can, even though he doesn't want to be on I don't have to, you know, side with him, but I should bring out what his belief is. And his belief is that he was delayed and he wants to be paid and he has some penalty clauses.
Speaker 4: Would that be it in a nutshell?
Speaker 10: I would think that. Yeah, I think that's a fair characterization.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 10: Again, there's some provisions in the contract. There's obviously a dispute between the parties, as say, hey, who's in breach, who's responsible to deal with the issues with the exactly?
Speaker 2: But even if she didn't deal with him, even if she just wanted to back out and it was too much hassle for her at the time, I mean, there's a limit to the losses here. I mean, you can't just keep racking up losses saying I'm not going to do any more work. I blocked this out for you, and I'm going to charge you so much a day, you know, I mean, I mean again, I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, but you know you have to mitigate your losses as a contractor there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that That's exactly how I was going to respond, is you know, you're correct, there is you know, a duty that the parties have to mitigate their damages there. You know, again they're kind of pointing to the language and the contract to say, hey, you know you're liquidated. Dat's provision.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 10: Our response is again, is one of public policy that you know haven't been pulled, you know, if you haven't performed fifty percent and penalty.
Speaker 4: What Misston is talking about when he.
Speaker 2: Talks about you know public uh you know, public service or what was the term you use, uh policy?
Speaker 4: Public policy in general?
Speaker 2: What the means, and it happens in bankruptcy in all kinds that even though even though there may not be a specific law written for it or a specific breach that can be noted, or even if something did happen, the overall public policy meaning if the public in general did not react this way, it could be bad for society. I mean, that's truly where it came from. It came from the philosophy that everything has to be for public interest.
Speaker 4: Even if it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Appear to be exactly the way the contract is written, it's a spirit of all law that says, hey, this is against public policy.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you an example.
Speaker 2: In bankruptcy, some people decide to keep paying on their house. They never miss a payment, and even though personal liability is removed from the loan, now the deed of trust is still on the house. But the person if they ever defaulted and walked away and the home was underwater or behind, you know, and and there was a deficiency, they couldn't go after the borrower personally. But even though that personal obligation is removed, that person is still living in the home and making payments, and for a bank, even though the bank would have a legal right to foreclose on that house during a bankruptcy, it would be against public policy to do so. It would do no good. And so for years and years and years and years and years, people have been declaring bankruptcies, continuing to make their monthly payment on their house, and banks have not foreclosed. That's so the reason I bring up public policy is he's made several mentions of it, and we really need to talk about it because it is an area of law public policy. There's also an area of law that people don't talk about a lot unconscionability that even if something is written and people agree to things, Neil, I don't know how you'd say it, but a reasonable man would look at it and say, what, this is the most.
Speaker 7: Crazy thing I have ever heard of.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's so unconscionable that it can't be enforced. Is that a good way of putting it? Or would you put it in another way?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That's fair, and just kind of along the same line of thought. You know, with respect to contract law, the main sort of purpose in the event there is a breed right is to sort of put the party, you know, the non breaching party in the situation or position they would have been, you know, had they're not been a breach right. So with respect to liminated exactly visions the course you're going to say, is it punitive or is it a you know, a fair right?
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, mister Hollington. And that's a good way of putting it.
Speaker 6: The I'm reading the contract that Carol signed with Justin Garcia's company, and here's what it says about about this is the unconscionable part contractor maintains the right to build for time and equipment at five hundred dollars per hour if the stated project is delayed for any reason outside of force majeure. And when I had a conversation with mister Garcia on the phone, he told me that he's relying on this five hundred dollars per hour to keep her money, all sixty two thousand bucks, even though in my opinion, that's insane. That's what it says right there in black and white. It's beyond insane. It's I don't know what the word is.
Speaker 2: So it says I want you to actually text me that clause.
Speaker 4: I can because I'm writing brigade. Yeah, anyway, let's move on. What's that?
Speaker 5: Well, I would like Niel's interpretation of a clause like that. What would stop them from doing ten thousand dollars an hour or five hundred bucks a minute? It seems so arbitrary.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, in some respect it is right, because you know, without you know, a court isn't going to have any sort of oversight unless there's a law student of disagreement over the scope, right, and then it's just a matter of the judge. The kind of weigh in, you know, is five hundred dollars an hour, is ten thousand, whatever the number is, right? Is that punitive? Is it a you know, a good face measure of what the reasonable damages.
Speaker 2: And costs are?
Speaker 10: Or is it meant to, you know, kind of penalize the other party. So I mean, unfortunately with respect to contracts, and you know, really the kind of you know, law in general, there's a lot of shades of gray and not black and white.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I.
Speaker 10: Would argue, you know, five hundred dollars an hour it seems to me to not be a fairly accurate or fairy.
Speaker 6: Especially since he has I want to build to Bill four. I can see if he put in thre hundred hours on it, but he's got he's noa Dmitri.
Speaker 4: Send me that clause. That's interesting, Send me that clause.
Speaker 2: I haven't forgotten about cornerstone roofing and bo I realize you have things to say. I'm going to bring you up to Let's take this quick break three or three seven one three talks seven or three two five five one clear garage yours remember this. They are the company to call for any garage or problem, whether it's in the opener, or it's in the door itself or any part of the opener, or brand new, brand new doors, brand new openers. I love these people. I've used them on every house I've ever had one. Clear choice Doors dot Com. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer, Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 2: Man turns out to be a very very informative show. So I want to go so uh back to this the roofing. I don't want him to run out of time. Cornerstone Roofing and then bo hang on will come back to you and Neil and but Anthony. So so basically you hired Cornerstone Roofing to replace the roof on your town home.
Speaker 18: What happened, well, they they finally were able to start the job, and it was a time in July where it was just raining really heavy every day and I came home from work and I found water all inside the house. Took pictures, sent it to the project manager. He apologized, said they'd make it right.
Speaker 4: And it just well, so your so had your homeowner's insurance.
Speaker 18: So what happened then, well, he said that they would make it right, and in communication with him, he said, there was I guess someone above him that had to be the one to make any decisions, and they just were never available. They were never there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So here's what I want to know, Anthony, Anthony, bro Anthony, where does the sand right now?
Speaker 4: Today? Right now today?
Speaker 2: Had they ever done anything for that intern First of all, did they finish your roof?
Speaker 18: They did, and it took them three days for the two sides, and the roofs and the gutters do look good.
Speaker 4: But good.
Speaker 2: Now the next thing, next thing, did they ever do anything with the interior damage?
Speaker 18: No? They the project manager had a couple of drywall and painter people come by and take a look. And I thought this is a little more than yourrywall.
Speaker 2: So what's the residual damage you have right now?
Speaker 18: Well, they contacted a restoration company, couple of them. They've wanted they wanted to Hey.
Speaker 2: Bro, Anthony, Anthony, you have to understand something. I get you, man, I know you want to tell me the story, but I'm not asking process, I'm asking results.
Speaker 4: What inside damage do you have?
Speaker 18: H Well, I I've got big holes in the ceiling where they patched it because they had remove all insulation. I'm missing half of my kitchen, missing the two feet up from the floor on the dry wall and the insulation on the outer walls. And I'm missing half of my well, most of my floor in the.
Speaker 2: Holy crap ye yes, sir, Wow, how much will it cost to fix all of that?
Speaker 18: Well, the roof was only about eight thousand, but the restoration is I think we're up over twenty five thousand right now.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, so you already this is bad news? Oh god, you already engaged a company to do your restoration.
Speaker 18: Well it was through the Cornerstone's insurance. It had been approved.
Speaker 7: Oh oh oh, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 2: So wait a minute, Cornerstone Cornerstone's insurance.
Speaker 4: They did put an acclaim with their insurance.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I put an acclaim with their insurance, yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: Did, Okay.
Speaker 2: And and their insurance has been paying for part for some restoration.
Speaker 18: No, they only wanted to pay one check for everything. But the adjuster through Cornerstone, well whoever they contracted but had approved the work, and I was out of town. And then they changed adjusters the Cornerstone's insurance, and then they stopped the work on the house. And it's been that way.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: How much do you think they have done in percentage? Twenty five percent of the work? Fifty percent, one hundred percent?
Speaker 18: What talking about the restoration company?
Speaker 4: Yeah you put no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How much? Yeah? How much did they do so far?
Speaker 18: I'd say probably less than half because they did all tear out, but there's still additional work.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Anthony, Anthony, Anthony, I have really this is like the lightning round in Jeopardy.
Speaker 4: I don't need a lot of story.
Speaker 2: What I want to know is does the insurance company or does Cornerstone acknowledge they still owe you repairs?
Speaker 18: They won't even respond to email or call or anything.
Speaker 4: They just it's so.
Speaker 2: You're being totally ghosted by You're being ghosted by these people.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the corner the Cornerstone and their insurance company. Right, yes, sir.
Speaker 2: Why do you think what happened that all of a sudden? Why were they helping it first and not now?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 18: Well? They what I was told through the manager for the restoration company is that yeah, home inspector had only approved like thirteen hundred dollars and repairs, and it's like, how can you approve only thirteen hundred dollars?
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? So you're thinking, here's what you're thinking. It was way more than they thought, so they didn't want So basically, you're being ghosted. How long have you been ghosted? One hundred percent? Right now where they haven't contacted you at.
Speaker 18: All, let's see, probably September, I guess September.
Speaker 2: Oh man, no, no, no, listen, Anthony, we got to jump on this. But I want to ask another obvious question.
Speaker 4: I have to take a break. Did you ever.
Speaker 2: Put an acclaim with your insurance because this would be a no fault, this is they would do it and go after the other company. Did you ever ever contact your insurance.
Speaker 18: Yes, and I told them what was going on, and they actually reached out to Cornerstone and they got ghost to do. And Matt Stanford had said that going claiming my insurance on it would be an option. I'm like, well, I don't want to do that, but you know he's the expert.
Speaker 4: So did you do it?
Speaker 18: No? No, I'm still in communication with Matt.
Speaker 6: We're kind of he was okay, and calling Matt.
Speaker 2: Calling Matt at Paragon was a very wise decision.
Speaker 4: Hold on on, we got more coming up.
Speaker 2: Don't hang up. I'm gonna go back and forth. I'll go back to you, but I need to take bow after this. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three A two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 7: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand Thereal estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your trouble trouble shooter three oh three seven one three talk seven to three eight two five five.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 2: A lot of people have been texting asking, Hey, this Neil Hollington sounds like a great guy. If I want to go after a contract or, I feel I've been taken advantage of. How do I get in touch with him? Well, I'm gonna give you his number. It's Hollington Law Firm, Neil. I don't know your website. What's your website?
Speaker 10: Tom, It's just Hollington Lawfirm dot com.
Speaker 2: Great, and that's h O L L I NNG hollingonon ton just like it sounds. Hollington Lawfirm dot com three all three two seven six.
Speaker 4: Twenty six forty seven.
Speaker 6: Hey does he do free initial consultations?
Speaker 10: We do, yes, Neil?
Speaker 4: What kind of cases?
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna warn you we can be a real bug and get you on the show a lot and get you a lot of clients. And I say that not you know, meaning a lot of people say, oh no, Tom, I don't do that. I don't do that. In other words, I don't want to bring you just a bunch of people that have problems.
Speaker 4: What do you look for? What kind of clients, what kind of cases?
Speaker 10: Well, primarily, I guess the cases that we hand, we're kind of into two buckets. One, we do a lot of construction defect litigation, whether it's new construction or kind of large remodeling projects that kind of gone around. And then beyond that, we do handle a lot of first party property insurance claims as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool now, Deputy Bow and Anthony, we're not done with you. But Deputy Bow, what you left out here? You've been listening? Chime in here on.
Speaker 15: The Carol called in on number twenty third. Yeah, this piece of crap took sixty two thousand dollars from Carol. He didn't do a damn thing over there. She bought a cabin kit, she paid twenty eight thousand dollars for it, it was delivered and justin Garcia's only reason for not getting started on the work is because she didn't have the right plans from the cabin company. She ordered the right plans to build it within a week and part of the sixty two thousand dollars. He was supposed to at least cover the cabin kit during all of this. He hasn't even covered up the cabin kit. He hasn't done anything for her. He took her life savings. She's living at someone's house, her cousin's house, waiting for his project. Begune. This guy stole her life savings, and I think that police should get involved for elderly steps. He's eighty years old, he's destitute, Justin Garcia, took all of her money and didn't do a damn thing. I'm just upset about it.
Speaker 4: I don't blame you, bro, I love your passion.
Speaker 15: And the picture. There's a picture of him on Patriot Remodeling LLC.
Speaker 4: I got him, yeahd Dimitri got that for me.
Speaker 15: Yeah. He's even called into the show. He thinks he's justified because he has this bass five hundred dollars an hour clause. Well, dude, he hasn't even went out there to cover that the cabin kit. He just stole her money, and I think the call we should call his number. I mean, I don't know what this. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: No, No, I know what you're saying, bro, I know what you're saying, and we will go to war with him. That we call that going to war. And again that's something an attorney would never do or sanction. It's where we tell people. Here's what we do, Neil. We tell people, Look, contractors always want reviews. They beg for reviews, they beg for leads, they beg for feedback.
Speaker 4: So give him feedback. We give out his.
Speaker 2: Number and say, look, let him know you heard about him. I think when people know that, it helps. Again, I'm not asking, you know, Neil or attorneys don't.
Speaker 4: Normally do stuff like that. So anyway, here's the bottom line.
Speaker 2: At least she's being helped right bo And we didn't have anyone.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and we got this lawyer. Neil's doing this work for no charge for pro bono, which I think is great. I'm glad to meet you found this lawyer to help her out. I want to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't want to make this clear.
Speaker 4: You know, he doesn't work for free. And again, you know, everybody makes their own deal.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not trying to hawk him as being somebody who's going to take care of everybody. I want to be fair here, but I like my Mom would say he's doing God's work. I mean, when you help people who have been ripped off, I just can't believe how many people there are, how many we get on a yearly basis that put money down and got nothing in return.
Speaker 4: And Bo is very upset. And Bo, did he.
Speaker 2: Give you the nonsense about the five hundred dollars an hour that ate up the money?
Speaker 15: He was brazen. He called into the show and bragged about this five hundred dollars an hour clause for when the work wasn't started. These the one is supposed to get the work started. It was only the lay two weeks to get the correct plans. He didn't even freaking go out there and cover the project.
Speaker 6: You know what this is?
Speaker 4: This is some inside information.
Speaker 2: This is some inside information, and I'm not sure Neil wants to even.
Speaker 4: Talk about it.
Speaker 2: But whenever we're up against the scumbag or somebody sues me, we always look at the opposing council. You know, who would take this. I mean not that I think there's anything wrong with them. What I mean by that is everyone deserves counsel. You know, I'm not judging the counsel for the client. They took but I am sizing them up as to what kind of adversary.
Speaker 4: They would be. And one thing.
Speaker 2: Some of us do in these cases, and I will say, you look at their bar number and and that tells you basically how long they've been around.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's like a little weird thing.
Speaker 2: You look at their you look at their record, you look at what they've done. And Neil, you know, like I said, I don't want to get personal on the air or anything, but I'm sure you sized up.
Speaker 4: You know who would take this case? Who did he get? What they get?
Speaker 2: You can always tell when somebody gets a family friend or somebody who does primarily other law and then they get someone here or in other words, you can.
Speaker 4: Tell a lot by how they're shoring up for war.
Speaker 2: Neil, did you do some due diligence on that you rather keep it to yourself or what?
Speaker 15: Uh? You know?
Speaker 10: I want to kind of be somewhat mom. I mean, I will say that you know, the the attorney on the other side, they've been around for a while. I'm not sure, okay for what cases technically specialize in, but I mean I will say that you know, from the discussions that we've had, I feel like they are reasonable, which is always kind of a breath good here.
Speaker 2: Actually, you you really want good attorneys on the other side, right, Neil, I mean truly, because there's nothing worse than an attorney that is filled with bravado and other stuff but not knowledge of the law.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, it's sort of my perspective two cents on everything is you know, you you don't need to pick a fight necessarily over everything, right, Like, you have your standings that you take, but I mean, if you argue about absolutely everything, you don't get anywhere. So it's always nice when you do have attorneys on the other side that you know, they're skilled, they know their arguments, but at the same time they're willing to kind of work with you in the hopes that we can get a resolution to the case. Right.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of yeah good And I'm gonna I'll let you go, Neil, and I Neil, I'm going to let you go.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being here.
Speaker 2: Hollington Law Firm three Ozho three two seven six twenty six forty seven more coming right up.