Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome back.
Speaker 2: My name's Ben and I'm Nicole and you're listening to Wicked and Graham True gram podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good morning the following podcast. It contains grabbing content and material intended for a mature audience. Listener discretion is ad.
Speaker 2: We just lost ten viewers probably listeners. Listeners.
Speaker 1: Listeners. Yeah, sorry, they don't.
Speaker 2: Like when we sing, but you know what, we're here to be our own people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are be your own peoples, do your own thing.
Speaker 2: I think that's that. Okay, that is literally I wasn't. This is sorry. I'm going on a tangent already and we're like thirty seconds in. But that's what people say when they like get old and on their deathbed. Oh Ripley is a squeak toy that when people get old and on their deathbed that they wished that they wouldn't have worried so much what people had to say and just did their own shit, right.
Speaker 1: I never worry about people worrying our opinion. Fuck people, people suck, I.
Speaker 2: Know, but people should just do what they want to do in life.
Speaker 1: They should, But then you end up with people like fucking Robert Hanson in the world and that dude is a fucking douche canoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think as long as it's like socially acceptable, well yeah, what is socially acceptable? As long as it's not hurting what could you say, hurting other individuals?
Speaker 1: Yeah, per se. But even still, even if it's not hurting other people, because there's people who just like exist and I just wish they didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, it's like you, but don't be this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be yourself, but don't be fucking annoying. Don't be one of those people who people wish you weren't a people. Yeah kind of people.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, people like this dude. Okay, well you made us wait long enough, my love.
Speaker 1: I am going to make you wait a slight bit more before we continue onto Robert Hanson because we've got to drop the merch notification. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this like rocks my world.
Speaker 1: So as of right now, we are recording on Saturday, December fourth, and we are uploading today as well later on this evening Saturday, December fourth, But we only have another couple of days for our merch before it's going to be launched for the public. And as of right now, we have an exclusive Patreon only.
Speaker 2: Design only available to Patreons.
Speaker 1: Right now, only available for Patreon before we do the public launch, we are taking that design down for it to never be available again. So the only time you can ever get this specific design is through Patreon. And then I think we might get like a sticker or too and do giveaways.
Speaker 2: I think that we should do a little giveaway with some Jackal merch, but the odds of winning that are slim to none. It's slim.
Speaker 1: So if you want to ensure that you get it, go over to sign up for Patreon and get that access before it's gone for ever's And then we launched the rest of the merch to public.
Speaker 2: Because there's Jacko socks. I knew this, but then I rediscovered it.
Speaker 1: Redisa excited.
Speaker 2: I'm getting Jacko socks.
Speaker 1: That's totally I'm gonna wear.
Speaker 2: Them to bed like real sexy do it like basically the sexiest you can be wear.
Speaker 1: Those socks when we okay, so Jacko can.
Speaker 2: Be Oh my god, that's too far, too far?
Speaker 1: Why you don't want Jacko to join us in the bedroom? No? Okay, fine, all right, well that aside, you ready to move on? To part two of this fucking douchebag known as Robert Hanson.
Speaker 2: I am totally ready.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're ready? I don't know your seatbelt is buckled. You got a drink in your hand?
Speaker 2: I got tea, calming tea.
Speaker 1: Calming tea. We're good, fair enough that that will help, That will definitely help. While my microphone likes sprung back or something. Look at us.
Speaker 2: We are a shit show.
Speaker 1: We are, but it's also wicked and grim. That's to be expected.
Speaker 2: That's literally us.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's kind of give a recap on where we left off. So Robert Hansen began what he would later refer to as his serial rapist start official start of becoming a serial rapist. It was in nineteen seventy three when he began frequently picking up sex workers in his car to take them away. So that's right where we left off.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, and he's married and has a family, which is disgusting.
Speaker 1: And his wife somehow just didn't know this was all going on. We're not going to drag her down for that. It is what it is. But if you need to know more, I can't sum up the first episode in all of it Robert Hanson's the douchebag. He's a serial rapist, as we just said, and he's going to move on to not only raping, button murdering here in part two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, it.
Speaker 1: Gets worse exactly. So if you haven't listened to part one, go listen to it, because we're going to go on and continue the rest from here. Here we go, ladies and gentlemen and days in them. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So reports are coming in from the police all about women beginning to go missing and others being raped. But it like it's seriously unfortunate. But police weren't taking many of the reports.
Speaker 2: Very seriously, which I don't love.
Speaker 1: Right as it was all sex workers basically, that's why. And we're all familiar with the troubles sex workers go through with law enforcement not being taken seriously. And like I said, we covered it a fair bit in the last episode, so we're not going to dive into it here too much. Yeah, but to sum it up, the lifestyle leaves them with less than being less than credible when it comes to law enforcement. So Robert began frequently stalking the red light district again, but this time in a different way. As previously, he would sit in his car, mostly on the side, not going to the clubs too much, but he did just observing, observing from a distance, watching creeper. Things began to change a little bit. He was still a creeper, don't get me fucking wrong there. This guy fucked this guy, but he began to actually enter the dance clubs and bars on a much more frequent basis, searching for his victims.
Speaker 2: So it's almost like he got more brave, hey, more confidence, Yeah, which is weird. I mean, I mean, I guess you can only you're going to progress, right, Well, he.
Speaker 1: Started out with like such a history of being bullied in everything, right as a team. So as he was now maybe talking to women, having the power over women, raping these women.
Speaker 2: Taking away more confidence, getting confidence in himself. I hate that.
Speaker 1: It's a fucking disgusting way to get confidence.
Speaker 2: It is so disgusting confidence, right.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure it did feed that confidence. So now he's beginning to feel like he is more powerful, Like he can walk in, he can go up to the girls sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Keep it like this community that they're living and is.
Speaker 1: Not large, right, you know, I never really did look up the population of Anchorage, and it's different for because it's like in the nineteen seventies as well, that's.
Speaker 2: True, but I just because I find that so mind blowing that like he has his family and the separate life and then like a good let or I don't know, normal life I guess you'd call it, and then this like dark life and that he can get away with it not crossing over whatsoever. That really odd.
Speaker 1: Well, Anchorage population today, as last taken in twenty nineteen, sorry, was two hundred ninety three thousand, So.
Speaker 2: It really in Alaska? Yeah, holy shit, Okay, I thought, okay, yeah, maybe this is stereotype. I didn't realize there was big cities in Alaska, Like I had absolutely no idea.
Speaker 1: Well, now you know, cool, I want.
Speaker 2: To go there even more.
Speaker 1: And the population in Anchorage, Alaska in the nineteen seventies was about fifty thousand, Okay, so it's gone up a lot since then.
Speaker 2: It has gone up a lot. And there still could be people though that he would know at in this these this red district or red light district. Yeah, that knows him from like his baking and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyone outside that, like his baking or his fellow church goers and stuff, most likely aren't going to be in that Red Lake district. But even if they do see him or whatever, they think of him as a good guy, that he's just an outstanding citizen. He's the baker, he goes to church. You know, they all got his back, even his hunter buddy. He's like, no, he's a good guy.
Speaker 2: So interesting.
Speaker 1: Now, when he actually did go up and he did approach women, or when he sat back and they approached him, his demeanor and stature often played in his favor with these extracurricular activities. That is what I'm going to say. Now. Remember, Robert wasn't necessarily a big, brooding man. Though he had improved his cutter large amount since his youth, it still did follow him into his adulthood. He wasn't a very large man, and he wore thick framed glasses. Of course, to top it all off, there were scars from sphere acne as a child.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: All in all, he just wasn't an imposing person, and it left many of the women who he talked to to feel very comfortable in his presence now, not necessarily in like a comforting way, not like comfortable as in he's comforting, but simply not feeling that there's any reason to fear him, right.
Speaker 2: You know, which is interesting because sometimes people like that you do actually need to fear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure that. Robert also did continue to steal, and it wasn't like anything that he went out of his way to do sort of thing. It was all mostly like just petty theft too. It was more for the thrill of it sort of thing. He didn't plan to steal. He just did it when he wanted to. In general, he considered it an easy, too easy to get away with, so it wasn't much of a challenge. But when he did do it, it was a spur of the moment. It was for the rush. In nineteen seventy six, though, he was caught for stealing a chainsaw from a local store that he wanted to give his father for Christmas. He didn't even try to purchase it though, He just apparently pulled out an old receipt from his pocket, put it on top of the box, and began walking out of the store like he paid for it. Wow, Like the fucking balls on that dude for that.
Speaker 2: That's ballsy.
Speaker 1: But little did he know someone seen him do it, So.
Speaker 2: That's so interesting. This I just can't get over, like the two sides of this person's It blows my mind.
Speaker 1: To find the two sides like that.
Speaker 2: He's just like this community outstanding person, a family, like, has a family, married and stuff, and then like goes to the Red District steals like rapes. It just I don't know, I just can't imagine someone living like two different light like lives like that.
Speaker 1: That's your typical psychopath though abilities and it's just so far from anything that I would ever be able to do that.
Speaker 2: It just blows my mind. It blows my mind.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough, Now where was I here? I totally lost my place? Okay, right, So Robert pleaded guilty to larcensey, larcency, larceny. There we go. After he was caught stealing the chainsaw from a fred Meyer, which is a department store that was an anchorage.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He was sentenced to five years in prison for it, required to receive psychiatric treatment for his bipolar disorder. However, it's a long time. He appealed the sentence and the Alaska Stream Supreme Court reduced that sentence and he was released with time served, So basically the time that he was held up in the whole court system, most likely that's all he served, and once he was let out again, just continued to stalk the red light district. Right, that's a very big theme. As soon as he gets caught and put away, he's let go and just goes right back to it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because that need is really a burning while he's in it's burning.
Speaker 1: It's a burning, burns, burns, burns, a burning ring a fire. Okay, my terrible, terrible singing is going to just lose us fucking listeners left, bet and center. Oh well, it's all good, be yourself right, yourself unless you Yeah, So at this point he needed we need to backtrack a little bit. Okay, that's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Sound good now.
Speaker 1: Robert loves hunting. We already covered that in the last episode. But if if he didn't listen or you don't remember, absolutely loves hunting, really good at it. He frequently spent his other other free time in the forest hunting, and he was out there with his hunting buddies' lots too. He did this on a regular basis, and he even got so he would like flying with his friends, going out to remote locations and hunting in these remote locations sort of thing.
Speaker 2: So that would be pretty fun actually probably, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for that purpose in one of these remote locations, Robert eventually purchased himself a cabin and a nice remote area accessible by only boat or plane.
Speaker 2: Fun.
Speaker 1: It was the perfect oays is, to get away and find wild game untouched by human interaction. One little problem, though, how would he get to this cabin if he couldn't drive there. He can't just keep renting planes or borrowing planes from friends or anything, right, Well, ended up purchasing a small two person plane called a Piper super Cup, which he used to travel to and from his cabin in the Kinnick River area in the Manusuit. I practiced how to say this. I practice. I swear matanuska, matanuska. There we go. I practiced so much it was just like, now that I hit the word, I couldn't say.
Speaker 2: This guy loaded no, actually, because who the hell can just buy a cabin in the woods and then buy a plane and.
Speaker 1: Shit, well, here's the deal. He was actually able to purchase the plane. Due to insurance fraud, he filed a claim that his house was broken into and someone had stole much of his hunting equipment, including guns, rifles, and his prized hunting trophies that were one of a kind, things like antlers and mounts and stuff, which mounts can be fucking expensive. You don't know that, Well, it's the contents of your home house insurance right from this claim, he ended up getting ten thousand dollars and he used it to purchase said plane.
Speaker 2: Huh wow, Yeah, I dislike him even more.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll dislike him when you realize that that plane was a plane he would eventually begin to use to bring his victims to a remote cabin deep in the forest of Alaska.
Speaker 2: No, yesh, did his wife ever go to this cabin?
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's very little out there on his wife.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know, I'll stop talking about her. I just think this is just disgusting.
Speaker 1: Well, and I do know a very frequent question that people have is like, how can she not know this is going on? And I'm sure she has been berated with that throughout her life.
Speaker 2: Since Yeah, but I mean, it's easy to turn a blind eye to a loved one.
Speaker 1: It is right, and especially we did cover it in the other one. She was the type of person where her religion and everything was like, don't question your husband, it just you are there to support him sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if you had a sweet cabin in the woods, I would probably be there more than you escape in my regul.
Speaker 1: You would go there. Yeah, I think it's a little too far out even for you, though, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sometimes just like escaping to like just this world that is just your own kind of seems intriguing.
Speaker 1: Isn't that what you have right now in a tiny home?
Speaker 2: No, well, because we still have people around us and shit, I.
Speaker 1: Guess okay, fair enough. Some of the women he began to eventually take to his cabin would be lucky enough to be flown back to Anchorage actually, and they would survive.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he would let them go on the basis that he believed they wouldn't tell anyone. Mostly though it's due to the fact that Robert was would terrify them enough to the point where that where they were afraid to say anything. So if he got to them enough, if he believed they're not going to talk, then he'd let them go, so.
Speaker 2: He's threatening them basically, yeah, very much like the individual in the last episode.
Speaker 1: Other women, however, are believed to have been set free among the Kinnick River, where Robert would simply tell them to run, like he had done in the past. There the women would be in the middle of the forest, terrified and most likely nude, while they ran for their lives from a man who had kidnapped and raped them, trying desperately to find a way to survive as he stalked them through the bush and yep, just hunted them like some sort of twisted game with his gun in hand and a big bush knife on his belt. This is where the tales of Robert having the whole hunting humans came from. However, none of these hunting people accusations have ever actually been proven.
Speaker 2: Which we'll look at where he's doing it, the dense forest and stuff. I feel like you could easily hide a body out there, could you not.
Speaker 1: That's oh, we're getting to the bodies. Don't worry about that. But I'm saying the actions of hunting someone, letting them go, and hunting them has not been proven.
Speaker 2: What we do know, no one would know that, which I guess there's.
Speaker 1: No way of knowing that unless Robert came forward and admitted it, and he has.
Speaker 2: Not, so this is just speculation.
Speaker 1: Then it's speculation, but it is most likely in occurrence.
Speaker 2: Not necessary speculation though, because like from if they have been finding these bodies, they can maybe tell like from their feet or something. I don't know, I'm going to just keep listening, that.
Speaker 1: Would be a fairly decomposed body they'd most likely find touche. So basically it's speculation only because there were incidents where he has told other victims to run, victims who have survived and told the tale. Oh okay, so he has in the past told people to run, and he really likes hunting, and if he were to go so far, he very well could have done that in this area. Though there is no evidence to it, it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't seem far fetched. Basically, it's most likely the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but good luck proving it. Yeah, So we do know Robert uses cabin and plane between Oh sorry, right, we do know Robert used his cabin and plane for some activities that we're going to get to. Okay, and between nineteen seventy eight and nineteen eighty three, four bodies were discovered in that area. The body of an unidentified woman was found on Aclutna Road. A Klutanat Annie is the name given to the unidentified murder victim whose body was discovered in a wooded area one mile south of the Aclutona Lake Road. Now, this is in a clutna An Creage, Alaska, but it's still in the very very very close area in July nineteen eighty. She was aged between six sixteen and twenty five at the time of her death, and her body was discovered several months after being murdered, and an autopsy report concluded that she had been killed by a single stab wound to the back. A Clutant Annie was murdered in nineteen teen seventy nine by Robert who later specifically stated that she was his first murder victim.
Speaker 2: Yikes, that's young, yep.
Speaker 1: Now, the case still remains open and numerous efforts have been made to determine the identity of Annie, including several forensic facial reconstructions and how she may have appeared, But to this day, she is still known as Aklutnant Annie.
Speaker 2: Really, no one has ever identified her.
Speaker 1: She has not been identified to this day.
Speaker 2: Holy heck, we should almost put that photo up.
Speaker 1: Definitely going to put that up on Instagram, huh. So. In May of nineteen eighty, the body of Jonah Messina aka the Bear Lady, was found in a gravel pit and was originally thought to be the victim of a bear attack, as her badly decomposed body had since been used as a snack I guess you could say by a bear in the area. It wasn't until much later that they realized she was actually a victim of Robert.
Speaker 2: So he's not really doing much effort to have even hide these bodies really well.
Speaker 1: The thing is that it's a remote area only accessible by boat or plane, right, and it just so happens that some of these victims are being found by the circumstance of individuals in the area. One, for example, was a plane that just so happens to land testing some new tires on their plane on this gravel bar the Kinnick River and saw bone sticking out of the ground just so happened to be That's random. Another individual was buried off a I think it was a power line in the remote area, and it was workers working in the area that again saw the shadow.
Speaker 2: Grave, which I mean was kind of he could have buried that a little bit.
Speaker 1: He could, right, but I mean it's sure like, who the fuck's going to be out here and see this?
Speaker 2: I guess that's some think an overconfidenc thing.
Speaker 1: Again it is, but what are the fucking odds?
Speaker 2: So apparently pretty good?
Speaker 1: Apparently on September twelfth, there's another one here. In nineteen eighty two, hunters found a shallow grave on the banks of the Kinik River just so happened hunters crossed that path. The remains were identified as that of a twenty three year old exotic dancer, Sherry Morrow, who had been reported missing a year earlier. She had been shot in the back three times, and cartridges found in the nearby body suggests that she had been shot with a two twenty three Ruger Mini fourteen hunting rifle, a rifle that Robert just so happened to own, an odd feature that was also found with the body. She was found fully clothed, but there were no bullet holes in her clothing, suggesting that Sherry had been naked when shot and then redressed after her death and before she was buried.
Speaker 2: Interesting, but then right there almost goes to show you too, because like she was shot outside of the cabin thing, like not even really near the cabin yep, which kind of right there shows that he was probably hunting.
Speaker 1: Her most likely.
Speaker 2: Oh that is just the most terrifying shit I've ever I just I just couldn't imagine. Holy you're in this like middle of nowhere, like literally running for your life, but there's nowhere to go. Like, oh my gosh, it almost thinkes you want to cry and you.
Speaker 1: Have nothing, not even the clothing, the.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, just the shit, like you just feel just.
Speaker 1: Helpless more than that, more than helpless. Fucked yeah, Like are you good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good?
Speaker 1: You sure.
Speaker 2: I just like put myself in these victims situations. I try not to do that, but it was just like overwhelming. It was like, holy shit, it.
Speaker 1: Looks like you're about to start crying.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad. That's like terrifying.
Speaker 1: Oh, it is terrifying. I can't I can't imagine being in the shoes of these victims. No, this leads us to seventeen year old teen year old woman by the name of Cindy Paulson. Oh, sorry, hold on, I think I skipped one. Yes, I skipped one, so let's back up just slightly. September second, nineteen eighty three, another shallow grave was found on the banks of the Kinik River. The victim was identified as another exotic dancer, seventeen year old Paula Golden. She had been murdered in the exact same way Sherry Morrow had and had also been redressed after death. Jeez, So now we're going to talk about the seventeen year old woman by the name of Cindy Paulson. Cindy was a sex worker who was working the Anchorage Fourth Avenue in the night of July thirteenth, nineteen eighty three, when Robert pulled up in his car and offered her two hundred dollars for her services. As we said before, Robert had glasses with thin acne scars, stutter when he spoke, and Cindy saw nothing threatening about Robert whatsoever and got into his car for the two hundred dollars. As she shut the passenger door, Robert quickly put a gun to her head and slipped slipped handcuffs onto her wrists. With a gun in her face, she had nothing to do but do as she was told, so Robert drove them to his house on Old Harbor Avenue, and once they had arrived, he forced Cindy into the house at gunpoint and down into his basement, the same thing he had done to so many victims before her. There, he gagged, raped, and tortured Cindy for several hours, and once he was finished, he put chains around her neck and secured her to a wooden post. Then Robert laid on the couch across from Cindy and fell asleep.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that is fucking disgusting and terrifying all at the same time that he just has absolutely no remorse whatsoever.
Speaker 1: The fact that he could just sit there and just fall asleep, not even okay, okay, just say yeah, okay, you can fall asleep after that, but fall asleep in front of her, just there across the room on the.
Speaker 2: Ca out and you just go to sleep like she's not even there, basically yeah.
Speaker 1: Like she's nothing, Like you don't give a shit. Wow, Like the psychology behind that is fucked up.
Speaker 2: Like this guy is beyond disgusting, Oh beyond wow.
Speaker 1: And I can't imagine being in Cyndi's shoes as well, being tied up there watching him sleep and you're just chained.
Speaker 2: What do you even do? Like, because you probably wouldn't even want to wake him up and make him angry, right, Like, what would you even do?
Speaker 1: You're you're most likely going to want to look for an escape or how can you escape? But like you say, you don't want to wake him up, what's he going to do when he wakes up? What's he going to do if he finds you trying to escape? So you're trying to escape in a quiet way because I'm sure, Okay, yeah, you can say you're going to rattle the chains, you're gonna break something, You're going to try and use the chains and see if you can wear it down the wooden post. That's all gonna wake them up. You're not you can't do any of those things.
Speaker 2: So you're just in this terrible position.
Speaker 1: The only thing you can most likely do is try to slip your head out of those chains, which she couldn't.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have Ripley sitting here just licking my hands as I'm talking in this podcast.
Speaker 2: She was sitting that earlier to me, and then I was like ignoring her.
Speaker 1: Okay, So once Robert woke up. I what did I do again? I think I keep like hitting my mouse and it's like scrolling the page on me. Okay, okay, yeah, I got myself. So the morning came, Robert woke up and he began packing immediately. He then took Cindy by gunpoint again back upstairs and put her into their car. He drove off to Merlin Field where the airport is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, sorry, no, I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm just like I looked at you and you're just like what.
Speaker 2: No, I get it. I'm just like, my brain's still going about where the his wife is. But I'm not. I'm just done. Done. I'm done.
Speaker 1: So he went to the airport where his airplane was sitting there waiting. The area was deserve. Not a single person insight at the airport, okay, And Cindy sat on the floor of the back seat of his car, hands cuffed in front of her. Robert got out of the car, leaving Cindy inside while he went to prepare the plane. Now he was kind of going back and forth for some luggage and this sort of stuff, and he was at the plane getting it ready and feeling she had nothing to lose, and she would most likely be killed soon. Yeah, Cindy saw her chance to escape, Yes, and she took it.
Speaker 2: And this is a seventeen year old woman.
Speaker 1: Right, I believe Cindy is seventeen years That.
Speaker 2: Is freaking incredible. Okay, let's go. I'm ready, I got my enthusiasm.
Speaker 1: So, laying on the back seat, she sat up and peered out the window and noticed Robert had his back to her. He was concentrating and focusing on the task at hand with the plane. So she slowly and quietly crawled into the driver's seat, opened the door and ran had noticed, however, but it was too late and she had gone too far already. Yes, he tried to chase after her, but Cindy, wearing only handcuffs and a T shirt with her underwear, made it to the nearby sixth Avenue, where she flagged down a truck before Robert can dress. The man on the truck by the name of Richard, you saw Cindy in distress and pulled over and picked her up. Cindy just kept repeating to or to Richard, He's going to kill me, He's going to kill me.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine picking someone up like literally? That? Oh? Just saying that. I'd be like, holy shit, what do you do?
Speaker 1: You fucking drive? That's what you do?
Speaker 2: Well? Yeah, because you're in my car, I'm like, this is dude coming, Like I'd just be terrified.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like that what was that commercial that.
Speaker 2: Start the car? What commercialscause? Like smoking deals or not even smoking deals. It's just like he apparently it's like less expensive.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know what. That kind of reminds me of that where it's like panicaling getting out of their sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Your phone's making me think, there you go, it is you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Richard did start the car. He drove Cindy to a nearby a nearby in the mulsh In and once she was safely inside because she just kind of took off the vehicle went inside and Robert's like, uh, what the fuck do I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, yeah, he doesn't a look guilty of shit either, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So he left Cindy safely inside. When she was there, he continued to drive, but he did call and notify the police of the handcuffed and terrified young woman that he had just picked up and where her location was. So he told the police everything and let them know.
Speaker 2: The poor thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can only imagine what she's going through now. Police did find Cindy, and they found out that she had actually taken a cab to the Big Timber Motel, so she was at a different location when they finally caught up to her. Okay, but once they met up with her, they met her in one of the rooms at the hotel, where she sat there crying and still handcuffed. The police removed the handcuffs and took her to the police station, where she provided a description of the man who had abducted her. She also described the room she had been held captive in inside his basement, and she described the house of having many trophies of animals mounted on the wall. Cindy then directed them the authorities to the Merrillfield Airport and identified her abductor's airplane. That airplane was registered to Robert Hanson.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's no way he can getting himself out of this shit.
Speaker 1: There is one detail that Cindy was able to provide police that I just want to point out that makes Cindy our official badass of the door. If she's not already, just wait till you hear this. While she was still back in the backseat of Robert's car before she ran and took off, she left behind her blue shoes that she was wearing. This way she could prove that that was the car she was in the back seat of. There her shoes are left behind in that fucking car.
Speaker 2: Wow. So that's like she's really thinking the fact that she'd already been through such traumatic events that she's still able to like be thinking to save her life and stuff. Right.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, she was able to think clearly leave behind evidence, yeah, to get him caught and then bring it forward to the police.
Speaker 2: Boom.
Speaker 1: So what do you think is going to be happening?
Speaker 2: You're obsessed with her if he gets away with this shit, like there's a problem, Like this has to be the last straw.
Speaker 1: It just has to, you think.
Speaker 2: So it has to.
Speaker 1: While police went to question Robert, okay, and he even left them into his house to look around and gave him permission to enter.
Speaker 2: H What, Well, that's not good, okay, because that to make and the police seem like he's innocent.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what he's after.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So police were told by Cindy about the wooden post in the basement and the chains shackled to it, the animal trophies and everything. So Robert led him in, showed him around in the wooden posts, and he was chained to in the basement. No longer had the chains to it. Well, Robert had already actually puttied and fixed up bolt holes and chain damage from the chain by the time the police had arrived.
Speaker 2: You'd smell that ship, though, are you just under renos like him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fix, I'm pissed again. Okay, keep going, you good, Yeah, but I'm very anxious to hear what the book.
Speaker 1: Robert again began to play authorities, a sex worker's word against his. Wait, nothing. He even had his hunting buddies, fellow churchgoers, bakery patrons who are willing to testify that Robert would never do these things. It was his word against hers. Now, sure, he picked up Cindy, but rape like, how do you killing her? She's a sex worker, and of course that they had sex.
Speaker 2: Said that he picked her up.
Speaker 1: He admitted that, of course the shoes are in the back of her car. Of course she knows what the basement in the house looks like. She's a sex worker.
Speaker 2: Ah no, yes, okay, Well, she probably had to have like some terrible bruising and like and shits.
Speaker 1: A sex they're a sex worker, prove it. Oh my, that's the problem, and that's what he played on.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but that's the story. You have to believe.
Speaker 1: Nothing could be proven, the blue shoes, the player. It doesn't prove anything without physical evidence, and they had nothing. They had no physical evidence all because Robert did this before. And I'm not too sure if he did it in this specific case, but what he had played before was saying, Okay, I thought it was a date. I thought we were out on a date, and yes, we had sex. After sex, she demanded payment and I'm like, I'm not paying you. I thought this was a date. And from there she threatens with rape. That's what he had pulled before, and I'm sure he's probably pulling a similar thing in this case.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: So her accusations are just her way of trying to get the two inter bucks from me that I so called.
Speaker 2: Oh her, So this is like a smart molfo. He's smart.
Speaker 1: Hey, he is manipulating, is what I'm going to say. He's a fucking ass.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that this isn't over.
Speaker 1: At this point, they had no evidence against Robert. That is until one investigator searching Robert's house saw a recently disturbed piece of insulation in Robert's attic. While searching m there, he found some jewelry belonging to miss missing and murdered women. I remember Robert had a hunting passion. He was a hunter and collected trophies. These to him were trophies from his kills. Ill.
Speaker 2: Okay, but good on that investigator, right, he wasn't believing this molefho, He's doing his job. I like it.
Speaker 1: I like it now. They were able to identify specific pieces of jewelry to specific murdered individuals that they had found, some of those that we had listened previously, which is huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: However, it still doesn't prove anything about him killing anyone. Maybe he bought him from a pawnshop. Maybe they pawned him off and then he bought him because they're sex workers. Maybe they needed money. It doesn't prove anything.
Speaker 2: That looks so good.
Speaker 1: It looks guilty, but it doesn't prove he murdered anyone. Is the pro.
Speaker 2: I know, I get it.
Speaker 1: What they're looking for is a smoking gun. They need something to prove now. Luckily, there was something else that they found while searching his house. There was a map taped to the backside of his headboard on his bed. It was an aviation map covering the area over the Kinnick River where his cabin resided. But there was something different about this map, in particular, it's.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's such an interesting place to hide something I never thought of that you'll.
Speaker 1: Think of it now. Apparently, any idea what could have been on this map?
Speaker 2: I bet you it was like x's or crosses or whatever where he left women dead women. Well, that's my guess.
Speaker 1: On this map there were a total of twenty four x's scattered throughout locations. It didn't seem to make much sense to authorities at first, but it took them a couple of moments and then it connected because.
Speaker 2: They've found bodies in the sunny spots.
Speaker 1: Probably they compared the map to a map they had made of locations on where bodies were found in the area so far, and the exes that they had matched perfectly with the exes they had on Robert's map. It was a map of where Robert had buried his victims.
Speaker 2: So A, that's the smoking gun. Yes, and B twenty four.
Speaker 1: Twenty four xes were made on that map.
Speaker 2: WHOA, yes, I'm not expected to be that kind of number, my god.
Speaker 1: Like you said, though, this is the smoking gun they were looking for. This proves his involvement. This doesn't just prove that he was associated. This proves he was involved, my goodness. So Robert was quickly taken into customs and it wasn't before long that he decided he wanted to come clean. He admitted to the rape and the murder of the four individuals that they currently had, and that they could put his name to right and in return, if he pled guilty, they would agree. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I am?
Speaker 1: Well, he would agree to help authorities find the bodies of the remaining marked people on his map, if and that's if there are no other charges for any further crimes, whether he was guilty or not, no matter what they found.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but okay, that's not terrible.
Speaker 1: Real quick to sum this up, just to make sure we got this laid out flat. So Robert is being charged with the four bodies that they currently have, ok And he is pleading guilty to those charges. In return, he will help authorities locate the rest of the exes he has murdered. He will help them locate their bodies. In return, he is basically free of charges from anything they find from here on out.
Speaker 2: But my thought is that for rape and murder charges is going to get you life in prison anyway, is sort of my thought. Yeah, but it's still like for the victims and their families and stuff, I think that's kind of a pretty shitty deal probably.
Speaker 1: But the victim gets to come home. They're found this way.
Speaker 2: We're found because he wouldn't have helped probably trying to find them other ways. But do they need his fucking help? Already have this map with all these ringing x's.
Speaker 1: And shit, well that X might not show an exact spot, right it shows, Okay, it's in this valley. Good luck searching and finding a body buried in that valley, right.
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess.
Speaker 1: So anyways, all parties agreed to this deal, and Robert happily and I highlight happily showed the locations of hidden bodies on the map because he was, in fact, happy, excited, almost as described to some of the authorities, who were involved. He was excited and happy to show the locations as if proud of what he had done and proud of the area, like a hunter showing and telling his hunting story.
Speaker 2: Huh they must. I just can only imagine what they're thinking of this dude.
Speaker 1: So they would literally fly him into the area and he would lead them to exactly exactly where the body was buried. And I mean, like a parent to a tea. They did not have to dig an extra grave on any of the bodies they exhumed. He said, here, they dug there.
Speaker 2: There was a body that's like pretty good memory. Really yea, he would have been good at the memory game.
Speaker 1: Probably I was at that. So in total, Robert led them to find a total of seventeen bodies that were exes on the map. Okay, the remaining seven xes. Robert denies killing and burying anyone in these.
Speaker 2: Locations, so he just has ran the exs on this map. I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: As it stands, Robert has a total and is officially responsible, officially on the record, responsible with seventeen known murders, thirty one different rapes, one attempted murder, and one attempted rape, for his four murders that he did get charged with. He was sentenced by jury to a total of four hundred and sixty one years good plus life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, that's what I wanted to hear.
Speaker 1: And in August twenty first, twenty fourteen, Robert died of natural causes at the age of seventy five behind bars.
Speaker 2: What year would you have gone to prison then to sorry, that might be a question.
Speaker 1: I know, I didn't actually write that down when his trial was that's.
Speaker 2: Crazy that he because yeah, I don't know, but he was youngerish, I guess when he was doing all this shit.
Speaker 1: I can scroll back here when was Cindy abducted again? Because it was three months after Cindy that he decided to come clean. So it was June thirteenth, nineteen eighty three when he picked up and kidnapped Cindy.
Speaker 2: And he died in twenty fourteen. Oh okay, okay, that's actually a substantial amount of time in person. I for some reason thought it wasn't okay.
Speaker 1: So the list of his victims include, but are not limited to, Cecilia Beth van Zanton. She was an ex on his map, but Robert denies killing her. Bullshit Megan Saban Emeric. She was also an ex in the map, but Robert denies killing her. Mary Kathleen phil was also an ex on Robert's map, but he denies killing her. Unidentified a Clute Nott, Annie Jonah Messina, Roxanne Eastland, whose body has never been found, Lisa Futrelle, Sherry Morrow, Andrea Altieri whose body has never been found. Sue Luna Robin Pelke, whose identity was finally discovered in October of twenty twenty one. Oh wow, just two months ago. She had previously been given the nickname Horseshoe Harriet.
Speaker 2: Well and someone finally identified She's.
Speaker 1: Finally been identified.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Delynne Frey, Paula Golden, Malia Larson, Teresa Watson, Angela veteran, Tamara Pederson, Sorry, Cindy Paulson, who he kidnapped and raped, but she escaped and was subsequently the cause of his capture and also our bass.
Speaker 2: Of the Badass of the Day. I just have to say I was almost said it during but I was like, no, you need to read those lists through. Is like I'm sorry, but like you know exactly where they're buried a dead person and you didn't fucking kill them, Like, how is that even? Like you just sound like an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's officially responsible for their death.
Speaker 2: Oh totally. Yeah, if you know where they're buried and everything, there's I cannot think of many reasons that you wouldn't be their murderer, I know. So wow.
Speaker 1: So that is the story of Robert Hanson, the butcher Baker.
Speaker 2: That is wild. That is like a wild, awfully sad story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sorry it took us so long. It gets part two for you guys. But the research was a lot more in depth than I anticipated.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: We were hoping to have it out yesterday or the day before, but we'll always get part two out before the next episode airs, at least that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sometimes it's surprising how much research, like you don't realize until like you're really in it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I could have gotten a lot more in depth with this if I wanted to. There's some details and some explanations and stuff that I skipped over, But I do highly recommend that if you want to learn more, dive into it. It's a rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could only imagine.
Speaker 1: So fuck Robert Hanson to Cindy the Badass of the day and everyone else. All right, yeah, thanks for listening. Guys, don't forget to check our Patreon if you want that exclusive Jacko s merch before it goes out of the shop, Our Instagram, our Facebook, the whole rest of it, and of course, until next
Speaker 2: Time, we appreciate you and stay wicked.