Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Depictions Media Radio. Welcome to Policy and Rights show up Gosh, welcomer Policy Human Joys. He welcome back to Policy and Rights. Here Depictions Media Radio. I'm your Michael Clogg's Okay. So this coming weekend, where it will be June fifteenth through June seventeenth, the G seven Summit will be happening in Alberta, Canada to be exact kind of Ascus, Alberta. And the big question is should Donald Trump be banned from this summit. He is the biggest disruptor he in the world. He doesn't want to play with others nicely at all. In fact, he wants things to be his way or no way at all. He has ambushed Zelensky, He has tried to ambush Mark Carney, the Prime Minister of Canada. He has attempted to ambush the President of South Africa, who was actually waiting for him to try to ambush him and was able to evade his attack, saying that he is committing genocide on the africaanners. He has put forth white supremacy policies, and he is unjustly and without due process removing people from the United States and sending them to some encampment in Al Salvador, unlawful confinement, in kidnapping policies being used by people with masks who are just snatching people off the street. This is what is happening because of his leadership as president. He has parked the National Guarden the Marines in California and an attempt with scare tactics to stop them from protesting what he is doing, because what he is doing is breaking the constitution. If any one of those particular members of the armed forces opens fires on a citizen in California, they're breaking the constitution that they were sworn to protect. They in fact, if they don't ignore the executive order to attack US citizens, they're helping Donald Trump to break the constitution that he has no respect for. He has no respect for global happenings. He said. It says to to India and Pakistan over the ideas of who gets to control Kashmir. Let's go make some money together. We'll do some trade and that that'll solve the problem. He is attempting to rape the land of of Ukraine of of their rare earth mineral minerals so that they give up their sovereignty to Vladimir Putin, is this the kind of person who truly represents what the G seven is about? And should the this person be allowed to be at this summit and an attempt to disrupt it, because that's probably what his bottom line idea is, is to disrupt the G seven so that he can control more of what the world is actually doing. In this particular recording, you're gonna hear Charlie Angus, and he has some very valid points about what is why he thinks that Donald Trump should be banned from the G seven. It's like he's why he he should shouldn't be allowed to participate and in any of the talks. He has some very valid points. We're going to hear those, okay. And also while we're listening today's record, we're gonna hear from the United Nations as Iraq is trying to regain their sovereignty and hold elections and reform a a viable government for the for the people so that they can return to the global table with trade and commerce. They have a lot of valuable things to offer people culturally as well as things that are that are actually said on their land. With that being said, that there, of course is treasures that they between Kuwait and Iraq during during the the war that happened a couple of decades ago. That their treasures that they're still trying to find and they are in search of, and those treasures, those are pieces of art, those pieces of history should be returned to Iraq and to Kuwait where they rightfully belong, so that we all can share in the culture that brought us to some of where we are today. As you know that, of course Kuwait, Iraq, and Iran were all once part of the Persian Empire, and that Persian Empire also also brought about things to do with Samaria and other things that have brought greatness to our history as human beings, and those treasures that represent that should be returned to their rightful places. So why don't we listen in and we're going to start off with Turnlie Angus as he discusses why he thinks that Donald Trump should be banned from the G seven.
Speaker 2: Good morning. I am here in the press gallery of the Parliament of Canada, the heart of our democratic engagement with people, and this morning I offer my deep concern, solidarity and prayers with the people of California who are out in the streets on armed defending the rule of law against illegal kidnapping and deportation, and they're being faced down by the military might of the United States Marines. We're not talking about creeping fascism here. This is full on police state tyranny from the gangster President Donald Trump. And this is the man who will soon be crossing our border to attend the G seven meetings in Canada. I have received hundreds of messages of concern and outrage from Canadians that a convicted felon sexual predator and a man who's threatened our nation's sovereignty is being allowed into our country. I understand the Prime Minister Carney's reluctance to escalate the situation with the mega President, but we have to stop kidding ourselves and we have to be very honest about what we are being asked to engage with. Donald Trump poses a clear threat to American democracy, to Canadian sovereignty, and to the international rule of law. And this morning I will lay out a straightforward indictment of Donald Trump's threats, not just to his own people and not just to Canada, but to the international rule of law. Since November twenty twenty four, Donald Trump has made over one hundred attacks on Canada, and yet when it comes to the war criminal of Vladimir Putin, Trump has said almost nothing except to defend, to explain, to write off the crimes of the Putin regime. He is doing this at the clear expense of the American people and the Western allies. He continually promotes Vladimir Putin while attacking President Zelenski, the people of Ukraine and the people of Canada. We remember that when Vladimir Putin launched his murderous invasion of Ukraine, Donald Trump declared mister Putin a savvy genius, and he said that the arbitrary seizure of Ukrainian territory was quote wonderful. Trump refuses to denounce the murderous bombing of the cities of Ukraine, and he has falsely accused President Zelenski of having started the word. Trump has put the security of our European allies at risk to the benefit of Russia. He continually, as well, undermines American domestic security. When Russia launched cyber attacks in the United States, Trump downplayed the threat and put the blame on the quote lamestream media. Russia interfered with the United States election, which may have helped Trump get elected in twenty sixteen. And yet Trump has blocked investigations into the foreign interference. And yet Donald Trump has been more than willing to vilify Canadians. Earlier this year, Pete Navarro pushed to have Canada kicked out of the Five Eyes intelligence network. Canada plays a key role in the Five Eyes helping keep Americans safe. It's a job that we do as an ally and a neighbor. But MAGA has turned Canada into their number one enemy with recent bogus claims from cash to tell about terrorists from Canada flooding over the border. So let's compare those falsehoods with how Trump deals with the threats from Russia. This past March, the United States ordered the US Cyber Command to suspend operations against Russia. The United States shut down efforts to counter Russian sabotage. Attorney General Pam Bondi blocked the FBI's Foreign Interference Task Force, which leaves the United States wide open to secret influence campaigns by Russia, China and other dark actors. You got to ask yourself, is Donald Trump loyal to the people of the United States who elected him, or to Vladimir Putin's undermining of the international rule of law. Just this past February, President Trump said he wanted Russia reinstated into the G seven, and he falsely blamed Canada for having Russia been kicked out. Russia was expelled from the G eight then for illegally invading Ukrainian territory. In February, Trump opposed a European resolution condemning Moscow's actions against Ukraine. In opposing this vote on defending Ukraine's territorial sovereignty, the United States voted with the gangster regimes of Russia, Belarus, and North Korea. Trump rejected Canada's proposal on tackling Russian shadow fleet of oil tankers that are being used to undermine sanctions. In February of the United States vetoed Canada's proposal to establish a task force to monitor sanctioned breaches by Russia. The Attorney General has disbanded the program aimed at seizing assets of Russian oligarchs. Now we know that Donald Trump, who is a convicted criminal, has been more than willing to aid and abet international war criminals. Vladimir Putin, like Benjamin Netanyah, who is bombed hospitals, Vladimir Putin, like Netanyahu, has targeted schools. Trump has said nothing about this. Vladimir Putin has kidnapped over nineteen thousand Ukrainian children, and in March twenty twenty three, the International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin over the unlawful deportation and transfer of children. And yet as soon as he came to power, Donald Trump cut funding for the Yale program that was tracking Ukrainian children who've been kidnapped from their families and forced into Russia. In March twenty twenty five, Russian lawmaker andre Kartapaulov called for the United States to stop sharing Ukraine with intelligence and following that, Donald Trump obediently cut intelligence sharing that led to a series of Russian strikes in Ukrainian cities. And Trump has defended Putin's attacks on Ukrainian civilians, and he says that Putin is easier to deal with than the people of Ukraine. Let's just talk for a minute about the tariff war. Trump has launched massive tariffs against Canada, Mexico, and Europe his key allies. He has claimed that his tariff war in Canada will force US as an nation to break and beg to be his vassal state. On top of that, he's targeted one hundred and fifty countries, including countries as small as Madagascar, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Liechtenstein, Senegal, and yet he's not imposed any sanctions or tariffs on Russia. He falsely claims there is no trade with Russian In fact, there's three point five billion dollars in Russian trade that has been exempted from tariffs, and Trump says he wants more trade with Russia. He says this as he attacks Canada's manufacturing, steel, agricultural, entertainment industries. Canada can no longer view the United States as an ally. We know that Donald Trump doesn't believe in liberal democracy, he doesn't believe in the rule of law. Canada is an open and inclusive society. Little wonder that Donald Trump has denounced our nation as one of the nastiest countries he's ever had to deal with. And we'd be fools to pretend that is threat to quote get rid of the border by using economic force is somehow abated we can't kid ourselves about the threat that's being posed by Donald Trump. Prime Minister Mark Karney is not inviting our nearest neighbor and friendly ally to join us in the G seven. Prime Minister Karney is not inviting the leader of the Free world to Canada. He is welcoming in Vladimir Putin's sock puppet, who will have the best seat in the key negotiations with the G six. Donald Trump will be there as we attempt to negotiate a deal in a dark new world, and we know that Donald Trump is there to undermine us at every step of the way. Canada must be focused on containing this clear and present danger to our nation and the rule of law. We must stand with the people of Ukraine and our allies who believe in the democratic order. The Prime Minister must stay boldly that he will stand up against any attempts to interfere in Canada and to undermine through academia or through American corporations that are in Canada, any DEI measures that are in Canada. Because Canada is a nation of diversity, equity and inclusion. This is what makes Canada a light in this new dark age of gangster regimes and Trump is the gangster. I urge Canadians to keep the boycott strong. I urge the Prime Minister to work with us, and work with our allies and send a very clear message that we will not support in any way the rise of an authoritarian regime south of the border that is using the military against its own people. Canada at this point is holding the line, but we must remain true, North, strong and free. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So are you calling for Prime Mister Karney to disinvite President Trump to the G seven meeting?
Speaker 2: Then I think it's a really fair question. This man is threatening us now. As again I said, I recognize that Prime Minister Carney probably doesn't want to escalate the situation with Donald Trump, but I think we need to be sending a message somehow that we will contain this threat. And we need to make sure that we are not giving Donald Trump all access in our negotiations at the G seven because he does not have our interests at heart.
Speaker 4: Do you think the.
Speaker 3: Government's currents actions with more defense spending and the one Canada Economy bill or Economy bill are enough to I guess sort of pat us from the threat of America.
Speaker 2: I think we are partly on the road. I think that there have been some good initiatives. We have to become independent militarily, we have to become much more independent economically. We do need our premiers to step up. Some of them are stepping up at this time. But I think we have to also not kid ourselves about the threat that Donald Trump is posing to us, the idea from his mega ambassador Pete Hookstraw. Well, listen, you know Americans got hurt too. Pete Hookstraw was in the Netherlands undermining the people of the Netherlands and supporting extremist parties while being ambassador there. We have to contain this threat just like we would contain a threat from Vladimir Putin. We have to stop pretending that Donald Trump is just being Trump.
Speaker 5: Click.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a very fluid situation we're dealing with, and so I again I recognize that the Prime Minister is going to have to be more careful than me. But we need to be really framing this discussion as a threat from an authoritarian regime that's on the rise. When Governor Knewsom talks about this being an open threat to democracy at this moment, our nearest neighbor is no longer a democratic nation, So Canada has to be very super vigilant and now is not the time to drop our guard.
Speaker 6: Sudden, some premiers aren't stepping up. Which premiers and yeah, what's that point?
Speaker 2: Well, clearly we see with Daniel Smith and Premier Moe breaking the boycott inviting American alcohol back into the stores. I mean, what's that about. Just after again, Pete Hoopstress said that the tariffs are going to remain in place. They are now inviting American product back onto the shelf. The boycott has been a non precedented success. The boycott of Canadian products has forced a ninety percent drop in American wine exports. America is dependent on Canadian wine exports. It has affected Kentucky through the boycott. The boycott and travel is threatening twelve billion dollars in trade. The reason the boycott is so important is because it keeps pressure at the state level and state governors to actually put pressure on if we drop our guard, there is no way that they will ever drop those tariffs. So Daniel Smith needs to stop threatening to break up our country and she needs to start standing with the rest of Canada and saying We're going to hold the line because Canadian jobs are Canadian jobs, whether they're in Alberta or whether they're in Oshawa on Windsor. Governor Newsom said there's no working with Trump, there's only working for Trump. How do you view Carney's relationship with Trump so far. I one of the reasons I decided to come here is I think when we hear from the governor California that Donald Trump is such a threat that there is no working with him, we have to remind ourselves in Canada we can't become complacent and think, oh, the threat's over. There is no working with an authoritarian. Trump has stated he believes that the world is under three you know, great powers, Russia, China, in the United States. That means he sees Canada as a vassal state. So I recognize that Prime Minister Carney is going to have to be super careful, but we have to recognize that we're not working with him. We're not going to cut deals. Whatever promises he makes today he will break tomorrow. We have to recognize that this is now a clear and present danger on our border.
Speaker 6: Are you planning on joining any protests in Calgary or traveling to Calgary at all ahead of the G seven or during the G seven.
Speaker 2: I can't get to Calgary before the G seven. I know that we are having many protests just as well, supporting the American Allies, the grassroots resistance on June fourteenth. But what I've seen, and I've been touring the country is this is a unique moment for Canada because what's leading the resistance are ordinary people. I get this very clearly wherever I go in Canada. Ordinary people understand that we are under a threat that we haven't seen since the nineteen thirties. Ordinary Canadians need to hear from their leaders that they share those concerns, and this is why I'm here today.
Speaker 7: How do you feel about Modi and Svetron Prince being advised to the G seven.
Speaker 2: I think the decision to invite mister Mody is very concerning. I think one of the things we're realizing now is that we are certainly in the age of as Graham she would say, monsters and monster regimes, and Canada is now having to find its way in the midst of the monsters. Modi has, you know, certainly undermined Canada. Some of his actions have been very concerning. We have now Donald Trump there. I'm not going to second guess the Prime Minister at this point, even though I spent my whole life in opposition. I want to say though, that we have to be very wary of who we are making deals with. But I would certainly encourage Canada to focus on Europe, focus on Asia, focus on allies that we can trust and share our values.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard you speak to this yet since the election.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have, but can I.
Speaker 2: Just get your general sense of your thoughts and where the current state of the NDP is right now?
Speaker 3: Brutal results in the last election that I'm just.
Speaker 7: Wondering, what do you feel about the kind of soul Thurgeon Party needs to do and where it's at.
Speaker 2: The election was a disaster, unmitigated disaster for the New Democratic Party. What I felt from my and I've been heavily touring across the country during the campaign and I'm at rallies and meetings all the time. I feel two things. One is that people feel that the party lost touch, becoming very much a leader focused group as opposed to the New Democratic Party of Canada. But I also have a sense that people are really understand the need to have a three party system in Canada, and we need to rebuild the New Democratic Party. So when you have bills like C two come in, there needs to be a progressive left wing party at the committee hearings, bringing witnesses, making sure that this is going to be in the nation's interests, and right now we've lost that ability. So I think that this is this issue of renewal of the party is super important. But we have to understand that if we are a social democratic party, we have to be a democrat at a party from the grassroots. We have to re engage with people we lost touch and we have to be honest about that.
Speaker 3: Sore be interested in the conversation.
Speaker 7: So the conversation that you're having isn't that different than a lot of people are having on the ground, but there's a big disconnect, as you know, at the national political level. So saying that, is that something that you would support and somebody coming forward to lead the New Democratic Party, or that something that would be a little more challenging to the status quo in terms of how Trump has approached things like that. And also, I know you've been asked this before, but you've declined, but it is have you fully ruled out getting back involved in politics or maybe running even.
Speaker 2: For the leadership. I will not be running for the leadership. I felt ever since Donald Trump came to power that I need to focus on Canada, and I will continue to focus full out. I'm working more than full time than I've ever worked before on this threat. I do believe that there is a disconnect in Canada that you know. I think one of the problems and one of the realities is, and I'm just trying to be fair here, is that you know, we know what we know, and our comms people know what they know, and our polsters know what they know, and they're good at what they know, and our talking heads are good at what they know. But we're dealing in completely uncharted territory. We're dealing with the rise of authoritarianism. None of us were there back in the nineteen thirties, so we don't have anything to compare to. I think we have not really framed the threat as clearly as we need to, and I think that that puts a danger to our political leadership to be more worried on just the day to day rather than the big picture. We need a very strong new Democratic Party and we need a strong renewal, so I'm interested in seeing who comes forward.
Speaker 6: We haven't seen a response yet from the federal government in terms of Trump doubling tariffs on steel and aluminum.
Speaker 2: Have you been talking to anyone behind the scenes regarding this of year? What do you think that they're used to do in response to the double enough stealing illuminum tariffs. I think maybe the best thing that Prime Minister Trudeau ever did was when he said that we would go dollar for dollar in response, because we saw some of our other allies not step up, and I think it in boldened Trump, and we saw that Trump did back off. The threats to steal an aluminum are not just to us. They're a serious threat to American industry, their threat to the auto sector. We are an integrated economy in terms of trade, and I feel that not going back full on is not in the best interests of Canada. I think it's better that we take this fight on and force a response, rather than suffer a slow bleed off of jobs, which is what we're going to be stuck with if we don't respond very firmly.
Speaker 6: What do you think of Bill C five, specifically the second part that deals with getting big projects built. As you probably know, it's sort of once it's listed, it's conditionally approved, and then the regulatory processes play out with a focus on how a project can be built as opposed to whether it can. Yeah, what do you think about that? You spent so long as that real resources correct?
Speaker 2: Well, you know they have said that Canada is three monopolies in a trench coat, and I certainly hope that those three giant monopolies don't get their way again. If it is in the national interest, then let's make sure that it's in the national interest and not just in the interest of pushing forward Again. We've spent thirty four billion dollars on the TMX pipeline. We're never going to see that money again. We're subsidizing every barrel of bitchmen going down the TMX pipeline by about fifty cents on the barrel. Well, if there was an economic case, why aren't they paying the full freight. So the idea that we're going to fast track projects when we see the doug Ford is now exempting projects from environmental review and causing major resistance in indigenous communities. This is not how it's done. We have many projects ready to go right now that have been gone through the process of good consultation and have gone through the process of a fair process. So the government can't undermine that because what it does is it creates conflict. And when you create conflict, you don't get projects built.
Speaker 1: And are you concerned at.
Speaker 6: All about the quite broad powers that this legislation would give the government with regards to approving projects. You know, there's some clauses in there about being able to delete or amend portions of specific acts as it relates to a given project. Yeah, thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: Well, the reason that we have the legislation in the first place is because we've seen so many disasters. I live in Cobalt, Ontario. My backyard is an abandoned mind sight down the street for me, there's lakes that are full of arsenic and cadmium that'll be there contaminated for hundreds of years. We put rules in so that we do it right in Canada, certainly in the mining sector, we have some of the highest standards in the world and we do it right. I don't see why we suddenly now have to say we're not going to do it right. The government has the power already on working with the provinces in terms of environmental assessment about making sure the projects sometimes don't have to go through two or three different overviews to make things happen. But I'll tell you, when you have first nation buy in projects move forward. So I would be focused on making sure we have first nation buying by having good projects, and those nation building projects will happen. Have you spoken to Sing since he lost a See, I haven't spoken to drug Meat Sing since the election. No, I would like to see you as the next NDP leader. A mama angus didn't raise her boy to speculate. Well, number one, you've got to be able to win. I think number two is recognizing you know the strength of the Social democratic movement was it was the Social Democratic movement. Number one. I would kill zoom everything. I see what the party is on zoom and nothing again zoom. We had to do it during COVID, but you know, we used to be a party that was really rooted in at the writing level, the writings, you know, the big debates on who we're going to be delegates at convention, who are going to regional forms. We used to hold pub nights. We used to hold bean dinners. Of God, we had bean dinners. We'd all go right like. I mean, it was a hassle and you never made any money, but it was about bringing people in and making them feel like they belonged. We became a party that was very focused on TikTok likes. I'm sure that helps, but TikTok didn't get us elected. We became focused on data. Data is very important, but to be a social democratic movement you need to go back to reinvigorating the writing association. So I want a leader that isn't less worried about big ideas. We got boxes of big ideas, as new Democrats are got big ideas going back to the nineteen sixties, we're still waiting to enact. What we need is to make a party again that people feel like they belong to.
Speaker 7: And announced an interim leader and then clearly three of the MP's at least that spoke publicly didn't even know about that. Does that what's going on there? That's a breakdown, isn't it? Of what's happening the party?
Speaker 2: I don't know what happened there. I mean, obviously this ship hit the rocks in a dramatic way. I think Don Davies is to me an obvious choice for an interim leader. He's a great negotiator. The reason we have National Dental Care is because of Don Davies. He made that happen. I think that there was some kind of disconnect, But I think that the important thing is for my colleagues is they got to have each other's back because this is going to be a rough four years. But and I came out of the election feeling pretty burned at what happened. But I've been out on the ground and I'm meeting lots of people who are actually about rebuilding. I mean, that's the thing about us New Democrats. We're like goddamn dandelions. It's like, once we're on your line, you can't seem to get rid of it. So the dandelions are coming up again and saying, okay, let's do something. So I you know, I think we're going to get through these these We will get through this period.
Speaker 5: Yes, Madame President, Distinguished Representative of Council Members, allow me to begin by expressing my joy to see in a dear friend and a colleague preside over the work of the Security Council. Let me express my profound appreciation to members of this esteemed Council for their attention, support and guidance. I'm so delighted to see the distinguished representative of Iraq and Kuwait participate in today's session. Award of gratitude must be given to the Secretary General of the United Nations for his continued engagement in the Middle East, including his recent visit to Bardad for the Arab Senate. Madame President, Distinguished Representatives. Between my last report six months ago and now, so many things have happened in Iraq which I would not list here. However, with your permission, I would like to mention the most notable developments at the forefront, of which is iraq drive towards more stability, more prosperity and closer regional integration. My profound appreciation goes to the Government of Iraq for the humanitarian aid it has provided to the people of Gaza, Lebanon, Yemen and Syria, not to mention its support to the new peace initiative between Tekya and the Kurdestan Workers' Party, which, if implemented in good faith would bring peace, security and stability to the region at large, Madame President, Distinguished Representatives. Iraq is well on its way to another national parliamentary election set for eleventh November this year. Iraq's independent High Electoral Commission with Yunami technical support, are making notable progress in preparing for this election. Voter registration is set to conclude in the coming days and nearly three quarters of total voters have completed biometric registration so far. Yes, there are challenges, including logistical concerns, but i HECK is committed to doing its best towards a free, fair and transparent election with the participation of all Iraqis without fear and intimidation. In Army will spare no effort in providing the most professional technical support towards this end, including efforts to promote the widest participation of women, youth and minorities. Meanwhile, six months after the successful parliamentary election in Kurdistan Region of Iraq last October, the formation of a regional government is still bending. Needless to say, a spirit of compromise focusing on shared objectives rather than partisan partisan division is the key to overcome this protracted impasse. There is no doubt in my mind that the concerned parties in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq will be able to form a competent government that will serve the interest of the people of Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Iraq at large. Here I would further like to emphasize that the Bardad Rebealed relationship is a partnership that necessitates ongoing dialog and collaboration grounded in the Constitution of Iraq to effectively address and resolve any outstanding issues between the two sides. And then President distinguished colleagues. More than eight hundred Iraqis return ten days ago from Al Hul Camp in Northeast Syria to Al Amal Center in Iraq, showing the governments of Iraq's commitment to accelerating the return process of its citizens with the supports of the United Nations. It is nevertheless essential that adequate resources are invested in supporting a dignified reintegration of returning families and in ensuring affair judicial process for the detainees who are being repatriated. And while Iraq continues to make important strides in addressing returns from Northeast Syria, the situation of Iraq's internally displaced persons continue to demand urgent to attention. Hundreds of thousands individuals remain displaced in Iraq, including one hundred thousand primarily the Yazidis from Sanjar, who live in id camps and informal settlements throughout Iraq under precarious conditions. Yes, the government of iraq recent recognition of Yazid's land rights with over one thousand, three hundred ownership letders and nearly one hundred titles deeds distributed this year was a significant manstone. The Iraqi government has also been proactive in offering compensation to Yazid survivors and other minorities. However, creating sustainable conditions for the returns require more coherent political, administrative, and security measures. In addition to significant investment in job creation and local services. The Government of Iraq needs to accelerate the adoption of a comprehensive national plan for durable solution. The return process cannot just be physical radiocation. It needs to be a meaningful process that rebuilds life, lives, livelihoods and hope for the future. I'm going to speak now in Arabic, hollow her, what you sawt in island and the AzID yun phil rac ottavaro ca hero bishaklinovocal was Ala yadidash bad women Wabi danku no parible maani phil err what it do pejavi care fetl igrat lehimaya paife We are the tele atiba wal what tuckled you? While Makaanna tell insania tea jussusan and the Hulayeza hata Yamuna have a adod gabnati had if a fiality ships in Kasri bad than as of a d behaved to him era and hominoboru in her the hill nobule and a shad l Iraqi. Also woman, I would get to him ill and woman I'll him be karamatin was I will turn to English and then President distinguished representative. Commitments to human rights is at the is at the heart of iraq stability and development. In January, Iraq was reviewed by the Human Rights Council under the Universal Periodic Review, a process designed to support and expand the promotion and protection of human rights in in every country. A total of two hundred sixty three recommendations are currently being considered by Iraq for adoption at the next session of Human Rights Council. Progress is also being made on a draft law on minority rights and towards the adoption of a national strategy to counter hate speeches. The United Nations is ready to continue supporting these and other human rights initiatives and engage with the government of Iraq, our partner and the partner to the Inn Nations, and exploring options for continuing such support after Yunami's departure. I'll speak in Arabic again, mendanal malefet al mutalier the hococoal insect well more ales to her fun will be doing it male vafic and idel was your father wak on he lackedna phil and rapid amelon fie and could more say your to more al to her with caraci what be my reader.
Speaker 1: Us let you.
Speaker 5: Female when I took it and Iraq musta lu and ma thti g r well Iraq, while the muse well added lil Jamie walk to do huna al juil Musawa liklel iroghin biradwn nov an intimaty heather huare Iraq al mustakvel alualunatamene frod A, then President distinguished representative. Turning to the issue of missing Kuwaiti and third country nationals, I welcome the increase in field missions and the use of advanced technologies to identify national burial sites. However, there is a need to redouble these efforts, strengthen cooperation and coordination, including in the search of witnesses towards finding the remains of three hundred Kuwaiti missing persons and provide long overdue answer to their families. I also rhiterate the importance to expedite the search to locate and return missing property, including the national archives of Kuwait, especially after the recent welcome decision to reactivate the Iraq Kuwait Joint Committee on Missing Kuwaiti Property. One other outstanding issues between Iraq and Kuwait, the resumption of meetings of the Iraq Kuwait Joint Technical and Legal Committees concerned with the delimitation of the maritime border beyond Marker one sixty two is a welcome development. Continued efforts to rebuild trust and confidence between the two brotherly countries are essential for a for forging a more stable and cooperative future. Heather or Evenkadir Alien Makofraki Wa Iraqi female at al lakar mahamad storial Julia, how mayusea abdallah la Yes see what takid alhama a lettis and toil wellikbadi Mia Coloma died na jewel adhol fisher well an fsa and you just did Unami the tar dims hel Hamid if he had a sham either my either my palable genevan or that is here it's my holy and well here an adole little Kuwait can it wah well you tell you soft hotel marvi withut them in a muster well jad lit had a thicker what are my attached and amelie en two turgion bid and anteses mar turkeys. A malady was shaba would be my u as is a sharakatil wabima yejmah where are youufarak? Madame President, Distinguished Representatives. With just over six months remaining before Unami's mandate ends, I would like to assure members of the Council that the Mission continues to pursue a structured transition according to schedule and in close cooperation with the Government of Iraq, whom I would like to warmly thank for their help assistance and coordination. I would also like to report to the Esteem Council that we have closed Unami offices in Musil, al Ma, Moosel, Belal Arabia and Karkuk, and we are gradually reducing our staff in levels, seeking to balance the mission draw downs with our continuing, continuing mandated task. And this, as you are aware, in a context of serious financial constraints impacting the United Nations as a whole. I wish to reiterate my confidence in the resilience of the Iraqi people and the determination of their leaders. Iraq is a nation of profound history, strength, potential and pride. By working together, Iraqis can continue to make meaningful strikes towards further stability, further prosperity and humor rights for Chtatim mudah Harati heavy him Achiden Thikratitim, phil rac Well, Erratium.
Speaker 2: Bell de Laric, A.
Speaker 5: Lady who am in being as sine little mud listad Ima Kennedy, phil Anna Sharsel, Monna be Daan raq b Man Nostatic Willna Jordia men montalac Im behavel bellet Dorote, What I can yati, what I Caniati Shabby what's your crime? I thank mister al Hassan for his breed.
Speaker 8: All right, good afternoon everyone. The Secretary General delivered remarks this morning at the opening of the UN Ocean Conference in Nice, which is co hosted by France and Costa Rica. In his remarks, the Secretary General said that although the sea that has sustained life from millennia, we are Although the sea has sustained life for millennia, we are failing to protect the ocean thanks to overfishing, plastic pollution and rising temperatures. He urged all countries that have not yet ratified the Agreement on Marine Biological Diversity of Areas beyond national jurisdiction to do so. He also issued a strong call to all countries to agree on an ambitious and legally binding treaty on plastic pollution this year. Underscoring his support for the work of the International Seabed Authority, the Secretary General said the deep sea cannot become the wild West. Mister Kuteresch urged member states to advance progress on Sustainable Development Goal fourteen, which is unfortunately one of the least funded SDGs. He encouraged the conference participants to be bold in all their efforts, saying the ocean of our ancestors, teeming with life and diversity, can be more than legend, It can be our legacy. In the afternoon, the Secretary General spoke at the Africa for the Ocean event co hosted by Morocco and France. In his remarks, the Secretary General said that with over thirty thousand kilometers of coastline and thirty eight coastal states, Africa is a maritime powerhouse. Its futures also written in the water, as, he said, adding that this blue wealth is too often undervalued and overexploited. He said that investments of too often bypassed Africa, even as its marine resources were exploited by others. Also this afternoon, the Secretary General had a productive meeting with civil society representatives from around the world active in ocean action. He highlighted the current paradox. Despite major breakthroughs such as the Kunming Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework and the Agreement on Marine Biological Diversity of Areas beyond national jurisdiction, the crisis facing the oceans is worsening. The Secretary General noted similar dynamics and climate action while renewable energy is expanding rapidly, emissions continue to rise. The ocean climate connection, he warned, is deteriorating, marked by rising temperatures, accelerating sea level rise, glacier melt, coral bleaching, and growing plastic pollution. He also pointed to the threat of mass displacement from vulnerable river deltas. He emphasized the importance of civil society perspectives, momentum and insights to accelerate progress and increase global attention on ocean climate and biodiversity action. On the sidelines of the conference, the Secretary General held a number of bilateral meetings. We shared the readouts of those meetings with you. Turning to the worsening emergency in Gaza, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs says that the crisis has reached unprecedented levels of despair as people continue to go hungry across Gaza. Many are forced to risk their lives in search of food, as we receive more reports of people being killed and injured near non un distribution sites. According to the International Committee of the Red Cross, just this morning, twenty nine casualties arrived at the ICRC Field Hospital in West Ruffa, eight of whom were dead. Almost all had explosive trauma wounds, with two others admitted with gunshot wounds. The UN REID rates that civilians must always be protected. No person anywhere should be forced to choose between risking one's life and feeding one's family. Fuel stocks in Gaza are critically low, putting further strain on critical services and humanitarian operations. Over the weekend, some two hundred and sixty thousand liters of fuel were looted in northern Gaza. Prior to this, the UN had repeatedly attempted to reach these stocks to retrieve them, but these attempts were denied by Israeli authorities. Since the fifteenth of May, the missions to retrieve this fuel were denied by Disraeli authorities fourteen times. Our attempts to reach fuel supplies in Ruffa and the south of Gaza also continue to be denied. The UN warrants that unless a solution is found in the coming days, the entire aid operation could come to a standstill. Since the Israeli authorities allowed limited amounts of aid to enter Gaza on nineteenth of May, the UN and our partners have only been able to collect about four thousand, six hundred metric tons of wheat flour from the Karrem Shalom crossing. Most of it was taken by desperate, starving people before the supplies reached their destinations. In some cases, the supplies were looted by armed gangs. We reiterate that Israel, as the occupying power, bears responsibility with regards to public order and safety in Gaza. That should include letting in far more essential supplies through multiple crossings and routes to meet humanitarian needs and help reduce looting. Our partners working on food security in Gaza estimate that between eight thousand and ten thousand metric tons of wheat flour is required to reach all families across the strip with at least a single bag of flour to ease the pressure on markets and reduce the saspiration alongside other diverse food supplies. Beyond this, the sustained and unrestricted flow of aid into Gaza must resume as soon as possible. Over the weekend, there were no missions to collect supplies from the Cream Shalom crossing. The Israeli authorities informed us that the crossing would remain closed on Friday and Saturday. We also continue to face major impediments that hamper our ability to conduct these operations. These impediments include unacceptably dangerous routes, a severe shortage of vetted drivers, and delays, with our teams having to wait often for hours for military activities to pause. Today, the UN is leading a mission to deliver supplies that entered via Krem Shalom to Gaza City. That movement is still ongoing, so we won't have more to share before tomorrow. Meanwhile, in the West Bank, operations by the Israeli forces in the north have continued over the past week, destroying roads and disrupting Palestinian's access to central services. Dun and our Humaniteian partners continued to respond, including by providing water, sanitation and hygiene assistance to tens of thousands of displaced Palestinians in the northern West Bank. Turning to Lebanon, the Office for the Coronation of Humanchean Affairs remains gravely concerned by the humanitarian impact of ongoing military activities on civilians, including at the wake of Israel's air strikes on Beirut's southern suburbs late last Thursday, just ahead of Idealaza. Additional strikes were recorded in the southern village of Ainicana that same night. Thousands of residents from the densely populated neighborhoods targeted by the Israeli air strikes on June fifth fled their homes following displacement orders. This marks the fourth such strike on Beirut Since the cessation of hostilities came into effect in November twenty twenty four. Civilians in Lebanon continued to be affected by Israeli military operations, exacerbating protection concerns, impeding the safe return of displaced people, hindering humanitarian access, and further driving needs along the Blue Line. Hostilities of prison on a near daily basis, including artillery, shelling, demolitions, and air strikes, particularly in areas where the Israeli Army maintains a military presence and has erected physical barricades and warning signage. Preliminary official estimates by the Beirut Area Reconstruction Committee indicate extensive damage from the airstrikes, including to a school for people with disabilities. Nine residential buildings were completely destroyed, while more than seventy sustained partial damage. Some one hundred and fifteen housing units were destroyed, reportedly resulting in the displacement of about three hundred families who have been hosted by relatives. Continued military operations by Israel in Lebanon remain a driver of humanitarian needs, particularly in the south. According to the International Organization for Migration, more than eighty two thousand people remained displaced across the country, while over nine hundred and eighty one thousand people have returned to their communities of origin. This morning, the head of our Office for Central Africa, Yunoka Abdu Abari, spoke by video conference to the Security Council. He first highlighted progress accomplished in the past months, including in Chad, which concluded its political transition and in Gabon where progress towards full restoration of the constitutional order was achieved. But against this backdrop, he also highlighted the impact of budgetary constraints on humanitarian operations, notably in Chad, with the twenty twenty five Humanitarian Response Plan is currently funded at only nine point three percent, compared with nineteen point five percent at the same time last year. Turning to the work of his office, mister Abari said the current financial situation is impacting his office and forcing him and his team to rethink their plans and working methods in a context where several electoral processes are planned in the region this year and in twenty twenty six, Mister Abarri said the countries of the region are resolutely committed to the principles and values of the United Nations as well as to the Pact for the Future. He called on Security Council member for their continued support, particularly at this critical time and turning to Northeast Nigeria, Emergency Relief Coordinator Tom Fletcher has released six million dollars from the Central Emergency Response Fund or SERF to respond to the worst malnutrition crisis to hit the region in five years. Mister Fletcher stress that we need to get food to those in ursient need and get systems in place to reduce the risk of future crises. Our colleagues from the Office for the Coordination of Humanitaing Affairs are deeply concerned about the impact of escalating food insecurity in Borno, Ademawa and Yobe states in the northeast of the country. During the lean season between June and August this year, one million children under five in these areas are at risk of severe acute malnutrition. That's double last year's figure and the highest number in at least five years. The new funding from SERF will help partners meet the most urgent nutrition and health needs of vulnerable people in Northeast Nigeria, particularly women and children. Our humanitarian colleagues note that it comes at a critical time, as brutal funding cuts by key donors disrupt humanitarian response efforts in Borno, Adamawa, and Yoba states. These cuts mean humanitarians no longer have the capacity to prevent a further worsening of the situation. Just over a month ago, the UN and the Government of Nigeria launched a plan for the lean season that seeks one hundred and sixty million dollars for two million people with life saving assistance. That's it for me. Do we have any questions, yes, Deji.
Speaker 9: Actually several questions. Last before last weekend, it's been reported by New York Times and multiple outsource that Israeli Prime Minister Nitan Yahoo said Israel is arming the opposition in Gaza against Hamas. Would that solve the problem of the situation in Gaza? To give more guns in.
Speaker 8: There It's clear that what Gaza needs leased is more our ammunition. What we need, and we've said this over and over again, is a lasting ceasefire, the release of all hostages and unimpeded humanitarian assistance. Having more guns, having more armed parties increases the risk to the population.
Speaker 9: And follow up another question, Greg Thumberg and the ship, the charity ship has been detained by Israeli authority. I don't know what's the position of the securucior general on this incident.
Speaker 8: Well, you're aware that prior to the flotilla traveling into the area, our main concern was about the safety of those on board the ship. As far as we're aware, the people on board the Madeline appeared to have been unharmed and we hope that that continues. Obviously, we'll continue to monitor this situation. Yes, Adler.
Speaker 4: For HUNDA. Reports circulating in Israeli media that the US is thinking of pulling its support from UNIFOL. Have you heard anything, Does n have any comment, Well.
Speaker 8: We haven't actually heard anything about this. I mean, we're aware of the media reports, but as you know, the mandate of the UN Interim Force in Lebanon, and indeed of all un missions is in the hands of the Security Council, and we'll leave it to the members of the Security Council to determine the future of the mission. Obviously, the work that UNIFIL has done since the nineteen seventies speaks for itself, has been a very crucial component to the safety and the stability of southern Lebanon. You saw from the note I just read that in fact, the unrest and activity across the Blue Line continues even now, so the situation has not returned to a position of stability. But having said that, the current mandate goes till the end of August, and we'll have to see what discussions the Security Council has. Yes, please, based on.
Speaker 10: Just a follow up on the flotilla, So Honesty International has described the interception of the flotilla as illegal and that the Israel has basically flaunted ic j rulings by intercepting it and also its obligations as the occupying power. Is this a position that the UN shares well.
Speaker 8: I just talked about what Israel's position as an occupying power entails. I mean to reiterate, it's it's very clear that it bears responsibility for the safety of the population. It bears responsibility to making sure that essential supplies get in to meet you manage an AID and so we will hold them to that. Above and beyond that. What we have made clear and the Secretary General has said this repeatedly, is that humanitarian aid must be able to enter Gaza swiftly and its scale to reach all people in need, wherever they are in the strip. That is something that the activists on the Madeline we're also talking about, and this is something that deserves to be at the forefront of international attention. There's two million people and we've said that the entire population of Gaza is at risk of hunger. That's an overwhelming amount of humanitarian need and we need to have this dealt with as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: The show has been produced by Depictions Media. Please contact us at Depictions dot media for more information.