Speaker 1: You're listenings can't fly AM six forty The Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f.
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Hey my on I.
Speaker 1: Hand on it right here.
Speaker 3: Okay, good morning everybody. I can't hear myself from the headset for some reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, morning, everybody handle here on a Monday morning.
Speaker 3: June second, Yes, June.
Speaker 1: Starts summer officially, year is a July to start summer officially?
Speaker 4: Well, it's June twentieth summer.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you got that solstice where you know, people dance around bushes and things and where you know, the the druids, you know, druids.
Speaker 2: Being clearly wear the druids.
Speaker 3: No, they wear that those white things. You know Stonehenge.
Speaker 1: It's you ever go to stoneh and you really are looking for the people who dance around, you know, with you know, cutting off chicken heads and you know, chicken blood flying all over the place.
Speaker 4: And do you know that you can't go do that anymore?
Speaker 1: Yah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know they put the fence around Stonehenge. Bastards.
Speaker 4: That's why we didn't go visit stoneh.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, it's just it is a waste.
Speaker 1: Now you just have a fence around it and you can't dance around stone hinge.
Speaker 3: You actually used to be able to walk through stonehenge.
Speaker 4: I know, wouldn't that be the cool part of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great. And then they and and people pretended they were druids would do that too. That was the fun part where you look at the lunatics going through there and uh, you know, chanting things and there are no bushes around there, but uh, it's.
Speaker 3: It's on the it's on the Salisbury Steak plane. You know that, don't you.
Speaker 2: Oh boy?
Speaker 5: The in Machu Pichu, that's one of the things that I loved about it is that there's no fencing.
Speaker 2: You just walk. No, you just walk in the grass and hanging out.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to get in, I mean they have an entrance, but yeah, you just there.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: You know, it's pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: And people hike for four days of hiking the Macha Picchi, they're out of their minds.
Speaker 2: And they have a bus. Much easier, much yeah, much easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, you fly into Cusco, where you instantly go into the death zone because it's eleven thousand feet Cousco and they have oxygen in the hotel rooms.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I remember Costco. My wife got pretty heavy altitude sickness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so did Barbara, very sick. Okay, let me say hello to everybody real quickly. Amy, Good morning, Hi, Bill, Hi. Who did not go to Stonehenge, which is a waste of time?
Speaker 4: Now, we did not. We went to the White Cliffs of Dover instead.
Speaker 3: Oh that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Those you don't need. Those don't have walls or fences around them. By the way, you can look up the Salisbury Steak planes because that's where Stonehenge is without the steak part.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, good morning.
Speaker 2: Good morning Willie Wolf happy.
Speaker 1: Right, happy Monday. Kno, Good morning Bill, Hey, will Good morning morning Bill, mister horizontal stripe shirt man. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: How are you okay? And just shook her head. Good morning Bill, Good morning Hey. Before we dive into the news, a couple of things This Saturday coming up, we're going to do We're gonna have a great time at the Anaheim White House. We don't know that, Yeah you do, because anytime I go to the Anaheim White House to eat, I have a good time.
Speaker 2: I don't have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what we're doing, if you haven't heard yet, is we are inviting five people and their guests a plus one to join us us being the entire Morning team Saturday night, and we're going to have dinner at the Anaheim White House.
Speaker 3: The food is simply amazing and we are going to have the time of our lives.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna get a private room and we'll all be able to talk to one another.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a fun event.
Speaker 1: Now we are probably not going to do ask Handle anything on Friday morning because all the phone calls are coming in for the contest, which is great. And the way you get into the contest, the way you enroll I guess, the way you apply the what's the word I'm looking for?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: Sign up for try to win?
Speaker 1: Yeah, joined the contest anyway, you go to the enter enters A good word thank you?
Speaker 3: Is? You go to did I say hello to you?
Speaker 5: Kono?
Speaker 3: I think I did.
Speaker 1: My memory's already gone. That You go to the iHeartRadio app and then click on the bill Handle show, which only during the course of the show can you do that, and then on to the microphone in the upper right hand corner, and tell us either why you should have dinner with us or why you want to have dinner with us.
Speaker 3: That's it, those two questions.
Speaker 1: And please don't oh because I love the show, because I've been listening for such a long time, I don't want to hear Oh, I grew up with your show, crapp ole, don't want to hear it.
Speaker 3: And here's what happens.
Speaker 1: We'll get some of the better calls we've already done a few, played a few, and then all those names will go into a hat and we pull out five. So you can continue doing that during the course of the show if you'd like to be invited, and we are going to. By the way, this is just an excuse to eat at the Anaheim White House. You know that I'll come up with any excuse to eat there and not have to pay, So I'm fine with that. Oh, I forgot to tell you. If you win, you get to pay for our dinner.
Speaker 5: What a lot of entries were like Listen, I don't even care about the show.
Speaker 2: I'm just broke and want a free meal.
Speaker 3: See that's good.
Speaker 1: See that's good stuff, all right, you know that's not bad, all right?
Speaker 3: So we had that going on.
Speaker 1: If you still want to call and ask Candle anything, I'd love to have you do that, but everybody is so hard up for a free meal.
Speaker 3: And by the way, it really is worthwhile to go there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it is probably my most most dis favorite restaurant, sit down restaurant, designation resident, resident restaurant.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it, guys, I've got plenty to cover.
Speaker 2: Boy, what a week broke? What did you just stroke out on the air?
Speaker 3: What I just do?
Speaker 2: Designation a.
Speaker 3: Designation restaurant?
Speaker 2: Yeah, destination restauran.
Speaker 3: Yeah that too.
Speaker 1: It's a designation restaurant that is also a destination restaurant.
Speaker 3: I think that is.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's true.
Speaker 3: The dog Linds is coming down with the dogs. By the way.
Speaker 2: Uh, you've got to get trumpets or something.
Speaker 3: But I know, I know it's this one's loud. This is loud, and I left the door.
Speaker 1: Open to all right, anyway, are you ready for the designation show we're about to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, was a dog, it'd be put down.
Speaker 1: I know. I don't management as they've already stopped telling us what to do on the show.
Speaker 3: They've given up the ghost. You know that don't you.
Speaker 1: See now the elevator is going down. See you have to call it to go up. Uh, and then it has to be called then you have to take it down. So that's what you're hearing in the background. You know, it generally only happens once.
Speaker 4: Do you take the elevator down in the morning.
Speaker 1: I do because I'm my foot I'm in a boot, right, I'm in a boot, and I get my pin out on Friday and then I'll be able to walk down.
Speaker 2: You just call it up to the top and stay at the top.
Speaker 3: No, it's a weird. Yeah you can, and I do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know why it went twice and should only have gone down one, not because I took it down this morning and then it to No, I can't send it back up. It doesn't have It's not a blast oh five thousand A lame.
Speaker 3: Oh, it is not a lame. It is not a lame.
Speaker 1: It's one of those pneumatic tube elevators. They're really neat, like all the pieces. No, yeah, yeah, but a big but a big version.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it looks like?
Speaker 1: A transporter beam sort of an enclosed transporter device on Star on Star Trek it's around the cylinder plexiglass. They just go up and down. You can take a look at it.
Speaker 3: Look under pneumatic elevators on the U just.
Speaker 1: To do a Google search and you'll see what they look like. Very very neat, very neat things. And I've put one in and the reason I put in my last house too, because what happens with people by two this is think about this for a moment and it makes sense. First of all, if you have a foot problem, I mean a real foot problem, I would have to be sleeping downstairs for two weeks with my foot surgery because I couldn't walk up the stairs.
Speaker 3: That's for starters.
Speaker 1: Second of all, is we all live in two story homes. Very few people live in single story homes.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I got to tell you.
Speaker 1: People get old and when you hit a certain age, which I hit yesterday, it's you have to move.
Speaker 3: You can't walk up the stairs anymore.
Speaker 1: When people get old, it's just difficult and you have to sell your house.
Speaker 3: And with an elevator, you don't you stay there. And I'm pardoned.
Speaker 2: Oh it's not his birthday, No, No, what did you.
Speaker 4: Say about yesterday?
Speaker 1: He was just getting old and I said yesterday it happened to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do let's do it. Handle on the news, Amy Neil and me lead.
Speaker 1: Story as horrible story coming out of Gaza. Thirty people killed, hundreds wounded, and it was at an aid center in Israel. Course said, oh no, we didn't do it, and basically everybody else said that Israel did it, and thirty one people have been killed. What Israel is doing to the Palestinians, the people of Gaza is unconscionable, unconscionable.
Speaker 3: I am surprised that Israel.
Speaker 1: Has not yet been designated a pariah country, where other countries have just stopped having relations with them, pulling ambassadors and just cutting off, cutting off connections with the country.
Speaker 3: Just shocked.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of it has to do with that Gaza is controlled by terrorists and that's what they're about, and the fight against Hamas is legitimate. The problem is that the Palestinians live there, and over fifty thousand have been killed. We don't know how many are fighters, probably about a third.
Speaker 3: Which means two thirds of those people killed.
Speaker 1: Two thirds of fifty four thousand people are a lot of men, women and children who are innocent.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: We'll come back and then we'll really dive into the news and I'll take a ride up and down the elevator if you don't mind.
Speaker 2: Oh, I got a new name for your for your house.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, oh good, don't we'll do that when we come back.
Speaker 2: No, I'll do it right now. But what its perishing palace?
Speaker 3: The perishing palace.
Speaker 2: Because you got an elevator so you could die there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's not bad. We'll tell that's another thing. We'll have a contest with that too. It's the Bill Handle show.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm here, I'm here. I was talking to Linz all right. She came in. We were talking out so totally distracted.
Speaker 1: We were talking about her coming down the elevator in the morning, and she suggested Cono that when you hear the elevator, you break out in some kind of coronation music.
Speaker 3: That was her idea, you know, as we make a fan fare.
Speaker 1: As Amy pointed out the elevator this morning and started laughing.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, oh yeah, we have a show to do.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: We're in the middle of the new aren't we.
Speaker 1: Yes, Okay, well, there you are, all right, Uh, let's go ahead and do that more.
Speaker 3: Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and me.
Speaker 6: Ukraine may be down, but it's not out. It hit Russia in a big way.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Ukrainian forces used drones to destroy dozens of Russian warplanes deep inside Russian territories. So what they did this is absolutely fascinating, is they had basically what looked like mobile homes on the back of trucks and in them were hidden all these drones. And so as they got closer to where the military targets were, Ukraine opened up the roofs and the drones flew out and attacked.
Speaker 1: They looked like they were basically containers on college on trucks like you were describing, and it wasn't they well they opened it up, but it was remote control. They the roofs were mechanized, so someone pulled the remote control, the tops rolled off somehow, and the drones all took off and went for this airfield.
Speaker 2: So modern day trojan horse.
Speaker 3: Exactly what that was.
Speaker 1: And a third of the Russian air force of those bombers were put out, forty of them forty big time. It cost billions of dollars and years to replace them.
Speaker 4: And the drones were like something you could they.
Speaker 3: Were modified five hundred dollars drones Amazon.
Speaker 1: So you take out an eight hundred million dollar bomber five hundred million dollar bomber with a five hundred dollars drone.
Speaker 3: Okay, war has gotten interesting? Hasn't it work?
Speaker 2: Smarter not harder?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A lot of controversy surrounding this.
Speaker 5: A transgender athlete best did the competition Saturday at the California High School Track and Field Competition to take home the gold and the girl's high jump and triple jump at a meat Obviously, people have a lot of different views about this. The individual's name ab Hernandez finished the high jump with a mark of five feet seven inches one point seven meters with no failed attents, but there were co winners, is it Jelene Jelene Wetteland and Leilanie.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Exactly, well said this is you remember they changed the rules. We talked about this last last week. Where this track and field you have the winner who if it's trans, if she usually of course he has to be a she because it's women's sports. Is a trans then the non trans net the next one up is also a winner, so there are two winners.
Speaker 3: If a trans wins, it's it's insanity.
Speaker 6: I don't understand how that work though, because I thought with the high jump, you keep going until you right well clear the highest turtles.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't understand because well, first of all, she would have won, and then they have to go back to you know what do we do.
Speaker 3: We follow the CIF rules and do rules. I don't understand any of it.
Speaker 1: I really don't. I'm waiting for the gender relief parties where you have, you know, these explosions of both blue and pink talcum powder flying in the air because and you say, my kid's a hermaphrodite. It's just it's become completely crazy.
Speaker 3: I would do that, by the way, or okay, let's move on.
Speaker 5: So there's got to be some we're not stupid people, there's got to be some way to think through this so that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's real easy.
Speaker 1: Trans women cannot compete because the physiologically they are different.
Speaker 3: So that one is different.
Speaker 5: But if they're athletes, they should be able to compete somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Again, in the sports, you have paralegal or you have the Paralympics, which didn't exist before. Yeah, those are just people want to be lawyers. They have their own, but Paralympics they have. And I don't know why you can't have, you know, LGBTQ Olympics.
Speaker 4: Well, you wouldn't have LGBTQ.
Speaker 3: It just for trans well not necessarily, you have a trans division of it.
Speaker 6: Right, but I mean if you're if you're lesbian, you can still run with the women, right.
Speaker 3: Well you yeah, you have to run with the women because you're dear.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't be an LGBTQ category.
Speaker 3: But no, but you have let me put it this way.
Speaker 1: You you would have day runners right because they're it's a disadvantage. They're running in two two's and they have bows around their neck and it's just not the same.
Speaker 4: Uh no, no.
Speaker 2: It's visual two twos.
Speaker 4: Let's just move on, OKAYU.
Speaker 6: On a much more serious subject, Terror and Bolder, A group was out supporting the release of hostages held by Hamas on a pedestrian mall in Boulder, Colorado. When someone comes up and hurls what appears to be like a homemade flamethrower or Molotov cocktail or something at the group basically burns them. Eight people are injured, four men, four women. We don't know their condition, but we know it is at least very serious. The guy was yelling free Palestine and was taken into custody without incident to police.
Speaker 3: Did you see the video.
Speaker 1: They have a video of him with the two bottles in his hands, one in each hand, glass bottles, clearly which had yasoline in him because some flammable liquid, and he's screaming, and they have the video of him doing it, doesn't show him throwing the bottles or somehow igniting the fla flammable liquid on someone.
Speaker 3: I mean, two people are in real trouble there too. Medically. It's pretty horrific, to say the least.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna take a break and come back and we'll engage in more Handle on the News.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody. Handle here.
Speaker 1: It is a Monday morning, June two, as we're getting close to summertime.
Speaker 3: Solstice is at twenty first, right Amy.
Speaker 4: It's actually on Friday seventh, the twentieth.
Speaker 3: Oh the twentieth this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, ye, fair enough, all right, let's do it. More Handle on the News with Amy neil Me.
Speaker 5: All right, this is scary if you think about it. Law enforcement investigation is underway. They're looking into the fact that somebody tried to impersonate penal President Donald Trump's chief of staff, Susie Wiles, and I guess they were writing, texting and doing things to senators, being in contact with governors, top u, US business executives and very well known figures that received these text messages phone calls from a person who claimed to be the chief of staff. So you could see where that would be problematic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some of them, some of the recipients said, we knew something was wrong, you know, just the way the messages were written. So you know, I don't know how much damage was done, but yeah, you know, you don't want to do that chief of staff to the President of United States, And all of a sudden, these fake texts and emails are going out.
Speaker 3: I can see the problem now.
Speaker 6: Well, and they're using AI too, so it sounds like Susie Wise.
Speaker 3: Just sounds it.
Speaker 1: And when you you know, but when you see a text that goes out to one of the department heads from Susie Willis's what are you wearing today, sailor?
Speaker 3: You know you know something is wrong.
Speaker 5: You know, if we we were trying to imitate you, we'd have to type in the prompt to do malaprops and misspeaks and excellent.
Speaker 6: If these companies have pride, they're not owing it this Pride Month. A lot of retail chains and brands are keeping quiet. Companies treading lightly, avoiding big campaigns that have been done in the past that you may remember, windows with rainbow flags and LGBTQ themed T shirts and coffee mugs at the entrances target. They're scaling that way back this year, wary of provoking right wing customers and activists. And they say they also are refering reprint reprisals from the Trump administration. A lot of businesses too, say they're tightening their advertising spending because of economic concern.
Speaker 1: But how much of it is the I'd love to see the proportion of the decrease of spending total relative to the LGBTQ the pride advertising they do. You know what's interesting is over nine percent of the population now identifies as LGBTQ. It's a lot of people. That is a lot of people, and these companies are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Speaker 3: Which way do you go? You know, pride used to do be a thing.
Speaker 1: Now good luck now because the power of the right wing, which is what we're going through at this point in life.
Speaker 5: It's a shame because there was a lot of progress, and I think the trans question is a hard one to swallow across the board from people.
Speaker 1: Notice you use the word progress. There'd be a lot of people who disagree with that. Describing what was going in that direction is progress. They would be calling it regressive. Move back back to the anti Bible.
Speaker 3: Days right now. I just men were men and women were women.
Speaker 5: No, I can show you some. I can show you gays in the Bible. Really absolutely who was gay in the Bible? There were I'm not a big Bible guy. I don't read the Bible, so I just read.
Speaker 2: You know, for this man, there's man on man and woman on woman sex in scripture referenced.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Seriously they could.
Speaker 5: If they made an accurate movie of the Bible, there would be no Christian that would be allowed to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, he said the Old Testament, man, I love the God of the Old Testament.
Speaker 3: That was one rough guy. Uh you know you went on his rough side.
Speaker 1: Man, you die, you were a slave, or you died, or your wife became a pillar of salt and your otherwise became seasoned pepper.
Speaker 2: But you get some tequila and live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know that with your wife. All right.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry to have to be the one to read this.
Speaker 5: I feel like this is going to cause problems between handle and me. So US Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior, going after all the things that cause chronic health prices in America or whatever. He thinks zero calories, zero had sugar, But experts say diet coke is not generally considered a healthy beverage.
Speaker 2: All kinds of studies show.
Speaker 5: May increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. We hey, we witnessed this on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: News will suck down his coke. When you were saying that, you know what.
Speaker 5: They're saying, though, This is about the sweetener, the artificial I.
Speaker 3: Know what I use. Asked me. You know, I do nothing but drink aspartain my iced tea, and I just.
Speaker 2: Think about That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: So they're going after diet coke, but I put artificial sweeteners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Esprestle each day. Yeah, how is that different?
Speaker 3: It's not And okay, go on, I just don't want to hear that because it's just not true.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I didn't upset your buddy.
Speaker 3: You know, certain things.
Speaker 1: There's a lie, you know, I you know when I hear fake news, the term fake news.
Speaker 3: You know, I am. Come on, except once in a while, it's true.
Speaker 5: Yeah that it is, no bias, no bias. Okay, Ham and cheese sandwiches will kill you too.
Speaker 3: That's true. That's true. Amy, one last one before we take a break.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: So there's a new protective net up at Dodgers Stadium. But it's not for foul balls. It's for falling concrete. The Dodgers put some netting around a small section of the upper deck at the stadium on Saturday after a chunk of concrete fell on a fan during Friday, the night's game against the Yankees. It hit the fan from above in section ten of the reserve level, right along the first baseline. The fan did receive medical attention, but then said, I'm okay. Stayed for the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: So are we going to have a falling concrete day at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Now they put net up.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a shame. All right, let's take a break, we'll come back. Let's finish handle on the news with Amy neil Me.
Speaker 5: In the category of rotten hell. California State Parole Board recommended parole for Patricia Crenwinkle, a follower of the cult leader Charles Manson.
Speaker 2: This was on Friday. This is the second time.
Speaker 5: She's seventy seven years old now serving a life sentence in California Institution for Women in her role of the killings of the pregnant actor Sharon Tate and four other people there in August of nineteen sixty nine. And it looks like, you know, this has to go through the governor's review and the parole board hearing and all of that. But this can take up to one hundred and fifty days or so. And last time Gavin k Newso gave it the big thumbs down, and I hope.
Speaker 2: He does the same thing this time.
Speaker 3: Well, he's the way it works. Parole Board says, yep, she's ready for parole.
Speaker 1: We're okay with it, and then goes to the governor and the governor says no, thank you, and can deny it. And this is one of the situations where it's one of the things parole board does is say yay your name based on and usually whether they're still a risk to society. Well, you got a seventy seven year old or a seventy five year old, there's no risk anymore of going out and killing people.
Speaker 3: But sometimes the.
Speaker 1: Crime is so horrific that there's just no chance, there's no thank you. You're going to spend the rest of your life in jail, especially someone like this who was originally given the death sentence for the murder. I mean, these murders were heinous. This isn't your normal just killing people, part of the Manson murders. And so is she going to be let out? Yeah? Probably men, she's been in prison for so long. I told you I went to the Manson trials. I went to a couple of.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: No graduation for you.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty five class president at MIT was barred from going to her graduation ceremony on Friday after she delivered a speech on Thursday denouncing the war in Gaza. It was a commencement event. She will still get her degree, according to mi T, but the class president was supposed to be the speaker at the one MIT commencement ceremony. She took the podium though with a cafia I don't know how to say, yeah, which is a symbol of pro Palestinian solidarity, draped over a graduation robe. But she went on to praise her peers for protesting the war in Gaza and criticized the university's ties to Israel, and then MIT pulled the plug on Yeah.
Speaker 3: They said, no, thank you. You know, we're not going to have that kind of a political statement.
Speaker 1: But you all seen the key of it, particularly that that head garb that is worn by a lot of h in this case the Palestinians. Theirs have a very distinctive head covering. It looks like they went to an Italian restaurant the night before and stole the tablecloth and are now wearing it.
Speaker 4: It's like the red and white and the black and white checkered Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the check I actually have that one. I brought one back from Jordan when I when I visited, right, we went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't get the Palestinian one, but I got the white one, right, because the Saudis wear white.
Speaker 2: And I think I have black black, and.
Speaker 1: They also you can see black certain groups where black. I think Moroccan they wear black and the black Cafiet and the Palestinians have their own. And it's political statement today to say that, and I just said, no politics, it's just not going to happen. Also, being pro Palestinian and not so much, you know, that doesn't really fly. What they did during the Vietnam War. I think there were people that also graduates who you know, wore t shirts and things, and I think they got nailed to saying no, you're not going to down the graduation with that. I went down with a hat, that chef's hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, law on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did big.
Speaker 2: Your parents must have been so proud.
Speaker 3: Proud, beyond belief. Do we have that picture, by.
Speaker 2: The way, I've seen it on your post before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do we have it.
Speaker 1: I don't have it at archives. I have to find it and we'll send it out.
Speaker 5: We don't have the bill Handle Photograph archive. If that's what you're wondering.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of bill Handle Archive. You have a lot of archives of everybody.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that there isn't. It's not like you know, Smithsonian or something.
Speaker 1: You know, but you have tons of you know, Conway stuff, and tons of John and Ken stuff.
Speaker 3: You've got plenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't have any room for you.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go. That's something else.
Speaker 2: It's all co belt, all right, Huntington Beach.
Speaker 5: If you were listening to Tavid King earlier in the news, city officials in Huntington Beach enforcing a crackdown on street vending.
Speaker 2: Now this this isn't across the board. They do.
Speaker 5: You can get a permit to do this, selling food, merchandise, these types of things in public, but you can't do it in certain areas. So that on the beach, the Pier, Pacific Coast Highway, downtown district. That's the no no, and they're enforcing it.
Speaker 4: It's been on the books since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that just a permit, and they should make it.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem with this is you got the food vendors that are in brick and mortar stores and you have a taco a little card or.
Speaker 3: Selling hot dogs or selling fruit.
Speaker 1: Now you're talking about interfering with and competing, and I think the way you do it the way you get a permitted, you get a certain location, and it cannot compete. The food cannot compete with what's behind there in a store. That makes all this that makes sense.
Speaker 5: They said the same thing about, you know, the food trucks, because they park icee food trucks park right in front of restaurants.
Speaker 3: Selling the same kind of food.
Speaker 5: Well, not necessarily the exact same, but trust me, in Los Angeles, you can't have a taco cart without being within one hundred feet of a taco you know, brick.
Speaker 1: And mortar restaurant that serves tacos. All right, we're done, guys, Finish feenee.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 1: The environmental law that California passed decades ago. It was considered the most restrictive environmental law. You know, they're getting rid of it. They said, okay, we're done with that. It makes no sense, and I'll share that with you when we come back.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app