Speaker 1: From workhouse connect in aj Benze.
Speaker 2: Fame.
Speaker 1: Uh, he'd liked to be walked on a leash and play really dirty, kinky sex games.
Speaker 2: He's uh the guy put the cock in the peacock network.
Speaker 1: Okay, bitch, hey, everybody, aj Benzi here, what's fame is it?
Speaker 2: Bitch?
Speaker 1: This is your daily Unfiltered podcast for June third, twenty twenty six, six three two o two six. I have now entered my sixty fifth year. Miam Maria would always use that type of logic when it came to birthdays.
Speaker 2: Well, how old?
Speaker 1: Well I was born in nineteen ten, it's nineteen seventy, so my fifty first year a Mary year?
Speaker 2: Fifty?
Speaker 1: What the fuck your fifty first year? We were also on your mother's stomach for nine months. But well, you're gonna add down on two. That's the way I do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the way she does it. You had that. Everybody roll her eyes. But she made it past sixty four born?
Speaker 1: Did she ever still walking up and down the bull of everybody knowing Mary walking to work, walking to she take me in a carriage? Shoot, I mean took the kids to Manhattan from Brooklyn. They didn't walk, but they ever had a lot of energy, big calves. My friends Freddie Marine would always say, look at the calves. I wish I could have had Mary's calves. We gotta do some some exercise on a cave.
Speaker 2: So quick health update.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm officially old man, I got even more pills to take. Not the fun pills, just the pills to keep you moving, keep you alive. He doesn't know what to fight. I'm you know, do you think of an antibiotic? I said, well, you tell me. He says, well, I'm looking at he did all these tests on me.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I said before, my liver and kidney numbers are fine. I said, you maybe you want to take that again.
Speaker 2: It's not a fine.
Speaker 1: They're right, But then when it's supposed to be, he says, you're low. Your platelet's low, you're white and blood platelet's a low. So you redeem me slightly. You need if you've got to figure this out, and he says, you know, you know, I'll give you. I said, can I get to be twelve shot? So he gave me his be twelve shot? And if you try benefits, it makes too tired, doc, you know, I said, I just feel every like I'm tired and I feel sata, he said, I know the words to My father was half Italian. I remember we took me to the track and he would always call the dumb people's the slow people's do noads.
Speaker 2: I said, that's the way I feel. I got out of the car. Do I have my keys? My while in my pocket? Wait?
Speaker 1: Let me check it's my chapter. It's like ridiculous, But that's old age.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think it just hits us after years of just banging out life, especially the way I did. So I'm happy to be here, uh you know, but it was an interesting few days and I don't feel nearly as bad as I did. So whatever I'm taking seems to be doing the trick. And you know, I'll keep my fingers crossed. But I'm glad to be back talking to you guys again. And obviously today's a special day. It's my birthday. Many of you have called, texted and email, which is really special.
Speaker 2: I never really what do you? You know? What can I bow you?
Speaker 1: I don't want not not you guys family, but I don't want gifts and fucking gifts. Come on, I'm too old for a gift. You know, so uh, I like, you know, I like to see my family. I like to see the kids and uh, you know, a nice meal, you know, some emails, some calls from ex'es and loved ones.
Speaker 2: That's great. And my buddy's called I love. That chucks me up a little bit because sometimes that's the strongest love. You know.
Speaker 1: The people that you went through life with, went crazy with, railed against, screamed dad, were tended to all those different emotions. The fact that we can be this age and still you know, reach out to one another is special. And look, I might get a little cry baby ish toward the end of the show, just relaxed. There's no alcohol in my system. I know that goes around the fucking uh what do you call it? The laundry pole. Just everything's fine. I'm just it's my birthday. I think at Jackie June second, Johnny Boy, Calvani June second, dog Gypsy June second, there's a lot of my mind, like I remember those people and when they when they're dead, it's it's ten times worse. So I'm not gonna talk too much about that, but I do want to say that every birthday Johnny Boy would always play.
Speaker 2: He would just call me, not even talk. He would just play.
Speaker 1: The Beatles song you say, it's your birthday, Dan, and it's my birthday too, yeah Dan, And they would just hang the funnel.
Speaker 2: I'd see him later that night. But that was our greeting.
Speaker 1: And every June second, Jackie and I would go to Magiano's where he worked, and and then we'd have a nice steak and lobster or whatever the fuck we want, you know. And uh, that was our birthday gift to one another. Rosalie calls me here, well, how did the doctor go? What are you doing? At a long conversation old men talk? I said, I got so many fucking pills in the medicine cabinet. Now people would I used to have a few bottles just for fun. Now let's all stay alive pills. And uh, she said, I know we're all there a jay blah blah bah. So she goes, I send you something. It's gonna come Thursday, all right, Should I.
Speaker 2: Tell you what it is? I said, why don't even buy something? Yeah? I don't. I got too many clothes. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I wear a T shirt. I wear black T shirts. That's all I wear in shorts. Now, it's not that I'm gonna tell you. All right, go ahead tell me. I got you two frozen pies from John's Peeker Bleaker Street, our favorite people, sausage and garlic. Johnny Brow he was just hanging the phone or be after you say it's your birthday, and Jack and I would have dinners together.
Speaker 2: That was wonderful. But other than that, I don't want.
Speaker 1: Oh, so Rosie says, I brought you two pizzas from John's Pizza from Bleaker Street, our favorite pie, sausage and garlic. I said, oh, row, those are expensive. I know what that costs. She did it once in Chicago, and uh, that means won't be than anything my past. That's where I got the nickname Pope. John's was something and all my family goes there. Our great friend Joey Calucci took us there in the early days in the eighties. Never I never heard of a pizza, but just sold pies and those slices. And when Jack was really ill and it's slung Kettering Hospital in Manhattan. It's a tough operation for cancer. And Joey was there because they're like best friends forever. We love their family and so the docs says, look, he's fine, he's gonna be resting for Oh. So when they took the surgery, the three of us go down to John's Pizza from fifty, I don't know, fifty eighth Street all the way to the village to get sausage and garlic pie. It's always like, you're gonna love this pie. We stink of garlic so bad. When we get back to the hospital, Jack's being wheeled into his room. Doctor says, he's gonna be fine. You could talk to him. He's got a rest for all. So we've been down to talk to him Jack.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: The doctor says, she's gonna be fine, and he goes. He goes, what the fuck did you eat? This is right out of surgery. Anesthesia is still percolating his system. But that pie came with to sink my teeth into it. It's gonna be tremendous that those are gifts that in sherifish. You know, that's more than anything to me. So anyhow, let me start the show by saying, uh, you know, no matter what I do, I can never get away from all these celebrities talk. You know, don't mind you. I've been at this a long time. Never have celebrities talks so much as that's talking now, because we're getting down to their real personal lives and some people are going right to the edge but not taking you over the edge. And you know me, I don't. I never not give a name, I never not tell a complete story. I give you everything, even when I'm the bad guy, I tell you everything.
Speaker 2: That's just why I am.
Speaker 1: Some people want to get you to the edge and they just leave you there dangling like, Okay, what's the story though?
Speaker 2: Hit that? I hate that shit.
Speaker 1: It's the sound of celebrities voices talking about their lives and they're not giving you the full story.
Speaker 2: It's just grating to me. Gotta wash my hands with them.
Speaker 1: I can't them like Paul Slovino and Raliota and Goodfellas such an Italian thing. I gotta wash my hands. Yet maybe it isn't, but I only hear Italian say it. But if you remember that movie, and if you haven't seen it, go away, because you.
Speaker 2: Have to see that movie.
Speaker 1: And Godfather in Bronxtail and Casino, come on, it's time. But Paul Slovino is talking to Raliota and Ray promises him he's never gonna make money through drugs, as Manfiosa is not gonna do it. He promises no drugs. So Savina's an old school guy, doesn't want drugs around because that's how guys gets how old guys get pinched. So it's no, no, Paulie, I would never do that. And he smacks him in the face and that's not in the script, and you can see Leoda's beautiful blue eyes just perk up and look right right.
Speaker 2: Into the camera. It's scary.
Speaker 1: And he warns him and I'm not getting pinch for this shit the day. I'm too old for this shit. Yeah, PULLI, I got you. But then later on the movie, Leota gets pinched for selling drugs, a lot of drugs. He gets hooked on his own shit and he has to come crawling back to Savina because he's got no money. He needs help, and Savino just listens to the story, reaches in his pocket, gives them all the money. A nice fat bank roll in one pocket is here, take it now. I gotta wash my hands yet, and that's it, and Liota slucks salt, you know, just has to soak away and just walk away like I lost that friend for sucking up. That's how some of these celebrities make me feel. I want to say, I'm washing my hands of you and your bullshit stories. W Britney Spier's got a new hair do today. Kim Kardashian turned her on to her stylist. Now that I have straight she's gonna straighten her life out. These people are so vapid. Why don't you gonna help all the fucking billions you're have?
Speaker 2: In effect, get her.
Speaker 1: Help, take it to your house for a couple of weeks, go on vacation with her. Keep do something, tell her to get back on the meds. No, I'm gonna get you a stylist. Oh Christ, at least her videos might look better, But for God's sake, do something that matters. Imagine know how to drug issue him in the hospital. Mike Canny, bring me a shirt and pairs with my parts? What the fuck is that gonna do for me? Or a free facial when I get out?
Speaker 2: Stupid? I don't know. I don't think they.
Speaker 1: I don't think they know these celebrities, nor do I think they care that whatever. Some of them talk too much. They know they lose fans, so they gotta be careful. It's all about who's following me, how many subscribers you've got. I gotta get this movie done, I gotta get this book published. I gotta be casting them. It's all about who's following me, and that makes them think they're leaders. But then I leaders. So glad, you know, like and they have these opinions. How glad are we that we didn't grow up knowing what Robert Mitcham thought about America, or what Gene Hackman felt of a Vietnam or who Lee Marvin voted for. Well more importantly, what famous man ever exposed himself to I don't know. Jessica Lyang, Deborah Winger, take your pick. So today I see an article Kristen Cavalery. I've always found sexy, even when she was on that stupid show We're going to Beach whatever the fuck out. I just remember her being popular boat then. She always was sexy to me, and still looks good. You know, had some work, got some tits thrown on the body. Everybody does out here. It's no big deal. It's I got a new car, not just to pay the ass. That's why she can't keep it. Man, that's pretty she might be so she and a lot of other celebrities like Hayden Pannetier. A couple of weeks back, they're talking about how famous men tried to bed them.
Speaker 2: I went to a party. Hayden said that.
Speaker 1: My girlfriend said, coming bedroom is somebody who want to meet And the man was in bed and he had just says underwear on.
Speaker 2: I gotta get out of here. Bullshit, honey.
Speaker 1: If the guy was that powerful, you fucked him or you did something else where, you got and you got in there because you know that money from heroes was gonna last forever, or you know Friday night lights whatever that Nashville, that's the one Nashville.
Speaker 2: They're all they're all talking at both sides of their mouths.
Speaker 1: They all are he wanted to bed meet? What a shock in Hollywood. A pretty girl had a powerful man come after it come on to her.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. Now. I've heard everything.
Speaker 1: But these people don't give they don't give a name. They never give a name. They got no balls because they want to keep going to parties. They want to keep giving me invites, you know, or they want to keep having sex with famous men. And then they want those new famous men to think. They kiss and tell, so they just don't care about their stories. They care about how it makes them look. Oh she still wanted Oh men still want it, but don't tell us the man's name. So she says this story in a podcast. I'm not gonna answer the podcast. I think it's called Let's be honest. Who cares? You're probably making three times the money I make doing nothing being a nobody. But whatever, So Cavalary says, I went out twice with a very famous man maybe four years ago. Went to the Sunset Tower Hotel, beautiful restaurant, great place, then at.
Speaker 2: The Beverly Hills Hotel.
Speaker 1: So you have two fucking hotels, honey, that should give you an idea of what this guy wants to do.
Speaker 2: We had really two really great dates. Okay, well good, two of the best dates of my life.
Speaker 1: You would think on the second date they'd have sex if she was that enamored, But okay, whatever, she's a mommy.
Speaker 2: Maybe she felt like, I can't do that. Got a little for the kids. I don't know.
Speaker 1: She says, they got a sweet. Okay, that right there, you got a sweet, So you didn't.
Speaker 2: No, I don't buy it. Did you sleep on the couch? I don't buy it.
Speaker 1: We got a sweet We swam all day. We took showers separately, which I'm all for. I don't like showering. I haven't showered a in one hundred years. I find it so you don't get to write amount of water on you and having sex standing up.
Speaker 2: But that's doesn't work for me.
Speaker 1: No, sholler separately, and then we ate dinner on a patio for the second day.
Speaker 2: Okay, And the mystery man.
Speaker 1: She says, kept bringing up these insecurities about his body that you know that you just want to get over with when you first start dating somebody. At the time, she said, the guy goes out of the blue, he goes, I have a mole on my cock.
Speaker 2: It's not like that bad, but it's it's noticeable. Can I just show it to you? Ye? So he pulls it out, she says, first time I've ever seen it. Lie, Lie, Lie. She has kids.
Speaker 1: Now, kids are gonna read all this shit podcasts and stories that up there forever, so she can't let the kids know she's a Butana, I shouldn't even say that, She's sayingle she could do.
Speaker 2: What the fuck she wants. First time I've seen.
Speaker 1: It, I don't see anything. I think you said. The mark was more flesh code like a white mole, a white molt. Run, get the fuck a white mull and his penis. Get out of there. Didn't do anything with that dick that was in my face. Okay, she's so tough and self assured. She later decided that's probably what he tells every girl to get his thing out of his pants, because once your think is out of your pants, it's pretty common to get intimate.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say it again. They got intimate.
Speaker 1: Put it away, we know, she tells the podcast host, you know what that you know, you know that's what he does to other girls. Okay, so, and this is mean, This is mean, but I think you know, he's kind of known for having a big one, and it wasn't that big. I think that's what the insecurity was really about. Okay, keep bashing, keep bashing, Go ahead, she said, can I be honest with you? Changing out of a swimsuit, he had the flattest ass and the horrible backne scars. We got bigger fish to fry, buddy. That's one of my biggest That was the last time, I have a s arm and she's so.
Speaker 2: Glad she didn't do more than make out with him. You did more.
Speaker 1: She called him bad news, claiming she couldn't have dodged a bigger bullet because he later revealed himself to be a full blown narcissist who wanted to control her.
Speaker 2: But you never talked to him again, he thought, So, how do you know that? I don't get it.
Speaker 1: She won't name this Celeberty says she doesn't want to quote anyone to be able to pinpoint who this could be. We get what that means when you don't want to name, so we understand what you're doing it for. And she's never studied publicly about her dating hit. She never included his name in her dating history. So that's really nice. So you don't want to warn other girls who might date this creepy guy, as you say, he is what upenut a girl?
Speaker 2: Palla women stick together? Feminist feminism? How about me too? Is all that down the drain. Everything about this story is alive. They're all full of shit.
Speaker 1: If my mother could have this stuff, she would say, your sister's asked with this one, which is like, you know, I don't want to hear any more of this crap. And my mother is the main reason why I fell in love with gossip, because she would sit there and lick her fingers through three different newspapers and wrote a Barrett, Liz Smith, Cindy Adams, and she would always talk to me about who went to this, Who's who's having an affair, who's with this one? She loved Hollywood, So I know I talk about it my father confiantly. But if my mother's not reading me gossip pages at the kitchen table, I'm eating cereal, what do I become?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe I'm still the sports rather.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I would never have the stories I have, So thanks Mom, love you, but you know. And then Joy O'Connell, who I like, I like. I know he's a castrated man. I get it. He doesn't want to rock the boat. He's got a ex supermodel wife, Rebecca Romain, two nice daughters who are big liberals, and so is his wife.
Speaker 2: And you know, I make fun of him.
Speaker 1: He's on some of these podcast that they put up on the I don't know, Twitter or whatever one of those platforms, and he's telling the story into a camera to these two guys in the studio and I never I never thought him to be very handsome, but he was. He looked really good, the dungaree jacket on a T shirt, and he was talking really quickly about you know, fifteen.
Speaker 2: I mean, I always I love la. I came to like, I got famous here. I'm in this town. I'm from New York. You know.
Speaker 1: I make a movie and suddenly I'm getting work and I'm fifteen years in. I'm going to parties and we're going to night clubs and I'm having sex with beautiful women. I mean, it was amazing, drinking, it was crazy. And in one night I go to a party and uh, you know, they came after me, and the host like who, he goes, who are the church? Because I don't want to say name. I don't want to say I'm not saying a name. I'm not saying a name. Of course, it's the Church of Scientific Just say the fucking name and I'll tell you the story in a second.
Speaker 2: They came after me. You gotta have balls. They didn't shoot me, they didn't kill me. They don't want you. I know.
Speaker 1: He's got a great living. His wife makes a fortune. He does all himself to you don't want to rock the boat, okay, but where's your manhood? So he goes to a party, big house, and he's like, I'm at a club and a couple of pretty girls are like, hey, we're going to on the after party.
Speaker 2: He's like, let's go in La.
Speaker 1: It's all about the after party or the after hours, because things shut down so early. He's still revenue go at one o'clock in the morning, especially if you start going out to eleven eleven PM.
Speaker 2: You only got two hours and you got three more to go. Yeah, let's go. He goes. We're taking these roads.
Speaker 1: Up to the Hollywood Hills and there's director's signs posted a way to go. And we get to this house, a big gate, big big mansion, and he's like, I don't know if.
Speaker 2: I want to come on, come on, come on, let's come on. That's fine. So he goes in.
Speaker 1: And if you wanted to smoke cigarette, you had to go outside, and he was smoking back then. So he goes to this camp with a bunch of sand in it and he's smoking alone. He said he needed two cigarettes in a row, which I don't have that addiction. So I don't know what that feels like, but he had to do it. And as he's puffing away really strong and wondering what the hell's gonna happen because he kind of feels like you're in a row place, some guy walks up to him and I was like, hey, man, you want a cigarette?
Speaker 2: When smoking is no? I quit that, man, I quit that. Really? How'd you do it?
Speaker 1: He goes the lasers, the lasers, but this is a big scientology thing.
Speaker 2: What do you mean the lazer? He goes, call this number, asks us, and so here's where you go.
Speaker 1: And he does it and he gets this building look like a place where you can get help, you know.
Speaker 2: And the person that comes out is this gorge like he said, she was like a.
Speaker 1: Playboy model, gorgeous, toll curvy, the whole thing, just gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She's got a clipboard and she's like she hands him.
Speaker 1: A bunch of pages to fill out, and all these pages they're asking. He's like, what are you most embarrassed of? What are your biggest desires? Who do you not like? What's the biggest mistakes she made? These are all the things scientology has over you, so that if you want to get out or if you bad, not anybody, they can come back at you with this information and they can make this information public. So he's like, I don't want and he starts to fill out like an idiot. Then he realizes no, no, no, they're not gonna get me, and he tells the girl, listen, I'm not gonna do this.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the helping. He does.
Speaker 1: Gonna here a real doctor, a real specialist to help him. They can need a hypnotiza, but scientologst use lasers. I don't know what the fuck that even means, but I know that when I hung out with Jones Severance for a while, I didn't know she was Scientology, and we had a few dates and go back to her house and I loved her bathroom. Was her bathroom was like a shrine.
Speaker 2: To her, her.
Speaker 1: Modeling pictures, her playboy layouts and naked like big pictures above the tub, and it was just like one of the first houses I was in of somebody famous outside of Robert Evans and Nicholason, of those guys.
Speaker 2: And I was like in awe of this bathroom, and I'm like, God's so fucking cool.
Speaker 1: So I go back outside to the kitchen, with her, and she's washing the fucking kitchen tables, the countertops with a bottle looked like water, but it was vodka. She believed in cleaning with vodka. Now she didn't drink, but that what she cleaned with. She said it was better than typical stuff at the store.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's when she wanted me. I think I was feeling a little sick or something. She asked me to hold those little silver things these guys holding their hand when they get initiated into scientology.
Speaker 2: I figure of the cold.
Speaker 1: I should have looked it up, but I didn't do it because I knew back then, because I'd written about scientology.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, no, Jones was scientilgic.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this. And then we never saw each other again. But she it's a very obviously it's a very weird cult. I mean it's so weird. Tom, Tom Cruise, you never said you're never gonna see Katie Holmes get married again ever, because there's a pack they made, she made, or Tom made with her through Scientology that even though he never sees Surrey, Surry gets a fat, multi, multi multi thousand dollars check every month and that'll go through the rest of her life for her and Katie, as long as Katie never marries again. This is what these people do. This one gets sucked up in your head. So I'm glad Jerry said the story, but just say scientology. He wouldn't say it. That bothers me. I like Tom Hardy was. I love him as an actor, one of my favorite actors. He's off the show mob Land, right, and he was always late on, said he had the problems and he was laid on seconds there, was handing him copy of monologues the day of the shoot.
Speaker 2: And actors don't like to work that way.
Speaker 1: You want to come to work knowing what you're gonna say when you get there the night before, not constant script changes where holy shit, there's a whole new thing going on. You got five minutes to learn that monologue. That's a pain in the ass. That's real work. So he didn't like that, but he said it really got down to brass tacks where Helen Mirren is on the show. I don't like the show. I just love Hardy, But Helen Mirroon's on the show, and she was talking about how important is for these free Palestine marches in her home country of England, and at that point Hardy just looked at her and said, I'm getting the fuck out of it, and he walked out of the shoot the shoot and just never went back. He had a two year contracts. I only like he let them lurch, but he walked out and they reached out to Colin Farrell to portray him. I always say his name was Adris Elba. They both turned it down, so who knows, but at least he said something. At least he started from stuff like I'm not about free Palestine. Fuck you bitch, I'm out good. I know she's the grond dom of Hollywood, but have some nuts. Of course, Tom Hardy is not. You can see his face, not on his face, in his face. Everybody talks and bullshit walks. My father loves saying that. Or money talks and bullshit walks.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 1: My father was a stickler for honesty, no matter how it might have him viewed. And I was starting to think, like all the men I befriended, the famous men, I got friendly with very controversial men who say what the fuck they want to say, whether it's Sean Penn, Nicholson Howard's done, Harvey wants to he sliced alone. I'm forgetting another hundred. They're all the same, Steven Tyler actually go on and on. They're all controversial guys who just tell the truth. If you don't like it, too bad. That's the way I feel. I love that because that's the way my father was, and to me, that's the blueprint for a man. So he didn't care how he was viewed. He was also a man like me who wore every emotion on his sleeve. One of my one of my patrons, sent me a note. I just saw Rocky Bubble. He was so good in that movie. You should go out from all rolls. You were really great. Thank you very much. I appreciate that. But Hollywood's change, and I'm a straight white conservative, anti trans forget it.
Speaker 2: It's just I'll never get past the steps. All they got do is check my check my Twitter, check my Instagram. I'm done.
Speaker 1: I know I can still do it. I can still do it because I have my emotions at half an inch under my skin. Every emotion comes out in a second.
Speaker 2: So uh say, now, I'm calm.
Speaker 1: The doctor told me you how blood pressure is high? I said, you gave me the new pill, but it's still high. He says, double the dose. We got to figure this out, I says, I'm also sicilian. I said, you know, I a lot of things going on. I got to finish his book. I got two shows to tape. My son's graduating. I need another job. I lost the poker show. I got shit on my mind, man, I know, I know. I said, all right, well, maybe blood pressure numbers should be higher nowadays because the world's going as shit and we all see it. You know, New York America was the melting pot. Now it's the witch's cauldron. It's disgusting what's happened to this country. And I feel it.
Speaker 2: He just laughs. But you know, I love I love that passion. You know my father.
Speaker 1: I saw him through punches as quickly as I saw him break down and cry one the first time when our dog died. And then one Sunday we were driving in his caddy to buy some liquor to take home. We're listening to the radio show on an AM dial back. Then with AM had all the great tastes. Back then, all the great stations were AM, believe it or not, even though they couldn't hear him under a tunnel order an overpass. But they were the rest music stations, and the show we listened to was Gumbata Joe Rotolo's Italian Hour, very Italian song to tell in comics, and you know, I'm like twelve years old in the car and of course windows are closed. He's pulling on a Winston cigarette and he would turn up the doll whenever Pat Cooper the comic came on. Pat's Dead Now. But I eventually got friendly with him and met him and Howard Stern, very passionate, crazy as Sicilian guy. Pasquale Caputo's his real name, but he went by Pat Cooper. You probably know who he is, didn't suffer fools, was probably his own worst enemy. But funny as the day is long, and he would do his comedy. My father would belly laughed so hard, and honestly, he's like the way he talked, It's like the way I am now, but he had a lot more punchlines.
Speaker 2: But I'm the same way, Hi low high low.
Speaker 1: But but then seconds, you know, Cooper would tell a joke and then start talking about his mother and his voice would crack and you go, wow, he just went from being so angry at somebody to almost crying because he.
Speaker 2: Mentioned the word mother, Well, mama. Unbelievable, and that's maybe.
Speaker 1: You know, there's other racist nationalities out there who are like that, but to me, Southern Italians are the most like that. I could be wrong, but that's the way I feel. If you can see my hands right now, they haven't stopped movements that I sat down.
Speaker 2: That's me. And I can answer every phone call, but I can't. I'll cry. I'll cry all day.
Speaker 1: If ever I have like sixteen calls and texts, I forget about it. I love you all, but if I did, I I get nothing done today, I'll do it all tomorrow, I promise.
Speaker 2: I love you all. I love you all.
Speaker 1: And then Louis Prima will come on right. Louis Prima, my father always maybe listen to his music, and of course we know the song just a Jiggelow, but that song goes into I ain't got nobody, I ain't got nobody nobody. It's a great He's signed with Killy Smith, and towards the end of that song, Louis Prima shouts out only Italian expressions while Killey Smith, who he had a very long affair with sing so.
Speaker 2: Beautifully under and over. It's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: You should listen to go to YouTube and look up I Ain't got Nobody slash. I know, justin Chigolow slash, I Ain't got nobody. Oh my god, it's so great. Still makes me get misty. And at the end of the song he's he's saying to the world, I ain't got nobody to love me. And he's saying there's no one, no and that the band would yell back, no one, no one, nobody, nobody.
Speaker 2: They keep, you know, parrotying each other.
Speaker 1: And at the very end he does these Italian expressions that nude nude, la scurry and scurtyes. I say it, oh, and I know what that meant as a kid. But that's the Silian. You can't even look that up in a dictionary.
Speaker 2: It's Sicilian.
Speaker 1: It's a dialect. It's not got arab in it too. It's crazy, so different than notly time, which is sing songy. This is like guttural, you know, like I've told you Sicilians for beautiful bed da Sicilian's bed dude. It's different, it's harder, it's tougher, it's darker, it's almost sinister. So he looks at me and he says, you know, what's oum means a sicilian? I said, no, Dad, tell me. He says, Louis wants to get ladies. Asked a woman, you want it tonight? Stars saying to me, is tonight? Ooh you you want it?
Speaker 2: I said, ooh ah, okay, Dan twelve years old.
Speaker 1: Can He told the story last week on the Everything Is a Bit show where we're talking about women's behinds whatever, just guide talk.
Speaker 2: And he says, you know, he does not like a flat ass. I said, well, you know, you know, I like a round are too.
Speaker 1: But sometimes you know, if the girl's beautiful and got a nice rack, and you know, like it depends like you got to give up something that everybody don't have everything, I says, And you know, for girls in a position, the certain position, every yes looks kind of good. He's like, yeah, my father told me you're twelve years old. If you bend them over their old sisters, what the fuck does that even mean? But we still remember it fifty some odd years later. That's twelve year old wisdom from a father who to his twelve year old son.
Speaker 2: And I even told.
Speaker 1: Rocker the other day, we're talking about girlfriends and stuff. He doesn't say much. You know, he got friendliest in school. He got I voted the friendliest, which made my heart swell with pride the fact that he's friendliest. You know, at this year, this age, she'd go and stealing money from the cool school class and throwing a barbecue. We were going to get big cases of beer at Jackie Wren's beverage. Waddy, he would throw them over the fence. We'd rob him. Forget what we would to forget going to the city with the hookers. You know, my son goes to the beach, has a party. I gotta get maddle them. So I said, look, be careful, see you week. I know what's coming. Watch your ass. This whole summer is going to be fucking crazy. Just please, I can't. It's killing me. My mother was right, you know, I said, you know you do something stupid. Rockall I I got the money for rehab. I can't say in the malleable. I'm not that kind of father. All right, So I'm telling you now, I said I did everything. I'm crazy, Okay, I said all the Benz is the men had issues with addiction. My father, his brothers, me, Jackie, Joey, my cousins Gregory and Raymond. We're crazy men. We'll give you the shirts off of back. We'll help you with anything you want, but we're nuts. So watch your ass. If you got that gene. Oh my god, I can't get more grave than I already am. But I don't know what you're gonna do to me. I don't know, Dad, I said, I know what it's like. I said, you think I still don't get urges rock? Are you still you know I have no an nswery for a couple of years. You still think I want to go out there? I says, Sometimes the old line wants to take down the antelope. We want to see if we still got that that speed, that power that vigored. Are we still king of the jungle? I know, Dad, and he's smiling, God bless him. So that's the wisdom from my father, he said on his good late I said, oh, I can't take it so perfect. And you know it's written on Louis Primu's grave because in the end of the song, he says, when when the end comes, I know they'll say justin Gigaelo life goes.
Speaker 2: On without me. That's on his tombstoke and he was right. He was right.
Speaker 1: But getting back to uh, instant emotions which I inherited. Roxy did too. She can fly after not at me, but at things things piss her off. Not rock O sweetest care not yet anyhow, He's calm and measured. But h so on the car my father, I'm trying to show their different levels of passion, aggression, and sweetness and tenderness and toughness. Goubada Joe puts on a beautiful old song called Mama. I have to call this music, oh men music when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Now I listened to it.
Speaker 1: I have to run to get a tissue. I can't stop crying, and I might write now the song Mama.
Speaker 2: This version was sung by Jerry Vale.
Speaker 1: Everybody sings it, Connie Francis, Andrea Boceelly Pavarotti, they all sing It's beautiful song.
Speaker 2: But the lyrics of this song.
Speaker 1: Maybe I said this years ago, but we're in the quiet of that Cadillac with the windows up, and uh, I'm not gonna sing it. But the lyrics of Mama, those happy days when you were here beside me, safe in the glow of your love sent from the heavens above. Nothing can never replace the warmth of your tender embrace. Oh Mama, But my most beautiful song is you. You are life. For the life of me, I will never leave you again. And I take a peek at my father, who's got tears streaming down his cheeks. My mother was diagnosed with cancer that summer, cervical cancer. But I think he was thinking about his mother. Uh and my mother's mother who he loved, Pipanella, we called it. I wasn't ana lie, but her name is Josephine. That's how that's why I'm out for joseph But they called the Pipanella or Pippini doing Sicilian. That's Josephine in Sicilian. He loved her and she loved him. And I see tears run down his cheeks. You know, this is the guy who I saw beat that guy's up and pull a gun out and fucking.
Speaker 2: Forget about it. But what lyrics, right? What beautiful?
Speaker 1: Let me know the next time a rapper sings a song about his mother, that's beautiful as mama. Only Tupac did it with dear Mama, and I always believe Tupaca had a little Sicilian in him. Two but I realized I said yesterday, I'll talk about you for you today. You know, well say that for tomorrow, because you know it's my birthday. I felt differ and I feel a little bit, you know, light on my feet. I wanted to get you up to date on my health situation for some sick of talking about by the way, but my sister Lorraine.
Speaker 2: Was a hypochondriac. Now maybe she was right.
Speaker 1: Baby, she had gatzas I didn't know about, but we always thought the rain and you're fine, stopped talking.
Speaker 2: But she was like twenty five at least I'm sixty four with the gotsas.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, gang, all these medicine bottles in my cabin in the kitchen make me think of my father the day.
Speaker 2: He had a heart attack.
Speaker 1: Because when he had a heart attack, well, he took a stress test and it wasn't a good result, so they gave nitrochlspering tablets.
Speaker 2: He didn't take him like a lot of old men. He just threw him in the fucking cabinet, didn't care where they were. That was for my mother to find right, Literally, gave me a night truck listery because she knew where it was.
Speaker 1: He had no idea. One day, I come home from college. My mother's working and uh, I don't see my father was his day off. So Dad, I go in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: All these medicine bottles to orange amber bottles are on the floor.
Speaker 1: Pills are on the floor, Like, what the fuck is going on? And I realized, I said, he had a heart attack. And I went to Good Smarton which is less than a mile away from the house. He's up there in the emergency room. He had two lot attacks in a row, and there was a bucket on the bed if you wanted to throw up. And he's kicking the bucket as I went and what happened? He goes, I'm kicking the bucket and he's kicking the bucket with his foot to say I'm dying.
Speaker 2: What happened to that? He said? They said, a couple of heart attacks. Why is the kitchen like that?
Speaker 1: I couldn't find the fucking nightra I don't know where your mother puts the fucking pills. I said, sometimes put him in your pocket. It's your hard.
Speaker 2: They let him go.
Speaker 1: They give him this big thing. Nowadays, you know you've got a pacemaker now. Back in the old days, they gave this thing he hung around his neck. It was this big contraption. No hard work, no stress, go down, put your feet up, calm down, take it easy. Well then an hour he's mowing the lawn with no shirt on, with the fucking modeler on his chest. They're different men, different people. I miss them. They were honest, they were true. They said things you maybe always didn't want to hear. But if you wanted the truth about anything in life, that's who you went to. You know why they were that good because they were uncensored. I know some people text me and say, you know, when you do the show with Kenny, I hear you sniffling and coughing, or you're blowing your nose. I don't give a shit. The show's uncensored. Look, you're not coming to a beautiful art studio where everything's pristine on the walls. This is a fucking a Soho loft in the nineteen seventies. There's paint on my head, paint on my hat. The couch is wet with paint, there's portraits.
Speaker 2: This is who I am. I'm never gonna change.
Speaker 1: I talk from parts of my body I don't even know have thoughts yet, but they all come out of my mouth. So this is who I am. And if you don't like to hear a sniffle or a cough, I can't fuck it. I what I'm gonna do? What am I gonna do?
Speaker 2: Change for a couple of people? Or be myself? I gotta be me great the other great song, I gotta be me I would have So all right, Gang, gotta go.
Speaker 1: I gotta prepare for the kids and compezza tonight and pick up rock on an hour. And as long as I get cards from my kids and sweet text messages which I got from ROXI I'm very happy.
Speaker 2: So that's it. I love these all.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the birthday messages. Never thought i'd get this far. But I don't know if I would have won for you guys. I really don't think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I really don't think I would got this long if I had been at this about nine years. Nine years Jesus Christ August will be nine years.
Speaker 2: Wow? All right, Gang, I'm aj Benzon.
Speaker 1: That was your daily Unfiltered podcast for June third, Michael Otis's birthday, My old Partner twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Talk to ease tomorrow